Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Awesome, I think I'll use Farscape to count my runs. What binge watch is your counter?

How rare is a jewel of fervor? Do all suffixes able to spawn on a jewel have an equal chance of spawning? I have a few of those, just need to know I'm not wasting them on unworthy stuff. :) I do realize they are only truly wasted if never used.

They aren't that rare. The ones you want to save for specific stuff are ones that have another mod like fire res or ed or something. Plain fervors I use kind of for whatever. I always keep a couple in reserve in case I need them for something but I use them for like low level equipment pretty frequently or whatever really.

Reactions: SirName
Yeah, plain or random prefix Jewel of Fervor is ridiculously easy... it's when you start insisting on that "Ruby" or "Scintillating" in front that it starts getting ridiculous...

Reactions: SirName
What would be the perfect Howl lvl, if one is playin HC and wants to make sure De Seis Minions get howled! Afaik it´s dependend on Clvl and Slvl?

According to Amazon Basin monster level needs to be less than character lvl + howl lvl + 1 for howl to work. Monster level in this case is 32 N, 60 Nm and 87 Hell. So pump howl accordingly if needed when you know what level you will be when you reach CS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tears85
Thanks for that Luhkoh, just what I needed. :) Looks like a bit shy of 3% of magic jewels found in Hell should be 'of fervor'.

Again me, sorry guys: Can I die during Leap attack or does it work like WW? I´m wondering as both prohibit potion use!

€: Asked a barb player on disc and he said one can die!

Last edited:
what the heck should I be doing in this game right now guys, I need some direction. I've been playing in my limited time getting some good stuff, knocked out a few grailers, found some skillers, got some runes, getting some stuff. But I got no major projects going right now and I want to play d2 but I feel like a ship without a sail. I pop onto my different characters and think what is my goal here? What am I working for? I don't really have motivation to grind out 98 on my lightning sorc. I don't really have motivation to grail grind. I been running LK but I don't really have a reason to run it. My hammerdin has been steadily rising in levels in the CS. My bowazon feels weak as hell despite being decked out it just feels slow and kills not as fast as other things. My auradin is sweet but I'm not sure what I want to do with it. My windy druid is great but I'm also not sure what I'm doin on him, I've gottim setup for MF and have been doin pit runs. GIVE ME IDEAS. I need big fun things to do.

Reactions: Luhkoh
@NorthDakota From some of the trading going on, it seems like dueling and Low Level Dueling (level 30 in this case) is gong on somewhere. If you have the internet for it, you could build some dueling characters and fight. Dueling games are fun to hang out in and fight and chill with people.

Reactions: NorthDakota
@NorthDakota this may be a bit over the top, but after your question, I kinda want to type out how I like to create and pursue my d2 goals. I think about d2 in such a way that I want to maximize the things I can do within it and enjoy. For me this means working on many goals that I think are cool all at the same time. My personal main goals categories boil down to 4 things: magic finding, rune finding, exp farming, and efficiency. Someone else could obviously add other things such as making interesting patmats/septs or playing tournament chars, or achieving other hardcore feats, but at the moment I'm not interested in those. So I have goals in the back of my head for my main categories (again someone else's categories may be different). So for mine seems easy to set the very long term goals: holy grail, runeword grail, 99er (and I also have a goal of each class to lvl 95), and some hall of records goal (for me its <2 adjeff right now). Then I try to think of the most fun, but still productive ways to work on those goals. For me this involves a lot of variety and testing of things.

Also I love this forum and the sense of community and purpose it gives to playing the game so I always make forum participation a goal too. I try to participate in the major tourneys and make myself take to time to do a lot of detailed posts of what I'm doing. This adds a lot of fun for me.

But on in the in-game goals, for example, I want to work on holy grail. Ofc barb is the best, but I would consider many other characters still quite productive for this goal, and I want to play and test a lot of characters. So I made my 1kmw thread, where I'm doing short(ish) projects with most every reasonable mf build I can think of, or at least that's the eventual goal.

I want to work on my runeword grail too. So besides participating in RFL when it comes around, I made this little runefinding tour project, which I'm finding fun and productive. Additionally back when I wanted to start a 99er, I chose to run a chaos sorc because she's much better for runes than a baal runner. And now I'm considering starting a twinked 99er hdin attempt to make further progress.

If your exp goal is a 99er ofc that offers the least variety because its a grind. But I find there can be heavy overlap with runefinding goals so I was glad to work on my sorc (not that it wasn't super tough to push thorugh sometimes). And now I'm also considering starting that hdin as I mentioned. But I also have enjoyed having an "exp sept" goal. Again in the interest of variety, I want to play all 7 classes a good bit (though druid makes that tough), so I set a goal to get all 7 classes to 95, and am a couple of weeks away from finishing that goal! This offers a lot more variety since 95 isn't so crazy tough, so you can play in alvl 85 areas on lower psettings if you don't mind taking more time, and ofc just using all 7 classes adds variety.

On the efficiency goal, I can get too caught up in this. Because for me anyways it's a tough goal, and just practicing pitzerker is surely the best way for me to get there. But since I want the variety that I keep talking about I figured I'd just play other characters and make some attempts at sub 2 during MFO and at the end of the year. We'll see how that goes!

So I thought was fun to type out and hopefully is fun to read. But as a takeaway, some suggestions for potential goals for you:
  • join the runeword grail thread
  • join my runefinding tour to work on previous idea
  • get your hdin to 97 to work on it too
  • running LK, which you seem to like a lot, will also help that along (also is a part of the runefinding tour)
  • join the holy grail thread
  • do 1000 (or 500) pits or AT runs with 5 different characters and tell us what you find and which runners you liked the most. Will work toward last idea
  • start some other project thread on forum (I get tons of satisfaction from mine)
  • get a guardian
  • make a sweet signature that includes "Creator of the Anything Goes D2 Lounge" :p
Good luck!

Last edited:
get a guardian

Luhkoh wrote a nice post, but get a guardian summons up so much! One of the main issues with SC is that it´s an endless progress. Common boyz, everyone here skilled enough to out xp penalty loss! :p

So ofc u eventually will be at the point were it´s difficult to find goals, cause why would it be a challange to find yet another grailer....it will happen eventually. So one can be Luhkoh or Griffon, enjoying the process of maximizing runspeed (and being good at it), start playin HC or quit the game.

As a combination of what Luhkoh and Kinkara wrote I´d suggest to start a Hardcore untwinked char right now! :) You can play until u hit guardian or go all the way..... just to see if u like it! :)

In order to live you must be willing to die! That´s a quote I followed whilst playin poker, but can be adapted to Diablo II. If u can´t die, u won´t live, cause u won´t play!

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthDakota
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High