Avenger Paladin Questions

hackedagainanda

Jun 4, 2015
I'm currently leveling at norm baal til I can equip my Famine Berserker axe.

I'm using some pdr gear and treachery armor for ias and was wondering what charms to use? I have plenty of max damage charms but was curious if I would be better served by elemental damage charms for the synergy with conviction. On the other hand, more flat damage = more leech so I really don't know.

I've never made an avenger before, but I figured I may as well use the runeword famine it seems to good to sit and collect virtual dust in a stash.

Also any gear advice for an avenger would be very much appreciated!

If you are talking about 1.07 maxxers, I would use them. Lightning Large (not Grand) Charms offer the most elemental damage per square IIRC at 1-90. But the max damage gets scaled by Vengeance, the elemental charms are not of course.

If you are talking about Sharp GCs.... I think I would probably still use them.

I think min/max damage charms are best for vengeance because each point of min/max is boosting your weapon damage, which also then boosts your elemental damage from vengeance. As you mentioned, more physical damage also equals better leeching.

Vengeance = min/max damage charms
This is to maximize your vengeance damage. Your aim is to hit hard since you attack relatively slow. Pallys don't really have an elemental mastery so those elemental charms don't really get much boost aside from conviction.

Conviction zealots = Elemental damage charms
With zealots, you get those damage off much faster keeping up DPS.

Last edited:
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High