ATMA Bugging and D2 Resurrected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zod bugging in 1.07 to 1.09 remains OK, as long as there is some evidence to support it. I think we would all be a bit suspicious of "Here is my new Ethereal Grief Zerker which I made by unsocketing a Zod I found in 1.09" without some kind of evidence (like a screenshot) of the Zod drop.

Good luck finding those 1.09 Zods though :D

Reactions: saracen85
@maxicek
I think we would all be a bit suspicious of "Here is my new Ethereal Grief Zerker which I made by unsocketing a Zod I found in 1.09" without some kind of evidence
Suddenly I come to think of a barbarian from a long time ago in a single player forum far far away...

While I have never found a Zod rune nor used ATMA I think it is clear that Atma-bugging is a detestable practise:
Atmabugging.jpg

@Maltatai
Ah yes, a hacking legend :)
*Leans back in the armchair with a whisky*
Remember those "I cubed up every rune I ever found and made a Zod" posts? Those were the days...

@Gynli Agreed, ladder RWs for all would make my life much easier too.

Reactions: Grisu
@Kartongen you dont need a zod. I haven't seen it mentioned explicitly yet, but from what I understand, the most common way to use this was to put an oath runeword (for indestructible mod) in eth zerker axes, then hel it out for a grief base. Always just seemed like such cheese to me, but I know I wasn't around for those old days.
I think you mean Death, not Oath.

Yep, I'm on board with this too, but I've never use the bug so I'm not losing anything. If I play D2R (without a functioning mule program it is not all that attractive to me) I don't think I'd bring any characters/equipment forward anyway.

Yep, I'm on board with this too, but I've never use the bug so I'm not losing anything. If I play D2R (without a functioning mule program it is not all that attractive to me) I don't think I'd bring any characters/equipment forward anyway.
Not to turn this into a D2:R discussion, but I'm actually looking forward to play a few characters without access to a giant stash. I've never done it. It would streamline play and help (for me, at least) really get a feel for what's truly necessary to beat hell.

Reactions: D2DC
On that note, does that mean that there is going to be a pre/post D2R split? I guess if we are banning something one and not the other, there would have to be?
I don't think there needs to be any/additional split. As it stands right now, we still have to declare if we've used or had any contact with ATMA bugged items. People can choose whether or not to trade or interact because of that.

The big bonus would be if D2R puts ladder only RWs in SP. Then, there won't be as much a divide between VAN and FAM players.

Reactions: Swamigoon
I don't think there needs to be any/additional split. As it stands right now, we still have to declare if we've used or had any contact with ATMA bugged items. People can choose whether or not to trade or interact because of that.

The big bonus would be if D2R puts ladder only RWs in SP. Then, there won't be as much a divide between VAN and FAM players.

Ah, the word 'ban' threw me off. Ban is absolute, and to me different to something that has to be admitted prior to interacting. If it is a ban then there can be no interaction at all, otherwise it would not be a ban.

@Kitteh - Even if it transitions from "frowned upon" to a "ban", I would hope that members will not have to be split up because of it?

I for example, have ATMA bugged item(s). I also have no problems moving forward with a ban. However, I don't plan on doing a full restart. And, if I am able to import my old characters/items into D2R, then my "ATMA bug taint" will continue to exist there. Forcing me, and anybody that interacted with me to be segregated seems quite harsh. It should be more of a reconciliation, stated in trading profile: "I have used ATMA bugged items in the past, but no longer do so". If anyone still has a problem with it, they can absolutely refrain from any interaction with those players. But, for the purposes of the community, I think we should be putting everyone together: those who have used ATMA bug in the past (but commit to no longer doing so) + those who have never used it.

@maxicek - are we proposing that everyone delete their bugged items?

@Kitteh - Even if it transitions from "frowned upon" to a "ban", I would hope that members will not have to be split up because of it?

I for example, have ATMA bugged item(s). I also have no problems moving forward with a ban. However, I don't plan on doing a full restart. And, if I am able to import my old characters/items into D2R, then my "ATMA bug taint" will continue to exist there. Forcing me, and anybody that interacted with me to be segregated seems quite harsh. It should be more of a reconciliation, stated in trading profile: "I have used ATMA bugged items in the past, but no longer do so". If anyone still has a problem with it, they can absolutely refrain from any interaction with those players. But, for the purposes of the community, I think we should be putting everyone together: those who have used ATMA bug in the past (but commit to no longer doing so) + those who have never used it.

@maxicek - are we proposing that everyone delete their bugged items?
Oh I agree, definitely don't want members split up. I might have misunderstood what maxicek said, but the understanding that I got from it was that it was an absolute ban. I'm sure that the best solution will be worked out for these kind of things though, even if we need more information to do so. I don't think that anybody wants to be splitting the forum up into groups :)

Reactions: Jocular and D2DC
  • For 1.13 / 1.14 players: ATMA bugged weapons will still be permitted but discouraged as per the rules.
  • For D2R Players: ATMA bugged weapons will not be permitted.

Pretty much as @D2DC said, I thought I was clear above, but maybe not clear enough.

I'm planning on handling it exactly as when we banned RRM in 1.13. We won't segregate, basically everyone will be in one pot. The issue of taint will be ignored in terms of trading etc, but having used ATMA bugging in the past will need to be declared in Trade profiles. Traders can then choose not to trade with us dirty people if they don't want to.

By banned I mean no ATMA bugged items will be permitted in D2R. If you made them, keep them in 1.14d. If you move all your items into D2R, you have to delete the ATMA bugged items.

Hope that clarifies things. Ultimately I will need to write this into rules, but it is a bit early to do that at the moment. The main purpose of this thread is to give people a warning so that they can think about stockpiling runes for non-ATMA bugged RWs, or not waste runes on items they can't take into D2R.

Oath is only for those wacky 4os runewords haha.

Actually the wacky 4os RWs are the ones I will miss the most. Ethereal Grief Zerkers I can easily live without, but my Ethereal Passion and Kingslayer will be more difficult to leave behind. They really make a big difference to underpowered builds.

Agreed.

On that note, does that mean that there is going to be a pre/post D2R split? I guess if we are banning something one and not the other, there would have to be?

D2R will be a new version (1.15, 2.0 ?). The usual "no going backwards" rule will apply, so there will inevitably be a split.

Last edited:
Actually the wacky 4os RWs are the ones I will miss the most. Ethereal Grief Zerkers I can easily live without, but my Ethereal Passion and Kingslayer will be more difficult to leave behind. They really make a big difference to underpowered builds.

Yeah, I was pretty bummed out not able to try out an atma-bugged passion after making one. The damage boost looks quite substantial. Even had an Eth Kingslayer planned out. Now I still have a 1.07 eth BA sitting in stash, not sure what to do with it (No use for another Oath).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High