Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Dual swords, atm Death's and Malice crystal sword. However still is it then normal that double swing hits so much faster than frenzy itself?

It has somewhat strange breakpoints IIRC. Have a play with the weapon speed calculator:

Short answer: With those weapons, depending on other IAS, Double Swing is faster.

So I got my second D2R Griffon's Eye from Terrorized Andariel yesterday. I already have a -20/+13 socketed with a -4/+5 facet as my javazon was going to share it with my lit sorc (and now that -ELR applies to traps, with my trapsin too). The second one got a worse roll -17/+10. I was thinking about socket the second too, and throw an IAS jewel. I have a spare -5/+5 facet and some blue IAS jewels with a second mod (+2 mana after each kill but that seems useless as I have Phoenix on switch, +8 LR that can be useful to counter sundering charm, +10 CR, +10% ED or +7 minimum damage). What would you do if you were on my shoes?

If those are your only two I’d probably spend a socket quest on it just because it still has many uses. No good jewels like IAS/MPK, 5/5 facet or IAS/@ but instead cheaper stuff like common IAS jewels or Ist/PTopaz for MF builds that care less about light dmg and rather use it to reach an FCR BP or something along those lines.

Travincal was terrorized today and realized my merc was squishy at p8. Made this new runeword and it worked pretty well with Guardian Angel.

View attachment 85740
I haven't found Kira's in D2R yet, so I might make that too. So far, my merc handled /p8 trav fine, but I did have to heal him a bit.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
Somewhat on the technical side:
I have been trying out the new dual mosaic build, which of course has a lot of pretty effects, and sadly crashes my game continuously. I've tried overclocking, underclocking, undervolting as well as tuning the fan curve on the GPU (AMD Radeon 6800 XT) but still no solution to the crashing. Does anyone have any suggestions ?

That's a bummer! Your and snickersnack's mentioning the dual Mosaic build inspired me to try it--pretty crazy damage!

The charging up is a bit tricky as sometimes I'll have tighter damage of 11-40k, or it'll spike to 45k, etc., which leads me to believe there is some sweet spot for max damage I'm not quite hitting.

Last edited:
That's a bummer! Your and snickersnack's mentioning the dual Mosaic build inspired me to try it.

Pretty crazy damage.
View attachment 85748

The charging up is a bit tricky as sometimes I'll have tighter damage of 11-40k, or it'll spike to 45k, etc., which leads me to believe there is some sweet spot for max damage I'm not quite hitting.
Optimally you would be going for 2 charges of PS, the CL is awesome in terms of damage. Check out Macrobioboy's video, especially the in depth mechanics section.

I kinda fixed my problem, by not letting the GPU running wild. I capped the FPS at a reasonabble 100 and I have not had a crash since. Kinda have to heat the room now though, the GPU was hitting insane temps w/o the cap :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
Optimally you would be going for 2 charges of PS, the CL is awesome in terms of damage. Check out Macrobioboy's video, especially the in depth mechanics section.

I kinda fixed my problem, by not letting the GPU running wild. I capped the FPS at a reasonabble 100 and I have not had a crash since. Kinda have to heat the room now though, the GPU was hitting insane temps w/o the cap :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Glad you got it working! I was using Delirium on the merc so I was hoping I wouldn't crash the game, but I have my graphics settings down pretty low so it was OK.

I watched both videos that guy had and it was very helpful. I wasn't quite sure how everything interacted and just being taken step by step through what they did and then how to charge up was very helpful. Damage went up to 50k, and with Fade she seems very safe. No real survivability issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oblivious
@BBS_Agonistes I answer to your message here since it might me a more appropriate thread

Indeed, she’s off the hook. Absolutely wrecks densely populated areas but probably won’t beat other farming characters simply because she can’t pick up the stuff that drops without losing her charges. She’s crazy on terrorized cows, but you really have to clear the area and then go back through and pick up drops. I haven’t tried with more MF gear yet, though.
Your comment picked my interest, and since I had my first terrorized cows this morning I made some testing and came to a different conclusion for cows

My setup before was more MF-oriented (using cham'ed shako and dual nagel in particular), and skill-wise I was using fade for resists, and the most damaging possible setup : fully-charged FoF, CoT, BoI, Tiger strike and PS charged with fire or lightning depending on the area

For cows I switched to the following : switched shako for faceted griffons, and nagels for raven frost + 10 fcr ring

I switched fade to BoS : then I can come back from Tristram to town, go to Akara, open cow portal and kill the first cows without loosing charges, + i reach a better ias breakpoint
Since I have a 10 fcr crafted amu, I can reach the 65 fcr breakpoint on main weapon, which is already faster than a javazon with 99 fcr, and I could even aim at 102 fcr on swap if i either used a 15 fcr amu or an extra 10 fcr ring. I did not try because I dont have the amu and cannot remove raven frost since i dont have a cham'ed griffon yet.

For the charges, I use PS with two charges of course to go for lighning damage, and the main difference here is that i dont use fist of fire because it converts all the physical damage to fire (if i understood well), making life leech and mana leech non existent. So instead I can use Cobra Strike and get insane life leech and mana leech.

With 3k+ life, Weapon block and Cobra Strike, fade seems to become unncessary. I have around 20- 40 to all res with my current setup and did not come even close to dying at p/8 terrorized cows. Of course i did a 1hour test only, so it needs to be confirmed on the long run.

With that setup it looks like I can run cows significantly faster that my javazon. I did not time my runs so I can not be more precise and it needs more testing of course
I personnaly did not have problems for picking stuff : I usually keep 2 full columns in my stash + cube so I have enough space to just pick everything I find and identify at the beginning of the next run. Of course it's space that could be used for more skillers, but this assassin really does not need the extra damage.
The 15s delay gives me enough time to manage picking items. Also It seems that herding is not necesary so item cluttering is not as problematic as for a javazon

So in the end my conclusion is that this build deserves some further testing on the cows level but my intuition is that it might actually beat the javazon. At least I found that the runs are more comfortable than with the javazon : no herding, faster teleport and no mana issue + you can kill easily the immuned bosses including the cow king

Love it when this happens xD

CcgsFPa.png

@maxicek Wasn't there a casual contest a while back for finding and screencapping specific unique monster names? Stuff like "first one to find and post a monster named 'Bone Vex' wins" or "first one to find and post 'Pit Wound the Unholy' wins?"

Reactions: coju
Just got myself D2R (It is on sale btw).

I’d like a survival kit of sorts. Gomule specific stuff I can ask in the Gomule thread.

Is there a changelog available online for Diablo Resurrected? My search fu is rusty it seems. Trying to compile list of changes from LoD to now.

Or is there an ”amazon basin for D2R” or Arreat Summit for D2R you all use?

@Swamigoon sounds like this one:

Here was the one I hosted:

Reactions: Swamigoon
Is there a changelog available online for Diablo Resurrected? My search fu is rusty it seems. Trying to compile list of changes from LoD to now.

Maybe this thread is helpful - https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/diablo-ii-resurrected-single-player-faq.2536/

Some of the stuff is outdated though. Like for example, cain now IDs items in the cube. But you can see some interesting stuff from how d2r was at launch there.

Patch notes

I'd be interested in compiling a full list of changes as well. There's a lot of differences but it's kind of like minecraft java vs minecraft bedrock version IMO. The only changes that are big enough to be really big changes are things like:

1. controller support
2. sunder charms
3. terror zones

The rest of it is like, if you squint when you look at it it's basically the same game XD Most of the changes are kind of technical, and you wouldn't even notice they happened unless you were really looking for it.

One really interesting difference that got better is clicking on doors and sarcophagus and stuff. You know how in D2LoD when you look at a sarcophagus wrong, it just doesn't do anything? It's fixed in D2R! But it wasn't always. When D2R launched, if you clicked on doors/sarcophagus/etc. with the wrong approach, it felt identical to LoD. They wouldn't open! And you have to like back away and try again from another angle haha! That's how I knew D2R was good, because the objects were still jank.

Interestingly they also fixed the chaos sanctuary seal bug where the same sort of glitch was happening where if you approached from the wrong angle, nothing would happen when you clicked. One side effect of this change is now sometimes Lord De Seis spawns RIGHT NEXT TO THE SEAL and you have to run and poop your pants. It's not every time, it's like 1/20 so it'll keep you guessing! Who knows when he'll spawn right on top of you!!! I'm not sure why fixing the seal made de seis spawn on top of you, but it did and he does.

Last edited:
Reactions: coju and SirName
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High