Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Can someone tell those dummies at the Arreat Summit to pay their server bills? Theyve always been my go to source when I need to check stats on uniques and now the page wont load :ROFLMAO:
Yeah it’s like they allow one user at a time or something. It annoys me so much I have been thinking of making a local copy of the page as I am sort of used to where everything is found. Then I start to get ideas to improve the original consept and realize that as much as I’d like using this page I do not have the time to make it happen. Also maybe an Excel spreadsheet with everything needed would be just as good (maybe there exists one already in linked in a sticky?). But haven’t gotten around to do that either. :) Also I usually do my theorycrafting on my phone so the spreadsheet might not be the best solution after all.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
AS-page is really bad yeah. I just downloaded the whole site via HTTrack and use it when the AS page works slowly (which is often).

The PureDiablo listings is faster, and has the benefit of including D2R content.

My untwinked Blizz sorc is running Meph for essentials, which seem very slow coming. Nice map though:

Envy Meph Map 17_01_2023 18_51_31.png

The PureDiablo listings is faster, and has the benefit of including D2R content.
Bookmarked that thanks. Is there a “Set items” page too? Or “base items”?Couldn’t locate those (might be somewhere obvious I just missed).

Click the Diablo 2 info tab at the top left of the screen and then scroll down to the items section. I use the info section all of the time as a way to get to a lot of different info, though I found it more by accident than anything else.

Reactions: SirName
Is there some easy source of leech I am missing for untwinked mercs early in the game? I'm using the A2 merc with a Savage polearm. Normally I gamble circlets and hope to find something, but I just wondered if I am missing something.
Late reply, but anyway: I'm equipping my low-level mercs with Sigon's armor and helm which offer 10% life leech and also 8 attack rating per level. Low-level weapon: Dimoak's Hew until he can wear Insight in an ethereal exceptional polearm.

OK, I give up. Why do some of these D2R streamers I see always shop with graphics in legacy mode?!
Because you can shop potions (and also gamble) much faster then. Right-clicking something for buying/gambling it without confirmation has a ~1 second delay while left-clicking and pressing return for confirmation in a quick succession is much faster, but if you move the mouse cursor just a tiny bit inbetween, it won't work in resurrected mode.

• Love
Today I finally defeated hell dificulty Ancients with my orbitall (FB/FO) sorceress. 🎉

I ended up using six town portal re-rolls to get the job done. Four draws spawned either FI/CI Talic or FI/CI Korlic, and I just didn't trust my merc to be able to defeat them by himself with only SF- and TK-spam support from the sorceress. With another draw, Talic was only FI, but had a "Magic Resistant" attribute, and after failing to keep the merc alive, I wasted twenty minutes spraying frozen orbs at the whirlwinder, who was able to replenish life just as fast as my hastily-aimed orbs could cause limited damage. That Magic Resistance seemed to drastically reduce the impact of the orbs' ice bolts. But on the sixth touch of the altar, she got a trio of ancients that she managed to bring down with less than five minutes of teleporting and spell spamming.

I'm curious: what's the greatest number of Hell Ancients attempts you have rerolled before finally getting a group that you actually defeated?

I've been doing some math and testing with running Pindle vs. running Pindle+Threshsocket. By the way, Silospen run counter was messing with my times by a lot. I'm using Oskros MF run counter now, registering the runs manually, as the Automode doesn't work.

I can run Pindle /p1 with a blizzard sorc in 21,4s average with 656% MF. Using Silospen drop calc, I have a chance of getting a Griffon's Eye from him of 1:21.226. So 4,71·10^-5 chance per run, or 2,2·10^-6 chance per second.

Or I can run Threshsocket + Pindle /p1 with a lightning sorc (as TS is always cold immune) in 32,3s average with 575% MF. I have a chance of getting a Griffon's Eye from Pindle of 1:21.770 plus a chance of getting it from Thresh of 1:21.877, so 9,16·10^-5 chances per run. That's 2,84·10^-6 chance per second!

So, for me, running TS+Pindle is 1,29 times better than running Pindle alone! At least, for the purpose of getting a Griffon's Eye, that's it. Which is great, as I enjoy the variety that adding TS provides to the runs. Am I reading the data correctly?

Last edited:
@Swamigoon LOL, probably at least 15 attempts and counting with a bow wielding Druid summoner and a Rogue merc. They are still stuck there. It is not really how they spawn that's getting me it's that no matter what I try Korlic immediately leaps over everything to attack me directly. Now that I've moved on to D2R I'm going to try again and see if having access to all of my pets makes a difference or if I end up changing my merc or equiping something besides the bow.

@Swamigoon LOL, probably at least 15 attempts and counting with a bow wielding Druid summoner and a Rogue merc. They are still stuck there. It is not really how they spawn that's getting me it's that no matter what I try Korlic immediately leaps over everything to attack me directly. Now that I've moved on to D2R I'm going to try again and see if having access to all of my pets makes a difference or if I end up changing my merc or equiping something besides the bow.
You could tea using revive Maulers from a Harmony Bow, just make sure to be swiftly back at the Ancients because of the low duration 😉

Playing around on the MaxrollGG D2 Planner and noticed this--life tap from Dracul's requires human form? I was pretty sure I used Drac's on my bear sorc at times back in 1.12 and life tap triggered. I know there have been changes in D2R, but can anyone confirm if this is correct?
1675305900920.png

So it seems according to the best info I can find, a Passion wielding Dual Dream enchantress is actually ever-so-slightly faster than a Dual Dream Bearsorc in D2R, assuming you equip merc with Infinity?

According to this calculator, which seems to be reliable enough, a Bear sorc can hit a max of 8 FPS / 3.12 attacks per second with 2 dreams and Infinity on the merc.

According to this calc, an enchantress with a "Passion" phaseblade can hit 6/7/7/7/11 fps / 3.28 attacks per second.

I'm thinking since the attack speeds are virtually the same, the Bear's safety is still worth the "Beast" runeword.

Last edited by a moderator:
@BBS_Agonistes I corrected the second link.

Zeal requires less IAS though, and you actually will get a bit of physical damage from the Phase Blade. But the Zeal cycle take almost 1.5 seconds, bear you can target a single opponent. So agreed, I would probalbly take the bear myself.

So it seems according to the best info I can find, a Passion wielding Dual Dream enchantress is actually ever-so-slightly faster than a Dual Dream Bearsorc in D2R, assuming you equip merc with Infinity?

According to this calculator, which seems to be reliable enough, a Bear sorc can hit a max of 8 FPS / 3.12 attacks per second with 2 dreams and Infinity on the merc.

According to this calc, an enchantress with a "Passion" phaseblade can hit 6/7/7/7/11 fps / 3.28 attacks per second.

I'm thinking since the attack speeds are virtually the same, the Bear's safety is still worth the "Beast" runeword.
Fun fact: While I quickly decided to focus on HC in D2R, there were exactly two SC characters I forwarded upon release. No. 1 was a Paladin to quickly farm torches, no. 2 was a dual Dream Bear Sorc, just because I wanted to get the highest possible LCS damage. :cool:

Paladin took a 2os CoA and my best PCombat lifers skillers with him. Sorc had my best rolled Dreams and a bunch of life skillers as well.

Fast forward to today: Bear Sorc build pretty much butchered by patches. Even worse, not having that extra 2os CoA and PCombat skillers is kinda painful for 1.14 PvP. Played perhaps both for 30 minutes in aggregate. Great stuff. Needless to say, I haven't forwarded anything to D2R since. :D #D2RcasualHConly

Fun fact: While I quickly decided to focus on HC in D2R, there were exactly two SC characters I forwarded upon release. No. 1 was a Paladin to quickly farm torches, no. 2 was a dual Dream Bear Sorc, just because I wanted to get the highest possible LCS damage. :cool:

Paladin took a 2os CoA and my best PCombat lifers skillers with him. Sorc had my best rolled Dreams and a bunch of life skillers as well.

Fast forward to today: Bear Sorc build pretty much butchered by patches. Even worse, not having that extra 2os CoA and PCombat skillers is kinda painful for 1.14 PvP. Played perhaps both for 30 minutes in aggregate. Great stuff. Needless to say, I haven't forwarded anything to D2R since. :D #D2RcasualHConly
Wasn't sure whether to react with a sad emoji or laugh emoji. 😭

Yeah, it's sad that they nerfed the Bearsorc with the Wereform, as it was one of those crazy builds that is just a fun niche character. I had one that I used to love playing in the days of 1.12 (I think), and I knew the nerfed one wouldn't compare to my old one... but I ended up spending the runes just for nostalgia's sake. I figure an 8 FPS attack is still as fast as an Avenger, right... and I was probably just going to spend the runes on an Auradin that would have in practice played similar to any other Zealot so... why not?

I realized that with 40 offweapon IAS in D2R "Beast" runeword in a Caduceus can hit the same 8 FPS speed as the old Griswold's/Gemmed Phaseblade option but with (according to my calcs) more physical damage. So my current setup is:

-Highlords
-CoH
-LoH
-"Beast" Caduceus
-"Dream" Helm/Shield
-Arachnid Mesh
-Sandstorm Trek
-Ravenfrost + 10 FCR /life steal ring
-CtA/35 FCR Spirit on Switch

My idea was to play without a prebuff, and this keeps 86 FHR, maxed resists, 63 FCR on switch for teleporting. "Beast" on main allows for even more life boost with CtA. Plus back in the day I used Gore Riders for CB and OW, but "Beast" has more of both and the added Fanaticism aura is nice for some extra damage / AR.

So far I'm enjoying it but it helps that it's been years since I played a bearsorc so it doesn't really feel slow.

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High