• A quick note to everyone that your accounts function on all the "Pure" sites and forums. Your universal login will allow you to post in your main community forum whether it be Diablo, Cyberpunk 2077, or PureDMG. Your account also allows you to login to their respective main websites for comment posting. Simple!

8K AT Runs: In Pursuit of Fathom

Neck Romancer

Mar 18, 2020
Australia
I am currently doing 8000 Ancient Tunnel runs, expressly to find a Deaths Fathom. I have done 12k~ trying to find one before. 4k and 8k seperately, to no avail. This thread is in the same vein as my 10K Pindle Runs Thread which was essentially a quest for a Griffons Eye, which was sucessful as i hope this one will be. My plan (might change my mind) is to run 8k AT runs if i find a Fathom earlier and if i dont find one within 8k runs, to run until i do.

The purpose of this thread is to track the results in my pursuit for a Fathom. I will update finds every 1k runs. At the end i will edit this first post and give a list of every set unique found and their quantities. I will give run numbers for every Archon staff/Unearthed Wand/Caduceus/Bloodlord Skull/Dimensional Shard and Sacred Armor found from Uniques/Champ packs. I will also give run numbers for every high rune found. I think i will give some averages as well.

Aim:
8 000 Ancient Tunnel Runs

Start Date:
21st February 2020

Goal Attained:
28th March 2020

Character: Sorceress
Build: Blizzard

Gear:
Helmet: Shako w/ P.Topaz (74 MF)
Armor: Tal Rasha's Guardianship w/ P.Topaz (112 MF)
Amulet: Mara's Kaleidoscope
Weapon: The Oculus w/ Ist (80 MF)
Shield: Spirit Rune word
Boots: War Traveler (48 MF)
Belt: Arachnid Mesh
Ring: Nagelring (26 MF)
Ring: The Stone of Jordan
Gloves: Frost Burns (Upgraded)

Gheeds Fortune: (40 MF)
Small Charms: (80 MF)

Total MF = 460

Merc:
Type: Defiance
Gear:
Steal Skull
Fortitude Rune Word
Tomb Reaver 1 OS (1 Perfect Skull)

I think thats it. Remember to watch for my Edit of this post once the task is fulfilled. Ive copied this post from DII Forums to transfer it here.

Last edited:

Neck Romancer

Mar 18, 2020
Australia
TC 87s so far:

2 Griffons Eye
1 Windforce
1 The Grandfather
1 Mang Songs Lesson
1 Ghost Flame
3 Mavinas TS
1 Griswolds Valor
1 Griswolds Redemption
2 Storm Spire
1 Crown of Ages
2 Gargoyles Bite
2 Immortal Kings Armor
2 Bul Kathos Tribal Guardian
1 Bul Kathos Sacred Charge
1 Steel Rend

This is the results of the first 3000 runs. I will update every 1000 runs as per the DII forums. 3600 runs done so far.

Neck Romancer

Mar 18, 2020
Australia
3001-4000:

Started off with my 5th Set Diadem. Nearly 200 runs in and a Steel Pillar dropped. Another 100 or so runs and the 5th high rune dropped, Ist, a double. Not long after and the third Griffons eye fell, before you get jealous they all have bad-average rolls. Would rather 1 good one. A little over half way through and i completed the diadem/corona/og.gaunt/myr.greave set of uniques with a Shadow Dancer, they are ethereal. Not long after this a unique Sacred armor from a minion dropped. 3710 saw the 5th high rune a Gul. 11 runs after and i got a Natalyas Mark. Last drop at about 3800 runs another Tyraels... jk Templars dropped from a boss pack. My 5th unique Sacred Armor ever.

1 Magic dimensional shard dropped near the end.

Notable drops:
Andariels Visage, Vampire Gaze, Shaftstop, Skullders, Arachnid Mesh, Tals Guardianship x2, Titans Revenge, Spirit Keeper, War Trav

Attachments

Neck Romancer

Mar 18, 2020
Australia
4001-5000

Started off with a high rune, another Vex 40 runs in. 37 runs in and another another Vex, number 4. A bit under 300 runs produced my second Unique Legend Spike. Not long after and the second set Corona, Griswolds Valor. Run 4452 saw a nice drop with an average roll of +1 +2 +3, Darkforce Spawn. 14 runs after and the third Gargoyles Bite. About half way through and the third Ghost Flame dropped. Run 4600, the last run of a 40 run segment, gave me a much coveted Jah Rune!. 50 or so runs after and an Ist was gained. A little under a hundred runs gave a second Natalyas Mark. Nothing for the rest of the runs... that is until run 4968. The fervently desired Deaths Fathom was finally surrendered to end the 1000 run segment!

I am very happy! I was complaining about too many champ packs when they were the ones to cough up the trophy. I will now be finishing my remaining 3k runs slowly and at my leisure. Which means, unlike today with 240 runs, i will be doing 40-80 runs a day.

This 1000 runs saw 7 Dimensional Shards dropped! Which is a lot. Usually i expect 1-2 per 1000.

Notable Drops:
Aldurs Deception, Heavens Light *Grailer, Alma Negra, Harlequin Crest, Wolfhowl, 2x Ormus Robes, Ondals Wisdom *Grailer, Arachnid Mesh

The Roll:

Death's Fathom
Dimensional Shard
One-Hand Damage: 30 to 53
Durability: 38 of 50
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 73
Orb Class - Slow Attack Speed
Unidentified
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x2c69ca0c
Fire Resist +26%
Lightning Resist +30%
+3 to Sorceress Skill Levels
20% Faster Cast Rate
+22% to Cold Skill Damage

Attachments

Last edited:

Neck Romancer

Mar 18, 2020
Australia
Thanks guys, feels good to acheive something after much repetition. Maybe ill build a Trav sorc eventually, but i will start using it with my blizz sorc after the project. After this im building a Pitzerker, than maybe a Wind Druid and some kind of Paladin.

5001-6000
Came in after a few measly runs with a Grandfather. 200 or so runs later a really big drop came, the other rare Deaths item, D.Web. Very unfortunately the roll is 1/40/7/7 ... lowest possible roll. Not long after my first Ohm rune (for this project) came. Shortly after my 4th or 5th set diadem. About 5400 runs in produced i think my 3rd Ghostflame. IKs armour at 5600. Windforce 42 runs after that. A unique corona 5700 runs in. Its somewhat annoying to get the same item all the time, but i shouldnt complain, 5th Vex from the project. Last time i did 8k runs i got 4 Ohms. Last two items were BK Tribal and another Grandfather.

Attachments

Neck Romancer

Mar 18, 2020
Australia
Up to 7000, will upload soon. And hopefully get the last 1k done, when im not feeling lazy :(

6001-7000:

100 runs in netted me a Crown of Ages. 200 in a Mal rune dropped. Shortly after a pair of Shadow Dancers fell. Another 100 or so and a Set Vortex shield fell. A few more runs and Natalyas claws were obtained. 6400ish resulted in a Death cleaver. Close to 6600 produced a Gul rune. The last two items i got were a set diadem and a set Colossus blade.

Notable finds: Metal grid

Last edited:
Reactions: Luhkoh