A Grand (Re)Introduction Thread! (Feel free to jump in!)

Serdash

Jun 24, 2003
So. I feel like I'm a bit out of touch with my old home here at the SPF. It's been many years and I've checked back very sporadically, but only recently have I started actually playing D2 on a regular basis again and finding myself trolling around these parts. I figured I would re-introduce myself. Especially since I see a lot of faces around here I don't even recognize. And I figured if people want to use this thread as one big happy (re)introduction thread, awesome! If there's already one of these, I clearly didn't look that hard!

So hey y'all! I'm Serdash. 👋

I've been playing Diablo 2 since release date, and haven't gotten sick of it yet. Burned out a couple of times? Sure. But sick of it? Hardly. I've been hanging around these forums since... gosh... the early 2000's or so? It's been quite a long time. Jeeze, I haven't introduced myself on forums in a really long time either. What do I even put in these? What's that? I just ramble incoherently? Great!

I spend a lot of my time nowadays staying at home and avoiding whoever it is that keeps teleporting around the world casting poison nova trying to kill everyone. This has given me a little free time to play some D2 (although not a ton since I"m an essential employee working from home) and try to pick up on some new projects in the game. I at some point during my moves from Indiana -> Florida -> Nebraska -> Oklahoma lost some stuff from my glory days, but I found some old backups of backups that have a lot of decent items on them (Still have my BotD, Infinity, etc) but not everything. Luckily before I even found those backups of backups I created a few new characters and ran through the game to build back up an inventory.

In normal life I"m just a dude living in central Oklahoma, working for the University of Oklahoma doing contract work with the state as a Quality Analyst for public programs like SNAP, Childcare Subsidy, Energy Assistance programs, etc. I have three dogs, two cats, one wife, two legs, two arms, a face, some other features, idk use your imagination to figure out what a person looks like. I play some videogames(mostly really old ones like D2), D&D, I LARP (Amtgard/Dagorhir) and I love drinking craft beer from all kinds of different places (Porters and Stouts and Porters and Stouts and Porters and Stouts, IPA go away).

Current projects in D2:
-Found a Ber rune recently doing some Pindleskin runs, never made an Enigma before, so hunting down a Jah rune with Travincal runs.
-Creating an untwinked 2h Axe wielding amazon. Back in the day the Tankazon was by far one of my favorite builds to play through the game on. But I did it with BotD/Stormshield/etc, and I was stuck in D/A/E and Block animation so frequently it took some of the fun out of it. So I'm doing a 2h axe one to avoid that pesky block animation. There will be quite a few hurdles and challenges since she's untwinked, but that's part of the fun. I may break down and give her a couple of nice things in hell if I have too much difficulty, though. (But once again, where's the fun in that?)
-Build back up a good stash of items. Holy grail? Maybe. Doubt I have time to dedicate to it, but enough random items to build some fun new characters

Non-D2 Projects:
-One day, ONE DAY, be able to play D&D again. My wife is running a campaign where I'm playing a sassy rich-boy Warlock named "Ecoli Cdc" (Yes, that's E. Coli, and his last name is essentially "Center for Disease Control", I'm so witty. He has a familiar named Penicillin which is pronounced puh-nih-suh-lun). And in turn I'm also running a campaign for her and a couple of other friends. But plague has indeed put a huge halt on things since running games remotely is a nightmare.
-I eventually need to schedule an appointment to get a surgery on my right shoulder. I have an injury from LARP-ing (who would've thought foam swords could be so dangerous?) which resulted in a torn labrum, luckily it's minor and not a required surgery, but man it would be nice to be able to have not random pain now and again.
-Planning a wedding. Originally I was supposed to have my wedding on 6/27, but... well... *gestures at everything* and then we reschedule to November 7th, but I live in the United States where we apparently embrace the plague and ingrain it into our society, so the November date got thrown out since the venue had to cancel on us, so we're back to square one on... pretty much everything.

Man I uh... I guess that's it? Like I said, feel free to (re)introduce yourself here! Or wherever the heck you want. I'm not your real dad, I can't tell you what to do.

O hi there! One simply does not really leave this place, it appears. Welcome back *re-kicks shins* and enjoy your stay :)

Welcome! What a cool beard!! And is your name then referring to Sir Dash(ing)? Seeing how you like to play with words... :)

Good luck with the wedding. And D2 of course...

Welcome! What a cool beard!! And is your name then referring to Sir Dash(ing)? Seeing how you like to play with words... :)

Good luck with the wedding. And D2 of course...
My name is just a string of letters I put together at one point for an internet handle (I think it was one of my b.net accounts for D2 maybe?) that just stuck. It has no deeper meaning than how I've been identifying myself over the internet for some large sum of years.

Serdash, you old dawg! Welcome back! I never knew you were playing D&D and LARP as well! Maybe I didn't read the old forum posts well enough after all... :unsure:

I am a bit confused though: You said you have one wife but a wedding planned... So... wife #2? ;)

I myself miss RPG a lot, too, and I hope I will habe more time in the future for it. We have tried playing via video chat, but it is not the same as meeting in person. Have you tried it that way, too?

Haven't played LARP since my teenage years though... Will probably not get back into it, esp. After reading about your shoulder incident :rolleyes:

Looking forward to hearing and reading from you! May your drops be green and golden (and orange nowadays, too...)!

Maybe he still has the receipt from wife 1 so he can exchange her?

..and hi dash *waves*

• Haha
Reactions: Serdash
Serdash, you old dawg! Welcome back! I never knew you were playing D&D and LARP as well! Maybe I didn't read the old forum posts well enough after all... :unsure:

I am a bit confused though: You said you have one wife but a wedding planned... So... wife #2? ;)

I myself miss RPG a lot, too, and I hope I will habe more time in the future for it. We have tried playing via video chat, but it is not the same as meeting in person. Have you tried it that way, too?

Haven't played LARP since my teenage years though... Will probably not get back into it, esp. After reading about your shoulder incident :rolleyes:

Looking forward to hearing and reading from you! May your drops be green and golden (and orange nowadays, too...)!

So we ended up getting the actual married part out of the way on paper (reap them tax benefits, baby!), but the actual big ceremony and party and all that (you know, the fun part!) got all screwed up.

We've tried doing D&D via Zoom or using things like Roll20 but it's a nightmare to try and organize. A lot of us are very tactile players and we like having the miniatures and everything we can move around.

My LARP injury was honestly a big fluke. It was a tournament setting so people were moving faster and a little more recklessly, I took a step, they took a step, we were way too close when he swung and it smashed me in the shoulder. I would have been fine if I left it alone, I thought the soreness in my shoulder was from the giant bruise that was there (I mean, some of it probably was), and kept fighting for a while. After a few months of it still giving me issues I went and got it checked out and here I am still. Plus, you're not in the US, right? LARP over there is probably more friendly than here. Us boffer larpers here in the US are weird.

Reactions: Grisu
Welcome back!

Oh, and welcome to Oklahoma. As many times as I’ve tried, I’ve never been able to escape this state.
I've been here going on four years now. I'm in Norman so it's not terrible overall.

We plan on escaping, we're using the low cost of living here to pay off debt (she's a psychologist and doctorates are expensive) and then we plan on finding our forever place.

Reactions: Vildecor
Welcome back, dude! *waves across the state line from Texas*

Don't forget your shin guards and squid repellant, etc etc. Watermoon made cookies. ...Maybe like a decade ago, though, so you might want a few libations from the EMB before you dig in...

As always, best of luck in D2 and RL. Glad to have another oldie back for more! :cool:

Reactions: Serdash
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High