ATMA Article

Leord

Oct 17, 2007
ATMA Article

Hello!

I have just started an article about the favourite SP muling program, [WIKI]ATMA[/WIKI].

Basically, the idea is to make it a lot like the [WIKI]Diii.net[/WIKI] article and you guys in here knows this a LOT better than me.

Could anyone help out and adding some flesh to the bones of the ATMA article in DiabloWiki?

Re: ATMA Article

Hmm, i dont want to rain on your parade, but isnt Atma no longer supported and we all will switch to GoMule soon with 1.13 messing them both up and only GoMule still being worked on ?

( Just some rumors i think i read around here, i would be glad to be proven wrong, as i still use Atma. )

As far as silos said (without much testing), only thing that needed a fix for ATMA/GoMule to work with 1.13 was the new items. And silos did that fix both for ATMA and GoMule already.

That's nice :D Guess i missed that quite important bit of info in the 1.13 thread.

Not without modification. Silo posted about it somewhere on this forum, with a link from the now 30 page long thread about 1.13....

GoMule is far better than ATMA, though ATMA deserves many thanks for being the first, and giving us the playstyle that we've enjoyed for years.

Edit: The plusses I see are speed for larger stash sizes and the filtering. I also like that you can't loot dead characters and can't see map seeds... more true to the spirit of the game. But using Java is a plus too, and continued support is a major bonus. Anyone who hasn't given it a try really should.

Last edited:

GoMule is far better than ATMA, though ATMA deserves many thanks for being the first, and giving us the playstyle that we've enjoyed for years.

Indeed. GoMule is also platform agnostic, meaning people running Linux and Mac OS X can use it as well.

GoMule is also still being actively developed, whereas ATMA isn't.

I'd suggest any effort into a wiki or article on SP muling focuses on GoMule.

Edit: The plusses I see are speed for larger stash sizes and the filtering. I also like that you can't loot dead characters and can't see map seeds... more true to the spirit of the game. But using Java is a plus too, and continued support is a major bonus. Anyone who hasn't given it a try really should.

I'm willing to give it a try, but what about map recovery? I mean, in the legit kind, of course: recovering a map that is lost by accidently clicking the wrong difficulty. Although this may be a thing of the past with the new difficulty hotkeys.

Also, can I convert my ATMA stashes to GoMule stashes?

GoMule will read your ATMA stashes... no problem there. If you haven't tried it, you really should. Stashes open instantly, even if ten or twenty times larger than I ever would have made on ATMA. I remember opening stashes and going to the bathroom to give them time to load.

You could still load a character into ATMA to find a map seed I suppose... but I wouldn't use it for muling anymore.

Ok, so far so good. I'm still getting used to the GuMule interface. One thing I was wondering, in ATMA I used different stashes for equipment/runes/gems/etc. to prevent long loading times. Can I really dump everything in one stash without having to worry about loading times? This is on a P500 with 64MB RAM, mind you.

Also, seeing my Flavie report was really cool!

I don't have any way to test your performance... but it's got to be better than ATMA.

So, to get more on point about ATMA and not GoMule, ATMA wasn't just something that helped mule and organize stashes, it allows players to create an "Unlimited Stash" that they could dump a plethora of items into at one time, and then proceed to search through the whole thing, or filter them based on item type by weapon, type of weapon, or body armor/helm/shield, etc. (Although GoMule added a more advanced filtering method).

ATMA also allows people in single player to view the "Item Fingerprint" and "Item Level" that each item in the game has(aside from runes and a few others) which made the overall ability to trade in single player much less risky. By looking at item levels and checking for duplicate fingerprints from items that were downloadable in single player, it let people be aware if someone was trying to rip them off or throw around hacked items.

Also, ATMA is responsible for causing the most epic of forum drama long ago in the dark ages. Many lives were lost and millions of lives were changed.

Oh, and there was a shark, too. And a dragon.

And I think someone went super saiyan.

It was awesome.

Ok, so far so good. I'm still getting used to the GuMule interface. One thing I was wondering, in ATMA I used different stashes for equipment/runes/gems/etc. to prevent long loading times. Can I really dump everything in one stash without having to worry about loading times? This is on a P500 with 64MB RAM, mind you.

Also, seeing my Flavie report was really cool!

I would not recommend doing this. Eventually, once your stash gets to around 6K - 10K items (depending on your RAM), it won't work any more :)

That's why there's an 'all item' view in the left panel, so you can add all different stashes and then open them all at once, as if they were all one stash.

That's why there's an 'all item' view in the left panel, so you can add all different stashes and then open them all at once, as if they were all one stash.

I recently got over 10k items, and the "all" stash does take a few seconds to load (dual core, 4gig ram). Very handy feature though.

Sorry about the off topic.

Also, ATMA is responsible for causing the most epic of forum drama long ago in the dark ages. Many lives were lost and millions of lives were changed.

Oh, and there was a shark, too. And a dragon.

And I think someone went super saiyan.

It was awesome.

You mean the deal with e-bugging in ATMA?

You mean the deal with e-bugging in ATMA?

Those weren't the dark ages. That's the equivalent of the 70's in SPF history.

We're talking about like... The French Revolution.

Because as I recall we had quite a number of French forumites at the time.

Damn French, making things difficult for us.

ATMA changed the way SP players played the game, dramatically. The forum was divided over the choice to adopt it as a standard or reject it as a cheat. It was a lively debate.

Ah, I wasn't around back then. Or at least not in the SPF; I used to be a bnetter that traded for HR's. :embarassed:

I never thought that there would have been a debate, since just about everyone uses a muling application.

Say, one more question: is it OK if I use GoMule to transfer items from previous patches forward (and I'm not taking them back, of course)? I don't really see why not, but I thought I'd ask. I haven't decided whether I want to stay in 1.13, but my sorceress could use some stuff, so I'd like to transfer some lowely items that I don't really need that much in 1.12.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High