Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

I have run into an issue with GoMule. For some reason it not longer finds my files and I get java errors when trying to start it. When cklicking to remove the error messages the program will start but without finding my char och stashes.

It seems the can't locate them on my computer but they are still there, on the same place as always. Can this have anything to do with OneDrive messing it up?

I use Google Drive to backup my saves and stashes and it has not caused any problems.

I'm pretty sure I had a similar problem in the past with errors popping up when starting GoMule. I can't for the life of me remember how I fixed it, but this thread https://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/gomule-null-error.922188/ possibly played a part in it.
You are absolutely correct!! This is the same issue. I solved it by changing the start path, instead of oneDrive to my computer. Not sure exactly but suddenly it worked!

Strange. Don't know what caused it, don't know what solved it. 😃

Hi all.

I am back (at least as a lurker). I considered posting a new thread about it, but since I am expecting to be a dad again in about 10 days, I felt I should do something less... official. Cause there is a risk I might disapear again.

I was active in the old forum roughly throughout 2019 in the singleplayer part. Then, as I moved house at the 2019/2020 transition, I lost my "battlestation" (and have not yet taken the time to set up a space for my desktop in the new house).

Anyway, really starting to get that D2 urge again. I need to at least lurk and discuss some Diablo again. :sneaky:

@Babyhell My first daughter has heard the first one quite a few times, to the point where she usually knows its's dance-time when it turns on. I guess I'll keep that up. :cool:

Reactions: Babyhell
Speaking of map weirdness, is there a trigger that disables the Sewers 2 WP? I was playing today and skipped the Sewers, so I went back much later in the Act (after making the Staff) and couldn't interact with the WP at all - it wouldn't highlight when I hovered over it, and clicking on it did nothing. I've always done the Sewers first thing in Act 2, so it's possible that there's a quest trigger that shuts it off that I never noticed before.

Happens with Jail Level 1 too, and sometimes with Catacombs 2. It's a bug; summoning up a TP usually fixes it.

There's also a rarer bug where the WP misses altogether. This happens at least with Glacial Trail, don't know of any other place where it happened.

Hmm.. I've looked into Blade Sentinel before, and it really is terrible. But, I never realized this:
  • Cold length is also reduced to 3/8 when using a one-handed weapon or 3/16 when using a two-handed weapon: poison length isn't reduced.
  • Poison length is calculated differently when multiple items applying poison damage are used with skills that apply less than 100% weapon damage: for Blade Sentinel, poison length is simply the sum of their lengths.

So, couldn't this be a pretty effective way to apply some Venom damage? Combining a bunch of poison dmg SCs to give you a nice long poison duration with a high level Venom to get you decent dps?

Hmm.. I've looked into Blade Sentinel before, and it really is terrible. But, I never realized this:

So, couldn't this be a pretty effective way to apply some Venom damage? Combining a bunch of poison dmg SCs to give you a nice long poison duration with a high level Venom to get you decent dps?
AFAIK Venom only adds length/bit rate damage to Poison Dagger, and the javelins of Poison Jav and Plague Jav.

For poison charms, all the bit rate is added together with Venom's but the total length remains at 10 frames.

Reactions: D2DC
Is all +% damage to undead ineffective or only that of Sanctuary aura? Was wielding The Vile Husk and certainly did not feel like doing close to double damage against undead.

@ level50:
Zeal & strength ~ 450 ed
Damage to undead 375

This was far from scientific and more how it felt. Compared weapon was Crainte Vomir which has lower damage and is faster so not ideal. Undead physical resitances will surely have played a part. Will test properly once in hell (enough hp on enemies to be able to count normal attacks needed to kill with Vile Husk vs weapon with close to identical damage)

@SirName
Sanctuary aura only ignores undead physical resistances. That's all. Those other bonuses are bugged iirc apart from KB.

I can definitely feel the effects of vile husk on undead with my frenzier, if that helps.

Reactions: SirName
As I'm moving around a lot, it's hard to find time to play D2 in my desktop. So, i installed it in a laptop, and began a new, separate journey. Playing it in a laptop is annoying though, as the keyboard blows. With this in mind, i chose a summon necro as my first character. A fresh start is always fun, as all finds are exciting in a way.

Battle.net only offers 1.14, and the version in my other computer is 1.13, so these games will never come in contact with each other. Unless I update my desktop D2, which is unlikely.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High