Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

So in NM I ran into the perfect LK map. Or 99% perfect (a third cluster of houses would of course be possible) But why did it have to happen in NM??? Useless. And this is my char named Infinity who I plan to run until I get a specific runeword. (Guess which one...)

Attachments

• LK NM Infinity.jpg
    LK NM Infinity.jpg
    466.5 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Zyr
Its not really a perfect map since you have to tele between them. I once found one where i found a camp, that just went from one to the other, right by the waypoint. I have a picture of it somewhere, but it was insane. Edit: Actually not as insane as I remembered it. I think if you could have things line up horisontally it would be better but idk.

Attachments

• Desktop_Screenshot_2020.10.24_-_07.12.08.32.png
    Desktop_Screenshot_2020.10.24_-_07.12.08.32.png
    745.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I've had the horizontal stack and the vertical stack (like rawness's map) before and they both are pretty much just as fast as this map. But I think this map I had a long time ago is probably the best possible.
D0gjLom.png

In my experience, lk maps aren't terrible to roll. Just tele in a circle around the wp and if you dont see any campfires/huts of the correct shape, just s/e immediately. If there is a campfire tile adjacent to wp, then tele in a circle around that tile and s/e if no second campfire tile. Don't settle for anything except two adjacent campfire tiles where one is also adjacent to wp. Can churn through maps super fast that way.

I just found a magic +3 Druid summoning +20 strength circlet type helm. I never play druids so wasn’t sure if this would be worth putting sockets into or not? I would guess uniques probably beat this...

Unless someone is doing a magic-only Summoner Druid and also trades.... I imagine Lazurk would be the only one who cares to have it.
But, you never know, and if you use GoMule then it's not like it'll be taking up enough stash space to matter.

In other news, I was saving this for his Guardian thread but he died so.... might as well share this here!

I was playing Vanilla/SSF/Single Pass/HC/Rares, Magic. White only/etc...

My willpower was tested.
8nbM5eG.jpg

XgTV0KW.jpg

4K09l3Q.jpg

LgIvYvm.jpg

KsMZAEV.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jocular
Oh is there a "Item i found today" type of thread somewhere? i have been looking around a bit, but havent found it. Just to be one on diabloii. I like posting some of the higher tier stuff that I get somewhere, so if there isnt one someone should make a thread like that.

I am lvling my witchyzon and wondering what the best option is for socketing my riphook with. I am planning on upgrading to blade bow. I have seen shael and %ED/max dmg jewels recommended so far. Ideas?

I am lvling my witchyzon and wondering what the best option is for socketing my riphook with. I am planning on upgrading to blade bow. I have seen shael and %ED/max dmg jewels recommended so far. Ideas?
Why are you upgrading your Riphook when you're a Witchyzon?

IMO just wait out the 8 levels until you equip WWS and move on from there. Riphook is already at -40 weapon speed while WWS is weapon speed 0 with 2 open sockets. So any speed increments to Riphook may affect gear choices once you upgrade to WWS.

Why are you upgrading your Riphook when you're a Witchyzon?

IMO just wait out the 8 levels until you equip WWS and move on from there. Riphook is already at -40 weapon speed while WWS is weapon speed 0 with 2 open sockets. So any speed increments to Riphook may affect gear choices once you upgrade to WWS.
Sorry I meant medusa-zon!! (I thought they were the same thing :giggle:) Riphook or silence is my endgame plan (no runes for silence at the moment)

@Nona

If that's the case, I'd vote for the damage jewel (or Nef if you don't have any source of KB).

Reason being that you don't want to widen the ias gap between your 2 intended endgame weapons (Riphook's current -40WSM vs Silence's -10WSM). So, when you do make the switch, it wouldn't result in a massive overhaul in your other gear.

@Nona

If that's the case, I'd vote for the damage jewel (or Nef if you don't have any source of KB).

Reason being that you don't want to widen the ias gap between your 2 intended endgame weapons (Riphook's current -40WSM vs Silence's -10WSM). So, when you do make the switch, it wouldn't result in a massive overhaul in your other gear.
Great thanks!

Reactions: saracen85
I am pondering about my options for my untwinked barbarian's mercenary setup.

The weapon is an eth, socketed Reaper's toll (Currently 15ias 13ed jewel in it)
The important breakpoints with thresher are 45, 55 and 75
The armor is a treachery. I don't think I want to change away from this to CoH/Fortitude

Pros of treachery
Fast IAS for more and faster Decrepify procs, which increases my Whirlwind damage by a lot
Fade for all res, 15% DR

Cons
Fade needs a proc, getting unlucky at the start of runs might make merc die.
Low armor

Pros of Fortitude
300ed, not sure how this compares to the 45ias of Treachery DPS wise
115% increased defence from chilling armor proc
Always capped resistances

Cons
Lower ias, lower Decrepify procs
Costs a Lo, which could be another grief roll

Pros of CoH
200% Demons Ed, 100% undead ed. Still decent damage, but lower than Fortitude, not sure how it compares to 45 ias.
+2 all skills, which increases the mercenary's might skill, which gives both me and him 20% ed.
Defensive just in general, although probably still worse than Fortitude.

----
Pros of Andariel's visage
+2 all skills for merc might
20 ias. With fortitude and 15 ias socket, reaches 75ias bp without 15ias in weapon.

Cons
Almost has to be socketed with a 15ias / 30fr jewel. I have a 15ias 22fr from LK though.

Pros of Vampire gaze
High DR% and MDR

Cons
Will only reach 75 ias bp with ias socket in weapon with treachery.

Pros of Kiras guardian
Capped res
Cannot be frozen

Cons
Will only reach 75 ias bp with ias socket in weapon with treachery.
-----
Socket in Reaper's toll

15ias 13ed jewel
Frees up helmet slot if using andariel's visage. I don't have anything better than 15ias 22fr to socket in it though, which makes the following options better

Ohm (50% ed)
A lot of ed%, probably a waste

Lo (20% Deadly strike)
I suspect this might be the best option

Ber (20% crushing blow)
Probably another waste, but I have no clue how strong crushing blow is compared to the other possibilities. Probably something that I should calculate.

Jah (Ignore's target defense)
Probably not needed, I have no clue about how merc attack rating and chance to hit works though.

Cham (Cannot be frozen)
Swap the 15ias 22fr from the Andariel's visage into the weapon and put a Cham into the helmet. Still hits 75ias and gets cannot be frozen. I don't know about this one though, I haven't really followed how much my mercenary gets chilled. Also a pain to get.

HgIz8cd.png

Nice little sheet I made for the various combinations

I haven't done the merc DPS calculations of these various setups yet. I will also have to factor in the time to Decrepify on average, which impacts my Whirlwind damage a lot.
Initially I was leaning towards Reapers (Lo) and Andys (15ias 22fr), but after making this post I will consider the Cham option, even if it is behind dozens of hours of Travincal

Last edited:
@Tatterson a really important factor in this questions is what runs you want to do with this barb. If they're baal runs or multiple area runs (which all take a while to complete), treachery is a strong candidate since you will have time for fade to proc on merc most of the time. If trav runs, you need a completely different setup for merc to tank hydras (guardian angel and kiras). If pits, then something else. If just a general all arounder where you want merc to work for everything, just go treachery + kiras (ias) imo, or maybe even a 4os ias armor with kiras. More details below.

In general, for weapons other than reapers, fort is often much nicer than treach for dps and, imo, for comfort. BUT with reapers I always use treachery or a 4os ias armor. Because the faster decrep goes off, the better for your damage and your safety. And I see no reason to ever consider coh on any merc except a delirium merc myself.

For a runs with a short runtime, the ias 4 jewel armor is probably better than treachery since you can get other mods in addition to 15ias on them as well as hit the 75 fcr bp easier. Might even be better for runs with a long runtime, but i know the dr from fade and resistances are really nice for merc survivability if the run is long enough for it to proc semi-reliably.

As for helm ofc depends on the runs. If running pits where you need like zero resists, then of course go with andys or gface, because why not boost his speed or power? And I think cham > ias in both since its just too annoying if merc doesnt have cbf imo. If you do need resists, and find that fade isnt proccing fast/often enough for your tastes with gface/andys, then kiras is a strong contender (not to mention don't need a cham).

For baal most people use treachery+kiras or treachery+cham gface. The latter receiving mixed results. Most people think its an upgrade but I've seen a couple say they didn't like it because of the low merc resists making him die too frequtnly pre-fade.

Reapers socket and kiras socket depends on rest of gear, but fwiw, i put my only rjof in my eth reapers. So if a generalist, then overall I think I like the idea of ias reapers, ias kiras, and treachery the most. Or if you run 4os ias armor, you could put a ed+max dmg jewel in reapers (but not helm due to bug) or Lo or whatever. Hope that helps.

@Tatterson a really important factor in this questions is what runs you want to do with this barb. If they're baal runs or multiple area runs (which all take a while to complete), treachery is a strong candidate since you will have time for fade to proc on merc most of the time. If trav runs, you need a completely different setup for merc to tank hydras (guardian angel and kiras). If pits, then something else. If just a general all arounder where you want merc to work for everything, just go treachery + kiras (ias) imo, or maybe even a 4os ias armor with kiras. More details below.

In general, for weapons other than reapers, fort is often much nicer than treach for dps and, imo, for comfort. BUT with reapers I always use treachery or a 4os ias armor. Because the faster decrep goes off, the better for your damage and your safety. And I see no reason to ever consider coh on any merc except a delirium merc myself.

For a runs with a short runtime, the ias 4 jewel armor is probably better than treachery since you can get other mods in addition to 15ias on them as well as hit the 75 fcr bp easier. Might even be better for runs with a long runtime, but i know the dr from fade and resistances are really nice for merc survivability if the run is long enough for it to proc semi-reliably.

As for helm ofc depends on the runs. If running pits where you need like zero resists, then of course go with andys or gface, because why not boost his speed or power? And I think cham > ias in both since its just too annoying if merc doesnt have cbf imo. If you do need resists, and find that fade isnt proccing fast/often enough for your tastes with gface/andys, then kiras is a strong contender (not to mention don't need a cham).

For baal most people use treachery+kiras or treachery+cham gface. The latter receiving mixed results. Most people think its an upgrade but I've seen a couple say they didn't like it because of the low merc resists making him die too frequtnly pre-fade.

Reapers socket and kiras socket depends on rest of gear, but fwiw, i put my only rjof in my eth reapers. So if a generalist, then overall I think I like the idea of ias reapers, ias kiras, and treachery the most. Or if you run 4os ias armor, you could put a ed+max dmg jewel in reapers (but not helm due to bug) or Lo or whatever. Hope that helps.
Areas of interest:
For experience:
Baal
Chaos sanctuary
Nithlatak for 98-99 if I ever get there
Pits (If I need a change of scenery)
WSK (If I need a change of scenery)
Tranvincal, but for Travincal I am most likely fine with using a non-optimal setup.

Interesting point about the 4os armor. Shopping a jewelers of the whale could take some time, but certainly doable. Or even a jewelers of the amicae, but whale probably better since it benefits from BO. I don't have enough good jewels to really make it shine, but an interesting option none the less

I'll have to let these ideas stew in my noggin. I may have a kira's to try out the CBF before I commit to anything. Andy's was for baaling the little that I tested. Gface seems interesting too, although I never even considered it before.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High