A question about IAS Breakpoints, particularly for a Bowzon that uses Strafe and Multi/FA/GA

No compensation required (also playing self found) :) I like helping people out especially if I learn something new in the process (or refresh something I forgot). My only concern is giving bad / wrong advice so I'm glad SirName jumped in.

As far as imbues, this looks like a good source. tldr; version, character level matters, unless you imbue diadems. For those, you can even use a level 8 character and still have a chance to roll any suffix/prefix. Before you get all hyped about creating many lvl 8 chars for imbuing, take into account that white diadems are very hard to find.

I'll second SirName on player settings. More is always better unless it slows you down, with hunting set/unique items in area runs being the exception. You do those on p1 because player settings do not influence unique/superunique (pidleskin, etc.) or champion monster drops.
p1/p8/p3 is standard for Baal runs. You don't kill Baal on more than p3 because it's enough to significantly reduce his no-drop chance and the experience he gives is capped so you only prolong the fight by using anything over p3.

The "Low Quality Rare Item" in the formula's description is there because it degrades the ilvl of the item with each roll, but diadems are not affected by this due to their high quality level. Therefore the recipe can be freely applied to a rare diadem any number of times, but only to diadems.

@SirName
@Albatross

Thank you very much!!! Great info!!! I now know that I will spend all of my Trav Gold finding from my level 92 Zealdin, on gambling Circlets and Coronets until I get something I am happy with. I will probably make a trade thread to let everybody in the trading circuit know that I am searching for a 2 socketed Amazon Hat that has some pretty good stats and am fishing for something really good in that department and also am looking to trade for White Diadems to Imbue and Rare Diadems to reroll in the Cube.

I have also thought about something that might make this search a lot less painful and also pit me with a much, much better Amazon Helmet. If I go with an ED/IAS Jewel in the Windforce, I can use a 1 socketed Amazon Helm and put a Ed/Ias Jewel in that and seeing how 1 socketed Circlets,etc are more common, it would be much, much easier to find one that has very good mods on it and it would be cheaper than a 2 socketed one with good mods. I would have to decide if I want to settle for the 1 socketed Circlet, as opposed to a 2 socketed one that offers me that much more enhanced damage and feels a lot more end game/elite, like I am looking for lol, and also this would drop quite a bit of enhanced damage from the OHM I was going to put in the Windforce. So I think it would have to be a reeeally good Amazon Circlet with 1 socket, if I were to settle for 1 socket and the trade offs of having to get 15 IAS in my Windforce as well.

I know there is always the option of going with 3 socketed helm like I have, but an upgrade. That would allow me to OHM the WF and to use a rare amulet if I wanted, but I think Cat's Eye and Highlord's are as good as any rare, really.

Is Highlord's a lot better than Cat's Eye for a Bowazon? I am wondering because I am in the middle of negotiating a trade with someone and they have a Highlord's Amulet and I don't know if I should try to trade for it or be content with my Cat's Eye. I haven't been able to find a Highlord's Amulet on my own yet, for some crazy reason, but I'm sure I eventually will. I didn't know if the +1 Skills and Deadly Strike (which from what I seem to recall, doesn't stack with Crictical Strike. Both are checked seperately. So as of now, a little over 50% Critical Strike is checked for. With Highlord's, I'd have whatever my Critical Strike is at checked (probably in the 50-60 range, maybe a little higher depending on how I go on from the level 84 I am at) and then have Deadly Strike checked from Highlord's, which only maxes out at 37% at level 99. So I would be getting likely just over 50%CS and then 32%-37%DS depending on what level I am at. I know Crushing Blow is halved( I think?) for ranged attacks, but Deadly Strike am I correct in believing that it is taken in whole value form? If not, I definitely think Cat's Eye would be the way to go. I still think the Faster Run Walk and Dexterity from Cat's Eye, might be close enough to being equal to the times that Deadly Strike triggers and Critical Strike doesn't, to not worry about trading for it, maybe keeping Cat's Eye permanently or just waiting to find it one day.

So that puts me back to either 2 socket helm or 1 socket helm+ED/IAS Jewel in Windforce, with me MUCH preferring the 2 socketed route. Sorry, thinking out loud as I go with this one lol. I have a +3 Passive and Magic Skills+65 Life Circlet that I have in my stash to prebuff Valkry, that I could attempt to get 2 sockets on and ED/IAS them. But I think that it probably isn't a good enough option to waste the expenses of using ED/IAS Jewels on that and would not satisfy my lust for this Rare/2 socketed/Amazon Circlet style helmet that I can put really good jewels in and know I will never have to switch helms on my Bowazon again, as I try to level her out...

SOOOOOOOOOOO, when I get around to doing it, make the trade thread incase somebody already has this circlet sitting out there and to get the raw ones to imbue and cube. Do Trav runs a lot over the coming time period with my Zealdin and gamble on Circlets and Coronets nonstop. I would be so stoked if I could get super lucky and find my own, but I am guessing I will need the assistance of this community's stashes to find something worthy of that slot and jewels I will have to pay for.

Everyone who posted here has been of great help in guiding me in my quest to make a worthy Bowazon, for the first time since when I was in Jr. High or maybe early High School, all the way back when 1.09 was the current patch lol.

Is Highlord's a lot better than Cat's Eye for a Bowazon?

It is, the deadly strike easily beats 25 dex from Cat's Eye and you get an extra +skills and decent lightning resistances on top. FRW you might value more or less, I feel a bowie doesn't need to move as much when shooting from the backline.

Deadly Strike (which from what I seem to recall, doesn't stack with Crictical Strike. Both are checked seperately

They don't, but it still works nicely. Exact math posted by Stephan:

Complete chance to double damage is:

DD% = 100 - (1-DS%/100)*(1-CSm%/100)*(1-CSa%/100)*100%

Where

DD% = total percentage to double damage
DS% = percentage of deadly strike
CSm% = percentage of critical strike from a weapon mastery
CSa% = percentage of critical strike from the amazon skill.

Can't help with your socketing dilemma, but I bet you'll find another Ohm (or 5 :) ) before you manage a really good circlet.

Reactions: Jamie
To add to what others have said:

• Gambling is indeed the best way to get raw numbers of rare circlets. [Focuing on Coronets in the gamble screen will net more Tiara & Diadem bases (Circlets upgrade to Coronets, Coronets upgrade to Tiaras/Diadems)] <EDIT: not accurate, see @art_vandelay post below.>
  • Socket affixes are infrequent on circlet-type helms, due both to affix 'weight' and to it being such a massive list of affixes to pick from. (It's less likely to spawn for any one given generation, and even when it could, there is a lot of competition for that one affix 'pick')
  • Rolling on Diadems with the 6xPSkull formula is the most reliable way to get that !!!JACKPOT!!! helm... the same way playing the lottery is the most reliable way to become instantly wealthy. (Actually that is misleading... looking at sheer numbers, you have slightly better odds hitting the lottery jackpot, but the roll on the Diadem is much cheaper and near-infinitely reproducible, so.... yeah)
  • Rare Tiaras can be upgraded to Diadems via the Ko+Pul+PAmethyst cube formula. This will quite possibly be your best source for rare Diadems as, in my experience, RNG likes to make Diadems 'almost really good'. (I usually have a hard time rerolling those until I have something similar AND better, but you may be more discerning.)

Most of this comes from direct experience... I actually have a write-up/text-dump from my latest foray into rerolling Diadems this pushed me to go ahead and post. I'll go ahead and spoil a bit of that so you know what you're in for: 630 PSkulls burnt, nothing particularly worth the trouble (and none of the 'keepers' had 2os).

Last edited:
Reactions: art_vandelay
Gambling is indeed the best way to get raw numbers of rare circlets. [Focuing on Coronets in the gamble screen will net more Tiara & Diadem bases (Circlets upgrade to Coronets, Coronets upgrade to Tiaras/Diadems)]

Actually Circlets upgrade to Tiaras/Diadems but clicking on a Circlet in the Gamble Screen will never net you a Coronet/Tiara/Diadem. For the why see RTB's post here:
This is only relevant if you want Tiaras/Diadems in order to reroll or to have a shot at 3os headgear.

Reactions: Jamie and zemaj
@zemaj Using a Pul on Tiaras, for each one being quite a rare chance of spawning what I actually want, although very possibly a valuable Diadem that doesn't fit my Amazon needs, but winds up being a great Diadem for a different class that I can trade for items I need or currency style items (runes, etc) and maybe parlay that into getting the Amazon Circlet/Coronet(I really hope if I land or trade for something great, it isn't an ugly Coronet LOL)/Tiara/Diadem that I really want for my build.

I may be wrong and I do not know the numbers, but am I correct in thinking that I will be able to get enough Diadems and high enough level Tiaras(I had a bad, long week and forgot what I researched and don't remember if Tiaras were high enough to do the recipe with them) by constantly gambling them with lots of gold via my Travincal Runs? I forgot the odds of a gambled Coronet turning out to be a Rare Diadem, but I hope it is enough to not have to waste Ko+Pul Runes frequently just to do the Cube recipe. I imagine rare Diadems won't pop up super often, with Coronet and Tiara likely popping up more often and then when the Diadem does appear, it has to be Rare. I guess I will find out how patient I can be doing mad Trav Runs, but I don't really have the rune wealth to constantly spend Pul+Ko Runes on making an item that has a good chance of being something I don't need.

But I just had a realization on something. My mind has been dead this last week and a half. I can keep reusing the same Diadem over again for the recipe, right? HAHA. I am getting old or something, or just haven't ever embarked on a journey like this. Used to doing Crafted items in this format and those obviously can't be reused. Of course some Diadems will probably be some that I want to keep, but I just realized I don't need a new one every single time. Phewwwwwwww.

@Albatross
@zemaj
@art_vandelay

Everyone who provided information and has been helping me greatly to create one of my favorite types of characters from the 1.09 era. Helping me with the theories and lanes to get this done, has been a great help. A lot of new things I haven't tried. I know information exists already, but I LOVE having real time conversations with people and being able to task specific questions and get the ideas, facts and opinions of people in real time as I have more questions. That is why I hate when people say, "Google it!" or "There are already posts about it!" Many of those are from early 1.10 and many don't answer specific questions, don't hold up over time and don't have the personal feel and touch to it. I can't express how much I greatly appreciate all of you intelligent people, willing to answer my questions all of the time without complaints or trying to redirect me in a snide way. It makes things so much easier for me to understand, to the direct point, with different viewpoints and preferences to think about and without looking down on me for not knowing the information or not wanting to find old writing or information on the subject.

That is what makes this place great. While I still often miss the real time interactions with people on server play, this place more than makes up for it and is filled with some of the brightest, number oriented, kindest D2 lovers that makes me feel like a part of a family. I hope, willing my internet or a hotspot is capable of playing in a game without too much lag, that I can get some people wanting to do game playthroughs or joint MF runs and enjoy having at least one person to shoot the shiz with while we play. I promise, I don't ramble on in game like I do on the message boards.. LOL.. I just type what comes to my mind on here.

Any leads to members with some good Amazon Hats, that hopefully have 2 sockets, I will owe a great debt too. I'm sure any really good ones are not something that are going to be up for grabs or trade, but hopefully there are some ones that the wealthier on here consider temps and I could get my hands on them! Any other advice on good ways to go about creating one of these is appreciated as well. Hopefully I can get going on that soon!

@zemaj Using a Pul on Tiaras, for each one being quite a rare chance of spawning what I actually want, although very possibly a valuable Diadem that doesn't fit my Amazon needs, but winds up being a great Diadem for a different class that I can trade for items I need or currency style items (runes, etc) and maybe parlay that into getting the Amazon Circlet/Coronet(I really hope if I land or trade for something great, it isn't an ugly Coronet LOL)/Tiara/Diadem that I really want for my build.
I think you were getting to a point/specific question then got distracted? It may just be me reading this wrong...
I may be wrong and I do not know the numbers, but am I correct in thinking that I will be able to get enough Diadems and high enough level Tiaras(I had a bad, long week and forgot what I researched and don't remember if Tiaras were high enough to do the recipe with them) by constantly gambling them with lots of gold via my Travincal Runs?
No, Tiaras do not have high enough qlvl+mlvl to be infinitely good for rolling high-end gear with the 6pskull formula, they still need high ilvl to get the most desired affixes, which the formula degrades.

Yes, depending on your tastes for Trav runs, you can absolutely farm the gold to gamble the circlets for bases, and get quite a few pskulls in the process. Also worth mentioning it may be worthwhile to stash any junk magic circlets that spawn with ilvl>90 for rerolling with the 3pgem formula, which does not degrade ilvl (for 3os/30frw, +2(+3)/20fcr, etc).

Reactions: Jamie
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High