Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

That is a nice solution, actually hitting with the Beast. You can use the Grizzly charges too.
War Spike would also hit the same BPs.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
I have kind of lost track here: Are the patch 2.4 RWs available in SP?

I seem to recall they were supposed to be comping to us after the ladder finished, but I haven’t seen any Flickering Flames.

I used my respec on my berserker barb to optimize a bit, and I decided to get some quests that I never did. When I got to the Barracks and found the Smith, all he got out was "I shall make weapons" before Leharas poked him once and he fell over with "aaarhg!"

Then I thought, "he was just making a to do list. poor guy."

• Haha
Reactions: coju and PhineasB
I haven't found an Eth Oath Base as of yet and don't have Lo to spare for Grief, actually don't have a Lo, althought I do have two Ohm but I'm thinking I want to make Faith so I'd like to hold on to them....

So with all that said, what other options would there be for a Horker and would you recommend WW or Zerk?

Currently I have :

G'Face or Arreats
Lionheart
Angelic Amu/Ring + Dwarf
Gores
String of Ears
Laying of Hands
a bunch of damage/ar smallcharms

Just don't know what to use for weapons other than Oath/Grief

Swap is two Spirit swords for the +skills to Hork, don't really care about MF as I'm rune farming more than anything else.

I could go Kings Grace, Honor, Hustle (soon), Lawbringer, Passion, Oath (I have the runes for multuples of these in this list), for weapons I have ;

Non-Eth ;
3 & 4 OS Balrog Blade
4&5 OS Colossus Sword (Multiple)
3 OS legend Sword (Multiple)
3/4/5/6 OS Phase Blades
4 OS 15% ED Phase Blade
For Eth ;
3&5 OS Colossus Sword
3 OS Legend Sword

Last edited:
"Passion" can be pretty solid in a decent base. You don't list it, but Unbending Will would be nice if you can scrape up a Fal from Hell Countess. 20-30 IAS, +3 Combat Skills, +300-350% ED, etc.

Is it just me or do the itchies look different now? Looks like there are more prominent flies in the clouds that you can see... maybe it's just the lightning on the terror zone (Far Oasis).

For the sorceress skill, each level in the Teleport skill decreases its mana cost by one. But spell charges on an item consume charges insead of mana, so the skill level of an item's Teleport charge really doesn't matter, does it? Then it occurred to me to try to find out whether the skill level of a teleport charge affects the repair cost for using that charge.

I looked through my GoMule stashes for items with teleport charges. I transferred them all on a couple of characters, repaired/recharged them all, then equipped each of them one at a time and spent exactly one teleport charge with each one.

So, how much gold would a vendor ask for repair of one teleport charge?

Observations:
RsxMlsot1.png RsxMramot1.png RsxMamot2.png RsxMramot.png RsxMvamot2.png Rsxntot.png RsxRamst2.png RsxRt.png XxRgoGG3.png XxRcoGH4.png XxRscSH5.png RsxNaj.png
RsxUbaS1.png
  • recharge one charge of skill level 1 teleport on a magic "Rainbow Amulet of Teleportation:" 7102 gold
  • recharge one charge of skill level 1 teleport on a magic long staff: 2172 gold
  • recharge one charge of skill level 1 teleport on the unique bearded axe "Spellsteel:" 3584 gold
  • recharge one charge of skill level 2 teleport on magic amulets: between 5798 and 5920 gold (various other mods on the amulet)
  • recharge one charge of skill level 2 teleport on a magic tiara: 3123 gold
  • recharge one charge of skill level 2 teleport on a rare amulet: 6317 gold
  • recharge one charge of skill level 2 teleport on a rare coronet: 3123 gold
  • recharge one charge of skill level 3 teleport on a rare glowing orb: 1813 gold
  • recharge one charge of skill level 4 teleport on a rare clasped orb: 1777 gold
  • recharge one charge of skill level 5 teleport on a rare swirling crystal: 1772 gold
  • recharge one charge of skill level 11 teleport on the set elder staff "Naj's Puzzler:" 1947 gold
Hypotheses:
  • The skill level of a teleport charge doesn't seem to matter much.
  • Whether the item is magic, rare, set, etc. doesn't seem to affect recharge cost.
  • Whether the item is normal, exceptional, or elite doesn't seem to affect recharge cost.
  • Other mods (besides teleport charges) on an item seem to increase the recharge cost by some variable amount.
  • Item type matters:
    • Teleport recharges on sorceress orbs seem cheapest to repair: observed between 1772 and 1813 gold.
    • Teleport recharges on staves cost a few hundred more: observed between 1947 and 2172 gold.
    • Teleport recharges on circlets cost about another thousand more: observed 3123 gold.
    • Teleport recharges on amulets cost a few thousand more: observed between 5798 and 7102 gold.
I welcome other comments, more observations, corrections, wisdom, etc.

Last edited:
For the sorceress skill, each level in the Teleport skill decreases its mana cost by one. But spell charges on an item consume charges insead of mana, so the skill level of an item's Teleport charge really doesn't matter, does it? Then it occurred to me to try to find out whether the skill level of a teleport charge affects the repair cost for using that charge.

I looked through my GoMule stashes for items with teleport charges. I transferred them all on a couple of characters, repaired/recharged them all, then equipped each of them one at a time and spent exactly one teleport charge with each one.

So, how much gold would a vendor ask for repair of one teleport charge?

Observations:
  • recharge one charge of skill level 1 teleport on a magic "Rainbow Amulet of Teleportation:" 7102 gold
  • recharge one charge of skill level 1 teleport on a magic long staff: 2172 gold
  • recharge one charge of skill level 1 teleport on the unique bearded axe "Spellsteel:" 3584 gold
  • recharge one charge of skill level 2 teleport on magic amulets: between 5798 and 5920 gold (various other mods on the amulet)
  • recharge one charge of skill level 2 teleport on a magic tiara: 3123 gold
  • recharge one charge of skill level 2 teleport on a rare amulet: 6317 gold
  • recharge one charge of skill level 2 teleport on a rare coronet: 3123 gold
  • recharge one charge of skill level 3 teleport on a rare glowing orb: 1813 gold
  • recharge one charge of skill level 4 teleport on a rare clasped orb: 1777 gold
  • recharge one charge of skill level 5 teleport on a rare swirling crystal: 1772 gold
  • recharge one charge of skill level 11 teleport on the set elder staff "Naj's Puzzler:" 1947 gold
Hypotheses:
  • The skill level of a teleport charge doesn't seem to matter much.
  • Whether the item is magic, rare, set, etc. doesn't seem to affect recharge cost.
  • Whether the item is normal, exceptional, or elite doesn't seem to affect recharge cost.
  • Other mods (besides teleport charges) on an item seem to increase the recharge cost by some variable amount.
  • Item type matters:
    • Teleport recharges on sorceress orbs seem cheapest to repair: observed between 1772 and 1813 gold.
    • Teleport recharges on staves cost a few hundred more: observed between 1947 and 2172 gold.
    • Teleport recharges on circlets cost about another thousand more: observed 3123 gold.
    • Teleport recharges on amulets cost a few thousand more: observed between 5798 and 7102 gold.
I welcome other comments, more observations, corrections, wisdom, etc.
I don't have a copy of the txt files currently, so this is mostly from memory:

A items cost will be calculated from its base item in armor/weapons/misc.txt and the stats formulas from itemstatcost.txt. These can add or multiply gold cost.
Once the game has this value, the repair cost is value * (1 - durability / max_durability). There's a multiplier from the NPC.txt as well, and this can get changed by bloodraven/radament, but we can mostly ignore this.

Charges have an extra step, skills.txt also has a cost for each skill. The depleted charges are added on top of the durability in the formula above. The exact formula that takes the charge cost from itemstatcost.txt and skills.txt is hardcoded, if I am remembering correctly.

If you had a magic stave and a magic orb both with level 1 teleport as their only stat, I think the only difference in repair would be what is represented in the base cost in weapons.txt.

There are a bunch of bugs in the item cost generating code so you'll see some weirdness on some items, but this is the gist of it.

Then it occurred to me to try to find out whether the skill level of a teleport charge affects the repair cost for using that charge.
I did some testing of my own a few years ago, reported in this Amazon Basin post. TL;DR:

- As the level of the Teleport skill goes up, so does the number of charges, and the repair cost per charge goes down.

- Charges on amulets are the most expensive to repair, and cannot be repaired by cooking in the Cube.

- Charges on Circlets are less expensive, and charges can be repaired in the Cube with the Ral + Flawed Gem recipe.

- Charges on Staves are MUCH less expensive, and can be repaired in the Cube with the Ort + Chipped Gem recipe.

I did not test Sorceress Orbs.

I have a small doubt here, are 2.6 runewords already available in SP or do we have to wait until next season as for NL ?

That is a nice solution, actually hitting with the Beast. You can use the Grizzly charges too.
War Spike would also hit the same BPs.
Now that Sunder charms are in SP, I'm wondering about the viability of using them instead of Infinity. If you have a high roll "Faith" on the merc, you could hit 6 FPA with lvl 15 Fanaticism, a 120 IAS Phaseblade, and 88 off-weapon IAS (e.g., Highlord's, Treachery, LoH, Nosferatu's). That's only one frame off the 1.14d bearsorc.

Could be worth a try, but the thing about Infinity is it also solves AR issues which is a big problem for non-Druid bear builds hitting with standard attack. Fanaticism helps with that as well but unless you get a bunch of base AR on gear/charms, I'd assume it won't be nearly as much of a CtH boost as Conviction at the end of the day. Even with Infinity I think Bear Sorcs are actually more efficient with using a reasonable number of AR charms rather than full skiller inventory.

Btw I when I first made a Bear Sorc some 6 years ago or so, I checked SPF Pat/Mat threads in in fact I do remember yours! I think you had a different forum name then perhaps, but I the profile picture looks familiar (props for that by the way, big fan of the series here!). :)

Could be worth a try, but the thing about Infinity is it also solves AR issues which is a big problem for non-Druid bear builds hitting with standard attack. Fanaticism helps with that as well but unless you get a bunch of base AR on gear/charms, I'd assume it won't be nearly as much of a CtH boost as Conviction at the end of the day. Even with Infinity I think Bear Sorcs are actually more efficient with using a reasonable number of AR charms rather than full skiller inventory.

Btw I when I first made a Bear Sorc some 6 years ago or so, I checked SPF Pat/Mat threads in in fact I do remember yours! I think you had a different forum name then perhaps, but I the profile picture looks familiar (props for that by the way, big fan of the series here!). :)
Yeah, AR is going to be an issue and the gear is pretty tight already so you can't slip in Angelics or anything like that. And yes, good ol' Matriarch Ursula. 5 FPA... those were the days. Now that I think of it, D2 and Twin Peaks both have a dedicated fan base and both got a reboot of sorts after ~20 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: maxicek
Folks, do you know where I can read about how the game chooses which monster spawn of the table of the possible monsters of each area?

So I am trying Frenzy for the first time and perhaps I do not understand it?

It seems that attacking with Frenzy even after it's stacked is so slow, when I switch to Double Swing, I hit really fast.

So is it that I am supposed to use Frenzy only to stackup speed and then hit with swing or does it get better?

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High