Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Over the past few weeks I have run 5 toons through normal. 3 out of 5 had had the City of the Damned waypoint directly at the entrance to City of the Damned. I've noticed it on other toons as well. We're at the point now where I am usually surprised if I have to search for the waypoint. Does anyone have any insight into the maps for City of the Damned? Are there just a small few in the seed pool?

@MizzouFTW I remember Bender writting something about City of the Damned. Here you can find it. It's not a comprehensive guide about that particular map, but I think it's very helpful since it suggests a simple strategy to traverse it. As of now I don't know if anyone has found fixed tile dispossitions for this map, but in many cases one just has to know every tile from memory.

I think you were just lucky with spawns, it happens.

More importantly if anyone else is triggered by the tiling on bender's map:
hcotd01m.png
hcotd01g.png
The border tiles are very small and count as their own tiles. But the conclusion is the same as Bender's: You have to traverse the CotD in a Circle recognizing each tile you encounter and hoping you find a lot of big ones (3x3, 2x2,...) that you can then safely ignore.

I believe hyperion javelins are just as fast as harpoons, and get deeper stack sizes. However, their base throw damage isn't quite as nice as what you would get on a winged harpoon.

Are you just using the imbue quest, or will you also try using the safety weapon crafting recipe?

Hey my peoples! Been a minute. I had never given D3 a full chance and a full playthrough and I happened upon a Switch, so I bought the D3 Eternal Collection and started a WW/Rend/Call of Ancients Barbarian and am level 70(the max for some reason), several paragons in and I think roughly half way through the last act. So I haven't done any of this end game, rifting stuff that I hear is the real play of the game. But I decided to give it a chance and I had/am having fun with it. No matter how high they let me set the difficulty, which there are a crapton of levels, the game has still been super easy, only dying a few times and getting to respawn right at where you died with only a 10%(I think) hit to your durability(that I can't seem to actually find the durability of items in the game lmao) that can be repaired super cheaply. So definitely going in fresh, this game is far easier than D2 could ever be. Although playing D2 for around 20 years may have helped in that regard. But being able to change skills whenever you want and being so streamlined, easy to understand and only one point put into each skill, it makes it so you can either research online or test each skill out for yourself and have a character perfected skill wise. Where did they go wrong, lol?

D2 is still probably the greatest game ever made and D3 just doesn't have the same allure of D2 and for some odd reason they still haven't introduced PvP into a sequel game that was widely based around PvP for years?! I did not become a traitor ;).

I think I'm going to still try to see where D3 goes after I beat the campaign, but D2 will always be calling like it has for around 20 years now. I am sorry that I ghosted really quickly and I believe I may have been in the works of some trade deals before I left and apologize if I ghosted anyone on negotiations, promises or trade deals!!!! If anyone notices this and remembers that we had worked something out, I welcome you to remind me and send me an angry message if you wish, lol!

But I just wanted to say HI to everyone and I will be back on a D2 binge, I'm sure sooner than later. I had just pulled off a large trade and landed some items I couldn't get and was working on my sweet Windforce Amazon before I quit. I might get back into that, asBowzons are such a blast. Wish I could do some Bowzon PvPing again, like the old 1.09 days of class Zon warfare (Ballista<Eaglehorn<Windforce<Hacked Imp Bows eventually(grrr cheaters) with the standard Vampire Gaze and Shaftstop, running around spraying multi arrows and guided arrows where you think the person is hiding out...creeping back and forth trying to figure out where that other Amazon is. Even the new day Amazon duels are fun, although the grind of filling out 3/20/20's or other top end max damage charms (assuming not using 1.07/1.08 charms) and some of the expensive items make it a little harder to have the more even 1.09 duels.

Just felt like updating my life, I didn't die from COVID-19 or anything else and didn't quit D2 for good and certainly did not abandon my favorite ever D2 forum and group of people. I hope you all have been killing it on here and in real life, staying healthy and being happy! If any crazy, insane items have been found during my long absence, I'd love to see them! That is likely the main reason, so far anyway, that makes this game so much superior to D3 so far. The items are redundant and grow at a boring pace. The numbers spiral out of control way too quickly and the life bar/steal/per hit/per second/per kill system just doesn't make a lot of sense in the way of fun for me. It is just running around casting WW and using skills to get Rage back to keep WW and getting critical hits skyrocket into absurd numbers. If the rest of the game after the campaign is just going into dungeons or areas and killing a pile of elite monsters and getting a big pile of loot and repeating over and over... I don't see myself playing D3 for very long LOL.

Anyway share some crazy elite items, or even those once in a lifetime rare items that D2 can produce with the massive variations of mods and their numbers. And of course the super difficult uniques and runewords to accomplish.

Great to post here again and hello and hope the forum has been keep on keepin' on! Miss you all! :)

-JAMIE

Last edited:
Over the past few weeks I have run 5 toons through normal. 3 out of 5 had had the City of the Damned waypoint directly at the entrance to City of the Damned. I've noticed it on other toons as well. We're at the point now where I am usually surprised if I have to search for the waypoint. Does anyone have any insight into the maps for City of the Damned? Are there just a small few in the seed pool?

I swear at least 75% of the time, the City of the Damned WP is nearly right inside that region of the map or area. Maybe even more. It is to the point to where I expect to run into the WP and the RoF within a few seconds. But I definitely remember times where I had to spend waaayyyyyy more time than I wanted, running around trying to figure out where in the Hell the damn thing went. Sometimes skipping around it and ending up wasting tons of time killing monsters and finding something I baarely missed 5 times, lol.

Reactions: MizzouFTW
As I see the Shopping Calculator is down, does anyone have any idea how can I know which vendor has the best chances to sell Sharkskin Belts? Or where can I gamble them faster? Thank you!

Are you crafting caster belts? I normally pick them up during Trav runs.

I tried on different vendors and had the best results gambling them from Elzix and Gheed. Maybe it was just luck, but maybe they have the most chances to spawn Light Belts in the vendor window... I don't know. I'm just using all my UT barb's gold before I move everything to my main GoMule project, so I want to gamble stuff :D

Working on completing my first ever solo HC clear. Currently in A1 Hell clearing pits hoping for something decent to drop. I made an ETH Colossus Voulge Insight and had to swap the Lionheart I was wearing over to my Merc so he could use the Voulge. I put on the armor he was wearing without realizing it was eth all of a sudden I got the icon to repair. Now I'm stuck wearing 1608135001248.png
and I'm sad.

Last edited:
Working on completing my first ever solo HC clear. Currently in A1 Hell clearing pits hoping for something decent to drop. I made an ETH Colossus Voulge Insight and had to swap the Lionheart I was wearing over to my Merc so he could use the Voulge. I put on the armor he was wearing without realizing it was eth all of a sudden I got the icon to repair. Now I'm stuck wearing View attachment 61464
and I'm sad.
TAL + ETH and do it all over again 😅

• Haha
Reactions: Kinkara
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High