Area lvl 85 MF Tournament 2008 - Signup and Progress [by bassano]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @bassano on Oct 20, 2008
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

Area lvl 85 MF Tournament

Description of the tournament: After I saw some nice tournaments like pindlethlon,mephathlon and baalathlon I decided to make tournament based on area 85 running, beacuse this area is very attractive for TC87 items and esecially for posibility of finding Tyrael. And tournament is a nice way how to find a motivation for running lvl 85 areas.

Rules
1) Running lvl 85 areas . Difference between other tournament is that you are not restricted by number of runs but by running time which is 20 hours.
2) You must run all the time with single char. (you can have more chars in tournament but you have 20 hours for every char).
3) SC/HC is allowed and the same with RRM/RWM mods.
4) You can use every players setting.
5) Start of the tournament will be 1st november 0:00 CET and end of the tournament will be 21st november 0:00 CET (I will post 24 hours warning to start and then 3 and 1 day warning to end).
6) Score will be based on MFO scoring system from area lvl 85 lvl 85 Areas (I used score sheet from escud thread).
7) Winner will be runner with best score of his top 5 items.
8) I will try make some prizes for top 3 runners but I prefer system without pick up of items because some players are selfound and some players have fear from loosing their grailers.
9) Each player after he will finish with his runs must send me his top5 scorelist and after end of the tournament I will post result table.
My email is mario(dot)babunek(at)seznam(dot)cz
10) If I forgot some rules let me know and I can edit it.

Here is a list of lvl 85 areas: The Mausoleum, The Pit, Maggot Lair lvl 3, Ancient Tunnels, Kurast Sewers lvl 2, Forgotten Temple, Ruined Fane, Disused Reliquary, River of Flame, Chaos Sanctuary (not including seal boss packs and Diablo), Worldstone Keep, Throne of Destruction (not including minion waves))

Here you can find some stopwatch programs for better system of time running whitch I used from jjscud MF pentathlon
Super Simple Stopwatch (free).
Stopwatch with save session feature (free).
Stopwatch with save session feature (shareware).

I want to thank jjscud for some references which I used here from his tournaments.

Last edited:
Re: Area lvl 85 MF Tournament

I'm in. I'll be running AT with my Blizz sorceress (probably on p3).

Just one question, not sure if i understood properly: you can enter with more then one character and with every character you must complete 20 hours of running?

I guess I'll take part , but WSK and Throne of Destruction count as different areas?

Nice one 👍.

I would go for it, but I recently took my Blizzballer from 93 to 95 with /p1 AT runs, so I'm kind of fed up by area running (plus I would have a naming conflict with Antonio). I would be all in for an LK tourney though! 😉

Good luck to all people participating on this one, it will be fun (and maybe tempting to run some more) to see the TC87s everyone picks up :nod:

Antonio said:
I'm in. I'll be running AT with my Blizz sorceress (probably on p3).

Just one question, not sure if i understood properly: you can enter with more then one character and with every character you must complete 20 hours of running?

You can finished 20 hours but if you not finished it it is not problem.
e.g. on the end of tournament I will have blizzsorc with 15 hours completed and poisonnecro with 10 hours comleted but I think that better is have one char with 20 hours completed and one char with 5 hours completed. :)

Tanksaabas said:
I guess I'll take part , but WSK and Throne of Destruction count as different areas?
WSK and throne of destruction are different lvl85 areas but you can run whatever you want it is not neccesary to spend 20 hours in one of areas.

I'll be running the AT with my Orber Rosemary. Depending on time I may add a second char as well. Good luck to everyone and thanks Bassano for setting this up.

Just to be clear, no item swapping for winners at this point correct? I don't mind just want to make sure. Thanks again Bassano.

Rummski said:
Just to be clear, no item swapping for winners at this point correct? I don't mind just want to make sure. Thanks again Bassano.

Yeah, no item swapping
I only have some symbolic prizes for TOP 3 runners.

Count me in. Will be running AT with my lvl 90 blizz sorc iFiW in HC on /players3 with 450~ MF.

As I only play HC I pass on any prizes I may win.

I'll be taking my Fishyzon (lvl 84) out on the WSK.

I'm in.
Edit: Can't we start before Nov 1st? Maybe like evening of Oct 24, or something. 1st of November is so darn far away.

I'll still be running WSK & Baal, so it's not really a big issue to join, and separate Baal's drops and keep a running time.

By the way, I added a column to the table for the primary area you're running. Mostly out of curiousity to see how many blizzsorcs tackle AT vs. how many other runners there. :p

I've done some leveling runs with my poisonmancer in the pits and really enjoyed it (plus picked up a couple of grailers) so I'm down for this. Mostly using him to avoid the obligatory Blizz sorc in AT, though. ;)
Gonna run with a psn/summonancer. Run times are a bit slow (~4 minutes) but I find it more fun than AT.
gg Bassano!👍

I'll be taking my HC Blizzsorc (lvl 92) to the AT. Probably /p3 for more exp.

My area update. Thank to sirpoops for update table and for other players for join to tournament I hope that will be fun. :)

I might join as well. I was doing some pit runs with my new fishymancer some time ago, but since a total of 75 runs gave me 0 S/U (my mf is barely above 120 but still :bored:) i have lost my motivation. This tourney can give me the push to start again.

BTW i am also doing this in HC therefore no prizes for me either.

This looks like very nice tournament. I'll join, if I can manage some time, but it seems that I'm very busy all the way to December. But an hour per day should be manageable, I just need to figure what char to use...

Great tourney, gives me 10 days to find or cube up to Lo so I can join.

Must key the eyes on the prize!

Z

Hmm. I don't think I like the multiple character, multiple 20-hours thing. Then there's no cap either on runs or on time. What's to stop someone from running 5 or 6 characters to 20 hours each, if they have the time? I think the Mephathlon was more reasonable, 1000 runs in 2 weeks and no more allowed. Then casual people could still compete with hardcore people...

I agree with Swordslash, but since there is no item swaping, no harm can be done.
Unless you`re out for Symbolic thingie bassano mentioned 😁

I`m in with one more blizzie in AT. Same one I did my first MFO here year ago. But with more MF this time :wink2:

Swordslash said:
Hmm. I don't think I like the multiple character, multiple 20-hours thing. Then there's no cap either on runs or on time. What's to stop someone from running 5 or 6 characters to 20 hours each, if they have the time? I think the Mephathlon was more reasonable, 1000 runs in 2 weeks and no more allowed. Then casual people could still compete with hardcore people...

When you will have more than one character in table you will have more scores in result table. That is not better score whitch is sum of your scores. Beacuse every of your characters is different partecipant. Probably I wrote inaccurate rule but every of your characters play only for his score.
And I wants give 3 weeks beacuse some players could have problems with finishinh their 20 hours during 2 weeks :)

Entering with my lvl 90 bliz sorc running AT. Might switch over to my nova/orb sorc if I get bored and do Pits instead. If I had a character capable of running RoF I would do that instead hands down and hit the special chests while I was there anyways. Still short some items to manage that though. I have almost nothing above what Mephisto can drop so this will be great for me to fill the grail a bit and perhaps even get some TC87 love.

My new titan furydruid needs couple of levels. AT it is and /p8. (note to everyone, I'll have low mf, but I will try my best to gather some nice items)

I'm tempted to go against the grain, but I haven't tested that I'm capable yet.
I have run the pits for a while, but the last few hours gave me a net gain of nothing and I gave up in despair. However, I recently rushed the hellforge, so... I wonder if I could run the river of flame. The only concern is that I wasn't using my MF kit to rush the hellforge.
If I join it will be with my assassin Alandria.

So.. what happens if you do 21 hours?

cogline said:
So.. what happens if you do 21 hours?

You can not run 21 hours. 20 hours for char is a limit :)
(of course that you can run more but your score will be based on top 5 after 20 hours)

edit: I think that my MF will be about 550 :)

It would be interesting to see what MF% people are using, to understand whether I have a chance or not...

Hopefully my RL and computer issues will be solved till November...

*checks calender*

Oh yeah, I can join this tourney!
Props to bassano for setting up a fixed time for the runs and for the tournament itself 👍

Maybe my 4:th golden Sacred Armor from AT will be "the one" :whistling:

cogline said:
It would be interesting to see what MF% people are using, to understand whether I have a chance or not...

Well you shouldn't join just to win.. no items will be swapped and as Bassano says there will only be a token prize. Better to just use the tournament as extra motivation to do runs you've been putting off. 👍

cogline: Not only that, but since this tourney is time-based, totally maxing out MF is definitely NOT the best way to go. You should combine MF and kill power.

OK, I'll join with my new Blizz sorc (I wouldn't mind gaining some levs in the AT)

I guess it's ok since even if someone wanted to do multiple characters, they would in effect have "two piles" of stuff to draw 2 separate top-5's from, not one big pile to draw a top5 from.

Username couldn't fit in the table without messing with the formatting or width :dontknow:

Running Pits with a CL/FO sorc. Probably not the best of times to do something like this with midterms and everything, but items need to be found! I'm hoping that this tourney will help me improve my run efficiency as well since my runs currently take longer than they should. Now off to find the right gear to prepare...

Formated the table, adding MF & HC columns.

Swordslash said:
I guess it's ok since even if someone wanted to do multiple characters, they would in effect have "two piles" of stuff to draw 2 separate top-5's from, not one big pile to draw a top5 from.

I have asked bassano the same question yesterday and yes, your guess is correct. Still, the people with multiple characters have slightly better chance of winning and therefore I am glad there will be no prize-picking.

Im in: running AT with my blizzard sorc :yes:

what, no one is running maggot lair?
😁

@buraz: even Act III temples are forgotten by MF runners :)

I edit my MF into table

If I somehow end up getting a new MFer into the mix, I'd like to join; like Cius, I haven't got anything Meph can't drop, so I'd really like to find some top-tier stuff. ATM, I've got a broken Blizballer that *could* work, but there's a Furry Sneezy Drood that needs more attention... still drooling over that 'lash.

I think tonight I'll see what I can do about getting a pure Blizzer ready to join the ever-expanding AT list... :whistling: Maybe I'll see if I can level my 'zon, too, considering I've obtained all the gear I once had when I used to solely run the Pits with one a while back... (read: Hellrack, which equals slow...)

No barb yet?So count me in, i always wanted to try my luck in Pit, i just needed real reason for it...Thanks, bassano 👍

Edit: Ehmm, btw, any restriction for horking items or not?

Ok, my titan wolfie is already lvl85 and I'll level him only to lvl89, so it's not wise to use him to run. I'll have to consider some other char and area. Right now, the most tempting combo is Hammerdin at Mausoleum... :whistling:

I'm definitely joining, not sure what char I'm using, but I'll let you know before tourney start.

First to use a Paladin (my lv96 Hammerdin), first to run RoF. :) I'll primarily run the superchests, but there are 3 to 4 boss packs on the way, so I should be gg (well, except for the abysmal MF...:rolleyes:)

Blizz sorc at AT (obviously). Hopefully I'll have better results than got from the Mephathon

It's settled, I'll run Mausoleum with my Cheesynigmadin. Why? Because it's different. I've run quite a lot AT, I don't like WSK and my two Strafers have spent enough time at Pits. Maggot Lair? Thought of it, but I didn't figure any build that could run there :) Plus, I want to be the King of Mausoleum :jig:

MF is in the range of 378% - 380%, depending if I can find one more 7mf sc and 50mf WT's, but I highly doubt the later :whistling:

First test run gave me a Ravenlore, so beware :evil:

Added my mf (might change it maybe).

@Neksja: Teleporting lamerdin you mean :p

Tanksaabas said:
@Neksja: Teleporting lamerdin you mean :p
We need moar Teleporting Lamerdins, also, i need a few runs still to get him to lvl97.

I think I can find time to join this.

I'll take Moe the Fury/Rabies druid for a spin in the pits
I've done one (1) AT run to do a test and I've foud a BKWB, so I'm in with yet another sorc running AT.

I could use a little break and I need 2 more tc87s anyways.

2 days and few hours to start of the tournament
table of runners seems just very good :)

Unfortunately I don't have a dedicated level 85 area runner, but I suppose I could drag my all-purpose Blizzballer to the Ancient Tunnels. Everything dies fast anyway, so she probably won't be that much slower than pure Blizzard sorceresses. (And I'm a pretty slow runner anyway, regardless of the character!) Besides, finding a Cham during my test runs MUST have been a sign that I should enter this tourney. :) Good luck everyone!

Loaded up MF. Maybe I`ll rise it when I see how will resistances hold me, but probably not.

I hunt for 40MF Gheeds that I lost during my last(also first) AT runs. Probably when two items droped which I couldn`t load in cube, so I threw out charm, pick up, tp to stash and forgot to pick up charm before S&E :banghead:
Looks like Neksja could use some help expunging evil from the mausoleum.

Andromeda is my fire sorc, level 81 at the moment, hopefully a bit more by the time I'm done. I don't expect to be seriously competitive compared to the highly optimized AT runners, but looking forward to some good finds just the same.

Adding myself to the list. Have been considering running WSK with my necro or Lol-a-din just to make this a hard one. But I really want to get a Tyraels before D3 comes out. So dusting off my old AT Blizzballer Smaug.

Taking myself out of the list. I won't have hardly any time for d2 in the next few weeks, and the little I get I don't want to spend on running something.

One question, asuming I manage to finish my 20h with my first character. Would it be alright to add another character once the tournament have started? For example, say I'm done with my Blizzballers AT runs at the 10th of November, can I then start running with a necro?

Seeing the competition here and that i lack almost all of the mf gear after my restart, i finally got motivated enough to rebuild my blizzsorc in HC. Her main task will be to run Hell Meph for gear but i might as well add her to the list and see if i can handle both chars within the given period.

I also edited the list with qualifier(S/U)# column, and rearranged rows considering area. Since the tourney limit is hours instead of #of runs we won't see a nice comparison but still any mf data is welcome imo =)

@Belcari: As far as i understand you are allowed to add as many chars to the table as you want whenever you want as long as you meet the deadline of the tournament and you keep a different record of items for each of your characrters.

EDIT: I added the new column as Q(S/U) so that we can add both number of qualifiers and total number of S/U's. If you do not like the way it is, and feel lazy to change it, i can revert it back.

@becarl: yes, you can enter with your second or another char during tournament and 20 hours finished with your 1st char in table is not requirement
NacRuno have right every of your chars have different score list

I have a request for all participants: if it is not too much trouble, could you please keep track of your number of runs and the /players setting? I am very interested in comparing the results from the different areas (AT, pits). Also I'd like to see how the MF% influences this type of runs.

Thanks in advance 👍

No problem, I can do it, and also am interested in that to.
Maybe someone should add new columns to the table?

player setting is no problem but i have trouble with run counters (too lazy to try any =P). I will try my best with finger counting though :whistling:

EDIT: I have edited the above table according to Kyrandia's wish btw. Not everyone is required to complete it but the template is there.

Or you can do counting on the wall in prison day counting style 😁

for number of runs I have bullets counting mechanism on table near my notebook and every time when I am waiting for Save and Exit is enough make small movement with my keyboard hand for move one bullet from left to right side of that mechanism it is very cheezy to see when I am playing especially for non D2 players whitch are with me on collegue :D
I am playing on window and with stopwatch mechanism on rest of screen seems good :)

3 weeks for 20 hours worth? I'll throw my hat into the contest!

I concur, count me in chaps! Another AT running Blizzsorc to the rescue! Suppose I better go "Tal" my new Tal's armour in preparation. EEExcellent.

First tournament, but what the heck I'll give it a shot. So I guess it's either get rich or fail trying.
Never had any great finds in lvl85 areas, but I hope this tournament will change that.

Editing in Players. Can't wait for Midnight :) Not really, I glad this is spread over time, should give everyone a chance to finish and hopefully we all find a Tyrael's :)

Nice turnout.

5 hours to start of the tournament. I do not know if I will be here on CET midnight for saying start beacuse I am going to pub and that is always uncertain event.

I wish good luck to all runners and I hope that almost one player will be so lucky for tyreal drop beacuse tyrael is one of the best motivation for this tournament.

When you will change progress table try to keep it in order to hours completed from top of the table.

You could write here everythink you want but with qualifiers will be better keep that surprise for results thread. :)

When you will finished 20 hours you can send me your top5 to my mail on first page. During tournament you can put of your second char for having another 20 hours but that char will have different score.

We will see in area lvl 85

Just a quick question about RoF. Is the River of Flame considered only after the waypoint, or from the City of the Damned all the way to the Sanctuary of Chaos?

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm in. It'll be like a fresh start of some sort. The whole d3 extravaganza pulled me back and I was only waiting for an event like this to step up the game once again.

I'm formerly known as factory. Some of you must know me I suppose, as I am one bad, I dontknowwhat else oldskool mf-er. Got to resign due to some tech problems in the meantime. But hey, I'm ready to roll.

jrlafrance said:
Just a quick question about RoF. Is the River of Flame considered only after the waypoint, or from the City of the Damned all the way to the Sanctuary of Chaos?

Its from the City of Damned to CS, its all alevel 85.

Hey factory, errr Schopenhauer, good to have you back

I don't think anyone runs RoF from the waypoint to the Chaos Sanc. Generally RoF runs are from the stairs at City of the Damned to the WP.

Hey factory-Schopi! Good to see you back!

EDIT: Added MF - 220...fastest BP, 90% res all and +11 skills/+16 combat skills isn't the way to go for high MF I guess :rolleyes:

omgmir said:
I don't think anyone runs RoF from the waypoint to the Chaos Sanc. Generally RoF runs are from the stairs at City of the Damned to the WP.

Hmm, I tend to run it from the waypoint to the stairs, but whatever. I was just asking about the other area (waypoint to CS), because with tele, it's not that much more work, although the monsters are more spread out. If one was to start from CotD waypoint and go to CS, that's a lot of monster. More monsters = more chances of nice items to drop (especially on /p8)!! 👍

Just cleaned up my status, I'm definitely NOT HC!

I`m getting a little sick of my tourney chars, this will probably be a nice change of pace. Hopefully this tourney will let my windy wear some sweet stuff afterwards, because he sure isn`t right now:) I`ll start with running the pits and probably run RoF after a while(both maps turned out quite nice at the same time). I`ll keep track of my number of runs and the time I spent in every location.

No assassin? What a shame! Fortunatelly, I have one available (at NM rogue's camp :whistling:). Anyway, I'll try to mat her within the next week a give her a go. I originally planned to join with my bowzon, but what the hell ;)

What the heck, I'm in. Been meaning to try out a tournament and my Fishzyon is just about ready to try her hand at WSK running I think. I'm self-found so I doubt I'd take any prizes. (Not that I am really expecting to win, but still...)

Good luck all. 👍

I'm terrible at time conversions...0:00 Nov.1 CET time I'm figuring is (was) 4:00pm Oct. 31 PST? Can anyone correct me if I'm wrong here? Otherwise, I'm gonna get on this horse, and start!

tournament is just about 10 hours open so your runner can start with hunting :)

Something I need to clarify: I am doing WSK runs and then killing Baal as well at the end. Baal is not part of the tournament, correct? I am pausing my timer after Lister & Co. die, and I'm planning to keep Baal's drops in a separate stash too. If I should be doing something differently let me know, this is my first tourney so I want to make sure I don't screw something up :D

Caly said:
Something I need to clarify: I am doing WSK runs and then killing Baal as well at the end. Baal is not part of the tournament, correct? I am pausing my timer after Lister & Co. die, and I'm planning to keep Baal's drops in a separate stash too. If I should be doing something differently let me know, this is my first tourney so I want to make sure I don't screw something up :D

baal and even 5 minion waves in throne of destruction before kiling baal are not part of tournament. Bosspacks in throne of destruction yes but that minion waves just not.

Okay cool, glad I checked then. I've only done a couple runs and haven't found any drops yet so no harm done I suppose, I'll make sure to keep both minions & Baal separate from the rest of my runs from now on. Cheers :)

Plz add me too :)
I will run with my summoner, balthazar

updated table with addition of mir and with correction of my MF whitch I put to final number over 600 caused by Ist in my eth. occulus whitch I put there 2 hours ago.

All right, I'll be sucked into this one too. I need a good excuse to level a new Frozen Orb-Hydra sorceress that I ultimately want to use to run Baal so this should get her up to a respectable level. We'll see if I finish 20 hrs though...

Added in MF. Full trang's doesn't leave much room for magic find.

What's the rule on talking about finds? In Pindlethon, participants generally post their finds (but scoring is subjective) while in MFO we get relative positions. 3 weeks without any idea how everyone is doing is a little boring ...

BTW, 3 hours done. Meh on qualifiers. But found an Atma's Scarab (grailer) and a Ko rune.

Did about two hours in which I did 35 runs .. I`m slow, but have the fun :laugh:
Got a map with 4-7 bosspacks, is that OK, or can it be better?
Best find so far was a triple unique drop from sparking chest.

I had lots of leisure time yesterday so ran AT for 4 hours. Combined with the one hour today I'm now at 5 hours. At the beginning my runs were quite slow (1,5 mins), but now it looks like that I can reach my goal of 1000 runs.
Finds at this stage are not very promising but I'll see what future brings :)

Wow, Callador. 1K runs in 20 hours is impressive. I have one question for you guys, what is a good average run length for the pits? I have a pretty sweet map, but I think I`m pretty slow so far(quite expected really, since I`m dirt poor). 3 qualifiers found so far, but I kind of lost track of my number of runs. Got a better system for counting now, so I`ll try to keep better track of it.

Other than the qualifiers, a pul and 2 shaels is a pretty nice haul from the sparkling chest:)

I am incredibly bored today and got nothing better to do, so I am expecting to run another 5-6 hours today.

Updated my MF and added my 1.5 hours to the table. No qualifiers yet. I have no idea what the average run time is for a clear of WSK2, WSK3 and the Throne up to Baal's minions, but I suspect 15 minutes is slow. Luckily I did eventually find a pretty decent map with both levels being relatively circular so I don't spend a lot of time running through cleared areas. I imagine I'll get faster as I go.

Nice sparkly chest there Buraz. :)

I edit the table in order to hours comleted it is more wel-arranged.

@cygnus: about drops you can write quite everything only about top qualifiers I think that will be better let it for results thread.

Very disappoint so far. 5 hours down and nothing good to show for it. Only 2 qualifiers. If I see one more arctic bow I think I will freek.

1-1/2 hours and 20 runs down. Only 2 qualifiers, but another item that probably would be if jewelry were qualifiers (Highlord's). Runtimes are getting shorter; I'm thinking I can get consistently below 4 minutes with a little more practice.

I have done one hour of mfing with my blizzsorc. At first i was not sure whether to use her or my fishy for the pits but my first run with her dropped me an item that helped me to make up my mind 👍. Considering my drops i will probably switch to my fishy when i have done 20h in AT anyway.

Code:
Ormus' Robes
Dusk Shroud
Defense: 460
Durability: 20 of 20
Required Level: 75
Required Strength: 77
Fingerprint: 0x3a6ab429
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Properties: 
15% Regenerate Mana
+15 Defense
20% Faster Cast Rate
[B]+3 to Blizzard (Sorceress Only)[/B]
14% to Fire Skill Damage
11% to Lightning Skill Damage
13% to Cold Skill Damage

And it is my first ormus in HC too. I joyed so much when i found this item that i couldn't keep my mouth shut about it. :lipsrsealed:

Even though i have a pumped up blizz i am still terribly slow with more than 5 mins per run. I guess i spent too much time in town and with non unique monsters since i am not accustomed with extensive mf runs. Hope i will improve my time.

BTW i guess only Cius is on the right track about recording his S/U count. I added that part to acquire data for mfing and it should include all S/U you see, qualifier or not. If you do not want to keep such a record just leave that part empty.

Did some more runs and edited in my total S\U count. It`s a little bit off since I sold some crappy S\Us early on. Maybe around 10 or so, it probably won`t matter much in the end if I am good and keep track of them from now on.

As for the running, I am also very slow with approx. 5 minutes per run. I actually think I`ll regear my boy a little bit and run on p7 instead. I spend so much time running around or teleporting(horrible fcr since most of my FCR comes from spirit, and that is unavailable on my tele switch) I don`t think my speed will decrease much on a higher player setting. I`ll have to think some more about it.

Finally I did some runs. I have no interesting drops (only Fal rune in first runs and then 2 rare sacred armors) but I am satisfied with number of runs (74/78/79 runs for hour) beacuse for now I have 6 runs advantage againist my primary target whitch is 1500 runs.

Removed set/unique count since apparently people are looking for total numbers of each and I'm not keeping up with ones I'm not picking up.

4 hours total now, still no qualifiers. My number of sets/uniques might be a bit off but I think that's pretty close, good to know I'm at least seeing a reasonable amount of green and gold for my time spent running even if it's nothing all that great.
Had plenty of extra time during the weekend so I managed to do 7 hours. There's one drop that makes me especially happy (it's not extra rare though). Run times as you can see are really slow, but I am doing full clears and 3 good items so far have dropped from regular monsters.

Okay, 5 hours done, 3 qualifiers so far :(
Got a bit confused in run counting with silopens run counter (when he said I did 9 runs in 1:14:14 :confused: )so I started doing it manually. Don`t take my run count as real :rolleyes:
Improved my run time to 2-3 minutes.
Hope I`ll improve number of qualifiers *knocks in wood*

No qualifiers thusfar :/

edit: is the s/u counter for qualifier finds only?

@Tanksaabas: Me and some runners used that counter only for quailfiers but some runners write there all S/U drops so I tihnk that better will be write there only qualifiers. Number of other S/U you can write in your post

Ok thanks for clearing that up.

I've played 1.5 hours in Mausoleum now and I have 5 qualifiers. At least I have a top5 😁 Propably, won't be able to do that 20 hours (blame nhl09, not school or work) but I won't give up yet.

bassano said:
@Tanksaabas: Me and some runners used that counter only for quailfiers but some runners write there all S/U drops so I tihnk that better will be write there only qualifiers. Number of other S/U you can write in your post

I guess we can completely delete that section than since set/unique qualifiers will most likely be named at the end (and S/U ratio is not that important anyway). I was the one to put that column initially because Kyrandia asked for data to be used for mfing purposes. As i remembered, total number of S/U was important for that (someone mentioned it in mephatlon). I though we would put total number of S/U's in parenthesis but that slash complicated things. Too many numbers to see what we are looking for, hope nobody minds if i just erase that column.

1 poor qualifer, and 2 other Uniques/Sets (Cathan's Mesh, HoZ) found in a hour of runs last evening, hopefully the drops get better.

I had lots of free time during the weekend, so i've started:

Hours used:13

Total number of qualifiers:24

Some nice finds, including three TC 87 items, but not exactly what i'm looking for :rolleyes: I want update the table after last run
(just too lazy to do it now)..

Good luck to all 👍
7 hours in and not a single qualifier. Granted, my runs are slower than if I'd played a sorc but come on..
I've gotten a Lum rune as my best dorp so far.

Edit: added RIP's update to the table.

Re-Edit: typo

Yay, finally some qualifiers. Two are pretty useless but one of them was something I didn't have yet, so that's cool. This tournament has been good for me because it's forcing me to learn how to run efficiently instead of being slow like I usually am :D

Cleaned up the table to sort it in order of hours run, too.

9 hours in and averaging a qualifier per hour. Nothing fantastic so far, but a couple of solid, useful finds. Plus a grailer, so that's cool. Been seeing a lot of white and blue caddy/archon staff/diadems. Even one rare diadem that made me a sad panda. Hopefully I'll get lucky one of those times.

Just a quick note: on run 25 I found a new 5% MF charm so my MF after that was 256. Then on run 90 I found a 7% MF charm so my MF has been 263 since then. Have noticed a pickup in yellows since reaching 263, not that that's anywhere near conclusive.
175 Runs / 5.5 hours done, which equals roughly 1:55 per run. Could be better(*rolls eyes on bassano's times*), but I'm not complaining. I switched to /p1, because with ~4000 blizzard damage, /p3 was really slow. Found 11 qualifiers, one of which made me really happy.

Did another 2.5 hours. Switched to P1 wich resulted in more qulifier drops :badteeth:. 6 total.
Also found this charm, aloways loved them 😁

Lucky Grand Charm
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Fingerprint: 0xe9446240
1% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Ran another hour last night with nothing to show for it, thinking of switching to P1 to increase number of runs and forget trying to level...

Ran 1.5 hours again today, with zero qualifiers:) Tried to run at p7 with a somewhat different gear setup, but a couple of NDEs in the first runs made me switch back to p3. I`ll keep it that way, since Fana-archers really scare me now.

I did 3 hours of runs and tried p7 this time. The results were far from satisfactory imo. I found only 5 S/U's just one being qualifier. From now on i will try to increase my run count in p1.

Yay! My first pure Bliz sorc is finally finished! It only took one map reroll before I found one that I liked. And of course while I was on my third test run, a Nat's Mark dropped. ...I think I'll like this tourney if it keeps like this!

Important info: Pure Blizzer named SclerosesReigns (sorry if it's offensive; it's 'Single Sorceress' anagramed), currently at clvl75, running the AT with just over 475MF. Run times will probably range in the three-to-four minute mark; I've zero FRW and my FCR isn't great. What'll really kill my time, though, is that I'm counting all S&E, reloading, IDing, and stashing in my run times. No matter. I still have a good feeling, even if I miss out on a few extra runs. And besides, now that I've got the character, there's still plenty of time for runs AFTER the initial 20 hours! 👍

Glad to take part with y'all. GL, HF, and gogogo Tyreal's!

Updating my score. 190 AT runs done over 7.5 hours on p3. A bit slow, but got 11 qualifiers, and one of them actually being decent. My blizzballer finally manage to ding lvl 93. Only 6 more levels to go! :jig:

Non-qualifiers seem to be better than qualifiers up to now :).

another hour with 79 runs. Got 5 qualifiers but all of low quality even some of them are class specific :)
Removed myself from table which I've been meaning to do since tourney started. Just don't have time or ambition for it right now.

3 Hours in and 2 qualifiers...not very fun so far, I'll keep grinding though...

bassano said:
another hour with 79 runs. Got 5 qualifiers but all of low quality even some of them are class specific :)

I would love to see your runs. I think the best I'm managing is around 70 seconds/run and hitting 5-6 bosspacks on each run (/p1 AT). You are positively flying.

Gah!! ...I'm completely and utterly ashamed of myself and my skills now... I think I'm gonna go cry in a corner for a while...

Nice vid! 👍

Halfway through. Started off slowly (I was really starting to begrudge going with my poisonmancer instead of the standard 600MF blizzy for like the first 2 or 3 hours) but I'm really enjoying it now. 3 qualifiers and a Pul in the course of 4 runs in this past hour. One of the qualifiers was even a grailer. If only that could continue :rolleyes:.

My best qualifier so far was dropped by a normal monster, and a couple other nice items were dropped by normal monsters as well, but I'm avoiding letting that sway me to do full clears. Seems like it defeats the purpose of the gear I'm using. Hopefully we'll be able to tell a little better by the end of this how hitting only bosspacks and big mobs that block your path stacks up to doing full clears, since I think most of the guys running the pits are going that route.

Holy, that`s fast. Makes me want to go hide in a corner as well:)

Another hour of running and I got myself 3 new qualifiers. Nothing great, just the normal mid-low scores. All 3 of them were grailers though, so I am happy. I am extremely poor after a restart, so basically everything I find is a grailer:)

Nice video. Maybe I should break out my Bliz sorc and time my AT runs (probably shave off at least 10 seconds off my runs instead of using FO as my killing skill.) I think the main difference though is the amount of time he takes to check for drops and the fact that his Blizard hit rate is quite good. I'm with some of the posters in the other thread in having Blizzard be hit or miss a lot when I run AT. Too bad we can't share maps though because the number of teleports he made before his first boss pack was about as many as I do on an entire run. I think he'd run my map in about 30 seconds!!

That video is just quite one year ago when I did runs about 55s of average time. From that time I imroved some details. When I will have full version of fraps I will make my latest version of AT running :)
Average number of bosspacks is between 5-6 but sometimes I have 8 sometime only 3 it depends of number of bosspack on my way

Impressive to say the least, amazing literally. The Warriv trick is nice indeed. But my loading times are definitely longer than yours. :)

peace, factory

Half way through. I haven't found anything extremely rare, but one useful TC87 made me happy :yes: My run times are around 1:20, my blizzard has a tendency to miss a lot :whistling:

Well, the last two hours of running where very fruitful. I went from 2 qualifiers to 11 with some good ones found. At least I can now make a top 5! Run time is averaging just under 1:25 now. Getting it faster though more often. Thanks for posting that video! I had clean forgotten about going to Act1 via Warriv and using that waypoint. That has shaved a lot of time off my runs especially when I need to stash stuff.

Edit: While doing my 12th hour I just found one of the rarest items in the game, and unlike some rare items this one is usefull! Looks like the AT are making up for my bad luck in the mephthon either way!

Hey, I forgot that Warriv trick. I'm sure that it willl speed up my runs.

@bassano: Yeah, I would be eager to see how fast your runs are now :)

today was vey few lucky for drops only 3 qualifiers and all I let on ground :)

@callador: some runs are very nice to see even for me when I am doing that runs just for long time especially when I found on way 3 bosspacks during 3-6 teleports and every timeout of blizzard I hit one bosspack. Some runs are not so interesting beacuse sometime even with that skill whitch I have blizzard fall always on bad places and I must kill many of that bosspacks using glacial spike and that is slower than kill on first blizzard spike. :)
I hope that my friend give me full version of fraps beacuse that last video whitch I did I have only 30s intervals and during that run whitch is there I must push once again starting hotkey.

I did 2.5 hours of p1 runs and the results were far from satisfactory with only one mediocre qualifier. Also i am very jealous of many of your finds in the ITF since i never get decent items other than qualifiers too :rant:

I increased my run time but still i take too much time examining the drops, killing normal monsters etc. After around 2 hours in p1, if my luck continues like this i will go back to p7 again.

Really happy with the outcome of these past hours of runs. 7 more qualifiers, 2 of them TC87's, one of them a grailer. Plus it completed a set, which is always nice. ;) Died 3 times, though, which hadn't happened in quite a while.

Notable non-qualifiers include a Ko rune and a Death's Guard (TC3).

Just realised that my time of run is wrong :(
I`ve been using Silopens save counter, and there is a "pause" button, which stops clock.
But, now I`ve realised that when you unpaused it, it has been ticking all time along. So, if i take 10 runs in 20 minutes, Press pause, go from comp for 10 minutes, when I unpaused it it will say 30 minutes.
And all time i tought run counter was wrong :banghead: (when he says I did 19 runs of AT in 1,5 hour..)

Anyway, just wanted to warn anyone who uses it.

Very happy with the way things are going. Lots of grailers and some nice rare items. Also getting tons of useful white and socketed items and lower level useful stuff. After my 20 hours are up I'll post on the highlights in one big go.

Small update:

Is ~20 minuets per WSK run too slow?

My guess is, probably. It all comes down to the luck of your drops, but if bassano's hitting an average of 8-9 bosspacks per minute I'd say you're probably not seeing nearly as many quality drop chances as you could. In all fairness, WSK is tougher for most to run, but unfortunately there's no style points for making things difficult on yourself. I'd venture a guess that a good WSK run shouldn't take more than about eight minutes...

My own update: played for four hours yesterday and found seven horrible qualifiers. Also came across my second Gheed's, which was vastly craptacular compared to the one I already have. :nod: I had been doing full clears, averaging 18 runs/hr, but I started taking more of a bee-line route through the more densely packed sections. Still, I think I only got about 28 runs in the last full hour. Oh well. At least the drops can't really get worse...

I'll also throw in my thanks to bassano for reminding us of the Warriv trick. I mentioned before I have zero FRW; not having to run through Lut Gholein adds extra minutes to every hour that I can spend item hunting. Big up!!

Depends how many Bosspacks/champions you kill averegely per run.6 average per minute(AT) is very hard to beat, but it's possible with a godly map.But yes that sounds too slow.

Well it's WSK still. Had some runs where whole of lvl 1 was lit immune (beeteles , souls , zealot packs etc. ) It takes some time to batter your way through it with FA.

I feel your pain. Bad luck with LI spawns definitely make it slower. What does your map look like? 20 minutes does seem a bit slow, but it's possible you can find a better (i.e. more circular) map that doesn't force you to rerun areas as much.

That said, TheReadMenace is right, those of us running areas like the WSK probably can't compete with the 500+ MF AT-running Blizzsorcs, but I'm okay with that since I was never really expecting to win anyway. I mostly just wanted an incentive to get some practice in at WSK running on my Fishyzon. Strangely enough, the one thing I'd be happiest to find right now is a high-defense Archon Plate, so I can finally make Fortitude with the Lo I found a few weeks ago :p

buraz said:
Just realised that my time of run is wrong :(
I`ve been using Silopens save counter, and there is a "pause" button, which stops clock.
But, now I`ve realised that when you unpaused it, it has been ticking all time along. So, if i take 10 runs in 20 minutes, Press pause, go from comp for 10 minutes, when I unpaused it it will say 30 minutes.
And all time i tought run counter was wrong :banghead: (when he says I did 19 runs of AT in 1,5 hour..)

Anyway, just wanted to warn anyone who uses it.

I've noticed that in the past. That's why I always calculate my run time by runs x ave run time when I use his counter.

today I had very bad hour. even if I did 77 runs with many bosspacks I still have no interesting drops. Today I had dozens of CI unique monstersduring running never I had so many. Almost I found first IK maul :D
I hope that next hours I find somethink more.

Done...Although i found two another TC87 items, my score remained same like it was after 10 hours :rolleyes:Thats very bad, because my main goal was to prove, that Barbarians are class, which cannot be underestimated for MFing, and can compete even against all sorcs around...

Unfortunatelly, i have failed...At least partially...

No grailers for me, and thats very dissapointing fact, if i consider all these Rare/Magic/Normal Hydra Bows or Unearthed Wands...

Anyway i've found 5 TC 87 items along the way, leveled my barb to his current lvl 93 and found, that Pit actualy could be very nice place for MFing...Thats good

Thanks Bassano for hosting this tourney and good luck to all of You 👍

I will post all screenshots and full readouts after touneys end...

Congrats on finishing RIP!

Did another 2 hours, found 4 more qualifiers. Runtimes are down a bit more. Hoping I can get them down to consistently under 3 minutes in the next 4 hours. Also hoping that my next update will be of me finishing.
6 qualifiers, all terrible in terms of scoring, and only one useful find. At this rate, reporting time is going to be embarrassing.

EDIT: Restored maareek's update.

10 hours done, 7 qualifiers, nothing spectacular.
Thinking bout switching to P7 for more experience. anone know how much will i need from half clvl 94 to clvl 95, or is it better to do that on baal runs?

Improved my score a lot during the last 5 hours of running, but it`s still not impressive at all. I lost completely track of my number of runs during this (very long) session, although I am fairly certain I average around 5 min. per run. I had completely forgotten that i changed my print screen back to it`s original button, so I have been hitting that spacebar for no reason:( Other than the Gul and Pul I managed to find there is nothing really spectacular, so I guess I won`t have any problems with you guys believing in me finding the items I have done so far:) Print screen is back to space bar, so I will have screenshots from now on.

Good luck guys!

edit: Thanks buraz. Don`t know what the h... I did. Sorry.

Today finally first interesting drops :)

3 hours of /p3 RoF running, 2 qualifiers, highest rune Io and 3 (!!!) Nature's Peace...quick break for lunch, then more RoF...

I've completed six more hours in the past few days, putting me halfway through my character's time. The quantity of qualifiers has dropped, but the quality has improved somewhat. I'm averaging about 25 runs/hr, which is still way too slow, but it's all good. Cheers to a continued streak of good fortune for all! 👍

Still no amazing finds yet, but a few grailers and a nice ethereal version of a certain unique that I'm very happy to have found. Will post non-qualifiers in the IFT thread. I did snag an Archon Plate, but the defense, while decent, is still not great (492). I'm very tempted to make Fort in it anyway because it would help me out a lot during these runs if I stuck it on my merc. Meh. Should I hold out for a better one? :whistling:
Just a tiny improvement of my score since the last update. Hopefully I'll find a good item or two in the remaining 7 hours. But even if I don't, I am quite satisfied:alright:

Sunday finally bring me very nice items even if some drops could be better than I found. After half of my runs It is better than I expected. Even on score even number of runs whitch is >750. :)

Well I'm afraid that I'm going to have to drop out of this tourney. Reasons, well number 1, Gears of War 2 just came out and all my spare time goes towards that and number 2, I'm getting bored of diablo 2 and will probably stop playing for a bit but I will still check the forums and I will be back. Thanks for hosting the tourney bassano.

Terrible score, but 4 grailers so far, so I'm not complaining.

@Bassano: That's an incredible run speed 👍

@cygnus: thanks, for now it brings fruit(nice items) too even if still no grailers but it is hard with my grail -6 with 3 pieces of cow set :)

Two more hours completed, and three more qualifiers added.

Before I started this tournament, I had a minimum item score in mind that I wanted to reach (I won't disclose it for the sake of maintaining score mystery). I'll say that with my last two hours, I reached and passed that score. So even though I'd bet I'll need quite a bit of luck in my last eight hours to win this tourney, I already feel like a winner. :cloud9: That said, there's still a LOT of room for improvement... two magical Sacred Armors so far...:coffee:

Finished. I'm pleased with the number of runs I was able to accomplish and with the runtimes I was able to get. By the end of it almost every run was under 3 minutes, and I managed to get my mean average time for all the runs down to about 3.5 minutes, which I'm fairly happy with. The bane of my existence in that area though is the horrible FHR rate of necros and getting cursed.

I had some decent finds: plenty of useful items and tons of socketables. 3 TC87's, 1 of them a grailer; 2 other grailers and 3 TC3's (2x death's sash and Vidala's armor). In the last 15 minutes I had a failed set archon staff drop, which was a little painful.

I'm fairly happy with my score. Don't expect to be near the top overall, but I think I did pretty well for myself considering my really low MF.

Didn't find either item I was really looking for, so more MFing is in store for me. Not sure if I'm going to load up Blizzy and hit AT or take my blizzballer to Baal just yet, but if it's Blizzy I may sign up with her later on and see how she fares. I must say I'm quite pleased with my poisonmancer, though. Would be interesting to see how big of a difference ~1 minute runs at 600 MF will feel compared to ~3 minute runs at 260, though.

Thanks for hosting this bassano, I really enjoyed it! I definitely made the right pick for my first tourney to join! :)

Gah, was sick over the weekend and very busy at the same time. Managed to get up to 19 hours although the last hour or so was miserable in terms of me not being motivated and bad drops. I am at work so I don't have my qualifiers with me just though I would mention. Hopefully I will find some time this busy week to do the last hour and hopefully improve my score a bit more.

Sorry for the double post. Finished up tonight. Great last hour as I found two of the rare's I really wanted. Will post all my results when the tournament is over I guess.

Sorry guys, I'm going to drop. For some weird reason I just can't find the motivation to MF.:badteeth:

3.5 Hours remaining. I've got some nice drops in the last few hours, so the score was improved by a small amount. I am going to be open about my finds and completely destroy your hopes: I have already found 4 IK mauls AND a dangoon's!😁

Edit: Btw I will complete my runs in the next 2-3 days, so I am considering to enter with another character. I like this tourney very much. Come to me, grailers!

I lost count of my runs but my final timing is 4-5 minutes per run including sightseeing in the town :whistling:

I was very upset with my finds till my last run, in which i found two qualifiers/grailers :jig: Then i saw that among my findings there was something i didn't assume to be qualifier but it was, so my qualifier count is 12. And i am very happy about them even though my runtime is slow and my score is low =)

Thanks to bassano again, for making me like lvl85 areas after all those years 👍. I will probably continue my runs with my necro in the pits when i am done with AT.

I am done with my runs and I am not winning. That`s for sure. Lost completely track of my number of runs, but average was 4:15 for the last 6 hours. Before that I managed 5 minutes per hour IIRC.

Even though I got a lot of the crappy qualifiers, I am still pretty happy. Gilgamesh` gear was incredibly bad(untwinked with just dual spirits and the rest standard MFequip from single-pass), so I had to be careful not to rush too much. Found a lot of useable stuff, and an incredible amount of mid-level runes in addition to 4 skillers. I might make a more serious entry with a meteorber, but I`ll have to quest through act 4 and 5 first with her, so we`ll see how much time is left.

Happy hunting everybody.

Decided to go with my Blizzy for my MF runs for now since my Blizzballer is only level 90 and Baal runs are slower than I'd like. Plus, I really enjoyed this tournament with my poisonmancer but now I'd like to see how I can do with the area run MF class. So I figured I might as well sign up again and give it another go.

I didn't do it before, but I'd like to state a couple of goals beforehand. I'm looking to get at least 10 grailers from these runs, which should get me down to grail -55 or so. Also looking to eclipse my previous number of qualifiers, which, to be honest, I will be shocked if I don't do. Lastly, I'm of course looking to achieve a higher score than my other char got. This will be a little more difficult than beating the qualifier number, but I'm hopeful. And, obviously, I'm looking for a couple of certain items but I'm not going to list them -- I'm sure you guys know why.

Good luck to everybody still running, and congrats to the others who have finished. May all our drops be red, gold and green. :)

~THERE~! Completed the entire 20 hours, and overall I'm quite happy with the results. Hooray for grailers! My score can easily be topped with some better luck, but I think it's competitive. However, this tourney wasn't about winning... it was about loot!!

For those who wanted to know: I lost the exact count of runs, but it's darn near 500 in the AT, entirely done on /p1. Total qualifiers is 32, not including a Gheed's and two rainbow facets. While I saw a ton of magical jewelry, the only unique (a Ravenfrost) was from the sparkly chest! Of all the sets and uniques, I found 86 each for a total of 172 for a ratio of better than 1 per 3 runs. Highest rune drop was a Hel. There were a few deaths along the way, but I leveled my Blizzer from 75 to **!

I cursed quite a bit at entire packs of champions dropping gold, but I still had a blast in this tourney. If I get a bit more motivation, I may take my broken Blizballer to the AT for a few more hours of runs... there's just under two weeks left, so why not make the most of it? 👍

Thanks to bassano for getting another item-find tourney organized. Maybe we'll get one more in before Christmas? :whistling: I'll be sure to send you my top 5 tomorrow. And because you mentioned it before and I'm curious, what are the last three items you're missing from a grail besides the Cow King pieces?

(edited table by most hours, then most qualifiers)

Finished as well. Final numbers:

Runs: 674
Qualifiers: 36
Score: higher than expected

I'll be equipping my other sorc Aine (orb/nova) tomorrow and hunt AT some more. I am looking forward to a new map and slightly different playstyle. She will probably not be able to equip so much MF and also the killing speed might be worse, but it's all about luck. I am definitely curious if I can beat my first "top 5":)

Grats on finishing ReadMenace, since you did so well I'll probably follow in your footsteps and see if I can level up a Blizzy to run AT for me after I finish my WSK runs on my amazon. I'm getting serious AT-envy after seeing how many qualifiers some of you have :)

Got off to a really slow start, runtime wise, but things are coming around now. Last 2 hours had 60 and 66 runs. I doubt I'll be able to get much better than that, considering my load times.

I'm only 6 hours in and I already have almost as many runs in as I did with my other char, and over half the total number of qualifiers. Also had 4 grailers, including the Arm of King Leoric, which finishes the exceptional unique grail for me. :alright:

Around run 50 I found a qualifier that changed my setup a bit and lowered my MF from the original 595.

@TheReadMenace: About Champions: I personally don't kill them most of the time because they almost always drop gold instead of the good stuff. I figure the time I save over a couple of runs not stopping to kill them adds up to more runs over time meaning better odds for good stuff on the whole. Just something to think about, congrats on your finds and on finishing!

After ~6 hours, I've finally found a qualifier, so I figured I should finally make my first update. Of course, the next run the exact same item dropped, doubling my qualifier total immediately.

That is an interesting approach. I'm not 100% sure about how it works but I think in the AT:
ilvl ** = bosses
ilvl 87 = champions
ilvl 86 = minions
ilvl 85 = normal monsters

If that is true my 29 qualifiers where split this way:
**: 21 qualifiers (including 1, 2 and 3 of my top 5)
87: 7 qualifiers (including 4 and 5 of my top 5)
86: 0 qualifiers
85: 1 qualifier

So it seems well worth it to kill the champions as they produced about 25% of my total qualifiers, besides being a good source of experience, gold and potions. I don't kill all normal monsters and minions but they are a decent source of plain and socketed items which sometimes have greater value than rare's. As such I would often kill some normal monsters while killing bosses and champs and get decent archon plates etc.

One other question: Do you guys bother to hit the sparkly chest in AT? I found the drops from it very disappointing. I hit it every run but I think my best drop was perhaps a Sol rune and very few normal/exceptional set/unique items.

minions are the same level as the bosses: level88.

I agree that killing Champs is a good idea (unless you find them painfully slow to kill - for example a melee-build against a Champ-pack of OK's). The way I figure it, you'll average 3 champs per champ-pack, and 2/3 of those will probably drop gold. Since they can drop every item in the game (at pretty decent odds), I think that's worth it.

... I'm on a roll now: I got my 3rd qualifier (yes, it's from a Champ too) :)

My going has been terrible...It alone has almost led to me going on a hiatus. I took 3 days away from playing cause my runs were so bad...

I hope to finish and have enough items to make a top 5 :)

Couldn't really motivate myself to do more than the 3h I did during the first few days so I guess that's it for me. Good luck to those who are still running :D

Caly said:
Grats on finishing ReadMenace, since you did so well I'll probably follow in your footsteps and see if I can level up a Blizzy to run AT for me after I finish my WSK runs on my amazon. I'm getting serious AT-envy after seeing how many qualifiers some of you have :)

Thanks, Caly! Note that we can't yet say how many IK Mauls, Windhammers, Credendums, Dark Adherent's, and Dangoon's Teachings we found... 😉

maareek said:
@TheReadMenace: About Champions: I personally don't kill them most of the time because they almost always drop gold instead of the good stuff. I figure the time I save over a couple of runs not stopping to kill them adds up to more runs over time meaning better odds for good stuff on the whole.

Yeah, that became somewhat apparent. But there are two reasons I still run them. 1) This Blizzer will eventually become my ammy gambler/ crafter, so any experience and extra gold is a good thing in the long run (admittedly, maybe not for a tourney with a finite time limit); and 2) my highest scoring qualifier came from a champion, so there was no way I'd skip them after that. 😁

Cius said:
One other question: Do you guys bother to hit the sparkly chest in AT? I found the drops from it very disappointing. I hit it every run but I think my best drop was perhaps a Sol rune and very few normal/exceptional set/unique items.

I did; my only unique ring popped there. Also had one qualifier pop, too! But really I never expected anything. Sometimes if I was quaffing a super healing I'd stand around a bit and collect gold, but there wasn't anything spectacular from it. But I figured that if a Ravenfrost can drop, so can an SoJ, so why not pop it to be sure?

TheReadMenace said:
I did; my only unique ring popped there. Also had one qualifier pop, too! But really I never expected anything. Sometimes if I was quaffing a super healing I'd stand around a bit and collect gold, but there wasn't anything spectacular from it. But I figured that if a Ravenfrost can drop, so can an SoJ, so why not pop it to be sure?

When I first discovered AT some months back I ran them about 50 times I guess to see and that map's sparkly chest seemed awesome. I recall getting uniques fairly regularly including jewelry and a facet. I was probably just really lucky with chest drops that time. Often I am waiting for my blizzard to kill the last boss or two that spawns around the chest so it costs me almost no time to hit it often, so I guess I will continue doing it in future AT runs.

I must say that this tournament has really awakened me to lvl85 area running. Before this most of my magic finding has been off act bosses and a little of pindle. If I had just tried a few hours I would have quit too as my first few hours where dismal. Doing the full 20 hours though let me see what sustained MF in those areas can do. Thanks Bassano!

4 more hours done, bringing me to halfway. 67, 63, 61 and 61 runs/hour. I'm trying to finish this up ASAP because I probably won't have a chance after this weekend to finish in time.

Sorc has been helping out my poisonmancer quite well: a fungal skiller and a +5/-4 poison facet found so far. Other notables include a Ko rune and a 40% Gheeds. I'm up to 6 grailers thus far, so I'm a little over halfway to my goal.

About champs: 3 of my qualifiers are from champs, and 3 of the qualifiers from my other char (who killed every champ he saw, though that wasn't many) were from champs (including one of my top 5). So I've no doubt they are good for items as well, and I greet them happily during normal runs but I just don't think they're worth the time spent in a timered tourney with a char that can move past them quickly. To each their own, though.

Basically my policy is to kill them if I'm working on a bosspack at the same time but ignore them if they are by themselves. Outside of the tourney though, I love seeing them for the same reason TheReadMenace mentioned: they're great for gold for gambling (Blizzy will be my crafter as soon as she reaches 94 [93 and ~1/8th right now, with the Ancients still to do] and my main gold finder since I haven't made a GF barb yet) since a pack of 3 will generally give ~20,000 gold.

About the chest: I finish each run in the chest room but rarely pop it. I do from time to time, but only if the final boss is CI and I'm waiting for merc to take him down. I pop it in runs outside this tourney, but haven't been impressed enough with the drops to spend the time on it in this situation.

I did another two hours at the AT which resulted with 0 qualifiers.

About champion packs; i kill every monster i face anyway and since one of my 3 TC87's dropped from champion packs i find it very worthwhile to kill those too. I do not feel safe if i leave monster behind even if i am teleporting around.

I have a very linear AT map where i run straight to the sparkle chest (which dropped nothing worthy of telling to me either). By doing so i cover only half of the whole area and face 3 to 7 boss packs on the way.

Equipped my other sorc, found "somewhat good" AT map and did first 25 runs. I am strongly disappointed with weak frozen orb's performance(dmg 430-450) and overall low safety. I am even considering putting SoJ, Mara's and some top quality charms away for the case of character death.

So far I am averaging roughly 3.5 minutes per run, but it should improve over time. I am still not used to the new map. Found only 1 qualifier, whis is actually very good and most probably will stay in the top 5.

The chance of beating my first score is minimal, among others due to the fact I have much worse map and I also need to kill normal monsters on my way for improved safety. The sorc has ES and maxed TK, but her mana bulb is empty all the time, I have never noticed FO was so mana intensive. I might try swapping reaper's with insight, but decrepify is so damn good that I doubt it is a good idea. So maybe I'll sacrifice MF and take frostburns instead of chancies...

Good luck everybody!

Back when patch 1.10 was released and the alvl85 areas became useful for MFing, my first ever AT runner was an FOrber 'cuz I'd never had a Blizzard sorc before. And yeah, I had the same exact problems you're experiencing... slow runs from a comparedly underpowered skill, no safety, some mana issues. I mean, I LOVE FOrb, but it simply can't compare to Blizzard for kill speed. Needless to say, she didn't last long and I moved onto the Pits with my GA/MS 'zon.

Although initially I thought that Insight would be better than a Reaper's, I just changed my mind. Even on /p1, because FOrb is less than effective, if your merc gets mobbed he's probably toast without Decrep. A merc with Decrep is better than no merc at all. So yeah, I'd go for the Frosties, too.

It took me a while to get started as I've been pretty busy, but I'm now happily plowing through and I should be able to finish by next Friday.

After five hours, I've collected a fair amount of qualifiers, including a couple TC87's and grailers. No amazing drops so far, but I was pleasantly surprised upon realizing that one of those qualifiers ranked much higher than I had initially thought. Among non qualifiers, I've found a 40% Gheed's Fortune and a Tal Rasha's Adjudication. Highest runes so far were a Lum and two Io's.

I'm averaging slightly under 2 minutes per actual run, and almost exactly 2 minutes after selling, muling, etc. Not anywhere as fast as some experienced runners, but I'm quite pleased because I've never been much of an area runner (too much of a packrat!) and because I'm not playing an optimized character (Blizzballer). This tournament is certainly increasing my interest in running areas, however, so I might build a couple dedicated characters soon.

Also, I'm playing with an interesting map. Bosses and champions are only spawning in the first half of the map, so I don't have to move around much. Downside is that I rarely get more than 5-6 packs. And I've seen Sacred Armors drop, so at least I won't be affected by the possibility (is it true?) that some maps cannot drop certain item types! :)

Fixed table.

I'm in shock right now. With about 8 minutes left in this past hour one of the items I had been hoping for dropped, and it dropped with a very nice roll. When I took the screenie my comp sort of stopped for about 30 seconds and I almost had a heart attack thinking it might freeze or D2 would error out or something but, mercifully, that didn't happen. I really, really want to say what the item is, but in respect of the tourney rules I'm not going to. I really hope the rest of you have some moment like that during the course of this tournie, though, because it feels amazing.

3 more hours in the books (64, 63, 61), and 8 more qualifiers. So I've passed my previous qualifier total, not that that's a surprise. Up to 7 grailers now, so I still have a shot at reaching that goal as well.

Thanks again, bassano, for hosting this tourney. I'm so happy right now. :jig::cloud9:

maareek said:
I'm in shock right now. With about 8 minutes left in this past hour one of the items I had been hoping for dropped, and it dropped with a very nice roll. When I took the screenie my comp sort of stopped for about 30 seconds and I almost had a heart attack thinking it might freeze or D2 would error out or something but, mercifully, that didn't happen.

omg, just reading that freaked ME out o_O

Grats on the drop though, whatever it was, that is indeed a very nice feeling.

Logging another 2.5 hours for myself, definitely the best runs I've had yet. I've managed to get my times down a bit; clearing WSK 2 and 3 and the Throne up to Baal in about 10 min, and CTA is making the runs smoother as well. And I just had my very first TC87 drop ever. :D It's nothing all that useful to me, but still, pretty exciting. I've also gotten some decent non-qualifiers, including a Pul rune and my very first cold facet ever, which will be a nice addition to the Nightwing's Veil I found a little while ago... nice timing since my Blizzsorc is just about at the level to use it. Yay.

Happy runs all.

ETA: Okay I am a noob. It's not my first TC87 ever, I have a Mav's True Sight that I found in the Pit months ago. Didn't know that was a TC87!
Found a Gull, ilvl **. That's about as rare as a Shaeffer's. There's no justice in this world :rant:

There have been some good finds, but my score is even more pathetic than my usual MFO suckiness. But there's still time for that to change ...

EDIT: On the bright side, runs are down to 1:35 on average.

This is probably my last update before I finish. Got in another hour with 67 runs, almost have my total average up to 60 runs/hour. Found 4 more qualifiers, two of them grailers, bringing me up to 9. I hope I can manage 1 more in the course of the final 6 hours to get me to my goal.

I'm hoping to get to 50 qualifiers and set a new high mark (which bassano, along with some of the other more experienced runners, will most likely break), to set another goal for myself now that I'm here. So far this tournament has gone better for me than I could have imagined. I'm going to have so many new toys to play with when it's over I won't know where to begin. :)

I manage to get 6 hrs together. But not very enthusiastic ones dropwise. I hope to get as many runs I can to the deadline if not the whole 20hrs. I really don't have much free time nowadays. I do all clears so my times are not so great. But hey, you know, perservierence may pay off down the stretch.

p.s.: I do have my account issues solved so I can join in with my old account.

Finished. Last 6 hours: 66, 64, 61, 64, 63, 62. The last 2 hours saw one quite rare item drop and another fairly rare item drop with an almost perfect roll. I'm really looking forward to the end of this tourney so we can all see the great hauls other people have had.

I'd never given area runs a real go before this tourney. A few hundred AT runs (less than 500, probably less than 300) and maybe 50-75 Pit runs was about it. Most of my MF time was sporadically hitting various targets - the only dedicated MF I did was on Pindle (guy drops ya a Death's Web and 13123213 other nice items and it's hard to stay away ya know) but this tourney has really made me respect how effective these kinds of MF runs can be. I've also noticed (*warning, anecdotal experience ahead, do not take as fact*), with both of my chars, that the front half of the hours tends to be a grind and the back half (the last 10 hours) tends to be more fruitful.

I feel pretty lucky about my finds. Most of the items that dropped (at least the important ones) had really nice rolls and I had quite a few nice finds. Had 5 TC87s and 2 TC3's (Infernal cap, Vidala's armor), best rune was a Ko, and I had 2 facets drop. All in all, I picked up 13 grailers. Had a failed set Scourge, 2 rare sacred armors and 6 magical sacred armors.

Score spiked up considerably in the last ~7 hours of the tourney and I'm pretty happy with where it ended up.

Best of luck to those of you still running, and I hope everybody has had more successful runs than they expected. And thanks again to bassano for hosting. :)

maareek said:
Best of luck to those of you still running, and I hope everybody has had more successful runs than they expected...

No, at least not me...Despite the fact, that i found also 5 TC 87 items, i found none grailer which is huge failure for me...And also my score is not as high as i hoped...

Anyway congrats to finishing this great job twice and as You said, thanks bassano for hosting it 👍

Updated table, I'm up to 11 hours of running now. The last 4 have been dry. 1 qualifier, and its very low end... On the bright side I have got a Hel and Dol rune, a 7% small MF charm and a Barbarian mastery skiller. Getting a bit doubtful if my real life will allow me to complete 20h before the tournament ends, but I will try to squeeze them in somehow. :)
Halfway there. 6 elites that I kept. 4 are TC 87s. I'll do my best to reach 20 hours, if only another weekend was left to run...

Finally done. Only 13 qualifiers total, which is quite low compared to everyone else, but probably to be expected given the area I was running and my amount of MF. However I did get a nice surprise in my last few hours in the form of a fairly rare TC87, which will at least keep my score from being completely embarassing. ;) Pretty fun overall. I admit to being a bit disappointed in that none of the items that dropped were all that useful for me, but I've at least improved my skill and speed at WSK running, so there is that. Currently trying to decide whether I should try to get some hours in on my Meteorb in the Pit, or possibly try to level my Blizzy and do some AT runs with her. Hmm.

Thanks for the tourney bassano!

I'm halfway through. I'm getting plenty of qualifiers, even compared to some faster runners, which can probably be attributed to the fact that I'm killing a lot of regular monsters. (I can't help it as I hate skipping stuff, and besides I need the experience.) Unfortunately, none of these qualifiers have "wowed" me, and my score has barely improved since the first five hours. Plenty of time left though! And I'm going to try and speed up slightly to reach 600 runs.

*edit* I found a Ber right after posting this, so this tournament will be a huge success for me, no matter what! :)

I'm at the 5/8th point. Still not sure if I'll make the 20 hours before the end, since this is getting a little boring. I've found a couple of decent score-increasing qualifiers today though (neither one is particularly useful, but oh well).

I can honestly say this is the least I'm ever wanted to do anything in any game ever. I will try to finish out 20 hours but it will be close. No grailers, no TC87, 1 TC84, no unique jewelry. If not for the HoZ I found on my first run this would be a total waste of D2 time. I have also decided to retire this character after the tourney, she's too predictable and not safe enough to run Baal.

Some more hours, some more qualifiers - and yes, I already had my share of set/unique ogre mauls... :rolleyes:

Removed myself from the list. I did 3 hours of runs and found 1 qualifier, then didn't have any time and then got bored. Thanks and sorry, Bassano.
3 more hours done.
12.5 Hours done with 250 runs and 16 qualifiers. I've got used to playing with FO sorceress some more, so my runs are now both faster and more safe. No extraordinary drops so far, although there was a few grailers already. I see lots of white and blue versions of great base items, always telling myself "next time it has to be that astreon's/dweb/tyrael's"😁

Halfway there. I'm not sure if I have enough leisure time to finish the 20 hours, but I'll do my best.
The last 5 hours netted me 2 grailers, so if I don't find anything else from the rest of runs I'll be pleased anyways :)

And since I now use the Warriv trick I can keep my BO stick on switch and run much more aggressively than I used to. I think I could reach 1200 runs if I can keep the pace or increase it a little.

Fifteen hours down. I have been collecting a good amount of qualifiers, and my score has been slowly but steadily increasing, but I have yet to find any unique/set that would put a big smile on my face. I guess it's payback for the Ber I found earlier. :)

Update. I'm in half, and my score corresponds with that. Still non-qualifiers are better than qualifiers.

today I did 6 hours of runs(73,70,76,77,79,77 runs/hour) with only small improve of score whitch was nice even after 10 hours. Another 18 new qualifiers and 5 from it are TC87 and 3 of them I dropped in last today hour but nothing special :)
but almost nice non qualifiers I found one perfect fire facet and 14% wisp projector(shame beacuse I need 18+% for PvP)
and I am finally lvl96 with my blizzsorc after 9k AT runs,8k pindle runs and 5k mephruns on p1 :D

12.5 hours and I'm out. I'm retiring my old comp and moving to a new one ... that runs Vista. And apparently only Vista :rant: Spent many many hours yesterday and today trying to get stuff working, still facing a lot of errors. D2 refuses to run; I've tried just about everything. Funny thing is I got D1 to run.

Anyway, I won't be able to spend much time on this this week, so I'm done with this tournament. No high scoring finds but I can still send my top 5 if bassano is interested. 7 or so grailers (52 to go, and Meph can drop about 30 of them) so I'm pretty happy. Thanks for hosting!

/public service announcement: Pindlethon 5 starts Jan 2.

Cygnus said:
12.5 hours and I'm out. I'm retiring my old comp and moving to a new one ... that runs Vista. And apparently only Vista :rant: Spent many many hours yesterday and today trying to get stuff working, still facing a lot of errors. D2 refuses to run; I've tried just about everything. Funny thing is I got D1 to run.

Are you upgraded to 1.12a? I spent 4 days in a futile battle with my Vista box before I was forced into the version upgrade as a last resort. It worked well enough - even though I'm still required to insert the CD (despite the fact that 1.12a is supposed to be a no-CD patch :p).

Otherwise, you have my sympathies for also getting stuck with this Fisher-Price (P.)O.S.

Unless you count the 3 times I've died in the last 2.5 hours, it was entirely uneventful. :(

Oh well, 75% of the way done, and still holding out hopes I'll make it to 20 hours - or more preferably, find one "good" item. At this point I look at this tournament as "paying my dues" (read: time spent on MF runs will eventually return something nice - I'm just waiting on 'eventually'), lol. I guess I did find my best rune of the tourney so far: a Dol.

@cygnus:eek:f course that I am interested :) even if you do not have 20 hours you can win it
@Cygnus: D2 worked on my father's notebook with Vista, too. Upgraded to 1.12a (before I even noticed it was necessary), got a message that I need the CD, so I mounted an image and it worked. No other problems experienced so far.

Ok, I spent ~6 hours running Forgotten Temple with Nienna, and aside from levelling her to clvl86, I have only got one elite weapon (Meph's stuff) with mediocre roll and two other low-end qualifiers :(

At least, I have finally maxed out DTail..

Last 5 hours brought me couple nice items that helped me reach my goal in points for this tourney :)
By looking at what I have found to this point I'm pretty optimistic about the last 5 hours :rolleyes:

@bassano: Over 1200 runs at 16 hours!!! That's just sick :shocked:

3 days and 1 hours warning it is just time for last TC87 drops e.g. tyreal,deats web,... :)

@callador: number seems good especially when it is possible make it during 2 days when I will have time for it. This is nice training for MFO competition :)

Ok, I'm done.

It was fun, thanks a lot bassano for hosting. At least I got two grailers and mu hammerdin got a level and it's about a halfway through to lvl95. Some random baalrunning with him should level him enough.

Drops, yuck. Too bad if Cygnus can't finish his hours, still he'll most likely be the King of Mausoleum. Found 3 TC87's and one of them is a duplicate, darn it! Highest rune was Lum from a monster, my Mausoleum map has 3 superchests and I got 8 Hel runes, why not something tiny bit better (like a Vex for example :whistling:)

I think that Mausoleum really can't compete with other A85's, most of the time I had 4-5 bosspacks during the run and I think there's a cap of 6 bosspacks, at least I never saw more (could be my map also, not sure). But, if you play HC, don't have super gear and you want to run P8, go Mausoleum. I didn't drink once, neither did my merc, there's no danger there. And, only two monster types, Zombie and Skeleton, both Lightning Immune, so non-Lightning characters go there :)

Some numbers I wrote down while running:
Code:
Run amount:    565
Run time:    20:00
Qualifiers:    22
Grailers:    2
Highest rune:    LUM
Experience
gained:        258 millions
Skillers:    6 (2x Bow, 1x Nec Summon, 1x Curse, 1x DefAura +frw, 1x PnB +33life)

Also, I wrote down how many rare items I find that has a TC87 Unique or Set alternative:
Code:
Glorious Axe
Giant Thresher        x3
Berserker Axe
Winged Harpoon
Scissors Suwayyah    x2
Sacred Armor        x3
Caduceus
Colossus Blade        x2
Hydra Bow
Mythical Sword

I was quite pissed to see those Sacred Armors, all three were found between runs 350-450.

But that's all, thanks for bassano, I'll send you my score tomorrow (too lazy to do counting now) and good luck everyone who are still running 👍
Finished the other sorc.

433 Runs, 30 qualifiers, slightly worse score than in the previous attempt, but regarding usefulness, the drops were at least as good.

If I count the two attempts together, I am getting 40 hours with 1103 runs (less than bassano in 16 hours!!!???:crazyeyes:) and 66 qualifiers. This tourney has put me from grail -59 to grail -40, which is less than I was expecting but still decent. If only it was so easy from now on...

Good luck everybody. Go go bassano, you are my champion!👍

Edit: Btw my blizzsorc made it from 92 to 93 and orb/nova sorc from ** to 91 during this tourney.

Edit2: Highest rune was a Fal(and an Ist dropped a few moments after the tourney was over:))

bassano said:
3 days and 1 hours warning it is just time for last TC87 drops e.g. tyreal,deats web,... :)

By my math that means there should be roughly ~40 hours from this post - I couldn't remember earlier, so I decided to check. 😉 But bassano gets to handle the final details on time-keeping.

Personally, since I couldn't remember if the last full day was Wed. or Thu. on this side of the atlantic, I've been running a lot today (Wed.). I'm up to 18.2 hours, and should be able to make it to 20 hours. I'll do a proper update when finished, but the progress summary: my score's gone up moderately in the last couple of hours, but the items that caused that weren't particularly notable.

Oh well, I guess I can no longer claim that my luck has been bad; I just don't feel I can claim good luck quite yet. :p Maybe the last ~100 minutes I have available will do the trick.

Best of luck to everyone still running.

Hmm, 11 hours gone so at least I'm over halfway done. I'll definitely be struggling to finish but I'll give it my best shot to nerd it up as much as possible tonight and tomorrow to hopefully scrape home in time. Finds have been pretty good with a couple of nice TC87s so far. Started on p3 but decided after a couple of runs to stay on p1 to maximise safety with speed.

Good luck to others leaving it to the last minute, procrastinators unite! :crazyeyes:

15 hours and 402 runs done, 13 qualifiers. Alas I don't have the time to run this through, real life taking too much of my time. My final 5 have been sent in, and I'm done.

Not very happy with my results, anyone else got 400+ runs and only 13 qualifiers?? Anyway, the best of luck to those still slugging it out with the last few hours! :alright:

Finished!!! I only found 3 qualifiers in the last 5 hours, but they each made my top5. Somewhat surprisingly, almost every decent item I found during the runs was from random mobs in WSK - Baal and his minions were mostly useless except for a few minor additions to my self-found WSK/Baal grail, so my score didn't suffer from where I was running (beyond the wasted time on minions+Baal, that is).

I also must've seen ~40 white/blue/yellow Hydrabows, Scourges, Dimensional Shards, Unearthed Wands, Caduceuses, etc. Sadly, none of the green or gold variety though. My best find of the tourney was a non-qualifier, and dropped on my 197th run:

Sparking Grand Charm of Sustenance
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 42
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Fingerprint: 0x61f541d7
+22 to Life
+1 to Lightning Skills (Sorceress Only)

<--- that quickly replaced one of the plain sparking skillers on BBIV. I also found a plain Natural skiller at one point.

Good luck to those still running. Thanks for hosting bassano.
Edit: results emailed.

Even my 20 hours are just over after today. In last 4 hours 10 qualifiers and one of them nice(it is nice roll for PvP) but nothing in top5. My score is 13 runs more than I expected. Score of top5 is quite good when it is only 20 hours of running.

Total number of qualifiers 64 and 12 of them are TC87.
One perfect fire facet and bad rolled wisp projector.
No skillers :(
Highest rune Fal and then 3 Dol.
I never died during that runs and I am finally on lvl96.
Next runs I am prepairing during next MFO beacuse tyrael hunting is still actual. :)

I wants thanks to every player whitch played in tournament and I hope that you are satisfied with drops and some players with their grailers.

And now is 25 hours warning from this post then will be end of running time.

For now I have results from cca 10 players so I hope that next results came during this weekend for have complete results table.

Good luck to all runners for last day of tournament. :)

I had to slow down due to school stuff but i will be able to finish on time. Considering my low mf and slow running times, i am very happy with my drops although there is nothing spectacular. I am removing my other char from the list but i will surely do my leveling in the pits with him thanks to the experience i got from this tourney.

Good luck to all...
Nac.

@Bassano: 25 hours? I thought the tournament was already over by this midnight :scratchchin: Anyway, if there is indeed one more day left, I could squeeze in a few more runs.

So far, I am at roughly 8 hours, and the results are quite poor. Disappointed after the first part (Forgotten Temple), I switched the area yesterday, and did over an hour worth of Tunnels (..and eating, and chatting with RIP over ICQ :rolleyes:). Adding some more runs today, I have eventually found a green ogre maul to ease my pain 😉

Results sent, should be good for a laugh. Only 12.5 hours + inefficient area + bad luck = not good. Plenty of grailers though, so I'm happy. Thanks bassano for hosting!

Neksja: 3 tc87 is 2 more than what I found. I think you're going to win our little mausoleum fight. I'll have my revenge in the Pindlethon though :evil:

EDIT: 21 qualifiers. Best rune: Io. Best non-qualifier: Highlord's Wrath

That goodness that is over...a couple of above average drops in my last run tonight (Thanks to my wife for letting me have 3 hours to get it done). Bassano I have sent over my score. Thanks for running the tourney and congrats to all on their drops...

I got in just over 12 hours. Results weren't too hot but I did manage one grailer (Heaven's Light) so it wasn't too bad. I also leveled from about 76 to 89.5 so that was nice.

bassano,

forgot to send my top5 earlier, but I just did, so it should be in your mailbox. Let me know, if it's not in there.

Done, and email sent to bassano. Last five hours were quite disappointing, as I didn't improve my score and I didn't find anything useful. Overall I believe that my score is reasonable, but most of the points are coming from items which are practically useless. It doesn't really matter though as I had fun regardless. :) And, well, I cannot complain as I scored a Ber in the process, as well as some grailers. Thanks again for hosting, bassano!

Meh , I completely failed at this turney. I ran out of steam I guess. Only managed 6 hours with 3 qualifiers. Haven't played D2 for a couple of weeks now. As I was getting really bored with it. Ah well , I guess it will take some time until I'm interested again. It's not the first time for me to make a pause like this.

Alright I'm done, managed to haul myself to 16 hours total just wont be able to quite make it. Even so, very happy with my finds even if I didn't get anything I was explicitly searching for. Still this was the first time I had seriously run a lvl85 area for MF purposes alone and was quite fun, those conviction/might auras always keep you alert and on your toes! Managed to get my sorc from 92 to 93 aswell, exp still creeps up nicely at p1. I'll also add my thanks to Bassano for hosting, was a fun tourney thanks champ 👍

Finished!
My score didn't increase during the last 5 hours, but I got some nice finds nevertheless :)
Nice amount of qualifiers, but few more TC87's would've been nice. But I can't complain, since my grail score improved by 2 :yes:

My luck with Scourges was just terrible - I saw over 20 blue/rare one's but not a single golden one :coffee:

My best non-qualifier was SoJ from sparkly chest and the highest rune was Io. I almost got to lvl 95 with my blizzy, so I'm going to do some more AT runs until she levels.

This was a nice tourney and I'd like to thank bassano for organising it 👍
I have sent my results and I'm eagerly waiting for the results :rolleyes:
Damn it 👎

When I got back home I was eager to finish the 20 hours, did hour and half but then a storm caused the power outage... That left me at 17.5 hours and I have only one hour left til' the end, but won't bother since it would probably wield no result.

There are 13 qualifiers in my stash, but I didn't keep all of them so the number isn't precise. Thanks to bassano for hosting the tournament! I'll send the results tomorrow.

All of the good stuff was dropped in the first 10 hours so I wasn't motivated to finish my 20 after the electric power failure that happened in my street today. Thanks to basssano for organizing, I'll send my top 5 list tomorrow.

I am done finally. While checking my qualifier count i saw that i made some mistakes with some items. The correct number is 22, three being tc87 items. Thanks to bassano for hosting, i hope we can see a sequel to this tourney so that i can continue running lvl85 areas :yes:. I will be sending my score soon.

tournament is just over
I recieved meny results table and I will put them to table tomorrow
thanks to all runners for participate in tournament it was nice 3 weeks with area 85 runs almost for me :)
I will post results thread monday morning CET so who not sent reasults yet you have 2 days for doing it :)

Did a total of 11 hours of running. found some good items, including a grailer (that's something when you are at -6). Thanks for the tourney Bassano, to bad i didn't have more time to run.

Done, although I underestimated time a bit, I didn't manage whole 20 hours. Results are average, non-qualifiers made me more happy. Highest rune Io. Results sent already.

Good tourney 👍.

Managed only 10 hours due to RL, got 9 qualifiers, highest rune was Lum, 3 Nature's Peace dropped, 1 Skiller. The rest will be posted in the IFT :) Thanks for organising that tourney, bassano! 👍

Did about 8 hours total; results sent. Eventually, I have realized that the Trang's gloves I found have 73 defense compared to 72 on those in my main stash, thus I must consider it a success :wine: *hides*

I manage to do 10hrs. This is most unfortunate but hey that's that. I had a grand total of 13 qualifiers. Nothing spectacular in terms of scoring but found a grailer instead. A poor efort overall but it was the most I can manage to do.

12 hours warning for results sending
I have not yet results from buraz,nubikoen,starloader and bcoe from players with almost few hours of runs
so that players in list let me know if I should wait for a while yet for your results

Here I am. RL took me to village last two weeks, so I was`t able to do more than 10 hours. Also I was out of reach of internet, and couldn`t post results sooner. Sorry for delay.
I sent results to bassano, but now I see that I`m a bit late :banghead:
Oh, whell

never mind I will post your top5 to results thread now :)
Cygnus said:
/public service announcement: Pindlethon 5 starts Jan 2.
Isn't MFO at that time?

After a super quick search, it confirms my thoughts that MFO's are often in the summer. There was one in February once, but the threads I saw were started in July. Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone. Had a new winter tradition begun that I've missed? :scratchchin:

MFO is twice for year and last year winter MFO was during january so I am waiting for this january as MFO time

Code:
Player         Character       Class         MF  Time(h) Qualifier  Area    HC?    /p?     Run#
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
maareek        Blizzy          Sorceress     528    20      57      AT             p1      1213
RIP            Grom            Barbarian            20      38      Pits   HC      p1       0
krovak         Hylinda         Sorceress     427    20      36      AT     HC      p1      674
Thomh          Gilgamesh       Druid         350    20      34      Pits   HC      p3       0
TheReadMenace  SclerosesReigns Sorceress     475+   20      32      AT             p1      ~500
krovak         Aine            Sorceress    ~360    20      30      AT     HC      p1      433
Cius           Lyza            Sorceress     377    20      29      AT             p1      ~800
maareek        Blighter        Necromancer   263    20      28      Pits           p3      338
Neksja         Cheeser         Paladin       380    20      22      Mauso          p8      565
Caly           Simone          Amazon       ~300    20      13      WSK            p1      ~105
sirpoopsalot   BBIV            Sorceress     303    20      18      WSK            p1      200
bassano        Blizzardmaster  Sorceress     603    20      64      AT             p1      1516
Rummski        Rosemary        Sorceress    ~600    20      16      AT             p3      0
Rapha          Sairina         Sorceress    ~500    20      43      AT             p3      601
Callador       Sylvanas        Sorceress     535    20      67      AT             p1      1136
NacRuno        Articuno        Sorceress     250    16      11      AT     HC      p1/p7   ~280
Machete        Stormy          Sorceress     334    16      32      AT     HC      p1      634
Darkoooo       Bao-Dur         Necromancer   346    13      0       Pits   HC      p3      148
Cygnus         Andromeda       Sorceress     578    11      20      Mauso          p1      346
Belcarl        Smaug           Sorceress    ~300    15      13      AT     SC      p3      402
Ohomemgrande   Orbydra         Sorceress     361   12.2     30      AT             p1      467
bcoe           Muscari         Sorceress     398    10      13      AT             p1      0
buraz          Morana          Sorceress     498    10      7       AT             p3/p1   ~227
Antonio        Snowflake       Sorceress            10      0       AT             p       0
sequana        Zima            Sorceress    ~600    10      23      AT             p1/p3   320
Grisu          Inultus         Paladin       220    8.3     7       RoF    HC      p3/p8   412
nubikoen       Moe             Druid        ~300    7       0!!     Pits           p3-8    65
Schopenhauer   Dorothea        Sorceress    ~650    6       8       AT             p       120
Tanksaabas     Blargh          Amazon       ~250    4       3       WSK            p1      12
Starloader     Jeriah          Sorceress     558    3       0       AT             p       100
forbidenorc    Shiva           Sorceress            0       0       AT             p       0
Hrus           Hecathe         Sorceress            0       0       AT             p       0
Gimli          Gelosa          Sorceress     444    0       0       AT             p       0
omgmir         iFiW            Sorceress    ~450    0       0       AT     HC      p       0
DireHuner      FrostWave       Sorceress     297    0       0       AT     HC      p       0
LionheartO.S.  miffer          Sorceress            0       0       Pits           p       0
jjscud         Anyanka         Amazon        550    0       0       Pits           p       0
Jaedhann       Zalikoo         Paladin      ~450    0       0       Pits           p8      0
jrlafrance     Temps_deMarteau Paladin      ~400    0       0      
Ugla           Nienna          Assassin             0       0        ?             p       0
mir            balthazar       Necromancer   130    0       0       Pit/WSK/RoF    p       0

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High