A newbie's delve into single player Diablo II

Beckkeyi

Dec 25, 2020
Hi lovely people!

My name is Beckkeyi, or Rebakah-Jane if you ask my parents. I live in the lovely land of Australia with my Daddy and my son in our corner of the world. I'm a stay at home mum while my Daddy works. I love gaming, though only recently got into it. I've been playing HEAPS of TFT and Diablo. I'd love to make new friends!

I started my love of Diablo with Diablo 3, but the novelty wore off and I found myself rarely playing anymore. Loot was too easy to find each season, builds kept getting more and more powerful, GR 100+ was no longer a challenge. One of my D3 friends suggested I try Diablo 2, so I did. I fell in love. I've been on Bnet for about 4 months but am a little over the constant push, push, push in groups and I want to do things at my own pace. I discovered the old SPF when I went looking for a single player community, and it led me here. After a fair bit of reading and a bit of thinking I've decided there's no better place to be!

I love playing HC, so that's my intention here too. Self found is also my style of play so I'll be doing that also. I shall make my first SP character tonight, still unsure what it'll be but I'm excited to get started. I hope to chat to you all sometime soon!

Welcome! Please enjoy the bar, have a drink (put it on Durf's tab, he won't mind) and may your drops be green and golden!

What's your preferred char, if any?

Thanks Em! Hard to say as D2 playstyle is so very different to D3 though I started a Necromancer tonight and am enjoying the summoner route at the moment. Looking forward to exploring many many builds though.

Reactions: Babyhell
Thanks Em! Hard to say as D2 playstyle is so very different to D3 though I started a Necromancer tonight and am enjoying the summoner route at the moment. Looking forward to exploring many many builds though.
Excellent choice! I always restart with a summoner necro called DeadLarry... Think I have made 7 of them by now

Reactions: skiffcz
Welcome! Self found/untwinked characters are the best.

What kind of summoner are you going to build, skeletons, golem, revives, everything at once?

Thanks Maltatai! I really enjoy finding loot, so self found feels very satisfying. I'm using skeletons at the moment but will no doubt make use of revives and golems too.

Welcome! It's always great to see a new face around here!

And since no one else has done it yet....

<kicks shins>
<steals wallet>

Stay safe in HC, and have loads of fun!

Looking forward to reading more of your posts, Beckkeyi!

Welcome! It's always great to see a new face around here!

And since no one else has done it yet....

<kicks shins>
<steals wallet>

Stay safe in HC, and have loads of fun!
Thanks Vildecor, I feel right at home!

Really appreciate your help in the technical help thread too.

Looking forward to reading more of your posts, Beckkeyi!
Thanks Swamigoon! Really enjoying both the game and the community so far, makes me feel really good

Welcome to the SPF @Beckkeyi (y)

I plan to post a single-pass HC tourney idea in the next week or so, and since you're HC, I hope you'll consider joining. After feedback, I hope to open the tourney by mid-January.

Welcome to the SPF! Glad you found your way here - it is really great to see new people join from time to time! It keeps the game and the SPF alive!

I hope you enjoy your stay and I wish you all the best in RL and D2! Make sure to try out one of the tournaments (@PhineasB: looking forward to your torunament idea - as long as it is single pass xD) if you like HC self-found! They are usually awesome, although participation numbers have dropped over the last 20 years 🙈

OT: may I ask how old your son is? Is he already playing D2? ;-) my girls are 9 and 6,and the older one is absolutely into fantasy things like myself (board games, RPGs, PC, books). I still won't let her play D2 though 😝

Welcome to the SPF @Beckkeyi (y)

I plan to post a single-pass HC tourney idea in the next week or so, and since you're HC, I hope you'll consider joining. After feedback, I hope to open the tourney by mid-January.
Sounds great! I'll be sure to keep an eye out. Feel free to let me know when it's up :)

Welcome to the SPF @Beckkeyi

We don’t traditionally kick shins of EUs :)
Thanks Max! Not quite sure what EU is about, but I'll be sure to armour my shins around here.

Welcome to the SPF! Glad you found your way here - it is really great to see new people join from time to time! It keeps the game and the SPF alive!

I hope you enjoy your stay and I wish you all the best in RL and D2! Make sure to try out one of the tournaments (@PhineasB: looking forward to your torunament idea - as long as it is single pass xD) if you like HC self-found! They are usually awesome, although participation numbers have dropped over the last 20 years 🙈

OT: may I ask how old your son is? Is he already playing D2? ;-) my girls are 9 and 6,and the older one is absolutely into fantasy things like myself (board games, RPGs, PC, books). I still won't let her play D2 though 😝
Thanks Grisu! I am loving the game and am slowly progressing. I will be playing anytime life allows :) My son is 9, he hasn't played D2 yet but is certainly interested in it.

From the Community & Links sticky:
Introduction threads
If you have just joined, or re-joined after an extended break, please (re)introduce yourself. Let us know what characters you like, how you came to the game and maybe a bit about yourself in RL (Real Life). As much or as little as you like. And then make sure you've got some shin protectors. Shin kicking is part of the SPF initiation ceremony. Remember though; we do not kick the shins of Elite Uniques.

As with most gaming forums, women are in a minority. This is maybe a bit old fashioned these days, but then so is the game too. Due to their rarity, women were referred to as Elite Uniques, as in the class of magic items. The much more common male members were GBPs - Green Breast Plates. Someone called Waimea started this, before my time I think.

Thanks so much for explaining that bit of forum lore, @maxicek ! I was unaware of EUs and GBPs.

I've been suffering for a while with chronic Isenhart's Cases. (Checking... ... yep, I'm male. 😝 And my shins are still a bit sore. 😒 )

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High