Baalathon 2 [by Virtue]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @Virtue on Mar 3, 2009.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

Baalthon

On a whim, and with Pindlethon 5 in the voting stages we need something to fill this gap in March.

What could be more gratifying than having a tournament based around finds at a place where you spend your time trying to become a higher level.

Rules
1) Count your Baal Runs! Silospen has a great Run Counter. Stop at 1500!
2) The tournament starts March 6th 2009 and ends on June 6th 2009
3) After you finish 500 runs up to how much you would like, you should post your best 5 items with full readouts. It could be uniques, jewels, runes, rares, magic items, whatever you choose. The voting for winner will be based on these 5 items.
4) The winner is the one who gets the most votes from other participants for the best items (depends on usefulness and rarity), only tourney participants would have completed at least 500 runs can vote.
5) The prize: SPF immortality. Bragging rights. And everyone gets to keep the items you find.
6) Only drops from the 5 waves and Baal count, nothing from WSK or in the throne besides the waves.
7) Only accepted versions are 1.10, 1.11, and 1.12. Once accepted mods are RWM, RRM, CRM (Please state if you are CRM). FE mod is not acceptable, and also drop mods and other. Only legit characters. You can use different characters if you want.
8) You have until 11:59:59 or 23:59:59 on June 8th Forum Time (+1 GMT) to post your finds from at least 500 runs. Voting will start on the 10th of June and will go until the 15th of June with the final tally on the 17th of June.
9a) Voters will name 3 participants, in order of preference. Top participant gets 3 points, next best gets 2 and the third in the list gets 1 point. Points will be added up and the one with the most is the winner. A tie would mean joint winners.
9b) I'm also open to the thought of having another vote for who was the unluckiest in their 500+ runs. Not for shame, but it could be interesting.
11) You are strongly encouraged to post your finds as you go along. The Baalthon doesn't use a scoring system like the MFOs, so there's no telling whether a particular find is going to get someone votes. Posting finds tends to encourage everyone.
12) You can join this tournament at any time during the two month period.
13) Only Baal runs completed by you solo, that excludes any sort of MP including quest bugging Baal. (having a character who hasn't completed the final quest make the game.)
14) Any game your character goes into during your run time, is considered to be a run. If you were to die and leave, that counts as a run. Gloams everywhere? that counts as a run as well even if you leave.

____
Credit to most of the 14 rules from Cygnus' Pindlethon 5.

For those that aren't familiar with updating the scoring/tracking table on their own, nubikoen wrote a very nice guide here. Please read it and give it a try. thanks sirpoopsalot

____

For those looking at this wondering "How is this possible".. I've decided to bring math, yes math into the equation..... This isn't to scare you, though it will.

To reach the goal of 500 runs in a 32 day period (including all the time on the final day) it becomes an average of 16 runs per day. We'll use 5 minutes as the average time, for 500 runs at 5 minutes average each you spend 2500 minutes or 41 hours and 35 minutes..
If you were to run all 1500 runs, you're spending roughly 7500 minutes or 125 Hours (5 and a few days).

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Re: Baalthon

Well, since i'm running Baal anyways, I might as well enter this to get to 99 faster. If a table is made, could someone add me? Thx

I will be running with a infinity lightsorc with ~300 mf

EDIT: You also might want to specify if only solo play is allowed (I will be going solo so it doesn't apply to me anyways)

EDIT 2: Lulz, also 2000 Baal runs in a month is a lot....you might wanna lower that number a bit

EDIT 3: Just to clarify, I do like the idea!

EDIT 4: For editing's sake

EDIT 5: I'm riding a furry tractor

EDIT 6: I give up :lipsrsealed:

Thanks! I completely forgot about that. Adding rule 13 :eek: hopefully that doesn't mean bad luck for everyone.

Edit: Edit war!... I was looking at that and thinking.. I think I'll keep it at 2000 for the spirit of a "thon" and even if you only manage 1000, that's still a big accomplishment...

Edit 2!: I lowered the minimum down to 500 which makes this a little more of not a rush job (aka 20? baals runs a day)

Edit 3!: Changed from 2000 to 1500 to keep the sanity level of SPF to.........

Edit 4: I love lamp.

Edit 5: Table up

Edit 6: Added Goal category

I might join for a change of pace, but 2000 runs?! I don't have 8 hours a day to invest to D2. >_>.

EDIT: That number was based on my horrific HC run time of 7:00, so don't mind it *too much*. Either way, 1500 sounds better. Sort of. :p. Might want to check for consistency in your rules, by the way.

EDIT 2: I like how you labeled him as Lightning (Infinity). :D. If you see this, I'm running with a Hardcore Frozen Orb / Glacial Spike sorceress of unknown MF. *goes to check*

You guys complain too much :p 1500 it is! (the more I looked at 2000, the more my eyes and fingers hurt)

~6 hours a day - much better.

I'm in. :p

Edit: I guess I was wrong: ~5 minutes per run * 1500 runs = 7500 minutes = 125 hours (or 4+ hours per day for 31 days). I'll set my personal goal at 300-500 runs, and congrats to anyone who does more.

I love to steal everything from Cygnus =D

I have not much of hope of making 1,500 runs (or even 1,000) in the time limit, but I'll give it the ol' college try!

I'm not expecting to see too many golden 1500's on the table.. I assume the average will be around 400/500.. but think of all the levels! =D

I am unable to participate, but I can throw in a trophy prize for you guys if you want.

This will [hopefully] get me closer to Grail-100. 500 without dying... please?

EDIT: Just did a test run. Was a split second away from dying to a Succubi pack while teleporting, and then found Souls in the Throne. These runs will be fun. :D.

If no one else volunteer's, i'll be "that guy" that does an absurd amount of runs in a short amount of time (2000 in a month?, your all on :crazyeyes:)

I'll only count the items found within the limits of course.

Ipsilantee, I dropped it down to 1500.. but don't worry, my goal may be 1000 but each saturday/sunday I have time to kill at work so you can except me to hit 1500 =D
Will probably use multiple builds to break up the monotony a bit. This will be my first try at seriously running Baal, but my FO/Nova sorc (based off your mat thread, poops! 👍) can do them in ~5 minutes so 500 shouldn't be too bad.

EDIT: edited in Nagisa's update

You may want to remove the remaining few references to charging zombies from the rules :whistling:I'm not participating due to a busy RL and a bit of a D2 burnout

At 30 seconds or less per run, 2000 pindle runes takes about half an hour a day for a month. At 5 mins/run (poops' estimate), the equivalent would be about 200 Baal runs in a month. 1500 :crazyeyes:

You should also clarify what counts as a run. This question came up during the pindlethon, but with Baal I'd expect more deaths and aborted runs.

See Cygnus, this is why you don't let me do things.. but thanks for what you said.. I knew I missed a "pindlethon" in there.. but I'm also going to clarify the rule with death an aborted runs

I just timed a few Baal runs... ~4 minutes at /p1 going as fast as I could, teleporting past everything until I got right up to the throne... and none of the runs I timed had any "bad" monster spawns (dolls, gloams, OK's... or those Horadrim Ancients who can resurrect the aforementioned nasty critters!)
I'm guessing I might make 500 runs by the deadline... though I set my goal as 1K.

I'd like to try, but is there anyway to get to Baal without having to kill Nihlathak and losing the red portal to Pindle. Can I use the MP trick to get the WSK WP? Or does that only work for getting past the Ancients. I only ask because I'd be using the same character to run Baal that I ran Pindle with and I don't want to lose the ability to run Pindle with her.

@elmer: Killing Baal has nothing to do w/ killing Nihlathak. Nihlathak's dungeon is a dead-end. To get to Baal, you just need to kill the Ancients.

Seriously, If I don't come last, everybody I beat has some serious magic finding issues.
But I'll still be a winner either way. Level 98 Melee build. That's a decent enough prize isn't it? 👍

I don't have enough time, but I will try.

1500 Baal runs? Doesn't it take around 2000 to reach from 97 to 98?

Tried 10 runs, already found Gargoyles Bite (from WSK bosspack) and Azurewrath. But runs take too much time (over 6 min per run) and I forgot how to keep my merc alive, apparently.
EDIT: Those are P1/8/3 runs though

Hrus said:
... and I forgot how to keep my merc alive, apparently.

That's better than my refresher where I had a hard time remembering how to keep ME alive. :p

although the triple-boss pack of frenzytaurs with nasty mods might've had something to do with that.

I'm in, with my baalrunner Cheeser. I'll put myself to the table, once I've managed to get my mf correct.

2k runs?! Geez, that's quite a lot. I'm happy if I can do 500.

Well, the timing is perfect. I've been running Baal for the last couple of days and was hoping to get about halfway from lvl 98 to lvl 99 in the next month. This Baalthon gives some extra incentive though so I'm going for lvl 99. Come March 6th I'll keep the finds from the first 1500 runs separate.

@elmer: As long as you don't activate the Halls of Pain waypoint the red portal near Anya will stay open.

Jesus, we did last years Mephatlon with 1k runs. You want a 1,5k Baal runs? D2 is not a day time job.

Err, I complain too much, have fun you guys :)

btw, just a thought. How about extend the duration of tournament with 2 weeks or a month? Would make it a lot easier and I think there could be more participants to join the fun. Okay, 6-8 weeks MFing is quite a lot but hey, some of us did it last summer in MF Pentathlon. If that's "uncool" then I think 1000 runs could be enough.

Let's say, I can do about 5min runs with my Hammerdin (p1/p8/p3), because I haven't practised a lot. So, 1,5k runs is 125 hours so during one month, you should spend ~4 hours per day just baaling, just like others have said. It's a lot. So, I hope Virtue, that you consider again lowering the amount of runs or extending the duration of tournament :)

cheers.

Antonio said:
Jesus, we did last years Mephatlon with 1k runs. You want a 1,5k Baal runs? D2 is not a day time job.

Err, I complain too much, have fun you guys :)

I totally agree with this, 1,5k Baal runs it's a lot of runs for one month... Besides IIRC the run limit of last Baalthon was 500 runs. I would love to participate in this, since I usually don't do Baal runs, but I don't have time with several things going on in RL (even doing 500 runs would be optimistic for me)

Good luck for the contestants! I will keep an eye (or two...) in this thread

What the heck. I'm in. I don't think I'll be able to get to 1.5k, but I'll hope for 1000. I'm going to use multiple dual-tree full tal's sorcs. Might mix in an enigma-wearing trapper too...

Goal is grailers, with Most Desired Items (tm): 1. Death's Fathom, 2. Mang's 3. HoZ.

Some runes would be OK too....

Virtue: Changed from 2000 to 1500 to keep the sanity level of SPF to.........

hehe ^^

Asmodeous: But I'll still be a winner either way. Level 98 Melee build. That's a decent enough prize isn't it?

hehe... well i started running with my barb and hes going for 99 so just let me get warmed up :p

Not sure i join this dont have much MF on my barb and dont have much space to pick up items =)

I agree with the others. The thons are known as the little-league MF'ing tourneys where everyone's got a shot. If you're lucky you'll get 3-5 people doing 1500 runs with the rest doing probably 800 or less (Probably depeding on how comfortable their runner is opposed to how much of a shot they think they have vs the heavyhitters)

Anyone who does 1500 p8 runs are atleast clvl 97 by the end ;)

@all: Take a re-read of some of the rules

I'm in if it runs until June. Should be able to get 1500 SC Baals while still playing otherwise. Thanks for hosting Virtue. Good Luck everyone!

*Table fixed*

I'll join, but can't start for a few days.

Im in if I can ever get past the ancients with the fishyzon... having a heck of a time with it.
Ill sign up for now with 'various' and try to find build that works best out of my hammerdin, blizz sorc, and meteorb.

I like to run Baal with my Hammerdin, and as this kinda seems like a "for the fun of it" tournament I'll enter for that reason. I like to take my sweet time whilst running and kill most of the boss packs in the WSK before I get to the minions, but I'll keep track of what I get only from Baal and his cronies. Not sure how into this I'll get, probably not enough to qualify, but it'll be fun to have somewhere to post the occassional finds (although I just found a Kira's and a Templar's the other day so I doubt I'll have much luck now). My total-run-goal is low, and I'm not even sure if I'll hit it. (If 200 is too low you can take me out of the table (or just volunteer me for a few hundred more)... don't want to start a bunch of low-ball targets on something that was intentioned to be cast on a grander scale. I just know that 500 is not a realistic number for me.)

It's been a little while since I last ran...if I need 235,113,338 more XP to get to 98, how many runs is that..approximately?

At p8/p3, I would guess about 900 runs give or take. I just reached 98 a couple days ago so it's kinda fresh in my memory..... I think :jig:

Its a few more 1100 is what I counted some time ago. (well actually calculated off the avg exp over a few runs).

Here's the full table.

Hrus said:
I don't have enough time, but I will try.

You are drank or you see less 0 after that 2? that is 2000 baals :D
I bet 2 beers againist you that you will finish under 200 runs :p
Let mew know if you agree with bet :)

I currently only have two characters that can even qualify for this tourney, a fishymancer (probably use him as he's on the course to get to 99), and a FO/CL sorc. Not sure if I'll join, and even if I do, I think 500 in a month is pushing it for me.

GL to those who enter!

I wanna give it a go, even if I wimp out after 50 runs, but I'll try not to - maybe make it 50 a day!

jjscud said:
Its a few more 1100 is what I counted some time ago. (well actually calculated off the avg exp over a few runs).

Here's the full table.
I'm not right at 97, I think I've got about 35million XP already toward 98.

1500? Nah, no way I can make that. I was expecting 1k, tops, since that was what the Mephathon was at. Oh well, your tournament can have whatever rules you want, thanks for hosting! (I hope that doesn't sound facetious, I'm just trying to express my confusion and call myself a whiner at the same time, I'm glad you're willing to put effort into something like this!)

I may give this a try, but I won't be getting started until April, if even then. It'll be a good excuse to give Blova some runs, if nothing else, and try to pick up some Baal GC's. I'll add myself into the table later. Good luck to everybody who runs!
Sign me up for 1k runs.

I agree with the others (namely Corrupted) that 1.5k Baal-runs is an overkill. I would probably not be willing to play that much even back when I had the time.

As was already mentioned, the last Baalathon had the limit of 500 runs - a reasonable amount which can attract a lot of participants. Besides, it actually makes some sense to go with higher MF than usual, and not just use the most damaging setup to get this over with.

The MFO is the right event to take a week off and play until your eyes bleed, not this type of tournaments, imo.

Anyway, good luck to all participants. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some Baals to kill. *hides*

If you're already killing Baal, why not add yourself to the list, and at least try 500?

There is no point in joining a tournament with a plan not to finish it.

Virtue said:
1) Count your Baal Runs! Silospen has a great Run Counter. Stop at 1500!

Be careful though, the game will save around the 5 minute mark, if you're not well under that every time then you can't rely an any of the automatic run counters.

Edit2: You can use fingers, toes, pen/paper, put pennies in a cup, or you're really wild and crazy, an abacus.

Also are the signups open through May? I may consider it if I have some time to workout a new baal runner.

Edit:

Virtue said:
7) Only accepted versions are 1.10, 1.11, and 1.12. Once accepted mods are RWM, RRM. FE mod is not acceptable, and also drop mods and other. Only legit characters. You can use different characters if you want.
Nevermind, can't join.

I guess I can do 500 runs at least since I am running frenzier for 99...

So count me in - Uber_Neno - frenzy barb - 0 mf :D

Since my runs are just a bit over 5 mins how should I run them since there is obvious problem with runs lasting longer than 5 minutes as jj stated?

jjscud said:
Nevermind, can't join.

yeah CRM gg 👍

bassano said:
yeah CRM gg 👍

CRM 👎

I forgot about CRM sorry, I don't mind it for this..

@Antonio; For fun possibly?

Virtue said:
Edit 2!: I lowered the minimum down to 500 which makes this a little more of not a rush job (aka 20? baals runs a day)

Found this in his second post.

8) You have until 11:59:59 or 23:59:59 on June 6th [highlight]Forum Time[/highlight] to post your finds from at least 1000 runs. Voting will start on the 8th of June and will go until the 13th of June with the final tally on the 15th of June.

Just noticed this. I know it's a little early to worry about it, but I'm just curious. What is forum time? GMT +0? I've adjusted my account to display EST, so I don't have access to the default forum time anymore.

pwangsta: When I sign out, it reverts to GMT +1. I'm guessing that's "Forum Time".

Im game for this , just got my first SP baal runner set up..
a lil light on the mf i think but going for safety...
hope i didnt frak up the tourney window , first time i attempted to use one

NagisaFurukawa said:
pwangsta: When I sign out, it reverts to GMT +1. I'm guessing that's "Forum Time".

... only off by 8 hours. :p

Scroll to the bottom of every page, and it says "All times are GMT -7. The time now is..."

Now that I feel more comfortable with the new deadline, I'm signing up for 2k. Btw, I don't see CRM as an unfair advantage in a limited number of runs tourney.

Thanks for hosting Virtue and good luck to all runners 👍

poops, at the bottom is shows your current timezone.. Nagisa is right on this one ;)

sirpoopsalot said:
... only off by 8 hours. :p

Scroll to the bottom of every page, and it says "All times are GMT -7. The time now is..."

mine says

All times are GMT -4. The time now is .... at the end of every page..
👍

Mine says

All times are GMT (that's Lisbon and London time). The time now is ....

Oh well, I think it used to be a fixed time and didn't change for different timezones, but maybe I'm wrong there. On to more important stuff anyways.

@Virtue, the rules contradict themselves in a few regards - it would be nice if they didn't. I'd appreciate if you could get them fully cleaned up before the tourney begins (or shortly thereafter). Here's the nitpicks I noticed:

1. #1 says 1500 runs, #3 says 2000.
2a. #8 says "at least 1000 runs" - shouldn't that be 500?
2b. Also in #8, you might also want to extend that deadline for a day or two to accommodate the procrastinators that are running right up until the last minute. That might mean pushing the other deadlines out a day or two also.
3. #12 contradicts #2 in the amount of time available to finish your runs.

Also, I also agree that CRM players should be allowed to participate, but it's your tournament, so you get to decide this. (As long as items aren't exchanging hands and everybody behaves themselves, I don't intend/want to be a moderator here; I'm just another participant, so don't give my non-moderating opinion any extra weight). But if you're going to clarify some of the other rules, you should probably clarify this at that time too. (Rule #7)

Thanks.

@poops, I completely forgot to change some of the rules when I adjusted things :hammerhead:

and to clarify the forum time issue...

Log out, look at the bottom.. It'll say +1 GMT.. the time that everyone sees is what you have your board time set to. Hence mine is -5 GMT.. meaning the tournament ends at 6pm on June 8th EST.

Let's try. :)

Updating my MF, and typo in the number of runs, LOL.

Also updating my runs and MF, after testing her out, I'll be sure to hit the minimum, but more than that I don't know.

This is just what I need to finish the job!

Ups! The limit is 1500.

Ok 1500 it is then, coulda sworn it was 2k..

I've made a FO/nova vbuild inspired by Poops Ma thread! She is lvl ** now and woul want some more exp. butt still, thi can be relly fun an d I wiltll propably do the runs at /p3 sine more can be nastyk whtat do you think?

I stick to /players1 myself, but I don't particularly care about this character's experience gain - just the itamz she finds. I'm not sure how Nova will hold up on higher settings - I'd be leary of even /p3.

BTW, I believe I got the first TC87 of the tourney (posted in this thread, at least). Woot.

http://www.freewebs.com/sirpoopsalot77/baaltourney/Screenshot096.jpg

First update of the tourney :smug: (although it's a small one). Got 50 runs done this morning, found another BK set piece, Nat's Claw, a plain sparking skiller, widowmaker, and a few other things.

The best non-qualifier so far is My 3rd one of these from a champion pack.

sirpoopsalot said:

That 1110 pile of gold is pretty impressive poops! :whistling:

25 runs down. One TC87 so far: M'avina's True Sight. Also got a yellow Archon Staff that for half a second I thought was GOLD. :p

EDIT: In 27 runs Baal has now given me the entire Sazabi's set. Thanks Baal. :rolleyes:

jrlafrance said:
That 1110 pile of gold is pretty impressive poops! :whistling:

To be honest, I was more concerned with picking that up than my ~185th green CB - it's much more useful to me. :crazyeyes:

8 runs so far, 2 m'avina's bows. Weird game sometimes...

OK, now that Callador is in I have to participate and take revenge for the MFO defeat...back then I did ~500 runs in 11 days, but I doubt I'll manage the 1000 needed runs to 98 in 3 months...uh well, I'll see :rolleyes:

may have to back out of this one, dont seem to have any chars that can run in under 8-10 mins.... ill do more testing tomorrow.... maybe ill change my goal to 500 instead of 1k hehe.
Hammerdin has good survivability, but takes too long even getting there. Fishyzon kills faster than hammer, but dies a lot due to crapoola resists.
Both are great once I actually get to the throne room, it just takes too long to get there. Maye I should just try to run past everything in the way.
Ill try blizzsorc tomorrow maybe and see. Ive used her before for baal since she can tele, but killing everything once she is there is pretty slow.

Just a heads up. My runner (hybridzon) is still in the planning stage. So, it will take a while before I start my runs. If her performance turns out to be somewhat unsatisfying, I'll fall back to plan B (CL/FO sorc). Worst case scenario I should be able to complete the 500 runs minimum.

@ Malodium: Cheer up :guiness: Also, mind if I ask, what's your Fishyzon gear?

Updated my MF and added my first 11 runs, which resulted from looking for a good map :)

Nothing too spectacular, although I found Tal Rasha's Guardianship from a Random Skeletal Mage and Ondal's Wisdom from Baal himself on my first run (that and 2 other uniqes - Baal has never been that generous to me before).

Forgot to update after last night's runs. My best drop so far came from a bosspack in WSK, unfortunately.

The Gladiator's Bane
Wire Fleece
Defense: 1471
Durability: 22 of 135
Required Strength: 111
Required Level: 85
Unidentified
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0xfc81d0c
+195% Enhanced Defense
+50 Defense
Damage Reduced by 16
Magic Damage Reduced by 19
+103 Maximum Durability
Attacker Takes Damage of 20
30% Faster Hit Recovery
Poison Length Reduced by 50%
Cannot Be Frozen

Got that 2/19/20 small charm.. tals plate/glads bane .. few other bits and pieces

Only 25 runs done and I'm already satisfied for my results for the whole Baalthon :D Got unique amulet, ID'd, Atma's Scarab. Which is? GRAILER! -11 now and finished Jewelry, now missing 2 cow pieces, 1x tc3, 6xtc87 and 2xtc78. Getting closer :)

I'll update the table later tonight, but for now I wanted to report that if Baal keeps dropping like this, I'm going to cry.

25 runs in. An extra Guillaume's makes me happy, but otherwise nothing noteworthy. Also, got a BKTG from a Champion on the way to the Throne. Meh.

Decided to take my place at the top of the list while I can. I'm sick of Baal & WSK already (one good drop might've helped, but alas), and won't be pushing nearly as hard from here on out. So I'll fall down the list quickly enough. :p

Decent finds so far: 2x Baal GCs... crap otherwise. I feel like 95-100% of Baal's drops are about on par with the pic xxnothing posted. I've also been sticking with my usual 2 branches of the WSK where I kill ~5 random boss packs per run - not that that's produced anything either.

I suppose I should try this. AT runs need a break and I sure am not going back to Pindle anytime soon.

10 runs in and 2 possible top 5s...both first self founds and neither TC87s...Not much else dropping though.

Couldn't get anything together to get me a HoTO or a CtA, but maybe I'll find something along the way during this to get that result. My mf on my Hammerdin hits 520 on weapon switch for the Baal final kill, the 345 is normal with the wizzy and HoZ. Still maintaining 9k hammer dmg, so my cheeser should be ok.

Bummer - my screenshot didn't take but this fell from the 3rd wave:

Death's Fathom
Dimensional Shard
One Hand Damage: 30 - 53
Durability: 39 of 50
Required Level: 73
Fingerprint: 0xb7931230
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
Properties:
Fire Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +29%
+3 to Sorceress Skill Levels
20% Faster Cast Rate
[highlight]30% to Cold Skill Damage[/highlight]

jjscud said:
Be careful though, the game will save around the 5 minute mark, if you're not well under that every time then you can't rely an any of the automatic run counters.

Edit2: You can use fingers, toes, pen/paper, put pennies in a cup, or you're really wild and crazy, an abacus.

If you hit the Options button you can change the number of saves it counts as 1 run. So by putting it to 2 it won't count the 5min save, but will count the next (your save when you finish running) as a completed run.

I'm aiming for 1500 runs. Quick question though, is it considered ethical to include a quest drop?

elmer said:
If you hit the Options button you can change the number of saves it counts as 1 run. So by putting it to 2 it won't count the 5min save, but will count the next (your save when you finish running) as a completed run.

And if you're like me and usually have run times between 4:30 and 5:30? :crazyeyes:

I decided to go with manual counting for this tourney, since that seemed the most reliable.

Edit: 96 done, 4 more tonight, then level94 (and an update) tomorrow.

Another 100 runs down. Overall, pretty awful drops. Nothing to note except a non-qualifying Bul-Tribal Guardian, 2 boneshades, and this from the big guy himself.

Sander's Paragon
Cap
Defense: 3
Durability: 9 of 12
Required Level: 25
Unidentified
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x498310cb
Attacker Takes Damage of 8
35% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+1 to Defense (Based on Character Level)

Highest rune so far is Fal.

Where do I find scoring table if there is such thing for Baalthon?
neno said:
Where do I find scoring table if there is such thing for Baalthon?

You choose your Top5 by yourself - of course, you can choose them according to rarity as listed in the scoring table from the MFO (at the bottom of the first post), but in this Baalthon the winner will be voted based on their top 5, and people don't necessarily vote according to rarity, but also consider usefulness, style etc.

Since my risk of dying increases every time I come back from taking a break, I decided to stick with this until BBIV made level94 so it would only take ~50 more runs and not ~150 to gain that level. She made it, and now I can take my break and not loose a bunch of exp. when I come back because I'm more likely to die ~4 times in the first 20 runs.

Still no real qualifiers of note (though I got an SoJ from a random OK boss, so I'm happy).

Good luck everyone.

Not much time to play the past couple of days, but I did squeak in some runs this evening. Best drop was a pair of golden Ogre Gauntlets, which is a grailer for me, so that's cool.
I also hit level 95! this is now the highest clvl character I've ever had. Never been past 92 before. 👍

EDIT: run #80... TC87 drop.

Astreon's Caddy! Nice. With my playtime around 8 hours a week, I might be able to make those 200 :), It's around 50 so far.

just about 50? It seems that you have nice chance to hit that 200 :D
or you are bluffing to make me nervous? :)

xxnothing: grats to asterons , ilvl99 one is very good piece to your collection 👍

Ok. I'll try but schedule might be to tight for my spare time :)

20 More runs only one useful item, noted in the IFT...been fun though. A Baal SC dropped as well, no GCs yet. Also had my first death being dumb and running into a convicted Gloam pack while cursed with Lower Resist...Smooth Move ExLax!

Hell, why not. :D

I hope to find the time for 500 runs. I'm joining with the same character I used for the Pindlethon (Full Tal's Meteorb), although I might try some runs with other chars.

Count me in since Im already doing him

Gahz

100 runs down. Nothing really spectacular this evening, but it's only 20 runs in tonight's session, so I suppose I shouldn't expect too much.
I am picking up EVERY green and gold item that drops. I'm curious to see the resulting pile of stuff by the time 1K runs are done... Also have saved a couple of decent rares and socketed items.

Finally decided to use the same char I used in the Pindlethon, my meteorb. She is the only one that can do it in a semi reasonable time since I can port straight to the throne room. Takes maybe 6-8 mins or so with her where it was taking 10+ with my other guys. Anyway, ive done 10 runs, nothing so far.

My sorceress teleported into a pack of Souls with Conviction which happened to be right next to the waypoint. Does this even need explaining? =X. All my HC characters are dead now, so I think I'll try playing SC again. Lowered my goal from 500 to 250 to allow for time to create a character. =).

On a less morbid note, nice finds so far everyone. :).
Finished up my first 100 runs. Nothing particularly exciting to note; the best drop was probably Arachnid Mesh. Most useful, at least, although I happen to 5 or 6 of them now, so that's now saying much. Only other interesting drop was a Baal GC, which came with Hexing (+1 Curses) on it. I don't like to reroll skillers, but that's just a total waste.

@Nagisa: Ouchies. I couldn't imagine doing Baal runs in HC. My current runner is the safest one I've ever played, and she still dies once every 25 runs or so. Good luck with your new SC character!

I had some time, so I did 5 runs, then I got bored and watched Naruto instead.
So far I have found nothig worth mentioning, I picked up few low elites S/Us and some flawless gems.
Good old AT runs or LK runs...

@Nagisa, ouch i'm sorry to hear about your deeds. There wasn't much you could do with a nasty soul pack like that.

I finished another 100 runs. Sadly, the most notable finds were a Stormspire from one of Lister's posse (If only some TC87's were more useful, I mean for how rare they are, they should be more than sub-par items), Leviathan from Colonzo, Artic furs, and the Set Leather Armor from Baal.

Best non-qualifier was a Mav's Diadem which almost made me slam my head into something.

70 Runs, found a Soj somewhere in those 20 runs.. VERY close to 95 now but falling behind on my quota..

20 runs down with no notable find. Only aRunemaster and an Azurewrath

Gahz

500 Runs down with plenty left. I'm going to leave my goal as lvl 99 but I doubt I'll make it. Anyway, some highlights so far: IKSC, Tal's armor and a 34ar/6mf sc. Good luck all! 👍

45 runs in. Still trying to decide which will be my main runner.

No exciting S/U's, but I did find this beauty:

Superior Archon Plate
Defense: 905
Durability: 35 of 36
Required Strength: 93
Required Level: 63
Fingerprint: 0x5cc9f926
+15% Enhanced Defense
Increase Maximum Durability 15%
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

Any suggestions on what to do with it?

The fact that it's superior is a bad thing unfortunately, as it now can't be cube bugged, so people would prefer a plain etheral to that one I'm afraid.

Another 20 runs down tonight. Nothing good dropped from Baal or the waves. I did however find this sa-weeeet little SC on my way through WSK...

Snake's Small Charm of Storms
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 37
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x4ca279ed
+10 to Mana
Adds 1-21 lightning damage

45 run down and I hit lvl 96 :smug: Best find so far is The Gladiator Bane

Gahz

Another 20 runs done, with disappointing results... that is except for this pleasant surprise... My first pair of gloves with +2 B&CB and 20 IAS!

Gale Grip
Bramble Mitts
Defense: 94
Durability: 7 of 12
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 55
Fingerprint: 0x5e9c80af
+50% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +8%
13% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
20% Increased Attack Speed
+2 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)
Level 4 Multiple Shot (24/30 Charges)
Updating on roughly the 1/3 mark. No good finds really, best are 24 Mara's and Ghostflame, plus a couple TC87 sets. Man do Baal runs suck :coffee:

10 more run for tonight with this little ammy as best drop. Too bad that isnt a lightning skill one

Cursing Amulet of the Apprentice
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0xa532f29d
10% Faster Cast Rate
+3 to Curses (Necromancer Only)

Gahz

edit: Did 5 more run and found 2 grailer (that took me down to 34)

Horizon's Tornado
Scourge
One-Hand Damage: 10 to 281
Durability: 61 of 65
Required Dexterity: 62
Required Strength: 100
Required Level: 64
Mace Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x58c33e7
+252% Enhanced Damage
Requirements -20%
50% Increased Attack Speed
150% Damage to Undead
Slows Target by 20%
20% Chance to cast Level 15 Tornado on striking

Fleshripper
Fanged Knife
One-Hand Damage: 53 to 204
Durability: 26 of 36
Required Dexterity: 86
Required Strength: 42
Required Level: 68
Dagger Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xa7f7e388
+259% Enhanced Damage
-50% Target Defense
Prevent Monster Heal
50% Chance of Open Wounds
25% Chance of Crushing Blow
33% Deadly Strike
Slows Target by 20%

Did another 100 runs. Found a grailer that will most likely end up on my Top 5 list.

Stormlash
Scourge
One-Hand Damage: 10 to 289
Durability: 58 of 65
Required Dexterity: 77
Required Strength: 125
Required Level: 82
Mace Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xc47da740
+262% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1-473 lightning damage
30% Increased Attack Speed
150% Damage to Undead
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 30
33% Chance of Crushing Blow
+3 Lightning Absorb
20% Chance to cast Level 18 Tornado on striking
15% Chance to cast Level 10 Static Field on striking

Highest rune so far is a Lem from Baal.

Congrats on that Stormlash!

35 more runs done. Best finds tonight include Reaper's Toll and Trang Oul's Wing.

Best rune so far: Fal (from Baal)

150 done - notable finds so far: perfect fire die facet, green colossus blade (at least 7:th, still waiting for my first golden one...), natural gc with 12 life and 11 cold res/5 mf SC.

Had a windows crash earlier this week. I could run in safe mode, but got fatal errors when I tried to boot up normally. So, I was able to save my stashes/characters over to my external drive and did a full reformat/reinstall over the last couple of days. I guess to reward me for my bad luck with the OS, Achmel decided to drop me a trinket http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot001q.jpg. He had a teleport mod so that's why he isn't centered where he normally he is. My first screenie so I was a little panicked trying to get the screenshot captured and get set up for the next run all while picking up the new toy.

Other finds have been a 28 Mara's and my first Windforce (6%). Both are non-qualifiers, but out of 50 runs and these 3 items I am feeling a little pumped up.

I'd say a good roll Mara's and a WF are decent qualifiers :)

Maybe he meant they weren't dropped by the waves or Baal?

Anyway, grats on the Caddy, Windforce and Mara's! I still have never, ever found a Windforce or a Maras... not in SP, not on BNET. :crazyeyes:

Yeah, they weren't dropped by Baal or the minions. On WSK3 I have one room with a usual spawn of 2-3 bosspacks in there. So, that helps that I'm hitting 3-5 bosspacks before I make it to the throneroom. Running all on P3 to keep my run times in the 5-8 minute range depending on the bosspack mods and how often my merc dies.

105 Runs complete with nothing spectacular to report. Best find is a Horizon Scourge reported previously and a Sol as my best rune.

Now I got to take a little break from Baaland Ill come back later

Gahz

TC87 drop at run 198

It's not the "right" one, but still a grailer for me, so I'm happy.

Stone Crusher
Legendary Mallet
One-Hand Damage: 190 to 231
Durability: 44 of 65
Required Strength: 189
Mace Class - Slow Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x4dbd99ca
+27 to Strength
+280% Enhanced Damage
Adds +11 Damage
-25% Target Defense
-100 to Monster Defense Per Hit
150% Damage to Undead
40% Chance of Crushing Blow

EDIT: This is worth reporting... nice merc helm.

Crown of Thieves
Grand Crown
Defense: 473
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Strength: 93
Required Level: 49
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xc3dfd1a
+25 to Dexterity
+50 to Life
+35 to Mana
+177% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +33%
10% Life stolen per hit
91% Extra Gold from Monsters

ran 25 runs and best find so far is waterwalks =(... switch to my blizzy sorc for faster runs ...hammerdin was just to slow for me with his current gear.

35 runs done, havnt had anything really nice drop, but I did get a grailer last night.

Veil of Steel
Spired Helm
Defense: 396
Durability: 35 of 60
Required Strength: 192
Fingerprint: 0xd4ed0c15
+15 to Strength
+15 to Vitality
+60% Enhanced Defense
+140 Defense
All Resistances +50
+20 Maximum Durability
-4 to Light Radius

Probably the best, highest level thing i've had Baal ever drop, so I was happy.
(he has always been my least productive target to run, just bad luck I guess)

Up to 125 runs. No grailers yet, but did get my first TC87 of the baalathon:

Stormspire
Giant Thresher
Two-Hand Damage: 118 to 337
Required Dexterity: 140
Required Strength: 188
Required Level: 70
Polearm Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Indestructible
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xb0830c79
+10 to Strength
+196% Enhanced Damage
Lightning Resist +50%
Adds 1-237 lightning damage
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 27
Indestructible
5% Chance to cast Level 5 Chain Lightning when struck
2% Chance to cast Level 20 Charged Bolt when struck

Best other finds:

Metalgrid
Alma Negra
The Gnasher

I've decided to keep a separate stash of every S/U Baal drops during the baalathon. I'm curious to see how much of a iLvl 99 grail I can get before I complete the overall grail (if I ever make it...). So far, the stash has 124 items. Duplicates are: Kelpie Snare, Battlebranch, Shadow Killer, Milabrega's Rod, Bloodrise, Tancred's crowbill (x3), Angelic Halo, Cathan's Seal (x3), Duskdeep, Andy's Visage (1 eth), Sander's taboo, Hwanin's blessing, Sigon's shelter, Aldur's deception,

Ahh I need to drop out.. It's a shame really because for once it isn't lack of motivation it's lack of time. At least I got lvl95..

Sorry to all my fans (mainly me)

Did 13 runs without getting anything worth even picking up. :rant: Next run, IK Soul Case drops. 👍

I skip everything until the throne room, do the minions at p1, and Baal at p3. Fastest run so far was 4:30 min :D. Slowest was well over 10 minutes... :whistling:

Because it's in my top 4 most wanted items list, I'll never find an IKSC. ;) The other three are Death's Web, Griswold's Honor and griswold's Redemption. To support this theory, I provide the following evidence:

1. I have found not one, but TWO Asteron's... but no Gris Caddy.
2. I have found a Templar's Might... but no IKSC.

Some nice find so far everyone!

I'll update the table later today when I'm done running. I'm currently at run 225 and the best drop since last update was... Isenhart's Case! :badteeth:

EDIT: @Rummski... yes, I've really enjoyed this more than the Pindlethon. Pindle running felt mroe like a job that I wasn't getting paid to do. Baal running has a bit mroe variety involved, and I can choose to clear the WSK on the way down, which can be fun (and profitable!).

Up to 75 runs, decent finds, nothing spectacular. It's been fun running though.

Between moving, and having a HD crash, I've yet to start these yet, it's been a very, very low priority for me. I didn't lose much in the crash, but it's a slow process re-installing everything.

jrlafrance said:
Between moving, and having a HD crash, I've yet to start these yet, it's been a very, very low priority for me. I didn't lose much in the crash, but it's a slow process re-installing everything.

Sorry to hear about your crash jrlafrance. I had to do the same thing over the past weekend. I guess Wednesday last week or so, my windows got corrupted. I was able to boot into safe mode and save my stashes and such so not a big deal overall to me. But nonetheless, it is a pain to reinstall everything.

I've only finished another 30 runs since the reinstall and only a Leviathon to speak of. Got one interesting rare, a small crescent with 30% IAS and like 360% ED plus some AR. Amn is still the highest rune so far.

120 runs behind. Nothing spectacular very low number of any S/U elites :(
Most notable finds are:

Aldur's Deception
Shadow Plate
Defense: 817
Durability: 52 of 70
Required Strength: 115
Required Level: 76
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x6fdf29fd
+20 to Strength
+15 to Dexterity
+300 Defense
Lightning Resist +43%
Requirements -50%
+1 to Shape-Shifting Skills (Druid Only)
+1 to Elemental Skills (Druid Only)

***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
+15 to Vitality
+15 to Vitality
+15 to Vitality

Doombringer
Champion Sword
One-Hand Damage: 111 to 283
Two-Hand Damage: 271 to 382
Required Dexterity: 103
Required Strength: 163
Required Level: 69
Sword Class - Fast Attack Speed
Indestructible
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xe6cc1c85
+240% Enhanced Damage
+30 to Minimum Damage
+100 to Maximum Damage
6% Life stolen per hit
Increase Maximum Life 20%
40% Bonus to Attack Rating
Indestructible
8% Chance to cast Level 3 Weaken on striking

Immortal King's Soul Cage
Sacred Armor
Defense: 1301
Durability: 35 of 60
Required Strength: 232
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xdaf7b849
+400 Defense
Poison Resist +50%
+2 to Combat Skills (Barbarian Only)
5% Chance to cast Level 5 Enchant when struck

25% Faster Hit Recovery
Cold Resist +40%
Fire Resist +40%
Lightning Resist +40%
+50% Enhanced Defense

But killing bosses/large monsters pack on my way got me a very nice consolation prize :)

Griswold's Honor
Vortex Shield
Defense: 329
Chance to Block: 59%
Smite Damage: 5 to 87
Durability: 59 of 90
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 148
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x25cadba
+20% Increased Chance of Blocking
+108 Defense
All Resistances +45
65% Faster Block Rate
Socketed (3: 0 used) :jig:

@Wolver: Congrats on some very nice finds!

No time for much D2, as I got totally sucked into World of Goo. ;)

Notable finds tonight: Shako, Boneshade and Io rune (i-o, not L-o). Also finally found a rare I'll keep, it's not spectacular, but still kind of cool...

Shadow Rock
Heater
Defense: 127
Chance to Block: 62%
Smite Damage: 16 to 30
Durability: 77 of **
Required Strength: 77
Required Level: 43
Fingerprint: 0x87e46a2b
+15% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 1
All Resistances +17
+1 to Paladin Skill Levels
30% Faster Block Rate

got my first 100 done. Tonight I found The Reaper's Toll, 2 or 3 green breastplates and had 2 consecutive runs where Baal dropped a scourge. One of them was golden but was not the 'lash. Looks like the good drops keep coming so keep runniing!

So I thought it was time for me to update, I haven't been super focused at running so I've only done 111 (eleventyone) runs. Sofar the only TC87 I have gotten is Gargoyles Bite, of which I got two during the Pindlethon. Some nice finding is no less than four Rainbow Facets - which is kinda cool! 3 of them were from Baal himself and all was pretty nice, +5/-4 cold die (now in my Tals orb), +5/-4 cold die (no not the same!), +5/-3 cold die and +5/-5 light lvl up. I've gotten a fungal GC with 3 dex and a cold skiller. Also got some random usefull uniques like Guardian Angel and Crown of Thieves. to add: 3*Hellrack (come on!! :p) and a Lenymo of of Baal himself ^^

Cheers!

Hey guys really nice tourney!

Until now i never look what all these tournies are , but they are very interesting....

I want to join this , but i dont know how to update the table...

So how i will do it???

Added Pugmh into the table

Got 150 runs done since my last update. Found 3 grailers... Ghostflame, Spirit Keeper, and this (which will probably end up on my top 5 list)

Astereon's Iron Ward
Caduceus
One-Hand Damage: 141 to 164
Durability: 41 of 70
Required Dexterity: 70
Required Strength: 97
Required Level: 66
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x7f1cb4f9
+283% Enhanced Damage
Damage Reduced by 7
Adds 80-240 magic damage
10% Increased Attack Speed
Adds +70 Damage
171% Bonus to Attack Rating
150% Damage to Undead
Slows Target by 25%
+2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)

I am now at grail -12 :jig:

ofcourse you should join in! let me quote SirPoopsALots edit in the very first post of the thread 👍

sirpoopsalot said:
For those that aren't familiar with updating the scoring/tracking table on their own, nubikoen wrote a very nice guide here. Please read it and give it a try. thanks sirpoopsalot

I update my stats ( mf , goal and build)

My first post in my first tournament... :cloud9: I will try to make 250 runs in 10-12 minutes per run:crazyeyes:

I notice that i have the lowest mf , and my build isnt the most optimum ( the only one i've got in hell Baal)...

So wish me luck.

@Ipsilantee: GG golden caddy! :D

@Pugmh: Good luck! 👍

Just wanted to note that in yesterday's post I said I got a Boneshade Lich Wand. Well, I didn't realize until I checked today that it's a grailer! :) My grail is now at something like -61 I think. I still have a ways to go...

Welcome to the m:crazyeyes:dness Pugmh and good luck! 👍

Congrats on the Caddy Ipsilantee, I'm still looking for mine...:)

The last 550 runs were very good for me. I found 2 grailers: Earth Shifter and Griffon's 19/11 :cloud9:. Other notables were a Chilling GC +5dex, 11LR/18Life SC and some nice rare circlets:

Code:
Bitter Horn
Circlet
Defense: 21
Durability: 31 of 35
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0xee379049
Damage Reduced by 3
Lightning Resist +24%
8% Mana stolen per hit
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels
Socketed (2: 0 used)

Havoc Crest
Circlet
Defense: 21
Durability: 32 of 35
Fingerprint: 0x80ab19b0
Damage Reduced by 4
Lightning Resist +35%
8% Life stolen per hit
7% Mana stolen per hit
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels

Doom Brow
Tiara
Defense: 46
Durability: 22 of 25
Fingerprint: 0xbc87a1a0
+23 to Life
All Resistances +12
6% Mana stolen per hit
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
20% Faster Cast Rate

Ipsilantee said:
Astereon's Iron Ward
Caduceus
One-Hand Damage: 141 to 164
Durability: 41 of 70
Required Dexterity: 70
Required Strength: 97
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x7f1cb4f9
+283% Enhanced Damage
Damage Reduced by 7
Adds 80-240 magic damage
Adds +70 Damage
171% Bonus to Attack Rating
150% Damage to Undead
Slows Target by 25%

Correct me if I'm wrong but by the ilvl of 85, this dropped from something other than one of the 5 waves.

Still, nice drop.

It came from one of the skeleton's of the 2nd wave. I was wondering about the ilvl also, but was told that the skeleton minions are lvl 85. I know for sure it dropped after the throne was clear.

Back on Topic, I forgot I found these during the last set of runs

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x3c0e5ce3
Adds 1-74 lightning damage
100% Chance to cast Level 47 Chain Lightning When You Die
+4% to Lightning Skill Damage
-5% to Enemy Lightning Resistance

Raven Frost (Best Roll I've Found So Far)
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x1cc2e213
+20 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
+244 to Attack Rating
Adds 15-45 cold damage over 4 seconds
20% Cold Absorb
Cannot Be Frozen

Ipsilantee said:
It came from one of the skeleton's of the 2nd wave. I was wondering about the ilvl also, but was told that the skeleton minions are lvl 85. I know for sure it dropped after the throne was clear.

That could be the case, or it might be some of the revived undead monsters that were in the throne. Anyways, it's a GG item, congratulations!

I did like 5 runs yesterday and died! Didn't die since lvl 94 or so :(. It was extra fast lightning immune oblivion boss. I was jabbing him with the right mouse pressed while under decrep, suddenly he wondered quickly little bit far, and cast IM on me, I paid little attention and before I realized something is wrong he just came to me again and I jabbed him. My refelxes were bad, so I was just about move my finger to a rejuvenation potione when I realized I have a little life to start with. It was like a slow movie where you can't do anything to prevent the unpreventable. :(
I am at 75 runs lol. Don't have much time.

60 runs so far... have only found two things, Jack and Squat.

will update table later.

Ipsilantee said:

That actually makes sense since there really isn't a "skeleton mage boss" in that wave so they would be mlvl 85. That makes your drop extremely rare! Now a question to all you ATMA users: Where are the skeleton mages in the Throne of Destruction in ATMA? I see Assailants, Death Lords, Oblivion Knights, Pit Lords, Serpent Magi, Undead Soul Killers, Dark Lords, Hell Witches, and Horadrim Ancients. The odds for the golden Caddy from them at P1 (no MF) is about 1:13-14 million.

Those wave 2 skeles drop awesomely I find, best for me being Vex.

Anyway ontopic I took myself off the list for the reason posted earlier

A handful more runs done. Highlights I suppose would be a Flesh Ripper and a Gore Riders. My eyes are glazing over, I'm so tired! Off to bed for me...
Best of luck to all who are still running...

My first -thon! What fun!
I used to run Baal more often in the past, have been mostly doing pindle, pits and AT lately. But it's back to Baal I go!
Will only have a chance to pull off 500ish runs though. Work and school take up too much time. I'll be lucky to get 500 to be honest :whistling:

Kassul! Nice to see you here ;)
Dibs on every unique sacred armour you find~

I'm not joining this one until i have a decent char at least.

Just updating run total, up to 100, 2 of the top 5 is set, with 2 other possibilities. Katherine has also leveled from ** to 90 with the runs. Have fun everyone!

Update:

Haven't felt like playing much lately :/ Nevertheless, 60 done. Once more, I can't rely my rogue merc on p3 Baal runs (this time the problem are succubi). So, I'm doing the runs on p1 and switching to p3 for Baal (cheesy I know :whistling:). On the bright side, Fire Arrow works wonders on gloams, LI/FI Lister/Death Lord bosses don't seem to be a problem, and Bellatria is close to 91.

Item-wise: nothing amazing yet. Baal is teasing me with gold scourges (2*horizon's), but that doesn't bother me any more since I've found Stormlash from Pindle last month. Other finds: cold facet, tal's plate, eth tomb reaver (only 1os unfortunately), 13@res jewel, plain bow skiller, rare +2 druid +3 tornado antler type pelt (this is very similar to one I already have but a little better), interesting 38% mf blue circlet, reaper's, leviathan, boneflame + other minor stuff that I can't even remember atm. That's it for now. Stay tunned.

Good Luck fellow runners!

potter said:
Kassul! Nice to see you here ;)
Dibs on every unique sacred armour you find~

I'm not joining this one until i have a decent char at least.

Hey potter 👋 Yeah, finally got off my bum and registered an account.
Good luck leveling a char up and getting some more equipment to take part in this or some other -thons =)
Tell you what, if I *find* a unique sacred armour I'll give you a chance to trade for it :whistling:

Found my first Medusa's Gaze shield off Baal on run 23 or 24, the only elite unique so far. Still a million miles away from completing the Grail, but it's nice to scratch something else off, especially if it's from a TC in the 80s.

Code:
Medusa's Gaze
Aegis
Defense: 443
Chance to Block:  44%
Smite Damage: 18 to 28
Durability: 55 of 92
Required Strength: 219
Fingerprint: 0x75ceb8cd
+174% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +79%
5% Life stolen per hit
Slows Target by 20%
100% Chance to cast Level 44 Nova When You Die
10% Chance to cast Level 7 Lower Resist when struck

Did 20 more run tonight with some decent stuff. Just found my second Tornado:

Code:
Horizon's Tornado
Scourge
One-Hand Damage: 9 to 264
Durability: 47 of 65
Fingerprint: 0x92a75b91
+231% Enhanced Damage
Requirements -20%
150% Damage to Undead
Slows Target by 20%
20% Chance to cast Level 15 Tornado on striking

Burly Small Charm of Balance
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0x87fbdcae
+15 Defense
5% Faster Hit Recovery

Echoing Amulet of Regeneration
Fingerprint: 0x9891417
Replenish Life +4
+3 to Warcry Skills (Barbarian Only)

Gaean Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x307d83ff
+3 to Elemental Skills (Druid Only)

Rixot's Keen
Short Sword
One-Hand Damage: 9 to 14
Durability: 22 of 24
Required Level: 2
Sword Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xe8d75560
+100% Enhanced Damage
+5 to Minimum Damage
+25 Defense
+2 to Light Radius
20% Bonus to Attack Rating

Tin Jewel of Thunder
Fingerprint: 0x86fc0886
+37 to Attack Rating
Adds 1-62 lightning damage

Gahz

80 runs so far... and I almost missed this:
http://diablo.incgamers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2626&cat=631

@ Hrus: That is why I play with RRM when MFing!

@Asmo: The first 100 MF makes the most difference so I would think that would be worth it even if it slows you down a bit.
Cius said:
@ Hrus: That is why I play with RRM when MFing!

That's why RRM users have unfair advantage to those of pure manners... I won't be tempted by the darkside :nono:

I saw it within 5 seconds 👅 Then again, I use RRM currently so it would have taken even less time with it.

Anyways, congrats Hrus

Also, congrats to Gaz on that Rixot's Keen (I WANTS THAT)

I haven't had the time to do many runs but hopefully i'll get some done today and maybe some over the weekend.

Dropping out. Ive decided I hate Baal runs.

Only 10 runs since last update. Been too busy with real life to play. :(

Out of the past ten runs three items of note... Reaper's Toll (non-eth, sadly), eth Crown of thieves, Fungal GC of Dex.

Update, much more productive today. Of note(to me at least):
A nice Taebaek's Glory, two Berserker's Hauberks to add to my collection(Is red the new green? I seem to be finding an awful lot of these lately...), Trang-Oul's Scales, an Arachnid Mesh, a Buriza and an Eaglehorn. woooo

OH! And a Cathan's Seal. Can't forget that :alright:

On the whole though this has been going much better for me than I'd expected it to. Thanks for getting this -thon started Virtue!

25 more run for tonight with these little beauties:

Code:
Lacerator
Winged Axe
Throw Damage: 18 to 157
One-Hand Damage: 28 to 147
Quantity: 180
Required Dexterity: 122
Required Strength: 96
Axe Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x7497d158
+163% Enhanced Damage
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 50%
Prevent Monster Heal
33% Chance of Open Wounds
33% Chance to cast Level 3 Amplify Damage on striking
Replenishes Quantity

Leviathan
Kraken Shell
Defense: 1541
Required Strength: 174
Required Level: 65
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0x45eda82f
+48 to Strength
+170% Enhanced Defense
+127 Defense
Damage Reduced by 22%
Indestructible

Rixot's Keen
Short Sword
One-Hand Damage: 9 to 14
Durability: 15 of 24
Required Level: 2
Fingerprint: 0x2526c341
+100% Enhanced Damage
+5 to Minimum Damage
+25 Defense
+2 to Light Radius

Tal Rasha's Guardianship
Lacquered Plate
Defense: 892
Durability: 45 of 55
Required Strength: 83
Required Level: 71
Fingerprint: 0x75e94426
+400 Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
Fire Resist +40%
Lightning Resist +40%
Cold Resist +40%
**% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Requirements -60%

10% Faster Cast Rate

I also got two yellow Sacred armor from Baal with crappy rolls

Gahz

I finally found a Ribcracker!!! this is my first one ever, SP or BNET.

But..........

It's ethereal. Thanks Baal, you knob!!!! :p Anyone got a spare Zod? :badteeth:

Ribcracker
Quarterstaff
Two-Hand Damage: 68 to 190
Durability: 116 of 116
Required Strength: 15
Required Level: 31
Staff Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xa0454d22
+15 to Dexterity
+100% Enhanced Defense
+222% Enhanced Damage
+30 to Minimum Damage
+65 to Maximum Damage
+100 Defense
+100 Maximum Durability
50% Faster Hit Recovery
150% Damage to Undead
50% Chance of Crushing Blow

xxnothing said:

But..........

It's ethereal. Thanks Baal, you knob!!!! :p Anyone got a spare Zod? :badteeth:

You can still use it on a kick assassin ;)

Kyrandia said:
You can still use it on a kick assassin ;)

Very true! Maybe I'll get to use it after all...

To make up for that though, Baal dropped me a happy little grailer two runs later. Nothing like an ilvl99 TC3 item! :jig:

Biggin's Bonnet
Cap
Defense: 17
Durability: 8 of 12
Required Level: 3
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x8f0fc666
+15 to Life
+15 to Mana
+30% Enhanced Damage
+30 to Attack Rating
+14 Defense

Due to a Hard drive crash I have to drop out from the tourney and do a full restart. Goodbye my old lvl 96 and a half Blizzie

Good luck for those who are still running Ill look over this tread to see your progression

Gahz

xxnothing said:

That's the way it was for my first Skin of the Vipermagi...ethereal.

On a related note, Baal has dropped me two Ribcrackers this Baalathon so there's probably hope for you to find it again. If not, I've got several spare vanilla ones sitting in my vanilla stash and you're free to have one if you'd like.

After a couple nights of Nethack, I did some more runs and had this cool drop last night. The charm was a +40 life charm. To bad it wasn't a skiller too.

@Gahzban - sorry to hear about the loss. Two words though: [highlight]ONLINE BACKUP[/highlight] It's free, it's easy, and you prevent total loss. I email myself my stashes every so often so it's simple to get going again in case of a problem. Let me know if you need some starter gear. I've got a wide array of stuff (both vanilla and CRM/RWM) if you'd like (see my Flavie link from the Grail thread)

Updated number of runs.

Another 15 runs today.
Few nice pickups, Lacerator and Baranar's Star. The excitement came when I saw an Ormus' robe drop off of Baal. Good +%Fire damage role, not so great for lit, and outright horrible for cold but oh well.
And the sorc skill that got +3? I crossed my fingers and hoped for Blizzard or fireball, etc. For something decent anyway and got...
*whimper*
Oh well, still nice to have one I suppose :hang:

Code:
Ormus' Robes
Dusk Shroud
Defense: 477
Durability: 13 of 20
Required Level: 75
Fingerprint: 0x5eadbee9
Regenerate Mana 14%
+15 Defense
20% Faster Cast Rate
+3 to Telekinesis (Sorceress Only)
+14% to Fire Skill Damage
+12% to Lightning Skill Damage
+10% to Cold Skill Damage

Still no exciting S/U's, but check out this sexy charm Baal dropped:

Shocking Small Charm
Required Level: 82
Fingerprint: 0x5a7b189f
Adds 1-56 lightning damage

@Gahzban: Ooooh... painful! Good luck on the restart though!

@Ohomemgrande: Thanks for the offer, very kind of you! I'll wait and see how the rest of the Baalathon goes. Ol' Stingy might give me a good one yet...

Nothing exciting to report from the 10 runs I did yesterday, besides the Biggin's Bonnet noted a few posts back.

43 runs done, can't seem to find the time for some reason...

Notable finds since last update:
- IK helm
- Atma's Scarab (grailer!)
- Griswold's Heart
- Demon Limb

So far I'm not complaining. Most of the time Baal drops complete crap (a drop of 4-5 useless rares seems his favourite), but then suddenly I get something good.

220 more runs done since my last update. I also removed my goal of lvl 99 from the table because there is no possible way I can reach 99 in 780 more runs :doh: should have realized that earlier....

Most notable qualifying finds were

Code:
Tomb Reaver
Cryptic Axe
Two-Hand Damage: 176 to 810
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Dexterity: 93
Required Strength: 155
Required Level: 84
Polearm Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xf4641c17
+260% Enhanced Damage
All Resistances +33
57% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+13 Life after each Kill
+4 to Light Radius
60% Increased Attack Speed
223% Damage to Undead
+345 to Attack Rating against Undead
10% Reanimate As: Returned
[B]Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (2: 0 used)[/B] <------- :'(

Nightwing's Veil
Spired Helm
Defense: 344
Durability: 39 of 40
Required Strength: 96
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x9eb0091
+12 to Dexterity
+115% Enhanced Defense
Requirements -50%
Half Freeze Duration
+2 to All Skill Levels
+8 Cold Absorb
+13% to Cold Skill Damage

Skin of the Vipermagi
Serpentskin Armor
Defense: 279
Durability: 15 of 24
Required Strength: 43
Fingerprint: 0x419b5711
+120% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 9
[B]All Resistances +35[/B] <---- Saucy Roll
30% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to All Skill Levels

Bane Ash
Short Staff
Two-Hand Damage: 1 to 7
Durability: 19 of 20
Required Level: 5
Staff Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Unidentified
[B]Item Level: 99[/B] <---- Baal, if your going to gieb TC3's... gieb Rixot's
Fingerprint: 0x512d9ddf
+30 to Mana
+58% Enhanced Damage
Fire Resist +50%
Adds 4-6 fire damage
+2 to Warmth (Sorceress Only)
+5 to Fire Bolt (Sorceress Only)
150% Damage to Undead

Stone Crusher
Legendary Mallet
One-Hand Damage: 196 to 239
Durability: 56 of 65
Mace Class - Slow Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xa9525a06
+30 to Strength
+293% Enhanced Damage
Adds +19 Damage
-25% Target Defense
-100 to Monster Defense Per Hit
150% Damage to Undead
40% Chance of Crushing Blow

Bul-Kathos' Tribal Guardian
Mythical Sword
One-Hand Damage: 120 to 150
Durability: 31 of 44
Required Dexterity: 124
Required Strength: 147
Sword Class - Fast Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xb42c6fc1
+20 to Strength
+200% Enhanced Damage
Fire Resist +50%
+49 poison damage over 2 seconds

AND LAST BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST......

[URL="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/4554/baalathonmavdiadem.jpg"]M'avina's True Sight[/URL] <------- LULZ
Diadem
Defense: 202
Durability: 10 of 20
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x5ca10412
+25 to Mana
+150 Defense
Replenish Life +10

+1 to All Skill Levels
50% Bonus to Attack Rating
All Resistances +25

Updating run count. Nothing major finds after last update.
Exp bar starts to look nice though ;)

Qualifier-wise nothing outstanding yet, but the Baalathon already paid off for me:Lo Rune in WSK 3 p1 from a Demon Sprite I think. Classic case of taking the time clearing WSK > teleporting through it :)

Experience-wise: currently Clvl ~92.5

Updated run total, a couple of nice finds including a perfect poison facet, that's now waiting for my golden wand when I find it...Katherine leveled to 91 tonight.

I'm headed out of town for a week and I don't think Baals a stress free enough for vacation. I'll update again when I get back. Good Luck everyone!

Drop of the night was a golden shako and a green lacquered plate from Baal on the same drop. Otherwise, nothing too exciting. I'm just a handful of runs from hitting level 92.

Drops of note included another Blade of Ali Baba(can never have too many of these), Atma's amulet, IK maul, couple small charms with useless mods, but good for cubing, and most importantly to me, a Gheed's Fortune(also in that drop was a very shiny Wraith Flight)

The Gold Find on the Gheeds isn't great, but above average MF and vender pricing which pleases me enormously.
Enough that I'm going to take a short break to celebrate my first Gheed's :D I was beginning to think that unique charms were just a really elaborate hoax the world was pulling on me. :crazyeyes:
Code:
Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Required Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0x62d73477
107% Extra Gold from Monsters
36% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Reduces All Vendor Prices 14%

Another 220 runs done. Results are not that good I think. Some elite S/U, some useful items but nothing from "elite of elites" group. Best items from that series is definitely Tal's armor, highest run UM.
But luckily (same as with first series) I had a nice item dropped on my way to Throne.

http://img179.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=37262_Screenshot013_122_423lo.jpg

Windforce
Hydra Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 35 to 238
Required Dexterity: 167
Required Strength: 134
Bow Class - Fast Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xbfe7b285
+10 to Strength
+5 to Dexterity
+250% Enhanced Damage
Heal Stamina Plus 30%
7% Mana stolen per hit
Knockback
+3 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level) :jig:

Believe me or not I don't care that this is not a qualifier :)

I'm back (have been for a few days). Nothing to show for the 50 runs since my return beyond a (non-qualifier) Messerschmidt's Reaver and this moderately-decent non-qualifier:

Rune Master
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x838485f2
+19 to Strength
+1 to Dexterity
+52 to Attack Rating
+6 to Minimum Damage
Fire Resist +28%
Lightning Resist +10%
Cold Resist +10%
Poison Resist +10%

Just runcount update from 50 to 115. If I only hade more time.

I believe you ;)

Gogo, Hrus!
Here's something to motivate you (and hopefully a few others).

@all: sorry for hijack - I didn't sign up, because I only did about ~300 runs lately, and don't intend to proceed anytime soon, esp. after what I've experienced today (ehm.. yesterday).

I got fried by Souls twice within 15 minutes in a very nasty manner - first at the Throne entrance (insta-LR from OKs), second during a lovely ambush past the bridge in WSK2 (Convicton pack with precise positioning). I had no deaths to Souls for a very long time, but now they taught me that they are still out there :embarassed:

This resulted in ~50 run "penalty" raising the number of remaining runs (originally 65) to almost unbearable amount. Yet, it is done. I need some sleep now :sleep:

Good luck everybody, and stay safe 👋

Ugla: Ouch! Dying at a level so high sucks bigtime. Glad you made it to 98. Congratulations and keep up 👍

Just a handful of runs over the past two days. Nothing exciting to report.

Ugla, why it is that such a noob has higher lvl character than me?

(ohh, this question is maybe more accurate)
When did you stop being a noob?

Congrats. But let's race to lvl 99 what do you think? Wanna bet I will get there sooner?

@ugla: grats for your 98 char now you are "only" one level from finish line :)

@hrus: 115? seems that 3 months is enough time for 200 runs :p

Updating run count. Best drops have been from TC 84, a Gut Siphon(173 ED/16 LL) and a Messerschmidt's Reaver.
The best qualifying rune I've managed to pick up is an Amn, and from generic monsters on the way down to the throne room I've gotten a Shael. :unimpressed:
So no great runes yet but I haven't given up hope of a Jah or Cham from Baal in the runs to follow.

For an OT question, had asked potter earlier on IRC but thought you guys might have some input too. Roughly how close does one need to get before statements like "at grail -<X>" stop being something to giggle at? Grail -400 seems a little silly to me, but I'm not sure what the (fuzzy) demarcation is generally thought to be. 150? 100? 75? 50? Opinions doubtless vary and abound, I'm curious to hear yours :)

Did 95 runs since my last update. Most notable finds were Steelrend from Baal and Death Cleaver from a wave 2 skeleton.

Steelrend (GRAILER!!! Puts me at -11)
Ogre Gauntlets
Defense: 242
Durability: 14 of 24
Required Strength: 185
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x1ecc6e18
+18 to Strength
+35% Enhanced Damage
+173 Defense
10% Chance of Crushing Blow

Death Cleaver
Berserker Axe
One-Hand Damage: 82 to 243
Durability: 25 of 26
Required Dexterity: 59
Required Strength: 138
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x3f359f05
+243% Enhanced Damage
+6 Life after each Kill
40% Increased Attack Speed
-33% Target Defense
66% Deadly Strike

@Kassul

It's hard to say.. :D because everyone probably feels differently about it

When I joined the forums, I was already at grail -19 by the time I started posting.

I think once you get to grail -30 and below, it's a good time to post your grail count with each new find/finds.

I'm a little biased on this but that's my take on it regardless :yes:

Of course I don't mind if people post grail -500 either, lulz are usually always a good thing

Update on run count. I think it's right. Not too interested in the run numbers, only the XP!!! :whistling:

Replaced a skiller with a Gheeds for some MF. Found IK boots, Helm, jade talon, Bartucs and a Thunderstroke as well as a Dol rune so the Gheeds may be helping a little.
But I'm not here to find stuff!
XP needed is down to 97 million. If I reach level 98 before the deadline, I think I'll continue with my avenger and march him towards level 96.

Update, about 25 more runs since last report. It's been pretty dry. Well, tons of S/U items, but all have been low-mid items that I already have found a hundred times before. Only two interesting items were yet another Reaper's Toll (non-eth sadly) and this nice merc helm...

Andariel's Visage

Demonhead
Defense: 475
Durability: 11 of 11
Required Strength: 92
Required Level: 83
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x2a1c5398
+26 to Strength
+105% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist -30%
Poison Resist +70%
+10% to Maximum Poison Resist
9% Life stolen per hit
+2 to All Skill Levels
15% Chance to cast Level 15 Poison Nova when struck
Level 3 Venom (17/20 Charges)

Update time. To be honest, I'm not certain on the exact number of runs i've done. Its certainly around 300, but I've switched characters a few times, and had one "automatic" restart after updates that cleared Silo's run counter...

I figured it was time for an update since Baal just dropped his first TC87 for me, Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge. Cool. Out of curiosity, I've been keeping every S/U that Baal has dropped. That was the #381 item in the ATMA stash. That is nearly all S/U's, with just a handful of lvl99 grand charms and a couple of interesting rares.

Here's one cool rare:

Dire Cudgel
Truncheon
One-Hand Damage: 180 to 217
Durability: 40 of 55
Required Dexterity: 43
Required Strength: **
Required Level: 48
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x2e412b51
+406% Enhanced Damage
+173 to Attack Rating
+3 to Minimum Damage
150% Damage to Undead
+1 to Masteries Skills (Barbarian Only)
Level 6 Volcano (26/52 Charges)

That's the highest ED i've found. Very nice combo of mods, shame about the base item.

Other good finds:
Metalgrid, Alma Negra, Dragonscale, Ethereal Ondal's Wisdom, Ethereal Nosferatu's Coil, Nature's peace, nearly perfect Leviathan, 3 entire Cathan's sets...

Good luck all.

bcoe said:
Out of curiosity, I've been keeping every S/U that Baal has dropped. That was the #381 item in the ATMA stash. That is nearly all S/U's, with just a handful of lvl99 grand charms and a couple of interesting rares.

Heh, same here. Have saved every S/U from the waves and Baal. Also any runes dropped by Baal (best so far is Io). My ATMA stash is currently at 402 items. I want to see how much of a grail I end up with just by running in the Baalathon.

The ED on that truncheon is crazy! I've never found a rare with over 300 ED... 👍

Updating runs. Most useful find is a new Reaper's for my merc to replace his older one. Now has 229% ED and 15% LL.
Trang-Oul's Girth is nice too(+49 Mana, +89 Def), as it completes that set for me.
I'd have rather that TC 84 drop completed the Tal set though =P Would have gotten more use.

Since they don't have TCs I'm always a little unsure how to rank unique rings, but the Nature's Peace(DR 8, 27% poison resist) feels awfully shiny even with the low DR. Also got a better Raven Frost(18 dex, 223 AR).

I'm pulling my Meteorb out of my lineup for this. I've used her for a couple dozen of the runs and just find her too stressful. She's fast to get down to the throne room sure, but has difficulties once she gets there, even with a great deal of the MF stuff taken off for survival gear. Hammerdin is somewhat slower but surer, and gets better results with the drops he does get. So sticking with him for the rest of the -thon. My sorc will get use doing LK runs when I need a break from Baal.

Thinking I'll take that break from him for a day or four. He's given me lots of new shinies and I should be grateful. Yet for each new new toy I pick up my annoyance at the lack of TC 87s grows :p Let's see how many more LK runs with my sorc it takes before I grow annoyed at the lack of HRs!

Only managed 10 runs since last update. One item of interest, and the first BLUE item I've kept so far...

Merciless Matriarchal Bow of Readiness
Two-Hand Damage: 39 to 93
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 187
Required Strength: 87
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0x93092d84
+98% Enhanced Damage
+3 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)

Updating the run count. Not much worth mentioning besides Spirit Keeper and few facets.

@Zaliqai: Running on p3 minions again? :whistling:

Updated run count.

Most significant finds so far (in no particular order):

Qualifiers:
3*facets
2*Tal's plate
4*doombringer
2*lizardtalons
2*horizon's
eth tomby 1os
alma negra
arach
gbane
gskull <= very nice one
leviathan
lightsabre
reaper's
boneflame
taebaek's ward
nightwing's veil <= worst roll ever
+2 druid, +3 tornado rare pelt
2*baal gc's
several baal sc's

and
2*gheeds (35, 39) <= picked none; shame about the 39 one!

Non-qualifiers:
Lo rune
bow skiller
trainer skiller
trainer's of vita (39) <= bittersweet find; it's been some time since I found a skiller with this much life and it had to be this tree!
messerschmidt's reaver
stone crusher
mavina's caster

No tc87 yet.

New update, readouts in the IFT, and pause at run #500.

Nice list ya got going there Vox! Compared to allot of other people, Lady Luck seems to have nothing to do with me. :p

10 more runs down. Two noteable finds... an eth Sandstorm Treks and a grailer, Verdungo's Hearty Cord 👍. Amazing how long I've been playing SP and had never found Verdungo's. I must have found a dozen of that belt on BNET.

Code:
Verdungo's Hearty Cord
Mithril Coil
Defense: 141
Durability: 8 of 16
Required Strength: 106
Required Level: 63
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x43630a86
+32 to Vitality
+100 to Maximum Stamina
+115% Enhanced Defense
Damage Reduced by 15%
Replenish Life +10
10% Faster Hit Recovery

Sandstorm Trek
Scarabshell Boots
Defense: 239
Durability: 8 of 8
Kick Damage: 60 to 110
Required Strength: 81
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xd79bdf75
+15 to Strength
+10 to Vitality
+142% Enhanced Defense
Poison Resist +53%
20% Faster Run/Walk
20% Faster Hit Recovery
50% Slower Stamina Drain
+1 to Maximum Stamina (Based on Character Level)
Repairs 1 durability in 20 seconds

This was the best roll I've ever had on this item except for one thing:

Griffon's Eye
Diadem
Defense: 269
Fingerprint: 0x4365dd11
Unidentified
Properties:
+184 Defense
25% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to All Skills
[highlight]15% to Lightning Skill Damage
-19% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
Ethereal[/highlight]

It came from wave 1

From Baal:

Cunning Scissors Quhab of Swiftness
One-Hand Damage: 19 to 40
Durability: 68 of 68
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 82
Required Strength: 82
Claw Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x452ff07f
+1 to Mind Blast (Assassin Only)
+1 to Lightning Sentry (Assassin Only)
+3 to Trap Skills (Assassin Only)

Best blue claw I've found, soooo close to perfect.

Up to ~400 runs, got a Stormspire from minions, and a non-qualifying Veil of Steel clearing the throne...

Originally posted by: @Zaliqai

Well, I'm done with my 1500 runs and am glad that part is over. I'm still hoping I can get to lvl 99 before this Baalthon ends but that means another 1800 runs or so...I need a break first.

Some notable finds: 2x IKSC, 4x Tals armor, Arachs, Nightwing's +12, Highlord's, 154/40 Gheeds, Earth Shifter *grailer* and 10 Baal GCs.

My Top 5:
Griffon's Eye
Vex
Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amber SC of Vita
Rare Tiara

Code:
[URL="http://img18.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot054lul.jpg"]Griffon's Eye[/URL] *grailer*
Diadem
Defense: 153
Durability: 11 of 20
Fingerprint: 0xd4ff90f3
+101 Defense
25% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to All Skill Levels
+11% to Lightning Skill Damage

[URL="http://img15.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot056g.jpg"]Vex Rune[/URL] [SIZE="1"]best rune ever from a monster for me[/SIZE]
Can be Inserted into Socketed Items

Weapons: 7% Mana stolen per hit
Helms: +5% to Maximum Fire Resist
Armor: +5% to Maximum Fire Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Fire Resist

Required Level: 55

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x93f820aa
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
All Resistances +28
+2 to All Skill Levels

Amber Small Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0x3647e8dd
+18 to Life
Lightning Resist +11%

Doom Brow
Tiara
Defense: 46
Durability: 22 of 25
Fingerprint: 0xbc87a1a0
+23 to Life
All Resistances +12
6% Mana stolen per hit
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
20% Faster Cast Rate

I'm very happy with my overall results and my Top 5. My two most highly sought after items (besides the impossible to find Tyrael's) finally dropped for me, being Griffon's and a Vex (have always hoped for a Vex+ from a monster). And I like the fact that I was able to make a diverse Top 5.

@Callador: p8 minions all the way, didn't see any reason to go p3 this time. So how many runs do you have left, 300-400? Good luck and hope to see your lvl 99 thread soon! 👍

@Ohomemgrande: Ouch! Though it's good to hear you already have a couple of them.

@Vox Dei: Grats on the Lo! Too bad it's not a qualifier but I'm pretty sure you can live with that. :D

@all: Good luck and have fun! Hope you find as many nice items as I did! 👋

Zaliqai - Congrats on 1500! I'm at ~420 and feel like i've been running a lot. Cool finds!

I just found my first grailer of the Baalathon:

Sander's Paragon
Cap
Defense: 3
Required Level: 25
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xcb557373
Attacker Takes Damage of 8
35% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+1 to Defense (Based on Character Level)

My Baaldrops stash is up to 483 items. Best finds from Baal have been a 2OS, good roll Tomb Reaver, doombringer, 3x Aldur's armor, 2 Gheeds, 4 Baal GCs.

Best Minion drops are stormspire, Gnasher, mid runes (Fal, Lem, 2 Ko's).

@ Zaliqai: Congratulations on being the first to finish and on the Vex find (I bet your heart went jumpy when you saw it!) 👍. Hope to see you 99 soon, but for now, enjoy your break from Baal running. It's most deserved!

Zaliqai said:
@Vox Dei: Grats on the Lo! Too bad it's not a qualifier but I'm pretty sure you can live with that. :D

You bet :p. 2 -thons, 2 Lo's. I have nothing to complain about.

Congrats to Zaliqai on the 1500 runs! Nice top 5. :)

I just returned from being out of town for a few days, sat down and did 20 runs. Got myself a grailer... and not only that, it just so happens to be one of my top 3 most wanted items! Not a great roll, but I'll gladly take it, as I've wanted one of these for ages! :jig:

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xf49e2ed3
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
All Resistances +26
+2 to All Skill Levels

Congrats to Zalaqai on finishing first.

Well..... i've got no words to explain how lucky I am. This dropped from Baal on the 12th run of the morning.

@ Ipsi: Now, that's a sight to behold! Not only it's a Ber (1/2 Infinity right there), it is also a qualifier. Congratulations 👍

@Ipsilantee: Whoa!! Congrats!! I assume that'll be in your top 5 by the end. :)

(Baal dropped me a rune today as well... Eld) :p

Well, I'm up to 50 runs. No exciting drops, well maybe thes charms:

Coral Small Charm of Good Luck
Required Level: 33
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xb485d0af
Lightning Resist +8%
7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Ruby Small Charm of Good Luck
Required Level: 33
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xa25914cb
Fire Resist +10%
6% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

oh, and an almost perfectly bad Demonhorn's Edge:

Demonhorn's Edge
Destroyer Helm
Defense: 384
Durability: 41 of 45
(Barbarian Only)
Required Strength: 151
Required Level: 61
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xd5db8b65
+145% Enhanced Defense
4% Life stolen per hit
Attacker Takes Damage of 59
+1 to Masteries Skills (Barbarian Only) <-- 1-3
+1 to Warcry Skills (Barbarian Only) <-- 1-3
+1 to Combat Skills (Barbarian Only) <-- 1-3

Well, at least I passed 3,000,000,000 XP :jig:

So I figured it was time for me to update my runs at least. Besides the Facets I posted earlier the only somewhat interresting item I've gotten so far is a Set Balrog skin.. Will give some more updates by the start of next week...

Originally posted by: @]Callador

Finished.

My finds weren't so good, but I did expect something like that with under 100 MF :p
Luckily I had that TC87 unique drop during the final 5 runs that I had longed for.

TOP5:
Code:
1. Shadow Dancer
Myrmidon Greaves
Defense: 125
Durability: 19 of 24
Kick Damage: 83 to 149
Required Strength: 166
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x853b68d9
+15 to Dexterity
+74% Enhanced Defense
Requirements -20%
30% Faster Run/Walk
30% Faster Hit Recovery
+2 to Shadow Discipline Skills (Assassin Only)

2. Azurewrath
Phase Blade
One-Hand Damage: 114 to 129
Required Dexterity: 136
Required Strength: 25
Sword Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0xfdcc8a
+8 to Strength
+8 to Energy
+8 to Dexterity
+8 to Vitality
+269% Enhanced Damage
Adds 250-500 magic damage
Adds 250-500 cold damage over 10 seconds
+3 to Light Radius
+1 to All Skill Levels
Level 12 Sanctuary Aura When Equipped

3. Azurewrath
Phase Blade
One-Hand Damage: 113 to 128
Required Dexterity: 136
Sword Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0x5ba61fdf
+8 to Strength
+8 to Energy
+8 to Dexterity
+8 to Vitality
+267% Enhanced Damage
Adds 250-500 magic damage
Adds 250-500 cold damage over 10 seconds
+3 to Light Radius
+1 to All Skill Levels
Level 13 Sanctuary Aura When Equipped

4. Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x6ab1733a
Adds 17-45 fire damage
100% Chance to cast Level 31 Meteor When You Die
+5% to Fire Skill Damage
-5% to Enemy Fire Resistance

5. Coral Small Charm of Vita
Fingerprint: 0x61ac54b0
+17 to Life
Lightning Resist +8%

@Zal: Nice! Hope you will get to 99 soon :)

@Ipsi: Giev r00n luck. Grats!

Nice action since my last visit gg everyone 👍

I decided to rebuild my Blizz sorc... Shes currently lvl 81 running Pindle to get some more level. Hopefully Ill be back on race soon. Ill have to trade for some stuff taught

Gahz

200 runs in the books. I'm pretty happy with the drops, 2 Grailers and a few other nice items.

Gratz Callador on 99 and the dual Azurewrath drop!

Had a nice streak the last 20 runs. Wraith Flight, Titan's Revenge, a 3/4 cold die facet, Eschuta's Temper (bad roll though... 1/17/12) and a this grailer. Also one decent rare tiara.

Code:
Giant Skull
Bone Visage
Defense: 429
Durability: 33 of 40
Required Strength: 106
Required Level: 65
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xcb443f7b
+34 to Strength
+314 Defense
Knockback
10% Chance of Crushing Blow
Socketed (2: 0 used)

Wraith Mask
Tiara
Defense: 44
Durability: 23 of 25
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xa9c24f0d
+42 to Life
+2 to Minimum Damage
All Resistances +19
Adds 21-36 fire damage
8% Mana stolen per hit
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels

Ok my first update . I finish my frenzy barb and i decide to run Baal with him . I complete my first runs (13) . I find some uniques and some sets but the only one worth something is :

Goldstrike Arch
Gothic Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 34 to 172
Required Dexterity: 118
Required Strength: 95
Required Level: 46
Bow Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x5610f7c9
+244% Enhanced Damage
Replenish Life +12
114% Bonus to Attack Rating
172% Damage to Demons
153% Damage to Undead
5% Chance to cast Level 7 Fist of the Heavens on striking

Other notes: Im very slow 23 minutes per run :crazyeyes: ! But my character is still in progress so i hope i will be faster...

I had actually an increased heart rate caused by a drop from Diablo minions... (which I didn't have for a while in this game)

UNIQUE SACRED ARMOR

damn, it was Templars.

500 runs done. Clvl 94 reached. Notable finds are posted in the ITF. Time for a break.

I have to admit, I've been a bit slack the past week, only 20 runs to add. Only find of any significance is Pierre tombale couant pole arm and that magic find staff, skull collector I think it's called.

But I don't care. The exp bar is definetely on the downhill run!

Up to ~450 runs (not keeping exact count). My baal-stash (all s/u's he drops and a handful of rares/GCs) is up to 570 items. I'm updating because he just dropped TC87 #2:

The Grandfather
Colossus Blade
One-Hand Damage: 85 to 222
Two-Hand Damage: 198 to 394
Required Dexterity: 110
Required Level: 81
Indestructible
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xd4b074dd
+20 to Strength
+20 to Energy
+20 to Dexterity
+20 to Vitality
+80 to Life
+243% Enhanced Damage
Indestructible
+2 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)

He's dropped both gold and green Collosus Blades, no other TC87s. I have a new favorite runner, will probably do a mat thread sometime soon...

Found my 3rd golden scourge of the Baalathon. Too bad it was dropped by a regular monster in the throne and had no chance of getting to the promised land. Alas, a 3rd Horizon's:

Horizon's Tornado
Scourge
One Hand Damage: 10 - 284
Durability: 52 of 65
Fingerprint: 0xe400fb32
Unidentified
Properties:
255% Enhanced Damage
Requirements -20%
Slows Target by 20%
20% Chance to cast level 15 Tornado on striking
150% Damage to Undead

Baal made up for it on the next run and dropped:
Arkaine's Valor
Balrog Skin
Defense: 1362
Durability: 23 of 30
Required Strength: 165
Fingerprint: 0x3c1dfdfd
Unidentified
Properties:
163% Enhanced Defense
Damage Reduced by 14
30% Faster Hit Recovery
+1 to All Skills
37 to Vitality (Based on Char Lvl)

Hit it pretty hard over the long weekend. Playing D2, cracking easter eggs and avoiding work. It's all good.

Nothing really interesting find wise. I swapped the gore riders out for some war travellers in a vain attempt to find something nice. This last bunch netted;

Rising sun amulet.
Naj's light plate.
The disiple armor. (second one)
Ondal's Helm.
Pompei's wrath. (not one you see often)

Updated my runcount and wanted to report some nice finds too bad I can't seem to get the screen shots working properly (I have copied the install folder and made different for different patches and that could be messing it up). However I got a really nice drop from wave 1, two uniques off of colenzo: Berserker axe and Destroyer helm. None of which I had found in my current SP carreer ^^ Baal seemed kind to give me another Unique I didn't have: Slayer Guard.

So in the same run I found:

Code:
Death Cleaver
Berserker Axe
One-Hand Damage: 90 to 267
Durability: 19 of 26
Required Dexterity: 59
Required Strength: 138
Fingerprint: 0x2e56b506
+277% Enhanced Damage << 3% from perfect! =)
+7 Life after each Kill
-33% Target Defense
66% Deadly Strike

Demonhorn's Edge
Destroyer Helm
Defense: 372
Durability: 24 of 45
(Barbarian Only)
Required Strength: 151
Required Level: 61
Fingerprint: 0xf06aa462
+137% Enhanced Defense
5% Life stolen per hit
Attacker Takes Damage of 70
+3 to Masteries Skills (Barbarian Only)
+2 to Warcry Skills (Barbarian Only)

Arreat's Face
Slayer Guard
Defense: 312
Durability: 28 of 28
(Barbarian Only)
Required Strength: 118
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0xeb7359c2
+20 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity
+158% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +30
5% Life stolen per hit
+2 to Barbarian Skill Levels
30% Faster Hit Recovery

I must be making an Axe-wielding Barb =)

2/3 done, after I get to 1500 runs, i'm going to try taking a small break from d2 :whistling:

Best finds were arachnid mesh, giant skull, and tal rasha's armor.

I manage to make 34 more runs but im out of here. I quit. My character is so weak , i need 20 minutes per run and my findings are dissapointing . I also spend all my money i use high runes to upgrade exceptional--> elite uniques , and lost my patience..... I wish good luck to everyone .

After my HC Necro i will play a Hammerdin and maybe i will be back to Baalthon. But for now i stop running.

EDIT: The only good thing is i manage to take 4 lvls . So now i am ** . First time so high :)

Managed to finish 200 runs, but probably no time here for another 300.
So far only VEX and Templar's Might. 6 minutes per run seems rather slow from what I was used too.

Pumgh: Baal runs are extreme and tough runs. With mediocre melee character, it takes too much time. With some character relying more on skills (preferably with an area of effect) and some kind of fast transport (teleport), it's much easier. So try to build a sorc... ;)

Real life has been severely intruding upon my D2 (and forum) time the past week, but I did squeeze in a few runs here and there.

Best find of the past 40 runs were a Steel Carapace shadow plate and this lovely little jewel...

Ruby Jewel of Daring
Required Level: 58
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xcee72362
+9 to Dexterity
+34% Enhanced Damage

35 More runs in, I'm getting seriously tired of Baal and I just traded for a super poison stick for my PoisonMancer so I'm going to take a break from running Baal for a week or so, I hope to complete my 500 runs during May.

Good Luck everyone!

Some more runs to post up and report. Getting close to level 98 cracking the big 3.2 billion XP mark last night, only 28 million to go.

Finds? Erm, who cares? Oh right ok, well;

IK maul
demonhorn
Hellslayer
sazabi's sword.

The finds have been pretty medicore which really shows the value of having magic find when doing lots and lots of Baal runs.

Quite a few more runs to report, and unlike Asmodeous I've had great finds! Unless Baal drops me 5 Tyraels I expect I have found several of my end-items for this Baalthon.

Started off with a possible rare MF amulet if I ever decide to use a druid for such things(because apparently I've gone insane)
12 str/15 res all/18% MF and 2 druid skills.

For a better amulet I got an *almost* perfect Mara's ammy. So close.

As if to encourage me to get off my butt and make that new bowazon I've been putting off I found a Windforce!

Little bit better find than that Telekinesis version I'd gotten earlier eh? Pretty happy with these Ormus' Robes.

And for the grand finale of the great drops!

On the Stormspire run I debated S&Eing to mule it off as I was paranoid about a power outage or something going wrong, decided that I'd plough through though since the Almighty Random Number Generator appeared to be with me. Perhaps Baal would drop something good too, since even the glorified Fallen did!
[Drumroll please...]
Tada!
A rancid Gas potion, stamina potion, flawless amethyst(the most useless of the gems), 2884 gold, a TP, and a rare battle dart.

I wasn't even aware that Baal was able to drop that bad. :yuck: I must have used up all my luck for that run on the stormspire. Possibly all my luck for the next 500 runs.

Despite that last Baal drop I'm exceedingly pleased with how things are going. Insufferably smug one might say.
And I've still got a few runs left in the -thon!

Code:
Order Heart
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x7d9ce45a
+12 to Strength
All Resistances +15
18% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to Druid Skill Levels

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x4b7999ba
+5 to all Stats
All Resistances +29
+2 to All Skill Levels

Windforce
Hydra Bow
Fingerprint: 0x1de479f2
+10 to Strength
+5 to Dexterity
+250% Enhanced Damage
Heal Stamina Plus 30%
8% Mana stolen per hit <--- wooo!
Knockback
+3 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)

Ormus' Robes
Dusk Shroud
Defense: 450
Durability: 12 of 20
Required Level: 75
Fingerprint: 0xf5ceeac0
Regenerate Mana 12%
+20 Defense
20% Faster Cast Rate
+3 to Fire Ball (Sorceress Only)
+15% to Fire Skill Damage
+15% to Lightning Skill Damage
+14% to Cold Skill Damage

Stormspire
Giant Thresher
Two-Hand Damage: 118 to 336
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0x6dbe155f
+10 to Strength
+195% Enhanced Damage
Lightning Resist +50%
Indestructible

Quick update.
Only 85 runs done. Somehow Baal runs bore me immensely. I'm now throwing in Meph, AT and Pits each run, which makes it less boring but obviously not any faster. :D

Only found item since last update that is worth mentioning: ethereal Steel Carapace (2600+ defense). I think this is the highest defense armor I've ever found (not counting runewords).

Yes, sustained Baal running is tough. I've convinced myself that the only way that I'll ever get a 99'er is if I somehow make Infinity or Enigma and then take a lightning sorc or hammerdin all the way.

Not bloody likely.

As for Baalathon, I'm somewhere around 350 runs completed so I've got a pretty good chance of finishing. I'm in a bit of a drought as far as drops go - nothing memorable since the eth Griffon's Eye a couple pages back.

Congrats on all the nice drops and good luck plodding through!

20 more runs in. Notable finds in the last 20 runs were the Stormspire reported in the ITF, a Gul dagger and the Gut Siphon below, which is a grailer for me! :D

Gut Siphon
Demon Crossbow
Two-Hand Damage: 78 to 120
Required Dexterity: 98
Required Strength: 141
Crossbow Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xde83a7f1
+202% Enhanced Damage
13% Life stolen per hit
33% Chance of Open Wounds
Slows Target by 25%
Piercing Attack [33]

Over 500 runs and the only nice qualifiers are:

Wisp Projector
Ring
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xf5d27922
14% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
18% Lightning Absorb
10% Chance to cast Level 16 Lightning on striking
Level 5 Heart of Wolverine (13/13 Charges)
Level 7 Spirit of Barbs (8/11 Charges)
Level 2 Oak Sage (11/15 Charges)

Lo Rune

Weapons: 20% Deadly Strike
Helms: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
Armor: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist

Required Level: 59

second LO in last two weeks :)

Considering I'm not getting any worthwhile drops with my 303 MF, I think luck is much, much more valuable than MF. :p

I've been picking away at these, but I don't know if I'll make 500 or not before the deadline. The lack of drops has been discouraging. A plain Warshrike is the only thing remotely notable that I can think of in the last 50 runs. Highest rune so far dropped too: Dol

20 more runs down since my last update. Had a nice streak in the last ten runs... Tancred's Hobnails, which surprisingly is a grailer for me, my second ever HoZ and a lovely golden Spiderweb Sash.

Code:
Tancred's Hobnails
Boots
Defense: 2
Durability: 8 of 12
Kick Damage: 3 to 8
Required Level: 20
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x1f1d79a8
+10 to Dexterity
Heal Stamina Plus 25%

30% Faster Run/Walk
+10 to Strength

Herald of Zakarum
Gilded Shield
Defense: 459
Chance to Block:  72%
Smite Damage: 20 to 28
Durability: 44 of 50
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 89
Required Level: 42
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xe6c037e8
+20 to Strength
+20 to Vitality
+172% Enhanced Defense
+30% Increased Chance of Blocking
All Resistances +50
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels
30% Faster Block Rate

Arachnid Mesh
Spiderweb Sash
Defense: 120
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 80
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x7f3ab7a3
+91% Enhanced Defense
Increase Maximum Mana 5%
20% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to All Skill Levels
Slows Target by 10%
Level 3 Venom (10/11 Charges)

This seems pretty quiet lately, so I'll post an update and maybe/hopefully get a little action going for the final push.

I've adjusted my goal from 500 to 250 runs, since there's no way I'm going to squeeze out 300 more in the last month available. For the most part I've lost interest in runs of all types lately, but most especially for WSK/Baal. And I'm at the point in my D2 career that if it isn't interesting, I'm not going to do it for very long.

For items, Baal dropped a Tal's Armor somewhere around run #190. Definitely nice, but after waiting 3 or 4 years to find one on my own, I think I've had 5 or 6 in the last ~18 months, so it's not as exciting as it once was. So far that's the only "good" find I've had from Baal or his minions (a couple of decent finds from WSK too, where I'm still killing ~4-8 random bosses per run). Also got an upgrade on my best rune: Hel

But considering the results of this and bassano's level85 tourney (another 200 WSK/Baal runs there), I'm rather disappointed with my overall results. Stone of Jordan is the only item from that effort (or the few runs inbetween these tourneys) that I remember as being of particular note, and the ~10 level99 grand charms will come in handy in another ~400 PGems (which will give me enough for another 100 crafted amulets & 333 GC rerolls). But for 40+ hours work, that seems rather mediocre.

Oh well, I'll keep plugging along because I know that sooner or later I will find a gooooood item, and the only way to do that is to pay my dues.

Best of luck everyone.

Edit: by the way, it's looking like there's gonna be a pretty small number of eligible winners/voters from this tourney when it's all said & done. :D

Update for me...

I've done about 700 runs or so. I'm not keeping exact count, just keeping every S/U Baal drops. So far my Baal-drop stash is up to 923 S/U's. I think I'm averaging ~1.3 S/U per baal-kill, so that works out to ~ 700 runs. I'm planning on doing a big update once I get to 1000 baal-drops.

Sturnella_Magna, my full-tal's Blizz/Nova gal is performing admirably. She's about half-way to level 95, and is fast and fun. At this point, her blizz-damage is ~6300, and her ice blast damage is ~4200. Life is 2100, mana is ~1400 (after BO). Around level 92, she switched from a prayer/insight merc to a holy freeze/kelpie snare merc. That makes life quite a bit easier - I have plenty of mana to not need insight, and the pan-slowing effect makes him a bunch more "tanky".

Drops? I'd rather not say. Pretty disappointing. Some sweet rares, but only 3 TC87s (none of which are grailers). They are BK Sacred Charge, Grandfather, and Nat's claw.

I'll break it down more when I get to 1k drops...

Yeah!! 400 runs done. I think I'll make it.

I found my 3rd Tal's Armor, 2nd Wizardspike, 5th IKSC (weapon), 3rd Shako, 3rd Aldur's Armor and 12th Cathan's Seal since last I updated.

Still no grailers though :(

Good luck to everyone in the final push to 500. I also fixed bcoe's run count. Maybe I should have left it at 7k but then it would have been out of order.

thanks - 700 is plenty. If I only got 3 TC87's in 7k runs, I'd be really peeved...

Finally! presenting one level 98 Schaeferdin! Now pardon me while I go to sleep for the next week.......

Im back!!!! I will use my hammerdin to complete my 250 runs . I hope there is time to do it...

With only 26 runs shy of the 500 requirement, there is no point stopping now. Understandably I'm rather bored of playing Schaeferdin so, I'll run my avenger for a while.

Good motorvations to reach level 96 for this character. I recently changed his set up slightly, taking out the cresent moon amulet for mara's. I replaced a ring and gloves to make up the lost leeches. The extra +2 to skills increased his damage to 5925-8073, an average of 6,999. Ugh.

This also takes his conviction level to 27 which is a bit of a no no. But, it doesn't really matter. With 20/19/20 skill points in the three vengeance synergy skills, there is hardly anywhere else to spend them. Holy shield is coming from a weapon switch so two skill points in Salvation, Vengeance's other synergy would give about 50 points of damage. Whoopee.

So hence the motorvation. To reach 20/20/20 synergies and the extra 40 points of damage one point in cold resistance will provide to pip the average damage over 7 kay @ 8fps.

And you never know. MF from the grissy set and war travellers may actually find something decent!

I finished 500!! Here's my Flavie (I picked up all green & gold from the waves and Baal).

I've got to take a look at my stash but I think my top 5 will contain DWeb, DFathom, Griffons and a few others. I did have a Steel Pillar drop on run 490 or so and my highest rune was Hel.

Edit 06/01: So I decided that I'd just make my Top 5 all of my TC87's. 4/5 were from the 5 waves and the other one dropped from Baal.

Top 5:
Code:
1. Death's Fathom
Dimensional Shard
One Hand Damage: 30 - 53
Durability: 39 of 50
Fingerprint: 0xb7931230
Unidentified
Properties: 
Fire Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +29%
+3 to Sorceress Skill Levels
20% Faster Cast Rate
[highlight]30% to Cold Skill Damage[/highlight]

2. Death's Web
Unearthed Wand
One Hand Damage: 22 - 28
Durability: 14 of 18
Fingerprint: 0xbbaaffb9
Unidentified
Properties: 
+7 Life after each Kill
+2 to All Skills
+8 to Mana after each Kill
+1 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
-47% to Enemy Poison Resistance

3.  Griffon's Eye
Diadem
Defense: 269
Fingerprint: 0x4365dd11
Unidentified
Properties: 
+184 Defense
25% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to All Skills
15% to Lightning Skill Damage
Ethereal

4.  Steel Pillar
War Pike
Two Hand Damage: 113 - 612
Durability: 19 of 25
Required Dexterity: 106
Fingerprint: 0x21e50a9
Unidentified
Properties: 
59% Enhanced Defense
244% Enhanced Damage
25% Increased Attack Speed
20% Target Defense
Indestructible

5.  Bul-Kathos' Tribal Guardian
Mythical Sword
One Hand Damage: 120 - 150
Durability: 31 of 44
Required Level: 54
Required Strength: 147
Required Dexterity: 124
Fingerprint: 0x71ba66d9
Unidentified
Properties: 
+20 to Strength
200% Enhanced Damage
Fire Resist +50%
+50 poison damage over 2 seconds

@Ohomemgrande: Wow - thats an impressive top 5. I'm over 1k runs and don't have anything close to that (yet...). Congrats!

Enough runs via my avenger to qualify for the 500 runs. Amazing what a little bit of extra MF makes. With perfect war trav boots, 24% from the griswolds set and another thirty something percent from my best gheeds, I found a couple of very pretty toys including a Storm spire, giving me quite a storm spire collection. Two I think now from Baal. (or is it three?)

Interestingly, I ditched the prior new set up as I found I didn't have enough leeches with the maras instead of the cresent moon. With the old set up I had 23/14% leeches and the new setup dropped this to 16/9%. I thought it would be enough but I found I was drinking more red/blue pots during the runs, particularly mana pots against Baal so imho, it is worth loosing 200 odd average damage for the higher leech levels.

I'll keep on running Baal on and off as I please with my avenger, but I highly doubt I'll hit level 96 by the dead line. One day, I'll get there. I want that 20/20/20 level vengeance synergy set up!

Originally posted by: @Wolver

Finally 1500 runs mark reached. My cheesydin has acomplished heck of a running training :)

My top five is:

Lo Rune
Wisp Projector
Metalgrid
Schaefer's Hammer
SOJ

Readouts:

Code:
Lo Rune

Weapons: 20% Deadly Strike
Helms: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
Armor: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist

Required Level: 59

Wisp Projector
Ring
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xf5d27922
14% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
18% Lightning Absorb
10% Chance to cast Level 16 Lightning on striking
Level 5 Heart of Wolverine (13/13 Charges)
Level 7 Spirit of Barbs (8/11 Charges)
Level 2 Oak Sage (11/15 Charges)

Metalgrid
Amulet
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x5a2b7a5a
+407 to Attack Rating
+321 Defense
All Resistances +27
Level 22 Iron Golem (7/11 Charges)
Level 12 Iron Maiden (5/20 Charges)

Schaefer's Hammer
Legendary Mallet
One-Hand Damage: 114 to 139
Required Level: 79
Mace Class - Normal Attack Speed
Indestructible
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x32b830bf
+50 to Life
+128% Enhanced Damage
Lightning Resist +75%
Adds 50-200 lightning damage
+1 to Light Radius
150% Damage to Undead
Indestructible
20% Chance to cast Level 10 Static Field on striking
+8 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)

The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x798d94ef
+20 to Mana
Adds 1-12 lightning damage
Increase Maximum Mana 25%
+1 to All Skill Levels

Other nice qualifiers are: another wisp projector, 1xIKSC, 2xTal's armor, um, arachnid, +2 Arkaine's, 11% Nightwings, 2x Veil of steel, Nat's mark,
2xharlequin, stormshield, steel pillar, mav's diadem, doombringer

I had so nice findings along the way that forgive me but I list them also ;)

another SoJ, anoter Lo rune, Ist rune, Um rune, Stormlash, Windforce, Gris caddy, shield and corona, light skiller +22 life, 2xTal's armor, harlequin, mav's diadem, 2xDeath Cleaver, Occy, another doombringer, 3xRune master, 3xLeviathan, 3xBoneshade, 2xReaper's Toll, bad rolls Tomb Reaver, 3max/18life sc, 6xGheed's

Most often found items:

11xshadowkillers
11xTrang's helm
9xTaebaek's Glory
7xMav's armor
:crazyeyes:

In 1500 runs finds probably could be better but I am definitely not disappointed :)

I think I'll stop mf runs for a while ;)
[/QUOTE]

1500 runs and no tyraels :dontknow:

curse the d2 gods

1500 runs and no tyraels :dontknow:

curse the d2 gods

You really need to check your expectations, of the 13 chars that have reached 99, I think there was [highlight]ONE[/highlight] Tyraels found during the baaling, that's close to 100,000 runs.

You've got a long way to go yet.

What of the guy who found 2 tyraels? He's some where around here. All within 5k runs?

Oh and i was speaking in context of the chap above me about 1500 runs and no tyraels

I have yet to come close to even 1k runs.
1 tyrael out of 13 lvl 99's... OUCH...

Yeah, I'll be posting my top 5 soon. Tyrael's will basically define my top 5, obviously. Other than that, my ~1300 runs or so (for this baalathon) didn't produce much....

I have no idea why I've found 2 Tyrael's. I don't think my luck is particularly good or bad in other areas. For example, in basically 5.5 years of dedicated playing, I've found exactly one HoZ. I'm still looking for Bane Ash. I've got a handful of HRs from questing, but none from tons of LK runs... I just can't explain it, but its this kind of random reward system that is exactly what makes D2 so addicting for me... Its basically no different at a psychological level from a slot machine...

I'm still collecting every S/U Baal drops. When I get tired of running him, I'll post some data about what he drops. So far, since I've been doing that (just this Baalathon), I've completed about 80% of a iLvl 99 grail. There are some interesting patterns, I think...

this supports my theory that the people over at blizzard choose when to drop the rarest stuff on the servers( Lol. Kidding)

but serioulsy, it feels like that sometimes.

Been a while since I updated, here are the finds that pleased me the most out of my 500:
Jeweler's Monarch of Deflecting, 29% Mara's, 8% Windforce, 195% Stormspire, and a +5/-5 die lightning rainbow facet.

Code:
Jeweler's Monarch of Deflecting
Defense: 147
Chance to Block:  62%
Smite Damage: 12 to 34
Durability: 47 of 86
Required Strength: 156
Required Level: 54
Fingerprint: 0x6daec020
30% Faster Block Rate
Socketed (4: 0 used)

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x4b7999ba
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
All Resistances +29
+2 to All Skill Levels

Windforce
Hydra Bow
Fingerprint: 0x1de479f2
+10 to Strength
+5 to Dexterity
+250% Enhanced Damage
Heal Stamina Plus 30%
8% Mana stolen per hit
Knockback
+3 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)

Stormspire
Giant Thresher
Two-Hand Damage: 118 to 336
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0x6dbe155f
+10 to Strength
+195% Enhanced Damage
Lightning Resist +50%
Indestructible

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x411049e4
Adds 1-74 lightning damage
100% Chance to cast Level 47 Chain Lightning When You Die
+5% to Lightning Skill Damage
-5% to Enemy Lightning Resistance

Other things of interest(to me) included my first Gheeds(FINALLY), which rolled well at 36%MF/-14%prices, a 15 fire/15 lightning/14 cold +3 Fireball Ormus' Robes, a couple skillers(though none that are great), some small charms for rerolling, a couple more facets(including a 3/3 poison level up one -_-), 2x arachnid mesh, some random TC87s, and because I'm a bit of a masochist, 5 Horizon's Tornados while getting no Stormlashes -_- Highest rune was a Lum, so no real joy there.

I'm still waiting on that Tal's armor Baal... You dropped quite a few blue ones this -thon, but no green... :whistling: Ah well, just have to wait a bit longer before I make my Tals sorc :(

Thanks for getting things started Virtue, had a lot of fun in this, made for a nice change of pace and has provided a number of items for other characters that I've been questing with lately.

Finished only ~250 runs. Nothing interesting.

:shocked: Tyraels! JMoD!

So, my top 5:

1. Tyrael's Might (really) - dropped by wave 2

Tyrael's Might
Sacred Armor
Defense: 1364
Required Level: 84
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0x782190f0
+30 to Strength
+127% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +20
Requirements -100%
20% Faster Run/Walk
Slain Monsters Rest In Peace
89% Damage to Demons
Indestructible
Cannot Be Frozen

2. The Grandfather (dropped by Baal)
The Grandfather
Colossus Blade
One-Hand Damage: 85 to 222
Two-Hand Damage: 198 to 394
Required Dexterity: 110
Indestructible
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xd4b074dd
+20 to Strength
+20 to Energy
+20 to Dexterity
+20 to Vitality
+80 to Life
+243% Enhanced Damage
Indestructible

3. Steel Pillar (dropped by Baal)
Steel Pillar
War Pike
Two-Hand Damage: 108 to 583
Required Dexterity: 106
Spear Class - Normal Attack Speed
Indestructible
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x6c9f39f8
+55% Enhanced Defense
+228% Enhanced Damage
25% Increased Attack Speed
-20% Target Defense
Indestructible

4. Natalya's Mark (Dropped by Lister)
Natalya's Mark
Scissors Suwayyah
One-Hand Damage: 120 to 153
Durability: 56 of 68
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 118
Required Strength: 118
Required Level: 79
Claw Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x941d53d6
+200% Enhanced Damage
Adds 12-17 fire damage
+50 cold damage over 4 seconds
Ignore Target Defense
200% Damage to Demons
200% Damage to Undead

5. Stormspire (dropped by wave 4)
Stormspire
Giant Thresher
Two-Hand Damage: 118 to 337
Indestructible
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xb0830c79
+10 to Strength
+196% Enhanced Damage
Lightning Resist +50%
Indestructible

The Tyrael's was just a few days ago. Amazing - I'm still in shock. Other highlights for me were two grailers (Herald of Zakarum and Sanders Paragon - the Tyraels was NOT a grailer, believe it or not), and ~80% of a iLvl 99 grail. Got a couple of neat TC3 iLvl 99's, too....

My current plan is to continue running Baal with a goal of ~2.5k S/U's dropped by Baal (currently at ~1700) before I summarize them. I think its an interesting data set.

I've taken a number of characters into the mid-90's during this Baalathon. My favorite for p1/8/3 runs is my blizz/nova sorc, with emphasis on cold damage. My favorite for all /p1 runs is Nova/Orb, with lite facets and lite skillers. With full tals, the nova crushes all the waves without any problems, and a ~720 point orb is fine for Baal or any cold immunes...

Great fun - good luck all.

If bcoe is pure lucker it do not mean that tyrael will rain during baaling. Several players who did many k baals and many k area85 runs never found tyrael that is only bcoe´s incredible luck nothing more.

Its just lightning striking twice. I did many k baal runs before Tyraels, and then got two within a few months. Its weird, my luck is pretty average in every other area. I've got two of those, and none of: Bane Ash, Mang's Song, Earth Shifter, Cranium Basher, Death's fathom. I only have one of Crown of Ages, HoZ, Ghostflame, Windforce, Astreon's, Azurewrath, Sander's Paragon. Probably some others too, thats just off the top of my head...

No good explanation. Frankly, I'd rather have two Bers... not that I'm complaining....

thats just it IMO, pure luck.

Well not as many people posted a top5 as I expected -_-

Here's my rankings for those who did post (in order from favourite/not as favourite ;)). All of whom had some rather nice finds!

1. Ohomemgrande - Death's Web, Death's Fathom *and* some Death's Touchs all in the same -thon! wooo! :p
3. Wolver - Lots of pretty jewelry that can have use on loads of characters, and I've been waiting for a Schaefer's for a couple builds... Loads of things outside your top5 that I'd be happy to have in mine!
2. bcoe - on the strength of the (2nd!) Tyrael's, though he had some other nice finds too(haven't got a that claw yet myself and I'd rather like to make a Natalya Assassin someday.

c'mon, it'll be a sad day if I'm the only one who votes in this, get in here everyone! *bumps thread up to the top*

Wow, a lot of nice finds here! 👍 Unfortunately I didn't manage to do any more runs the last 3 months, so no voting or Top 5 from me. Even if I did post a Top5 it would be something like 5 Cathan's Seals or so...

Kudos to all who managed to reach the goal they aimed for!

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High