Baalathon - Squeeze him 'til he drops [by RibGriller]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @RibGriller on Feb 16, 2008.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

Baalathon - Squeeze him 'til he drops

Thanks Thyiad for merging the threads, so we can have this shiny new one. Thanks to everyone for their input on the rule set.

Make sure to sign up before the start date or you cannot join!

Rules, rules, and more rules

1) This tournament will run from February 22 thru March 24 when the clock strikes midnight GMT (right as March 23 becomes March 24, same with the start date).

2) Everyone does a maximum of 500 runs, you have a month to complete them. You can go over 500 runs, but those drops will not count toward your 500. You set a date/time to start, and that's when you start. You cannot start your 500 as soon as you pick up a Tyrael's Might, Dweb, etc.

3) Each participant gets to protect one item from being taken.

4) You cannot lose any S/U jewelry of any kind, so there's no need to worry about that.

5) Scoring for the S/U category will be based on the MFO system (i.e. The summed score from your top five S/U). Here is the scoring sheet used for that system.

6) The top 3 players in points get to select non-protected items as per MFO rules below

1st Place - picks 4 items from ANY other entrants (max 1 per entrant).
2nd Place - picks 3 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)
3rd place - picks 2 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)

7) There will be a separate category for the best Rare Items. This category will be completely independent of the S/U category. A winner from the S/U category cannot take a Rare from someone in this category, unless they are a winner in this category as well.

7a) All players will vote for the player with the best set of 5 Rares. Those votes can be PM'd to me at the end of the tourney. And yes, you can vote for yourself if you feel you have the best set.

7b) Rules 1,2,3,6 apply to this category. e.g. 500 runs, you can protect one rare item, etc.

8) You do not have to participate in both categories.

9) MP rule! As long as you pick up a maximum of 500 run drops, you can split your runs between solo/MP.

9a) To avoid accidently picking up extra drops, you should only MP with other players in this tournament.

10) You can use multiple characters.

11) For the S/U category, do not post your qualifiers until the end of the tournament. However, feel free to show off your non-qualifiers and yellows.

12) We'll use MFO rules for anything not covered in this rule list.

At the end of the tournament, send the ATMA readouts of your top 5 S/U to me. And post your top 5 rares to be voted on. Send in your votes on who you think should be first, second, and third.

GL to everyone!

Last edited:
Re: Baalathon - the hunt for typing skills

Ok I am being incredibly dim here ... I don't understand the MP rule. I did before. Has it changed?

And I'll change the title to something else in a moment. 👅

Oh and I take it you can't claim runes either.

Can you compete singly in the baal category and the MP one or only one?
Re: Baalathon - Squeeze him 'til he drops

As far as I understand it, any run in which you add items to your baalathon pool counts towards the 500 total. Doesn't matter if it's solo or MP. So you could, for example, do 350 solo runs, 200 duo runs, and 150 runs with a team of three. Assuming you rotate drops each run, that'd put you at 500 runs where you get drops.

I'm too lazy to look up the name, but in the previous thread someone dropped out because of being in NTPP. Is that really an issue, or was he drawing premature conclusions?

muzzz said:
I'm too lazy to look up the name, but in the previous thread someone dropped out because of being in NTPP. Is that really an issue, or was he drawing premature conclusions?

For the record:

Tourneys where prizes are claimed *from the items dropped during the Tourney* are an exception to the NTPP rule. Partly.

*Runes in the NTPP cannot be claimed if the person "giving" the rune is in NTPP
*Items in the NTTP can be claimed if the person "giving" is in NTPP.

It's where logic goes out the window and we just accpet we're the SP(T)F and deal with it. 😁

muzzz said:
As far as I understand it, any run in which you add items to your baalathon pool counts towards the 500 total. Doesn't matter if it's solo or MP. So you could, for example, do 350 solo runs, 200 duo runs, and 150 runs with a team of three. Assuming you rotate drops each run, that'd put you at 500 runs where you get drops.

Yes, that example works with the rules. Just to be 100% clear, you'd be breaking the rules if you didn't rotate drops cause you'd be going above your 500 run max.

@Thyiad: So NTPP players can participate with full privileges like everyone else? We don't have to worry about runes/charms/jewelry cause those are non-qualifiers.

Edit @Lionheart: No, runes are non-qualifiers, so you can't lose them or use them for scoring.

Do runes count as S/U for the purposes of this tournament?

OK, I`m thinking of joining in team section so I wonder:
Team doesn`t depend on me, and score of team isn`t together (like it was on MFO), right?
So, if I miss some games, team won`t be at loss?

I'm really interested in joining this tournament. I'm tossing up between my main MF Sorc (Blizz/Chain), who's been running Countess/Pindle and Meph, or my FA/LF Zon who's in Act IV.

What character do you believe makes for the better runner?

Add me to the tournament. I don't know when I'll be online again, but I'll try and keep updated as best I can using family machines and free internet cafes.

Silver - lvl ** Sorc - ~550% MF or more...will have more details another day!
Re: Baalathon (evised rules)

I should be able to get my rebuild up and running Baal by the deadline.

Allrighty! I'll add my name to the table at the last moment, since I still haven't decided what I'll enter.

Maybe the team/MP confusion can be alleviate somewhat by changing the "looking for teammates" header to "interested in MP", or something like that?
Re: Baalathon (evised rules)

And I shall be joining with my blizzballer. I hope to get a few more levels in before the tourny starts

buraz said:
OK, I`m thinking of joining in team section so I wonder:
Team doesn`t depend on me, and score of team isn`t together (like it was on MFO), right?
So, if I miss some games, team won`t be at loss?

No, there is not a "team score" like in the MFO -- only individual scores.

P§ÃÇHÕ said:
I'm really interested in joining this tournament. I'm tossing up between my main MF Sorc (Blizz/Chain), who's been running Countess/Pindle and Meph, or my FA/LF Zon who's in Act IV.

What character do you believe makes for the better runner?

Add me to the tournament. I don't know when I'll be online again, but I'll try and keep updated as best I can using family machines and free internet cafes.

Silver - lvl ** Sorc - ~550% MF or more...will have more details another day!

Blizz/CL is my personal favorite combo, especially for Baal running. However, if you want even more power than that, go pure Light if you have a decked out merc to take out LI's for ya. Is very good even without Infinity.

I would add you to the table, but dunno what your 'Status' is.

muzzz said:
Maybe the team/MP confusion can be alleviate somewhat by changing the "looking for teammates" header to "interested in MP", or something like that?

Good idea. I'm hoping there isn't anymore confusion. 👅

Signup'd to Rares category. Will run with my hammerdin mostly, but if I might do some runs with my lightsorc too, to get some levels. I'm not 100% sure, that I can do that 500 runs, but I'm surely going to try 👍

Seeing as I can double the Vanilla crew, I'm certainly in :wink3: Aside from levelling my younger javazon to clvl96, I could use some exp with my other characters as well. Now just, counting the runs in my age.. :hide: 😁

Yah! I'm so glad you joined Ugla, we need more vanilla participants. Are you sc or hc?

I think I'm going to add another char to my list, my LF/FA fishy zon, Artemis. She is only lvl 18 but I hope to have her up and running before the tourny starts. I just dont feel real confident in my blizz sorc running baal 500 times. I dont know how yall do it.

Sorry for the delay in entering, But I was considering my entry. I wanted to go melee and at the end of the day, my avenger could well use the levels and has the best starting MF from the set and war travs. A couple of small SC's with MF/good second mods and dump one skiller for a Gheeds. I don't expect to win unless I find something really uber but basically for me, that would be the only useful item anyway. Don't mind giving up TC84's and the like. Just good motorvation to level my avenger up. Hoping to crack 6,500 @8 fps average damage!

After some further testing, I'm dropping my Fishyzon from my runners-list. Not fast enough for this tourney and no need for her to be taking up space on the table.

Ok, I have one question. The 500 runs limit is 500 successful Baal killings or 500 games? I’m asking this because I have been doing some runs with my blizz sorc and sometimes I had to abort the run because the throne is full of cold immunes. (I’m not sure if I made myself clear...)

Because of this I had my light and meteorb sorc to the table. I'm going to make some run tests and see which one is safer. (I never ran Baal for items...)

I think that you would need to kill Baal 500 times.

But that means you could kills the minions and exit before baal an unlimited number of times. Perhaps the run doesn't count until the first minion pack pops out.

That way, players that hit nasty throne room spawns can save and exit but you won't be able to pick up anything extra by not killing baal on certain runs.

Edit: The scoring is the same as the MFO so minions and Baal both count.

Does only Baal drops counts, or his minions to?

Ok, I fixed the table (that I messed up!)

@Buraz: I think this tourney follow the MFO rules, so the minions drops + Baal drops count.

I hope the tourney host could clarify my doubt...

EDIT: tidied up the table a bit.

In my opinion, any run in which you spawn at least the first wave should count. You could argue that it only has to count if you kill at least one minion, but I foresee people getting sloppy with that. However, I could agree with ruling that a run counts as soon as you enter the throne. I'd see that as somewhat fair to people who take the trouble to be able to deal with whatever can spawn there.

One more question, regarding signup: are we allowed to change the set of running characters once the tournament has started? Or their gear (read: listed MF)?

jjscud said:
But that means you could kills the minions and exit before baal an unlimited number of times. Perhaps the run doesn't count until the first minion pack pops out.

That way, players that hit nasty throne room spawns can save and exit but you won't be able to pick up anything extra by not killing baal on certain runs.

Edit: The scoring is the same as the MFO so minions and Baal both count.

I agree 100% with this. If Baal and his minions are what count in scoring, and if you haven't killed either yet, it doesn't count towards your run total.

According to the rules, it's as if you ran AT, Pindle, or whatever. It doesn't count.

@Muzz: Sure, you can use whatever chars you want to, and change them in the table at anytime you need to -- even while the tourney is in progress. The table is only set up like it is to inform people on different builds/mf possibilities out there.

hmm, maybe I need to swap to Both categories, since I would be the only one in just Rares... Well, I have few days to think about it 😃

RibGriller said:
Blizz/CL is my personal favorite combo, especially for Baal running. However, if you want even more power than that, go pure Light if you have a decked out merc to take out LI's for ya. Is very good even without Infinity.

I would add you to the table, but dunno what your 'Status' is.

Hehe, got kicked off my uncle's laptop the other day because he was going and didn't have time to specify all that:

Silver - Blizz/CL - ~550% MF (I'll get a better estimate at home before the comp) - Both - 1.11b SC Vanilla

Whoa, I'm the only Vanilla competitor in SC?

Once the tournament's started, my updates will be pretty sporadic, but I'll try my best to hijack people's PCs around town and post my findings in a tidy manner.

Hmm so we have to send updates like in MFO?

Definitely in 😃

Hope I'll do okay, this will be the first MF tournament I've participated in

Got deeds in the pally tournament so my schedule has opened up and I'm in. Will be running a cheeser HC RWM, and it looks like right now I'm the only one in that category so HC RWM'ers get on this.

Gone are the days I bothered with bnet, so I might as well enter my freshly 90 multi/strafe/lf/cs/whateveryoucallitZon.

edit: Will I and Norcim be counted into the same category? Or is it up to Norcim (and other possible HC RWM'ers without RRM) to decide?

scratch my second edit, must have missed the 3rd page =D

As far as I can tell we will be in the same category Ankeli. I don't think this forum separates RRM and RWM but I just choose not to use the RRM. Glad you joined so that we can have a mini competition.

If I had to give us odds, they'd be 1-100 in your advantage though.
I'm laaaazy and work eats up a lot of my time, so I'm happy if I actually get 250 runs in :p

RWM/RRM players can accept RWM items without changing their mod status. However, if a RWM player accepts RWM/RRM items, then the RWM player ==> RWM/RRM tainted.

OK I want to play too. I've never really run Baal before, so its time to try it. I'm going to make a hammerdin (CheeseBaaler) - never really made one since my early days, and now I have the gear to twink the heck out of him. If I find a death's fathom (#1 on the wish list), I'll switch over to my maxxed Orb sorc (gunning for a 1k orb as done here before, now at ~800) and level her some more.

I'm just gonna sign up, and hope I get some runs done. Don't know if I can get myself to do so many :embarassed:

alright im in. my sorc is feelin pretty safe, little scared of lister spawning with any aura but i should be alright if i take it slow and play smart, and if i die O well. Should be fun.

allright, sorry for the premature "dropout", but this time im in. should be fun, and i hope to hit 93 in case i want to craft or gamble the heck outa stuff or something. I think ill have the time

@ribgriller (and others) i might be interested in MPing later on, but alas i am unable to host (or have no idea how) and i dont have the best internet connection, so i figure it should be someone who lives relatively close for a better connection. I think your relatively close (colorado, minnesota), so... i understand though if i havent earned enough trust yet... so, just to let you know, id be interested.

good luck to all!

I'm down for it. I could host with a pure Blizz or Blizz/CL sorc and freeze everything while shards and hammers are flying everywhere killing stuff. 👍

Of course, I wouldn't be able to pick up any of your rare drops. :(

I can't wait -- there's a little under 48 hours to sign up people!

Edit: Lining up the table. If you guys hit the "Preview Changes" button, you can see if you're lining your info up with the columns. Thanks for helping to keep the table easier to read. :)

Edit2 @Buraz: I see your name in the MP table, but not in the sign up/progress table?

Edit3: Later, I might add a couple columns for "Solo Average Run Time" and "Psettings" for research purposes. You wouldn't have to enter any info if you didn't want to. I'm thinking this tournament could be a good research tool for anyone looking to run Baal.

Decided to participate in both categories, so I won't be the only one in Only Rares category 😃

RibGriller said:
Edit3: Later, I might add a couple columns for "Solo Average Run Time" and "Psettings" for research purposes. You wouldn't have to enter any info if you didn't want to. I'm thinking this tournament could be a good research tool for anyone looking to run Baal.

That is a good idea. Of course it's nice that it isn't a must, but I can be part of that research. Most of all, I'd love to see some statistic about meleecharacters.

Neksja said:
Decided to participate in both categories, so I won't be the only one in Only Rares category 😃

Glad you changed your mind. After all, that's what all the cool kids are doin. 😁

I'm still thinking of the best way I could add those two columns to get the most information out of the smallest amount of space. You or anyone else have any ideas?

RibGriller said:
Edit2 @Buraz: I see your name in the MP table, but not in the sign up/progress table?

Sorry bout that, forgot to add myself :duh:

Are we gonna post open MP games here like in MP forum, or will we PM eachother about it?

buraz said:
Are we gonna post open MP games here like in MP forum, or will we PM eachother about it?

It might be a good idea to start a Baalathon MP thread in the MP sub-forum. So far it looks like there's only six of us that want to MP, so dunno what you guys think would be easier.

I don't think we should post games in this thread though.

Ok, I have been doing some runs and I'm starting to realize that Baal's drops really suck!! I have done about 40 runs and I had only one good drop (a Giant Skull and Aldur's Plate), the "best" drop was 4 piles of gold, 1 quiver of bolts and a magic long sword... with almost 500% MF! Am I being impatiente or Baal is usually like this?!

Anyway, my runtime is around 4-5 minutes which I think it's a lot... but since it's limited number of runs, I guess it's better to try to max out MF and don't care about run time. Also I'm doing a trip to town so swap items, namely the Bonehew (for wave two) for gull+rhyme and merc's insight for kelpie snare...

RAWR!

Looks like I'm gonna have to make a slight return for this one, just to show you kiddies how it's done ;). Nah but in all seriousness, how could I say no to a Baalathon!!?!

I'm In! I'll run S/U of course! 😁

Also organised the list alphabetically!

Good luck all!

Joosh 👍

RibGriller said:
It might be a good idea to start a Baalathon MP thread in the MP sub-forum. So far it looks like there's only six of us that want to MP, so dunno what you guys think would be easier.

I'm in favor of a separate Baalathon MP thread. PMing will most likely not work at all for me, as I expect my inbox to get quite full with mafia PMs.

Won't be participating in this one although I wanted to run Baal with my Meteorber and my Lightning sorceress for the sake of comparison, since my video card is messing up and I won't have my laptop the next days/weeks.

Good luck to all those Baalians!👍
Sorry dudes. I did some testruns now. Managed to gather a whopping 7 runs in an hour :sad: Did some calculation and figured out that I can't spend that much time playing. I somehow thought, I'd be faster :undecided: So, officially dropped out.

Good luck for everyone, hope all your drops are golden and red (if RRM used)

Neksja

edit. all my testing was made with my hammerdin, now I quickly killed ancients with my lightsorc, tried twice to complete baalrun, but I died both times pretty instantly when I encountered a monster :undecided: keeps reminding me, why I've never bothered doing baalruns...

Well, I managed to level my trapper to lvl 90(more importantly managed to level my mercenary to lvl 90) in mp games here at forum(big thanks to hosters 👍) also managed to pack 224MF on my primary weapons and additional 155MF on switch while maintaining a decent slvl of traps so I'm updating the table information. I rolled an almost perfect wsk2/wsk3 map, the best I've seen so that makes me ready for the start of the tournament. I'm not sure what will my average times be but I predict around 7 minutes per run. Hopefully I can improve that because at that pace 500 runs seem like too much :undecided:

Good luck to everybody who is participating, have fun:afro:

Neksja said:
Sorry dudes. I did some testruns now. Managed to gather a whopping 7 runs in an hour :sad: Did some calculation and figured out that I can't spend that much time playing. I somehow thought, I'd be faster :undecided: So, officially dropped out.

Good luck for everyone, hope all your drops are golden and red (if RRM used)

Neksja

edit. all my testing was made with my hammerdin, now I quickly killed ancients with my lightsorc, tried twice to complete baalrun, but I died both times pretty instantly when I encountered a monster :undecided: keeps reminding me, why I've never bothered doing baalruns...

I think you just need more practice. That's what this tourney is for.

I'm sure there's alot of guys here that can help you with strategy and gear choices. Don't give up!

@ Neksja, I would go have a nother look at Denton's superfast lit sorc thread. Obviously you won't get that sort of run time without Infinity but you can still get extremely fast times without infinity and that thread has the strategy and gear discussions.

Edit: Also, from my own experience, My first few baal runs with any character are always junk. My light sorc does fairly well but I also had a terrible time on her first 10 - 20 runs, it just takes some time to get the feel for how each char works.

Lastly, with a good amount of FCR, nothing should touch you until you get to the throne room.
Alright, I'm back on business. I'm still unsure about that 500 runs, but I'll try. Ribgriller and jjscud, thanks for support.

I actually didn't check that denton's litesorc, but I looked "optimizing hammerdin for wsk" -thread.

Took my 50all res upped vipers, 29all res maras, Soj to main gear and for switch Black Scourge and another hoz. Now spinning 9k hammers and what was most amazing, baal drops at least half of time, if I'll spank him a little with smite. Now I'm actually very pumped to baalrunning 😁

Thanks a lot guys, gotta give love to this community. Or should I say, you're a killing my social life 😁

Neksja

edit.

After optimizing did a testrun to see my time. 4:14 and I can get slightly faster :shocked:

edit2. Like I never get enough ists and guls to cube Lo, so I cubed my 2 ists and 1 gul to roll a 37all res hoto (first hoto SP, check readout from ift in a sec)

I'm officially running Baal at 552% MF with my Sorc. I have a much better time running Baal with her than I do with my Amazon even though I'll try and throw her into the mix too (Hustler - lvl 83 FA/LF old schoolazon). The only reason why I haven't broken 600% MF with the Sorc is that all my stat points have gone into Vitality, leaving me with a very beefy Sorc that has no Strength. She has two rings on that give +18 and +20 Strength, respectively, but only have 6% MF altogether.

@Neksja: Haha, that's the spirit! And gratz on the good Hoto roll.

@Psycho: Now way I can pack that much MF on my sorc, nice.

Neksja said:
That is a good idea. Of course it's nice that it isn't a must, but I can be part of that research. Most of all, I'd love to see some statistic about meleecharacters.

Melee baal runs? Its all here;
http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=541589

A well timed trade netted myself a couple of +18 to max damage GC's (v1.07) which really helped make back the last damage from swapping in some MF.
But hey, I'm not expecting to win. In fact, I'd be pretty disapointed with all of you if I don't make the bottom five. I'm not out to win at all, just the motorvation to get some levels on my avenger. But you never know. I could still pull in an outside chance of a mangs or dweb. Stranger things have happened!

Anyway, good luck all.

Ah the Melee Baal runners thread. But, most everyone in the tourney is using a caster. I had the idea for newbie Baal runners wondering what works and how fast. However, there are so many factors to consider that I'm not sure there's enough room in the table. 👅

Actually, you and I are the only ones using a melee char, Asmo. 😁

Question: Its about 3 minutes till the tourny starts for me so I wanted to find out if we need to send you updates RibGriller? Also wanted to inform yall that my run count will probably be pretty low for the first week or so because I have RL issues to deal with. I will hit it extra hard after I take care of buisness. Good Luck.

No way, my PM box is too tiny for that. Maybe someone else could volunteer? If not, we'll have to wait til the end.

Well i managed to do a whoping 10 runs tonight. That will be it for me for the next few days.

I'll volunteer to keep score, if enough people are interested in posting updates and want to keep track of their position.

As this is a month long tournament, I wouldn't suggest updates every two days, more like twice a week?

Anyway, let me know and I will post a contact address if required.

RibGriller said:
Actually, you and I are the only ones using a melee char, Asmo. 😁

My tesladin hates you now:wink3:
DC's tesla is still not melee though👅

I have a question about the scoring system. I've looked over the points assigned to each item, and I'm very pleased with my score thus far. However, being unfamiliar with an item, I've IDed it. Does that disqualify that item from counting? And do I get extra points for that item being eth, as eth items are more rare then non eth?

I think you can ID items freely. But eth items and non-eth items have the same score.

how about those average run times? Are people going to keep recording those also? I'm at 10 runs now (wow 😁) and I'm thinking, should I keep tracking run times...

21 runs in so far, with 3 qualifiers. Nothing high scoring, but one is a much needed grailer and generally a highly sought-after item, with a decent roll. Cant complain. Rares have been rubbish though. I also realized after 3 runs that I'd get 30 more MF if I killed with my Call to Arms switch.

I've done ten runs. I haven't kept track of time yet, will probly start that once me and the moron hit level 90. I've found two qualifiers so far. A good average I think. One is good, and the other is junk. I'll take one qualifier every five runs for the rest of the runs.

25 runs, one qualifier /sigh

Would anyone happen to have the list of qualifiers in alphabetical order?

Holy crap, I've already started and didn't know it. In that case, my 20 warm up runs count. I've got a couple qualifiers and this

Fine Small Charm of Balance
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 29
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0x79a81ad5
+13 to Attack Rating
+3 to Maximum Damage
5% Faster Hit Recovery

Atil said:
I'll volunteer to keep score, if enough people are interested in posting updates and want to keep track of their position.

As this is a month long tournament, I wouldn't suggest updates every two days, more like twice a week?

Anyway, let me know and I will post a contact address if required.

Sounds good, thanks for doing this for us. 👍

Naab said:
My tesladin hates you now:wink3:
DC's tesla is still not melee though:tongue:

Doh, sorry Naab. Three melee runners out of 30 something participants is still a minority. 😁

Did 27 runs, average run time 4:15. I guess I scored about 5-10 qualifiers, but I picked up 3 :undecided: I guess with those items my score is maybe a little over 4 so...

Need a break. I now realized, that I will never play character to 99 in sp. NEVER, boring as hell :shocked: I even like pindleing more.

edit. wow, I'm in a lead of done runs 😁 propably the last time...

Every keeps asking so here are time and psettings columns, its probably off the page but its still there so you can look if you want.

Edit: Apparently we're ordering by runs completed

How about a column for the amount of qualifiers found so far? 👅

I'm not sure why they've kept track of qualifiers in the Pindlethons and such cause I don't even pick up alot of those things like Wizardspike anymore. I recently had a giveaway where there were 6 Wizardspikes and a bunch of other qualifiers left that no one wanted.

Edit: Realligned the table. I just started using a teleport ammy on the Zealot, so dunno how his run time will improve yet.

For those wishing to do so, please send updates to me via PM, or e-mail sigonandgwinni(at)btinternet(dot)com

(Adapted from the MFO roolz):
Things to include in your e-mail:
-title should contain Baalathon
-Your forum name
-Your top 5 items

Example:

Title: SPF - Baalathon update
Forum name: jjscud

Firelizard's Talons 5
Eaglehorn 5.4
Eaglehorn 5.4 (example of duplicate find)
Total 15.8

I will endeavour to post rankings on Sundays and Wednesdays.

Good luck to you all 👍

RibGriller said:

I don't think we should post games in this thread though.

Ok, I would like to play some MP games, but got a feelig if I post new thread there that no one will notice it or someone who doesnt participate will enter (is that OK anyway? :undecided: )
Anyway, If there is someone interested in playing MP now, I can post a new thread in MP forum, and host game .

edit: played a bit solo, and got a hell of a map, so i wonder can I join MP games with 2nd char, which I havent reported to play :embarassed: Guess no.
Anyway, if someone is for MP, let me know.

50 runs for the first day - nothing extraordinary, got halfway to 94 though. I forgot to count time for those runs but I think I'll do that tomorrow (somewhere 3-4 min, I think).
No big problems but it was pretty annoying when Lister spawned LI 3 times in a row :rant:

Good luck everyone! 👍

Did some runs,didnt find anything good from baalnfriends,but these dropped on the way to there....

Shadow Dancer
Myrmidon Greaves
Defense: 128
Durability: 20 of 24
Required Strength: 166
Required Level: 71
Unidentified
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x3f6ca11a
+21 to Dexterity
+79% Enhanced Defense
Requirements -20%
30% Faster Run/Walk
30% Faster Hit Recovery
+2 to Shadow Discipline Skills (Assassin Only)

buraz said:
edit: played a bit solo, and got a hell of a map, so i wonder can I join MP games with 2nd char, which I havent reported to play :embarassed: Guess no.
Anyway, if someone is for MP, let me know.

I'm pretty sure you can use as many chars as you want even after the tourny has started.

This was stated earlier in the thread...

muzzz said:
One more question, regarding signup: are we allowed to change the set of running characters once the tournament has started? Or their gear (read: listed MF)?

and Ribgriller replied...

RibGriller said:
Sure, you can use whatever chars you want to, and change them in the table at anytime you need to -- even while the tourney is in progress. The table is only set up like it is to inform people on different builds/mf possibilities out there.

So, I think you can keep your super sexy map and still participate in mp with another char.😁

edit: Nice progress Callador and Naab.

thanx for info Gambitsreturn 👍
So, I can add my other char to the list, right?
I will add Baalathon MP thread to the MP forum (or someone else can). But I wonder, can someone who doesn`t participate in this tourney join in game?

Ok, enough running for today. Silopen`s save counter said i did 16 runs (a bit strange, I was sure i did them 13. Does anyone knows how does this counter works?), with avarege run time 4:18:600.

Tried out with 100MF, and nothing good dropped, so I`ll have to put something different clothes onto her.
Off to sleep :azn:

buraz said:
Ok, enough running for today. Silopen`s save counter said i did 16 runs (a bit strange, I was sure i did them 13. Does anyone knows how does this counter works?), with avarege run time 4:18:600.

It counts the number of times the character file was alternated(i.e. the game saved to a file), which doesn't happen only when you save&exit. Sometimes it happens when you open a portal or such...

I was worried that 500 runs would be too much for me, but today I made it to 50, with not too many hours playing. Still getting the feel of the map and the runs so there is some more place for improvement.
Only one good item dropped in the S/U department, and a couple of decent ones in the rares department.

buraz said:
I will add Baalathon MP thread to the MP forum (or someone else can). But I wonder, can someone who doesn`t participate in this tourney join in game?
RibGriller said:
9) MP rule! As long as you pick up a maximum of 500 run drops, you can split your runs between solo/MP.

9a) To avoid accidently picking up extra drops, you should only MP with other players in this tournament.

I think we're available at the same time, so we could do some together. I'll post in the MP thread.

buraz said:

In addition to what Antonio said, if one of your runs happens to go over 5 min, I think Silo's RC will count two runs. So, I am manually writing down my runs/run times and averaging them myself. I might try to use Excel to do the averaging for me.

My Zealot died three times in 36 runs. I'm so pissed, but I know it's cause I switched some gear around and trying a P1/P8/P3 setup. Changing stuff around can really throw you off your game...

I found this last night in the 99 thread in case anyone's interested on what it takes to level with Baal using P8/P3 psettings.

Code:
Start lvl   End lvl   Runs   Total Runs  %complete
--------------------------------------------------
     98        99     3500      5525       100%
     97        98     1100      2025        36.6%
     96        97      450       925        16.7%
     95        96      210       475         8.60%
     94        95      110       265         4.80%
     93        94       60       155         2.81%
     92        93       45        90         1.63%
     91        92       30        50         0.90%
     90        91       20        20         0.36%

i guess im out... Sorc died on my 30th run, cant say i didnt expect it to happen.
for future reference Orb/TK is really horrible for running baal -.-

only thing i really lost was a 50% pair of war travs and some decent mf charms, so nbd really.
the only qualifier i found was medusas so if anyone wants it at the end there free to have it.

no desire to finish the skellimancer and run baal with him really so its back to the drawing board.
feel free to remove me from the list if u need to clean it up Rib.

GL all

Oh man, that really sucks sabotawj. When my lvl 93 blizz sorc died I lost a pair of perfect wartravs. I think that 30 runs with an orb/tk sorc is pretty impressive, my orb/tk sorc cant even get past act 4. I bet it would be alot easier with that necro. I even bet its quicker than my LF/FA zon. Her last run was 15 minutes long!

Again, my condolences for your loss.

@Sabotawj: Sorry to hear about your lost sorcy and the nice War Travs. I can't get them any higher than 46. Maybe next time...

I probably won't update again til 100 or so. Couple decent finds, but nothing spectacular. I started parking the sorc on the stairs using Static/CL, it looks like it's hurting my run times so far.

Hm. First real 'trial's done for the characters. Seems like the pvp sorc outshines all the others. I do think the light sorc could have been better, if she didn't have max blocking, and as a result only about 700 life.

Finds? One qualifier, one skiller and one gg rare.

Switched to full Tals set + some other gear to get 347/472 MF. It takes a lot for me to kill Baal on P1. Maybe I`ll try Kelpie on merc.

So, Silopens counter makes mistakes. Did get that feeling while runned AT on MFO, so I counted my runs on paper 😁 (still got that paper full of conting-jail-days marks on it somewhere). Will do it now to. it takes me more than 5 minutes to run him, am sure of that.

Sabotawj, to bad you`re gone. Sorry for your loss :cry:

Also, I did died bout 4 times in this 16 runs on P1 :duh:

Bah. I wanted to get a headstart this weekend. Instead I got the flu. Seeing how cruddy my run times are, I wonder if I'll be able to catch up. We'll see...

@buraz: back when I matted my meteorb, I used a wand of lower resist against Baal. The difference was quite noticeable.

buraz said:
So, Silopens counter makes mistakes. Did get that feeling while runned AT on MFO, so I counted my runs on paper 😁 (still got that paper full of conting-jail-days marks on it somewhere). Will do it now to. it takes me more than 5 minutes to run him, am sure of that.
The game autosaves after ~5.5 minutes (can't remember the exact figure), thus adding to the runcounter. The best solution is to finish your run in less than 5!

I don't know how you guys do this. I'm almost at 50 runs now, with 5 qualifiers and to tell you, 2 of those are laying of hands. Not a single green or gold from throne room, Darn it! perhaps 5-10 rare items from throne.

I need a break from this game, seriously, long break :undecided:

Gambitsreturn said:
Would anyone happen to have the list of qualifiers in alphabetical order?

Code:
Andariel's Visage    4.1
Arachnid Mesh    5.6
Arioc's Needle    2.2
Arkaine's Valor    7.4
Astreon's Iron Ward    230.4
Azurewrath    14.9
Baranar's Star    3.1
Blackoak Shield    5.6
Blood Raven's Charge    6.5
Bloodmoon    3.1
Boneflame    11
Bonehew    2.2
Boneshade    7.5
Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge    32.6
Bul-Kathos' Tribal Guardian    32.6
Cerebus' Bite    10.6
Cranebeak    4.5
Credendum    1.7
Crown of Ages    93.9
Dangoon's Teaching    1.3
Dark Adherent    1.6
Darkforce Spawn    172.2
Death Cleaver    76.8
Death's Fathom    140.9
Death's Web    231
Demon Limb    2.6
Demonhorn's Edge    7.6
Demon's Arch    3.1
Djinn Slayer    3.1
Doombringer    5.4
Dracul's Grasp    5.7
Dragonscale    19.5
Eaglehorn    5.4
Earth Shifter    76.8
Eschuta's Temper    4.4
Ethereal Edge    2.4
Executioner's Justice    76.8
Firelizard's Talons    5
Flamebellow    3.1
Fleshripper    6.1
Frostwind    6.1
Gargoyle's Bite    76.8
Ghostflame    76.8
Giant Skull    10.7
Gimmershred    2.6
Griffon's Eye    93.9
Griswold's Honor    94.7
Griswold's Redemption    97.7
Griswold's Valor    39.8
Gut Siphon    6.1
Halaberd's Reign    11
Harlequin Crest    3.9
Head Hunter's Glory    7.4
Heaven's Light    9.3
Hellrack    2.5
Hellslayer    2.5
Horizon's Tornado    5.4
Immortal King's Soul Cage    39.8
Immortal King's Stone Crusher    1
Jade Talon    2.9
Kira's Guardian    4.7
Lacerator    4.5
Laying of Hands    1.4
Leviathan    6
Lightsabre    2.5
Mang Song's Lesson    230.4
Marrowwalk    4.7
M'avina's Caster    5.5
M'avina's Embrace    2.5
M'avina's True Sight    39.8
Medusa's Gaze    6
Messerschmidt's Reaver    6.1
Naj's Light Plate    3.2
Naj's Puzzler    3.2
Natalya's Mark    38.7
Natalya's Shadow    1.7
Nightwing's Veil    6
Nord's Tenderizer    3.4
Nosferatu's Coil    6.3
Ondal's Almighty    2.5
Ondal's Wisdom    7.5
Ormus' Robes    3.7
Ravenlore    19.5
Razor's Edge    3.4
Rune Master    3.1
Sandstorm Trek    3.7
Sazabi's Cobalt Redeemer    2.6
Sazabi's Ghost Liberator    3.1
Schaefer's Hammer    30.5
Shadow Dancer    93.9
Shadow Killer    2.3
Soul Drainer    6.3
Spike Thorn    6.3
Spirit Keeper    13.7
Spirit Ward    10.7
Steel Carapace    10.6
Steel Pillar    76.8
Steel Shade    6.3
Steelrend    93.9
Stone Crusher    6.1
Stoneraven    5.8
Stormlash    32.5
Stormshield    4.7
Stormspire    76.8
Taebaek's Glory    4.5
Tal Rasha's Guardianship    4.5
Templar's Might    93.9
The Cranium Basher    76.8
The Gladiator's Bane    4.7
The Grandfather    76.8
The Reaper's Toll    3.1
The Redeemer    9.3
Thunderstroke    4.5
Tomb Reaver    4.5
Trang-Oul's Girth    4.5
Trang-Oul's Guise    4.5
Tyrael's Might    844.8
Veil of Steel    6
Verdungo's Hearty Cord    4.1
Viperfork    2.5
Warshrike    5.4
Widowmaker    4.5
Windforce    76.8
Windhammer    2.4
Wizardspike    2.2
Wolfhowl    7
Wraith Flight    4.5

Did some runs, nothing too impressive so far, but I got a half decent rare that would have simply been amazing if it was a berserkers axe or something, but oh well.

I usually do the first 4 waves at /p8 and then switch to /p1 for Lister and Baal. The thing is, if Lister is not extra fast, I can kill the pack easily, but if he does spawn with it, its just a pain in the *** since I have to tele all over the place to make sure my merc doesn't get killed. I have an eth Insight, Vamp's Gaze, upped Eth Duriels on him, any gear change recomendations?

You could try a Sol Gladiator's Bane. The best thing you can do for your merc is get him levels. They make some sort of quantum leap in survivability in the low 90s.

I do Lister at P1 as well, and I can let my merc (level 92 Holy Freeze) tank Extra Fast and/or Fana spawn pretty okay with eth 1.07 Insight, Andariels socketed with Ral and Treachery Archon Plate. I usually have to teleport around to avoid any of the minions attacking me, but otherwise I'm ok. I'm guessing that the lack of IAS is whats hurting you the most. I'd suggest maybe socketing the armor + helm with Jewel's of Fervor, if possible.

(edit) And I suppose I should mention that I use a Call to Arms, that might help surviving too. 👅

100 runs done - added my average time. I got some items that I have't found by myself but nothing major yet. At least I got to lvl 94! 😁
I hope I can get another 50 tomorrow because I won't be able to run much during the next week...

Eric Xanthu said:
You could try a Sol Gladiator's Bane. The best thing you can do for your merc is get him levels. They make some sort of quantum leap in survivability in the low 90s.

I just tried several setups between runs 20-30 with my light javazon, one of those being Sol-ed eth G-Bane combined with Sol-ed Vamp Gaze, and Tomb Reaver to make up for the resists. The hydras burnt him to ashes despite the 30 MDR and 75% resists to all. MDR simply doesn't work on a merc 😠 I had my doubts before, but now it is more than obvious - just for comparison, any character with 30 MDR can stand right among the hydras, hardly taking any damage at all.

PDR (30 total), on the other hand, seemed to work decently against waves 4&5, along with CBF, 20%DR, and 7%leech from Vamp Gaze.

Other tested subjects were 'Stone' Sacred Armor (non-eth), which required Andy's for the Str bonus. Burnt by hydras despite 75% FR, thus I didn't even bother to hire a Defiance merc to get the highest defense.

'Treachery' - burnt by hydras, as well as slaughtered by both waves 4 and 5 regardless whether the Fade triggered or not. I must admit I don't have a powerful weapon with high leech which would probably make things a lot better with high IAS, and Reaper's is out of question for this build.

/p8 bosses inflict terryfying damage to a merc. I have witnessed a 1-hit KO from ES/might Lister, and couldn't resist to test it myself - got 1-hit KO too :laugh: (from ~1200 life) - the only death so far :rolleyes:

Btw, some intreresting statistics from my first 30 runs:

WSK2
Black Souls ~25-times
Scarabs ~20-times
i.e. the majority of runs was with those two combined
Throne
Burning Souls ~20-times
Dolls ~15-times
about 5-times the combination of the above with some Horadrim Ancients for more fun

The map I'm using has never been nice spawn-wise, but this was probably its "best" 😁

@ Ugla - I'm terribly sorry you seem to have caught my hosting monsters.

I've done a couple of Baal runs with Atil. Then I got distracted by Pindle. Changed the moron for a Defiance moron with Reapers. Hoping to improve his survivability until he hits 90.

@Thyiad: That's not a big deal, I've already got used to such bad spawns by now. Besides, almost everything can be broken, and then the -24% eLR from Griffon's takes care of it just fine. I guess id-ing all those rares slows me down a lot more :laugh:

Nevertheless, I should either add some IAS for more damage or drop down to /p5, because I have just about enough of moron's dying.. or just stay deeper into the Throne :wink3:

Well I'm up to 30 runs total. My times are simply a joke. I think my Fishy zon averages about 13 minutes a run and my blizz sorc about 7 minutes a run. With these times I think I'll have to baal till next year to get 500:rolleyes: Anyway, 2 low qualifiers and one pretty ring.

Nature's Peace
Ring
Required Level: 69
Unidentified
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xdfe7d7bc
Damage Reduced by 7
Poison Resist +21%
Slain Monsters Rest In Peace
Prevent Monster Heal
Level 5 Oak Sage (9/27 Charges)

With 50 runs, I'm doing pretty okay. 8 qualifiers, 2 grailers, one TC3 item, Nature's Peace and one Baal-Grand Charm is pretty nice. Not a very high score though and most of my rares are horrid. Runtime could be better, considering that I'm mostly on P1, but I suppose my build has its limits. Monsters arent giving me much trouble, for the most part my mapseed wotn spawn any bosspacks in the throneroom, leaving me with relatively esy cleaning before the first minion pack can be spawned.

Nice going everyone 👍
I wanted to reach clvl 89, but got lucky, and three times when I was one kill from leveling I died :rant:. So I got to do 27 runs before I gained level :rolleyes:.
Got 7 qualifiers (I collect everything), and 8 rares, tough I`m not quite sure what rare should be good.
Got one 3/4 lightning facet from one council member.

ALso tride to play minions at p8, but it takes me to much time before I kill anyone, and also tried to fight Baal at P3, but then I got killed (one of those near leveling deaths). So, I decided to stay at P1 at all times. I`ll probably end up last here, but maybe more MP gaming gives me some better drop.

Anyway, I might be able to host some games this evening (in a couple of hours), and then I`ll start ballathon MP thread. But one thing bothers me:
Can people who doesnt participate in baalathon come?

added LowKeys update.
Nice, I`m not only one who`s playing at P1 😁

How did these hammerdin bots do it? I am noobishly having some trouble running Baal with my hammerdin. Lister's pack on p8 takes too long to kill and once they get to me my 1500 life goes fast. I'm at max block, very high res, 9.5k hammers at ~100 FCR (I have not hit the last BP). Is the solution more damage/FCR, a Holy Freeze merc, or some super-killer technique that I'm unaware of? 😊

Eric, you are in a same situation as I am, but I have that HF merc and 10k hammers, same fcr bp. I can't either handle that lister gang at p8, my solution was just to run p1 to get runs done, because my time is very limited 😃

Did some more runs, but Baal is too frustrating, I got like 3 item drops of awful blues/rares for the last 8 runs in a row.

So far 8 qualifiers, but nothing really good there

I`ve puted up a Baalathon MP thread, so if someone wants to join me, let me know.

Got through 75 runs, and finally figured out a merc setup that allows him to survive p8 waves and keep baal slowed. The runs are averaging about 4:30 to 5:00 minutes, but are steadily becoming faster.

Neksja said:
Eric, you are in a same situation as I am, but I have that HF merc and 10k hammers, same fcr bp. I can't either handle that lister gang at p8, my solution was just to run p1 to get runs done, because my time is very limited 😃

Use your merc to get some heat off you, and then Smite the minions, since you have lots of +combat skills on a Hammerdin. They'll stay stunned for 3 seconds, or so. Also try to position your merc and yourself so that there's 2 of them hitting either you or your merc at a time, at most, and the others are trapped behind those monsters. To do this, you need to make use of the pillars.

Managed to get that 50 runs for today. Some very useful qualifiers - too bad those won't give much points...
Nothing major, again.
I'll try to get 50-100 runs before friday, because then I'm going to trip with my friends and I won't come back until March 10.

Drop of the day 😁

I mean, I know he's a moron, but those purples ain't worth 50k each :wink3:

I did a "grand" total of 70 runs, sleeping through most of the weekend :rolleyes: Got one grailer 👍, and two decent rares. I also changed my strategy against Lister's wave (better positioning&decoy placement), and merc's death rate significantly dropped despite the crappy 20%IAS setup I'm still using.

While the WSK spawns slighly improved from my last update, both Bartuc and Lister really enjoy spawning LI lately (~1/5 runs). Speaking of which, I consider carrying Atma's Scarab in backpack to be one of the best decissions I've ever made with my light javazons.

Managed to bring down the Sorc's time a little by parking the LI Listers. I'm starting to bring down the Zealots average time by laying down a hammer field before I start wackin em.

I've been dieing so often, that I can't keep track of my runs with silospen calc, so I started to count runs manually, so no avg run time from me :undecided: And decided to do P1 all the way.

Well, I did 12 runs today, scoring happily 12 times gloams, 8 times dolls and approx 6-7 times ok's, very nice 👍 Also made a record on last run, merc died 4 times in one run. This is going very well from me.

I've picked up 11 qualifiers, happily one tc87 (sad I've found that item about 5 times already), haven't calculated score yet and propably won't. Well, now I have few days break, physics test coming up and I have to pass it 😃

happy running folks 👍

edit.

forgot to mention. If this baalathon doesn't give me anything else, it proofs me that those guys who have runned their characters to lvl99 in sp (especially those who've done it hc) are one hell of players. Gotta give more respect to them.

Still moving along, found a Vex Saturday but itemwise I'm not having much luck. Oh well, there's still a ways to go.

Did 90 runs total. No good drops.
Altough i had one loss: perfect MF gheeds :cry:. Don`t know how did that happen, I notice it was missing when i died and saw 3 potions (from belt i guess) on place of it. It could happen that I`ve acidentally pressed inventory key while fighting(its close to stand still button), and grabbed and dropped it while fast closing inventory (I did that with magefists a bit afterwads), but that doesn`t explain whay I havent seen it on ground. So I think that it could happen when i died, but that makes no sense: i saved and exited, restart, and retrive corpse in town. Anyway, changed it with 35MF one.
Also measured time for drops, and saw that it takes me 6 - 8 minutes to do them :shocked:. that throne room is always crawling with monsters/minions, so it takes me a lot to clear it out.
Maybe i should restart map? But am a bit happy with current one (bout 20 teleports away, and almost none hostile area). :undecided:

Grats on the Vex, jjscud 👍

RibGriller said:
@Psycho: Now way I can pack that much MF on my sorc, nice.

Thankyou, mate :) I've got a better setup for her as she teleports through WSK 2 and 3, with resists peaking at 40 for everything but cold, which is maxed out. I also have 12% Lightning Absorb from a Wisp Projector that helps a little with the Gloams, and the merc's doing just fine with a Lightsabre as a swap weapon.

@Sabotawj - bad luck on that loss mate, that's a tough spot to be in but you did extremely well to get that many runs in...

A minor update from me, I'm going to try and do at least 5-10 runs a day. I know I won't get anywhere near a win in this tournament but I figure my chances of finding something are good with 300 runs done. I'm only 7 runs in at the moment with one qualifier, here's a list of the 'Exceptionals and up' I've found since starting:

Buriza Do Kyanon
Ginther's Rift
Goblin Toe
Gore Rider
Lidless Wall
Rune Master (Q)
The Minotaur
Witchwild String

buraz said:
Did 90 runs total. No good drops.
Altough i had one loss: perfect MF gheeds :cry:. Don`t know how did that happen, I notice it was missing when i died and saw 3 potions (from belt i guess) on place of it. It could happen that I`ve acidentally pressed inventory key while fighting(its close to stand still button), and grabbed and dropped it while fast closing inventory (I did that with magefists a bit afterwads), but that doesn`t explain whay I havent seen it on ground. So I think that it could happen when i died, but that makes no sense: i saved and exited, restart, and retrive corpse in town.

When you're killing the minions, you pretty much have to pick up all the gold on the ground (use TK) or you won't see everything. It's like popping a p8 chest in LK where you can't see everything that comes out unless you pick up some stuff.

buraz said:
Also measured time for drops, and saw that it takes me 6 - 8 minutes to do them :shocked:. that throne room is always crawling with monsters/minions, so it takes me a lot to clear it out.
Maybe i should restart map? But am a bit happy with current one (bout 20 teleports away, and almost none hostile area). :undecided:

Baal running takes quite a bit of practice, especially when you're going solo. Don't get discouraged. Also, I'm not sure that a Meteorb is the best build for running Baal. I've heard that FO is too weak to take out Lister & co on p8. IMO, you'd be better off with a Blizz/CL or pure Light sorc. I could be wrong, but I doubt a pure Blizz or Blizzballer can do all the waves on p8 in less than 4 min. Of course, anything is possible with Infinity. :wink3:

Slotted in another session, stopping on run 61 which is just what aramis needed for level 93. Surprisingly his run speeds are quite good, better than what I thought they would be, around 6 minutes. But I am varying the players x settings a lot. Players 1 for the run thru, 8 for wave 1, back to players 1 for the skellies then up to players 4 for the last three waves and players 1 for baal.
What is helping his runs speed is the number of abandoned runs. With my zealer, with OK's in the throne room, I'd stand still and let the merc do all the killing which rarely works. But with an avenger, OK's are a 2 hit snot and I click off each attack instead of a continous hold so he doesn't continously attack. Has a couple of deaths early on, but once I got a pattern going, I can avoid attacking while IM cursed.

Well Ive got good news Ive got exactly 1 run done yay Im on my way
Ill finish I have confidence

Well, I managed to do 25 runs! At this rate I would need 2 months to do 500 runs! :rolleyes: Yakes! Anyway, nothing special dropped, Baal drops really sucks! I think my best item so far came from Ventar wave... My runtime is about 5.00 – 6.00 minutes which is a lot, but I’m doing lots of item swapping at the beginning of the run and before going after Baal – since it’s a limited run tourney I thought it would be better to max MF... My blizz sorc is handling well enough in this, though the 2nd wave is sometimes very annoying. I’m using a Bonehew on switching to speed things up but not always things work that well (at least has it’s uses to get rid of OK bodies before the wave...)

Cheerz! 👋

i managed 66 runs the weekend.

the most noteworthy drop was a mal rune from wsk 2. i have also had 2 stone crushers to add to my massive collection of gold mallets without yet seeing the schaefers still needed for my grail.

videridae hit clvl 94 and should get to clvl95+ before this is over.

top 3 finds so far:

Leviathan
Messerschmidt's Reaver
Alma Negra

a couple of okish rare circlets but nothing to leap in the air about.

not sure about my average times because when i left last week that column didnt exist in the table :p

good luck all. dune

I think we shouldn't post our qualifiers... :scratch: Non-qualifiers are ok to post though like your Mal rune or jewerly.

i'm just teasing you with my top three ;)

Nothing spectacular yet. I'm hoping he's just waiting to give me an awesome drop. 😁

My Zealot just hit 95. My sorc and him should hit 96 with the 350 runs I have left. 👍

RibGriller said:
When you're killing the minions, you pretty much have to pick up all the gold on the ground (use TK) or you won't see everything. It's like popping a p8 chest in LK where you can't see everything that comes out unless you pick up some stuff.
Yea, I do that, but I have a habit to pick up every gold item, so it takes me some time to see what is good, and waht`s not.

RibGriller said:
Baal running takes quite a bit of practice, especially when you're going solo. Don't get discouraged. Also, I'm not sure that a Meteorb is the best build for running Baal. I've heard that FO is too weak to take out Lister & co on p8. IMO, you'd be better off with a Blizz/CL or pure Light sorc. I could be wrong, but I doubt a pure Blizz or Blizzballer can do all the waves on p8 in less than 4 min. Of course, anything is possible with Infinity. :wink3:

Could be that its not the best build. But best char that I got for it. When i go with my pure blizz sorc, 2nd wawe skellis give me too much trouble, so i didn`t want to run with her.
Maybe its not ideal to go with meteorber, but shes the best one I have for that task :azn:

Got 50 runs more. I think I just need ~10 runs to get my sorc to 95 😁
I improved my score a little. I sincerely hope that I get at least one TC87 from these 500 runs...

Couple screenies:
3 crap uniques and 1 qualifier from waves
Triple Unique Sharktooth Armor drop (yes, rares were failed uniques)

Crazy drops you got there Callador.

My Zealot is really killin em. My average came down some more. I just might finish out the tourney with him doin all the runs. Oh and Baal keeps droppin crap for me. :(

Update! So, I didn't mean to run baal at all while I studied to physics exam. Well, what would be better break from studying than 2-3 baalruns? :rolleyes: Have to admit, that sometimes I did few more. Exam is done, succeeded average and now I have better time for baalathon.

And the drops? Meh, would've been faster, if I would have left baal alive, so nothing from him.

Going pretty steady so far, minus the fact that I had the monster spawn of Souls, Oblivion Knights and Dolls in the throne around 5 times during the last set of runs. 11 qualifiers now, with one more grailer.

I had time just only for few runs up to now, I did some merc optimisation and my runs seem to be a bit faster and more safe. 4 qualifiers up to now. And I took back my java, she is not prepared yet and I don't have enough time to optimised her.

60 down. I started using a hammerdin, but just couldn't get comfy with him. Killed fast, but died too much. Switched over to a light sorc and am not dying - teleport is too darn useful. A bunch of qualifiers, but nothing exciting...

@Sequana: it is impossible for a javazon not to be ready, as long as you have the WSK2 WP 😁

As for me, I have raised the total number of runs to 100, re-finding my highest-score qualifier - only this time from the waves instead of Baal himself. I have also found some more rares, but nothing too impressive. My javazon is ~30 runs short of clvl96, which is where I intend to park her and continue with the other characters 👅

Another good night of runs. Item find wise there is definetely a real trend of items that I am finding and that is shields. Weird to say the least and a bit disapointing because I don't think any of the shields score very highly! I need to be finding caddies or sacred armors for high scores! :evil:

Some more runs.

@buraz I noticed that you were having trouble with your meteorb. The pointers that I really have is to stack meteors for the 2nd/3rd wave. If you do it right, the waves should take massive damage as soon as they spawn and then you finish up with fireball. Venter+Lister I FO at first, followed by a close tele to static and then back off to let merc tank while I FO. For Baal, I just Static and then Fball until hes dead

Just a quick question/ clarifications- all runs do not have to be done by the same charachter, correct?

and if so, is it too late to add another charachter to the list that will do my rushing?

ive completed 2 runs so far... got a tyraels though:rolleyes: (actually, that was a dream- i literally had a dream that i found one. then when i was looking through my stashes it was like... wait... doh) i found it funny anyways...

edit: thanks buraz

I've squeezed out 16 runs in total so far with my Sorc, and things are looking alright. I got the following in run #15:

Bonehew
Ogre Axe
Two-Hand Damage: 117 to 609
Durability: 30 of 50
Required Dexterity: 75
Required Strength: 195
Required Level: 64
Polearm Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Unidentified
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Fingerprint: 0x5b36ccee
+320% Enhanced Damage
30% Increased Attack Speed
Prevent Monster Heal
50% Chance to cast Level 16 Bone Spear on striking
Level 14 Corpse Explosion (22/30 Charges)
Socketed (2: 0 used)

The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x2ab2d42b
+20 to Mana
Adds 1-12 lightning damage
Increase Maximum Mana 25%
+1 to All Skill Levels

Small Charm of Good Luck
Required Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0x772897c2
6% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

That's only my second Stone of Jordan since playing DII from day one. I'm not sure if I'll even crack 100 runs in a month, but I'm happy with what I've found, and even happier to realise I do have a proper Baalrunner now 😄

[edit] Just noticed my charm's ilvl **. I was sure I got that off Baal, but I guess I got it somewhere else! [/edit]

Grats on the SOJ, psyco 👍

Xdeathfire said:
@buraz I noticed that you were having trouble with your meteorb. The pointers that I really have is to stack meteors for the 2nd/3rd wave. If you do it right, the waves should take massive damage as soon as they spawn and then you finish up with fireball. Venter+Lister I FO at first, followed by a close tele to static and then back off to let merc tank while I FO. For Baal, I just Static and then Fball until hes dead

Yes, I do them exact same way, in exception that I start spawning firebals for wawe 2 when first wawe hasn`t appeared yet :evil:.
Only thing that bothers me is my timing, wich is a bit long, not to say embarassing for sorc :rolleyes:, and the fact that I cannot P8 at all minions (at least to kill them fast enough).

firelights said:
Just a quick question/ clarifications- all runs do not have to be done by the same charachter, correct?

and if so, is it too late to add another charachter to the list that will do my rushing?

Nope, you can add chars to the list as often as you like :wink3:

After spending lvl 89's points into Strength, I'm now officially running Baal with 581% MF. If only I could bother to remove some life charms and add more strength, then I'd be running with 591% instead.

Psycho, nice numbers there. Just a small pointer, 581mf compared to 591mf is practically equal when it comes to drops. Unless it is some spiritual thing... 😁

Oh yeah, I know there's no difference. But I'm thinking about marching over 600% just for bragging rights 😄 If I had enough Strength to equip my War Travellers instead of my Magic MF boots, I'd hit 600% without a worry. Here's the list of what I'm wearing:

Harlequin Crest (Socketed with Topaz) - 74%
Gull Dagger - 100%
Wealth Armour - 100%
Rhyme Shield - 25%
Chance Guards - 40% (gambled these, haha)
Goldwrap - 30%
Cobalt Light Plated Boots of Luck - 34%
Nagelring - 29%
Fortuitous Ring of Strength - 12%
Jade Amulet of Luck - 34%
Gheed's Fortune - 40%
Other charms - 63%

*counts again to make sure because it's getting late*

Yep, 581%.

Got Atil to 90. Seems relatively safe as a runner. Tvashtar hit ** last night with dune/stephen's (non-Baalathon) help. I'm hoping the moron will start to stand up more.

Both light sorceresses have rubbish drops but I'm only in for the xp so that's a relief. :rolleyes:

Finally got a Blizzballer to Hell Baal. Had to make a new specific build for running him, because the Trapper, Light sorc and the pvp sorc weren't performing as well as I hoped. Took 3 days to get her from level 1 to 83. Now I just need to get her merc to the same level, to get the last piece of equipment he needs, Andraiel's. Then I think I'll be good to start doing some serious Baal runs.

Also, just remembered a little toon I used to play with a while back. Might try a few runs with him at some point. Especially if I care to make a Delirium for his merc, now that I have a couple of Ists lying around.

All right. Came up with a pretty ok set-up for the Blizzballer. Now I just need to roll a proper map, and start some serious running. Might be that I'll swap on Death's Fathom at some point, if I want more damage instead of MF. That'll be 50% less MF then.

I'll have to take a break from this tourney - going to holiday trip with friends. Luckily I already got 200 runs so I think I will be able get that 500 when I come back.

Good luck to all runners! 👍

Got some runs done. Got one of those 'wish it was the other one' drops.

Finally got something useful from Baal. Yay!

@Naab: Are you running all the minions on p8?

I hoped to be to 300 before the weekend but as always, RL sneaks in more than I planned it to. Still I should manage another 35 tonight.

65'ish runs done, maybe 10 or so qualifiers, which is kinda amazing with just 50 mf or so. p4/p4 waves and baal. I cba updating the table, I'll just slam in my records when I'm done =p Might have to swap over to my freshly 85 meteorber soon though, the run time with the zon is unbearably long.

Just updating the table...
I will try to do another hundred runs this weekend, but that seems a bit optimistic with all the other stuff that has to be done.

Despite yet another death (credits go to the ghoul lords which totally covered the area with fire, allowing a single doll to sneak in unnoticed and take out my poor amped zon), she finally hit clvl96. Additional runs were needed for the merc to catch up, thus I'm now at 152.

Item-wise, I have found one grailer yesterday and deserved a "you don't have this yet :rolleyes:" comment from Hrus. Well, I do now 😁 I also got a rare Aegis from Baal 😠 Aside from this, I had multiple rare gloves drops, some of them quite decent.

Now, it's my Blizzballer's turn. Off she goes..

Got another 75 runs done, bringing me up to 150. I scored 1 qualifier from this last set, and it was worth a wopping 1 point... I leveled to 93 and got my average run time down to 4:30. It would be lower but I swear Lister is bugged and spawns mana burn 90% of the time, which is the biggest pain that I encounter in my runs. Had a couple NDEs when charging to the throne and got stuck by a bunch of those flayers with gloams around. Couple juvies and I got through it. Rearranged my gear and mercs for better survival and more mf though the mf didn't pay off.

Ranking Day 10

1. RibGriller

Bit of a one horse race at the moment.

Got disappointed with the performance of my blizzballer (runs 153-200), cut the MF from 593 to 499 for sake of damage, and did ten more runs at /p3 waves&Baal. I will probably proceed at 1-3-1 from now on, since Baal takes too long to my taste. Yes, and I've found crap, esp. in the rare department :sad2:

26 runs completed and some painful rare drops (including a Legendary Mallet in the Throne Room and a Champion Axe from Baal himself). Nothing more special to report, although I did find a Cold Rainbow Facet Jewel from Baal a while back and I discovered you can't sell a Gheed's Fortune in the trade window and have it show up.

Improved my sorc's time a little with a better map. Picked up an Atma's scarab as the best piece of jewelry so far.

Little update. I almost didn't want to write my very slow run time in public 😊, but what. To my defence, I mostly kill some monsters on my way and carefully check everything what they drop and also I somehow don't like to hurry too much. Still I quite enjoy running baal 😃.

Small update. My run count is now on 70! Yuppie! I'm now having serious doubts about being able to finish 500 runs...

I'm being running the minions at p1 and Baal at p3 and I have notice one weird thing: my merc is using insight/andy's for minions and kelpie/blackhorns for Baal, whick makes him a little puppie but sometimes he manages to pull out some of his spells especialy his mana burn "inferno". But I notice that it doesn't do nothing! Usually it simply burn away my mana bouble almost instantly!
And when he pull out his frost wave or flame nova, they simple pass through me without doing any damage/knockback/chill (i'm not using "cannot be frozen" items)... Has someone notice this too?!

@Atli: Where do we send the updates? PM?! E-mail?! Thx

Raskah said:
my merc is using insight/andy's for minions and kelpie/blackhorns for Baal, whick makes him a little puppie but sometimes he manages to pull out some of his spells especialy his mana burn "inferno". But I notice that it doesn't do nothing! Usually it simply burn away my mana bouble almost instantly!
And when he pull out his frost wave or flame nova, they simple pass through me without doing any damage/knockback/chill (i'm not using "cannot be frozen" items)... Has someone notice this too?!

Sure we did 😃 On the related matter, I think you can save some trouble (and space) with switching the masks - the 75% slow from Kelpie is enough to keep Baal pacified, no need for Blackhorn's :wink3:

100 runs now, 12 qualifiers. I'll have to do some more runs per day if I want to finish all 500 runs. I've been both a little lazy and a little busy.

I wish to formally withdraw from the competition. I've completed a whopping 25 runs, found three qualifiers, and have an accumulated score of a little under 200. Real life has presented some issues that prevent me from spending the amount of time I'd like to playing games. However, I have learned something from the few runs I did. Baal takes forever to kill at P3. Holy crapstick.

Raskah said:
@Atli: Where do we send the updates? PM?! E-mail?! Thx

Copy of Post #81, Page 9:

Atil said:
For those wishing to do so, please send updates to me via PM, or e-mail sigonandgwinni(at)btinternet(dot)com

(Adapted from the MFO roolz):
Things to include in your e-mail:
-title should contain Baalathon
-Your forum name
-Your top 5 items

Example:

Title: SPF - Baalathon update
Forum name: jjscud

Firelizard's Talons 5
Eaglehorn 5.4
Eaglehorn 5.4 (example of duplicate find)
Total 15.8

I will endeavour to post rankings on Sundays and Wednesdays.

Good luck to you all 👍

You just have to like a public holiday! 60 odd runs in one day is a good thing. I stopped at run number 141 as that is the number of levels I needed for level 94 which is heading the way I wanted for this character, level 95 if I can do it!

Naab said:
Did some runs,didnt find anything good from baalnfriends,but these dropped on the way to there....

Shadow Dancer
Myrmidon Greaves
Defense: 128
Durability: 20 of 24
Required Strength: 166
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x3f6ca11a
+21 to Dexterity
+79% Enhanced Defense
Requirements -20%
30% Faster Run/Walk
30% Faster Hit Recovery

I feel your pain Naab. I got this while fighting a group trying to follow me into the wave area. Score-wise they're not as good as Shadow dancers, but they still would've been a nice boost if I could add it to my score. :cry:

Natalya's Mark
Scissors Suwayyah
One-Hand Damage: 120 to 153
Durability: 36 of 68
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 118
Required Strength: 118
Required Level: 79
Claw Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x260e10a4
+200% Enhanced Damage
Adds 12-17 fire damage
+50 cold damage over 4 seconds
40% Increased Attack Speed
Ignore Target Defense
200% Damage to Demons
200% Damage to Undead

And I seem to get alot more facets from Baal than anywhere else...

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x4dde2289
+36 poison damage over 2 seconds
100% Chance to cast Level 51 Poison Nova When You Die
+3% to Poison Skill Damage
-5% to Enemy Poison Resistance

Well I'm off the mark, but no finds yet. I found a Fleshripper on the way down, but I have nothing to count so far.

I'm mainly running to level my character. He started at lvl82 and was struggling, but has now made 85 and things are going much better.

My merc setup is Holy Freeze with Tal's Mask, Reapers & Treachery. The merc is mostly surviving the Hydras but sometimes gets clobbered by Lister. I am at P3 for Lister & Baal, that helps at the moment. Hopefully I will be able to up the settings as the merc gets closer to lvl 90. Every time he levels at the moment there seems to be a big improvement in his durability.

notable finds this weekend are:

plain fletcher's gc,
96,38,11 gheeds,
3 3 fire level up facet,
lem rune from ventars pack,
the rising sun ammy from wsk2 with slvl17 meteor (my highest yet),

total of 18 qualifiers now out of 151 sets/uniques with 6 kept rares

the most numerous item so far is cleglaw's tooth with 4.

my average time is about 11 mins per run but it depends a lot on what spawns in the wsk. sometimes it is full of poison immunes and i just run past and kill very little and the run takes about 8 mins. sometimes there are 4 or 5 boss packs that i am compelled to despatch and the run takes perhaps 14 mins or so then.
then there are the times i forget to change the players setting before facing baal and at players 8 he takes a little longer :)

if i run at players 1 the whole way i can do it in less than 5 mins but i get almost no exp for that. i might do that at the last minute to get nearer to 500 runs.

i re-rolled my map because i needed a change of scenery. the new map is faster to get to baal but has fewer boss packs to kill. my average time is probably about 1 minute faster now.

Funny, that's where I stopped last night too.

Still moving along well, though my finds are impressively unlucky. oh well, I'm not done yet.

Few more runs. Runs are getting more and more routine-like. Decided on the formula of WSK + throne at p1, p8 for minions, except for 2nd wave, and p3 for Baal, obviously. I have 2 reasons for switching to p1 for 2nd wave. Firstly, the Bone Mages are CI. I can kill them with Fireball + merc, but if they really start running around, and spreading theirselves all over the throne, it's really slow killing them all. Also the Mummies refuse to move hardly at all, so Blizz isn't very effective against them.

Just got a 170% ED WWS today, a not very good Gheed's, and a ilvl 99 GC.. no qualifiers :sad2:

San said:
Decided on the formula of WSK + throne at p1, p8 for minions, except for 2nd wave, and p3 for Baal, obviously.

P1 is already assumed for wsk + throne room. :wink3: For you it would be like p8/p1/p8/p3. It's still a little confusing though. :laugh:

One should not be running when :yawn: After sleeping mere 4 hours yesterday, I came home tired, but wanted to push a bit further notheless. My hand was a bit slower when switching skills, and soon I ended up teleporting right in the middle of Ventar's pack :lipsrsealed: Then laziness prevailed, and I risked teleporting through WSK2 naked..

..and got toasted by Black Souls just across the entrance bridge. On the second attemp, I "succeeded" to lure 3 of them to the WP, so that it got flawlessly surrounded. I had just lost the last piece of experience (from about 4/5 towards clvl92), when I eventually breached the blockade - they couldn't hit me through all those corpses anymore :laugh:

After finally getting the original one, I received most of the exp back, but it's still a major loss for today. I better finished this session doing mere 15 runs before I fall asleep here. Got one pair of rare gloves of arguable value for the effort :rolleyes:

Havent had much time recently to run due to serious buziness in school,but ill try to do the 500 before the deadline.

There, all done.

I updated my average time to 2:55. I've averaged 2:40 over 5+ straight runs but most the time I'm not concentrating that closely so my runs are a little bit slower.

As for this set, I found 74 qualifiers total but my total score was quite impressive, I'll be surprised if anyone scores LESS that I did.

52 runs. Whew. Made a personal record in Baal running, 3:24. Quite a few qualifiers, but nothing really shocking. But the score is getting better quite steadily. Got a Cat's Eye and a -4/+3 cold facet too.

33 runs completed altogether now with another Grail item appearing yesterday, bringing my grand total to two.

Up to 150 runs. No grailers yet. Disappointing drops overall, but one good item...

200 to go.

RibGriller said:

If no one has any objections, I'd like to make an amendment to the MP rule concerning rule 9a. It's apparent that the MPers in this tourney wanna be able to MP with others outside this tourney cause it's very hard to get a game going with anyone. It's 10x harder to get a game going only with people in this tourney.

Since tourneys are based on trust, this amendment shouldn't be a problem:

9b) If you host an MP game with others not participating in this tourney, you cannot pick up extra minion drops. (Host normally takes all the minion drops, and rotates the Baal drops with the other players.) You can rotate the minion drops, or whatever system you can think of, as long as you don't get any extras.

9c) If you join an MP game with a non-participating host, then you probably will lose out on the minion drops. If you grab a Baal drop, but the host grabbed the minion drops, that is still +1 to your run count!

Hopefully, this will take the shackles off the MPers here without being unfair to the solo runners. And, everyone that I've seen MPing in the Baalathon so far has the ability to host, so rule 9c shouldn't be a big problem for us.

Any comments or questions?

Apologies to everybody. But I am dropping out of this Baalathon.

Sorry to hear that Asmo, could I ask why?

I did only 15 runs during the weekend, which leaves me at 265 runs total for the moment. At least, I have finally reached clvl92 with my Blizzballer :rolleyes: Stat-points went into vitality, and skill-point into CM :wink3:

I'm reasonably satisfied with her performance at 1-3-3 runs. The merc still takes too much damage from elemental attacks, namely from OKs and wave2 skeleton mages. I'm seriously considering switching Andy's for Kira's, also because I don't like him being chilled and slow - I'm taking hits instead of him, which doesn't go well with Occy's random teleport..

And of course the items.. :evil: she's just unlucky, most EUs are <5pts ones, and there were no decent rares lately. The only good find was 9%PR/+18 life SC.

No super awesome drops, but both my chars are <50 runs away from lvl 96. I improved my times a little more with the Zealot with some equip upgrades, and a slightly better map. I'm sure I can lop off another 5 seconds with the best map possible.

I don't pick up every rare, but the ones I did check I sold off. 👅

I'm afraid I have to drop out as well due to a hectic work schedule. Simply don't have the time to go beyond 100 runs. I wasn't originally supposed to work the coming 2 weeks, but now I'm on the call duty for one and working extra on the other, rendering me unable to play. :( Sorry for the already scarse HC crowd.

I am also dropping out. I tidied my desk and binned the bit of paper with my run count on it. This is why I never tidy.

Good luck to the remaining competitors!

Finally reached lvl 95. Also I found one nice item as regards score (well I'm mostly lame in MFO and similar actions, so of course nothing impressive 😁). And one grailer:

Pluckeye
Short Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 2 to 8
Required Dexterity: 15
Required Level: 7
Bow Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xd3cdc3fe
+10 to Life
+100% Enhanced Damage
+28 to Attack Rating
3% Mana stolen per hit
+2 to Light Radius
+2 to Mana After Each Kill

...well and now I'm waiting for that DF, come come 😃.

Of course this has to drop the day after I finish my runs. 👅

Mang Song's Lesson
Archon Staff
Two-Hand Damage: 83 to 99
Durability: 24 of 26
Required Strength: 34
Required Level: 82
Staff Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xc7b54145
Regenerate Mana 10%
30% Faster Cast Rate
150% Damage to Undead
+5 to All Skill Levels
-13% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-11% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
-10% to Enemy Cold Resistance

Hehe nice,Baal is quite good for rare tc3s, got a selffound grailer blinkbats form from him a few days ago.

Unfortunately I am also dropping out. I just reached the point where playing started to feel like a chore and I was starting to look for ways to avoid playing this. That is probably the best warning sign for a burnout in a game like this. Ended up with 30 qualifiers, the best being two Tomb Reavers (2&3 Os), Spirit Ward and a Steel Carapace.

Good luck for the rest of you!

Too bad about all the drop outs :cry:
But I know how you felt Low Key, I started feeling like the runs are something I *have* to do, rather then something I enjoy doing. But luckily my fresh patted mauler turned out as a nice refreshment to the tedious baal runs with the trapper. Not the fastest runner out there, but dols and IM are keeping me on the edge of the seat every run :laugh:

Updating the run count and entering new character:

52 runs, yesterday and tonight. Got a couple new highest scorers.

worthy finds for this update..

2 X ilvl 99 gc's,
ethereal cryptic axe,
2 X el runes (its been a slow weekend)

total so far... 36 qualifiers from 243 set / uniques with 6 kept rares

the most numerous item is now sigons sabot with 6

run 174 viperidae reached clvl95.

in order to complete more runs i have started leaving the setting at players 3.

I'm not quitting but I'll probably not get close to 100 runs. I've done approximately 40 now and my best run recently was one that netted a set of Gimmershred's and a Steel Shade all from the one drop.

Well, I also was thinking on quiting but I second thought it... No way I gonna manage 500 runs, more 150 - 200 at this rate. Anyway haven't been great, some grailers, nothing especial, except my first Skuldders and Homunculus!! :jig:

Code:
Skullder's Ire
Russet Armor
Defense: 717
Durability: 90 of 90
Required Strength: 97
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0xb4d59e80
+194% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 10
+60 Maximum Durability
24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+1 to All Skill Levels
1% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based on Character Level)
Repairs 1 durability in 5 seconds
Socketed (1: 1 used)

Homunculus
Hierophant Trophy
Defense: 183
Chance to Block:  72%
Smite Damage: 0 to 0
Durability: 11 of 20
(Necromancer Only)
Required Strength: 58
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xb0cd1277
+20 to Energy
+159% Enhanced Defense
+40% Increased Chance of Blocking
Regenerate Mana 33%
All Resistances +40
+2 to Necromancer Skill Levels
30% Faster Block Rate
+5 to Mana After Each Kill
+2 to Curses (Necromancer Only)

But hey who knows, maybe a Tyrael Might drop and I blow all the competition... 😁

42 runs. Non-qualifiers, Guardian Angel, Jalal's Mane, Vampire's Gaze, Moser's Blessed Circle, eth Rattlecage and a 7% MF SC. None interesting rares dropped :undecided:

Haven`t got much time to play these days, so I`ll be happy if I do 250 runs total.
No significant finds yet (ones to make my score much higher :rolleyes: ).
But I`ve managed to shorten time of runs. it was around 3:30 when the throne was empty, and round 5:30 when there was two bosspacks of blood lords.
I did 150 SP, and 10 MP runs.

Got to halfway and to lvl 95! Maxed synergies, yay! 😁
I really hope to find something good from the last half of the runs :rolleyes:
I have only kept one rare item so far so that tells about the quality of drops.

Ranking Day 21

1. RibGriller

Still the only person to have provided updates, so the ranking is probably a bit one sided.

Yay, I will be the winner! :cool:

Finally done,got from lvl 92 to 96 with the runs.Finds were surprisingly good in SU category,not much like that in rares...

Sigh... Nothing extraordinary yet, neither in SU nor rare category. Found 2 very useful exceptional uniques during last 65 runs so I should not complain...
Lister decided to spawn LI 4 times in a row just to irritate me :rant:

@Thyiad: that's a really weak excuse for dropping out 😁 I'm just counting the runs in my head, and sometimes I'm not sure on the exact number, esp. if I die or get otherwise distracted :embarassed:

Callador said:
Lister decided to spawn LI 4 times in a row just to irritate me :rant:

Too bad you can't static him to half and then pin down with TK like the cold/fire builds with "their" Lister. With my latest lightsorc, I use 1pt in Frost Nova to at least keep him chilled :wink3:

I made ten runs today rounding up to 300. The very first one brought me this:

Entrapping Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xd09d68e7
+1 to Trap Skills (Assassin Only)

and the next one this.

Well I have been trying to catch up this week and I managed to get to 110 runs tonight. I am still having a tough time getting used to the runs. I want to be cautious because I'm doing them without about 1122 life. I have been doing my runs on p1/p8/p3 but the run times have been poor. I'm trying to make myself run on players 1 for awhile but I cant make myself do it. Every time I try to do players 1, I end up going players 1/8/3 because Im an experience whore. Sometimes I forget to change my player settings before baal and I end up having to kill a players8 baal. Doh! No rares worth keeping but I have managed to collect about 10 qualifiers. I will try my best to get as close to 500 as possible.

PS. My sorc turned lvl 94 on run #76 and baal rewarded me on run #100 with a Carrion Wind ring...a grailer for me.

I've managed to do 100 runs during the weekend despite spending most of the Saturday playing volleyball. This means that another hundred awaits me during the last week of Baalathon. My Blizzballer reached clvl93, which is IIRC the highest level I ever had with a sorceress :cool:

I've found the third instance of my highest score item, but the ilvl85 shows that it dropped from regular monster rather than Bartuc's guys which were chasing me all over the place :rolleyes:

Moreover, I've also found another instance of my second in line. No doubts this time, because Baal himself is responsible for the drop.

There were also a few grrrrrr moments, namely this and this 😠

Ugla said:
I've found the third instance of my highest score item, but the ilvl85 shows that it dropped from regular monster rather than Bartuc's guys which were chasing me all over the place :rolleyes:
It can be from one of the skeletons from 2nd wave too, no?

It was lying in the rear of the Throne room, and I doubt the skellies got that far during this run. It is more likely that I just overlooked it first.

240 runs total. Reached clvl 91, so decided to try out different player settings. Since I cannot kill em fast enough at p3 (especcially bartuc pack), I only changed to p3 when killing Baal.
35 qualifiers so far, nothing mentionable from uniques.

Double durability Unearthed Wand from baal. GG?

Update. No improvement in score though. Just one interesting thing, these 2 skillers I found during one run on the way to Thorne:

Burning Grand Charm of Inertia
Fingerprint: 0x695047e9
7% Faster Run/Walk
+1 to Fire Skills (Sorceress Only)

Graverobber's Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x882ad4b4
+1 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only)

Hm, it will be hard to finish it, unfortunately now I have quite busy schedule.

Well, I must bring this up despite the fact it has been only 15 runs since my last update. I found some mediocre qualifiers and a few decent rares, but then I spoted a golden ammy lying on the ground. IIRC, it dropped from a single stray monster that wandered inside the Throne as I was already fighting the first wave. And here it is:

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0xf4d12a96
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
All Resistances +30 :shocked:
+2 to All Skill Levels

Not much to add. Good night everybody! :cloud9:

59 runs tonight. I hope I'll manage to get at least 400 runs done. Got only tomorrow and wednesday for running. Won't be home from thurdsday till monday..

worthy finds this update:

eth thresher.
2 X ilvl 99 gc's.
Superior Military Pick
One-Hand Damage: 8 to 12
Durability: 17 of 26
Required Dexterity: 33
Required Strength: 49
Axe Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x7c4c8fbb
+15% Enhanced Damage <----been after one of these for about 2 years :D
Socketed (6: 0 used) <----time to go through my jewel collection :D

total so far:.. 43 qualifiers from 296 sets / uniques with 6 kept rares

cathan's seal is now tied with sigons sabot as most numerous item, both have 8. i have completed 5 sets.

not sure how many more i will manage now, have a busy weekend coming up. hoping for 300 though. dune

70 runs this time, and I'll probably continue after eating some lunch, but thought I'd make an update before I forget stuff I've found.

2*ilvl 99 GC
Sounding GC of Life +18
War Travellers +50% MF (an improvement of 2% to my earlier 48% pair 👅)
1 Grailer 👍

Also, I've been able to bring the average time further down again. And made a new record time, 3:21. But that was mainly due to 2 lucky things. The throne room was practically empty (only 2 Assailants) and Baal was in a position in which he took damage from Blizz at a very good rate.

San said:
Also, I've been able to bring the average time further down again. And made a new record time, 3:21. But that was mainly due to 2 lucky things. The throne room was practically empty (only 2 Assailants) and Baal was in a position in which he took damage from Blizz at a very good rate.

This position-dependence makes me hate Blizzard (the skill) despite its otherwise decent damage. It's the same with wave2, when one of the mummies spawns on the stairs, and thus takes about 1/3 damage compared to the others. And we can only thank the devils that there are no ranged FIs inside the Throne that would seek shelter at the pillars.

My Throne spawns are mostly good, but on rare occasions I find the room infested from one end to the other. Fortunately I'm playing balanced Blizzball, and static/FB makes a short work of any CIs. I use LR wand against larger groups and sometimes even against individual monsters, esp. Dark Lords. My run-time at 1-3-3 is a bit longer (~4:30), mostly due to ID-ing and selling all the yellow crap :rolleyes:

But the time has come to change the runner once again. I have only 40 runs left and want to give my bonemancer a chance to prove himself 😁 And btw, nothing amazing to speak of since my last update.

..I could finally make that CtA, now that I won't be using LR switch anymore :scratch: But as far as I know myself, I'll end up using some dagger to cut down those pesky mummies who have not succumbed to CE :laugh:

Ranking Day 27

Completed updates received from Naab and RibGriller, so I won't give the ranking for those.

Other than that, nothing to report.

Ugla said:
This position-dependence makes me hate Blizzard (the skill) despite its otherwise decent damage. It's the same with wave2, when one of the mummies spawns on the stairs, and thus takes about 1/3 damage compared to the others.

Yeah, I hear ya. That's partially why I don't take on the 2nd wave at p8. Meteor could be pretty good against the mummies, but that would cost valuable skill points on a dual-tree sorc.

Atil said:
Ranking Day 27

Completed updates received from Naab and RibGriller, so I won't give the ranking for those.

Other than that, nothing to report.

Atleast tell us if it's close:grin:?

Got up to 250 runs and level 94. I scored a bunch of qualifiers but only managed to improve my score a little bit. I switched gear around again, dropping from the 125 bp to 75 and adding about 70 more mf. I won't get to 500 but I will get as close as I can. I had 1 major NDE when Conviction Bremm was FE and blew up in my face. Got out of that with about 50 life left.

I'm still stuck at 13 runs, so I'm officially wussing out.

Well I have completed 200 runs so far and it pains me to think that I'm not even half way done! Run times are improving and I think it's because Im getting a routine down. I found this pretty little ammy in the WSK lvl1:

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x77139e03
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
All Resistances +27
+2 to All Skill Levels

I also found a qualifier that I thought was amazing and was going to be my new top item until I looked up its value :shocked:. I am shocked it is worth so little. I will continue running for 500 but I have a feeling I may run out of time. After I hit level 95 I will run p1/p3 which will hopefully improve my run times even more.

I'm done. My bone-necro apprentice, Randalf, completed the last 40 runs today, ending at clvl88. He did 30 /p1 runs, eight 1-3-1 runs, and two 1-3-3 runs (once by accident, and once on purpose - the very last run). Baal is not managable at decent time at /p3 with Bone Spear, and I have mere 13 points in Bone Spirit so far.

After finding out that CE is strong enough to handle wave2 up to /p3, I opted for MF switch (Alibaba/Rhyme) over a backup weapon. Act2 might merc equipped with Tombreaver is quick to dispose of any MI revivers which don't have enough corpses around them. He also excels in 1-hit killing himself upon IM :rolleyes:

I got fried twice by Conviction Souls - just impossible to avoid the second volley without CBF. The second case resulted in severe WP siege; sounds familiar? :laugh: To make matters worse, I have found out that I could not equip Alibaba in-game due to low dexterity - well, I've done that in ATMA during the next mule-off :lipsrsealed: I spent some of the remaining stat-points in vita, and continued without any further slip-ups.

The best today's find was a perfect fire facet:

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0xfa2f432f
Adds 17-45 fire damage
100% Chance to cast Level 29 Blaze When You Level Up
+5% to Fire Skill Damage
-5% to Enemy Fire Resistance

And though I've found my highest score item today, I'm kinda angry about that - details later (hint: watch the table). I will send the results tomorrow after sorting out the rares.

Well I have terrible news. Last night this happened due to stupidity and impatience on my part. Thats right, my lvl 94 Blizz sorc, TonicII, has seen her last Baal run.:cry: She would have turned lvl 95 on that run. I was so ready to have a lvl 95 char that I teleported into the throne room and let loose a mighty blizzard on a group of dolls. I have been playing hc long enough that I should have known better. She was wearing Shako, Maras 24%, Vipermagi, T-Gods, SS, Treks, Magefists, Ravenfrost, Dwarfstar and Wizzspike. She also lost some decent mana and life gc's and a 35mf Gheeds.(Nothing that cant be replaced). Im not really that upset about the items lost. I'm more upset about not being able to get closer to 500 runs. It's simply not fair for those that actually finished their runs to only be able to choose an item from my mere 225 runs. Sorry to those that have finished or are close to finishing. I'm also really upset because I was planning on retiring her to only pindle and ancient tunnels after this tourny. She was a great char and found many nice items like Griffons and a Lo rune. I may try to complete 250 runs total but my fishy zon is just too slow.

Anyway, now I need to decide what my next char will be. Any suggestions? Now that I have a Griffons I was thinking maybe a Pure Lightning Zon or a CL/FO sorc. What do yall think? Too mana intensive for Vanilla?

Ouch man, that's horrible :sad:

Gambits, sorry bout your loss :sad2:

Hm. Gone up to 283 runs. Doubt that i could make it to 500, so decided to do 333 runs, half number of runs I did at MFO 😁. Hope that I`ll made to that number. To bad that we don`t have another week for runs :rolleyes:.
Managed to found Vex rune in MP game with Deaddave & Scott (dropped by a random monster while we walked to the throne), and this is my greatest prize from this Baalathon :jig:
In my last run I found one 99 GC.
Also switchet to P3 for all waves and Baal.

@Gambits: it seemed to me that the last line in the screenshot says something different than I'm used to, i.e. "You have lost experience" :shocked:

Sorry for your loss, I could probaly not bear loosing all the top charms on my MF chars which took me so long to collect.. I'd certainly go with a lightning javazon as a new runner, but that's just me :rolleyes:

Now for the latest issue:
I wanted to send in the results, but have noticed that RibGriller (and also Neksja) are banned. What's happened? Should we send our results to Atil instead? :undecided:

Got to 400 runs - lvl 96 is getting nearer. Finally found one great item that also boosted my score a lot 😁
Now I'll have to reach for the final stretch and get those final 100 runs...

@Gambits: Aw man, that's gotta be tough :undecided:

@Ugla: They should be back in a day or two so don't worry

Ugla said:
I wanted to send in the results, but have noticed that RibGriller (and also Neksja) are banned. What's happened? Should we send our results to Atil instead? :undecided:

I think these are temporary bans for incorrect use of Trade Tags. I suggest sending final results to RibGriller.

Update. 307 runs done. Only improvement is one very unuseful item but at least some more points for it. And funny thing, in two consecutive runs I found both set TC 3 caps 😃:

Sander's Paragon
Cap
Defense: 100
Durability: 10 of 12
Required Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0xde7da9c6
Attacker Takes Damage of 8
35% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+95 to Defense (Based on Character Level)

Infernal Cranium
Cap
Defense: 195
Durability: 8 of 12
Required Level: 5
Fingerprint: 0xf6c92744
All Resistances +10
20% Damage Taken Goes to Mana

***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
+190 to Defense (Based on Character Level)

And also finally some HRs - Fal 😁.

50 runs left - my score improved with another nice find - nothing uber though.
I think I would already be at 96 if it weren't for some stupid deaths... :undecided:

Okay, achieved my goal: 333 runz :azn:
Don`t think that I`ll have the time to do some more runz, but I might just to reach clvl 92.
At the end I`ve come to conclusion that I do runz faster if I put all on P1, and Baal on P3, and I need bout 5 minutes for run.
Guess Meteorb is not ideal for Baaling, but since I havent got better char for that, shes fine.
I collected 50 qualifiers and 39 rares, from wich I`m not quite sure which is worth keeping :scratch:.

Someone metioned stupid deaths? I bet that I died bout 30 times in all this runs :embarassed:

My 500 runs are finally completed. I'll sort out my finds and send my results later. I'm pretty pleased to my finds, but they could have been better (as always :evil:)
Good luck to remaining runners!

buraz said:
Someone metioned stupid deaths? I bet that I died bout 30 times in all this runs :embarassed:

Auch, that's quite much. I think I died about 5 times, of which most happened because of Stygian Dolls - how I hate those little buggers..

EDIT: Results sent to RibGriller

My final update. Yeah, I was even surprised that I made it past 200, mostly because Baal drops suck, and my run times are geriatric.

Results will be sent to RibGiller when he comes back.

I could only make it to 350 runs. Was hoping for more but meh. My score never really improved noticeably from my first 100. My score isn't great but I didn't get deeds, which means that this was a success.

Edit: Was adding up my top 5 and I discovered that although I had 3x as many qualifiers from baal, 4 of my 5 came from the waves. Just thought that was interesting.

Results sent to Ribgriller by pm.
Should we start posting rares?

I managed to do only 325 runs :undecided:. Good thing was that without any death :cool:.

Results sent via PM.

[1.11 SC RWM/RRM] <-- I'm getting into the habbit now. 😁

Ok, I'm back. If my PM box gets full, go ahead and email your ATMA readouts to:

Naab said:
Should we start posting rares?

Sure thing. I personally didn't find one useful rare, so there's nothing to post for me.

@Norcim, JJscud, San, Naab, Psycho: Did you guys wanna protect one of your items?

Yea I only completed 300 runs and my finds were crap mostly no rares worth mentioning at all. it was fun but my regular crappy baal run exp. Did help me get back into D2 a bit so hnx to Rib for the tourney I will email my results and read outs. Oh and I had a total of 27 qualifiers my 2 best no lie a doom bringer and a Shako

Ok I emailed you my results RibGriller.

227 Runs completed with 23 qualifiers.

Well I didn't really have much luck but I will post a few rares simply to be a sport.(Heck, by the sound of it I may win by default in the rare category:grin:)

Rare List:

Code:
Required Level: 56
Fingerprint: 0x711225eb
+1 to Strength
+53 to Life
+86% Enhanced Defense
+1 to Light Radius
24% Faster Hit Recovery

Plague Casque
Tiara
Defense: 50
Durability: 25 of 25
Required Level: 52
Fingerprint: 0x97c39749
+20 to Strength
+8 to Maximum Damage
All Resistances +12

Skull Gyre
Cloudy Sphere
One-Hand Damage: 11 to 29
Durability: 78 of 105
(Sorceress Only)
Orb Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xcd2fc3d7
+13 to Mana
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
Fire Resist +22%
Adds 95-156 fire damage
Replenish Life +5
+2 to Hydra (Sorceress Only)
+2 to Meteor (Sorceress Only)
+2 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)
Level 6 Chain Lightning (17/52 Charges)

Nothing that impressive.

Cant wait to see the results.

Here's my top5 rares (in no particular order):
Code:
Dread Band
Ring
Required Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0xf6078e71
+40 to Life
+120 to Attack Rating
Magic Damage Reduced by 1
Fire Resist +4%
Lightning Resist +19%
Cold Resist +4%
Poison Resist +4%

Grim Claw
Fascia
One-Hand Damage: 23 to 127
Durability: 33 of 64
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 69
Required Strength: 69
Required Level: 38
Claw Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x62d4cf1b
+191% Enhanced Damage
+171 to Attack Rating
+20 to Maximum Damage
Adds 1-3 cold damage over 3 seconds
111% Damage to Demons
+199 to Attack Rating against Demons

Grim Goad
Voulge
Two-Hand Damage: 35 to 123
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Strength: 40
Required Level: 48
Polearm Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x6615e678
+296% Enhanced Damage
+14 to Attack Rating
+1 to Maximum Damage
+21 poison damage over 4 seconds
6% Life stolen per hit
19% Damage to Demons
+36 to Attack Rating against Demons
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

Raven Blow
Maul
Two-Hand Damage: 97 to 146
Durability: 42 of 60
Required Strength: 69
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x252b890e
+226% Enhanced Damage
+164 to Attack Rating
+6 to Maximum Damage
Poison Resist +30%
150% Damage to Undead

Rune Spawn
Francisca
Throw Damage: 71 to 123
One-Hand Damage: 45 to 82
Quantity: 22
Required Dexterity: 80
Required Strength: 25
Axe Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xa92cdb7a
+273% Enhanced Damage
+4 to Minimum Damage
Poison Resist +23%
+7 poison damage over 3 seconds
10% Chance to cast Level 3 Nova on striking
+0 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+16 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)

Nothing major in rares department...

RibGriller said:
@San: you wanna protect one of your items?

Well, yeah. I could hold on to that #1 item 😃

Dread Touch
Ring
Required Level: 74
Fingerprint: 0x7b49eb37
+16 to Maximum Stamina
+108 to Attack Rating
Fire Resist +10%
7% Life stolen per hit
6% Mana stolen per hit
10% Faster Cast Rate

There's the only rare I actually kept. Could be useful for some pvm melee-caster hybrid. So not that useful really :laugh: But seriously, dual leech and gg AR makes it pretty nice in my eyes, though it could use moar resists and life.

My rares selection:
Code:
Bramble Trample
Chain Boots
Defense: 14
Durability: 10 of 16
Kick Damage: 6 to 12
Required Strength: 30
Required Level: 18
Fingerprint: 0xcd967e18
+42% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +40%
Poison Resist +18%
23% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
20% Faster Run/Walk

Stone Harness
Demonhide Sash
Defense: 67
Required Strength: 20
Required Level: 27
Fingerprint: 0xf158c190
+94% Enhanced Defense
Lightning Resist +28%
Cold Resist +20%
Attacker Takes Damage of 4
10% Faster Hit Recovery
Repairs 1 durability in 20 seconds

Viper Finger
Crusader Gauntlets
Defense: 59
Durability: 36 of 54
Required Strength: 151
Required Level: 57
Fingerprint: 0x3a634ee0
+8 to Strength
+18 to Mana
20% Increased Attack Speed
+1 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
+0 to Defense (Based on Character Level)

Those are the only ones worth mentioning, even though they are all far from being good. But they will find their place in the vasts of ATMA stashes :laugh:

Could I protect my #2 item? I think all the others I can provide the same item from my Vanilla stashes if my RCM stuff scares the winners away.

I finished 265 runs. Not one grailer, but very nice experience. Results sent by email to RibGriller.

Some decent rares:

Beast Strap
Heavy Belt
Defense: 12
Durability: 17 of 18
Required Strength: 45
Required Level: 63
Fingerprint: 0x832d08bc
+23 to Strength
+75% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +29%
43% Extra Gold from Monsters
24% Faster Hit Recovery

Bone Nock
Double Bow ---->> worth upgrading???
Two-Hand Damage: 44 to 105
Required Dexterity: 73
Required Strength: 58
Required Level: 50
Bow Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x9823ec43
+305% Enhanced Damage
+73 to Attack Rating
Adds 2-364 lightning damage
Adds 1-4 cold damage over 3 seconds
10% Increased Attack Speed

Gale Needle
Phase Blade
One-Hand Damage: 112 to 127
Required Dexterity: 136
Required Level: 54
Sword Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0x8de005b2
+264% Enhanced Damage
+83 to Attack Rating
Adds 11-45 cold damage over 2 seconds
8% Mana stolen per hit

I wish I had time to finish - it was a bunch of fun, but real life occaisonally gets in the way...

Nah im gonna gamble:p

Here are my rares:
Code:
Shadow Knot
Ring
Required Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0x3f57d64b
+18 to Strength
+37 to Mana
Cold Resist +25%
Poison Resist +10%
35% Extra Gold from Monsters
10% Faster Cast Rate

Viper Collar
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x7e97a318
+1 to Dexterity
All Resistances +18
8% Mana stolen per hit
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+1 to Light Radius
Poison Length Reduced by 75%

Pain Shell
Circlet
Defense: 57
Durability: 17 of 35
Required Level: 30
Fingerprint: 0x3b8d4e4c
+85% Enhanced Defense
+7 to Maximum Damage
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
All Resistances +10
20% Faster Cast Rate
+2 to Passive and Magic Skills (Amazon Only)

Imp Visor
Coronet
Defense: 61
Durability: 24 of 30
Required Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0xc19c11dd
+26 to Strength
+26 to Life
+49% Enhanced Defense
8% Life stolen per hit
+2 to Offensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)

Havoc Collar
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x885efc20
+7 to Strength
Fire Resist +12%
10% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
10% Faster Cast Rate
+2 to Lightning Skills (Sorceress Only)

I only completed about 100 runs in the end, so pretty pathetic really. I got sidetracked by other projects when I managed to level my characters in MP games.

My only find of note was a Wraith Flight, in the unlikely event that the winner wants it I'm not going to protect it.

Well done to everyone who took part, especially those who completed all the runs. Thanks to RibGriller for organising the event.

Okay, sent my results to Rib via email.
Didn`t find to good rare items, but darkoooo picked 5 from 39 which I kept, and I pick 4 from those :rolleyes::

Code:
Brimstone Brow
Coronet
Defense: 71
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Level: 51
Item Level: 95
Fingerprint: 0xf37ee478
+75% Enhanced Defense
+8 to Minimum Damage
All Resistances +13
5% Mana stolen per hit
30% Faster Run/Walk

Carrion Sever
Cleaver
One-Hand Damage: 45 to 108
Durability: 16 of 24
Required Strength: 68
Axe Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xf3a33b5a
+230% Enhanced Damage
+12 to Minimum Damage
Adds 1-340 lightning damage
+1 to Barbarian Skill Levels
10% Chance to cast Level 3 Nova on striking

Cruel Hand
Demonhide Gloves
Defense: 68
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x5cac6136
+14 to Strength
+89% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +17%
+1 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)
12% Chance to cast Level 4 Charged Bolt when struck

Loath Song
Balrog Blade
One-Hand Damage: 56 to 282
Two-Hand Damage: 207 to 444
Durability: 49 of 50
Required Dexterity: 87
Required Strength: 185
Required Level: 53
Sword Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xa5e74d46
+13 to Strength
+277% Enhanced Damage
+115 to Attack Rating
Poison Resist +11%
9% Mana stolen per hit

didnt manage many runs this weekend.

total of 262 runs. this is less than i hoped i'd manage but there it is.

final total:.. 45 qualifiers from 305 sets / uniques with 6 kept rares
although this total includes 5 dangoon's teaching and 4 laying of hands and... well you get the idea :D

cathan's seal was the most numerous item with 9. i have completed 5 sets.

my rather pathetic score has been emailed to RibGriller, i dont need to protect any of them.

the best 5 rares i found are..

Code:
1: Cruel Cowl
Circlet
Defense: 27
Durability: 32 of 35
Fingerprint: 0x200a8839
All Resistances +10
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
Half Freeze Duration

2: Eagle Emblem
Zakarum Shield
Defense: 327
Chance to Block:  52%
Smite Damage: 46 to 46
Durability: 52 of 65
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 142
Required Level: 61
Fingerprint: 0xb6d924d2
+32 to Life
+69% Enhanced Defense
+21% Enhanced Damage
+36 to Attack Rating
+10% Increased Chance of Blocking
All Resistances +12
+1 to Paladin Skill Levels
15% Faster Block Rate

3: Eagle Shell
Circlet
Defense: 20
Durability: 25 of 35
Fingerprint: 0xdd22d3b3
All Resistances +14
Attacker Takes Damage of 2
+1 to Barbarian Skill Levels
30% Faster Run/Walk
20% Faster Cast Rate

4: Shadow Hood
Circlet
Defense: 24
Durability: 96 of 105
Fingerprint: 0xc122c35d
+26 to Strength
+40 to Mana
+9 to Minimum Damage
Fire Resist +58%
Lightning Resist +20%
Cold Resist +20%
Poison Resist +20%
8% Life stolen per hit

5: Soul Crest
Coronet
Defense: 72
Durability: 15 of 30
Fingerprint: 0x6d9e8776
+28 to Strength
+76% Enhanced Defense
+5 to Minimum Damage
All Resistances +10
+1 to Assassin Skill Levels
Poison Length Reduced by 50%

good luck everyone else. thanks for hosting Ribgriller. dune

Ok, I've got most of your scores. Still waiting on 6 more. I'll PM you's guys.

I still haven't got protection requests from everyone, so I'm assuming those people don't need to...

Apparently the long message I typed out before wasn't 10 characters. It seems as though this board's been having a retard attack all afternoon, so here's my post (again) - oh, I'm protecting the Leviathan:

Rune Master
Ettin Axe
One-Hand Damage: 109 to 219
Durability: 12 of 24
Required Dexterity: 45
Required Strength: 145
Required Level: 72
Axe Class - Slow Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x401954ce
+232% Enhanced Damage
+5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Cannot Be Frozen
Socketed (3: 0 used)

Harlequin Crest
Shako
Defense: 112
Durability: 11 of 12
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 62
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x41f93ccf
+2 to Strength
+2 to Energy
+2 to Dexterity
+2 to Vitality
Damage Reduced by 10%
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to All Skill Levels
+1 to Life (Based on Character Level)
+1 to Mana (Based on Character Level)

Tal Rasha's Guardianship
Lacquered Plate
Defense: 839
Durability: 32 of 55
Required Strength: 83
Fingerprint: 0x2f74a78b
+400 Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
Fire Resist +40%
Lightning Resist +40%
Cold Resist +40%
**% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Requirements -60%

Leviathan
Kraken Shell
Defense: 1645
Required Strength: 174
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0xd097fba0
+43 to Strength
+193% Enhanced Defense
+110 Defense
Damage Reduced by 25%
Indestructible

Steel Shade
Armet
Defense: 337
Durability: 14 of 24
Required Strength: 109
Required Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0x8f8779e0
+125% Enhanced Defense
6% Mana stolen per hit
Replenish Life +15
+11 Fire Absorb

My top 5 rares:

Code:
Doom Touch
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x7bd0b548
+17 to Strength
+26 to Attack Rating
+9 to Minimum Damage
Cold Resist +30%
6% Life stolen per hit

Gale Harness
Sash
Defense: 5
Durability: 7 of 12
Fingerprint: 0x1c0b87d5
+19 to Strength
+68% Enhanced Defense
Lightning Resist +28%
Cold Resist +30%
Attacker Takes Damage of 1

Plague Spike
War Fork
Two-Hand Damage: 55 to 137
Durability: 20 of 28
Required Dexterity: 95
Required Strength: 80
Spear Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x5a86363c
+244% Enhanced Damage
+242 to Attack Rating
Fire Resist +23%
7% Life stolen per hit

Heavenly Stone
One-Hand Damage: 21 to 46
Durability: 15 of 20
(Sorceress Only)
Orb Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x39b35659
+98 to Mana
Adds 1-239 lightning damage
Adds 6-20 cold damage over 1 seconds
Replenish Life +3
20% Faster Cast Rate
+2 to Chilling Armor (Sorceress Only)
+1 to Cold Mastery (Sorceress Only)
+2 to Blizzard (Sorceress Only)
Level 9 Charged Bolt (11/63 Charges)

Wraith Cleaver
Legend Sword
One-Hand Damage: 22 to 56
Two-Hand Damage: 50 to 94
Durability: 35 of 44
Required Dexterity: 100
Required Strength: 175
Required Level: 44
Sword Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x17b91c3f
Adds 1-179 lightning damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Level 4 Stun (5/30 Charges)
+0 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+16 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
/[code]

Sorry guys for the delay, but I've been away from D2 in the past two weeks.

I managed to get around 100 runs, but I don't have the results with me right now.

So, Ribgriller, when I get home I'll send you the results.

I didn't got nothing extraordinary (maybe I lost my interest in running Baal because of this...) and in the Rares' departament I don't recall nothing good, but I'll check those too.

See ya. 👋

Here are my rares (or somewhat rares...):

Code:
Loath Song
Ogre Maul
Two-Hand Damage: 324 to 448
Durability: 58 of 60
Required Strength: 225
Mace Class - Slow Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x14db5e58
+321% Enhanced Damage
+73 to Attack Rating
+2 to Maximum Damage
Adds 24-31 fire damage
8% Life stolen per hit
150% Damage to Undead

Stone Collar
Amulet
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x883d3064
+12 to Life
+4 to Maximum Damage
Lightning Resist +8%
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
Level 3 Teleport (4/27 Charges)

Dire Blazer
Sharkskin Boots
Defense: 37
Durability: 12 of 14
Kick Damage: 28 to 50
Required Strength: 47
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x3cd65432
Fire Resist +34%
Poison Resist +6%
18% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
30% Faster Run/Walk
10% Faster Hit Recovery

Doom Track
Chain Boots
Defense: 12
Durability: 12 of 16
Kick Damage: 6 to 12
Required Strength: 30
Required Level: 18
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xfdbee52
+3 to Dexterity
+26 to Maximum Stamina
+29% Enhanced Defense
Lightning Resist +33%
20% Faster Run/Walk
10% Faster Hit Recovery

Havoc Brow
Skull Cap
Defense: 10
Durability: 9 of 18
Required Strength: 15
Fingerprint: 0x7eea5377
+8 to Energy
+5 to Life
Fire Resist +11%

See ya!

I've been ill during the Easter, finally getting better 👍 I already sent the S/U results to RibGriller via PM.

As for the rares, I couldn't decide on the top5. Sometimes, I don't even have a relevant idea of their value - namely of the belts, since I mostly rely on uniques for their special properties :rolleyes: I've gathered 28 rares/blues during Baalathon, out of which these 7 are of comparable value (in no particular order):

Code:
Corpse Buckle
Demonhide Sash
Defense: 33
Fingerprint: 0xbee6157c
+28 to Strength
Lightning Resist +19%
Cold Resist +10%
24% Faster Hit Recovery
14% Chance to cast Level 5 Nova when struck

Fiend Hew
Conquest Sword
One-Hand Damage: 157 to 226
Durability: 90 of 96
Required Dexterity: 112
Required Strength: 142
Required Level: 58
Sword Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x106ade84
+327% Enhanced Damage
+307 to Attack Rating
Adds 1-5 fire damage
Adds 1-30 lightning damage

Imp Finger
Chain Gloves
Defense: 9
Durability: 12 of 16
Fingerprint: 0x7da6101a
+4 to Strength
+11 to Dexterity
+9 to Maximum Stamina
Lightning Resist +24%
Cold Resist +12%
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Imp Hand
Vambraces
Defense: 59
Durability: 15 of 16
Required Strength: 106
Fingerprint: 0xa73c2c31
+11 to Dexterity
Lightning Resist +20%
Cold Resist +26%
+1 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)

Rune Collar
Amulet
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0xb15bc600
+35 to Life
All Resistances +14
+2 to Light Radius
Half Freeze Duration
+2 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)

Rune Gyre
Jewel
Required Level: 16
Fingerprint: 0x4599faad
+7 Defense
Fire Resist +5%
Requirements -15%
+3 to Mana After Each Kill

Storm Grinder
Great Maul
Two-Hand Damage: 149 to 228
Durability: 44 of 60
Required Strength: 99
Required Level: 58
Mace Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x9987ca26
+16 to Strength
+294% Enhanced Damage
+269 to Attack Rating
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels
150% Damage to Undead
5% Chance to cast Level 1 Amplify Damage on striking

Maybe you can help me choose. Since I'm not taking any prizes, I hope it doesn't matter offering seven instead of five :wink3: I will not protect any of them.

Ok, I've got everyone's results except for two players. Since the forums have been slow, we should allow another day or two for people to post up their yellows, and PM me results?

I'm not sure how much time is usually given for people to do this stuff.

Grats to all who managed to do at least a decent amount of runs, I'm still a tad bummed about work failing my schedule totally :(

Nice Barb circlet there dune... :]

I'm sorry for not sending my results, but I did drop out from the tournament two weeks ago due to burn out. I no longer have my items sorted or archived in any way, so I cant provide exact information on my drops. If you want I can still try and find the items from my stashes and provide partial info, if needed.

Ah thanks Low Key, I couldn't keep track of everyone that dropped out. You don't have to send me any readouts if you dropped out. :)

As for the yellows, voters can go ahead and PM me who you think should be first, second, and third.

i have sent my rares vote to RibGriller. i am not certain that everyones's update is here yet due to the forum outages lately, however i will be offline now until next tuesday and didnt want to hold up proceedings.
--
my choices are somewhat subjective and in 1 case based on a single item. ugla might have made the cut but i am not prepared to make the decision as to your top 5 for you :p
--
gambitsreturn, i completely missed your post about your lost sorc. :( thats rough.
--
thats all folks. good luck all. dune

In hindsight, might have been a good idea to actually remove myself from the table. Whoops. 😁

Ya it was pretty sucky, however, I finally got around to making my lightning javazon I have been wanting to make for awhile.

I sent my vote as well. Do I get an "I voted today" sticker?👋

I have a hard time voting for rares the same way I couldn't decide on mines :rolleyes:

I liked Sequana's top three, Dune's circlets (3,4) and Naab's ring (1), and thus vote in this descending order of quantity :laugh:

Same here :azn:
Sent my votes too...

Votes sent.

First two places were clear for me, the third was hard to choose, in the end sin amulet with teleport charges convinced me :laugh:.

I think I got everything, l'll post the winners later tonight. There's still time to vote if you can.

just send my Vote for top 5 rares to Rib.

Not an expert in that field, but since I posted my rares, I gotta vote.

Originally posted by: @RibGriller

First of all, congratulations to everyone on braving the crappy wsk spawns, body retrieval, and some streaky luck. I hope the added danger kept you all from falling asleep at the keyboard. :wink3:

I had alot of fun, and look forward to another Baalathon in the future. But, next time I won't go so easy on you guys. :evil:

Blah blah blah, and here's the results... drum roll please...

#1 Naab - 290.9

1. Griswold's Honor - 94.7
2. Steelrend - 93.9
3. Earth Shifter - 76.8
4. Azurewrath - 14.9
5. Steel Carapace - 10.6

#2 Callador - 144.2

1. Windforce - 76.8 (Protected)
2. Natalya's Mark - 38.7
3. Cerebus' Bite - 10.6
4. Heaven's Light - 9.3
5. Alma Negra - 8.8

#3 Bcoe - 132.5

1. Griswalds Redemption - 97.7
2. Azurewrath - 14.9
3. Boneshade - 7.5
4. Soul Drainer - 6.3
5. Messerschmidts - 6.1

#4 Ugla - 129.7

1. M'avina's True Sight - 39.8
2. Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge - 32.6
3. Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge - 32.6
4. Spirit Keeper - 13.7
5. Halaberd's Reign - 11

#5 Sequana - 122

1. Stormspire - 76.8 (Protected)
2. Ravenlore - 19.5
3. Giant Skull - 10.7
4. Boneshade - 7.5
5. Ondal's Wisdom - 7.5

#6 San - 113.8

1. Stormspire - 76.8 (Protected)
2. Halaberd's Reign - 11
3. Spirit Ward - 10.7
4. Alma Negra - 8.8
5. Blood Raven's Charge - 6.5

#7 Antonio - 105.5

1. Ghostflame - 76.8 (Protected)
2. Alma Negra - 8.8
3. Ondal's Wisdom - 7.5
4. Soul Drainer - 6.3
5. Gut Siphon - 6.1

#8 Norcim - 102.4

1. IKSC - 39.8 (Protected)
2. BK Tribal Guardian - 32.6
3. Spirit Keeper - 13.7
4. Steel Carapace - 10.6
5. Draculs - 5.7

#9 Neksja - 68.1

1. Immortal King's Soul Cage - 39.8
2. Spirit Ward - 10.7
3. Messerschmidt's Reaver - 6.1
4. Gut Siphon - 6.1
5. Warshrike - 5.4

#10 JJscud - 64.8

1. Ravenlore - 19.5
2. Azurewrath - 14.9 (Protected)
3. Boneflame - 11
4. Steel Carapace - 10.6
5. Alma Negra - 8.8

#11 Buraz - 49.1

1. Boneflame - 11.0 (Protected)
2. cerebrus bite - 10.6
3. Cerebrus Bite - 10.6
4. Steel Carapace - 10.6
5. Nosferatus Coil - 6.3

#12 RibGriller - 43.8

1. Azurewrath - 14.9 (Protected)
2. Demonhorn's Edge - 7.6
3. Demonhorn's Edge - 7.6
4. Head Hunter's Glory - 7.4
5. Steel Shade - 6.3

#13 Smilts - 40.7

1. Redeemer - 9.3
2. Redeemer - 9.3
3. Alma Negra - 8.8
4. Steel Shade - 6.3
5. Wolfhowl - 7

#14 Raskah - 37.9

1. Steel Carapace - 10.6
2. Demonhorn's Edge - 7.6
3. Ondal's Wisdom - 7.5 (Protected)
4. Messerschmidt's Reaver - 6.1
5. Messerschmidt's Reaver - 6.1

#15 Dune - 34.8

1. Alma Negra - 8.8
2. Boneshade - 7.5
3. Spike Thorn - 6.3
4. Stone Crusher - 6.1
5. Stone Crusher - 6.1

#16 Gambitsreturn - 31.1

1. BoneShade - 7.5
2. Gut Siphon - 6.1
3. Messerschmidt's Reaver (Eth) - 6.1
4. StoneRaven - 5.8
5. Blackoak Shield - 5.6

#17 Psycho - 23.8

1. Steel Shade - 6.3
2. Leviathan - 6 (Protected)
3. TR Guardianship - 4.5
4. Shako - 3.9
5. Rune Master - 3.1

#18 Maxicek - 4.5

1. Wraith Flight (Protected)

And, for the Rares category

#1 Naab - 14 points
#2 Ugla - 11 points
#3 Dune - 6 points
#4 Raskah - 4 points
#5,6 Sequana and San - 3 points
#7 Buraz - 2 points
#8, 9, 10 Callador, Gambit, Bcoe - 1 point

Scoring for the rares: 3 points for 1st place votes, 2 points for 2nd place votes, and 1 point for 3rd place votes.

Sooo, now it's time for the winners to pick their prizes. Congratulations!

1st Place - picks 4 items from ANY other entrants (max 1 per entrant).
2nd Place - picks 3 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)
3rd place - picks 2 items from ANY other entrants ranked below you (max
1 per entrant)
7) There will be a separate category for the best Rare Items. This category will be completely independent of the S/U category. A winner from the S/U category cannot take a Rare from someone in this category, unless they are a winner in this category as well.

7a) All players will vote for the player with the best set of 5 Rares. Those votes can be PM'd to me at the end of the tourney. And yes, you can vote for yourself if you feel you have the best set.

7b) Rules 1,2,3,6 apply to this category. e.g. 500 runs, you can protect one rare item, etc.

Congrats Naab, very well done. Congrats as well to Callador, Bcoe, Ugla and Dune. Good job.

Congrats everyone!
Now take a rest and get yourselves a beer at the bar. I've heard beer is for free there for Baalathonians:grin:

Congrats Naab! 👍 nice top5.

Whatwhatwhat, I'm not last :jig: but still, didn't make those 500 runs. I'm willing to give every item and I don't want anyone's items. Thanks for hosting. Maybe next time I'm more motivated 😃

Congratulations to Naab, and everyone else who managed to finish their 500 runs. 👍

I'm somewhat disappointed in Baal drops, with the exception of one useless tc87 item everything I got is Mephisto material. Maybe if the runs would have been quicker the drops would be better, but with 8-9 minute runs it's just doesn't pay off. I'm interested if someone else was running a trapper, what were your run times, player settings and tactics?

I could kill first two waves on p5, had to drop wave 3 to p1 because my merc was dieing to hydras, wave 4 was handled on p3 as well, wave 5 on p1, and again p3 for Baal. Since all of my top 5 items are Baal drops, I'm guessing low player settings had some impact on minion's drops(don't recall a single qualifier dropped by minions).

Thanks for the congratulations.I was really surprised how well baal dropped myself too, but im even more surprised how my imo really bad rares won that category:shocked:
Im not going to take any prizes so feel free Callador to start.

Wow, second place! :shocked:
Gongrats, Naab - crazy finds! 👍
And grats for others too, nice finds there!
I myself was very pleased in finding Windforce, I can now make someone else happy (keep an eye out for giveaway ;)

You're making me feel bad now...
I would like have readout's for bcoe's Griswold's Redemption, Sequana's Giant Skull, smilt's Wolfhowl, RibGriller's HHG and if someone did find Veil of Steel, readouts of those too. Or can I ask for items outside top5 altogether?

And thanks to RibGriller for organising this tourney! Awaiting for next Baalathon :rolleyes:

Here's my Griswold's Caddy:

Griswold's Redemption
Caduceus
One-Hand Damage: 125 to 154
Durability: 39 of 70
Required Dexterity: 56
Required Strength: 78
Mace Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xb308f467
+212% Enhanced Damage
Requirements -20%
350% Damage to Undead

+2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)
+10 to Minimum Damage
+20 to Maximum Damage

Socketed (3: 0 used) ----> Sorry!

Its 3os and low-end ED, unfortunately. I'd protect a 4os for sure. It actually dropped from wave 2 on one of my first 75 runs or so. It was all downhill from there...

Overall I'm pretty underwhelmed by the overall quality of drops here. With a couple of thousand runs among us all, there was less of the really elite items than I was expecting. I guess it confirms that Baal-running is ideal for experience but not for item-hunting.

Thanks all.

I had a Mangs drop right after I finished my 500, and a Nats claw dropped just outside the throne room, a Gargoyles dropped in an MP game. If I could get drops like that ~500 runs, I'd be happy. But, yeah I'm mostly in it for the exp. :wink3:

I'd say it's only a good pvm challenge for the wealthy. What else you gonna do with all that stuff you've collected over the years?

@Callador: Gratz, sorry only 2os here. :(

Head Hunter's Glory
Troll Nest
Defense: 583
Chance to Block: 40%
Smite Damage: 24 to 38
Durability: 38 of 74
Required Level: 75
Fingerprint: 0xcc5d6377
+413 Defense
+316 Defense vs. Missile
Fire Resist +26%
Poison Resist +38%
+7 Life after each Kill

Edit: 14 TC87s/5292 runs ==> 2.6 TC87s for every 1k runs.

Big congrats to Naab for owning both the cathegories 👍
Thanks to RibGriller for hosting and everyone else for participating!

I am pleased with my own results, esp. in the jewelry department - that 30%res Mara's alone was well worth the trouble 👅 It is accompanied by two grailers: Saracen's Chance and Wisp projector (17MF/17LA), filling some serious gaps for me.

I have found three BK blades total, one of them outside the competition, thus no need to protect one :wink3: The last grailer for me was Alma Negra - found two of them within Baalathon, sadly both with +1 skills.

There are only very few items left in the S/U department which I desire, a good excuse for some on and off Baal-running. But now, it's time for Three Way Dance IV tournament, which was temporarily pushed aside for sake of Baalathon.

@Antonio: check sequana's posts, she used a trapper as well. I'm also convinced that minions drops are way better on higher ps. Same for the WSK despite what theory might say. True about the TC87, but I can not stay awake running other lvl85 area - well, maybe one doesn't need to..

@Collador: Veil of Steel has fixed mods. I have at least two of them which dropped from Baal some time ago if you are interested:

Veil of Steel
Spired Helm
Defense: 396
Durability: 60 of 60
Required Strength: 192
Required Level: 73
Fingerprint: 0xdc6ce6a6
+15 to Strength
+15 to Vitality
+60% Enhanced Defense
+140 Defense
All Resistances +50
+20 Maximum Durability
-4 to Light Radius

Same for HHG, I can offer a 3OS one from the summer MFO:

Head Hunter's Glory
Troll Nest
Defense: 498
Chance to Block: 40%
Smite Damage: 24 to 38
Durability: 74 of 74
Required Level: 75
Fingerprint: 0xe2f10b0f
+339 Defense
+344 Defense vs. Missile
Fire Resist +25%
Poison Resist +34%
+5 Life after each Kill
Socketed (3: 0 used)

I got only 2OS one from this Baalathon, too 😁

@bcoe: Well it's still a grailer for me so could you please send it to callador85(at)gmail(dot).com 😃

@Ugla: Well if there ain't any trouble about it I would like to have that Veil of Steel, thanks (e-mail addy above) 😃

I would still like to get readouts for sequana's Giant Skull and smilts' Wolfhowl, thanks

well done everyone. i dont want any prizes in the rares section. i am not on my machine atm so dont have access to my stashes, but will be next tuesday. ill check the thread again then.

Congrats to Naab 👍 and to all participants, it was hard work :cool:.

I'm only disappointed that I didn't manage to finish all 500 runs and I got stuck "few" runs before lvl 96, next time it will be better for sure. Interesting how I always hated run Baal and now I enjoy it quite a bit.

Here is Giant skull (sorry for delay, I'm not online during weekends for now):

Giant Skull
Bone Visage
Defense: 397
Durability: 24 of 40
Fingerprint: 0x419175ba
+26 to Strength
+259 Defense
Knockback
10% Chance of Crushing Blow

@Antonio: I ran trapper. It was quite ok, time around 7 minutes (or 7:30, depends on monsters of course), but I don't have the best map (and I was lazy to find better) and I killed some monsters on way also, so it was a bit delaying. I had mostly MF gear, HotO and Rhyme shield, stick with LR charges on switch. Merc was good tank (Obedience, Forti, eth Andariel's Visage) and was able to comfortably kill even LI and non-friendly Lister, all waves /p8, baal /p1. And I didn't die at all 😃.

edit: almost all my qualifiers are from baal, even though I ran waves /p8 and baal only /p1

Congratulations to Naab and all the other entrants.

@Callador: How did you manage to do so well and play PvP so much this week? :shocked:

Congratulations everyone. Very nice drops! And compliments to the winner! I realized that running Baal requires a certain endurance (= boring!!)

My items are for the grab if anyone wants them, except Ondal Wisdow since it's a grail, but I think anyone would want them... :badteeth:

I hope next time i manage to do better...

Cheerz!

I have maybe stupid question, but it bothers me now. The second wave of minions - Achmel and friends - can revive regular monsters like OKs or souls. If such revived OK would drop some qualifier, could it be consider as qualifier from minions? Well I guess that probably nope, but in a way they became minions after reviving.

I'm just curious and I want to be sure 😃.

Yeah, they can. But revived monsters never drop anything. Nor do you gain experience from killing revived monsters.

Revived monsters can't drop any items :neener: At least I hope so.. :hide:
EDIT: pwnt by San before I found the first emoticon

The Griswolds Caddy should be on its way. Enjoy.

San said:
Yeah, they can. But revived monsters never drop anything. Nor do you gain experience from killing revived monsters.

How about unique revived monsters!? I have the idea the Rakashishu (or whatever his name is...) droped items when I killed him a second time, after he was revived by a near Fallen Shaman...

Unique shamans can't resurrect other unique monsters.

Fallen Shamans can resurrect Fallens, and Unique Shaman's can raise regular Fallen Shamen and fallen.

A unique Fallen can not be raised.

That goes for other types of revivers as well.

@Ugla: Veil of Steel received! Thank you for also sending that 3os HHG 👍

@sequana: Thanks! It has 2 sockets so it would be nice 😃

maxicek said:
@Callador: How did you manage to do so well and play PvP so much this week? :shocked:
I finished my Baalathon runs before PvP week began, so no problem there :azn:

@bcoe: Griz Caddy received, thank you!
I believe it's your turn if you want to claim your prize ;)

And about wave 2 reviving dead enemies, I used Nature's Peace to prevent that and it worked wery well
(well sometimes my merc made the kill and wave 2 revived those dead enemied, but that was very rare)

Giant skull sent.

Drystan said:
Unique shamans can't resurrect other unique monsters.

Fallen Shamans can resurrect Fallens, and Unique Shaman's can raise regular Fallen Shamen and fallen.

A unique Fallen can not be raised.

That goes for other types of revivers as well.

Strange... I could swear I saw a unique fallen being raised by a shaman...
How about uniques created by monster shrines?! Can those be raised?! Maybe it was that happen to me...

Finally I came to my cpu after a long weekend.

Nice finds everyone, and congratculations 👍. Thanx to Rib for hosting this, it was so much fun, and I learnd not to fear of Baal anymore 😁

heres the howl readout its not great though
Wolfhowl
Fury Visor
Defense: 339
Durability: 26 of 35
(Barbarian Only)
Required Strength: 129
Required Level: 79
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x6d311530
+14 to Strength
+9 to Dexterity
+11 to Vitality
+125% Enhanced Defense
+4 to Werewolf
+3 to Lycanthropy
+3 to Feral Rage
+2 to Warcry Skills (Barbarian Only)
Level 15 Summon Dire Wolf (4/18 Charge

buraz said:
Nice finds everyone, and congratculations 👍. Thanx to Rib for hosting this, it was so much fun, and I learnd not to fear of Baal anymore 😁

Thanks to you and everyone else for joining. 👍 I'm glad you were able to gain some knowledge from it -- I know I did.

@sequana: Giant Skull received, thank you! 😃

@smilts: So it seems. Thanks for readout though!

@RibGriller: Yeah, this toyrney taught a lot about Baal running to me too. Thanks again for hosting this! 👍

Congratulations to Naab and all the winners!

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High