Area 85 MF tournament 2009 - Signups and Progress [by bassano]

Re: Area 85 MF tournament 2009

Finally started my runs, for now I am not so quick with cca 45 seconds for run but never mind , just one at least few interesting item I found :)

@bassano: Good to see you finally running! Very interested to see how many runs you can do.

@Nagisa: I had 780 after 10 hours, so I think you're in good shape. Sorry about the loss of map, though.

Thanks, finally I have some free time.
I think I am able to do about 1600-1650 :) . WIll be not even close to san number but 1600 should be enough for some nice drop.

I am withdrawing Sauron the "Pit necro" from the tourney. he simply isn't ready for timed runs yet. Which is why i can say, although he found 3 qualifers in almost 11 hours...one was G-man's Honor, my first (which means one more item in the post tourney give-away thread).
With that said. the new last name on the list will be the lvl 75 sorceress i just created. She's a hoss and she'll be running the AT...I just found a reapers there on my 2nd pass, sadly it won't be counted as a tourney item.
Good luck to everyone.
kefka

3h runing time brought me 6 qualifiers. 4 of those were my top5, and they doubled my points. And still 8 hours to increase it.
With items that I found I expect to get in top5 atleast. :whistling:

+4 hours for me, +8 qualifiers. The G5 started shaping up already.

20 hours done. Too bad I don't have time to get another char going, as I won't be home next week :/

Only one grailer, The Gnasher.

Just had a weird occurrence. Had been having a bit of a dry spell, then the static boss in Pits 2 dropped a nice unique qualifier. I horked the corpse and got a nice roll String of Ears. Was a nice little nugget while waiting for the next levelup.

@Jason Maher: Yes, if you find multiples of an item they can all count for your score.

5 hours done with quite no progress in drops but finally I did some quite fast runs during last hour so number 1600 runs is not impossible :)

Well, I had thought for a while there that my last five hours or so were going to be completely useless. However, right around the 19th hour, I found my final top five piece. I'll be a little surprised if I win with my score, but I think I have a really good shot at being in the top five now.

I really, really doubt I'm going to get my poisoner in shape in time to do any seriuos runs , but I'll try my best.

Edit: Results have been emailed, bassano. Can't wait to see how I stacked up for my first MF tourney here.

Just Updating the table since I have now started, also have changed character I am using with bassano's permission via PM.

I must say that ES is far more effective than I expected having never used it before!

Good luck to those remaining and Sorry to those who've already finished'cause I'm gonna win this one 😉.

Joosh 👍

Taking a break tomorrow probably, or at least not more runs at this pace. This isn't MFO after all. :p.

Couple people projecting themselves in top 5 already? :p. Can't wait to see what they have. As for me, I'm still repaying the debts from that rune. :D.

EDIT: 1 more level means 2 more MF this time. :D.

edit: oh yeah, update: I'm taking a breather before returning to Athena's 2nd half. In a day or three...

NagisaFurukawa said:
Couple people projecting themselves in top 5 already? :p.

Yeah, it's definitely interesting.

I've kept an eye on 'this years vs. last years' results to see how competitive I am/will-be. Last year: 50+ points was Top 10, and 60+ points was Top5. However...

Last year there were 16 people that put in the full 20 hours with a character. This year there have already been 18 people that've reached that point, and I think it's safe to predict another ~10-15 to pile on before the deadline, almost doubling last years total... That's a lot of folks doing a lot of MF runs, and (a lot of) luck is going to strike somewhere in there.

So now I'm guessing the Top 10 mark (this year) will be near 55 points, and Top 5 will be near 65 points. Both of those are very respectable scores, and as much as I'd like a Top5 finish with either character, I think a Top10 is ambitious enough on its own.

(sidenote: If Igor's Tyrael's had counted, I think I would be fully justified in projecting a Top 3 finish for him. Actually, considering I had a few other Baal drops worth nice points (Earth Shifer, a couple of unique TC84's, plus the qualifiers he did find, etc), I think first place would be a fair expectaion if all of them counted) :D.

NagisaFurukawa said:
Can't wait to see what they have.

amen.

NagisaFurukawa said:
As for me, I'm still repaying the debts from that rune. :D.

Trade you for a non-qualifier Tyraels? ;) / :D

NagisaFurukawa said:
Couple people projecting themselves in top 5 already? :p.

You know, I would have thought the most recent MFO would have sent a message about that, but I guess not.

20 hours of running isn't all that much for these targets, so expecting much predictability out of these runs doesn't seem wise to me. Past performance not indicative of future results, and all that. Anybody, or several people, could have hit hot streaks and made last year's results look sad. And if Tyrael decided to poke his head out (and he's seemed wont to do so this year) who knows how things will shake out.

I'm also looking forward to seeing everyone's finds. Considering the number of runs and entrants, I'm expecting plenty of nice haul pics, and who doesn't love haul pics?

Only update so far is Gib has reached level 91. I'll probably get another hour in before bed, then I'll update the table.

Sent my list to bassano. A pretty nice list, too. Thanks to bassano for organizing the tour, and everyone else for keeping my motivation high.

I think I did more AT runs in this tournament, than in all my previous games. Also I learned a whole lot about running, MF, equipment....Great experience.

Too bad I didn't get any runes worth mentioning. I did get a Lem yesterday in ~20 runs, which is better than the entire tournament worth of rune drops.

@sirpoopsalot

I think you're being optimistic about the top list requirements.

Based on the current run list, there will be over 40 people finishing complete 20h. And most are running AT with Blizzardresses. My projection is 70+ points for top5, and 75-80 for victory (if Tyrael's doesn't drop).

I recieved several final score list and it is really nice to see battle for 1st place beacuse for now 5 players with best score are very close to each other and drops are very nice :)

nirolo said:
@sirpoopsalot

I think you're being optimistic about the top list requirements.

Based on the current run list, there will be over 40 people finishing complete 20h. And most are running AT with Blizzardresses. My projection is 70+ points for top5, and 75-80 for victory (if Tyrael's doesn't drop).

I don't know. Sure there are more people finishing but the item values haven't gone up any. I figure if you find 5 TC87 uniques, you're most likely somewhere between 46-55 points and that would be a very showing.

If you get really lucky and find one of the "higher" scoring items, that will add anywhere from 5-25 points (excluding Tyreals).

I wouldn't be surprised if the winner goes over 70 points but I'd expect the top 10 and top 5 to be pretty much in line with what happened last time but maybe a point or two higher.

Based on Bassano's last statement, I guess I'm right.

I know my score with over 1k runs, and already several people have done 50% more. In addition, Frozzzen is looking strong, bassano is just getting warmed up, and some people with lower run counts should get lucky, too. It's gonna be one hell of a bunch of grailers here. :)

I have finished running now, working in Scotland next week, so no more time to run another Barbarian.
The RoF was luckier than the pits and the disaster in the AT's. So my highest score will come from the lowest amount of MF and least number of qualifiers.

Really looking forward to seeing all the results, even if Berserus does come last. the other two have done ok.

Thanks again to Bassano for running this and good luck to all those still running.

Woohoo, done! :guiness: Haven't done any runs with my Fishymancer before this, so it was a learning experience. Good thing was all the odd/tough monster spawns in the WSK keep things lively (probably an understatement). Died a few times (I blame Souls), but nothing terrible and since my character is only in the late 80s, no real loss of experience.

Overall it was slim pickings for my top 5, definitely not competing for the top 20. Most likely had to do with the low number of runs I did, since I was averaging one every 15 minutes. But that did allow me to walk through all of levels 2 and 3, and I do mean all without backtracking. Got two grailers, so I'm satisfied.

Now just waiting on EmperorMoo to finish up so we can compare Fishy notes. :coffee:

Finaly I found IK maul. I tought that they are runing away from me :p

I see that some people are making score tables already so I'll add my 2c.
From where I see no1 will have three digit score even with no Tyrael's droping. There is realy ton of people and charachters and results are going to be jawdroping, like last MFO. For top 5 +80 points methinks.

No increase in points from last raport :(

frozzzen said:
I see that some people are making score tables already so I'll add my 2c.
From where I see no1 will have three digit score even with no Tyrael's droping. There is realy ton of people and charachters and results are going to be jawdroping, like last MFO. For top 5 +80 points methinks.

Between this and your previous comments, you must have a very nice set of finds. :).

I will not lie though. Both my runners got three digit scores, so I am not so sure where your first comment is coming from.

...wait, we are not counting decimals? *hides*

I will update table later (either by edit or new post) when I finish up final half hour. I finally got one item I was looking for during entire tournament though. My very first one. :).

EDIT: Maybe it is important to mention that I mean my first since restart few months ago. :p. Still, my Flavie looks much better now, since at one point it had 0x Oculus and 2x Fathom. :D.

The Oculus
Swirling Crystal
One-Hand Damage: 18 to 42
Durability: 38 of 50
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 42
Orb Class - Slow Attack Speed
Unidentified
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0xa43e4667
+20 to Energy
+20 to Vitality
+20% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +20
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+3 to Sorceress Skill Levels
30% Faster Cast Rate
+5 to Mana After Each Kill
25% Chance to cast Level 1 Teleport when struck

Time update, run total is an estimate as I'm not at PC with Run counter, 20 qualifiers, nothing to write home about. Finally got a level, running p3 rest of the way to speed up the runs. Tourney is shaping up nicely, good running everyone!

Finished! After 20 hours and approx. 200 runs, I found 12 Qualifiers in total, which considering I'd found 1 after 12 hours, is not too bad. Yes, I know 200 runs (average 6:00) is rubbish for AT, but I was a Druid with no teleport, and I couldn't shake my pack-rat ways even for a speed-based tournament. Not complaining about the results though. When you add in the Shako and Tal Rasha's armour I found just before the tournament started, the whole exercise was a rather productive one.

I don't know if I'll bother running the pits with my Zon or not. I know I won't get 20 hours done, but we'll see. I know she's keen to get her hands on one of the Windy's qualifiers. ;)

Now I don't know if we're sharing scores and such yet, but I can share this rather interesting find from one of my last runs, which for me was a grailer (yes, you read that right):

Isenhart's Case
Breast Plate
Defense: 106
Durability: 45 of 50
Required Strength: 30
Required Level: 8
Fingerprint: 0xb23bdcc0
+40 Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 2

***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
+2 to Defense (Based on Character Level)
***Partial Set Item Bonuses***

I just did half of my runs and I am satisfied with my speed beacuse for now I am 5 runs ahead of my plain :). Qualifiers are really terrible but at least I found some nice drop to my stashes. My 2nd best in my D2 career :)

Darn. Missed the benchmark. :(. I even "rolled" a faster map (read: clicked NM again) just to pick up the pace. Anyway, I still haven’t found any of the six TC87s I set out to find at beginning, so I’m considering doing some more runs over the weekend, at least until one of them [hopefully] drops.

Best of luck to those still running, and a big thanks to bassano for holding this tournament. I'm eagerly awaiting to see if I can crack the top 30. :D.

EDIT: Somehow missed that one. Nice find there, bassano. :).

Nice rune, bassano.

I was thinking this lasts an entire month. Instead it ends in less than 6 days. I guess it's time to get back on the horse and knock out those last 10 hours... update coming in the next day or 3.

Well, I've decided to try to drown my sorrows in D2 for the next few days, so I guess my poisoner might finish (well, start and finish) in the next few days here. He's only like lvl 67 at the moment, so his runs will be slower than they need to be, but at least I'll have a shot at some more cool finds.

Quick rules clarification: If I'm running the Pit, I get to do pit 1 and 2 right? I need to know, so that I know whether I want to reroll my map or not.

Also: gieb HR luxx plz!

@scottee: Yes, both pit 1 and 2. Pit 2 is a fixed map. Chest qualifiers don't count, though, just to be sure.

@Nagisa: So close! I'm afraid I can't feel bad about someone who found a Jah saying they've had bad luck, though. ;p

sirpoopsalot said:
Nice rune, bassano.

I was thinking this lasts an entire month. Instead it ends in less than 6 days. I guess it's time to get back on the horse and knock out those last 10 hours... update coming in the next day or 3.

Me too. I've only done another 30 mins in the past 3 days, so I still have 9.5 hrs to go. Being honest, that's just not going to happen - we've got ante-natal classes tonight, out for dinner tomorrow, etc, etc - but I'm hoping to at least break the 15hr mark.

@Mursilis: It'll be interesting to compare notes: I've got my fishy down to 5mins for a full clear pit-run from nearly 10mins when I first started.

Finished the runs of my hammerdin. I`m quite pleased with my run times as they are not that much worse than Pyrohemia`s even though I can`t teleport. Still, the difference is big enough and I`ve had multiple NDEs playing the way I did.

I`ve decided to withdraw my Barbarian (it`s not that fun to play him without the friendly competition from RIP), and I`ve entered my Blizz sorc instead. I`ll have plenty of time this weekend, so it shouldn`t be a problem to run 20 hours with her.
Finished the first characer yesterday. I'll try to do a few hours with my summon necro in the WSK as well, but won't add him to the table unless I do at least ~10 hours.

I had some spare time at work today, so I ran the pits for ~40 mins, and got 3 qualifiers in that time. I've absolutely no idea about how many runs I've done, as I'm timing myself using a stopwatch, and have half an eye on the door in case the boss walks in - for some reason, he doesn't understand how spending work time running the pits is productive, which goes to show he's never been looking for "l33t itamz" in a restricted timeframe...

Thomh said:
I`ve decided to withdraw my Barbarian (it`s not that fun to play him without the friendly competition from RIP)...

That was NOT my intention, sorry Thomh
Actualy, i was really looking to small competition with You during this tourney, but i simply can't continue after i've lost my sorc...Sorry...

Anyway, i've used my free time for some serious Pindle running, i want to show up results when Grom reaches lvl 95...

GL with Your sorc 👍

Enough OT...

I know there's no excuse for a slow running sorc but my gf's compie died, normally not an issue, but my 6 chillings gcs were on it (along with some other "must recover" items). so my chiquita only deals lvl 34 blizzard at roughly 5k dmg. not 7-9k like i'd prefer. I really would like a fathom and a nightwings from this tourney, i've gotten just about everything else.
Best of luck in these last 120 hours.
kefka

Trying to fill up as many of the hours as I can before the deadline. Both characters get a time update, but there's nothing to report item- or score-wise.

edit: Oh yeah. The yellow scourges, druid pelts, necro heads, and caducei are highly discouraging. :D

Today was nice. Had a Pul drop as well as a useful qualifier with quite the nice roll.

This about sums up my luck since I resumed with Athena:

Bitter Cloak
Lacquered Plate
Defense: 527
Durability: 165 of 165
Required Strength: 208
Required Level: 62
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0xcc456059
+8 to Strength
Poison Length Reduced by 25%
Repairs 1 durability in 33 seconds

... lots of interesting base types, and lots of S/U rolls, but nothing remotely worthwhile has dropped so far.

BTW, I think this qualifies me for the 'most useless rare item found' category.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, what happened was this:

A couple of over-enthusiastic skeletons ran up to a FE devilkin, and bashed him good, resulting in a death so quick (I had 1100 hp at the time) that I couldn't even see the rest of his mods. Instant deeds (always seems to be the way in HC for me)

I'm a bit shocked at the speed of the death, but on the whole not unhappy (as this char was my first Guardian and was going to be retired after this tournament) as I was treating this guy as expendable. Fortunately, this char was full of low-grade, easily replaced MF stuff, such as 4xPtopaz armour and diadem, MF amulet and rings. Fortunately, I had been religiously muling off equipment every 2-3 runs, so i didn't lose any of my finds.

Many thanks to bassano for organising this, and to Mursilis for the friendly competition that inspired me to keep running. GL to all still running, and gratz to all who've finished.

Suggestions I would make to anyone considering using a fishy to run the pits:

1) Don't. It takes a good 20-30s to gather your army, time much better spent elsewhere. I tried several techniques, including:
Pindle's garden (has the bonus of allowing you to kill Pindle, if you can be bothered)
Gather on route
Gather when in the pits. <-- This was the best, and quickest. You're actively MFing from the start

2) Beware the wandering merc. He often went off stirring up trouble, and returned with a crowd of happy little followers.

3) Bottlenecks happen where tunnels get narrow. Great for CE, rubbish for first kill.

The only sad equipment loss was this:

Code:
Andariel's Visage
Demonhead
Defense: 364
Durability: 11 of 20
Required Strength: 102
Required Level: 83
Fingerprint: 0x2746d861
+29 to Strength
+135% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist -30%
Poison Resist +70%
+10% to Maximum Poison Resist
9% Life stolen per hit
20% Increased Attack Speed
+2 to All Skill Levels
15% Chance to cast Level 15 Poison Nova when struck
Level 3 Venom (16/20 Charges)

Sorry to hear about your loss, but I'm glad you've taken it well.

Unless I'm wrong (which happens often... :rolleyes:) I don't think there's any reason why you can't still send your results to bassano. I doubt your score will be the winner, but it's good form to make it known you were involved in the tournament by having a final (very final) score displayed in the results thread. ...So maybe you should take down your qualifiers...?

That's a very good point. I'll edit the post now.

edit: is done.

This tournament has become quite the disaster for the HC players. Good thing you`re taking it well.

I ran AT for 5 hours yesterday and so far it`s been a huge disappointment. My Full Rejuv stash ig getting smaller every minute and my run times are quite awful. The qualifiers have been equally disappointing with 7 and top 5 worth less than 10 points. Still, plenty of time to fix that:) The real problem is the number of NDEs considering the wealth I have put on this babe:(

@Thomh, TRM: That's the thing with HC, you have to be prepared to lose characters/items with no warning at all. There's no good to be had getting upset if you lose stuff, it's the nature of the beast (particularly no-warning deaths).

It's the sudden moments when you find yourself in an 'argh-no-no-no-juve-juve-juve-[swear-swear-swear]' that make HC the experience it is, and I wouldn't change it at all.

Also, at the end of the day, D2 is only a game, and the time I find myself getting upset about the way something happens in a video game is the time to stop playing.

Hehe, well I've managed exactly one hour of runs in the last day here. There is no way whatsoever that I'm going to finish with my second character, so I'm going to withdraw him from the tourney for now and focus on finishing questing him- that oughta speed up the run times quite a bit anyway. GL to all those who are still running, and sorry for your loss Mooooooooo!
EmperorMoo said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Argh, a curse on FE fallen everywhere! I'm so sorry to hear about the deeds. :weep: Were I HC I too would have fallen as well, you would have outlasted me by a good couple of hundred runs.

To be honest I was suprised you picked a Fishy to run such a narrow area like the Pits. I always thought they worked out much better in open areas where you could get the whole army involved each fight. Granted those open areas tend to be a tad more dangerous but that's the trade off.

I'm glad to hear you didn't lose anything really valuable, and that you are taking the loss so well. Can't say I've taken a HC loss that well yet. :whistling:

The reason I took the fishy was that he was the only char I had who has got as far as Hell after a restart. My next highest level char is a lvl49 Blizzsorc. All the rest are parked in Normal at the minute. Looks like they'll be moving on again in the next few days...

Sorry for the hc losses.

I finished my Snowstorm runs. All in all I'm not unsatisfied, though I'd hoped for more rare qualifiers and grailers and especially higher runes (the highest was a io). Snowstorm managed to find a third grailer in the last hour and in the last half an hour to reach level 93 and find another top five item, pushing the score a few places higher on last years scorelist. Still, I guess I'll be somewhere in the bottom half. This tourney increased my perfect grail scores to 77.36% (real) and 21.01% (ethereal), while finding also two ethereal grailers.

I got 3+ hours in with the Bowazon today. Found a small handful of qualifiers, managed to increase my score a little, and also found my sixth (!) grailer (-40, or 92% complete...). It's a chore to do all these runs, but it's all for the love of the game and the SPF!!

I did another 4 hours today and for now I have really terrible statistic. Ohm drop was unique interesting moment during that 14 hours. I hope that last 6 will bring me at least some surprise. :)

Got started on my Pit Strafer. A couple of hours done, quite a number of normal and exceptional uniques, and 1 qualifier (plus another one last night form outside the Pits when I was re-rolling the map). I got lucky with the map rather quickly: Black Marsh WP is right next to the exit to the Tamoe Highland, and the Pit map itself is linear: no branches, no circuits. I honestly think I could get used to this. My windy found a Windforce (the item I said I was very happy about finding), which went straight on my Strafer. With a Might merc, and the fact she is a dexazon (no vitality), everything in the Pit falls like flies. Might be a bit different on p8, but I'm not sure that would be a good idea considering my current life with MF gear on is 490. If I ever find a Lo and can thus build a Fortitude armour, I might be willing to try p8 runs. I drool just thinking about Windforce + Fortitude + lots of dex + level 20 Strafe/GA. Hopefully it happens one day. :)

Update: Still nothing much going. I've managed to push up my score by 1.9 points in the last 6+ hours... not exactly stunning progress, as there was/is plenty of room for improvement. Best finds lately are a Trainer's skiller of Vita (36), an eth Thresher (haven't cubed it yet) and a Fal rune. And that opinion of "best" includes qualifiers. :p

I should finish tomorrow or Friday, which I'm looking forward to; I'm sick of MF runs again.

No guarantees on finishing the full 20 hours, but I'm still very hungry for a certain TC87, which a certain person no more than two posts above of me happened to find (looks like he got the last laugh, at least for now).

On a side note, just one of today's runs by itself, depressingly enough, provided exactly 0.1 more points than my first runner managed to accumulate for her entire twenty hours. No more details for now, except that it wasn't just one particular item (no need for excitement).

Lastly, a nice non-qualifier.

Arch-Angel's Circlet of Life Everlasting
Defense: 26
Durability: 27 of 35
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x2573f871
Damage Reduced by 23
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels

Sounds like I'm not the only one having a not so great day of runs. Skeleton bosspacks/champs galore, many of which I just skipped (mana burn, cursed skellies with no leechables around? Not worth it) and not really any mentionable finds other than another Ko rune. On the plus side, Gib hit 92, which is where he'll finish up at. Started at 89, though, so I'm pleased with that.

Finished running with my necro. That should help up the pits average qualifiers a bit. Not really sure of my score, I haven't looked at a score sheet in months.

Reached 13 hours. 7 to go.

In the meanwhile, the inevitable happened. I misclicked ''Nightmare'' instead of ''Hell''. It's a personal record for me, playing a character for 9 hours total without accidentally losing the map :crazyeyes:

Just finished my runs. Just over 500 runs, im running too slow. 38 qualifiers, a few were doubles IK Forge, for example. I think i got two TC87s throughout the tourney. I got two grailers towards the end.

Finished finaly. Last 5 hours increased my score by 1.1 point.
Highest rune was Dol, ( :( ) score is preety good, but in the end it all comes to one item. Death Cleaver was not found ( I was realy hoping that one would drop but better luck next time... ) but results are promising. Still hoping for top5 :)
I'll send my list to bassano soon.

PS: I need time machine for rent to speed up days till results :p
GL all in remaining runs :)

Less then 3 days to end of competition

I want remember that even if you are not finished your 20 hours you can send your final score
And I hope that all players in table will send me their final score :)
god luck to last week-end
bassano

Left a green CB on the ground by accident. If memory serves, it's not particularly high scoring, but I'm still a tad unhappy about it. *shrug* All I know for sure is that my TC87 count would've welcomed the help. :p.

I must agree with frozzzen about results though. Hopefully the scores come in with no problem, so Monday morning can be very exciting. :).

Finished with Athena. Thank god. :p

Got my highest scoring qualifier in the last ~15 minutes, which was nice because my score had only gone up 1.9 points since the 10 hour mark. However, that last item gave me a pretty good bump. I also (finally) got a highly desirable and highly useful item with a very nice roll (Tyrael's doesn't count). It's a qualifier, but not not a high-scoring one - not that I care too much about that.

As for close-calls, I had a unique flail drop from one boss, followed by a blue hydra bow from the next boss, and a unique poignard from the 3rd consecutive pack - if only those orders had been somehow different. Also had a two bosses side-by-side die at about the same time, with one dropping a blue scourge and the other dropping a unique Great Maul.

I'm very much looking forward to the final results and standings, as I'm curious to see how I'll stack up. I know it won't be the winner (by a large margin), but my score's at least respectable. After seeing everyone's guesses about where the Top5-line will be... it should be interesting. :)

Good luck to those that are still running.

edit2: @bassano, email sent with my final results and my contribution to the prizes.

Today's runs have been disgusting. No qualifiers, barely any S/Us, tons of ugly mods, especially on skeletons, who were in abundance, and I swear if I see another blue unearthed wand I'm going to have a Samuel L. Jackson moment. Also had my first death in ~15 hours, when the barb got stuck whirling in place and the escape button decided not to work. Fun times.

Wasn't all bad, though, as despite spitting in my face with a 13% ED Shadow Bow, it did give me this:

Sacred Rondache
Defense: 241
Chance to Block: 53%
Durability: 35 of 35
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 99
Required Level: 52
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x3eaf10cf
All Resistances +44
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

I'll, uh, wait a day or two to give it a go in the cube.

Just removing my barb, he's only ran for 3 hours in the Pits, didn't get any proper inspiration to run.

Done.. its was horrible, the last 5 hours took forever. I see others have had bad experiences too and some HC deaths, but still looking forward to see the results :)

In short, WSK is useless to run for MF, it doesn't come no where near AT, not even the Pits. If things where more like in old times where better stuff dropped later in the game that area would make sense, but..

I've tried some AT runs and, in all honesty, I got more S/U and half my WSK score in TWO hours there..

Shame so many barbs have withdrawn. Back from scotland and toying with the idea of running another barb. Cant let these sorceresses have all the glory. I know 80 hours is a lot( thyiad says I need to get a life) but it is tempting. Should I get the 'half arsed one' as Jae calls him, out?

@Mungo: assuming you can finish his runs in ~52 hours or so, I'd say go for it. Barring some insane drop in the last 3 hours, my barb surely won't be knocking any sorcs off the list.

For those who aren't familiar with Mungo the barbarian ...... Uber characters in th SPF? Never. :D

Thanks to Bassano, and some encouragement from Thyiad (who won't get as much furniture moved about this weekend as she had hoped) and Mareek , the 'half assed one' is in. My hope is to be top scoring Barb, and to find some nice Steelrends, and a Jah.

Removing my pit-runner from the list. I've only done 2 hours worth of runs with her because of lost interest and there's no way I can do the rest in two days.

Quick update, 3 hours to get 5 qualifiers, nothing outstanding but already beating Berserus by 6 points, some nice none Qualifiers include a 37/124/13 Gheeds 5% shimmering jewel and Lucky boreal small charm

I don't think I'll get through anoth 15 hours of runs in the next two days, but I'll see how far I can get. Found two more qualifiers, nothing to write home about, but I also found a Cold skiller and a Lightning skiller, which is useful considering I'm building a Nova sorc and a FO/CL sorc. ;)

Finished. Was planning on finishing up tomorrow but after finding my second (ever) Tal's amulet I felt like seeing if there was any more luck left in the bag. There was. Had a very nice qualifier drop in hour 19, which greatly offset only getting 2 qualifiers in the last 3 hours (plus a would-be qualifier [bonehew] from the chest). One more death, which really hurt since he was halfway to 93. On the plus side, he got in more runs than my poisonmancer did last year, and at p7 compared to the poisonmancer's p3.

I'm pleased with how well Gib did with the quality of his qualifiers. Quantity wasn't great, but since I was mostly running for experience with little MF (though there were minor increases in MF with each levelup) it's all gravy. Also had a big improvement in the "best hork" category.

Thanks to bassano and to all other for the competion, and good luck to all those still running in these last couple of days. Gotta say I'm glad to be done. I love a good MF competition, but I'm anxious to get to work on some different projects. Hopefully everyone can get in their results quickly so we'll have the results within a day or two of finish.

@Mungo: Much love to you:) 80 hours of barb running is pretty cool.

This will be busy weekend.

With FOrber running AT isn't the fastest possible (/p5), but I must say I'm content up to now (although rather with my leveling than score).

Halfway update, very pleased with qualifiers to run ratio, hope it stays the same for the second half.

I admire your dedication Mungo, I wish I had the same :)

I'm done....last place is a possibility, the last 2 comps have been tough, but I'll keep pushing along. Run total is approximate as I quit counting when I switched to P3. Milenko looks forward to getting his regular gear back on and running Baal some. He will likely get some MP games if I have a chance.

GG everyone, keep at it Mungo, try for 5 👍

I almost forgot I have a nice stash to show off in the results thread, it could be better than the Qualifiers!

I am just adding in my AT sorceress to this tournament. I started running her a couple of days ago to compare with my paladin because I was impatient for the results to go up. 👍
She has no hope of completion, but after only 3 hours she has surpassed my Paladin's score for the entire 20 hours.

I have never run AT at /p1 before but running fast like this seems to be paying off big time.

Ugh... finally after 10 days of not running, I finish up the 2 last hours i had.
Almost everything after the 12 hour mark was complete crap :/
Oh well, i got myself a few grailers which was my goal.

So how do i go about sending my score to bassano? ATMA readout of the top 5, of all, or something else?

I just sent my Top5 list & item scores & total scores in similar format to last years results thread:

sirpoopsalot, IgorHorkov: XX.X score

1. WhateverA (YY.Y)
2. WhateverB (ZZ)
etc.

... that way it should be easier for Bassano to keep everyone straight and organize/sort the results pretty quickly.

At last! Finished my 20 hours. :D

Nothing spectacular i must say, but i think i did good. If it was a jewelry contest, things might have been different.. (1 Metagrid 441/31, 2 Mara's 23-28, 2 Seraphim's, Cat's Eye) :whistling: and of course the usual crapload of Nokozans :)

Senting my G5 to bassano in a few moments.

I finally finished my 20 hours. Some improvement on the end but this 20 hours was really terrible for me. I know that my way to tyrael will be probably very long but I am waiting that will not be so empty of another drops as this tournament. At least Ohm drop was nice satisfaction for me :) And I am also satisfied that I was able to hit my target 1600 runs. San was much better but still good for me

And btw. last 24 hours of tournament so gogo all :)

I haven't done any running since my last update, and I won't have any time until the close of the tournament so I'm done by default.

I'll be sending bassano my scores tomorrow when I get home. Hope it doesn't cause too big a delay for the results thread since I, too, am looking forward to seeing how well everyone did.

And Mungo... you're crazy. :D

15 hour update, last 5 hrs have been rubbish, my own fault for tempting fate at last update. Thanks for all the encouragement guys, and yes I must be mad. :jig:

Mungo: It's only been a bit over one full day, and you got in 15 hours?! Do your eyes not bleed?!?! :p.

I'm now at the 16 hour, 1206 run, 53 qualifier mark. I'm going to try to squeeze in some runs before the deadline, but rest assured the scores will be sent at least an hour in advance. While it seems like my quest for the golden Hydra Bow (among other things) will end in failure, the 56 hours were still worthwhile, as I managed to pick up a nice item or two, not to mention over 100 grailers :)p).

Good luck insane barbarian lover, and others. :).

I doubt I will make it past 8 hours with this character before the deadline. :girly:

I also found this very cool non-qualifier axe:
Code:
Loath Barb
Glorious Axe
Two-Hand Damage: 261 to 540
Durability: 26 of 50
Required Dexterity: 55
Required Strength: 164
Required Level: 66
Axe Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x8474da70
+2 to Strength
+336% Enhanced Damage
+99 to Attack Rating
Adds 5-11 fire damage
40% Increased Attack Speed

Possibly a final update for me. I may or may not get a chance to run a couple of more hours before the deadline.

Finds with my barb have improved a lot, his score at this rate will definitely be better than my sorcs. Interestingly, all of his top5 so far have been found from horking (though I have no mf on switch for this purpose - probably a good idea to change this now lol). Will be gunning to the finish line tonight, hopefully I will make the full 20 hours. Good luck to everyone else making a last ditch leap for glory!

I'm calling it a day now. As you all know, I'm a lazy runner at the best of times and Blain doesn't seem to be the luckiest girl in the world so I don't have much incentive to run her further. The idea was to level her but I think that will be Pindle rather than areas. Then she'll go back to PvP.

Many thanks to Mungo for reminding me about 3 pieces of Tals before I started running. That bumped my MF from 282 to the 429 she actually ran at. Interestingly I think Atil did better with less MF in the Pentathon. Yep. Speed > MF who woulda thunk it.

Thanks for bassano for hosting this competition. 👍

I can't wait to see the full results. The sheer number of runers and their variety is really interesting. The hit less at high MF and the full clear trundlers with very little MF. It is especially fantastic to see such a high proportion finishing the full 20 hours. *shuffles awkwardly*

Well done to all who took part, and I admire the dedication of everyone who can run and run and run. Good luck to those finishing off the last few hours.

Scores will be enroute to you shortly, Bassano. It'll be a short email. :unimpressed: :D

NagisaFurukawa said:
Mungo: It's only been a bit over one full day, and you got in 15 hours?! Do your eyes not bleed?!?! :p.

Actually he did four hours Friday night after Bassano confirmed he could enter a fourth character. That was after a six hour drive home. So it's not quite as impressive as 15 hours in a day. It's still insane but not quite as much as you thought. :D

Rummski said:
GG everyone, keep at it Mungo, try for 5 👍

:banned03: I'll never get that furniture moved. :( Mind you, if he wasn't in Scotland last week, he probably would have done a fifth.:crazyeyes:

Yes.. done. Just finished running, it is 4:20AM here as I write this lol, lucky no uni tomorrow for me. Few notes before i hit the sack:

- Thanks to bassano again for hosting this tourney, lots of fun it is, my results will be sent when I wake up
- Highest rune with this char was Lum
- IK barb went from 89 to 91
- Having two bites at the cherry rules
- In fact, barbs rule, as you can see from mr. Arreat himself Mungo
- So, if I got convicted or amped playing my sorc, which was pretty much always, I would have to slow down and play carefully. Whereas not even curse ES might archers could stop this freight train (cept maybe mana burn skelys)
- Towards the end I may have possibly found, well, can I say it is an item perhaps relating to a certain celestial being...

Ok, glhf all Im off to the land of nod

Last half was dry, nevermind, scores on way to Bassano soon . Goodluck everyone, and a big thankyou to Bassano for running this, Im wacked now.

Mungo said:
Last half was dry, nevermind, scores on way to Bassano soon . Goodluck everyone, and a big thankyou to Bassano for running this, Im wacked now.

No , I thank you beacuse 4 char is really impressive number beacuse that means you did 4 hours/day average of running areas :)
Your exps must be nice now :)

Mungo, my first build with 2 maxed masteries lol and only 100 vitality gained half a level nearly 93 now, Inlore was patted using Insight, Lore and Myth,Lawbringer on switch and an Insight merc.I threw on thee bits of Tals set, and the usual max mf bits and a tomb reaver for this event, He went from ** to 91, building another Tals wwbarb now with more life so I can run ATs and Pindle.Berserus is 95 gained a couple of mm along the Exp bar, cookie cutter Ikbarb with Ininity merc was just an experiment (thanks Thyiad for the loan,Atil can have her stick back now). Iam-Overburdened has the eBotd GPA, Fortitude, 15K lcs ww, fortitude, eth reapers toll might merc, he is 96, was really looking for runes in Rof, Special chest map and Hephasto, no real exp gains, need to do Baal runs in MP as I aim to get to 99 with him.

Results finally sent. Sorry for delay. Didn't get to finish the full 20 hours, but I was just about sick of it anyway by end of 19th. :p.

Good luck to anyone still running in these final minute or two. :D.

Almost made it to 8 hours. 👋
I am going to keep running even though the tournament is over just to see what my 20 hour results would have looked like.

(Missed the 65% MF bonus from 3-piece Tal's the first time I totaled my MF%)

Results will be sent shortly.

OK time for running in tournament is over

Thanks to all players which completed their runs and even to players which was not able to do it and at least tried.
I will wait 48 hours to sent me all your results. If you did not completed 20 hours, you can sent me that results too without problems
Then on wednesday I will post final results.

Woot! 3 hours of MFing done, 4 qualifiers, no grailer! I'm ashamed, I really am...I'll try better next time :)

Thanks for hosting, bassano! 👋

EDIT: Final results sent

Machete said:
- Towards the end I may have possibly found, well, can I say it is an item perhaps relating to a certain celestial being...

Subtle. 😉

I finished a couple of days ago, but was too lazy to update:whistling:

What can I say. I`m pretty annoyed with myself for not getting to the 1K runs mark, but my first 10 hours is to blame for that. Low level and inexperience is not a great combination for fast runs.

Thanks to Bassano for hosting what is quite possibly the best tournament of the year and to all the runners.

Best non-qualifiers from my two runners:
Metalgrid, Highlord`s wrath, 5\4 Cold Facet, Lem rune, Superior Great Bow (4os, 12% ED), 4os eth Scourge and 5os eth cryptic axe (the last two were lucky cubes)

Edit: results sent to bassano

Finished (well not whole 20 hours, I'm ashamed :)), I sent the final results yesterday already.

What can I say. I'm content with my result although I bet I will be somewhere really down. Some highlights I will post later (like Harpoonist of Vita 37, Chilling of life, Mara's, Highlord's, Um).

Thanks bass for organising this tourney, gg MFing :).

At first I was thinking to be in this torunament and I tryed. But I din't have so much time that I wanted so I ende up with 2,34h. I found I think this was I nice worm up for me to the next tourny. And it was also a nice way to lv my charater.

Grtatz to the winner :smug:

Didn't quite make it to 20 hours (about 1 hour short). Final score wasn't great, but found a few neat things anyway.

Got it down to about 2.2 minutes per run at the end - not good I know, but with a Hydress what are you going to do? *chuckle*

I am calculating results and I still need some hour to do it
So I will post it later during night or tomorrow evening even with prizes :)

TheReadMenace said:
All shall be revealed... :D

Machete said:
Widowmaker?

bassano said:
I am calculating results and I still need some hour to do it
So I will post it later during night or tomorrow evening even with prizes :)
Yeah! I am so gonna win this! I know it! Can't wait for bassano to publish the results with me on top 😁

I just completed results but I need to complete prizes and I will post results on later evening :)

Did my 4 Tyrael`s and Stormlash hold up? I want to know.

bassano said:
I just completed results but I need to complete prizes and I will post results on later evening :)

Go go bassano, tell us the scores, who needs the prize anyway.

No, my 5 Tyrael's beat it.

edit: *linkitis*

Jason Maher said:
No, my 5 Tyrael's beat it.

edit: *linkitis*

That's why i kept my 6th Tyrael. In case of even scores :whistling:

You were going to throw it away otherwise?

I sold my 7th :whistling: They were boring :D

Tyrael's sept... :D

Last edited:
Code:
Player             Character       Class         MF  Time(h) Qualifier  Area    HC?    /p?     Run#
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mungo              Inlore          Barbarian 744/814    20:00     9     pits     No     p3      113
Kefka              Bellok_Hdin     Paladin       300    20:00    25       AT     No     P5      390
CorruptedMollusk   FrigidHotPants  Sorceress    ~550    20:00    32       AT     No     p3      445
San                Cheyenne        Sorceress     533    20:00    51       AT     No     p1     1702
Mungo              Berserus        Barbarian   411/566  20:00    17       AT     No     P3      215
Nagisa             Hayate          Sorceress     373    20:00    72       AT            p1     1517
Horseheadnebula    Sirius          Sorceress     459    20:00    22       AT     No     p1      411
nepeta             Miserere        Amazon        200+   20:00     5     Pits            p8        ?
Machete            Stormy          Sorceress     385    20:00    59       AT    Yes     p1     1185
Ohgrande           Blizz           Sorceress     577    20       56       AT     No     p1     1356
Kimppi             Kylmyys         Sorceress     477    20:00    80       AT     no     p1     1283
Chairnick          Gendale         Sorceress    ~400    20:00    39       AT     No     p1    ~1000
Nirolo             Khalla          Sorceress     454    20:00    47       AT     No     p1    ~1100
maareek            Blizzy          Sorceress     512    20       66       AT     No     p1     1592
poops              IgorHorkov      Barbarian     Zero   20        4      WSK     No     P1       ??
Pyrohemia          Maud-Dib        Paladin       426    20       63      Pit     No     p8      672
LD50               Lumi            Sorceress     550    20:00    51       AT     no     p1      902
scottee            Denver          Sorc         ~400    20:00    52       AT     No     p1        ?
Mungo              Iam Overburden  BotD Barb     104    20:00     8      Rof     No  p8/p5     ~200
potter             Ral_Tasha       Sorceress 449/524    20:00    38       AT     No     p1     ~600
Mursilis           Hades           Fishymancer   331    20:00     8      WSK     No     p1       80
Jason Maher        Wetherill       Druid       441/514  20:00    12       AT     No     p1     ~200
Nagisa             Reinforce       Sorceress     473    20:00    91       AT            p1     1582
Thomh              Mozzarella      Paladin   328/559    20       39      Pit    Yes  p7/p1      588
krovak             Hylinda         Sorceress     411    20       24       AT    yes     p1      692
Sir Lister Of Smeg Snowstorm       Sorceress 250/375    20       21       AT     No     p3     ~340
jjscud             Cyanide         Necro         327    20       43     Pits     No     P3      562   
Neck Romancer      Solarctica      Sorceress    ~400    20:00    38       AT     No     P1      532
frozzzen           CoTa            Sorceress    ~400    20:00    36       AT     No     p1    ~1200
poops              Athena          Sorceress     275    20:00    40       AT     No     p1     ~950
Albatross          Divinity        Sorceress     409    20:00     9      WSK     No     p1     ~110
maareek            GibCouncilGrief Barbarian 191/369    20       24     Pits     No     p7      354
Rummski            Milenko         Necromancer   315    20       22     Pits     No  p3/p5      165
bassano            Blizzardmaster  Sorceress     640    20:00    65       AT            p1     1602
iloco              Coraline        Sorceress     466    20       43       AT     No     p1        ?  
Machete            RideTheMaul     Barbarian     237    20:00    40      Pit    Yes     p1      576
Mungo              Mungo           IK Barb      ~350    20:00    20      Pit     No     p3     ~160 
Thomh              Brrrrbabe       Sorceress     440    20:00     43      AT    Yes     p1        993
Jabari             Hanhebi         Sorceress     338    19:10    32       AT     No     p1      468
sequana            Orion           Sorceress     321    18:30    33       AT     No     p5      421
EmperorMoo         Baronet(RIP)    Fishy         360    11.15     5       AT    yes     p3        ?
Thyiad             Blain           Sorceress     429     6:10     2       AT     No     p3/1   85ish
Nagisa             Ushio           Sorceress     486    19:00    69       AT            p1     1425

-----UNFINISHED------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRM                SclerosesReigns Sorceress     509    18:20    39       AT     no     p1      901
TRM                Meteoric_Fault  Amazon        285    12:59    19      Pit     no     p1      301

Jason Maher        Rhiannon        Amazon    290/425     8:02     3      Pit     No     p1       57
Friiser            PureBlizzard    Sorceress     707     7:44     6       AT     No     p8      ~75
Pyrohemia          Electra         Sorceress     574     7:57    32       AT     No     p1      593
Kefka              Zero_Cool       Sorceress    ~350     6       13       AT     No     P3      145
pwangsta           Andrea          Sorceress     553     3:10    12       AT     No     p1      144
Grisu              Langnese        Sorceress     595     3:00     4       AT    Yes     p1     ~150
Kassul             Sastrugi        Sorceress     448     2:58     4       AT     No     p1        0
GudModerOst        GMO             Sorceress     199     2:34     3       AT     No     p1        ?
Tubba              LookAboveYouMep Sorceress     304     1:07     7       AT     No     p1       35
Drizzy             Aerie           Sorceress     466     1        4       AT            p7       35
jjscud             Ragnarod        Paladin       221     1        0   CS/RoF     No     p7       25
Joosh              Priscilla       Sorceress    ~120     1:00     1   RoF/CS     No     p1        0 
scottee            LeBorgia        Necro         TBA     0        0     Pits     No     p1        0
Neksja             Cheeser         Paladin       521     0        0    Mauso     No     p8        0

JudgeDread         MC_Hammer       Paladin       395     0        0     Pits     No     p8        0
Jahgro             GraveRobber     Necromancer   400     0        0      WSK     No     p1        0
Caly               DairyQueen      Sorceress     TBA     0        0       AT     No     p1        0
DX                 Multizon        Amazon        430     0        0      PIT

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High