Area 85 MF tournament 2009 - Signups and Progress [by bassano]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @bassano on Sep 19, 2009
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

Area 85 MF tournament 2009

Description :
OK it is again time for some fun. Another autumn came I think it is time to do somethink with grail status table for several players.
Still without tyreal I am looking around for some good places how to find somethink.
So all of you you can join the fun and keep your MF quality on top level with another strong MFer playing vs stopwatch.

here is link for last year tournament :
results

Rules
1) Running lvl 85 areas . Difference between other tournament is that you are not restricted by number of runs but by running time which is 20 hours.
2) You must run all the time with single char. (you can have more chars in tournament but you have 20 hours for every char).
3) SC/HC is allowed and the same with RRM/RWM mods.
4) You can use every players setting.
5) Drops counted to final score can be only from monsters in area. Drops from chests are not counted.
6) Start of the tournament will be 28th september 0:00 CET and end of the tournament will be 18th october 23:59 CET
7) Score will be based on MFO scoring system from area lvl 85 lvl 85 Areas (I used score sheet from jjscud thread).
8) End of sign up will be on tournament start but players which just have some char signed in tourney, can enter with another chars even during tournament. (But if you will send me PM that you want sign in even after tournament will start I probably will say "OK no problem" but not do it without send me PM )
9) Winner will be runner with best score of his top 5 items.
10) I will try make some prizes for top 3 runners but I prefer system without pick up of items because some players are selfound and some players have fear from loosing their grailers.
11) Each player after he will finish with his runs must send me his top5 scorelist and after end of the tournament I will post result table.
My email is mario(dot)babunek(at)seznam(dot)cz
12) If I forgot some rules let me know and I can edit it.

Here is a list of lvl 85 areas: The Mausoleum, The Pit, Maggot Lair lvl 3, Ancient Tunnels, Kurast Sewers lvl 2, Forgotten Temple, Ruined Fane, Disused Reliquary, River of Flame, Chaos Sanctuary (not including seal boss packs and Diablo), Worldstone Keep, Throne of Destruction (not including minion waves))

Here you can find some stopwatch programs for better system of time running whitch I used from jjscud MF pentathlon
Super Simple Stopwatch (free).
Stopwatch with save session feature (free).
Stopwatch with save session feature (shareware).

Or you can use classic SIlo´s run counter whitch you can probybly found in stickies and is very good choice.

I want to thank again jjscud for some references which I used here from his tournaments.

Last edited:
Re: Area 85 MF tournament 2009

Meh, here we go.

I've been waiting for this one, Bass, thanks 👍

Well, before one week i could be in with three characters, now they are just two (my hammerdin died)...

Anyway, its chance for Grom to reach lvl 95 in Pits and at the same time chance for Ariadna to try out AT runs finally!And hopefully chance to find some grailers aswell :scratchchin:

GL to all runners, especially to all czech competitors 👍

That's like an hour a day? I guess I can do that.

Hmm, it's been a while since I've been to the Ancient Tunnels... :scratchchin:

Bassano, you just forced one lurker to crawl out of his lair:wink:

I am currently working on a new area runner - maybe I'll add him, if I have enough time for two chars.

I'm in. Trying to go with two chars if I have the time, I just have to think what to throw on for the blizzy.

Hell yes. I had a pretty awesome run last year, so I gotta see if I can defend my #2 position. I've got about the same amount of MF as before but a lot more safety, so I should get at least 50% more runs in.

Look out, world: TheReadMenace is here! :crazyeyes:

Same here as most in that I'm going to be working on a new area runner between now and then. If I progress enough, it might get added.

Sounds like fun.

I never did enough runs with my FN sorc to really get a good feel for her yet - this is a good excuse. I might also get into it with a Pit runner later, but we'll see how the AT running goes first.

Also, I volunteer to contribute something to the prize-pool. PM me if interested.

I need to level new pvp sorc and this can be good occasion. She can't carry much MF, but still I believe she can be decent. Let's see.

And yes, I need some update in Grail status table :yes:.

I'm up for it :)

This should not take too much time and it's always nice to have some competition kicking you in the back :)
Dweb here i come :whistling:

@sirpoops: I will let you know first that tournament will start. I will think about it :)

@all: thanks for sign up for now is not few when it is only first day of sign up :)

Count me in too. It's been a long while since I've done any mindless mfing, so it's time to get back into it.

I am entering with the first of my new pit runners. I may swap out for another, but that character is only going to be started tomorrow 👍.

This sound fun :)

A couple of questions though:

Do I need to have a trader profile for this tournament (in case I actually win something I give up the prize to the next one below me)?
May I change the amount of MF on my character during the tournament (I get a better pair of wartravs for example) or only until the beginning of the tournament? Same for player settings.

That'll be all I think.

Good luck everyone. :)

Maybe I oughta do some sort of running this fall, just so that I'll have a giveaway stash of unid items for christmas.

I'll add myself when I get home. I really wanted to participate in the last MFO, but couldn't. This will do for now :)

I'll be running WSK, probably with my newly built meteorb.

Chairnick said:
A couple of questions though:

Do I need to have a trader profile for this tournament (in case I actually win something I give up the prize to the next one below me)?
May I change the amount of MF on my character during the tournament (I get a better pair of wartravs for example) or only until the beginning of the tournament? Same for player settings.

It's hard to avoid changing your MF during the course of running sometimes, especially if you're using a lower level character and have a Skullder's equipped.

Basically, this kind of tournament is only about the items that you can obtain; the details are pretty minimal. There were some people last year that changed their /p settings freely. It might be best for you to decide early by doing a few test runs before the tournament begins, but I believe you're free to do as you wish. Maybe you could read the '08 tourney that was linked in the original post just to get a feel for how it all played out.

...bassano will have to rule on it, though, since he's the director. 😉

Count me in. Just built a new sorc the other day, Blizzard + Fire Wall, and she's seemed pretty great so far, level 77 now I think. Pretty sure I'll have her near 90 before the start of the tournament.

My meteorb is still to young so I'm going with my blizzard sorc instead.

Now the question is: do I drop an Ist into my DF for this contest while I'm waiting for that 5/5 cold facet to drop?? 30% extra MF for very little cost. :scratchchin:

Well cost of an Ist, Hel and TP book

If you have an Ist to spare, sure. I've put one in my Occy, and 3 days later I got an ethereal one.. now I need a new Ist :D

She ran Mephy in MFO hopefully the tunnels will be better...Good Luck everyone!

Blizzsorc for AT. Also, gonna try really hard to have my poisonmancer ready for pit runs by the time this thing starts.

I'm in. lvl96 Hammerdin and I'll run p8 Mausoleum. IIRC, I was the best Mausoleum runner last time and I just have to defend that title :) And I've been running other areas with my hammerdin, so I need a break from Pits/AT/WSK.

Damn you, bassano! Now I'll never finish my HF classic rush project! Oh well, I guess I'll manage an hour a day - have to get used to AT some time, don't I?

Entering Langnes, my Blizzy from last MFO.

Ohomemgrande said:
Now the question is: do I drop an Ist into my DF for this contest while I'm waiting for that 5/5 cold facet to drop?? 30% extra MF for very little cost. :scratchchin:

Well cost of an Ist, Hel and TP book
Well, the question is - should I socket a 2nd DF with an Ist since my 1st one is socketed with a 5/5 facet..? :scratchchin: :p

I'm not fully loaded on MF (would be 700 at 65% FCR) since I need the extra survivability from Spirit (FCR, FHR, Resists) in HC...at least till the time I get used to AT :rolleyes:

@bassano: Tell me if I can contribute something to the (HC) prize stash!

The Sorceress is still in NM Act1, so I better speed up. Didn`t plan to enter with her, but someone needs to challenge Neksja:) I`ll have to think about entering with my IKbarb as well, but I`m still kinda tired of him after the MFO and 3 hours a day is a lot.

The Paladin in a non-teleporting lamerdin, so I don`t expect much.

Edit: Added Grisu to the latest table.

Thomh said:
The Sorceress is still in NM Act1, so I better speed up. Didn`t plan to enter with her, but someone needs to challenge Neksja:)

Yey, challenger :) I'd love to see some more Mausoleum runners, but at least there'll be one who I have to beat. About my MF-%, I might do some test runs, if I can push my MF higher and still maintain good killing speed. Good thing is, Mausoleum is fairly easy place to run, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Prepare to get smashed. :D. Not yet sure how she and mercenary will fare, so /players settings still tentative. Hopefully more MF will come her way between now and then too. *hides*

EDIT: I put in JudgeDread.

hey can some one plz enter me

Judgedread ; MC_Hammer ; Paladin ; 395 ; 0 ; 0 ; Pit ; No ; P8 ; 0

Adding a SC char and he may end up my only runner as I feel the need to poison some skellies...

I have just tried out a different charm setup geared towards MF instead of damage/life and saw my MF nearly double while encountering no noticeable decrease in killing speed. Out went 6 combat skillers and assorted small charms and in came 168 MF. Damage went down from 13.5k to 11k but I could not tell the difference. 👍

I also gained a level which gave me +1%. :crazyeyes:

In my statistically completely insignificant 1 test run I saw more sets and uniques so I must be doing something right. :girly:

Grisu said:
Well, the question is - should I socket a 2nd DF with an Ist since my 1st one is socketed with a 5/5 facet..? :scratchchin: :p

Oh yes, the obvious solution. I'll Ist my 28% DF and facet my 30% one.

Excellent idea there.

i have a lvl 91 hammer-james id like to enter ill be running wsk but if im right i cant go through to baal correct. and is there a program or lest somewhere that puts items in order how do i know my top 5 basicly tyreals is obvious but what about others. Thankyou James

http://diablo.jjscud.com/scoring/lvl85.txt

This is almost certainly a mistake (school work :rolleyes: ), but at least it'll be fun.

James Neff said:
i have a lvl 91 hammer-james id like to enter ill be running wsk but if im right i cant go through to baal correct. and is there a program or lest somewhere that puts items in order how do i know my top 5 basicly tyreals is obvious but what about others. Thankyou James

Well, you can go through to Baal, but only your finds in the WSK and Throne will count towards the tournament. Drops from the waves and Baal will not. The scoring will be based off the sheet essojay provided.

Just as a note, I do intend to compete in this (I'm a sucker for anything that gives me just cause to do a bunch of AT runs) but I'm not going to signup yet. I have other D2 projects to finish before I can focus on this.

I need to join this baby! I should be able to get 20 hours in...

Decided to go with something wee bit different instead of the boring Blizz+AT combo. Running with my no-vita Strafe-Fury amazon instead. I think that'll end up being a much more enjoyable playing experience for me. Now all I've got to do is pick an area.

Pits is obvious, but I'm thinking River of Flame + Chaos Sanctuary just for the challenge of it. :coffee:

This is a good chance to get my Nova/Orber Clare some levels and maybe find some nice things in the process, plus I haven't run CS to death so it might be even be interesting 😁

Joosh 👍

I'm still lost here, so can someone please add me for the race.

Pentesilea, Amazon, SC, 300-ish MF (have to check the exact numbers), running WSK.

Sorry to bother you, Thomh, I misspelled my char's name. It's Pentesileia. And you got the player settings correct. :)

Added Nirolo to the table and removed my Fire Sorc from the Mausoleum. Sorry Neksja, you win that one. Instead I`ll go with the barb again.

Changed my entry, I tested my meteorb in AT and I wasn't quite satisfied with her, so I decided to build Blizz sorc asap and only three days later I have her at lvl 81 and (almost) ready to go. I just need to run Andy/Travi/Meph these few days in order to get Shako/Occu/Tal Amu (or preferably all of them). :)

Count me in. That's the reason i built a Blizzsorc anyway. :)

Just updated my mf%, did some test runs and optimized for more mf.

Hey, Sounds Great, and i can level a little too.

I look forward to seeing my results from an A1 cold plains sub-quest area.

Kefka

I'm going for fun here, and not using a sorc. I'm going to use my necro which is pretty quick I think, and I like it.

YES!! This is what I have been waiting for! I'm back (who? I hear you say) to show I'm not a one trick pony - runners beware. :evil: This was the tournament that got me hooked on AT runs, I hardly ever dabbled in them before I decided to join it, and boy I have never looked back since.

Running with my now lvl 94 blizzsorc who is deperate to get her ice cold mits on a nice Death's Fathom, though now that I've said that she's definately not finding one. :coffee: Since the starting date is also the start of my uni mid-semester break I will probably add my pit running IK barb into the mix as well to see how he goes.

Good luck to all and may the luckiest SPFer win!

Removing my sorc for the time being, and updating Milenko's MF. Swapped in 2 30% Nagels at least for now the test runs are stable. Good Luck everyone!

God help me, I'm in- though I vowed not to (as I can't really afford the time). I hope to get 20hrs in, but it's quite unlikely tbh. Still, it's the taking part that counts, right?

Also, if there's a prize fund (i.e. where people are asked to donate their best drops as a trophy for the winner) I'll have to drop out as I had a slight misunderstanding of the HC equipment rules that resulted in my not being permitted to trade.

GL to all!

Bit of advice before I decide to enter: what is the best place for a Windy to run?

That has to be pits, right. I would love to see how you would perform in the WSK, though. It might have some potential, but probably requires insane gear to deal with PIs at a decent pace.

Jason Maher said:
Bit of advice before I decide to enter: what is the best place for a Windy to run?

Probably Pits, due to the utter lack of physical immunes.

Just to confirm one thing myself: Am I right in remembering that while the Chaos Sanctuary is a 85-area, the Seal bosses and Diablo are not A85 monsters themselves?
Heaven help me I'm actually going to try this. Since I've been stalling on my tournament character I need something to jump start my game playing. As there are way too many sorceresses present, I'm going with a Necromancer and running the WSK. I don't actually expect to challenge for first place, but it will be interesting to see where I end up, as long as it is ahead of EmperorMoo. :whistling:

Low Key said:
Probably Pits, due to the utter lack of physical immunes.

I was thinking either Pits or Ancient Tunnels - are there any PIs down there?

Stone Skin bosses in AT can be PI, so yes.

Mursilis said:
I don't actually expect to challenge for first place, but it will be interesting to see where I end up, as long as it is ahead of EmperorMoo. :whistling:

The gauntlet, sir, has been thrown down! I shall see thee in the scoreboards!

edit: To be honest, it takes me approx 7-10 mins to do a run, so that's a minimum of 120 runs and a max of 171, so I don't expect to rock the boat. Having to run without Harmony and safely raise an army takes time...
I was hoping you'd say that. 👍 Besides which I'm using the same build as you, and my runs are probably in the same timeframe, if not longer. So we'll see which area wins out.

So glad I came back to the game in time for this tourney, I really enjoyed it last year. Previously I went with the underpowered option (Fishyzon in the WSK-- not that she's underpowered in general, but she is for this tourney). So this year I'm going with the cookiecutter Blizzsorc in AT. Looking forward to it!

Low Key said:
Just to confirm one thing myself: Am I right in remembering that while the Chaos Sanctuary is a 85-area, the Seal bosses and Diablo are not A85 monsters themselves?

IIRC, the Seal bosses are mlvl ** but, like Diablo, have their TC capped at 84. Neither the bosses or Diablo drops would count towards this tourney (you probably know, just making it clear for others). On the plus side, they should all be able to drop Azurewrath and Stormlash.

Updated MF and /players settings, and added another runner. Curious to see how many times better score will be for AT than Pits for me. :p.

Good luck all. :).

Dropping out because I'm too busy at school (full-time studies plus full time job :crazyeyes: ). Good luck, everyone!

Did this so updated my MF:

Death's Fathom
Dimensional Shard
One Hand Damage: 30 - 53
Durability: 50 of 50
Required Level: 73
Fingerprint: 0x85912dc6
Item Level: **
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+3 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+20% Faster Cast Rate
+28% to Cold Skill Damage
Lightning Resist +35%
Fire Resist +25%
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items 1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Ist Rune

After some runs to get the feel of things, I've updated the MF, and also decided to go p1. :coffee:

Fixed my MF (in LD50's post). Not sure how I was estimating ~400, but it's 250 "on the button."

I also realized that I messed up my stat points - I need to currently carry a +2 dexterity small charm, and would rather have FRW there. So I guess I have some warmup runs coming (to gain another level) before this begins. Fortunately I'm only level82, so that shouldn't be very hard or take very long.

Edit: It wasn't and it didn't. :p

A little practice helps too, as my run times went from ~105 seconds down to ~80 in only 16 runs. I'm still figuring out the tendencies of my map too, so I hope to knock another 15-20 off of that in the tournament too (but I'm fine with 80 to start).

I got my GA/Multizon to the Pits yesterday. I'm not all too pleased with her effectiveness just yet, but with her low-ish clvl there's some room for improvement. Her MF is sitting at 285 right now (I have to gear swap my from AT runner to do so), but three more small charms can put her dead-on a nice round number of 300.

Anyway, I'm adding her. Without incredible luck, she won't compete with my Blizzsorc since a run takes maybe 2.5-to-3 times longer, but I'm curious how my two scores will juxtapose each other. No guarantees that she'll get a full twenty hours, either, but I'll do my best.

Less than four hours (edit: DAYS. Not hours. :rolleyes:) 'til we begin. If I don't have a reason to post before then, let me say good luck to all participants! Anyone want to make any side bets how many Templars and Tyraels we see? :wink2:

sirpoopsalot said:
A little practice helps too, as my run times went from ~105 seconds down to ~80 in only 16 runs. I'm still figuring out the tendencies of my map too, so I hope to knock another 15-20 off of that in the tournament too (but I'm fine with 80 to start).

You're not wrong there: a few practice runs to tweak my MF/skills lowered my run time by almost 2mins to ~5mins.

Seems veerrryyy slow compared to 20-30s Pindle/Meph runs...

I'll try this with one of my Windyzons. She's of the Strafe/MS sort.
I've got a great Pit map for her. I doubt I'll be able to match the sorcs of course, but It'll be a nice change of pace.

I did some test runs with my Amazon in WSK and with blizz sorc in AT, and really, no contest there. So can someone please delete my amazon from the list and add my sorc.

Khalla, 454% MF, SC, running AT at P1.

Nirolo's change has been made. I prettied up the table in regards to everyone's spacing, too. 👍

edit: Well, unless Jason sees this and makes the appropriate changes himself, someone else will have to add nirolo. See what I get for being nice? :D

Right I'm in. Going AT, as the monsters there are a little less insta-death than those in the pit (bloody bow rogues). Hurricane will have to do for any Stine Skin bosses. My 1 run through the pit (included a death) netted me a cold skiller.

Ran Pindle for a little bit to try and find a bit of useful gear, and the very first run one of his minions dropped Tal's armour (**% MF), giving me a nice 64% jump over a PTopaz'ed Vipermagi. My character is really quite weak (life 760-odd), but even minus all the + skills to max MF, still packs a mean offensive punch. Now to roll me a map with the AT entrance near the WP.

The second MF figure in my table entry is including the merc.

edit: I decided I'd enter my Strafer as well.

edit edit: OK, a couple of questions. First, when the 20 hours is up, can you finish the run you are currently on, or do you have to stop right then and there? Second, is someone at some point going to mention what the scoring system is, or are we just supposed to use random.org? ;)

OK, attempt number two at getting nirolo's change in. :crazyeyes:

@Jason: Scoring is only about the top five items you find in those twenty hours (the score list for the individual items is linked in the original post). Each character has their own individual items, so each character will get twenty hours each and no mixing and matching of found items between them. Need examples? Check the results thread in the OP, too.

As for the timing, my suggestion that you either stop running as soon as the twenty hour mark is reached, or you disregard the run that puts you over twenty hours. Your call.

Heya, me again. :) With a help request again, of course. :) I'm such a n00b for some technical net stuff.

What is the best program to time the runs? And what is the best way to take screenshots and how to post them?

TheReadMenace said:
@Jason: Scoring is only about the top five items you find in those twenty hours (the score list for the individual items is linked in the original post). Each character has their own individual items, so each character will get twenty hours each and no mixing and matching of found items between them. Need examples? Check the results thread in the OP, too.

It might have helped if the link text had the word "score" somewhere, I thought it was a link to the list of level 85 areas, as that is what the text suggests. ;) Anyway, I'm up to speed now.

nirolo said:
Heya, me again. :) With a help request again, of course. :) I'm such a n00b for some technical net stuff.

What is the best program to time the runs? And what is the best way to take screenshots and how to post them?

The first post in this thread has links to timing programs: personally, I'm going to use the clock on the wall (I don't need to be accurate to less than a minute or so as the likilihood of racking up more than 10-15hrs total is quite low).

Secondly, you can get screenies by pressing "Print Screen", at the top RH of your keyboard. They are then stored in a folder in either your main Diablo folder or ATMA folder - on a different PC at the mo and can't remember.

To post screenshots, I use www.imageshack.us there you can upload your screenies and get a url to point to them.

This is why we love this game so much: after using two socket quests to poke holes in Jalal's Mane and Skin of the Vipermagie for PTopazes, I find Tal Rasha's armour (**% MF) and Harlequin Crest (50% MF) the same day. :crazyeyes:

I've signed up with my blizzy for now, but I've got a couple of questions as this is my first tourney.

1. Reading some of the previous posts, it seems to me that there will be a fixed prize-pool (from whomever that wants to donate), no?
2. Is it mandatory to list run counts/time? Stressing about run counts/times is just not something I enjoy.
3. Can I choose not to accept any prize if I were to place that high in this contest?

Good luck to everyone~

potter said:
1. Reading some of the previous posts, it seems to me that there will be a fixed prize-pool (from whomever that wants to donate), no?

I don't know if the pool has been fixed yet - that's up to bassano. I'm pretty sure any contributions here are just people trying to be generous, but you won't be required to donate anything yourself if you don't want to.

potter said:
2. Is it mandatory to list run counts/time? Stressing about run counts/times is just not something I enjoy.

Then don't stress about it. :p If you don't want to stress about it, my suggestion is to just keep a text-document where each time you run you update your start-time and end-time (with +1 minute per session if you don't want to track seconds). And you can track a rough # of runs here too. It should be pretty easy to add up 1200 minutes accurately this way, without getting overly bogged down by details or going past the 20 hour limit. Something like:

Code:
Date     Runs    Start   Finsish  TotalTime
sep29    ~10     11:30   12:35     66     (65 minutes, round up +1 for untracked seconds)
sep29      5     17:30   17:48     19
etc

It's nice to know the info on how different people do, so I think just an estimate on the runs is reasonable. But it's bassano's tournament, so he gets to make the final decision on this.

If you expect to make the 20 hours then I'd think keeping pretty close track of time is required (if you find Tyrael's at 20:15 and sneak it in because of imprecise tracking, that would hardly be fair).

potter said:
3. Can I choose not to accept any prize if I were to place that high in this contest?

You can always refuse a prize. A lot of people here are self-found and intend to stay that way.

sirpoopsalot said:
It's nice to know the info on how different people do, so I think just an estimate on the runs is reasonable. But it's bassano's tournament, so he gets to make the final decision on this.
I'll probably try out some of the run counters to see how they perform

sirpoopsalot said:
If you expect to make the 20 hours then I'd think keeping pretty close track of time is required (if you find Tyrael's at 20:15 and sneak it in because of imprecise tracking, that would hardly be fair).
I intend to stop before exceeding 20:00, so that won't be a problem.

sirpoopsalot said:
You can always refuse a prize. A lot of people here are self-found and intend to stay that way.
My way of d2.

I guess I'm good to go then

Played around with items and made a decision on my AT-sorcs MF.

Entering with Blizzy. Depending on how long it takes me to finish my other project and these runs I may enter with my gold finder to get him some levels, as well.
Did a test run last night with my Fishymancer, boy am I slow. Probably didn't help much that I simply wandered around without the mini-map open so had to backtrack a bit to find the stairs. But calculated the MF and update the table with the correct value.

I'll enter with Snowstorm, my blizzard/firewall sorc. I recently calculated my switch mf, and so the 375 should be correct, although I might still switch in a Gheed's (although I do not like to hotmule, let alone leave golds and/or greens behind). I'm not sure on the players setting yet, p3 should be a good balance for items and xp over time, p8 is too slow, at p1 the blizzard is overkill. I might do full clears, since I found some nice stuff recently out of random non-boss monsters and objects (but that was at players 8).

Think I could get some pitruns in

Edit: seems like my bower have 430MF not around 320, will try some wsk runs see if she is any good at it

Eh, only 2 more WSK runners. I'm trying to level up my new sorc.. The most problems I have with merc selection. There is NO setup that can handle everything well down there. Mostly cuz of IM..

My most recent attempt was very low damage Insight with Kira's and GA, but Lister and Frenzytaurs eat him alive. Now I'm trying to squeeze some DR into his gear and still keep the resist high.

If I go for leech he will suicide too many times. I need HF, but can't get him to regenerate without Prayer.

Actually I think I'll try the CS uber merc. Act 3 cold with Lawbringer and high resists/absorbs, lets see how that will work..

No wonder no other sorc is attempting this area :)

Edit:

The CS uber merc has proven worthy enough so I'm replacing my blizzard sorc and putting in my freshly rebuilt one made for WSK running.

20 hours warning to start of the tournament

And I want to say yet, that who will want to take some prizes, must have trade profil on SPTF. Thanks for understand

Think I'll sign up, pretty sure I can do another 20 hours in the Ancient Tunnels

Good luck to everyone!

Just updated my status, which is HC of course, and also did some testing runs with my sorc in AT...Well, my run times are far worse then i thought (1:30 - 2:00, killing 6 to 8 bosspacks)...But thats probably due to my Vanilla status and also due to my lack of experience, while running here :coffee:

Im on holiday so 20 hours will be easy, should get a level or so on my new Barbarian if nothing else

ha. Bolter needs some work still so i'll send in my horse.

If I'm not mistaken, we're now underway. Hope so, because I started about 30 minutes ago. Got a qualifier from my first boss pack too, though it's one that I hope doesn't make my Top5 (although it probably will :p).

Bah, was hoping to join this but wasn't able to log in the forum earlier today for several hours of trying :(
Wont enter since I'm not sure if it's started or not, but I'll keep track of how many hours I spend in the AT tonight just in case my "I want to play toooooo" is early enough.

Oh well, I can keep a personal score and use you guys as motivation to keep at it :D

Posting to update my MF after I noticed my strength wasn't high enough to equip the ONLY one-handed weapon I possess with MF (Cranebreak, elite unique War Spike). Also did some fiddling and ended up equipping Tal's helm, armour, and belt, as it gave slightly better MF (due to PTopaz in the helm) than Tal's armour with Harly and Goldwrap. The merc now has the Harly. Unfortunately I don't have any socket quests to stick a PTopaz in the Harly and Tal's armour, both of which I found straight after socketing Vipermagi and Tal's helm with my last two remaining quests.

Did my first few slooooooooow runs (no tele for me, and no boots with both MF and FRW), and pretty much the first item that dropped was a counter (Wraith Flight javelin).

OK

tournament jst officially started 8 hours ago
I wanted to post it on midnight but my forums did not work that time
So good luck to all players and I hope that many DW,DF,lashes and especially some tyrael we will see here on score list

Code:
Player             Character       Class         MF  Time(h) Qualifier  Area    HC?    /p?     Run#
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bassano            Blizzardmaster  Sorceress     640    0       0        AT             p1      0
Drizzy             Aerie           Sorceress     466    0       0        AT             p7      0
RIP                Ariadna         Sorceress     450    0       0        AT             p1      0
RIP                Grom            Barbarian 400/550    0       0        Pit            p1      0
LD50               Lumi            Sorceress     550    0       0        AT     no      p1      0
krovak             Hylinda         Sorceress     411    0       0        AT     yes     p1      0
Kimppi             Salamamuija     Sorceress     391    0       0        Pit    no      p3      0
Kimppi             Kylmyys         Sorceress     476    0       0        AT     no      p1      0
TRM                SclerosesReigns Sorceress     509    0       0        AT     no      p1      0
TRM                Meteoric_Fault  Amazon        300    0       0        AT     no      p1      0
Tubba              LookAboveYouMephSorceress     490    0       0        AT     No      p1
sequana            Orion           Sorceress     321    0       0        AT             p5/p7   0
poops              Athena          Sorceress     275    0       0        AT     No      p1      0
frozzzen           CoTa            Sorceress    ~400    0       0        AT     No      p1      0
pwangsta           Andrea          Sorceress     604    0       0        AT     No      p1      0
Pyrohemia          Maud-Dib        Paladin       423+   0       0        Pit    No      p8      0
Chairnick          Gendale         Sorceress    ~400    0       0        AT     No      p1      0
Low Key            Ilyana          Amazon        TBA    0       0        TBA    No      p?      0
San                Cheyenne        Sorceress     400?   0       0        AT     No      p1      0
Albatross          Divinity        Sorceress     409    0       0        WSK    No      p1      0
Ohgrande           Blizz           Sorceress     577    0       0        AT     No      p1      0
Rummski            Milenko         Necromancer   253    0       0        Pits   No      p5      0
scottee            Denver          Sorc         ~400    0       0        AT     No      p1      0
scottee            LeBorgia        Necro         TBA    0       0        Pits   No      p1      0
Neksja             Cheeser         Paladin       521    0       0        Mauso  No      p8      0
Grisu              Langnese        Sorceress     595    0       0        AT     Yes     p1      0
Thomh              Mozzarella      Paladin      ~350    0       0        RoF/CS Yes     p1      0
Thomh              IKWhirler       Barbarian     300    0       0        Pits   Yes     p1      0 
Nagisa             Hayate          Sorceress     391+   0       0        AT             p3      0
Nagisa             Teana           Amazon        185+   0       0        Pits           p3      0
JudgeDread         MC_Hammer       Paladin       395    0       0        Pits   No      p8      0 
Friiser            PureBlizzard    Sorceress     707    0       0        AT     No      p8      0
Joosh              Clare           Sorceress     TBA    0       0        RoF/CS No      p1/p3   0  
Nirolo             Khalla          Sorceress     454    0       0        AT     No      p1      0
iloco              Coraline        Sorceress     466    0       0        AT     No      p1      0     
Jahgro             GraveRobber     Necromancer   400    0       0        WSK    No      p1      0
Machete            Stormy          Sorceress     391    0       0        AT     Yes     p1      0
Machete            RideTheMaul     Barbarian    ~200    0       0        Pit    Yes     p1      0
EmperorMoo         Baronet         Fishy        ~350    0       0        Pits   Yes     p3      0
Mursilis           Hades           Fishymancer   331    0       0        WSK    No      p1      0
Caly               DairyQueen      Sorceress     TBA    0       0        AT     No      p1      0
nubi               Twang           Amazon       ~350    0       0        Pit    No      p3      0
J. Maher           Wetherill       Druid     409/554  01:10     1        AT     No      p1     10
J. Maher           Rhiannon        Amazon        TBA    0       0        Pit    No      p1      0
potter             Ral_Tasha       Sorceress 444/519    0       0        AT     No      p1      0
maareek            Blizzy          Sorceress     TBD    0       0        AT     No      p1      0
Sir Lister Of Smeg Snowstorm       Sorceress 250/375    0       0        AT     No      p3      0
DX                 Multizon        Amazon        430    0       0        PIT    No      p7      0
CorruptedMollusk   FrigidHotPants  Sorceress    ~550    0       0        AT     No      p3      0
Mungo              Inlore          Barbarian 744/814    0       0        pits   No      p3      0
Kefka              Bellok_Hdin     Paladin       300    0       0        AT     No      P5      0

bassano

bassano said:
OK

tournament jst officially started 8 hours ago
I wanted to post it on midnight but my forums did not work that time
So good luck to all players and I hope that many DW,DF,lashes and especially some tyrael we will see here on score list

I wish everyone the same!

And @bassano: While the tournament is running, are we not supposed to share what any our qualifiers are with the masses? I don't believe this was mentioned anywhere.

Keeping our found items secret until the end of the tourmanent keeps the suspense high among all the participants, and as far as I remember this was what we did last year... it's your call, of course... :scratchchin:

edit: @Kassul: PM bassano and ask to join. We all had a squid attack yesterday, so no one was able to access the forums. Seems like you've got a reasonable excuse for not joining in time.

All right, gonna get started soon, good luck to everyone 👍

Updated the MF, dropped about everything in favor of MF, while still retaining 105 fcr.

Edit: Ah, yes! I thought I should mention, that my merc is wielding this:

Infinity
Great Poleaxe
'BerMalBerIst'
Two-Hand Damage: 268 to 834
Durability: 28 of 28
Required Dexterity: 89
Required Strength: 169
Required Level: 63
Polearm Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x7d90d8fa
+289% Enhanced Damage
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
35% Faster Run/Walk
Prevent Monster Heal
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
Level 12 Conviction Aura When Equipped
50% Chance to cast Level 20 Chain Lightning When You Kill an Enemy
Level 21 Cyclone Armor (30/30 Charges)
+46 to Vitality (Based on Character Level)
-48% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (4: 4 used)

Which is courtesy of Naab. That slacker hasn't played D2 for over 6 months, really. I blame L4d..

Updating my vitals and getting ready to run with the lowest MF% of the entire group. Good luck for the rest of you! 👍

Just noticed that I'm going to work next 9 days straight and combine that with trying to find a new job before this ends and going to classes, it's going to be tough to finish. But I'll try! At least it seems I'll be the king of Mausoleum if I find anything :D

Good luck all, may all your drops be white and grey.

And so it beginneth....My first tournament here, starting in the afternoon.

Wish you all best luck and lots of high runes and amazing charms. :)

And some questions so I'm not OT:

Do we have to take screenshots of all items, and upload them? It could be forgotten sometimes in all the excitement ( especially when that first golden breast plate drops ).

Are we to leave the items unidentified?

Hum, damn, I found a pretty good qualifier today, didn't screenshot it... That'd be nice to know.

EDIT: Woot, found QUITE another qualifier. Yay.

Of course I forgot something. I'd like to advertise this:

Christmas Challenge

Don't leave all those nonqualifiers/crappy qualifiers hanging around in the ground, pick 'em up, leave them unidentified and donate them eventually for Christmas giveaway! More info in the thread, I linked.

Thanks in advance 👋

The only reason I'm participating in this damn competition is to aquire some loot for that. :p

Gee, I couldn't find the link, you should put "christmas" or something in the title next time :p

So you'll have a chance to win that prize? :whistling:

@nep, my bad. I had hard time to find it myself :D

Uh... No! I was completely unaware of that sweet, sweet Ohm and I am doing this for purely selfless reasons. :whistling:

Yes, precious Exile shield, you will be mine.

I also would like to know if items are to strictly be let unidentified?
I have the habit of IDing it instantly :|
Let me know if i should remove the qualifier or not.

IIRC, there's no rule about identifying items, so feel free to identify them as you find them. I'm just advertising my own thing, that's completely different for this tournament.

I'm sorry if I caused confusion in any way.

Oh, it had nothing to do with that, no confusion caused.
Thanks for the clarification anyways.

Two hours of running done, and the qualifiers are already pouring in. :yes:

Good luck to everyone running from me too. 👍

Well, I have 5 qualifying items, but I think if added up, they will still be woefully short of winning(and possibly even double digits). So I will keep going.

Into the pits I go. Nearly 7 mins for a run, not that much MF, let's hope for the best (as long as I do better than Mursilis I'll be happy).

Oh, and props to Tubba for best Sorc name ever!

GL all!

It's an ATMA name, isn't it? Sixteen characters. -1 style point.

I got started after work this morning. I'm four hours deep... and have only six qualifiers to show for it. Last year, I think I averaged 1.8 elite S/Us per hour. Now I'm at 1.5/hour, but I'm also doing nearly 80% more runs in the same time. Just goes to show how much luck plays into it.

Also, my first two qualifiers were exactly the same, and no, they weren't the super low-end types one might expect. It was pretty strange. Wish I could tell what they were! 😁

The score... well, it needs improvement, that's for sure. *crossing my fingers that the next four hours are waaay better score-wise*

Arranged the table like bassano did: by hours completed.

First hour was terribad, I was feeling pretty good after yesterday's tryouts, but today... I kept dying, runs were pretty slow, nothing was dropping... At least 2 qualifiers dropped. The second hour lived up to my expectations. No dying at all and my running times dropped to 80-90 seconds. Unfortunately only 1 qualifier dropped during that time. :(

No, she's actually called LookAboveYouMep. I just happened to type in an extra h.

Updating results of lunch...

Is there a reason as to why no rings, amulets, or jewels appear on the item list?

Friiser -
They aren't qualifiers in this or the MFOs. Very nice for style points, not so much for scoring points.

My run counter has crashed twice, which is annoying when you're relying on it to track time & runs. :rant:

Not much luck in regards to qualifiers after my initial one, but I've had a couple of other decent drops: 15% Superior 5os PhaseBlade (future 'Grief' base), ethereal Duriel's Shell, Jade Jewel of Fervor (always handy) and a Lum rune.

I guess I just found the highlight of my tournament:

Ruby Jewel of Fervor
Required Level: 58
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x7b64cfee
+32% Enhanced Damage
15% Increased Attack Speed

Well, I've got [stuff] after only ~35 runs, so I'm quite positive that I'll do well in this.

edit by sirpoopsalot: tubba, don't reveal your qualifiers. ;)

One hour in and I have 3 qualifiers and I am amazed by their consistent high quality. One was on the first run. (I'm looking at you 'poops 😉)

MF updated by 2% from gaining two levels to 93. :p

2 hours in, 1 qualifier!

Switched a couple of charms around to upgrade my MF.

Died twice due to the lower life - now only around 350 HP.
I'll give it another hour or two to see if I can change my playstyle so I can avoid more deaths. If not, I'm switching my charms back to 20 life SCs.

Best (non-qualifying) finds so far:

Fine Small Charm of Balance (2/19/5)
Vipermagi
Lycander's Aim
Ko Rune

I truthfully hope i don't just find the Qualifiers i don't have, but find the stuff i need as well.

Kefka

It tough and its slow, maybe I should just learn to sweep up AT like everyone else :)

The goal was to get some EXP from this, but so far the bar has only moved backwards. *whistle* Might slow down pace a bit also because this is really tiring pace. :D.

Decided against the CS a couple of days ago, and I wanted to test myself against the teleporting lamerdins in the pits. No finds of interest so far, other than a nice combination of fanaticism archers with might skeletons nearby while cursed. I prefered to save and exit at once instead of finding out what other mods those bosses had:)

Started off slow from 0:00 -> 2:00 but the last two hours has been pretty good. Gotten two grailers as well.

No time to run yesterday, so I took my first steps at running this morning. Was movingk inda slow, at 5 minute runs, but I also scored one qualifier during the 4 runs, so I can't complain. :p

My only interesting drop for the first hour came on my penultimate run from a fallen, but I am doing well collecting lower end set items - several Isenhart's cases and numerous Cathan's items. If this tournament was about collecting Isenhart's set, I would be leading the field!

The next 40 mins were a complete bust. Hopefully do better today/tomorrow. I have also altered my strategy of collecting skellies on the way, instead taking a quick trip round Nihilathak's garden.

edit: A quick question: are we allowed to alter MF once we've started? For example, Should I find an Ali Baba, am I allowed to equip it or must I keep with the weapon I have?

Found a couple of more qualifiers, including a matching pair of pretty good ones on back to back runs. So that was nice. I'm clearly a rookie at speedy runs, but as long as decent items drop, I'm ok with it.

I've also left a couple of items unidentified for the Christmas Giveaway. I meant to do more, but the visit Cain, identify reflex is hard to fight.

CM

Edit: If I have time after I finish with my sorc, I may give the mausoleum a shot with my IK barb. He does pretty well down there, even if the merc doesn't.

Did some more ultra-slow runs. Still no more qualifiers since the very first run. I tried one run with a tele amulet, but the fact I'm playing in windowed mode and that I keep clicking off the screen means it provides no benefit.

I'm off to a decent start. I've found 1 probable top 5 item tonight but other than that, it's mostly been exceptionals and normals :( I've seen a lot of TC87's dropping from the boss-packs but they've mostly been blue with the occasional yellow.

edit: added CorruptedMollusks edits to the table. Didn't see anything new from Jason M

Posting again with an updated table after ohmem posted at the same time as myself.

edit: hopefully it formats properly this time

hi. i had problems to log in the forum in sunday. so i asked from bassano via pm if its still ok to join. and it was so i added myself to table. this all sounded like nice fun so i decided to join my first ever tournament with my pure blizzard sorceress which i matted just about week ago. it is my sixth mat/pat char. today i runned 40min and got one quolifier. not anything uber but very nice eq to me.

My first boss kill and a qualifier drops. After that one, got 11 more, but nothing to write home about really. Still, my first tournament, and I'm satisfied so far.

Other than that, got a Ko rune, nothing else, especially disappointed with charms, you wouldn't believe the mods.

One whole qualifier, yay!

I've had some crazy luck the last few runs.

Kefka, Please make sure you use the latest table when posting updates.

I'll add my latest update back in when I'm done with my runs tonight.

Two more hours in.
I almost certainly will not win, but I found one item that has eluded me for the years I have played this game, so in my mind, I win.

First update, only 1 qualifier, but I did start a new stash to show off at the end of the tourney. I'm very excited about it!

Well well well. Diablo gods repayed me for yesterday's comedy. In 2,5 hours I got 6 qualifiers and most of them weren't so shabby either. :)
And I already wanted to claim the last place in this tournament... :p

1 more hour on the clock. Replaced some of my MF charms, again, with life charms.

Average runtime around 2 min 50 sec on /p3

Few qualifiers for me so far, only 3 in nearly five hours. I don't know the number of runs I did, I had the runcounter crash again and again, I'll estimate at the slow average of 4 minutes per run. I did some runs at players1 and others at players3, I'm still not sure what's better, so I'll led my mood decide on the players setting.

Getting there, somday :[

I hardly think 5 hours is enough time to have any idea where you're going to end up, guys.

Also, Kefka, are you really running AT with a Paladin? O_O Seems like the Pits, with its higher number of bosspacks, would be a more efficient use of time. Assuming you're averaging 6 bosspacks per 3:45 run now, you'd need runs of 9 bosspacks and 5:30 (both fairly easily achievable) to be better off in the Pits. If you only killed 8 bosspacks in the Pits, you'd only need to do the run in 5 minutes to be equal to 6 packs in AT at your current speed.

As for myself, I haven't started yet, but I'm hoping to be able to by the middle of next week or so.

Might not look like much, but it's going well. I don't expect to win either unless I grow a touch of Midas. But it's been worth it. Heck, i've found 3 Um's!

My plan is to finish the easy runs here, then take the Pit Nec to hell (he's A1 Nm lvl 50) and start his career a bit early.

Best of luck to all of you running 85's!
Kefka

Well, at least I got 5 qualifiers. That's enough for me, forget about the score :whistling: I'm really hoping to find that +3 Shapeshifting +3 Fury Wolf Head, that's my aim for the rest of the tournament.

Sir Lister of Smeg said:
...I don't know the number of runs I did, I had the runcounter crash again and again...

I've had it happen too, and I think I've figured it out - though I'm not sure if I'm right (or what causes it). If you start the runcounter first, then start the game in fullscreen mode, the counter will crash. The trick (for me) is to start the game first, and then start the counter. I do a quick double-check after a couple of runs to make sure the counter's still working. So far that seems to work.

I was working on another project, so no update at the moment.

Qualifiers are dropping even faster for me now and the awesome quality level continues. I also found an item that I have not found before which is a first for this character.

My best non-qualifier is a shiny green Um. :crazyeyes:

Today was not good, a bit over 2 hours, ~130 runs and 4 qualifiers. I mean FOUR qualifiers in 130 runs? Oh well, I suppose it'll even out at some point.

I had a fun thing happen to me today...

I found green Scissors Suwayyah. Too bad my inventory was full of charms and rings I'd picked up, so I had to drop them to move the stuff around and into the cube. Then, I hit esc to close the cube and, as I was doing this really fast (you know how it is), at the same time clicked to drop some charm to the ground. And yes, I had hit esc twice, bringing up the menu, and my click hit right in the middle of "save and exit" with Nat's Mark on the ground... :doh: :rolf:

I felt so stupid I just laughed aloud :D

...wouldn't have laughed if it was DWeb.

Did 2 hours of runs yesterday, and 2 1.5 hour bouts today. My average times have improved nicely, starting out at 45 seconds yesterday, and then 42 and 40 respectively today.

Mostly it's been about learning how to position myself, and when to telestomp bosses. The transition from save&exit to once again clicking the Ancient Tunnels 'door' is about 10-12 seconds, if I don't need to ID/stash stuff. My fastest runs have been 30.xx, and I've managed bit under 10 runs with a time like that, still hoping to get in the twenties :p it might be easier if I didn't use CtA to pre-buff, but then my telestomping abilities (tanking abilities) would suffer.. it's nice to be able to telestomp anything, with 2k life, besides Invaders with nasty auras (think I learned after dieing twice trying).

And as for drops... I'm very disappointed. I'd be truly ashamed if any of the 13 qualifiers I've picked find they're way into my top 5 in the end.

Non-qualifiers:
Um rune
Gore Riders
Thundergods
Witch-Wild String
Sounding skiller with 12% gf

and these rares:
Code:
Stone Loop
Ring
Required Level: 48
Fingerprint: 0x8820a020
+65 to Attack Rating
+1 to Maximum Damage
Magic Damage Reduced by 1
All Resistances +10
6% Life stolen per hit

Ghoul Finger
Ring
Required Level: 74
Fingerprint: 0x45af239e
+90 to Attack Rating
6% Life stolen per hit
6% Mana stolen per hit
Replenish Life +6

Blood Band
Ring
Required Level: 46
Fingerprint: 0xd7cea38
+41 to Mana
+4 to Minimum Damage
Poison Resist +7%
4% Life stolen per hit
5% Mana stolen per hit

Raven Scarab
Jewel
Required Level: 3
Fingerprint: 0xc80d36a1
+8% Enhanced Damage
+16 to Attack Rating
+2 to Minimum Damage
+20 poison damage over 2 seconds

And I also picked up couple of Nagelrings, of which one was perfect, MF-wise, so I could drop the rare ring which I was using, raising my MF by 9%.

Not a huge number of qualifiers, and the ones I've found haven't been ones I want to use, but I've picked up a couple other items that I'm happy to see, including a grailer which is nice. Hope to put in another hour or so tonight, fingers crossed for 3 Tyraels, a Stormlash and maybe a Tal's armor(less rare than the others, but I'd REALLY like one :p).

Ug. Two hours, two qualifiers. And, if they both make my top five, I'm in serious trubble :D

I'm leaving him in there for now, butg I am not at all sure I'm going to get my poisoner to where he needs to be to take part in the tourney. We'll see.

Edit: Forgot to mention this beaut of a non-qual:
Code:
Shimmering Small Charm of Balance
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0xa3837c3d
All Resistances +5
5% Faster Hit Recovery

Got another hour and a half done - and still only 1 qualifier, found on the first boss pack of my first run. :banghead:

edit: I think San's entry may be incorrect - 423 qualifiers yet 0 runs? ;)

Minor mistakes here and there patched up. Only based it on nep's and scottee's tables, so probably more errors. Not that it matters all that much. :p.

More AT and started up Pits. Nice quantity, poor quality. *shrug* Lots of hours left to improve.

Slow.. but at least I get the XP. I'm not here to win anyway.

Can't seem to get anything to drop. I left an IK maul on the ground thinking "I'm not that desperate".. I hope the other 2 WSK runners are actually playing so I can compare the results. It takes me about 11mins to go through WSK 2, 3 and WSC. When I reach the minions I pause the timer. I usually have to do full clears because there are too many scary things down there. Boss packs really vary from 3 to 8 for WSK and 1 to 3, so far, on this map.

Yeah, a bit late but I'm joining. I need a break from CS running, well, not a complete break but an alternative.

I got two hours in yesterday. Drop quantity improved, as did the quality. I've got a couple potential top-fivers, but of course I'd love to obsolete everything I've found so far. 😉

Thanks guys, I was rather sleepy when I stopped running last night bit before 1 am, and wanted to quickly report my runs before turning in.

Added a couple more qualifying items. We'll see how it goes.

Here's my find of the night:

Ruby Jewel
Jewel
Required Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0xa8cdd1cb
Unidentified
40% Enhanced Damage

Just about 5 hours in and drops are starting to improve a bit.

Ran for 5 hours today, and am absolutely buggered, keeping this pace up is tiring. Had my first NDE in eons vs a cursed/might bosspack and decided it was time to call it a day. Ah yes, the joys of alvl 85 running.

Six-hour update. Qualifiers have been dropping steadily and the top 5 is changing frequently. First spot, I'm coming for you! 😉

ha...
ha...:coffee:
leynmo

Happy hunting!

kefka

Did couple of hours worth of runs, and picked up 4 qualifiers. One of them should make it in my top 5.

I can't seem to take my average time below 39 seconds, but I did manage to score a record in run-times :D First I got 30.188, and then went on a rampage, recklessly stomping, dealing with 2-3 boss packs at the same time when possible, and in about 10 runs after that, thanks to a couple of tightly-packed champion packs I got my best time so far, 28.875. Doesn't mean all that much, probably, since there was only 2-3 bosses besides those champions.

Edit: Ah, non-qualifiers:
7 MF, 26 defence Small Charm
Ravenfrost 16/223

Edit 2: Noticed I only added 1 hours worth of runs here. I'll add them in the latest table later tonight, once I'm done running for today.

I re-equipped my hammerdin and went nuts on MF after the first hour. My qualifiers are less than impressive so far and none of them should be in my top 5, but we`ll see.

Non-qualifiers are more decent:)
A couple of skillers(Sparking and Fungal)

Metalgrid
Amulet
Required Level: 81
Fingerprint: 0xbd4a2144
+432 to Attack Rating
+345 Defense
All Resistances +35
Level 12 Iron Maiden (20/20 Charges)
Level 22 Iron Golem (11/11 Charges)

Finally I have something else than Angelic combo for my melee chars:whistling:

Some new drops, it seems that I get 3 qualifiers per hour lately, I won't complain but could be better. :)
1 or 2 might be in my top 5 already (hope not though). :)
I also improved my average run time slightly, which went from around 90 seconds to 78 seconds in the last hour.

Some more running tonight, and still only 1 qualifier. But I did find Duriel's Shell, which was straight away put on the moron, lowering his MF, but raising his survivability (which, considering how few kills he actually makes, especially boss kills, I figured was more important).

Duriel's Shell
Cuirass
Defense: 684
Durability: 25 of 150
Required Strength: 65
Required Level: 41
Fingerprint: 0x5be10c24
+15 to Strength
+185% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +20%
Lightning Resist +20%
Cold Resist +50%
Poison Resist +20%
+100 Maximum Durability
Cannot Be Frozen
+106 to Defense (Based on Character Level)
+85 to Life (Based on Character Level)

Anyway, looks like I have the best Druid category sewn up. ;)

3hrs and 10 mins and no qualifiers? Stupid list of qualifiers, not including flawless gems and eld runes! Bah!

Still, hopefully I'll get a Tyrael's tomorrow - that's the joy of MFing...

Jason Maher said:
Anyway, looks like I have the best Druid category sewn up. ;)

Hmmmm, I might add my Werewolf if there is enough time just to keep you on your toes:)

Horrendous luck you have with qualifiers btw, druids certainly deserve better.

I must be losing my touch, I feel like shooting myself after 15 minutes of runs. Any tips to get the DRIVE back?

Did some fixing in the list whilst updating.
Ran for 50 mins yesterday getting only normal and exceptional s/u's (and no useful nor grailer ones)
The first 10 minutes today got me 2 qualifiers and 2 grailers. The next hour didn't do much though.

I'll probably run some more this evening.

Found 4 qualifiers. All junky ones, but w/e. Average time per run is ** secs. I died several times early on, then swapped the Occy out for a HoTO. Times should be settling in at around 75-80 secs soon, as I get more familiar with the map and boss pack locations. I have no clue how the folks who are running in ~50 seconds are doing it though. Hats off to those guys. Good luck everyone!

For me it's about getting to "the zone" where you're sort of doing the whole thing pretty much completely mechanically. Also you should be teleporting pretty much all the time and killing only the bosses, don't linger! Knowing the boss locations enables you to skip the rest of the level too. You can also save some time if you talk to Warriv to travel to A1 and use that WP.

More on topic: Found a grailer qualifier just now that has been eluding me for some time. It's not too shabby either. ;)

pwangsta said:
I have no clue how the folks who are running in ~50 seconds are doing it though. Hats off to those guys.

I'm waiting to see how many runs bassano gets in this time around. San and Machete are doing a heck of a job, too. Mega speed runs are beyond my means, as well, so big ups to them.

Four more hours done and just about wasted. Along with winning the tourment, one of my goals for this tourney was to find three grailers. ...and I'm failing at both accounts so far. :D

edit: Well, it's not like it's been a complete waste of time. I've netted a Mal, an Um, and an eth set of Titan's. I'd gladly forfeit the tournament if I found a high rune of two. 😁

pwangsta said:
I have no clue how the folks who are running in ~50 seconds are doing it though. Hats off to those guys. Good luck everyone!

I'm hovering around 49.5 sec/run through 5 hours now and there are a couple of things I do.

1. Use the Act 1 trick. (saves several seconds)
2. Use telekenisis to open the waypoint, and the stash when needed.
3. Don't hunt down every boss-pack in the level. Once you know your map, hopefully you'll get one where there is some good boss-pack density in close proximity. For example, I once had a map that featured an "out-and-back" pattern --> 2 teleports to a place that normally had 2-3 packs in the area followed by 2 teleports to the chest pack. Then it was back the other direction through the adjacent corridor where I would normally hit 2-3 additional packs. With that map, I would reliably hit 4 packs with the possibility of 7-8 (or whatever the max is for AT). If I do get a run with only 4 packs, I still stop the run because I'll end up getting more kills/time that way than if I waste another 10 or so seconds trying to track down that last hiding bosspack that's far away from the main path. I figure that if I average 1 bosspack/10 seconds, then I'm running at just about the same efficiency of the 20 second Pindle run and that's good for me.
4. Always be moving and dropping Blizzards (or whatever spell you're using). At 105% FCR, I know that I have about 4.5 teleports or glacial spikes between Blizzard casts. therefore, I try to always use my 4 "free" spells to reposition or take down stragglers.
5. Speaking of FCR, don't underestimate the higher breakpoints. Sure it may only save 2-3 seconds/run, but at the times I'm running, that's a 5% decrease in run time. (it's also safer when you're blindly teleporting)
6. Call To Arms also makes blind teleporting safer :smug:
7. When things start to get stale, stop your runs and go looking for a new map. It's not too hard to find a good map for AT. I've had several "favorites" that I've ran in the past. The only real criteria I have is that the waypoint and entrance be about 2 teleports away.
8. Don't bother with weapon switch or merc kills. I'm going too fast to worry about all that. Therefore, my merc only exists to hold Insight and provide a prayer synergy (stupid overpowered RWM runeword but it's fun). As such, he's geared for survival against the elements. He wears Guardian Angel and Kira's hat to get his resistances to 90%. He's a very good tank and holds stuff in place (when he gets the chance).

I'm sure that I've got lots of room for improvement as well (my fastest runs are down near 30 seconds) If I can just do more of those and less of the 60-70 second runs, that would be good.

Ohomemgrande said:
... 1 bosspack/10 seconds...

Thanks for mentioning this - I was beginning to wonder why I couldn't get below ~70 seconds when folks were doing half of that. But I'm probably getting pretty close to that average overall, as I'm a little more thorough in picking through my map.

I'll get back into my runs shortly, as I lack the motivation to do large chunks all at once. I'll be picking away at this as time goes along.

Great tips. Now I just need to find a way to motivate myself. Any tips on that? >_>

Tubba: My motivation comes from two things, namely 1) wanting to drop run time to something lower than last run, and 2) wanting to beat certain people on that list. :p.

pwangsta: Here's some stuff that I do in addition to what Ohomemgrande mentioned. My time is anywhere from 35 to 55 seconds depending on how much CI and bosspack in general spawn, plus how much time is directed to TV instead. :D.

1) From the startup screen, click SP, hit the enter key, then click Hell. Saves small amount of mouse movement.

2) If you keep your character's inventory in ATMA visible in the background while D2 is running (ie. windowed mode), you can hover over items while game is loading to see if whatever you picked up is worth your time to stash. Cuts down your muling time a tad.

3) Depending on map you have, damage you do, etc., it may be profitable to hit one pack, make one teleport to hit a nearby pack, then come back after you killed and check drops. I do this sometimes because my map is shaped like a "Q" almost.

4) Similar to what Ohgrande said, I know there are maybe 4 areas which have 90-100% chance of spawning 1 or 2 (sometimes 3) packs, so I always go there, and they are very close to each other. There are also 1 or 2 other locations which occasionally spawn a pack, but since it is not very time efficient to go there, I just skip it entirely.

5) If you run with CTA , you can use that to reduce your potion usage because of how game works. If my character has 800/1300 at the end of a game, it will load as 800/900, which becomes 1200/1300 after BO. On a similar note, I always make sure that I am running right as game loads / when switching acts / when dropping items / etc. (not sure how to explain this), plus I weapon switch to CTA while running to TK the waypoint in Act 1 to save another half second or so.

There's so many ways to cut corners here and there. :p. That probably isn't the half of it.

Time: 1:16 and found 5 qualifiers, 2 were same ( and junk ) one was low point, but put a smile on my face and one will probably be top 5.

So far so good :)

And one more tip: Don't pick all Rejuv potions that drop :p

Got 2 hours of runs done again, 184 runs this time, and picked up 7 qualifiers. Non-qualifiers? One SC, with 14 life and 34 AR, Eye of the Ethlic, 3 Manald Heal's, of which two dropped on consecutive runs, and an eth Skin of the Vipermagi, with 20% all res. Awesomely bad roll there.

Re-made my fastest-run record once again: 27.782, this time I didn't have that many champions, everything just went extra smoothly, and the Blizz's connected unnaturally well.

Nice advice there Ohmomehmoh and Nagisa, I don't really have much to add there, except that there's one thing about using Blizzard, aiming. Unlike Fireball, or Lightning, you should never target the boss with your Blizzard, but instead aim slightly to the lower left/right off the boss, and try to keep him moving by positioning yourself appropriately with teleport, to maximize Blizz hits. Also, I must really recommend getting to know your map like the back of your hand, and acquaint yourself with one pattern in which you bump into the usual spawn places of the bosses.

Well, found another 2 qualifiers, but I'm shuddering at my point total so far :p

NagisaFurukawa said:
Tubba: My motivation comes from two things, namely 1) wanting to drop run time to something lower than last run, and 2) wanting to beat certain people on that list. :p

Well, I used to be able to do Pindle runs for 2-3 hours on end, now I feel frustrated after 10 AT runs, maybe I burned myself out a bit. Oh well.

The key for me Tubba is to run with a char that you want the experience for, not only to get some drops. Also put another goal than just TC87s, maybe collect charms or sockets or anything that drops more often it'll give you the feeling of accomplishment that can sometimes be lacking from MF runs.

Good Luck all!

Little over one third of the time has spent. found 7 more quolifiers. have to say that your number of runs is amazing :crazyeyes: seems that i suck a lot more what i thought

@Tubba: To me, if I'm not motivated to do the runs, I just don't do them. You've got almost a month left in this tournament, so if you don't feel like doing runs, don't. You'll probably get the urge back during the month, or near the end when it's down to the wire and you realize you need to finish and then you can just cram them all in at the end and not be worried about motivation.

Personally I can't stand to run Pindle but I'll gladly jump at any excuse to run AT. If one target doesn't do it for you, find another. You can enter a different char and run the Pits or something, if you want, assuming I understand the rules properly.

@Ohomemgrande: nice advice. BTW, maximum bosspacks in AT is 9 - 8 random, 1 static (by the chest); at least that's the most I've found. Unless you count Monster Shrines. Also, I agree with you on aiming for 10 seconds per bosspack and under, though the generally accepted equivalence factor for Pindle running is a bosspack per 15 seconds (which seems accurate to me). Granted, with faster Pindle running than average that factor decreases.

For myself, I find being at 105% FCR helps me feel faster, which helps make me run faster. The actual statistical difference isn't much, but I find it greatly helps me psychologically. I don't identify anything, I just throw it all in the stash for whatever project I'm on and keep running, there's time for ID'ing later. If there's a branch or multiple bosspacks, I drop a blizz on one, go after the others then come back to pick up loot. Also, if you're going to pick up gold (don't know if anybody does, but it can't hurt to point it out), only pick up gold from champions.

Lastly, if you have a branch of your map that only spawns a bosspack once every 10 runs or so, don't even go down there. Not worth your time.

Fast running comes down to making common sense decisions and willfully choosing to do efficient runs as quickly as possible. I find it also helps to not even focus on what's dropping while you're running. I just tell myself "If I do x number of runs in this tournament (or whatever), something nice will drop" then work towards that number. I'll sometimes go two hours or so without what would count as a qualifier (did ~150 runs in the January MFO this year with no qualifiers or even a good non-qualifier, for instance) and not even notice until I'm done, that's just not my focus.

My motivation is to see if FrostNova sorc can compete well with a Blizzsorc in AT, and hopefully knock some cookie-cutter out of the Top 5 or Top 10 in the process.

I've also probably done ~10 of these types of tournaments, and iirc my best was like a 5th in a Mephathon. Every other tournament like this, I've finished well into the bottom half despite usually having above average MF and below average run times.

So my main goal is to finally get ONE nice qualifier in one of these things (I'm surely due by now) and hopefully crawl into the top10 as a result. I'll believe it when it happens though. One of the last 8 items for my self-found grail would be a nice start too.

I'm up to 4 qualifiers in 4 hours now. Two of those will have a chance for my top5 unless I get better luck. I'll run some more later, so I'll update properly then.

Ran for a litle over an hour, got two more qualifiers- but not counting my very first qualifier that dropped (an IK maul :D ) anymore has sure helped my point total out a lot!

sirpoopsalot said:
My motivation is to see if FrostNova sorc can compete well with a Blizzsorc in AT, and hopefully knock some cookie-cutter out of the Top 5 or Top 10 in the process.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen. I think the advantage FN has over Bliz is that it always connects. You can then be more consistent in your run times and probably be equivalent in your speed. Then the only variable will be how much MF you can pack on your character.

Another (small) advantage is that almost everything in a pack dies at the same time, except for the boss. Usually by the time the pack dies the boss is at less than ~half life, and it only takes the merc a single poke to finish him off.

But you're right that stocking MF vs. other needs (damage & FCR) is definitely the biggest problem. Nightwings vs. Shako... Chilling vs. MF charms, etc... much easier to pull impressive numbers together with the blizzsorc (but less fun to play, imo).

Another problem is getting close, but not too close, to packs. Some of these guys hurt, yet I need to be pretty close to get in range. I've had ~5 deaths already, though I'm not trying overly hard to be extremely safe. I've managed to go from level 83 to ** already, which seems to help. As does the fact that I've probably already tripled my experience running AT in this tournament.

I was pretty motivated today, and managed to make a pretty good jump in time. I might make another stab at it later tonight, but I think not.

I also got a few more qualifiers, including one that's Top5 material for sure (though it's not especially useful) and some other tidbits.

Nice advice for all the runners! 👍 I'm probably somewhere around 1:30 per run, and that's not coming down until I stop picking up gems, gold, rings and stuff.. :rolleyes:

I rolled a new map, and the new one already gave a couple of nice non-qualifiers, namely eth vamp gaze and eth guardian angel :smug:

Also, while rolling the map, got this:

Rune Turn
Ring
Required Level: 48
Fingerprint: 0xc6d13f00
+49 to Attack Rating
2% Mana stolen per hit
6% Life stolen per hit
+14 to Dexterity
+20 Maximum Stamina
All Resistances +10

Thanks for all the tips, SPF'ers! With your help, I've managed to shave my average time for this set down to 74 secs. There's still a little bit of room for improvement w.r.t. being more consistent from run to run, getting better at placing blizzards so monsters go down in one cast, etc. So thanks a bunch for the advice, everyone.

As far as results, I've been pretty lucky with qualifiers in terms of quantity, but the quality sucks. I have found two items that I had never previously managed to drop myself, so its not all bad.

Good luck, peeps!

Another 2 hours (almost) of running, and still a whopping 1 qualifier. Not that I expected to do overly well, but I found 2 qualifiers buggering around before the tournament started, so I might have reasonably expected 1 or 2 more despite my slow runs. Oh well, still no-one within cooee of challenging me for the Druid title. :p

Nice number of qualifiers, but definitely nothing that I'd want to see in my top 5. As for experience, bar is oscillating between 0% and about 20%. :D. Negative resists catch up to you sooner or later, it seems...

Good luck to the rest of you. :). (Jason Maher, allow me to reiterate that you need a top 5. :D. Good luck to you especially.)

Not gonna update the table, but so far I've managed to run 18 more minutes in the past two days. I'm not very good at this, am I? :(

Low Key said:
Not gonna update the table, but so far I've managed to run 18 more minutes in the past two days. I'm not very good at this, am I? :(

Don't worry mate, after I got my 5th qualifier, I haven't run more than 5 minutes :) I doubt that I can finish, but we'll see.

NagisaFurukawa said:
Good luck to the rest of you. :). (Jason Maher, allow me to reiterate that you need a top 5. :D. Good luck to you especially.)

A top FIVE?!?!:crazyeyes:

I had a feeling my pretty good streak was ending, so three more hours with no qualifiers wasn't unexpected. Not appreciated, but not surprising. I had a one hour stretch where I didn't even see anything to pick up, and died twice. C'est la vie.

Top 5 may be a hard thing, you may have to pick up all the crap as well just to have a score :p

NagisaFurukawa said:
(Jason Maher, allow me to reiterate that you need a top 5. :D. Good luck to you especially.)

To steal a line from the Goons:

You filthy rotten swine!!!! You have insulted my honour! I challenge you to a duel! Name your weapon!

CorruptedMollusk said:
...I died twice. C'est la vie.

Actually...wouldn't that be "C'est la mort?" ;p

Being on holiday made doing 20 hours very easy for me. :D

Run times obviously very slow however, it was offset by my high magic find. I am fairly pleased with my results.

Three very good non-qualifiers; Highlords, Metalgrid and 3,-5 Light Facet (which I'm sure Thyiad will steal.)

Good luck to all of the runners, I may well ask Bassano if I can enter another character over the weekend.

I finally get to join the ranks and say " i just spent 2 hours looking for anything elite" and found nothing. Still, i'll take the 6 levels i've gained, and hope for a 6th...and a Griff's.

I'm sure i'll finish with Bellok today. and i'll prally start on sauron tonight.
Furthermore, i've decided that if saruon cashes out big i'll run a 3rd area with my summoner.

Best of Luck to everyone.
Kefka

Got 2 more hours in, 11 new qualifiers, from which 9 came in the last 20 minutes. Got new 3 items in my top 5, but still hoping for better stuff.

Slightly improved my run time, but still lose some time messing around...and I guess, always will. :)

EDIT: I'm really disappointed with charms and runes. Not a semi decent charm and a Ko rune.

I reached my first goal of this tourney, getting 5 qualifiers, including a grailer.

I did start to run slightly faster, my guess is an average of 3:30 for the last sets of runs. Far slower compared to the fast runners, but then, I do pick up every rare and identify it, as well as all elite blues and all items that can get staff mods, not to mention charms, rings, amulets, flawless gems, runes, the occassional superior white, and some greys.

My map is not optimal as well, the waypoint-entrance measuring approximately ten tps. I won't change the map though since it's good (but not top) for numerous targets, including Meph, Baal and tunnels. I like to mix my running, so a decent map for various targets simultaneously is not something to be discarded lightly.

Added myself to the table. I am running AT with a Meteorb sorceress, approx 400 MF.

With just over 4 hours in and 3 qualifiers, I'm updating...mainly because of a very nice non-qualifier.

Graverobber's Grand Charm of Vita
Required Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0x5a9bf939
+40 to Life
+1 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only)

I'm withdrawing from this tournament. A colleage has just had his 3-year old son diagnosed with leukemia. Understandably that means he'll be spending most of his time with his family in the next couple of weeks (or however long the treatments will be. They would start some intensive treatments immediately)
That means I'll spend a lot more time at work, and have very little time left over for d2.

If the next to update the table would remove me, I'd appreciate it.

Good luck to all runners :)

Found two qualifier, 1 being a grailer. Lots of exceptional ones though. Highest was 5 in 1 run

Good luck to your colleague and his son, nubi.
*Removed nubikoen

Thanks to bassano for ok'ing a second character in this.:) I have also added Thy to the table. She may notice. Again thanks to bassano.

maareek said:
Actually...wouldn't that be "C'est la mort?" ;p

Well played. I LOL'ed

Not sure how You can be so fast and find so many qualifiers, if i've found after 4 hours in Tunnels just 5 of them...I'm dissapointed, really...One is possibly going to my top five, but still, very dissapointed...

Well, anyway thanks to Grande, Nagi and others, ive improved my running speed to, say, reasonable numbers - ie 80 seconds per run...Still very slow compared to best runners, but my map isn't optimal and i have no time for improvement...

Experience bar is moving relatively fast, at least, my sorc can hit lvl 93 during this tourney 👍

Seems like someone tossed my previous results out od here :D
3h, 11 qualifiers, one top5 methinks, but I'm not happy :(

Still it is early but not looking to good.

Got 3 hours of runs done tonight, with only one good drop within the first hour. Let's hope I'm not out of luck yet.. at least the run times are staying at 40 seconds. Actually managed to keep the average time under 38 seconds for the first 40 minutes or so.

Edit: Added the update by frozzzen

I died.

Literally.

It took another try after that (boss was FE), but now that it's over, I'm enjoying the butterflies fluttering about. :).

Congratulations!!

You surely did deserve it with your run count.

I wondered where my tournament Jah went :) You stole it!

Congrats Nagisa, enjoy it. Besides, I only find those when it's Mephathon :crazyeyes:

Ah, memories :D
I remember now how I felt when my Jah droped in tunels last MFO :)
Now quit torney and LK hunt for that Ber 👍

Gongratz on the Jah Nagisa!

As for me, I'm halfway there, and I have a feeling that a couple of my current top5 is going to stay there to the end.

Very nice, NF! This being my first MF tourney of any kind, I don't expect that kind of luck- but this is doing my grail no end of good!

I've had two short running sessions since my last update; got two qualifiers each time. That's the way it has been so far- 5 short sessions, 10 qualifiers total. At least the last couple were definitely top-5 worthy!

NagisaFurukawa said:
I died.

Literally.

It took another try after that (boss was FE), but now that it's over, I'm enjoying the butterflies fluttering about. :).

I did acquire a nice shiny Leynmo...wanna trade?

(srsly though. I'd prally have hit my head on the ceiling, that's great to see, and congrats)

Kefka

NagisaFurukawa said:
I died.

Literally.

I was happy with my Mal. Operative word: was.

I posted a rare coronet in the IFT, but I found it in this tourney. So look at it. And declare me a haxxor.

I did 1.5 more hours, but not worth updating the table for. More to come tomorrow.
Might as well update since I actually found something. One tenth of the way through and I have one qualifier. At first I thought it was a grailer, but after checking ATMA realized it wasn't. Oh well, no worries as I'm still ahead of EmperorMoo. 😉

NagisaFurukawa said:
I died.

Literally.

Serves you right! Taking all my AT rune luck for yourself!

But seriously, congrats. I assume the plan is to team it up with another high rune to make the ultimate PvP armor?

Found another couple of qualifiers, but nothing wonderful.

CM

maareek said:
But seriously, congrats. I assume the plan is to team it up with another high rune to make the ultimate PvP armor?

Thanks maareek (and others). :). It is somewhat ironic (or should I say jawdropping, *hides*) to get this now after shutting down LK machine in five digits, but as for your question, it is very tough to answer. Keeping this OT as short as possible out of respect for bass and others, my dream items are either this or this. Ber is obviously very difficult and/or time-consuming to find or cube (especially compared to Ohm), and I do like 'Faith' a lot more, but it is less versatile (my novelty builds have no dire need for 'Faith' rogue, plus I will only make in GMB because of aesthetics), and it has the potential for very bad roll (12 Fanaticism means no 'Fortitude').

EDIT: In other words, the waiting game ensues. *whistle*

-----------------------

Getting back to our regularly scheduled programming, however, I am at 823 runs now, with still nothing desirable for top 5. My goal of finishing 4th (or better) in 3 of 3 MF tourney is very much in jeopardy right now, but next 750 or so runs will tell the story. :).

Good luck, everyone.

Spent an hour and forty 3 minutes got with 4 qualifiers. Not a bad start.

Finally I had some time. 35 runs on /p5 brought me one level up and 4 qualifiers.

@Nagisa: Big congrats 👍.

Minor update: A couple more hours done, and I almost doubled my qualifier total. One of them managed to improve what would be my final score by a whopping 0.1 points. Also found two rare Scourges, a rare Hydra Bow, and a couple of blue Diadems that don't count for anything except close calls.

I'll do proper update when I reach the half way mark.

I did have something potentially odd happen. I opened the sparkly chest and a couple of Horror Mages spawned from it. I don't remember that happening outside the caskets in Act1 (and maybe another place or two), but I can't think of it happening from any chest before. Also, I don't remember ever getting multiple enemies spawned by opening/popping one object before either.

Anybody else ever experience this?

sirpoopsalot said:
I did have something potentially odd happen. I opened the sparkly chest and a couple of Horror Mages spawned from it. I don't remember that happening outside the caskets in Act1 (and maybe another place or two), but I can't think of it happening from any chest before. Also, I don't remember ever getting multiple enemies spawned by opening/popping one object before either.

Anybody else ever experience this?

That actually happened to me yesterday. Now that you mention it, it does seem wierd as i usually get that from just kicking stuff.

I saw it few times before already.

Never happened to me, with any chest. Also never had more than one monster spawn from one sarcophagus, barrel, etc...

That's really weird, coming from a sparkly chest.

I can't remember if I've had that happen to me (I rarely open the chest, anyway) but I know even sparkly chests can be booby-trapped. Spawning monsters is part of the list of boobytraps, so I would imagine it's possible, just very, very rare.

Neck Romancer please be careful when copy/pasting the table. You got the wrong one. That took out Mursillis update plus Mungo's second character and my own entry. :(

This should be correct, but if someone else can check it, I'd appreciate it.

If anyone wonders why I'm doing the AT and not the WSK it's because 1) I'm levelling my PvP sorc and 2) I can't find my Infinity. :shocked:

:whistling: Testing green aura polearms shhhh!!!
Found it lying around so thought why not.:whistling:

6 hours in, 5 low qualifiers will update table later, well Thy will as I wouldnt want make a mess of it!!!

Whoop, managed to shorten my runes frm 74 seconds to 50 average, sadly no qualifier this hour. Will update later.
Edit: Opps, lying, I got one minor.

4:15 and nothing. No runes (above ort), no skillers, nothing. Not a sausage. Best drop has been a Hwannin's Bill.
Reflect on THAT, all of you claiming to be "disappointed" with your qualifiers! :rant:
The 7min run time probably doesn't help, though.

Still, off to a beer festival now, so I'll push on tomorrow. Knowing Diablo, I'll probably get a Tyrael's and a Stormlash drop from an anonymous Fallen on route to a bosspack.

I haven't moved people in the table to reflect run-times, just myself.

Chairnick said:
Edit: Opps, lying, I got one minor.

Uh oh, that reminds me. I saw a minor healing potion drop from a normal Invader... And masochistic as I am, I just had to check the drop rate from ATMA, 1:600K. And compared to Tyrael's from a normal Invader, 1:395K.. yeah. I was kinda saddened.

Got a Tal's ammy just now, my second so far since formatting all my D2 wealth some time last year..

Going to update table with my runs later tonight.

Edit: All right, got 3 hours in, which was done with pretty much 2 breaks.

Average run time: 38.049
Best run times: 26.797, 26.688

Got some nice non-qualifiers:

Code:
Tal Rasha's Adjudication
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x2893d696
+50 to Life
+42 to Mana
Lightning Resist +33%
Adds 3-32 lightning damage
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels

***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
10% Faster Cast Rate

War Traveler
Battle Boots
Defense: 120
Durability: 11 of 48
Kick Damage: 37 to 64
Required Strength: 95
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x1573f066
+10 to Strength
+10 to Vitality
+150% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Minimum Damage
+25 to Maximum Damage
+30 Maximum Durability
Attacker Takes Damage of 7
44% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
25% Faster Run/Walk
40% Slower Stamina Drain

Highlord's Wrath
Amulet
Required Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0xe6421718
Lightning Resist +35%
Adds 1-30 lightning damage
20% Increased Attack Speed
+1 to All Skill Levels
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 15
0% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)

Death's Guard
Sash
Defense: 22
Durability: 7 of 12
Required Level: 6
Fingerprint: 0x725987d3
+20 Defense
Cannot Be Frozen

All Resistances +15

Thyiad said:
I can't find my Infinity.

Ok, I'll bite, what's the story behind the missing infinity?

In the crypt and mausoleum, I know some chests and jars there will spawn two fallen dead when opened, so it stands to reason in AT as well.

CM

Since Mungo (Thyiad's roommate) mentioned something about testing a green aura polearm... I think you can figure it out. ;)

Forgot to post this one last night. 5 nice mods with 3 nice rolls = definite keeper.

Rune Chain
Belt
Defense: 5
Durability: 9 of 16
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 63
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x1024cee3
+29 to Strength
+9 to Life
Fire Resist +10%
Cold Resist +27%
24% Faster Hit Recovery

... I'm about to start my runs for the day. Hopefully I'll be motivated enough to reach the half way point.

Bellok is all finished up.
he had several very very low TC finds.
and a really poor Poison Facet find.
and decent, but not awesome rune finds.
But it was all worthwhile.
I sure wish i'd found the other helmet though.

Kefka

An item I haven't found before.
Wait. A non-qualifier twice as rare as a Death's Web from a normal Devilkin. Curses!

Still lots of qualifiers, but the quality level has dropped since back when I had 10 qualifiers.

1 : 5648907 Torch of Iro - {qlvl 7} Pit Level 1 - {mlvl 85}
Code:
Torch of Iro
Wand
One-Hand Damage: 2 to 4
Durability: 13 of 15
Required Level: 5
Staff Class - Normal Attack Speed
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x356a5497
+10 to Energy
Regenerate Mana 5%
Adds 5-9 fire damage
6% Life stolen per hit
+1 to Necromancer Skill Levels
+3 to Light Radius
150% Damage to Undead

Whoops!!

Sometimes I hate this game :xxx:

Doh! Still a nice find, Mungo.

BTW, I'm kinda curious- what tends to be the scores for those that make it into the top 3 in a tourney like this? I've been complaining about my drops so far, but then I realized that I just don't even know how I'm doing, comparatively!

Edit: Ah, had forgotten about that link, thanks poops. Well, I guess I'll quit making a stink about my luck- I've already beaten your score for last year :D

Check the results thread linked in the first post. ;) Last time a score around 50 was enough for Top10, but getting on the podium pretty much requires getting at least one really rare drop as well as pretty decent luck otherwise. It looks like we'll have a comparable number of finishers this time, so I'm guessing the final results should be close to last years.

I got a 2nd Top5-worthy item, and although it's only a somewhat-useful item, it got a pretty good roll, so I'm pleased about that. Winning is going to be a large matter of luck, so I'll take somewhat-useful items with nice rolls as a reasonable compromise. I also found another rare Hydra Bow.

@Mungo, I understand your frustration. I did 16 warmup runs before the tournament and found a Crown of Ages. Good drop, bad timing. :p Edit: though I just looked it up, and now I really understand - 19.3 points for one item... ouch.

that's a really really impressive find mungo, yeah, too bad it isn't in the tourney, but perfect +skills roles? impressive!
kefka

Think I'm done running for tonight- might quest with my piosoner, see if I can get him ready to do pits after I'm done with AT. Things are definitely looking up now! Also, updated my MF- switched some things around to get some extra.

Nothing to help score today, and not much drops in general. This charm annoys me a little bit too. :p.

Fanatic Grand Charm of Vita
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xc520027f
+36 to Life
+1 to Masteries Skills (Barbarian Only)

EDIT: This is a bit off-topic, but the first charm I got in LK just now is...

Fanatic Grand Charm of Vita
Unidentified
Item Level: 80
Fingerprint: 0x76fe28dd
+37 to Life
+1 to Masteries Skills (Barbarian Only)

. . .

Pretty good session to get me to the halfway point. Found a couple of potential top 5 items but there's still room for improvement.

I made the halfway point too. IIRC, I had 6 qualifiers after the first 5 hours, and now I have 4 times that. 3 of the first 6 are still in my Top5. It just goes to show that even over this many runs luck is still the biggest factor by a large margin.

Speaking of luck, I got a qualifier from the sparkly chest. It wasn't good enough for my Top5, but it's still not often you pop an EU from a chest, so it was noteworthy.

My score is already enough to be respectable, but there's also much room for improvement. About what I'd hoped from the standpoint of results. No jaw-dropper items (yet again), so that's a little disappointing (but unsurprising).

Now I think I'm going to take a break with the serious MF-running and see if I can boost my GF barb from 94 to 95. Let's see how I do in WSK, focusing on the minion waves & Baal, on /p8/p3 with 0 MF... I'll probably find Tyrael's from a random pack on the way down to the ThroneRoom and win, or something silly like that. :p

I shortened my running time drastically and that resulted in 2× more runs in half less time. Unfortunately, that also happened with qualifiers, since I only saw 5 of them drop in three hours time. I also forgot to update time one evening and I'm not sure if I ran 12 or 13 hours, so I entred 13 just to be on the safe side (and the number of runs hints towards that number anyways).
Still no oh wow qualifiers, and no useful either. I get more TC3s than elite items lately, which is kinda sad. I hope I'll improve my score untill the end and maybe find that elusive unique Hydra Bow (found quite a few rares) which could result in entering with another char - Bowazon. Oh, and of course, no tournament run can't be without this. 👍
:sigh:

A couple of other finds:

Code:
Arctic Furs 
Quilted Armor 
Defense: 49 
Durability: 16 of 20 
Required Level: 2 
Required Strength: 12 
Fingerprint: 0x7e0f9476 
Unidentified 
+316% Enhanced Defense 
All Resistances +10 
Set (2 items): +225 Defense (Based on Character Level) 
Set (3 items): Cold Resist +15%

Death's Guard 
Sash 
Defense: 22 
Durability: 10 of 12 
Required Level: 6 
Fingerprint: 0x3b06723c 
+20 Defense 
Cannot Be Frozen 
Set (2 items): Cold Resist +15% 
Lightning Resist +15% 
Fire Resist +15% 
Poison Resist +15%  

Guardian Angel 
Templar Coat 
Defense: 783 
Durability: 34 of 60 
Required Level: 45 
Required Strength: 118 
Fingerprint: 0x3967f894 
+1 to Paladin Skill Levels 
+30% Faster Block Rate 
20% Increased Chance of Blocking 
+222 to Attack Rating against Demons (Based on Character Level) 
+185% Enhanced Defense 
+15% to Maximum Poison Resist 
+15% to Maximum Cold Resist 
+15% to Maximum Lightning Resist 
+15% to Maximum Fire Resist 
+4 to Light Radius 

Herald of Zakarum 
Gilded Shield 
Defense: 479 
Chance to Block: 52 
Durability: 34 of 50 
Required Strength: 89 
Fingerprint: 0xb0f5d6e4 
Unidentified 
+2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only) 
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels 
+30% Faster Block Rate 
30% Increased Chance of Blocking 
20% Bonus to Attack Rating 
+184% Enhanced Defense 
+20 to Strength 
+20 to Vitality 
All Resistances +50

Not much to update on, bit of extra time though. I did seem to have two entries floating around so i got rid of one.

constantly reminding myself that i'm doing this for the items i find and not for the competition :p

[1.12a SC FAM NTPP]

this might seem like a joke, but i'm not laughing.
I just Build sauron, my new pit necro...he's awesome! leveling steadily.
He just spent 4...that's F-O-U-R straight hours in the Pit.
and he didn't even get a tee shirt.

I was averaging around 1.1 an hour with the pally, same MF, he was a little quicker. But this was grueling. I got to see a lotta nice items, unearthed wands, a dimensional shard, 3-4 diadems and even some sacred armor! it's like a preview of what's not to come.
I'm going to just trust it's nerves. Or that i've gone totally color blind within the last 24 hours.
Best of luck to you all.
Kefka

Got another 5 hours in, with much improved run time. And then, after over 4 hours, I clicked on nightmare and lost my map. ?

The weird thing is that, after improving the run time, I got increase in quality, not quantity. In first six hours i got 23 qualifiers, and in this five hours I got 'only' nine. But out of those new qualifiers 2 are currently topping my list.

The best one came out of the sparky chest. All alone, no other items, gold etc..
Car was in the shop yesterday and had nothing else do to, other than a 3 hour Registry of Motor Vehicles wait , so ran away. To be honest I'm not really keeping track of runs, but it's about a 15 minute walk through the WSK so I'm assuming my run total is within one or two of being accurate.

One more qualifier, and this one is in fact a grailer. Not a stupendous item, but since I don't have it and it finishes a set, I'm happy with it.

One important think I forgot to write on rules is that drops from chest can not be in top5 as in last MFO competitions
thanks for understanding, I am going to update rules on first page
bassano

bassano said:
One important think I forgot to write on rules is that drops from chest can not be in top5 as in last MFO competitions
bassano

:( Thanks.

Bye, bye:

Heaven's Light
Mighty Scepter
One-Hand Damage: 160 to 208
Durability: 34 of 50
Required Dexterity: 65
Required Strength: 125
Required Level: 61
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x9ecf1996
+300% Enhanced Damage
+3 to Light Radius
20% Increased Attack Speed
-33% Target Defense
150% Damage to Undead
33% Chance of Crushing Blow
+15 Life after each Demon Kill
Socketed (2: 0 used)

bassano said:
bassano

Your edit to the first post messed up rule #6-7. Now I don't know when the party ends.

crap, I hope I iwll be able to repair it again

bassano, how about racks? Do uniques/sets from racks count as qualifiers?

Finished, found something near the end that made it to the bottom of my top five, every other item I found that was decent was found in the first six hours. I'll send my stuff to Bassano, and consider entering my barb in the Mausoleum.

May everyone elses drops be gold and green, and exceptional:whistling:

And many thanks to Bassano for hosting this.

CM

Edit: And as I tally up my score to send, it seems that one of the first things I found is worth more than I thought, so all my top qualifiers were found in the first six hours.

Ugh. I did better with Atil and less MF.

Neksja said:
bassano, how about racks? Do uniques/sets from racks count as qualifiers?

rule updated there says : only monsters :) only if you are considering rack as monster :D

Not only did I lose a 10 point qualifier, but also lost much time popping that sparky chest on almost every run. Many people did that, I think... I for sure won't be popping it on the rest of my runs.

Some areas don't get the chests, nirolo. It can be a big advantage. Check this out. Great explanation by Quickdeath. :)

I'm not complaining about the rule, but the lack of the rule....

Not that big a deal, anyways, I hope I'll do better than Heaven's Light on the 5th spot. :D

nirolo said:
I'm not complaining about the rule, but the lack of the rule....

Not that big a deal, anyways, I hope I'll do better than Heaven's Light on the 5th spot. :D

Do not be disappointed from that. It is tournament for fun and it is especially experience and challenge the time. And if you will loose for that haven´s light, I will prepare for you some special surprise in prize section :)

No worries Bassano. :)

I got really frustrated at work and had to whine somewhere.

Another 3 hours. No increase in points this time. 14 hours to go and I'm sick of it :crazyeyes:. Off to AT I guess... :coffee:

Entering, though I'm not really good at this... :)

Hydra sorceresses probably aren't the best for AT, huh? Oh well, all I have. Got my run times down to about 2 minutes or so (cut a minute off what I was going at the start).

Dumb timing question: I've been counting the character-selection and game loading screens as "run time" - is that right? (I have a kitchen timer going and just let it run between games - only stop it for GoMule breaks, phone calls, that kind of thing...)

Level 94 means +1 MF% :crazyeyes:

And Machete said unto the RNG "bring me (at least) two of every low point qualifier", and it was done. :hang:

I can explain it just with one word - DISASTER...

I've lost my sorc (lvl 92 Blizzard) in AT due to some invisible lightning dmg, so she is out of the tourney...

And making it much more funny, i've lost my newly made HoTO, and if anyone remember, its second lost HoTO within one month (previously lost one, when my hammerdin tooked just two quick hits from fana archers pack in Pit - lvl 90 btw)...

So, if there is king of all stupid and bad players, then its named RIP...

Therefore i've removed also my Barbarian from the tourney (sorry Mungo, Thomh, poops), i don't have stomach to continue ...

Well, for quite some time, i was considering ending my career, maby D2 gods are trying to tell me something this way...Maby its time to leave...

Anyway good luck to all of You in the rest of the tourney and still thanks bass for hosting it 👍

Edit:Funny, at least i've choosed my forum name wisely :p

No need to say sorry RIP, its us who sorry, for your loss, I for one take my hat off to you for playing HC. Your win in the summer MFO was brilliant, as with all things, there are highs and lows, I hope you decide to stay and come back stronger.

Yeah that sucks RIP, sorry. HC is cruel :(

@RIP : I am sorry that my tourney caused loosing your sorc
so good luck to another tournaments 👍

Ah, sorry for the big loss RIP. I think the boss you died to is the same single threat, which has killed my sorc 5-6 times too, during this tournament. It seems that LE + CE monsters emit lightning bolts in erratic directions, and deal much more, perhaps the combined damage of both mods.

That's bad news, RIP, I'm sorry.

My SC sorc died many times in this tournament, almost all deaths coming from cold novas. When monster was only CE, the blast would take maybe 1/4 of my HP. I think that lightning and fire damage are added to cold nova. And for LE monsters it's the same thing, the bolts get additional cold and fire damage. I had to put my ravenfrost and get my resists further up, cause it was pretty bad.

I was really thinking something was wrong with the map. I was a lvl 84 just before turning 85 around my 6th hour in the pits and hadn't found anything. then i found 3 q's in 5 runs. This game's very strange. Oh well.
Kefka

15 hour update. after studying your good advice how to speed up runs. i have halved my run times. from around 4.40 to under 2.20. thanks from those tips. i try to summarize. but certainly i forget something.
1. i dropped player settings from 5 to 1.
2. not kill every monster all the time. which was significant advance. only biger monster packs and bosses and champions.
3. not pick all the money, though i pick money from champs.
4. i use much more potions now. before i drank those too sparely. like it would be crime to use those. it have been especially helpful to drink those before killing bosses. now either me or merc wont die to those nasty novas when boss die. antidote potions are also quite helpful in at.
5. use harmony in town.
6. i gave kira to merc. now lightning skeletons are not a threat anymore. leveling help also.
7. like everyone keep saying. know your map. don´t bother to tele to some corner of map if there is no bosspack. and knowing map little helps if occy is teleing you just somewhere.
8. learn items. if there is green breastplate you don´t have to id if its something meaningful.
9. all those tiny improvements. like telekiness (which i have always thought it is complete waste skill), in character selection screen push enter instead of select with mouse and click ok. and so on.

i could tweak running times by not picking all those semiuseful stuff like flawless gems, money, some white and grey items, all amulets, rings, orbs, wands, rare gloves and boots and so on. but i´m not that rich that i could pass by those. use faster computer. it takes 21 second to reach area which is too much i think.

i´m very happy from results what i have got so far. i´m not gonna win tournament ofcourse. but i have got many useful items which is much more important thing to me than good tournament points. for example almost perfect eth vampire gaze. but most important thing is that i have started to learn how to mf efficiently. well, i can´t comparete my running times with you but i´m in the right way.

Whew, after a 5-hour session I'm finally done. Bit disappointed with this last session, I only got one item which slightly increased my score.

Average time: 38.778
Best run time: 25.484

Yes, improved that record time again. Seems I still am learning, and have potential for faster runs 😉 Managed to level the sorc from 93 to 94 though. Only 4 for more levels for max synergies Blizz :D

Concerning the qualifier amount, it's really quite a bit off. I hardly picked any items whose score was under 4 or 5. That means that I could have twice the qualifiers if I'd picked up every Dangoon's Teaching, Credendum, Dark Adherent, Demon Limb, Djinn Slayer, Bloodmoon, Gimmershred, Nord's Tenderizer.. Oh you get the picture.

Last non-qualifiers:
-Another Highlords
-Green Buckler, Sash...
-25 ed, 5 str, 6 dex, 5 mf rare jewel
-+2 druid skills +30 frw, +108 AR 5% life leech circlet
-something I forgot and threw in a stash :confused:
-Io + Hel

Finally, I'd like to give some props. Thanks to:

-Silospen, for the nice save counter. It's a great program for recording run times, since while playing in windowed-mode, I can keep an eye on how I'm doing, and when I need to stop slacking :p Only problem was that the run-count was off all the time because of pauses etc. The program needs two saves on the .d2s file before it counts a run. So mostly I calculated my runs from the average time, or tried to remember the number of times I took a break.

-Naab, for the Infinity. It actually broke the cold immunity on bosses rather often, CE + spectral hit/magic resistant monsters were unbreakable usually though.

-Bassano, for arranging this tournament 👍

-The irc crowd, makes me question my sanity less when I see others with the same enthusiasm.

Now, seeing as there's still about 2 weeks of the tourney to go, I'm in the process of bringing a Venomancer (equipped with a certain loaned item :whistling:) through Hell, so he'll probably be ready for some (half?)serious Pit running any time now. I'll see if I feel it appropriate to add him to the tournament too.. I already did a few test runs and a Griswold's caduceus dropped. Bit early perhaps. Can't complain exactly, as the roll was 238 ed and 4 sockets.

I've been busy with too many things recently, but I've managed to do some more runs, getting the hang of that creepy, ugly place, 2 more qualifiers dropped, nothing spectacular tho.

Rubbish, a waste of 20 hours, strong contender for last place.

Meh. Nothing to report from the last few hours. Hopefully at least around the middle of the pack, though I'd not wish bad finds on anyone. :p.

Thanks to bassano for hosting the event. Made for a nice excuse to MF again. :). Good luck to everyone still running as well.

EDIT @ bass: Would it be better to send in our results now, or near the end?

EDIT 2 @ bass: Can we run same area twice?

Yippee more Tc3's.

Biggin's Bonnet
Cap
Defense: 17
Durability: 8 of 12
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x5e4ee5b2
+15 to Life
+15 to Mana
+30% Enhanced Damage
+30 to Attack Rating
+14 Defense

Not much dropping so far at the half way point, also a few deaths is keeping the XP bar from moving too much. Still having fun, I see some Baal's in my future with Milenko when this is over.

Good luck everyone!

Also at the halfway piont now. Gonna need a pretty good back half to be in serious contention. Both the quantity and the quality of qualifiers has been pretty bad recently.

Tidied up the table a bit and added my first update (progress, finally!).

Significant gear overhaul (meaning I swapped out Tal's amulet for a crafted one and swapped around a bunch of charms) brings my MF down to 512, maintaining 105 FCR and near maxed resists. Times for this first hour were a little slow, but should get better.

I only need 1432 runs to hit 15k AT runs all-time, so that was my original goal, but I've revised it now to get to at least 1518, so I can beat NagisaFuruLiqcan'tspellkawa. 👅

@RIP: I feel your loss. I don't know whether instant deaths are worse than the ones where you frantically chug 'juves, but seeing the deeds screen is a constant nagging worry when you're loaded up on MF rather than res/+life.

Only managed another 40mins over the weekend, taking me to ~5hrs. This is precisely where I wanted to be in terms of hours spent, but much lower down in terrms of qualifiers and general drops quality. Hopefully better stuff awaits this week... I'll update the table after today's or tomorrow's runs.

At the 4 hour mark I've only managed to gain about 2 million experience with Igor... it's always like this after a long break from WSK with him - I die stupidly to IM about 5 times before I relearn precisely when and when not to attack. Hopefully it'll be smoother sailing now, as I think I've remembered what I need to remember. :p

Speaking of remembering things, when Lister spawns manaburn I just abort those runs now - about 3 seconds fighting that spawn makes me want to punch a kitten.

I actually had a couple of qualifiers too, which was a surprise. Since I encounter 0-4 boss packs per run before the minion waves, I guess it was possible, but with no MF and 90% of my time per run spent on non-qualifier-capable monsters, I wouldn't have been surprised by a shutout either. Both qualifiers dropped on the same run.

I haven't been tracking my run count, only my time invested. I'm hopeful I can get ~75+% of the way to level95 in the 20 hours allotted, though I'm not sure if I'll make that with Igor or not. My first priority will be to get the 20 hours in with the FN sorc, but I'm enjoying the break for the moment.

Moved to 13h mark, anothr 4 qualifiers, one is pretty good, but I don't know how good exactly (mixing it up with another item), because the link to the scoring list isn't working for me since yesterday. Anyone else has this problem?

works here
http://diablo.jjscud.com/scoring/lvl85.txt

Thanks, but it doesn't work for me, too. Does someone have a file to upload somewhere?

I've copy + pasted the list into this spoiler:

Code:
Immortal King's Stone Crusher    1
Dangoon's Teaching    1.3
Laying of Hands    1.4
Dark Adherent    1.6
Credendum    1.7
Natalya's Shadow    1.7
Sazabi's Cobalt Redeemer    1.9
Arioc's Needle    2.3
Bonehew    2.3
M'avina's Embrace    2.3
Ondal's Almighty    2.3
Wizardspike    2.3
Shadow Killer    2.4
Ethereal Edge    2.5
Windhammer    2.5    
Hellrack    2.6
Hellslayer    2.6
Lightsabre    2.6
Viperfork    2.6
Demon Limb    2.8
Gimmershred    2.8
Jade Talon    3
Naj's Light Plate    3.1
Naj's Puzzler    3.1
Sazabi's Ghost Liberator    3.1
Baranar's Star    3.2
Djinn Slayer    3.2
Rune Master    3.2
Tal Rasha's Guardianship    3.2
Trang-Oul's Girth    3.2
Aldur's Deception    3.3
Bloodmoon    3.3
Demon's Arch    3.3
Flamebellow    3.3
Taebaek's Glory    3.3
The Reaper's Toll    3.3
Trang-Oul's Guise    3.3
Nord's Tenderizer    3.5
Razor's Edge    3.6
Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge    3.8
Bul-Kathos' Tribal Guardian    3.8
Ormus' Robes    3.9
Sandstorm Trek    3.9
Harlequin Crest    4.1
Andariel's Visage    4.3
Cranebeak    4.3
Griswold's Valor    4.3
Immortal King's Soul Cage    4.3
Lacerator    4.3
M'avina's True Sight    4.3
Natalya's Mark    4.3
Tomb Reaver    4.3
Verdungo's Hearty Cord    4.3
Widowmaker    4.3
Wraith Flight    4.3
Eschuta's Temper    4.6
Fleshripper    4.6
Frostwind    4.6
Gut Siphon    4.6
Messerschmidt's Reaver    4.6
Stone Crusher    4.6
Thunderstroke    4.7
The Gladiator's Bane    4.9
Marrowwalk    5
Stormshield    5
Firelizard's Talons    5.2
M'avina's Caster    5.2
Doombringer    5.7
Eaglehorn    5.7
Horizon's Tornado    5.7
Leviathan    5.7
Medusa's Gaze    5.7
Nightwing's Veil    5.7
Veil of Steel    5.7
Warshrike    5.7
Arachnid Mesh    5.9
Blackoak Shield    5.9
Dracul's Grasp    5.9
Stoneraven    6
Nosferatu's Coil    6.6
Soul Drainer    6.6
Spike Thorn    6.6
Steel Shade    6.6
Blood Raven's Charge    6.7
Wolfhowl    7.3
Arkaine's Valor    7.8
Head Hunter's Glory    7.8
Ondal's Wisdom    7.8
Boneshade    7.9
Demonhorn's Edge    7.9
Giant Skull    8.1
Spirit Ward    8.1
Steel Carapace    8.1
Alma Negra    9.1
Death Cleaver    9.3
Earth Shifter    9.3
Executioner's Justice    9.3
Gargoyle's Bite    9.3
Ghostflame    9.3
Steel Pillar    9.3
Stormspire    9.3
The Cranium Basher    9.3
The Grandfather    9.3
Windforce    9.3
Griswold's Honor    9.8
Heaven's Light    9.8
The Redeemer    9.8
Boneflame    10.4
Halaberd's Reign    10.4
Crown of Ages    10.7
Griffon's Eye    10.7
Shadow Dancer    10.7
Steelrend    10.7
Templar's Might    10.7
Cerebus' Bite    11
Griswold's Redemption    11.3
Spirit Keeper    14.2
Dragonscale    14.6
Ravenlore    14.6
Azurewrath    15.6
Death's Fathom    16.8
Darkforce Spawn    19.3
Schaefer's Hammer    23.1
Astreon's Iron Ward    27.8
Mang Song's Lesson    27.8
Death's Web    27.9
Stormlash    34
Tyrael's Might    96.4

Hope that helps.

Thanks, Maareek, I copied it to my hard drive, so won't need the link anymore.

Just checked that drop of mine, and it's really good. And since then got another nice one. Both got to the top of my list.

OT: I was the one that asked of your missing grailers. Can't belive you didn't get HoZ ever. I guess it's like me and War Traveler....

cont OT: Ah yes, the dreaded TC51 Armor treasure class. War Travs, HoZ, Skullders, Vamp Gaze

So much good stuff that never seems to drop. (Skullders was the last Exceptional Unique I ever found.)

On topic: I had a good day yesterday with a grailer and a nice bump in score. I've got about 4-5 hours left which should be enough time to get one more nice upgrade in scoring and hopefully get me to a good spot in the rankings but it will probably take something special to move up to the top.

I'm almost finished with the first char. I haven't seen any nice qualifiers in 5 or so hours, but on the other hand I have known to have
terrible memory. Not that it matters that much, the drops would have to be pretty godly to change my top5 anymore.

Another couple hours. Run times are down a tad more, but still not where I want them, guess I'm a little out of shape. :rolleyes: On the plus side, looks like total runs for entrants will be much higher this tournament than last - there were only 3 total runners with more than 1,000 runs last time (which has already been matched this tourney), of which the highest was bassano with 1516. Good for competition. :)

Off-topic @nirolo: Glad that helped. As Ohomemgrande pointed out, that's a tough TC. I think bcoe found a Tyrael's before a HoZ, as well (pretty sure he found the HoZ before his second Tyrael's, though I could be wrong) and there are a few other people who have HoZ on their short list of remaining grailers. I've only found one Vamp Gaze (eth), as well.

pushed last 5 hour. didn´t get any improvements to points. but it doesn´t matter. tournament was fun and i learned lots of from mf. got also couple nice usable items. next time few hundrets runs more. thanks bassono from arrange this. this was my first tournament but definitely not last.

Just completed hour no. 5. I got my first qualifier today, one run before the end of my time. Pretty poor, and not an item I'll ever use unless I turn it into an Iron Golem. Stil, at least I won't end up with a big fat 0. On the plus side, I'm levelling quite nicely - another half a level gained this hour. I've set my run count to unknown. I could work it out, but there would be quite a margin for error as I've been messing about with my strategy.

@RIP: Mmm. Bad, bad set of circumstances. Hate to see you go, man. Hope you reconsider.

I've got only four hours left for this character. Unless I hit an amazing streak of luck, I have a feeling I'll be nearing the basement in terms of scores. Then again, the best item I found in last year's tourney was in hour seventeen, which is exactly where I'm at now!

In the last hour, I did find my first grailer for the tournament. Now sitting at-45; I have now just nudged above the 91% complete mark.

Carrion Wind
Ring
Required Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0x8b77e28d
+120 Defense vs. Missile
Poison Resist +55%
6% Life stolen per hit
10% Damage Taken Goes to Mana
8% Chance to cast Level 13 Twister on striking
10% Chance to cast Level 10 Poison Nova when struck
Level 21 Poison Creeper (9/15 Charges)

I futzed with the table a bit, but I'm too tired to do any more. We don't need any major mistakes due to sleepiness/beers. :p

sirpoopsalot said:
Now I think I'm going to take a break with the serious MF-running and see if I can boost my GF barb from 94 to 95. Let's see how I do in WSK, focusing on the minion waves & Baal, on /p8/p3 with 0 MF... I'll probably find Tyrael's from a random pack on the way down to the ThroneRoom and win, or something silly like that. :p

That was almost prophetic.

This just dropped from one of Colenzo's minions, so it's technically not a qualifier. That's fine since it means I can show off now, and it also means I met my main goal for the tournament (find a grailer or a high rune). :)

IT IS!!!!

(1:20M odds)

Tyrael's Might
Sacred Armor
Defense: 1460
Required Level: 84
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0x417e7d72
+21 to Strength
+143% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +30
Requirements -100%
20% Faster Run/Walk
Slain Monsters Rest In Peace
64% Damage to Demons
Indestructible
Cannot Be Frozen

...You LUCKY...!

Huge congrats! If anyone was to get it, I'm glad it was you! Too funny about how you set it up. ...Um, would you mind telling some story about me finding a Tyrael's on my very last AT run for the tourney...?

Again, that's mega. Way to go! :highfive:

Grats Poops! :guiness: Jah and 1 Tyrael's so far...It's shaping up to be a heck of a tourney!

Congrats, poops! You weren't the only one predicting that, as soon as I read the aforementioned statement I thought "Actually, it's more likely he'd find Tyrael's from a minion and still end up near the bottom." ;)

That's at least the third Tyrael's from Baal's minions this year, and at least the fifth total for '09. Guess Tyrael has just gotten super generous... I hope he sees fit to shoot a grailer my way, too. :whistling:

Wow, huge grats poops!! Getting it like that... :eek:mg: And better yet, saying you will :lol2:

On topic: The new map I rolled turns out to be a lot better than the old one. I'm now down to ~1min /run, without changing my play too much, other than what comes with routine. Nothing big has dropped.

Great stuff, Poops. :D Congratulations!

Congrats poops. You're of course now obligated to make a build or three that uses it. :p.

P.S. Isn't it a tad dangerous to have Find Item as F4, given the likelihood that you'd be pressing Alt at around the same time? :D.

@Nagisa : with score sending it is up to you. For me do not mind sent it now and even not send it on the end
and you can ofc run same area twice olny you must use differenct char :)

@sirpoops: grats to your grail, It is always nice to see selfound grail, it is moment of glory 👍

Big Congrats Sir Poops .

I am now gonna go get a high rune from Hephasto!!!

Thanks all.

NagisaFurukawa said:
P.S. Isn't it a tad dangerous to have Find Item as F4, given the likelihood that you'd be pressing Alt at around the same time? :D.

I almost never use the F-keys, I'm just too lazy to remap them. The secondary key-binding for that one is the letter 'F', which is the button I press when switching skills. (for me: F1 = A, F2 = S, F3 = D, F4 = F, F5 = Z, F6 = X, etc.)

... and the armour's already in use ;).

Reaper's Toll (Amn) + Guillaumes (IAS) + Tyraels (IAS) might not be the most common merc setup, but it's got pretty much everything that I'd want on my barb's WSK-running merc, so I'm pretty happy with it. Crushing Blow, Deadly Strike, Leech, Decrepify, high damage, decent attack speed, FHR, Resists, CBF, FRW, RIP, etc... they all add up pretty nicely, I think. The only thing missing is damage reduction (Decrepify kindof counts though), but he's got over 4700 life when I cast BO, so he can live pretty well without it.

sirpoopsalot said:
Tyrael's Might

I must admit that I laughed when I saw this. Classic post though. 👍

Well deserved poops, congrats.

Yay Tyrael's! 1:20M is what I call long odds - maybe you should consider buying a lottery ticket this week, sirpoops!

gz, btw.

EmperorMoo said:
Yay Tyrael's! 1:20M is what I call long odds - maybe you should consider buying a lottery ticket this week, sirpoops!.

Let's consider how many monsters each of us kills only in this tournament.

Suppose we do 1000 AT runs, ~30 kills per run make 30000 slain monsters. So 30 of us in the tournament would kill almost a million monsters. In 20 days only. And we've been slaying baddies for years. Suddenly the odds for any item don't look so bad. :D

Yes, we are killing loads of monsters, but (caveat for the mathematically minded - I'm accepting these stats with no discussion):

Say, for example, 1 million monsters die in 20 days. But the odds for Tyrael's are still 1 in 20 million. So that means we need to run the tournament 20x longer to give a 1:1000000 chance.

Still pretty long odds, I'd say. 😉

Past the 16 hour mark....and just when I was thinking to myself I'm getting too many blues and yellows of a certain item type, the golden one appears.

A true grailer for me and new no1 on my list.
Well another 3 hours of running, and a big fat zero for qualifiers. At least it's entertaining considering the nasty monster spawns I've been running into. Seems ever other gloam bosspack is fanaticism or conviction enhanced. Keeps me on my toes. :nod: Either those or the Frenzytaur/OK combinations make for great times.

My sorc is nearing completion... and the outcome is not looking good. I'm going to be so close to 1k runs, but in the end I'll be short by the tiniest margin. :\

So in order to spice up my life, I began running with my Bowazon. One hour done, one qualifier found, and a grailer knocked off the list (-44). Maybe things are picking up!
[/QUOTE]

Stoped counting my runs as I got derpressed by it but it should be around 550. Found only 2 qualifiers in those 3 hours but one did increase my score slightly. Nearly 11 hours stil left and I'm not sure that I'll be able to finish those runs cause colledge started few days ago and my free time is limited.
Just so I don't forget how long I've run a minor update. In the past hour and a half of running doubled my qualifiers. I may actually have 5 items for a top 5 by the time I'm done. There is even the chance I'll...gasp...have to choose which to include in the top 5 if I end up with more than 5 qualifiers. :rolleyes:

Well, found a few more, improved my score a bit. There's still time for me to find a really nice item or two to put me in decent shape for the standings. I'd cross my fingers, but that makes it really hard to keep my 65-second run times :p

Found 2 more qualifiers (finally). The second one I wish I could brag about, as it is quite possibly the item I've always wanted to find, but never have (and no, it's not Tyrael's - I've never been that lucky).

Broke 1k runs, so I guess it's a good time for an update. Starting off, runtimes weren't where I wanted, but I can't complain too much with them now. Still nowhere near San's times, but good. Hoping I can finish up by Friday, which should leave just enough time to get in 20 hours with my GF barb.

This past hour has been quite nice, with a new highest rune found in AT (Ist, previous highest was Fal) and a grailer. Self-found grail -10, I wonder if I can eek out one more in this tourney...

Well, I'm finished. Had one day of glory, on which I found all 5 of my qualifiers. If only all of them had been that good. Good luck to those still running :)

Finding Tyraels did a pretty good job of motivating me, so I've managed to boost Igor up to the half way point for the tournament in the last couple of days. No new qualifiers to speak of, but a couple of decent charms (below), and a pretty good quality of Baal drops lately too (Cat's Eye, Andy's Visage, etc.) considering my lack of MF.

I've managed to gain 75-80M experience in the last 6 hours, which is ~40% of what I needed to level. So if I don't die too much I may make level95 before his time is up. It should be close.

I'm going to stick with Igor for now, since I seem to have found a pretty good system for staying alive lately. Usually after a break it takes me several deaths to remember what I gotta do to survive in WSK with him, and this past time was no exception. I don't want to loose that rhythm, so the sorc/MF will have to wait for a bit. The secret is that sometimes you've gotta take a real beating to stay alive. :p

And I gotta say that I'm loving Tyraels as a merc armour for this task. He gets to handle Dolls & Gloams without risk of them being resurrected (or me dying ;)). He also does a pretty good number on the skeleton mages in the 2nd wave while I'm taking care of the revivers.

Steel Grand Charm of Balance (dropped on my last run, and I was figuring it would be junk/reroll fodder)
Required Level: 29
Unidentified
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x24b1b0b1
+97 to Attack Rating
12% Faster Hit Recovery

Fine Small Charm of Dexterity
Required Level: 21
Fingerprint: 0x31fb7001
+2 to Dexterity
+19 to Attack Rating
+3 to Maximum Damage

Nothing of any interest in this post, just updating time and MF - slight increase due to finding a nice 28%MF ring. Run times are decreasing with practice, now ~approx 5mins a go. I'll hopefully level again tonight 👍

@RIP: I am sorry for your loss man. Those boss packs get so dangerous sometimes and they are the sole focus for these area runs, I guess you can say that at least they never let things get too boring.

Well my twenty hours are up on my sorc, her exp went from a tiny sliver over 94 to around 3/4 of the way full towards 95. (I wonder, has anyone ever hit 99 doing 85 area runs alone? At this early stage it seems possible :crazyeyes:). I have definitely come back down to earth in terms of qualifiers compared to last time even though I did nearly double the amount of runs with ~50 more MF and same map and players settings.:scratchchin: This is just more evidence for the unofficial drop mechanics of this game:

1. When it rains, it pours, luck comes in streaks
2. The lazy man always prospers, you find your best items when you aren't looking for them, and can't find them when you are

Anyway, at least I found some good runes (Ist and an Um from the sparkly chest) as well as a very nice non qualifier:

Code:
[URL="http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/5832/screenshot058h.jpg"]Herald of Zakarum[/URL]
Gilded Shield
Defense: 469
Chance to Block:  72%
Smite Damage: 20 to 28
Durability: 35 of 50
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 89
Fingerprint: 0x12b0f0f9
+20 to Strength
+20 to Vitality
+178% Enhanced Defense
+30% Increased Chance of Blocking
All Resistances +50
30% Faster Block Rate
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
+2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)

My run times got progressively quicker, I think a part of this was playing for shorter periods so I could remain more focused. At first I was averaging about 1:10 run times, but by the end I was regularly doing just over 60 runs an hour, unfortunately I couldn't quite hit the magical 1200 run mark overall. This tournament was a lot of fun and I can see already many people have found awesome items as part of this (grats especially to sirpoops for tyraels, nagisa for jah rune and others with nice finds). I will now continue with my IK barb in the pits, hopefully he can pull a few miracle finds but I doubt it. Good luck to everyone else still running.

Updating 6 more hours. I'm afraid I've lost count of my runs completely, so I can only approximate them, which is a shame. I should have recorded them on paper or something.

Two and a half hours left, run times averaging 45 seconds in the last session. Looking strong, if the last year's results are a good comparison.

Managed to run for 2 hrs today. :crazyeyes: One question: Do ammys count as qualifiers? Cause i haven't seen them in the qualifier list. (stupid question i guess)

Also, kudos to everyone who has the patience to make 20hr runs! I can fight against everything except one thing. Boredom........ :sleep2:

iLoco said:
One question: Do ammys count as qualifiers? Cause i haven't seen them in the qualifier list. (stupid question i guess)

Negative. There are odds as to which S/U jewelry piece will be a Highlords vs. another useless Nokozan. However, unlike the weapons & armor which are chosen by Treasure Class (TC), all jewelry (rings, ammys, jewels) and charms come from a miscellaneous item drop category. I know we can tell the relative scarcity of jewelry vs. weapons/armors, but I can't tell you why jewelry isn't included on the score sheet. Maybe it's because there's no true normal/exceptional/elite status of jewelry. It'd be interesting to have them be included, but... no. No jewelry is counted for your score/qualifier list.

*AHEM*

After the abysmal runs, I've been keeping my sorc on the back burner. Instead I ran for 3.5 hours with my Bowazon today. And WOW!!! what a contrast in runs. Within my first three hours, I'd found what could potentially be my final top five items. The score's higher than my sorc's, too! There aren't any singularly awesome items [addendum: to me, I mean. When you're at a self-found -44 grail, only the very rarest items would floor me these days], but the sum total is pretty good. Up to yesterday, I had found two grailers in about twenty hours of running. Today alone, I found two more! -42. What a turnaround in luck.

I'm done. The last few hours were a bit of a disappointment as the Ancient Tunnels lived up to their name and dried up. Oh well, the tournament for me was a success as I added a grailer. Good luck to everyone still running.

Small update, nothing of note dropping...to many deaths I may drop some MF, but more likely will switch to p3 after next level.

I'm out. I simply can't get the time to do any running right now and the rest of my month isn't going to be any easier for me. I'll rather drop than try to compete with my 2 hour runtime. :p

Best qualifier I had was a +15% Nightwing's Veil. Rest was jank.

Time is also against me, but I'm trying. I hope during weekend I can manage more. After 5 hours and 5 minutes now, only 6 qualifiers, at least one of them is not total junk.

A rant (or a conspiracy theory):

I have done 17 and a half hours of tournament, with almost 1k runs, and in all these I've never seen an unearthed wand drop. I've seen dimensional shards, caduceii, vortex shields, diadems, more than plenty sacred armors, but not a single unearthed wand.

So I think that unearthed wand (and its unique version, so called Death's Web) is a hoax put together by Blizzard's stuff and some people here in SPF. There is NO unearthed wand. It DOES NOT exist. Nope. If I ever see it drop I'll refuse to believe it. Hell, if the Death's Web dropped I wouldn't report it to my top 5.

Should be able to finish up tomorrow. Was another good day, with me picking up a second grailer of the tourney. Very surprising, that.

nirolo said:
So I think that unearthed wand (and its unique version, so called Death's Web) is a hoax put together by Blizzard's stuff and some people here in SPF. There is NO unearthed wand. It DOES NOT exist. Nope. If I ever see it drop I'll refuse to believe it. Hell, if the Death's Web dropped I wouldn't report it to my top 5.

I have a similar theory about Windforce. I just reckon it's some editing of ATMA readouts whenever I see someone *claims* to have got one.

nirolo said:

I have done 17 and a half hours of tournament, with almost 1k runs, and in all these I've never seen an unearthed wand drop. I've seen dimensional shards, caduceii, vortex shields, diadems, more than plenty sacred armors, but not a single unearthed wand.

Agree. I have never ever seen unearthed wand in my entire diablo career and I refuse to belive it does exist :D
Just like you said - many Sacred armors, shards and caddys, one golden and one blue hydra bow ( not in this tourney I'm afraid ), but not a single unearthed wand.
[poops_hax] It would be so cool if first unearthed wand that I see apears golden :badteeth: [/poops_hax]

I'll update my runs today. Until last raport nothing realy hapened :(

EmperorMoo said:
I have a similar theory about Windforce. I just reckon it's some editing of ATMA readouts whenever I see someone *claims* to have got one.

It exists. ;)

Got a few more qualifiers, including another grailer. Runs is now really a complete guess, it's good I'm using the hardware stopwatch. I'll probably manage to finish the twenty hours by the end of the tourney.

The Venomancer was quite the bore, so I'm entering my barb, Jones, for the pits. I probably won't care as much for the competitive part with these runs, as I did with the sorceress. Meaning I'll run at a more leisurely pace, and might not care that much for recording run amounts.

First toon finished. I'm extremely happy with the results, even if I didn't find those couple of items I'm currently hunting because every
item on the top5-list is a grailer for me.

I'll try to get all 20 hours done with my second char, but not sure yet if that's going to happen with not being able to play this weekend
and only a week left after that.

Edit: Okay, this is scary. Not even half an hour done on the second char and already found a definite top-fiver. :whistling: Updating because of that.

Jason Maher said:
It exists. ;)

Says you. You are obviously in the pay of Blizzard/SPF, and can't be trusted... ;)

2nd Qualifier found, so far one qualifier per 4.5 hours. This is truly rubbish. Still, I'm levelling nicely. And I've almost completed Sigons and Arctic Furs during this tournament.

Phew, finished at last!

I'm having less and less time lately, because uni started, so I decided that I won't enter with another character, due to the lack of time, and to be perfectly honest, I got a bit sick of diablo, so I'll be taking a break. I was really struggling for a last few hours and could only play 15-30 min at once. I'll be back for any interesting tournament though.

As for drops, I'll just say, I'm not impressed, but it could've been lot worse. The fact that I got 2 of my top 5 items in the last 10 minutes of 20 hours, speaks for itself. Other drops weren't too good either, no omggosu charms or jewels or anything special really. One reason for entering this tournament was to get some gear for my characters, but I didn't get one piece of equipment that I could use. Oh well, better luck next time I guess.

Anyways, somewhere in between I lost the track of runs, so I had to estimate the number of runs, and I figured that the number of runs is about 1000, give or take 40. In this time I got 39 qualifiers and a few others that I lost in some stupid mistakes I made, but none would change my final score fortunately. 127 items ended in my gomule stash for this tournament including jewelry, socketables and some exceptional items. The highest rune that I got was Lem, which dropped twice, one immediately went into Treatchery for my Bowa.

Enough writing for now, I'll post readouts after the end of tournament in IFT that will surely follow. :)

Good luck to those who are still running. 👍

20 hours done. Nothing happened in the last 2,5 hours. Not a surprise, it would be ungrateful to expect even better score, on my very first tournament. Very happy overall. And 30 minutes before the end I got 295% Ribby, and a almost perfect Vampire Gaze, on the same run.

On the dark side: I hate Cleglaw's Teeth....very much...got his entire jaws, and then some..

Good luck all. :)

Done with Blizzy. Wish I could have broken 1600 runs, but oh well. I'll be glad to have a slower pace with the barb. Speaking of runs: most in an hour was 86 (the last hour), least was 70 (the first hour); fastest run was 26.200.

Almost my entire top five dropped in the first half of the runs, which is the opposite of what normally happens for me in competitions. Ending was completely dry, though, had a nice streak with nice drop in consecutive runs and an increase in score in hour 19.

So, to recap: did almost 1600 runs, found two grailers, found an Ist, picked up a lot of nice items (including a few upgrades on previous stock (e.g, 292% Ribby) and got over 15,000 AT runs all-time. I'd call that a pretty good 20 hours worth of work.

Like San, my second entrant won't be looking to be competitive, mostly just looking for experience and testing how he can do as a pit runner. Wouldn't turn down a grailer, though.

Good luck to those still running. I'm especially interested to see how many runs bassano can do.

@nirolo: I assume I was seeing all your blue unearthed wands, because I saw an incredible amount of them this time around. Can't remember ever seeing so many of the blasted things. There were so many it was actually starting to really aggravate me by the end.

another hour and a half, another few qualifiers- unexpectedly, a pretty decent score increase. I'm pretty well aware, though, that I'm not gonna get in the top ten even without finding something big, considering the number of entries and the number of runs that we have in this tourney.

Just a note- I think I have the best AT map evar. The entrance is one tele from the WP, and the map is set up so that I can get pretty consistent runtimes of 60-70 seconds while almost always seeing 7 or more bosspacks.

Edited to show Maareek's update. Also- yeah, I have seen a good few blue unearthed wands. I've actually shouted at my screen a time or two because of it :rolleyes:

maareek: Yeah, that was the case for my first set too. My score is almost entirely from the first 8 hours or so. :p. Congratulations on getting over 15,000 runs. That's just crazy. Oh, and I'm not going to lose to you in the run total department. :D.

Found a nice map for my new AT runner, cutting my run times significantly just by having the door be much closer to the waypoint. As for my Pits runner, I'm thinking of retiring her for good, so I pulled her out despite her two hours already. Hope that's okay. :).

EDIT: One more level means 1 more MF. :p.

NagisaFurukawa said:
maareek: Oh, and I'm not going to lose to you in the run total department. :D.

If you can keep up just under 82 runs per hour, then more power to you. ;) I probably could run faster than I did, but I'd need to space the 20 hours out more to rest my fingers and I didn't have that kind of time left, but I'm happy with my final count. Of course, it won't matter if you beat my number of runs when we see that your top 5 is just 4 IK mauls and a Windhammer. 👅

Decided on the barb's gear: normal killing gear except with Skullder's instead of Duress. Extra MF from 40% Gheeds, one Steel of Good Luck, 10MF on mana leech ring. Dual Ali Babas on switch with 51% Chance to hork. Finished up an hour, with one decent qualifier and one junk.

Finally I have a full set of 5 qualifiers, so I might just avoid running last. ;)

Finished Igor.

Edit: Igor made level 95, so his primary goal (to get that last level) was accomplished. And he found Tyrael's Might too, so my tournament goal (a grailer or a HR) was also accomplished.

So the tournament was already a big success for me.

But I must say the most awesome part - by far - was the fun during in the mad, desperate rush trying to get him a 5th qualifier during his last available 17 minutes. I literally couldn't stop giggling through the whole timeframe (which might've affected his run times by a few seconds :D).

The first two qualifiers dropped quite early on (during the same run!), probably near the 3-4 hour mark. The third dropped around the 18.5 hour mark, shortly before he leveled up (and the 3rd item was a decent-scoring item too). At that point I knew that if I didn't die in those last few levelup runs, Igor would have a chance at actually having a Top 5. After finding a non-qualifier Tyraels and making his level-up goal, that would've been "the cherry on my sundae".

Fortunately, he didn't die in that last stretch to level 95, and he managed to save 69 minutes for the last push for thoose two final qualifiers. So I boosted him up with 250 MF and started just WSK2 runs with him, trying to learn as I went (I did knock my times down by ~35%). He got his 4th qualifier at the 19:43 mark. It also was a fairly decent-scoring item. At that point I was thinking:

"... :scratchchin:... if I get one high-scoring item now, I might actually have a shot at the top 10 in the tournament standings."

Considering the fact that I spent about 94% of his time running with 0% MF and he'd already discounted a Tyrael's Might (and more) from his finds, that would've been somewhat funny/ironic. :D But of course, I would've gladly jumped for joy if an IK Stone Crusher had dropped too, just so I could have a Top 5 for him.

However, it never hurts to set your goals high, and it's obvious luck is a big factor in this type of tournament, and Igor has plenty of it, so there was hope for something special to finish it off. On the 2nd last run - at the 19:59 mark - this dropped.

Alas, that was as close as Igor got to that final "something special"... or to finding a 5th qualifier... or to taking a shot at the top 10 in the standings. :p

Still, the desperate pursuit at the end for a fifth qualifier was a lot of fun. And even though he ultimately failed in this final, small regard, the entire journey still feels like a complete victory. :)

RL has made me a busy man, so I`ve not been able to play as much as I wanted to. I`m not at my playing computer, so I am a bit unsure about my run times, but I vaguely remember 2:10. I`ll update number of runs in my next update.

Qualifiers have been quite awful, but at least I have gotten a couple of grailers. No green Ogre Mauls so far, so I know what`s waiting for me in the last five hours:)

Hit half way point. Am now getting a bit bored of running the pits, so I'll leave it until Monday.

Besides, friday night is pub night, and I've learnt my lesson about playing HC after a couple of :guiness:. Cheers!

nirolo said:

Wand

Could it be photoshop? :rolleyes:

A little over 14 hours clocked in. Just kicked out a gut siphon out of my top 5. 5 and a half hours and im gone. Not expecting any real improvements.

@Albatross: That table is horribly out of date by now, you've managed to miss over a full page of updates. Please fix before people start quoting yours and things get really bonkers, thanks.

Edit: too late, just a minute and I'll do it.

BTW: Big congrats on getting Igor to 95, poops! That'll be a huge time saver on your gambling project. Too bad about not getting a fifth qualifier, though.

I don't see how gambling with the goldfinder would save time/be convenient; don't you have your inventory full of GF charms? Are you planning on muling off the charms every time you gamble? That seems wildly ineffective to me. Not to mention having an Edge in the stash, plus you'd have to have a 15% Gheed's with good GF on top of that (which you of course might have :))

Sorry for OT.

mareek: thanks to repair table

@Albatross: please be attent when you are quote table beacuse I do not know how is it possible that you missed full page of posts made during many hours :)

Off-topic, @Fabian: You don't have to mule off gold. You could keep the Edge/15% Gheeds (if necessary) in a special stash so you can retrieve it ASAP. Plan: fill up inventory with gold (should be ~3.4 mill max at 95), dump whatever item finds, put GF charms in in-game stash, mule on Edge + Gheed's, gamble, mule off. 3.4 million won't buy you enough stuff to fill up your inventory and/or in-game stash unless you don't sell stuff back so you should have plenty of room. Then clear things out and mule back on your GF gheed's (if necessary) and weapons (if necessary) and run some more.

I don't know how you guys do it, but I only mule gold over to my lvl 96 char for gambling when I have a bunch of it, so having the GF'er able to do the gambling as well would make it much more convenient. And since poops is aiming to gamble 1 billion gold, I think it's probably more convenient for him, as well.

@Albatross: I do not know how is it possible that you missed full page of posts made during many hours :)

He was busy setting up that screenshot in Photoshop, and probably not too good at it, since he needed that much time. :D

I got first to thirteen qualifiers after thirteen hours, but now it has improved even a bit more. One of the two grailers I found so far has even been pushed out of my top five.

On another note: do ethereal (but not always ethereal) items count? (both the ethereal items I just found did not make my top five anyway, but it might be good to know)

Updating the table with a line separating the completed 20 hours and those who've got some running yet. For me... a couple of qualifiers here and there, but nothing earth shattering. I don't expect to be up there given I'm running a /p8. Some really nice non-qualifiers, so at minimum I'm a very happy camper!

Non Qualifiers: BKWB (from a pot!), +3/-5 Cold level up Rainbow Facet (from the sparkly chest), Graverobber's Grand Charm of Vita (40) 👍

Fabian said:
I don't see how gambling with the goldfinder would save time/be convenient; don't you have your inventory full of GF charms? Are you planning on muling off the charms every time you gamble? That seems wildly ineffective to me. Not to mention having an Edge in the stash, plus you'd have to have a 15% Gheed's with good GF on top of that (which you of course might have :))

Sorry for OT.

I keep the Edge bow in my stash and just swap it with my weapons when it's time to gamble. I also keep a 2x4 space empty in my inventory, since there are pretty routine decent drops from the council (I'm keeping a list, and at ~420M of my 1B, it's pretty impressive) and moving stuff around mid-run wastes time. It doesn't take long to fill that space when gambling, but it doesn't take long to sell 99% of it back to Alkor either. Any keepers I gamble just get dropped on the ground temporarily and picked back up when I run out of gold. Even if I wanted to have an inventory full of charms it would only take a couple of seconds to stick a few charms (not all of them) in my stash when it's time to gamble.

All in all, the transition from GF-running to gambling (and back) takes me about 2-3 seconds - much quicker than muling in ATMA. Plus it adds a little more variety to the process, as gambling for hours on end gets quite boring. This way I GF for about 10-15 minutes until my inventory's full, then I gamble it away in ~5 minutes, without having to mule anything. 2 or 3 cycles of this and I've had my fill for GF running/gambling for that D2 session.

And I started with a near-"perfect" Gheeds. 15vendors / 159 GF / 20 MF (d'oh). ;) Recently I was able to trade a 15/158/35 Gheeds.

So sorry for that guys, I've reopened the thread into another tab and failed to realize it wasn't the last page of the thread and copied it into my replay.. Will be more careful in the future.

Completion.

Went from level 93 to 95 and collected quite a few qualifiers. My score after 2.5 hours was very solid, but I didn't find anything spectacular so my final score is still solid, but only about 20% higher than after 2.5 hours.

My final MF% stayed the same after hitting 95 as I picked up a nice 10% Lighting resist / 6% MF small charm during the tournament that replaced a 7% MFSC. :crazyeyes:

I found 5 grail items in this tournament - 4 qualifiers and one Torch of Iro. 😉

Wall of shame: (AKA Tc3's)
Code:
Torch of Iro
Wand
One-Hand Damage: 2 to 4
Durability: 13 of 15
Required Level: 5
Staff Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x356a5497
+10 to Energy
Regenerate Mana 5%
Adds 5-9 fire damage
6% Life stolen per hit
+1 to Necromancer Skill Levels
+3 to Light Radius
150% Damage to Undead

Biggin's Bonnet
Cap
Defense: 17
Durability: 8 of 12
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x5e4ee5b2
+15 to Life
+15 to Mana
+30% Enhanced Damage
+30 to Attack Rating
+14 Defense

Felloak
Club
One-Hand Damage: 1 to 10
Durability: 21 of 24
Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xf1ddfb4f
+80% Enhanced Damage
Fire Resist +20%
Lightning Resist +60%
Adds 6-8 fire damage
Knockback
150% Damage to Undead

Vidala's Ambush
Leather Armor
Defense: 64
Durability: 12 of 24
Required Strength: 15
Required Level: 14
Fingerprint: 0xfe57592e
+11 to Dexterity
+50 Defense

Fire Resist +24%
+2 to Defense (Based on Character Level)

I may enter again with my pits poisonmancer that recently made it to hell and is on his way to 89 to wear his crafted amulet, but I highly doubt I will take another character to completion in this tournament.

Lost my map from accidentally clicking NM instead of Hell, and my run times took a shot because of it. Really have to pick up the pace a tad if I'm going to beat 1592. :p.

On a side note, at the risk of cursing myself, only one death so far I think. Almost 92 now as a result.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High