Aldiabolics Anonymous - A Reintroduction Thread

Hi KStuart here

43 in the summer been playing D2 since LoD days if not longer. I def recall playing on dialup whilst at uni which was late 90's.

Gone through many spells of on/off playing and hence removal of charcters over the years. Did it the other week too cos why not plus i foresee a decent chunk of time stuck at home in the forthcoming months. Will transfer my gameplay thread over shortly. Run RWM and use gomule but other than that nothing else. Gomule is always a bit iffy too but thats more to do with figuring out how to use it properly.

Day job is a lab analyst doing environmental level radiochemistry albeit the last year or so dodging the benchwork in lieu of sorting out spreadsheets, validation reports and uncertainty budgets to met the ISO 11929 standard we are slowing rolling over too.

Reactions: PhineasB and Grisu
Hi all, it's mir

For some reason the confirmation process went wrong with my old forum name so decided to choose a new one.

As for introduction, I'm 36 years old working as QA/process engineer at metal coating factory.
Started to play D2 in 2006 (was it 1.10?) with full clears on p1 and skills distribution all over the place. Over the years, and several forums, learned more and more about the game I played the most over the years. What I find most interesting nowadays is making new chars around some underused items.

Other games include old RPG games (PS:T, Baldurs' Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Heroes 4) and football manager games.

Hello!

Hutton here- decided to change name to maximise confusion.

I was a lurker for a while on the old SPF while I was playing with the mod that must not be named. Eventually decided to start afresh and join the Untwinked 99er thread.

My HC Barbarian Terrahork is level 95, and still alive, though I will probably keep him inactive for the time being!

I have a couple of twinked characters that I only really use for tournaments or the occasional run, and as a way to use stuff I find that isn't relevant for untwinked characters. But I find in general that the latter is the most fun way to play.

As such, I have a new untwinked character, an Assassin that just reached LK Hell that I will probably add to the new 99er thread here after the first few rounds of the RFL!

Hey y’all.

personal life a little, 32. Wife and 4 kids all together. Currently working on adopting my wife’s daughter who is 15. The other 3 are 8, 3, and 2. ALL girls....lucky me. I work in construction in St Louis, MO. So with the virus pandemic I’m still working cause I install major sewer lines for the city. So yay me, I guess...idk...tried to get a job in my degree out of college in the oil fields, figured it would be easy with a bachelors in Petroleum Engineering but no jobs around missouri. Drove to Houston and Louisiana but they weren’t willing to wait for me to relocate so I decided after 3 years of trying to just go into the union trade of being a laborer. Now I’m a foreman with a company truck and next in line for the superintendent position which is nice.

I’ve been lurking and scrolling through this forum for many, many years. I’ve played this game since the original D1 including the PS1 console game. I never could bring myself to fully join this community until June of 2019. Figured I needed a place to talk and interact with other players in the single player community. I’ve played Bnet til my eyes couldn’t take it no more. Played Almost every ladder for a week or 2 til the bots take over. But I always have my single player toons waiting for me. Started fully committing to single player 5 years ago when I saw MrLlamaSC streaming it, then I noticed Dbrunski on YouTube. Then it was game on, started out with the mod that shouldn’t be mentioned, got a SC toon to hell without dying, then thought why not switch over to HC for 1toon. Then I never went back. The feeling I get while playing HC is way better than SC. I didn’t really care in SC cause it was like oh well. Just push push and then it’s over. With HC it’s like wait, think and plan, then go. So HC only for me. After getting a few cookie cutter builds to the early 90s I wanted a another challenge, so started lurking around here more things to do. I Found the Overburdened Tournament which was fun. Made it to Hell Pindleskin and bit the dust. RIP Captain America the Avenger Paladin. Now I started the Journey of 7 untwinked toons to guardian, playing in the RFL for the first time as well. Many more adventures to come.

Well time for me to re-introduce...

Getting back to D2
After a quite long D3 period, that I awaited for sooooo long after my early years of D2, even making the two last battle.net D2 seasons before D3 launch, I couldn't be more disappointed with that game at start...I gave it back a chance after RoS, and that was clearly better, even if endgame is boring as possible from my point of view.

So I got back to D2, and started to be a part of this community a long year ago, 26th of January 2019 - I thought one year earlier!

After about 7 months, I fcked up my installation by trying to make things work for previous patches on Win 10, and had a clean restart late 2019.

A new journey
Paladin is my heart bounded class, but I do like to have some variety. I started thanks to the restart to have part of my journey to be HC, starting with... a Paladin ;)

Now rebuilding variety, I discover Zerkers - I never made one - go untwinked with sorc and amazon twins, and try to complete a sept of HC characters by the end of next year, targeting 3 for 2020, while rebuilding it all. Usually I have at least a dozen of gaming time per week, sometimes I push up a bit more, like for tournaments.

Real life misc
IRL i'm an IT software developer, 35yo, a kid of almost 2 and half the time another kid aged almost 10 my girlfriend already had. Two boys, one shall become a Diablo fan one day if they don't mess up with D4 ;) #IWantToBelieve

Last edited:
HI guys, I´m 35 years old Daniel. Gaming was my life when I was younger, but ppl believed in rl back than. So I spend my WEs getting drunk in bad clubs instead of playing WC3 or D2. Remember that I loved the WEs when I could stay at home. Played D2 first time as total noob before LoD was released. Every char was a meteor sorc! ^^ Played alot of Classic aswell, as I loved flying through CS with 8ppl total splitting. Kinda lost my 100% legit along the way, btw. legit was for me what I did! ~~ So it´s good to be 100% legit again.

Along with the rl drinking came drugs, and along side drugs came psychosis! That´s why I wrote due to lucky or unlucky circumstances I´m a fulltime gamer. In the end, and I hope this doesn´t sound too selfish, the german social care is quit good, and when I´m totally honest I prefer being a psychotic fulltime gamer over doing a job I hate as it was when I was younger. This being said, most likely I will work a few hours in the addiction department starting my school in autumn!

Hope no1 is too shocked and ss!

Reactions: Grisu and Babyhell
HI guys, I´m 35 years old Daniel. Gaming was my life when I was younger, but ppl believed in rl back than. So I spend my WEs getting drunk in bad clubs instead of playing WC3 or D2. Remember that I loved the WEs when I could stay at home. Played D2 first time as total noob before LoD was released. Every char was a meteor sorc! ^^ Played alot of Classic aswell, as I loved flying through CS with 8ppl total splitting. Kinda lost my 100% legit along the way, btw. legit was for me what I did! ~~ So it´s good to be 100% legit again.

Along with the rl drinking came drugs, and along side drugs came psychosis! That´s why I wrote due to lucky or unlucky circumstances I´m a fulltime gamer. In the end, and I hope this doesn´t sound too selfish, the german social care is quit good, and when I´m totally honest I prefer being a psychotic fulltime gamer over doing a job I hate as it was when I was younger. This being said, most likely I will work a few hours in the addiction department starting my school in autumn!

Hope no1 is too shocked and ss!

Each life has its own truth, each path its own milestones. One thing we all have in common : Act 2 Diablo waypoint ;)

Reactions: Grisu and Tears85
Hi all! I don't think I've done an introduction thread on the SPF before, so thanks for putting this up. Lovely to see you all and read your stories.

Some friends introduced me to Diablo II in around 2009-2010 and got me hooked. I started on Battlenet, but found the SPF quickly and have played SP since then, spurred on by the wealth of inspiration and knowledge I found in the SPF. I have come back every few years since then to poke my head in. : )

Everybody seems to have their pet projects in Diablo II, and mine is LLD (low level duelling), which is kind of a funny thing to get into on the SPF, but the PvP scene was bigger back then. The refinement of the builds and farming for perfect gear is what satisfies me (fotunately, as there aren't many opponents around :p). I originally used to duel with jdkerr who was a great teacher and good guy (hope you're well wherever you are!). More recently (in the last few years) I have played with crawlingdeadman, who is another excellent person and great LLDer.

Since I've built a few more chars over the last couple of years, I might put up a little thread about them soon! Maybe I can even drum up some competition ... 😄

Anyway, I'm off to bed now. Goodnight!

Reactions: PhineasB and Grisu
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High