D2 Are the fights and skills realistic, for fantasy?

d2lover

Guide Author
Oct 8, 2019
One skill makes me wonder, Smite, the hero makes a fowardmotion to attack with the shield

but that is completly blockable if the enemies just went backwards, like some monster do(leapers), but in general monsters come to the hero and don't defend properly.

Also whirlwind is pretty hilarious, no way you could spin around like that and wouldnt puke.

Dualwielding 2 2-handers is also pretty insane.

Also there should be a block% with at least swords and staffs, like when wielded by a trained fighter, dont know if you can do that with the other weapons tho.

Meteor should deal physical damage, maybe 50% and rest fire

their shouldnt be a range for lighting damage, but i guess thats for balance

what you think is realistic/unrealistic?

maybe they where lazy, but weapons should be displayed in wereform

1.09 balance made it as believable as possible, but the fact that a devilkin in nightmare can potentially be stronger than a barbarian freshly into the difficulty. Lost all points for me right there. Ignoring the obvious fantasy crazy crap. Like even for fantasy summoning volcanoes is kinda too far.

Reactions: d2lover
Smite: Yeah, it's realistic. Or the concept is anyway. Contrary to what most people think, the shield is also a weapon. Not like captain america uses it, but it was common to hit people with it.

Whirlwind: It's about as realistic as some kid using his "super secret invincible attack", which involves running at somebody while spinning his arms around like windmills. Although, if my opponent started spinning around like a top and projectile vomiting all over the place, I'd probably be inclined to just let him have that one as a win. 🤮

Dualwielding two-handers: Meh, a big guy could probably pull it off. Which the barbarian is. Dualwielding in general is not particularly easy though. Not very many can pull it off with enough success that it could be trusted in a fight.

Lightning range: Electricity will only arc so far depending on voltage.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High