2023 Spring RFL Sign-Up and Running Thread: Round 1 (Areas)

Managed 2.5 hours this weekend, should have some time to play this afternoon. Not expecting much but the xp bar is moving and I started collecting pgems other than Amethyst finally which drop fairly well from AS ghosts. Anything that progresses me towards finishing Enigma is a win as I’m beyond tired of LK. Finished Guardian to enable TZs so peeking at those every now and then but haven’t found an area I like so far during limited play time.

Reactions: PhineasB
I am running Travincal on /p3 with my new GF Barb - mainly for gold finding (Main Slot 1093%GF, 2nd Slot 1777%GF) but surely hoping for rune drops. He is underleveled (Lvl 87 atm) and less than optimized for speed, sporting a Crown of Thieves (LEM), a "Wealth" AP, Grief Phaseblade, "Rhyme" Troll Nest, Infernostride, LoH, Goldwrap, Crescent Moon and Dual Dwarf Stars. I didn't record his run times, but they are somewhere in the vicinity of 1-2 minutes i guess. And i learned to abandon the runs if the Council has either Conviction or Might. Too much of a hassle.
He even found a Mara's (28@). About 3h in.

Last edited:
Reactions: PhineasB
5 hours left to go and im contemplating a 2nd set. Most likely also in 1.07. Although im pleased with my results, I've noticed that being able to focus on a 20 hour timer instead of the lack of drops does wonders for my motivation :D In light of that, everyone is a winner!

Reactions: Jpy
I'm over 8h in with just 3 qualifiers, none of which are anything of interest. Mainly running the AS, with a bit of Terrorised Andariel. The Summoner has coughed up 21 keys, so I'm going to try the CS now.

Best non-qualifier so far:Savine Gheeds 40MF 26_03_2023 20_51_06.png

I got 4 hours in between Friday and Saturday. First qualifier on the first run, lol....but none since. Haven't run any the last 4 days due to no power from storms...supposed to be returned to service by end of tomorrow.

Best non-qualifying finds: wiz spike, Shako, trap skiller, war cries skiller

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
6 hours in with (mostly) Mosaic Sin doing AS/Trav/CS.

When Trav was TZ I ran it WW Barb for an hour. Pretty much same gear approach as @Nano but max vita in HC of course. :) That being said, despite >4.5k life there were runs where Merc died or didn't proc Decrepify and I decided to bail due to some Amp/dmg aura combo. Nothing too dangerous, but requires more concentration than Sin, even when using Arreat's instead of GFace. Think I'll just stick to the above Mosaic Sin runs generally and only run AS/CS with her if those are TZs.

In terms of qualifiers, not a great start overall with only 3 so far. Like @CaseyJones I got my first (and highest) one in the first run, but barely anything else since.

Got a few nice non-qualifiers though, these being my favorites:

Screenshot550.pngScreenshot554.pngScreenshot555.pngScreenshot559.png

10 hours in and NO qualifiers. I've decided that ARGH will usually make one or two passes through the terror zone at p/8 and then switch to running Trav at p/3. This slows his progress towards 99, but not a whole lot.

While the rune hunt is abysmal, I have found a couple of items that are an improvement over what he had been using. Yesterday I found this small charm

1680052400418.png

and tonight the one of the Council dropped these which are an improvement over the 42% pair he had been using.

1680052474832.png

Now if I could find a qualifier or 2!!

1/2 way through my set with my HC-UT99er Syd. 1 qualifier so far...but the best find by far in the 10 hours so far has been a GC! 2nd ELE Lifer found for Syd during the grind to 99. Syd also passed the 1/2 way mark of exp from 98 to 99. 10 hours of TZs and Syd has gain approx. 15% of the level from 98.45 to 98.61. So at this rate Syd should get to around 98.75 by the end of the 20 hours.

Screenshot500.png

20 hours complete in trav. Mixed feelings about the results.

Going to try and craft a new sword then attempt another batch.

I have only managed 4 hours thus far and sadly no qualifiers yet. Tasty EXP and several flawless gems though, and one or two decent runeword bases. I'll take what I can get!

Well another hour down and still no qualifier. My 8pm TZ was the WSK so healthy experience and very surprised by the number of S&Us that dropped. I did 2 full clears of level 2 and the Throne area, plus Baal. Level 3 was full of PI Hell Mistresses and OK so I decided to skip that level and still got over 3m in experience.

I'm only running with 130% MF so I don't expect a lot, but on the first run I got a 4 socket Manarch and
Vile Husk
Naj's Light plate
Sazabi's Ghost Liberator
Buriza
The Ward

On the second run I got a Ginther's rift

5 hrs and 5 qualifiers, with v1.14 untwinked 99er sorc in CS, so very much above expectations. Maybe RNG will keep up and hoping to get some progress this weekend to complete full set. Good luck to everyone running !

Reactions: Excalibur and ffs
@Excalibur that ring is awesome! Wish I had that in 1.14 for PvP.

9.5 hours in now. One hour TZs each in AS (Mosaic) and Travincal (WW), otherwise the usual Mosaic Sin run.

Things are still going terribly when it comes to qualifiers :mad: officially complaining! More nice non-qualifiers though:

Screenshot571.pngScreenshot570.pngScreenshot566.pngScreenshot565.png

I've been enjoying seeing all you guys run! Great work!

Finally got a chance to run with my dual "Mosaic" assassin. Ran for a bit and then merc died and got one-shotted in the Frozen River. I think it was a group of the Stygian Witches, Spike Fiends, and some other rough monster all together mobbing me. But you have to aggressively telestomp with the dual mosaic so I went back and did a respec.

This time, only one point in Dragon Talon and FoF, since I wanted to have some leech this time. (Maxed FoF last time so I had no leech.) Maxed Fade this time, put a point in weapon block, and ran with Cobra Strike and Dracul's Grasp for more leech. Now she's a tank :love: . I'm sure Dracul's + CS is a waste but I didn't really bother to calculate everything out. 42k damage and the life bulb doesn't dip is pretty sweet.

No qualifiers yet, though. 2.5 hours in so we'll see. I finally got the physical and magic Sunders and a few other nice base items.

@BBS_Agonistes yeah I'd say Dracul's really isn't required with CS and reasonable remaining physical damage for leech. Meaning some amount not converted by FoF, with about 10% being the "sweet spot" IMO. Where did you put remaining skill points? I have a similar build, but still with 10 hard points in FoF and 56% claw block. Now at 94 I'm starting to have skill points that I don't have immediate use for. Not sure yet to put these.

Question to Trav runners: Are you still running on P3 or have you considered/tried running on P1?

In my last hour of Trav I tried P1 towards the end and, while I didn't do any calculations precisely comparing efficiency, it felt much better and I suspect in my case at least it is indeed the way to go.

Horking (which is always "as if" it was P7/8) now contributes much more to the overall drops with >70% FI. Plus I have more MF on FI switch, increasing its contribution to overall drops a bit further. That's great on the one hand but also much worse with cluttering. Despite gold pickup, on P3 I still found myself having cluttering issues and wasting some time here and there On P1 it felt much smoother and I spent less time double-checking/repositioning before starting a new run.

I have level 30 FoF (maxxed) and no Infinity. I see little difference between running with and without Cobra Strike charged up. I think Life per Kill is a bigger factor than leech, especially with Infinity. So the 5-10 on Dracul's is potentially interesting here, especially if you don't have the +14 from Enigma. When I have more +skills and Infinity, maybe that opinion will change.

I still have a load of un-used skill points too. I don't want my Dragon Talon above 3 kicks really or I will be hitting air much of the time, so one here is enough for me. I will probably push Weapon block to 60% or as close as I can, then the rest into Fade.

I run Cobra Strike (and Tiger) essentially for mana upkeep really. Enigma alone delivers good life upkeep, probably enough for SC I'd assume, but having CS doesn't hurt either with me being in HC.

Re build & remaining points: Currently I have max Fade, max PS/BoI/CoT, and also 30 FoF with gear (10 base), plus claw block for 56% as mentioned. Thing is after 56% it doesn't get 1% per point anymore, in fact stays at 56% for three levels... hence undecided yet where to put the few remaining points at 94+. Leanig towards CS or TS for more leech. :p

Agreed 3 kicks would be good for mobility purposes, but keeping DTalon at 17 is hard when also going for to damage to run P7/8 (and ofc keeping it at 1pt). 4 kicks are fine though IMO, and even welcome when facing tougher monsters on P7/8.

I actually haven't decided where to put the remaining points... I was thinking weapon block might be a good option for some of them (only 1 pt there so far), or as you mention, CS or TS.

I tried without Dracul's and didn't see much of a difference so I think you are correct in that it's probably a waste with CS. Of course, it's only in really dicey situations that she struggles at all, so it's a bit hard to tell what's working and what's not because she mows through most areas.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High