ATMA Bugging and D2 Resurrected

Status
Not open for further replies.
@saracen85 You can still use them, but you will have to do it in 1.14d - There will be no change to the current rules for 1.14d. The limited stash size of D2R compared to GoMule will mean most people will have to leave the bulk of their equipment there anyway, and only forward what is absolutely required. I'm expecting to be playing both for a while, at least until we can (hopefully) get GoMule working with D2R.

Alternatively you just have to play at /p3 instead of /p5.

Reactions: saracen85
For those interested, here is my reaction before counting my ebugged items:
##################################################################
Pretty much as @D2DCActually the wacky 4os RWs are the ones I will miss the most. Ethereal Grief Zerkers I can easily live without, but my Ethereal Passion and Kingslayer will be more difficult to leave behind. They really make a big difference to underpowered builds.
#That was my first thought.

#I have a clarifying question. My current understanding is that I *could* use my atmabugged items in 1.14d and occasionally move found items to D2R. Is that right, or will there probably be a rule against that?

#I'm fairly attached to my zeal barb (ebugged Passion BA), so I probably will not be moving him into D2R, with this restriction. (Now, if I doooo find another cham, well, then there's no reason to leave him in 1.14d....I'll just keep a stash with items that are not moving to D2R.)

#More general comments, not directed at @maxicek, below:

#As someone else in the thread mentioned, I will probably do a restart in D2R, at least initially, so there's no immediate issue for me.

#I do find it a bit distasteful, in this discussion, to refer to a practice that our current rules allow in a negative way, but that is what "frowned upon" means, and I knew about that when I started using the bug. If atma bugging was never a thing, that'd be preferable to me. At this point, my strongest (and most fun) characters are so strong largely because of atma bugging. I may never move anything from 1.xx into D2R (which I've preordered) at all. Hmmmm.

#I will add that I think being a part of this forum is far more useful/fun than a handful of items, so I don't plan on withdrawing from the forum in favor of continuing to use those items. I'm not happy about the "change" only because I spent most of my resources on making those items (I've been away from D2 for ~10 years).

#Hey, maybe they'll add torches and annhilus to SP, and I'll have nothing to complain about. :)
##################################################################

Okay, you got that? Guess how many ebugged items I have. Go on. (This should be fun!)

#I have a clarifying question. My current understanding is that I *could* use my atmabugged items in 1.14d and occasionally move found items to D2R. Is that right, or will there probably be a rule against that?
There already is a rule against this - See 3.4a
#I'm fairly attached to my zeal barb (ebugged Passion BA), so I probably will not be moving him into D2R, with this restriction. (Now, if I doooo find another cham, well, then there's no reason to leave him in 1.14d....I'll just keep a stash with items that are not moving to D2R.)
+3 Passion War Scepter in the off hand, Death / Grief in the primary. You won't regret it if you are hitting with the Passion :)
#I do find it a bit distasteful, in this discussion, to refer to a practice that our current rules allow in a negative way, but that is what "frowned upon" means, and I knew about that when I started using the bug. If atma bugging was never a thing, that'd be preferable to me. At this point, my strongest (and most fun) characters are so strong largely because of atma bugging. I may never move anything from 1.xx into D2R (which I've preordered) at all. Hmmmm.
The practice is already discouraged by the rules, and has been for some time (2.7)

The practice is already discouraged by the rules, and has been for some time (2.7)
I really don't get why that "discouraged" is even in the rules, either you allow it or you don't. Right now it's allowed, case closed.

Dangerously close to a rules discussion, but I will answer :)

By marking it as discouraged, Thyiad & I thought that it would highlight that we didn't want people to do it, but without penalising those who already had. Now we have a logical breakpoint, the next step is this one, banning it completely.

I plan on revising the rules for D2R and eliminating "discouraged" anyway - This item is the only one that is really a major issue anyway I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High