Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

@queenEm what do you mean? Cant you just get the leg, clear the cow level (but NOT kill the king) and repeat all with one character?

@Nona if you're fine to farm them slowly, I recommend just doing hell LK and get high runes as the jewels come in slowly. If you REALLY want to farm them, getting some level 1 jewels from blood moore and rerolling with 3 perfect gems is the fastest way to go for sure.

@d2lover envy gear > khalims flail imo. Because you can put it in a bow and shoot everything once and run away. I've used both and definitely prefer the envy stuff. And not everyone uses time travel gear for the ravenclaw.

@Swamigoon that stack exchange link convers it. But in general the binomial distribution is the correct way to model coin flip scenarios. Poisson distribution approximates the binomial with low chances of a positive event and/or with a large number of attempts, and is much less computationally intensive with large numbers, but not sure 2% is enough to make that true. In general the expected value is 50, just what you would intuitively think.

If I was wanting to farm for envy jewels for twinking would normal LK superchests be the place to go, or maybe find an act 1 normal superchest and just hit that?
Get some jewels from normal Blood Moor and reroll them, if I remember correctly the chance of an envy jewel is just over 10%. Envy is my preferred early levelling (2 envy bows = safety and speed) method too.

Edit: Heh, ninja'd by that troublemaker, Luhkoh.

Reactions: Luhkoh
@queenEm what do you mean? Cant you just get the leg, clear the cow level (but NOT kill the king) and repeat all with one character?

But the thing is I want to kill the king to be able to get the cow king set? Or is it not worth it? Can other cows drop that as well?

other cows can drop it, and after enough runs you will find it

just get like 100 mf or so and you should get it eventually.

I can recommend a Javazon and Blizzardsorc

remember the boots can also be sanders, don't know the ratio but it could be 50%

Reactions: queenEm
In the three-legged tourney, i gambled a 39 LR/27 MF circley and i see it as end game worthy if it rolls 2os from larzuk.

In a single-pass, what is the next set of items i should gamble for?

Im thinking gloves boots and belt for any combination of fhr/life/res/mf ??

Is there anything else i should look out for?

You should shoot for maximum MF at beginning. Towards the end you should only be focusing on resistances.

Also, keep in mind that you only really have access to three Larzuk's, and the hell one is towards the end of the game (probably the toughest part, though.)

Most things cost too much to gamble anyway, but with good economy you can have large amounts of gold. Boots are in my opinion the most important one's as FRW is very valuable, and they often provide large amounts of resistances. Amulets are often a pretty good investment, though cubing a prismatic one is probably better. Belts are in my opinion worthless, you can buy good magic ones if you need one.

In the three-legged tourney, i gambled a 39 LR/27 MF circley and i see it as end game worthy if it rolls 2os from larzuk.

In a single-pass, what is the next set of items i should gamble for?

Im thinking gloves boots and belt for any combination of fhr/life/res/mf ??

Is there anything else i should look out for?
Normal goal - Max MF as mentioned. Whichever slot has the highest potential improvement. Boots, Gloves, Circlets, Amulets, Rings.

After that - It really depends on the build.
High Resistance MF boots with FHR/FRW
Skill Tree/Resistance/PDR/Life/Stats/Teleport Charges Amulet
High Resistance rings with Leech/FCR/Stats etc.
Weapons if you don't find anything worthy and are a melee fighter.
Circlets for Skill Tree/MF/Resistances/Sockets/Damage etc,etc.

Basically whatever slot offers the most potential improvement for your build. Only items that aren't worth gambling for are Armors and Shields as rare ones have very little chance of being good and almost none of being great.

Check out jiansonz' guide. I don't think it exists here yet, I was going to repost it actually but I don't know if jiansonz is still around, so wouldn't want to do so without their persmission...

@Kitteh @b1ur @Apila

Yes, jiansonz single-pass guide is a great read; I recommend it to anyone playing in a tourney.
In fact, it was the first thing I looked up while the Three-Legged tourney was still in discussion.

I know what I would be aiming for if it were a typical untwinked playthrough,
- for example farming away at Countess and the Pit -
but I'm just unsure what would count as end-game viable, and when they become available, in a single-pass. :unsure:

Since I'm currently playing a typical summoner necromancer, and is relatively safe until early Hell,
I planned to larzuk the circlet and add 2x PTopaz till late NM/early Hell, and swap it out to Ort/Ral or scintillating jewel if I get lucky.

From the comments suggested though, it seems I should just stick with 3x PTopaz great helmet;
and save larzuk for a potential definite-end-game drop.
For now, I'll keep on gambling away at Gloves/Boots/Circlets/Ammy/Rings for more MF.

Thanks for the tips everyone!

to be honest the only defenite socketquest I can think of is a white monarch paired with a respecc for strength.

now a lucky viper would be great, but then you also have to find an Um rune, I guess

or in the case of necro homunculus

My general advice is to plan for two Larzuk's and use the third one as a bonus for the final push, same with Anya. You should be good to go before you get there.

I would also go halfway with what Apila said, maximise your MF early. However, don't reduce it entirely later, just don't make it first priority. The reduction in priority isn't because MF stops being useful (the potential of it is arguably higher, tournament restrictions depending), it's because you have to start putting more effort into surviving and killing, whereas in the early game you can go all out MF.

There are some great dual sources of resist/MF, jewellery, shield (Rhyme, it really is a beautiful rune word), boots and gloves. Helmet too if your gambling goes well.

For filling the sockets, I would generally go;
SC? Resist rune rather than scintillating in most cases as you will likely have a resistance imbalance (plus, you might want it for a weapon depending on build/drops) > topaz for MF > ruby for life.
HC? Same but replace the topaz with shael runes for FHR.

I wouldn't go for a spirit shield untwinked, it's not worth it for the strength (unless you're a paladin) and in the case of a necromancer you want a necro head, anyway. I'm saying this with my HC hat on, but even on SC I'd pursue other options as a rule.

I usually go for Rhyme because it ticks so many boxes, or Splendour if you really need fcr on your shield, but it is easily gained from weapon/rings/amulet and chest (only if you're desperate, as this is a major source of MF or resists) if resists are looking good. Especially if you manage to grab it on a circlet :)

I would keep them for those unique drops or a more easily used base like an ethereal elite polearm, or even just an elite polearm if you get desperate.

Reactions: Zyr and Gynli
Check out jiansonz' guide. I don't think it exists here yet, I was going to repost it actually but I don't know if jiansonz is still around, so wouldn't want to do so without their persmission...

Yes, I migrated it and HCGunther’s guide. Truly great resources:

Edit: I noticed that I'm a bit late to the math/stats party, but I already typed it up, so meh. The last paragraph might still be useful, though.

@Swamigoon There was a time when I could have rattled off the technical answer as well as a concise example, but it seems those days are behind me. I also immediately thought of the poisson distribution, but that would be about how many 'successes' you should expect within a given number of attacks/strikes, and that doesn't matter given how Amp works. Once it procs, you don't care (practically) if it procs again. You could calculate how many hits "should" proc for every 100 attacks, but it's not useful info.

@d2lover posted a good explanation, and I'll give the short version: it's 1/p, where p is the chance to proc expressed as a decimal. The reaper's toll "should" take 3 hits to trigger. To be clear for those less math/stats-minded, terms like "should" and "expect" might have the wrong connotation. In an individual case, you should not expect the proc on every third strike/attack, but over many, many runs, the average number of attacks needed to get the first proc is 3 (sigh, 3.03030303....).

For a strafezon, WWS is great since any of the strafe arrows can proc the effect. But, as I recall, only the middle two multishot arrows can proc, so it doesn't work so well. Again, I may be wrong about proccing with MS. Relying on WWS to proc for a hunter Druid, for example, would not be at all reliable, nor would using WWS on a Rogue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Swamigoon
Almost there...next summer it will be finshed...wave.gif

Svea rike.jpg

whistling.gif
Du gamla, du fria, du djävulska spel
Du mörka men glädjerika skröna
En rad karaktärer som aldrig känns fel
Från helvetet till ängder ständigt gröna
Från öknarna till djungler ständigt gröna

Förgyllda är minnen från fornstora dar
På pränt för att läsas över jorden