2022 Spring RFL Results Thread: Round 2 (Travincal)

PhineasB

Guide Author
Mar 14, 2020
Results from the Council are in! Round 2 results below; running thread here. The runes didn't fall as freely as in years past, especially the Chams and Jahs. But we had a clear winner, with the top 3 evenly spaced out, and then a tighter cluster after that. The modern patch players defended the honor of current rune drops and scoring!
HanShotFirst (10 pts)
Cham 27.5
Ber 20.5
Jah 18.3
Lo 15.1
Ist 7.5
total: 88.9

nulio (1.07) (8 pts)

Ist 57,8
Pul 19,3
Total: 77,1

Silvio415 (6 pts)

Ber 20.5
Jah 18.3
Sur 13.7
Vex 10.6
Gul 7.1
Total 70.2

Gripphon (5 pts)

Cham 27.5
Vex 10.6
Ohm 10.1
Pul 3.4
Pul 3.4
Total: 55

WoRG (1.08) (4 pts)

Gul 53.4
total 53.4

Excalibur (3 pts)

Lo - 15.1
Ohm - 10.1
Ohm - 10.1
Ist - 7.5
Um - 5.1
Total: 47,9

Vildecor (2 pts)

Jah 18.3
Sur 13.7
Gul 7.1
Pul 3.4
Pul 3.4
Total 45.9

Maxicek (1 pt)

Um 5.1
Ist 7.5
Gul 7.1
Gul 7.1
Lo 15.1
Total 41.9

ffs

Ohm 10.1
Ist 7.5
Ist 7.5
Gul 7.1
Gul 7.1
Total 39.3

LouB

Pul
Gul
Vex
Sur
Total: 34.8

Kstil3227

Pul-3.4
Um-5.1
Sur-13.7
Total 22.2

m4ke

Um 5.1
Pul 3.4
Total: 8,5

DNF or 0 Qualifiers

Swamigoon
Nano
art_vandelay
Thanks again to everyone for getting results in so quickly again; I'm only missing two results, but both members had posts in running thread of either 0 qualifiers or not having started. I can update as needed.

Standings after two rounds:
nulio (1.07) (18 pts)
WoRG (1.07/1.08) (12 pts)
Gripphon (10 pts)
HanShotFirst (10 pts)
Excalibur (9 pts)
Silvio415 (6 pts)
Vildecor (5 pts)

Nano (2 pts)
Maxicek (1 pt)
ffs (1 pt)
We have a clear leader, but any of the top four have a chance for the overall win! Areas is always a great way to finish, so looking forward to last stretch.

Don't forget to post your characters in the Meet the Runefinders Thread!

Well done @HanShotFirst
I'm genuinely surprised no Chams among 1.07 players. Did you guys even play?!

As for me... I did approximately 5 hours, got 5 qualifiers and reported the result with them. ~16.9 seconds p5 running translating to ~15.6 s p3 running. Cham dropped as first qualifier in the first 10 minutes of playing. Talking about good start and inspiration! I did my best, but it simply wasn't enough. Competition was too hard.

Reactions: PhineasB and ffs
Congrats on the win @HanShotFirst, and to everyone else who got something they were looking for.

As mentioned in the running thread, this was my worst Travincal round so far, resulting in this rather underwhelming haul pic:

Screenshot067.jpg

I predicted 7 qualifiers (Pul-Vex) for myself. Seems I underestimated my psychic powers because the above is shockingly close to that. :D

But I gotta say, Travincal has always had a tendency to deliver crazy drops for me in the past, so something like this was bound to happen at some point.

On the plus side, non-qualifiers were solid and some of them really good even, certainly more useful to me than any high runes. Posted about them here, here and here, my personal highlights being:
  • 15 IAS, 15 all resist jewel
  • Necro FCR circlet 2/20/13 life/14@ res
  • Paladin FCR circlet 2/20/18@ res/54 cold res
  • Fire skiller 24 life
  • 15 CSD Blizzard Ormus
  • eth Reaper's Toll (213 ED)
Also got a 29@ Mara and six rainbow facets (cold 53, 54, 43, 54, poison 53, fire 43), as well as a bunch of useful rings and charms.

Crafting materials etc:
  • FAs: 256
  • FRs: 188
  • Sol: 56
  • Ral: 66
  • Jewels: 330
  • Gold: 49 million
Burned through all those gems as well, resulting in a nice Barb amulet (2 Barb, 6 FCR, 17@ res, 10 MF) but otherwise nothing to write home about.

Trav Sorc setup described here. Ever since I crafted a 2/20 cold amulet, I've been using that along with Fathom and Hellmouth for AFK style gameplay and healing hydras.

These are some quality runes, congrats @HanShotFirst!

Personally, I was very pessimistic about this round. I just can't handle the massive loot and the constant S&E.
I am very satisfied with my drops because out of the 15 hours that I played I can clearly say that half of those hours were wasted in gathering the loot and messing with nearby monsters, mostly in Durance of Hate level 3 which I assume I was the only one farming there.

My three High Rune Drops.

Lo.jpgOhm (2).jpgOhm.jpg

Wow!

I've been on my best stretch of rune finding ever, but I didn't think it would be quite enough for the win.

Here's how it played out:

1 hour and 37 minutes - Ist
2 hours and 57 minutes - Mal
3 hours and 20 minutes - Pul
3 hours and 58 minutes - Lo
5 hours and 57 minutes - Um
6 hours and 40 minutes - Jah
8 hours and 15 minutes - Um
9 hours and 02 minutes - Pul
9 hours and 06 minutes - Mal
10 hours and 08 minutes - Mal
11 hours and 15 minutes - Cham
14 hours and 31 minutes - Ber
14 hours and 33 minutes - Um
15 hours and 14 minutes - Um
19 hours and 33 minutes - Mal

High Rune Screenshots:

225.png

226.png

227.png

228.png

All Qualifiers:

229.png

A big motivation for me joining in the RFL was that I'd decided that I wanted to create an Enigma for my would-be-UT99er Lightning Sorceress. I'd been running her with Skullder's until I found Tal's Armor, which was an exciting find, but when equipped, just didn't feel right. I decided that I wanted more plus skills, more than additional mf. And, I wanted my plus skills as plus all skills, not just Sorceress skills. Skullder's was a good option (more mf, could be socketed), but, Enigma, with all its numerous mods, just seemed better.

I had three Sur Runes before the RFL. Based on how fast I can run LK, it probably would have taken me a week to get the other three Sur Runes worth of runes needed to finish off the Enigma. But, there was one big problem. I didn't want to change my map. I've got an amazing map right now for my would-be-UT99er. It's great for Baal, Diablo, and Mephisto. And it's even good for Andariel and Countess (which mattered when I was wanted Torches/Anni). But, the map is not good for LK. It's got one campfire. Enter the RFL! Cows got me close, to five Sur Runes. And then Round #2 happened. Forget cubing Sur Runes! Here comes Jah, and Ber, and other great runes! It was a magical twenty hours.

I created an Enigma for my woud-be-UT99er Lightning Sorceress:
230.png
Enigma
Dusk Shroud
JahIthBer
Defense: 1210
Durability: 6 of 20
Required Level: 65
Required Strength: 77
Fingerprint: 0x1b24ef4a
Item Level: 81
Version: Resurrected
+2 to All Skills
+45% Faster Run/Walk
+1 to Teleport
+761 Defense
+72 to Strength (Based on Character Level)
Increase Maximum Life 5%
Damage Reduced by 8%
+14 Life after each Kill
15% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
96% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based on Character Level)
3 Sockets (3 used)

The armor was found during Round #1 of the RFL. I decided that I'd go with the classic 'campfire' look :D . Plus, for once, it was actually most practical.

I took my new setup out for a spin in the Chaos Sanctuary, and in a few hours found:

231.png

232.png

So, that's probably it for me. I've surely blown through all my luck by now and predict getting no qualifiers out of the CS when Round #3 actually begins ...

But, um, hey ... It sure was fun while it lasted!

I'm on the board!

I did one full set of 20 hours and an additional 10 hours through a second set trying to improve my luck. Here were my 5 best runes of the 1st set:

Screenshot438.jpgScreenshot439.jpgScreenshot444.jpgScreenshot450.jpgScreenshot452.jpg

And here's my @ffs -style haul pic from both sets:

Screenshot469.jpg

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High