Astrape, a dual Dream Zealing Enchantress

PhineasB

Guide Author
Mar 14, 2020
Originally posted by @T72on1 on June 25, 2017

Astrape, a dual Dream Zealing Enchantress

This thread will be devoted to the Sorceress in my Oskill Sept. The principle of the Sept is simple: every character will use an oskill as main attack. In the case of Astrape this oskill is Zeal, granted through the Passion runeword:
Code:
Passion
+25% Increased Attack Speed
+160-210% Enhanced Damage (varies)
50-80% Bonus To Attack Rating (varies)
+75% Damage To Undead
+50 To Attack Rating Against Undead
Adds 1-50 Lightning Damage
+1 To Berserk
+1 To Zeal
Hit Blinds Target +10
Hit Causes Monster To Flee 25%
75% Extra Gold From Monsters
Level 3 Heart of Wolverine (12 Charges)

This character will be played on SC SP, twinked. Player setting will be adjusted depending on killing speed. For most of my twinked characters this means /p8 for at least normal and nightmare. This will most likely not be any different for this character. On the contrary, this one should be able to kill just fine on that setting, even in Hell !!! Respecs are allowed. In my past 2 Septs this was only allowed to optimize stat distribution, but for this Sept any respec is allowed. I'm not going to level up that Wolfbarb to 79 with just normal attack available ... :). I will try to keep respecs somewhat limited to the theme. So for example this character won't be a Charged Boltress early on, or that Bear Paladin a Hammerdin.

On to the plan ...

Character name

Astrape. Inspiration for the name was found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrape_and_Bronte.

Build

Zealing Sorc with heavy focus on Lightning damage through Lightning Mastery and a Dream runeword helm and shield.

Planned skill layout

Enchant, Warmth, Fire Mastery and Lightning Mastery: maxed

Teleport, Static Field, Frozen Armor and Cold Mastery: 1 point

Rest of points: most likely Frost Nova; I don't really see another useful skill

Planned endgame gear

Note: with my planned endgame weapon, a Passion Phase Blade, my attack speed is at 7/8/8/8/13. I need 29% ias for a 6/8/8/8/11 attack, 40% ias to reach the 6/7/7/7/11 breakpoint. Which breakpoint I take, will determine my gear choices. I'm inclined to go with the slower, more damaging setup at the moment though.

- Helm: Dream Tiara

Screenshot090.jpg

Terrible roll, but I'll have to do with it :(.

- Body Armor: Chains of Honor

+2 skills, huge resists, DR% ... tailor made for this character. Even more so because this character will lack resistances, certainly if my Dream shield has the same low roll.

- Belt: Arachnid's Mesh

+ skill, fcr (more on that later) and some slow

- Boots: rares with resists, frw and fhr

With my other gear, I'll probably need resists, frw and fhr here.

- Gloves: Magefists / 20% ias gloves

Magefists if going for most +skills, with some fcr to boot; 20% ias gloves (many options here) if going for the hightest attack speed breakpoint

- Amulet: Mara's Kaleidoscope / Highlord's Wrath

Mara's for most +skills and much needed resists; Highlord's if going for the highest attack speed breakpoint

- Ring 1: Ravenfrost

CBF and massive AR

- Ring 2: Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band

+skill, life, life steal

- Weapon: Passion Phaseblade

- weapon switch: CtA and Spirit shield
Not sure about the Spirit Shield yet, as it has very high strenght requirements, but I want to reach the 63% fcr breakpoint, in which case I need the Spirit or swap out the Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band

No socketing options, as I'll use nothing but runewords there.

As I said, I'm inclined to use the first option, as the other one, while reaching the highest attack speed breakpoint, would net me lower damage and give me a much harder time reaching acceptable resistances

Merc

Act 2 BA, Holy Freeze or Might Merc with Infinity, Treachery or Fortitude and Andariel's Visage

Items from the above list I still have to farm

Good base for the Dream Shield, although I have a 3os Troll Nest, which I'm tempted to use.

Build before Passion

Melee Enchantress all the way !!!

Note on fcr

I'd like to hit the 63% fcr breakpoint, which would mean Spirit shield, Magefists and Arachnid's Mesh. Slower always feels bad on a Sorc, even if she doesn't (really) use skills that rely on fcr. Moreover, for this character I plan to do a different playthrough. The intention is to have a break of the usual zones to level in, and instead level up as much as possible in side zones that are usually being skipped. Think The Cave in Act 1, Swampy Pit in Act 3 or Abaddon in Act 5. So I'll try to run / teleport past enemies to those locations without killing any other enemies as much as possible, as see if I can keep up with the leveling curve that way. Obviously this doesn't apply to zones that need to be visited for certain quests. Because of this different approach, I definitely think I'll want 63+% fcr.

That's about it as far as the theory is concerned. Time to start things in practice. I will give frequent (hopefully) updates here as I progress. As I said before, suggestions, criticism, advice is more than welcome to help me get the most out of this character.

Definitely want to see how this works out. I'm still wondering about Grief and it's potential in terms of life leech and survivability. Also the 63FCR would be a must for me. It feels weird not at least hitting that point.
Very interesting build, good luck and I'll try to follow the progress.

Small suggestions:
* How about some points in TStorm? Looks like a good combo with the '25% to flee' on passion.

* I would consider some crafted items here, especially caster belt (resists, str, fcr, fhr) and caster amulets (+1 to skills/+2 to single element) you will lose some +skills but it will allow you more freedom with thr rest of the gear

* If 63 fcr is so important then maybe vipermagi (upgraded with um) will be better then coh?

Looking forward for updates
With Passion all standard monsters will be blinded and fleeing when hit.
You just need +3 all skills to get Zeal to 5 attacks so consider replacing Maras with HLW your gloves to 20 IAS gloves max zeal speed and magefists for FCR on switch. Or if you have Caster 13+ FCR ammy then use this instead of the magefists for the teleport part of the journey to the location where you will level and use Lidless instead for Spirit
BKWB is what I would look to change for an AR, leech and FCR ring and keep HLW because physical damage and leech will be low and the life got from the ring cannot be increased by BO

Also if you can be bothered try to get the gear to prebuff Enchant for a longer duration in the run because I think you can easily get +6 extra skills with the right combo so the end damage for enchant will be huge and duration amazing. For example, I found a +3 enchant and +1 FM battle staff which I made Memory out of because I got 4OS from Lazruk which it sits happily on my 1.11 enchantress for the +6 enchant skills

GL with the build. I think she will smash everything with the all of the OP gear

@mir TS will be too weak will only a few points invested. For ages I have been thinking to try out a Blaze / Thunderstorm Sorc, so maybe I should just pull that one off after the Sept, just to see how bad it is.

Crafting would definitely be a good option for this one, but I'm afraid I'm too lazy to do some serious crafting. So I guess it's the same old gear again. 63% fcr is only important on switch, and shouldn't be too hard to hit.

@TedDeeBoy As I stated in my op, I'll try the higher skill setup first, but if that doesn't work, it'll definitely be worth it to try out HLW and 20ias gloves. BKWB might indeed not be worth it. Didn't know that the life bonus didn't get increased by BO, thanks for the tip. I'd love to have a good Leaf or Memory base to prebuff, but unfortunately so far that's not the case.

Astrape got off to a fast start, as is usually the case when twinking. The biggest issue I had was not enough Stamina. After all, in the early parts, without Teleport, mainly concentrating on less frequented areas meant a lot of running through areas, which I lacked the Stamina for. Not that it was that much of an issue though.

Act 1 saw me visiting places like the Caves, the Hole, the Pit. Then in Act 2 the other usual suspects like Stony Tomb and Ancient Tunnels. I was already level 18 when I did that act, but low mana meant Teleporting was still limited. Act 3 has quite some sublevels, so I spent quite some time there. Also because I could teleport more from level 25 (Spirit) and level 27 (Insight) on. This meant I reran areas like the Swampy Pit a few times, and hit all sublevels in Kurast Bazaar, Upper Kurast and the area just before entering Travincal.

Act 4 was teleported through, only stopping occasionally for boss packs, since that act has no sublevels. I got a mighty El for my Forge, so that's one less needed for BotD. From Act 5 on I actually started taking some pictures.
Screenshot091.jpg
Definitely a fitting quest item from Anya there !!!
Screenshot092.jpg
Pit of Acheron. For the longest time, before I actually started reading D2 related stuff properly, I thought that this was the place people referred to as 'the Pits', when they were talking about the high level mf area. Embarrassing, although I still think this act 5 zone, as well as the other similar ones there, look really peculiar, and more feel like they are high level then the Pits in Act 1 does.
Screenshot093.jpg
Drifter Cavern, another of those neglected areas. This one was really good actually, containg a lot of boss packs in a small area, so I reran that one quite a few times.
Screenshot094.jpg
Abaddon, another one like Pit of Acheron. Those Blood Lords hit like a truck when they come as a boss or champ pack, even in normal.

This way I could do act 5 really easily. I ended it at level 42, close to level 43, so decided to continue to Nightmare right away. There I tried the same tactics: just Teleport through, and then rerun the Caves, the Hole and the Pits a few times. I killed Andy at level 50, very close to the next level.

In the meantime I had been trying out Stormrider for a while. It was fun, and a melee Sorc wielding a 2H axe looks epic, but in the end the procs just don't do enough damage, and Blackbog's Sharp, combined with a Shield, just did far more damage and was just more fun to play.

Btw, the plan was to start using Zeal at level 43, but I didn't have a good base, and didn't get one to drop during questing, so I ended up keeping that combo until I hit level 54 and could equip the Passion Phase Blade. Needless to say that killing power was ridiculous at that point. I had to respec for it though, since I didn't have enough Dex, and overconfident as I often am, I also decided to go for 156 str, so I could use a Spirit Shield as well. Awesome in almost every aspect, that decision, but it had one major drawback: it left me with very little points to spare in Vitality. As a consequence, I only had 265 hit points when I faced Duriel. No deaths yet, but she definitely feels very glass canon like ...

I'll probably finish the Necromancer in the Sept first, as otherwise I have to swap to much gear, but after that I expect Astrape to get through the game rather fast !!!

Originally posted July 10, 2017

Major update incoming.

When I picked up Astrape again, after finishing the Necro in this Sept, I didn't properly check my gear, so I only started out with some 250 hit points. Not enough for Act 3 NM, not even close, so I got killed quite fast in one of the first areas. After that I did take the time to put CtA and Spirit on switch, which put me at some 450 hit points. Still not that much, and this build would always remain a glass canon build, but I didn't have any real issues after that in NM, except on one occasion.

I continued to teleport through maps, only doing lesser know areas. I didn't have to do many of those though, as just killing boss packs when coming across those was nearly enough to keep me on the leveling curve. I did do some Swampy Pit runs though, as that one was right next to the waypoint.

At the Council I had yet another death. The fight actually went really well, but (I will never learn about those) the death explosion of a FE Council member took me from full to zero. The good news was they dropped me this nice item:
Screenshot109.jpg
In act 4 I just teleported through, only stopping for boss packs. Forge got me an Um, so that was really nice.

At level 65 I created a second Dream and equiped both. Needless to say my killing speed got to ridiculous levels at that point. At level 66 my merc was high enough a level to equip the Infinity, but he lacked the strength to do so. I didn't even bother to regear him in order to do so, as it wasn't needed at all at this stage in the game.

In act 5 I found an eth String of Ears. I did a few more side areas, but, as leveling still went really fast, I got to Baal rather quickly and dispatched him, being level 72. Drops were lousy. I did one more Baal run before proceeding to level 73.

Act 1 Hell passed really fast, as I still was leveling fast enough by killing boss packs when teleporting through, as well as doing some sub-areas. I did reshuffle the merc's gear this time, as immunities started to slow me down, and we couldn't have that happen :). Act 2 saw me going through really fast as well, although I died twice there, due to teleporting into a pack, getting mobbed and die. Drops were picking up a bit in that Act, with another eth String of Ears, Razortail, and those 2:
Screenshot113.jpg

Screenshot116.jpg
O yes, and as it happens once in a while, I discovered that the Lost City actually could have been found by just looking through the windows of the Pallace ...
Screenshot115.jpg
After hitting level 80 and equiping Arachnid's as a belt, I tried a different setup, by switching out Magefists for Bloodfists, which enabled me to hit the next fhr breakpoint. At that point I didn't have any life leech anymore though, and gaining one frame for hit recovery didn't seem to do much, so I swapped out the Bloodfists for Dracul's Grasp. Astrape still remained a glass canon, but this move improved things a lot. In the end I didn't die many times in Hell actually, but I had to be on my toes all the time, making sure to tactically go into battle instead of just teleporting in the middle of the pack and starting to attack.

I was almost level 83 when killing Duriel, so still ahead of the leveling curve. As a consequence I mainly teleported through Act 3, not even doing many side areas. It was a cool way to approach gameplay for a while, but one can only do so many Swampy Pit runs before getting bored with them. Especially because I had to take it slow in many of those areas, as one or two dolls popping could very well mean I'd die.

In Mephisto's room, there were a few signs as to which character class will be the next in the Sept:
Screenshot117.jpg
Screenshot118.jpg
No dear drop gods, not going to use that mace. Doesn't give me Berserk ...

In act 4, I got a Ko from Forge, which was rather disappointing. In CS I got another death. Things were definitely better with the Dracul's setup, but Amp and squishy character just means trouble. I wanted to finish that area quickly, as I was running out of time for that day, and wanted to have the act done, so after one more death and an abandonned run, I decided to just give it a go at /p1. Afterwards I returned back to /p8.

Act 5 was uneventful I'm afraid, but for one reason only: I was already level 85 when entering it, and felt like it would be better to just finish the game with this character for now, mainly thinking that if I wanted to further level up Astrape (which I definitely intend to), it would be much better to do this as a Bear Sorc, which I've read great things about recently. So another set of teleports occured, only stopping for the necessary quests. Not much trouble were had, although I did have to reroll Ancients once.

I found this nice little item in WSK somewhere ...
Screenshot120.jpg
... but after that it was time for the last couple of battles.

Waves were quite easy, even the last 2 ones. Frost Nova did a good job of slowing them down, some teleports seperated them one or two at a time, and my big damage did the rest. O yes, and having Static to start a fight having monsters at half of their initial hitpoints always helps :).

The Baal fight was easy, even on /p8, and not much later the Demon fell:
Screenshot122.jpg
Promising rares and blues there, but alas terrible mods.
Screenshot124.jpg
So that finishes Astrape's story for now. She will be converted to Bear Sorc, with Dual Dream and probably Griswold's Caddy as weapon, but we'll have to see. O yes, I forgot. I didn't know where to put points into skills, after maxing Enchant, Warmth and Fire and Lightning Mastery, so didn't use them at first. Somewhere near the end I decided to give Blaze a go, since it has Warmth as synergy and I had Fire Mastery maxed as well. I figured that it might be useful if I had to retreat from a battle. In the end I didn't use it much, since Sorcs tend to use Teleport to retreat. Not sure where I could have spent those points to be honest.

These are Astrape's final stats:
Screenshot123.jpg
Definitely sick damage numbers there, even with only 1 Lightning Skiller ...

This is the full character dump:
Code:
Name:       Astrape
Class:      Sorceress
Experience: 1160041213
Level:      86

Naked/Gear
Strength:   156/195
Dexterity:  159/183
Vitality:   170/195
Energy:     35/43
HP:         505/711
Mana:       205/351
Stamina:    319/319
Defense:    39/2022
AR:         745/77418

Fire:       164/124/64
Cold:       171/131/71
Lightning:  177/137/77
Poison:     155/115/55

MF:         61       Block:      39
GF:         176
FR/W:       30
FHR:        62
IAS:        25
FCR:        30

Fire Bolt: 1/8
Warmth: 20/27
Inferno: 1/8
Blaze: 8/15
Fire Ball: 1/8
Fire Wall: 0/0
Enchant: 20/27
Meteor: 0/0
Fire Mastery: 20/27
Hydra: 0/0

Charged Bolt: 0/0
Static Field: 1/7
Telekinesis: 1/7
Nova: 0/0
Lightning: 0/0
Chain Lightning: 0/0
Teleport: 1/7
Thunder Storm: 0/0
Energy Shield: 0/0
Lightning Mastery: 20/26

Ice Bolt: 0/0
Frozen Armor: 1/6
Frost Nova: 1/6
Ice Blast: 0/0
Shiver Armor: 0/0
Glacial Spike: 0/0
Blizzard: 0/0
Chilling Armor: 0/0
Frozen Orb: 0/0
Cold Mastery: 1/6

Tome of Identify
Fingerprint: 0x4a9742d4
Item Level: 9
Version: Expansion 1.10+

Sharp Grand Charm of Greed
Grand Charm
Required Level: 21
Fingerprint: 0x39a78b49
Item Level: 85
+9 to Maximum Damage
+59 to Attack Rating
19% Extra Gold from Monsters

Arcing Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 57
Fingerprint: 0x7fca9606
Adds 1 - 43 Lightning Damage
+20 to Life

Sharp Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x24ea1d2a
Item Level: 80
+9 to Maximum Damage
+64 to Attack Rating

Burning Grand Charm of Greed
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x2a62699a
+1 to Fire Skills (Sorceress Only)
33% Extra Gold from Monsters

Burning Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xb18e61c0
+1 to Fire Skills (Sorceress Only)
+26 to Life

Sparking Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x5a26b33c
+1 to Lightning Skills (Sorceress Only)

Sharp Grand Charm of the Glacier
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xbfa52ad9
+8 to Maximum Damage
+68 to Attack Rating
Adds 3 - 7 Cold Damage Over 1 Secs (25 Frames)

Fine Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0xce490e0d
+3 to Maximum Damage
+14 to Attack Rating
+20 to Life

Coral Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x644ee24b
Item Level: 81
+17 to Life
Lightning Resist +8%

Emerald Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xb9cdd7c
Item Level: **
+18 to Life
Poison Resist +11%

Cobalt Small Charm of Storms
Small Charm
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0xd973ef85
Adds 1 - 24 Lightning Damage
Cold Resist +8%

Horadric Cube
Fingerprint: 0xde8cf8c9
Item Level: 13

Key
Fingerprint: 0x3f688422
Item Level: 2

Steel Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 53
Fingerprint: 0x31ebf1dd
+93 to Attack Rating
+35 to Life

Shimmering Small Charm
Small Charm
Required Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0xb9460eb
All Resistances +5

Flawless Diamond
Required Level: 15
Weapons: +54% Damage to Undead
Armor: +80 to Attack Rating
Shields: Cold Resist +14%
Lightning Resist +14%
Fire Resist +14%
Poison Resist +14%

Fine Small Charm of Balance
Small Charm
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0x5a484721
+5% Faster Hit Recovery
+2 to Maximum Damage
+17 to Attack Rating

Bronze Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x79ae0991
Item Level: 68
+10 to Attack Rating
+20 to Life

Flawless Topaz
Weapons: Adds 1 - 30 Lightning Damage
Armor: 20% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Shields: Lightning Resist +28%

Flawless Topaz
Weapons: Adds 1 - 30 Lightning Damage
Armor: 20% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Shields: Lightning Resist +28%

Flawless Sapphire
Weapons: Adds 6 - 10 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (60 Frames)
Armor: +31 to Mana
Shields: Cold Resist +28%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Dream
Tiara
IoJahPul
Defense: 210
Durability: 21 of 25
Required Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0xc5d46564
Item Level: 82
10% Chance to cast level 15 Confuse when struck
Level 15 Holy Shock Aura When Equipped
+22% Faster Hit Recovery
+30% Enhanced Defense
+151 Defense
+10 to Vitality
Increase Maximum Life 5%
+53 to Mana (Based on Character Level)
All Resistances +6
24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Io Rune
Socketed: Jah Rune
Socketed: Pul Rune

Io Rune
Required Level: 35
Weapons: +10 to Vitality
Armor: +10 to Vitality
Shields: +10 to Vitality

Jah Rune
Weapons: Ignore Target's Defense
Armor: Increase Maximum Life 5%
Shields: +50 to Life

Pul Rune
Required Level: 45
Weapons: +75% Damage to Demons
+100 to Attack Rating against Demons
Armor: +30% Enhanced Defense
Shields: +30% Enhanced Defense

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x42922661
+2 to All Skills
All Stats +5
All Resistances +23

Chains of Honor
Wire Fleece
DolUmBerIst
Defense: 816
Durability: 20 of 32
Required Level: 63
Required Strength: 111
Fingerprint: 0x46ddfa7a
+2 to All Skills
+200% Damage to Demons
+100% Damage to Undead
8% Life stolen per hit
+70% Enhanced Defense
+20 to Strength
Replenish Life +7
All Resistances +65
Damage Reduced by 8%
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Dol Rune
Socketed: Um Rune
Socketed: Ber Rune
Socketed: Ist Rune

Dol Rune
Required Level: 31
Weapons: Hit Causes Monster to Flee 25%
Armor: Replenish Life +7
Shields: Replenish Life +7

Um Rune
Required Level: 47
Weapons: 25% Chance of Open Wounds
Armor: Cold Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +15%
Fire Resist +15%
Poison Resist +15%
Shields: Cold Resist +22%
Lightning Resist +22%
Fire Resist +22%
Poison Resist +22%

Ber Rune
Weapons: 20% Chance of Crushing Blow
Armor: Damage Reduced by 8%
Shields: Damage Reduced by 8%

Ist Rune
Required Level: 51
Weapons: 30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Armor: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Shields: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Doom Spiral
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xad484c9f
Item Level: 75
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+7 to Minimum Damage
+84 to Attack Rating
+3 to Energy
Lightning Resist +7%
Fire Resist +20%

Raven Frost
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x78a2a0a8
+244 to Attack Rating
Adds 15 - 45 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
+19 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen

Arachnid Mesh
Spiderweb Sash
Defense: 131
Durability: 7 of 12
Required Level: 80
Required Strength: 50
Fingerprint: 0xa05cbdb8
+1 to All Skills
+20% Faster Cast Rate
Slows Target by 10%
+108% Enhanced Defense
Increase Maximum Mana 5%
Level 3 Venom (8/11 Charges)

Raven Slippers
Wyrmhide Boots
Defense: 124
Durability: 9 of 12
Fingerprint: 0xc54114f1
+30% Faster Run/Walk
+10% Faster Hit Recovery
+97% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +19%
Lightning Resist +18%
49% Extra Gold from Monsters

Dracul's Grasp
Vampirebone Gloves
Defense: 139
Durability: 2 of 14
Required Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0xfffee39
5% Chance to cast level 10 Life Tap on striking
10% Life stolen per hit
25% Chance of Open Wounds
+112% Enhanced Defense
+14 to Strength
+5 Life after each Kill

Super Mana Potion
Replenishes Mana 250%

Super Mana Potion
Replenishes Mana 250%

Super Mana Potion
Replenishes Mana 250%

Super Mana Potion
Replenishes Mana 250%

Perfect Emerald
Required Level: 18
Weapons: Adds 100 Poison Damage Over 7 Secs (179 Frames)
Armor: +10 to Dexterity
Shields: Poison Resist +40%

Flawless Skull
Weapons: 3% Mana stolen per hit
3% Life stolen per hit
Armor: Replenish Life +4
Regenerate Mana 12%
Shields: Attacker Takes Damage of 16

Perfect Sapphire
Weapons: Adds 10 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
Armor: +38 to Mana
Shields: Cold Resist +40%

Perfect Ruby
Weapons: Adds 15 - 20 Fire Damage
Armor: +38 to Life
Shields: Fire Resist +40%

Toxic Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Required Level: 55
Fingerprint: 0xe94a65d3
Adds 100 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
+11 to Life

Flawless Ruby
Weapons: Adds 10 - 16 Fire Damage
Armor: +31 to Life
Shields: Fire Resist +28%

Scroll of Town Portal

Scroll of Town Portal

Scroll of Town Portal

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Super Healing Potion
Replenish Life +320

Steeldriver
Great Maul
Two Hand Damage: 101 - 155
Durability: 43 of 60
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0x588d771
Item Level: 99
+40% Increased Attack Speed
168% Enhanced Damage
+150% Damage to Undead
Heal Stamina Plus 25%
Requirements -50%

Call to Arms
Flail
AmnRalMalIstOhm
One Hand Damage: 3 - **
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Strength: 41
Required Dexterity: 35
Fingerprint: 0x479c37ac
+1 to All Skills
+40% Increased Attack Speed
269% Enhanced Damage
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Prevent Monster Heal
+5 to Battle Command
+4 to Battle Orders
+4 to Battle Cry
Replenish Life +12
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
5 Sockets (5 used)
Socketed: Amn Rune
Socketed: Ral Rune
Socketed: Mal Rune
Socketed: Ohm Rune

Amn Rune
Weapons: 7% Life stolen per hit
Armor: Attacker Takes Damage of 14
Shields: Attacker Takes Damage of 14

Ral Rune
Required Level: 19
Weapons: Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
Armor: Fire Resist +30%
Shields: Fire Resist +35%

Mal Rune
Required Level: 49
Weapons: Prevent Monster Heal
Armor: Magic Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Magic Damage Reduced by 7

Ist Rune

Ohm Rune
Weapons: Enhanced Maximum Damage
Armor: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist

Spirit
Monarch
TalThulOrtAmn
Defense: 139
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 83 of 86
Required Level: 54
Required Strength: 156
Fingerprint: 0xe0d60444
+2 to All Skills
+35% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+22 to Vitality
+103 to Mana
Cold Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
+7 Magic Absorb
Attacker Takes Damage of 14
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Tal Rune
Socketed: Thul Rune
Socketed: Ort Rune
Socketed: Amn Rune

Tal Rune
Required Level: 17
Weapons: Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
Armor: Poison Resist +30%
Shields: Poison Resist +35%

Thul Rune
Required Level: 23
Weapons: Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
Armor: Cold Resist +30%
Shields: Cold Resist +35%

Ort Rune
Weapons: Adds 1 - 50 Lightning Damage
Armor: Lightning Resist +30%
Shields: Lightning Resist +35%

Amn Rune
Weapons: 7% Life stolen per hit
Armor: Attacker Takes Damage of 14
Shields: Attacker Takes Damage of 14

Astrape's Passion
Phase Blade
DolOrtEldLem
One Hand Damage: 89 - 101
Indestructible
Required Level: 54
Required Strength: 25
Required Dexterity: 136
Fingerprint: 0xb5e39cf5
Item Level: 86
+25% Increased Attack Speed
190% Enhanced Damage
50% Bonus to Attack Rating
+75% Damage to Undead
+50 to Attack Rating against Undead
Adds 1 - 50 Lightning Damage
+1 to Berserk
+1 to Zeal
Hit Blinds Target +10
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 25%
75% Extra Gold from Monsters
Level 3 Heart of Wolverine (12/12 Charges)
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Ort Rune
Socketed: Eld Rune
Socketed: Lem Rune

Dol Rune

Ort Rune
Weapons: Adds 1 - 50 Lightning Damage
Armor: Lightning Resist +30%
Shields: Lightning Resist +35%

Eld Rune
Required Level: 11
Weapons: +75% Damage to Undead
+50 to Attack Rating against Undead
Armor: 15% Slower Stamina Drain
Shields: 7% Increased Chance of Blocking

Lem Rune
Required Level: 43
Weapons: 75% Extra Gold from Monsters
Armor: 50% Extra Gold from Monsters
Shields: 50% Extra Gold from Monsters

Dream
Troll Nest
IoJahPul
Defense: 418
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 66 of 74
Required Strength: 106
Fingerprint: 0x7518f86
10% Chance to cast level 15 Confuse when struck
Level 15 Holy Shock Aura When Equipped
+25% Faster Hit Recovery
+30% Enhanced Defense
+195 Defense
+10 to Vitality
+50 to Life
+53 to Mana (Based on Character Level)
All Resistances +15
12% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Io Rune
Socketed: Jah Rune
Socketed: Pul Rune

Io Rune
Required Level: 35
Weapons: +10 to Vitality
Armor: +10 to Vitality
Shields: +10 to Vitality

Jah Rune
Weapons: Ignore Target's Defense
Armor: Increase Maximum Life 5%
Shields: +50 to Life

Pul Rune
Weapons: +75% Damage to Demons
+100 to Attack Rating against Demons
Armor: +30% Enhanced Defense
Shields: +30% Enhanced Defense

Mercenary:

Name:       Razan
Race:       Desert Mercenary
Type:       Off-Nightmare
Experience: 75582212
Level:      85
Dead?:      false

Naked/Gear
Strength:   186/215
Dexterity:  150/150
HP:         1767/1874
Defense:    1302/4770
AR:         1913/1913

Fire:       156/116/56
Cold:       175/135/75
Lightning:  175/135/75
Poison:    245/205/145

Fortitude
Balrog Skin
ElSolDolLo
Defense: 3132
Durability: 16 of 16
Required Level: 59
Required Strength: 155
Fingerprint: 0x3e6d842b
20% Chance to cast level 15 Chilling Armor when struck
+25% Faster Cast Rate
300% Enhanced Damage
+200% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+107 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Replenish Life +7
+5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
All Resistances +26
Damage Reduced by 7
12% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
+1 to Light Radius
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: El Rune
Socketed: Sol Rune
Socketed: Lo Rune

El Rune
Required Level: 11
Weapons: +50 to Attack Rating
+1 to Light Radius
Armor: +15 Defense
+1 to Light Radius
Shields: +15 Defense
+1 to Light Radius

Sol Rune
Required Level: 27
Weapons: +9 to Minimum Damage
Armor: Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Damage Reduced by 7

Dol Rune

Lo Rune
Required Level: 59
Weapons: 20% Deadly Strike
Armor: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist

Andariel's Visage
Demonhead
Defense: 336
Durability: 20 of 20
Required Level: 83
Required Strength: 102
Fingerprint: 0x88cc9705
Item Level: 86
15% Chance to cast level 15 Poison Nova when struck
+2 to All Skills
+35% Increased Attack Speed
10% Life stolen per hit
+117% Enhanced Defense
+29 to Strength
+10% to Maximum Poison Resist
Fire Resist -19%
Poison Resist +70%
Level 3 Venom (20/20 Charges)
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Garnet Jewel of Fervor

Garnet Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x550f40ba
+15% Increased Attack Speed
Fire Resist +11%

Infinity
Giant Thresher
BerMalBerIst
Two Hand Damage: 215 - 613
Durability: 28 of 28
Required Level: 66
Required Strength: 178
Required Dexterity: 130
Fingerprint: 0x14e0ac2c
50% Chance to cast level 20 Chain Lightning when you Kill an Enemy
Level 12 Conviction Aura When Equipped
+35% Faster Run/Walk
259% Enhanced Damage
-52% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
Prevent Monster Heal
+43 to Vitality (Based on Character Level)
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Level 21 Cyclone Armor (30/30 Charges)
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Mal Rune

Ber Rune

Mal Rune
Required Level: 49
Weapons: Prevent Monster Heal
Armor: Magic Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Magic Damage Reduced by 7

Ber Rune

Ist Rune

All in all a very fun build, which played pretty much like I expected to. I picked a Might merc, hoping that the improved physical damage would mean I'd leech better, but in the end a Holy Freeze one would have probably be the best choice.

Next on, the Druid :).

No kidding about a major update! Good job, and it seems that last Act went fairly quickly given the timing on finishing up the Necro. Looking forward to the last couple characters in the Sept.
Nice job. I'm still wondering about Grief over Passion. I just rolled a 40% IAS Grief so it'll be interesting to play around with the differences once I'm ready to try to push the character to 98. I also made both Dreams and the CoH so pretty much ready to go after a few more skillers.

Grief could definitely work, I think. Damage is high enough that you kill most things in 2-3 hits anyway. More physical damage might make a difference in leeching.

Dream Bearsorc probably works best, judging from what I've read about them.
Job well done, grats!

Melee sorcs ftw :) They can indeed fly past the game, should they choose so. But funny to mess around in different spots. Bear Sorcs seem to be very decent Baal runners for example.

Swampy Pit... it's been awhile when I visited that place! :D
have to check the alvl of norm and nm swampy pit... it's always next to the WP I think. Maybe there's couple new Cathan's rings waiting for me :D

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High