2023 Spring RFL Sign-Up and Running Thread: Round 1 (Areas)

Just a little over 2 hours left to finish my set. After my 8th qualifier dropped, I hit a dry streak of 500 runs before seeing anything. I'm hoping to finish strong, but I estimate I'll probably finish in the middle of the pack.

Completed 1 set, won't try to fit in another.

Run breakdown for non-qualifiers:
89 Keys of Hate (shouldn't have to farm these for awhile :p )

Non-Qualifiers HEL+:
14 x HEL
6 X IO (didn't pick up a lot of these as I don't find there is much use and didn't decide to use for reference until later)
8 x LUM
4 x KO
5 x FAL
2 x LEM

7 x Skillers (2 Barb Warcries, 1 Ama Passive, 1 Nec Curses, 1 Nec Summon, 1 Druid Ele, 1 Asa Traps)

Uniques
Rzaortail
Dwarf Star
2 x Butchers Pupil
Eth Bartucs
3 x Wizardspike
Ondal's Wisdom
Baranar's Star
Titan's Revenge
HoZ (grailer for me)

Set Pieces:
3 x Tal's Helm
2 x Nat's Helm
IK Helm and Weapon
Griswold Armor

All runs were at /players7

Run Counter says 1173 runs at 19:49 time spent in Arcane Sanctuary....59 second average (though by key drop rate runs were likely closer to 694 or almost half the run counter number with the additional saves in D2R...so likely 2 minute per run averages with ident and stash use as needed without stopping the timer)

About midway through I ran 16 runs at 00:12 time spent on Terrorized Forgotten Temple that made up the rest of the 20 hours.

20 hours done as well. I have an Assassin leveled up for round 2, but I'm also leveling a Sorc. Might as well have the timer going just in case..

Reactions: PhineasB
@Nano gogo Mosaic. :)

Ran for another ~8 hours since I finished the (1st) set. Mostly just TZs with whatever char was good for the task. For the most part that meant Trav WW Barb, CS Mosaic Sin and Pit Necro, the latter also when TZs were garbage.

Got 6 extra qualifiers, but so far it's not looking like I'll improve my rune score. But I'll also just keep the timer running as I might be able to play for another 4-5 hours before the round is over.

A number of nice non-qualifiers dropped, including a 2os CoA, which I've been hoping to get for a while in HC. That will be 2x Ber'ed and put to good use at some point. Now Griffon's remains really the only unique drop I really hope to get, and the most pressing one at that... :mad:

Screenshots:

Screenshot596.pngScreenshot617.pngScreenshot619.pngScreenshot621.pngScreenshot622.pngScreenshot623.pngScreenshot628.pngScreenshot629.pngScreenshot630.pngScreenshot631.png

11 hours into second set and a qualifier! Now if I can find 4 Zods you all might as well give up :ROFLMAO: Impossible, maybe but weirder thing happen.

Hi All! I'm going to post Round 2 sign up, given Friday start. Please remember to send Round 1 results as soon as you're finished so I can try to get results up on Monday. Good luck to those finishing up (I have 30 minutes left)!

Edit: Set finished, with 4 more qualifiers in last 10 hours, for a total of 10 qualifiers. Nonqualifiers were nice, with 1 each of Cold and Lightning skiller (for 2 of each now). The cold skiller made a noticeable difference on speed. Other notables were a pair of 2/20 MA gloves with modest poison resist, a 5/3 Lightning facet, a 34 AR + 7MF SC, and a nice -requirements +ED% jewel for twinking.

Good to luck to everyone finishing up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jpy and Silvio415
Results sent. I found my highest qualifiers quite early so for the rest 12-13 hours I barely found anything.
I used mostly my Fire Sorcy which prior to TZ I though she was retired for good (level 95).
Now she is 97 and is my highest leveled character along with my MF Javazon. Was really nice to use her on multiple areas.

Results sent. I found my highest qualifiers quite early so for the rest 12-13 hours I barely found anything.
I used mostly my Fire Sorcy which prior to TZ I though she was retired for good (level 95).
Now she is 97 and is my highest leveled character along with my MF Javazon. Was really nice to use her on multiple areas.
Have you posted that character build anywhere? Curious to see your gear and skill selections. Fire Ball Sorc is one of my all-time favourite builds 🔥

Second set done and just the one qualifier.

I'm looking forward to the next MFO. I suspect that with all the drops that have been reported in the TZs that scores will be a lot higher.

Last edited:
I only got about 8 hours in round 1 if that, and was just doing haphazard full clears of terror zones with my dual Mosaic Assassin. Only one qualifier.

I think if one were wise about which TZs he chose, it could be lucrative for runes, but I wasn't... just ran when I could. I had fun watching some of the crazy non-qualifiers here, and had a few notable ones of my own, but nothing that really moved the grail forward. I had fun though, and levelled up my character a bit.

I hope I may get more chance to play during round 2, but we'll see. I think she should do well at Cows, but I know we've got some veteran Cow runners here. :)

Results sent last night.
The complaining worked-ish. Went from 0 qualifiers to 1 qualifier. 😆

Good luck to those still in their last stretch and good job to those completed! Ill be back in a while when i ding lvl 98 with my sorc. 😀

Results sent. I'm looking forward to seeing how my meager score compares to the other two 1.14 runners, Silvio415 and PhineasB.

Also sent my results right now. We'll see! I completed one set and about half of another, unfortunately I didn't have time to complete the second. I expect to be around the middle of the pack based on prior year results but I'm not sure how D2R/TZs will affect results. Good luck!

Thanks to everyone who has sent results. Only one person missing, so I will likely post later this morning and update if needed.

Reactions: Silvio415
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High