Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Is the experience you get from Baal capped with no room for ondals(or anni in bnet)?

No, the experience can still be increased. Experience Shrine would probably be the most significant thing.

...Relying on WWS to proc for a hunter Druid, for example, would not be at all reliable...
Nevertheless, the WWS is one of my hunter's PI solutions. :) But thanks for the feedback, @d2lover, @Luhkoh, and @snickersnack.

I've been spending some time in Forgotten Tower and Arcane Sanctuary with the druid, partly to level him up and maybe stash a few more runes, but mostly to experiment against the PI ghosts and specters in those places.

Here are the boring experiment details; please skip to the tl;dr mark below if it's not interesting to you. My druid is level 79, has 200 dexterity, and has an equally leveled might-aura mercenary. For the experiments, I made the moron poke with a Kelpie Snare, so he and the wolves or bear never cause any damage to a PI unless and until an Amplify Damage goes off.

If I put the hunter's elemental and poison damage charms and jewelry in the cube, and then attack a forgotten tower ghost, the LCS says he has a 35% chance to hit for 162-393 damage. As I understand things, the WWS fires level 20 magic arrows, so the actual magic damage against the PI ghost is only 32-78 per strike. If I move the elemental/poison damage stuff back to his neck/fingers/inventory, the LCS changes its damage readout to 190-472 damage. If I don't count the poison damage (it's only 6), I think the total damage against the ghost is about 54-151 per hit, which is still enough to let me notice the ghost's life bar get whittled away with each strike. I usually play at /players1, but I tried /p7 for some of these experiments, and with enough patience I could still defeat each ghost or specter. This was true even if amp never proc'd, in which case the mercenary/pets were never able to help except as placeholders keeping the ghost in the path of the magic arrows.

In the same experiments, I could tell that the hunter hits a lot more often than just 35% of attacks. One of the bow's sockets has an Eth rune. Also, I can see the elemental damage animation (fire puff, lightning zap, or cold flash) play on the ghost with each successful hit. in my rough observations, between half and 2/3 of the magic arrows were hitting and damaging. When fighting a unique or champion ghost, I noticed the chance to hit went down a little bit, but close to half of the magic arrows still hit, unless a unique ghost was "stone skin" - for those, I feel only between 1/4 and 1/3 of the magic arrows were hitting.

When amp goes off, each magic arrow seems to hit a ghost not quite twice as hard. I think this makes sense, because Amp changes 100% physical resistance to 80%, so that means another 20% physical damage is delivered by each arrow that hits, in addition to the 20% magic damage and whatever other damage the charms dish out. (Of course, when the ghost is amped, the mercenary and pets usually provide most of the damage at that point.)

Anyway, I started counting the number of times the hunter fired before amp proc'd. (I never formally recorded these counts. I probably should have.) Against most ghosts, if amp didn't happen in less than 100 attacks, the ghost was almost always defeated anyway by the magic arrows alone. Against "stone skin" unique ghosts, I think the average wait time for amp was about 150 attacks. There were a handful of occasions when I had to count off almost 350 bow-thwack noises before a stone skin unique was amped, and one time when it still hadn't proc'd after over 450 attacks. (What can I say, some of us nerds easily entertain ourselves by counting. Is there a better way to pass the time during unreasonably long journeys to meet the Countess?)

tl;dr I think the Eth rune in the WWS bow improves my hunter druid's chances-to-hit a lot more than I expected it would, Regardless, the WWS in the hands of a hunter is still pretty stingy with its Amplify Damage casts.

One more interesting tidbit: I usually only put a Kelpie Snare or Woestave on the mercenary when we're fighting against against act bosses and other difficult uniques. For regular runs and questing, I give him the ethereal Demon's Arch javelins I found a little while ago, and it's been amazingly effective against PIs, moreso than the WWS. I think this is only the second time I have ever made an act 2 mercenary regularly use a javelin instead of a two-handed spear or polearm.

Anyone got some good ideas for a druid summoner build, some type of spinb on it? I got a 5+ grizzly helmet, and ill probably try a enigma telestomp build with it, maybe some ranger type of build. Brand looks like a cool runeword for the extra amp, potentially.

Anyway, I started counting the number of times the hunter fired before amp proc'd. (I never formally recorded these counts. I probably should have.) Against most ghosts, if amp didn't happen in less than 100 attacks, the ghost was almost always defeated anyway by the magic arrows alone. Against "stone skin" unique ghosts, I think the average wait time for amp was about 150 attacks. There were a handful of occasions when I had to count off almost 350 bow-thwack noises before a stone skin unique was amped, and one time when it still hadn't proc'd after over 450 attacks. (What can I say, some of us nerds easily entertain ourselves by counting. Is there a better way to pass the time during unreasonably long journeys to meet the Countess?)
This is about what I would have expected. My use of "reliable" was pretty loaded I guess, since that's subjective.

Do you have an Atma's Scarab to test? That might be more effective, since it procs at 5%, especially against individuals.

Anyone got some good ideas for a druid summoner build, some type of spinb on it? I got a 5+ grizzly helmet, and ill probably try a enigma telestomp build with it, maybe some ranger type of build. Brand looks like a cool runeword for the extra amp, potentially.

I know you're looking at higher end runewords, but maybe Harmony would be fun. It might be fun watching the grizzly play field hockey.

Reactions: Swamigoon
Almost there...next summer it will be finshed...View attachment 65477

View attachment 65476

View attachment 65479
Du gamla, du fria, du djävulska spel
Du mörka men glädjerika skröna
En rad karaktärer som aldrig känns fel
Från helvetet till ängder ständigt gröna
Från öknarna till djungler ständigt gröna

Förgyllda är minnen från fornstora dar
På pränt för att läsas över jorden
Men retsamma hjältar förblir vad de var
Och bilder kompletterar ännu orden
Vi lirar än med stolthet upp i norden
I smell a tournament in the making. Rerunning allowed, but you can only pick up chippies, cube up to perfect, most impressive flag wins. I think the Mexican flag would be a tough one. (My googlefu says that Turkmenistan may be the most detailed.)

Then imagine trying to depict Bhutans dragon in a comprehensible way with so few pixels...

Actually have a trio of elemental druids planned that will parody Scandinavian countries and dedicate the stash to assembling their native flags.

Then imagine trying to depict Bhutans dragon in a comprehensible way with so few pixels...

Actually have a trio of elemental druids planned that will parody Scandinavian countries and dedicate the stash to assembling their native flags.
LOL! Bhutan is exactly what I would aim for. :) Edit: remember, Mexico's flag also has a bird of prey on it..... More Edit: with a snake in its beak......

Very nice plan with the druids!

Does anyone have a good and trusted resource for the variables of skills by level? e.g. [AR bonus;damage;mana cost] of freezing arrow, [%increse;duration] of BO etc.
The diablo II wiki has one, but it has only level 1-20 and 25, and I would prefer more levels represented.
I would love to find it in table form (or similar), but in worst case a skill planner with realiable numbers would suffice (preferably without synergies, if possible).

On an unrelated note, I will soon-ish be posting a input/discussion thread that will be a massive textdump. I apologize in advance for how long it will be. I am working on making it more readable/less intimidating.

Does anyone have a good and trusted resource for the variables of skills by level? e.g. [AR bonus;damage;mana cost] of freezing arrow, [%increse;duration] of BO etc.
The diablo II wiki has one, but it has only level 1-20 and 25, and I would prefer more levels represented.
I would love to find it in table form (or similar), but in worst case a skill planner with realiable numbers would suffice (preferably without synergies, if possible).
Navigate to the class you want, then the skill tab you want and finally to the skill. The levels here go up to 60 and it also has useful infos on each skill.

For example the AR bonus of Freezing Arrow doesn't work. :p

Reactions: Swamigoon
I noticed that too. I always thought it odd that most can get staffmods, but not paladin shields or amazon weapons, although the latter gets entire skill tree bonuses. Claws only get staffmods at higher str/dex requirements, and barbarian helmets seem to only get warcry or mastery staffmods. I wonder whether there was some balance reason for these differences.

To be fair, scepters and wands are practically Pally and Necro weapons respectively. So it makes sense not to overlap.

I do think Sorcs have the shortest end of the stick with regards to white class specifics. Though they have the best selection of Golds and Greens.

Major heading​

This text comes under a major heading, used to separate the primary sections of an article.

Minor heading​

When you need to subdivide the primary sections of an article, use a level 2 minor heading.

Subheading​

If you require additional subdivision, you may drop to level 3.

You have to click the following word to see the content.

This is not [B]bold[/B] text.

(Just testing, ignore me)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kartongen

Major heading​

This text comes under a major heading, used to separate the primary sections of an article.

Minor heading​

When you need to subdivide the primary sections of an article, use a level 2 minor heading.

Subheading​

If you require additional subdivision, you may drop to level 3.

You have to click the following word to see the content.

This is not [B]bold[/B] text.

(Just testing, ignore me)

This is relevant to my interests.​

Thank you Maxicek.

I'm updating the Links sticky and found this, which is why I was testing:

Reactions: Kartongen
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High