[b] iso insanity [/b]

KillaMike

Banned
Nov 22, 2008
iso insanity

well... after playing with hammer din, i came to realization, that he is SLOOOOOOOOW. i dont mean that he is under powered, or he has low deafence rating, or with his always 75% block he isnt safe, he is safer then any char i played, beside zealler with dracs and exile for constant LT, but i am basically looking for something that can out do him in speed.

point of this topic: i am looking for a build that can kill CS in p8 conditions faster then safe-slow-hammer-paladin-tm

to be affective, that build has to have good teleporting speed, so amazon's are sooo out with they DREADFUL fcr table. barbs out as well, iron maiden is just going to kill them, unless using hoto's on switch for fcr and using zerk to kill seal bosses ( possibly fastest cs char????????? ) but i am not big fun of barbs, and he ll be poor baal room assistant, next coming up is druid: i only played with fussier, is elemental dudu fast in p8 conditions and can kill seal bosses with diablo under 2 minutes as tops? next character: necro mancer, i know summoner would be too slow to gain his army, but he is not slow after that, but he doesnt fit into my time limit, but bone mancer :scratchchin: can he do cs REALLY fast and being dentist effective in other places for mf and good AOE pwnage?

now... hammerdin: i hate them so much, that i ve made another one. he is not fun, and i refuse to make another hammer din. only smiter din to kill ubers.

sorc: build i got in mind is in this post with following gear and stats allocation here 3rd reply.

any one got any thoughts what can be fun and insanely fast to kill everything in his / her path?

P.S. defiance is not priority, but is something to consider, HC player after all. ( saying this, i will have bo barb in game with lvl 40+ bo to boost me. )

Re: iso insanity

I'd vote on the sorc, except go with Full ES + Nova (or maybe Charged Bolt) instead of Lightning. Nova's damage will be enough, even in a full game, because of it's great area of effect.

But most importantly you'll be able to teleport into the midst of anything and mow it down with reasonable safety. With a big enough mana supply you won't really even need to worry that much about Manaburn (manaburn + extra fast can still be a problem though).

And I find Nova to be a fun build because it's played so aggressively and fast - which sounds like something you're looking for.

Edit: Just remembered that killing Diablo with Nova+ES will suck. Take the charged bolt variant instead.

Edit2: I'd be tempted to stick the Infinity on the merc so you have an easier time getting PDR/MDR and FCR all together. Probably something like:

Crescent Moon
Spirit
Vipermagi (Sol or facet)
Griffons
Arachnid's Mesh
Frostburns
2xSoJ
Powered amulet of Life Everlasting
Silkweaves

CtA, anni/torch, etc.

you are close to what i was originally thinking, how ever:

dont need cta when i got BO barb in game ( me on second account ) instead i ll be using 9es stick.

reason why i am going to self wear infi is: CS = merc dies every 2nd run, expensive to revive him that often. ( well... annoying at any rate ) and mana regen from insight is too godly to miss out on.

tbh i dont like spirit, not because it is bad shield, or bad stats on it, its only because it can be made in monarch. thats shield requires INSANE str, and imo not worth wearing one.

fcr is not a problem, i hit 120 fcr with following gear ( copy and paste from another topic):

eth infinity scythe for sexy looks.
upped viper magi with gul / shael ( 5% max mana or 20fhr )
griffon eye with RBF in it
arach belt
soj
soj
upped mage fist
silkweave boots
sorc amulet with 2 skills 20 fcr and other godly mods as add on

1 torch + 1 anni with 3-4 skillers and 2-3 mana GC.

memory staff on switch for awesome level 40 ES.

and in my eyes, this set up is just godly :thumbup: like you said, with high mana pool, you dont really care about even mana burns ( and i know this by my own experince, had 5k mana and killed diablo in trist with similar build in.... under 20 secs )

so again, there is nothing but sorc to chose? i still am looking for more opinions about other builds that can handle CS fast and still be great fun in other parts game on hell mode :)

I can see your points, but I don't entirely agree with all of them. To each his own though. ;)

The one thing I will comment on is that you're lacking in PDR. I'd at least stick a Sol in your Vipermagi, as I think that would do more for you than a Shael or Gul (which provide things you can cover with charms).

I can see your points, but I don't entirely agree with all of them. To each his own though. ;)

The one thing I will comment on is that you're lacking in PDR. I'd at least stick a Sol in your Vipermagi, as I think that would do more for you than a Shael or Gul (which provide things you can cover with charms).

its another thing that been bugging me: whats better: ber or sol?

With Full ES, definitely Sol. If 10 damage gets past your mana pool, Sol removes 70% of that, Ber removes 8% of it...

Different strokes for different folks I guess, but I didn't like the kill speed of my self-wielding Infi Nova Sorc. I had all the gear (Griff's etc) except for the skillers; perhaps with 7 skillers it would be doable, but then you have no room to pick anything up. In 1-player games it's ok though.

With pure vita Berserk Barb you can simply tele to the seals and kill the seal bosses, very fast and with good %pdr and a shield relatively safe too. No IM worries either. The only problem is leech; you could use a Prayer merc with cracked Voulge Insight I guess. It's true though that if you want to Baal run (or run areas) then this is not the best choice.

Pure Light vita Sorc compares well to Hammerdin's dmg and has teleport. You need to have cracked Voulge Infi on the merc for optimum power and IM-safety though - and another weapon in stash for unbreakable Light Immunes.

Then there's Trapper but I have no experience of them. Not as fast as Light sorc from what I have observed, but safer since you can stand back and let your traps fire.

any one got any thoughts what can be fun and insanely fast to kill everything in his / her path?

Building my 2nd infy-kicker, this char is beast and fun to play.

But she can't clear whole chaos under 2min in full game. My goal for this char is clearing chaos (3-4 players game) under 2min. And soloing uber tristram.

Its almost pure trapper, with one point in dtalon. She holds infy at herself and uses faith merc. She drops those lightning traps (max laying speed) and then change to infy side and start throwing those fire blast (with max speed again, 3-4k fire blast do serious damage with conv aura around).
Against bosses/double immunes after conv, she uses that 1-point dtalon. With both conv and fana aura around, she don't have ar problems.

I need to BO myself (only lvl 19 BO, not even close to barb lvls), but that 3k (or little less) life is good enough to survive and she can use fade all the time, so ~30% damage reduced with shako.

Good tele speed, all resist max, max trap laying speed, conv and fana auras, merc survives everywhere and no immune problems.
My goal is those 2-4 players games, I have even 130 run speed without burst of speed, so I don't waste much of time in town either.

fun, check
insanely fast, check
kills all (even black diablo without changing any items), check

But I am testing my current one at the moment, those numbers/speed were based on my 1st build (in prev ladder). This has much better items, so hopefully this turn out much much better.

edit:
Just soloed whole act4, izu,hephasto and dia all went down within ~5 seconds, clearing chaos took around 2min. Char is still low lvl (79) and only 2 skillers at the moment and 8 skill points remaining.
edit2: She is lvl83 now, at the moment 5-player chaos is doable, but takes time. Seems that 3-4 players setup is max for this kind of char for clearing chaos very fast. At least with my items, I need CTA at switch, so ~lvl40 traps are max for me.

Last edited:

@ DH amazon, i like your build, but problem with is, i need to clear p8 cs under 2 mins, other wise i ll miss way too much time experience, but if you could manage whole CS in 2 mins limit, and p8 conditions, i ll give her a go :p

@ Greizer, i know barbs can be over powered, but problem is that:

a) not big fun of barbs, and not great at AoE but... they would be quite slow in pits and other area cleaning places ( like WSK with knights and CS )

b) iron maiden is something to look out for, something i am rather not to do ( but reading notes on IM from patch update, it could be fix, then i might consider barb not only for boing ^^ )

@ DH amazon, i like your build, but problem with is, i need to clear p8 cs under 2 mins, other wise i ll miss way too much time experience, but if you could manage whole CS in 2 mins limit, and p8 conditions, i ll give her a go :p
I tried chaos in full game, not even near 2min. I can't kick at all there when iron maiden cursing knights are near and chaos is full of fire immunes anyway, so fire blast is useless. At least clearing worldstone lvls and soloing full game throne/baal went smoothly, so its good for me. Verdict: this is useless char for your purpose.

I tried chaos in full game, not even near 2min. I can't kick at all there when iron maiden cursing knights are near and chaos is full of fire immunes anyway, so fire blast is useless. At least clearing worldstone lvls and soloing full game throne/baal went smoothly, so its good for me. Verdict: this is useless char for your purpose.

so unfortunate, i had big hopes for assassins with death traps and lighting traps, but constant merc rips would mean fact that i ll waist my time going to town and reviving him instead of killing everything in my sight.

any other suggesting about build that could do job i require of him/her? :)

so unfortunate, i had big hopes for assassins with death traps and lighting traps, but constant merc rips would mean fact that i ll waist my time going to town and reviving him instead of killing everything in my sight.
I forgot that I used blade fury in my previous build against those fire immunes, when I can't kick. My infy is in thresher, so blade fury does some damage and infy has monster cannot heal mod too. Luckily my char is only lvl86 so far, so getting those 3 skills points for fury are not problem.

By the way, I agree that hammerdins feel slow(ish)... but with enough practice, they can get pretty fast.

the three main chars for dia spot in baalruns are zerker, hdin and bone necro.

i tested a telezon that i liked very much, but won´t kill dia within 2 minutes in 8 player game.

the three main chars for dia spot in baalruns are zerker, hdin and bone necro.

i tested a telezon that i liked very much, but won´t kill dia within 2 minutes in 8 player game.

hdins are boring :p
zerkers got BIG mana issies in cs
boners... are they good, like really gozu? ^^ i ve heard ( never seen one ) that they can do cs faster then any other char, but never seen it, or another person to back him up.

and with boners, are they able to do Cows in hell mode fast enough? :p

hdins are boring :p
zerkers got BIG mana issies in cs
boners... are they good, like really gozu? ^^ i ve heard ( never seen one ) that they can do cs faster then any other char, but never seen it, or another person to back him up.

and with boners, are they able to do Cows in hell mode fast enough? :p

i´ve seen videos where they´ve been very fast. but never tried that build, so can´t speak for cows. u could try a teleporting avenger or FoH pala. they should be able kill very fast, but i have no experience with those or numbers to back this statement up.

standard chars are boring most of the time...but usually they are very good in what they are build for.

Go for a psn/summoner if you have the gear. Use Mages to ignore the IM problem. Revives as meat shields. switch between LR/PN/CE and summons and you are good to go. Dia should've died @ two mins.

a tweaked out Kick/Trap'sin can clear CS faster than a hammerdin.

gogo Corpse Explosion!

not quite as safe as a hammy, one Iron Maiden at the wrong moment can ruin your day.

Go for a psn/summoner if you have the gear. Use Mages to ignore the IM problem. Revives as meat shields. switch between LR/PN/CE and summons and you are good to go. Dia should've died @ two mins.

at p8 poison isnt that good, and i ll need to change from enigma to brable to get nice psn damage, and he is looking at about 3 mins killing speed ( i ve tested him )

a tweaked out Kick/Trap'sin can clear CS faster than a hammerdin.

gogo Corpse Explosion!

not quite as safe as a hammy, one Iron Maiden at the wrong moment can ruin your day.

more likely my entire wealth. i am hc player :)

It's pretty common knowledge among the baalrunners that zerkers are the fastest and safest character. Mana isn't an issue at all. Clueless people use dual hoto whereas people with a bit of brain use hoto + spirit. However, I don't know if you rely on killing diablo yourself. If you do, you should go for a paladin.

But as Krupa said... Zerker > Hdin > Boner. Sure you can go for a different class, but other classes can't keep up with the zerkers, hdins and boners.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High