2022 Spring RFL Results thread: Moo Moo (Round One)

PhineasB

Guide Author
Mar 14, 2020
Here are the Round 1 results. Thanks to everyone for great participation and prompt results.
v1.07 shenanigans ruled the day, it seems!

nulio [1.07] (10 pts)
Sur 307,0
Gul 76,9
Um 29,0
Total: 412,9

WoRG [1.07 HC] (8 pts)

Ist 57.8
Um 29
Um 29
Ist 57.8
Total: 173.6

Excalibur (6 pts)

Zod - 71.8
Sur - 13.7
Sur - 13.7
Vex - 10.6
Ist - 7.5
Total: 117.3

Gripphon (5 pts)

Ber 20.5
Jah 18.3
Jah 18.3
Lo 15.1
Sur 13.7
Total: 85.9

Babyhell (4 pts)

Ber 20.5
Jah 18.3
Ist 7.5
Gul 7.1
Um 5.1
Total 58.5

Vildecor (3 pts)

Ber 20.5
Vex 10.6
Ohm 10.1
Gul 7.1
Pul 3.4
Total 51.7

Nano (2 pts)

Lo 15.1
Vex 10.6
Vex 10.6
Ist 7.5
Ist 7.5
Total: 51.3

ffs (1 pt)

Lo 15.1
Vex 10.6
Ist 7.5
Gul 7.1
Um 5.1
Total: 45.4

D2DC

Gul 7.1
Ist 7.5
Ohm 10.1
Ohm 10.1
Ohm 10.1
Total 44.9

HanShotFirst

Lo 15.1
Sur 13.7
Ist 7.5
Um 5.1
Pul 3.4
Total: 44.8

art_vandelay

Jah 18,3
Gul 7,1
Gul 7,1
Um 5,1
Mal 5,0
total: 42,6

Silvio415

Lo 15.1
Sur 13.7
Um 5.1
Pul 3.4
Pul 3.4
Total 40.7

maxicek

Mal 5
Um 5.1
Ist 7.5
Ist 7.5
Gul 7.1
Total 32.2

Swamigoon
Jah 18.3
Um 5.1
Total 23.4

Jamie
Vex - 10.6
Vex - 10.6
Total 21.2

Pb_pal

Um 5.1
Um 5.1
Ist 7.5
Total: 17.7

LouB

Ohm 10.1
Total 10.1

Kstil3227

Um-5.0
Mal-5.1
Total 10.1

m4ke [1.07]

The top 4 were each solidly secure in their spot, and then more tightly clustered for the 7-8 competitors. Thanks again to everyone who sent results quickly so this could get posted promptly. I'm only missing results from two people, but not sure if they completed because I didn't see posts after sign up. I'll update if needed. Meet the Rune Finders thread is posted here.

In general, this was a good turnout and hope we can keep it up for Round 2. Good luck to everyone running that round!

Ouch! I was closer to getting a point than I would have thought. Only .6 short :LOL: .

Oh well. I guess I'll just post some haul picks then:

Here's Batch #1 (everything Lum+):
198.png
and,

Here's Batch #2 (everything Lum+):
199.png
If only some of those numerous mid runes had rolled a bit higher. *Sigh*.

For those curious, here's how things played out:

Batch #1:
(44.8 Points)
Sur Rune at 2h 24m
Lo Rune at 6h 50m
Um Rune at 7h 13m
Pul Rune at 16h 12m
Ist Rune at 19h 53m

Batch #2:
(34.7 Points)
Ist Rune 0h 57m
Pul Rune 6h 15m
Ohm Rune 13h 04m
Sur Rune 17h 31m

Here's hoping Round #2 goes better! There's less stuff to pick up doing Council runs, so I might just be more competitive!

Congrats to nulio, 1.07 dominates again!

My first set was a full 20 hours of P5 Necro, followed by a second set of 10 hours of P7 Necro. Poor rune luck in the first set which then continued into the second set.
Rune haul from set 1:
8e7W7dA.jpg

Round 1 Summary:
Code:
Round 1 Summary:
                  Nec   Nec
Players             5     7
Qualifiers         14     5
Hours              20    10
MF Run Counter
Runs              479   233
Avg Time Per Run 2:30  2:34
Cows Per Run      424   404
Cows Per Min      170   157

Drop stats
Small Charm       365   164
Grand Charm       320   181
Jewels            329   176
Cows Per Run*     403   377
Cows Per Min*     161   147
*Based on drops

Merc also poked a few monsters along the way to Tristram, so the Cows Per Run under MF Run Counter already has 2 subtracted from the raw data.

The 157 CPM in P7 is approximately 177 CPM in P5, so it's slightly better than my P5 CPM of 170, which I didn't expect. Run times weren't much longer, but I also skipped more cows in P7. Only 20 cows per run difference between P5 and P7, apparently I didn't skipped that much. Sometimes it's hard to judge the right "threshold" to skip or kill a group of cows. P7 was noticeably harder to play, so I might stick with P5 in the future or even follow Gripphon and try out P3.

I also included CPM estimates from drop stats and it was a 5% undercount in the P5 set and 7% undercount in the P7 set compared to the MF Run Counter. I will miss drops in the item clutter, so the undercount was expected.

Bonus scatter chart of the first set:
VCofXtp.png

I ran with a Javazon, finishing 19.25 hours worth of runs (6 of which were done the evening of the last day). The first half of my runs were done on p7, then I switched to p5 for the second half as I was starting to get paranoid that I was missing rune drops due to clutter. Runs were rather slow at an average of 4:20, killing an average of 400 cows per run.

Things started off great with an Ohm dropping on run #5 and a Vex dropping on run #31. 30 runs later also produced a Gul and a Pul. I then had a dry spell of 81 runs with nothing until I finally got my fifth and best qualifier with a Ber drop after switching to p5. Then followed 5 hours of nothing until a second Pul dropped with 45 minutes left to go. For some reason it didn't get added to my drop table in the run counter and I had thought I only found 5 qualifiers.

The Haul

zePQokr.jpg

This shot above is missing the 2nd Pul since it didn't get documented.

Other Finds

Code:
3x Cow King's Hide
2x Cow King's Hooves
Lenymo
Blinkbat's Form
Bartuc's Cut-Throat
Titan's Revenge
Thunderstroke
Harlequin Crest
Lacerator
Crimson Jewel of Bliss (11 min dmg)
2x Ruby Jewel (37 and 38 ED)
Ruby Jewel of Freedom (32 ED)
Shimmering Jewel (10 @)
Captain's GC
Chilling GC of Blight
Entrapping GC of Dexterity
Entrapping GC of the Glacier
Graverobber's GC
Mentalist's GC
Sounding GC
Sparking GC of Sustenance
Spiritual GC of Greed
lots of resist/MF SCs + a couple of Steel GCs
lots of elite armor/weapon bases

Congrats to @nulio for overwhelmingly taking the first place spot! Also thanks to @PhineasB for hosting once again. Although I wish my drops were better, I'm satisfied with how it turned out considering I stalled until the last minute. I'm looking forward to hopefully completing two sets in round 2 as I did last year.

I'm posting results later, but it is already clear that this is one of the worst results for 1.14d runners in a long time. 🤣
@Excalibur third with a Zod and two Sur? Time for separate categories IMO, or you are not competitive unless you play 1.07.

Whilst the odds for a given rune are much lower, if you find anything Vex+ in 1.07, a 1.14 player has to find Zod Cham Lo to even get close to the score. Maybe one of our resident statisticians can tell us how those chances compare for a representative number of runs?

Edit: nulio's score is over 5x Zod, so impossible to beat.

Last edited:
In every Tournament that I participated winning was not even a consideration but in this one I really wanted to get the first place. I felt like my Javazon would be hard to beat that I even made a brave statement with all the titans taking participation.

The Zod dropped in the FIRST 25 minutes and it was the best thing that could happen to support my faith! The first high rune to drop not just for me but probably for the whole Tournament was a freaking Zod rune. At that momment I felt like a winner already and I still had 19,5 hours to boost my score. If I recall correctly I had 12 qualifiers. Results will be posted later! I really hope I am not the only one to get a Zod rune and not win a round.

Zod - 25 minutes
Vex - 4 hours
Sur - 10 Hours
Sur - 18 Hours
Rest runes were x1 Ist, x1 Gul, x2 Mal, x2 Um, x2 Pul
I aslo got another Gul rune while doing the video for "Meet the Rune Finders". :D

Of course I am very happy to get a Zod rune but other than that which is an extremely lucky drop I hoped that I would do much better. Considering that I was also farming prior the Tournament for God knows for how long I still haven't found my first Ber or Jah rune in D2R which makes me reconsider when trading or using those runes. This is the 4th Zod I have found in my D2 career with Ber runes holding the rarest spot for me at just 2.

Time for separate categories IMO, or you are not competitive unless you play 1.07.
Glad someone esle said that instead of me because it would look like I am biased. :p
I'm posting results later, but it is already clear that this is one of the worst results for 1.14d runners in a long time. 🤣
Have to agree with this one. Nearly all the participants had Ums, Mals, Ists, Guls on their list so it's quite obvious things didn't go that well.

@Gripphon has definitely the most quality drops.
Congratulations to all the participants and thanks to @PhineasB for hosting!

Congrats @nulio! I've heard the term "nulio luck" here and there, and it seems to be a thing indeed. :)

I only ran for 9 hours and didn't exactly get the high quality to make up for such a limited number of runs. Will post haul pic and non-qualifiers later today.

I really hope I am not the only one to get a Zod rune and not win a round.

Of course, the most recent and extreme example is the 2020 where we had 6 Zods overall. I even found 2x Zod across 2 sets and a bunch of Ber-Cham, still wasn't enough to get the win. :D Admittedly while @WoRG won that round with 1.07 shenanigans, it wouldn't have been enough among 1.14 runners either... so yeah, RNG be RNG and with so many participants you can never be sure what's needed for first place.

I agree that it should be separated categories. Or nerfing the score in older patches.
Makes no sense that older versions RNG can create a score which is unbeatable in current versions.
And for the sake of fun and healthy competition, I wouldn't mind if changes would be reflected in the current tournament.

I joined mostly to get motivation to start running cows. I don't have that many goals, and hoping for 1.07 Zod is one of the few left.

My score is from the first batch. The second batch had a completely different score. I got burned out at the end and barely started the third batch.

I didn't find any useful non qualifier, but my standards are probably high.

All runes were horked, run times varied from 10 to 12min. Not too bad since it's p1 + p7.

Everything on the left is my second set (20 hours) and everything on the right is my third set (7 hours):
RFL22R1_Haulpic.jpg
I played 7 hours of Javazon on p7 and then 20 hours of Necro on p5. Here's the only rune worth mentioning:
R1S3_01.jpg
Kinda sad that the time for rounds was shortened, it is not possible to do 3 full sets anymore :cry:

Congrats to our 1.07 runners on finding nice runes. Godlio! Also gratz on Zod @Excalibur

Super happy with my set. Overall I played approximately 10 hours (don't know exactly)
Timed runs were 220 on p5 with the time of 469 min 14s (~128s average time) and then compared p5 with p3 the rest of the time with conclusion p3 might be slightly better on a fast maps

In those 10 hours found 11 qualifiers
Ber, 2x Jah, Lo, Sur, Ohm, 3x Mal, 2x Um

First rune came literally first run, it was Ohm. It wasn't even 1 minute into the set.
After that, at like 5 hours point I got Ber and Jah run by run, after that hour later another Jah. Then Sur and Lo dropped after 9 hours. Luck was on a high spectrum definitely. Seeing the results I did the best possible thing not to play the other 10 hours. It would be realistically hard to improve the score significantly, even more so it would be mostly just Zod or Chamluck to beat Excalibur.

Found some charms and stuff, nothing fancy

Steel Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x1a579ac3
Item Level: 81
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+34 to Attack Rating
+11 to Life

Serpent's Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Required Level: 40
Fingerprint: 0xe352a953
+15 to Life
+17 to Mana

Emerald Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0x680fc4ae
+17 to Life
Poison Resist +10%

Congrats to @Excalibur on the Zod and @nulio on the win! I wanna see that 1.07 Chaos! 50% Ctc Charged Bolt!!!
Code:
16. Chaos (Body Armour)
Sur Ort Eld Shael

80% enhanced defence
30% resist fire
+15 strength
50% chance to cast slvl 7 Charged Bolt when hit
+5% max mana
35% lightning resist
-15% stamina drain
20% faster hit recovery

And, really props to everyone that participated. Seems like RNG was pretty stingy for everyone this year.. I only planned on running one set, and took my time completing the set. Finishing just before the weekend. I felt so used and abused by that set, that my only logical choice was to start another. I call it "rage-running".. Managed to grind nearly 14 hours in the final three days for my second set. 😓

I lost focus on counting actual runs during the first set (you will see why). I figure I managed 250-275 runs. Here's a breakdown of my qualifiers
Code:
50 runs (3:47): none
100 runs (7:46): none
150 runs (~11:30): none
Run #152 - Gul & Ist
Somewhere in between - Pul
15:18 - Ohm
15:29 - Pul
15:34 - Um
15:46 - Mal
16:54 - Ohm
18:16 - Ohm
20:00 - none
First batch was apparently sponsored by Ohm rune. I preferred my much more lucrative deal with Jah rune from last RFL..

Gul 7.1
Ist 7.5
Ohm 10.1
Ohm 10.1
Ohm 10.1

Total 44.9 points

3x Ohm is nothing to sneeze at, and that was a nice little flurry in the 15-16 hour mark. However, after that 150+ run drought of qualifiers, I expected that something big was due to drop. Ran the second set with a lot more urgency, and kept runs in the 3-4 min range.
Code:
9 runs (0:34): none
34 runs (2:13): none
3:51 - Ist
59 runs (3:56)
4:57 - Ist
84 runs (5:34)
5:41 - Pul
109 runs (7:26)
8:59 - Ist
9:02 - Mal
134 runs (9:26)
159 runs (10:56)
184 runs (12:36)
13:44 - Ist
201 runs (13:53) <-- clock strikes midnight
Second batch, brought to you by your local Ist rune..

Mal 5.0
Ist 7.5
Ist 7.5
Ist 7.5
Ist 7.5

Total 35.0 points

Screenshot453.jpg
Screenshot454.jpg
Screenshot455.jpgScreenshot457.jpg
Screenshot458.jpgScreenshot459.jpgScreenshot460.jpgScreenshot463.jpgScreenshot464.jpgScreenshot466.jpgScreenshot467.jpgScreenshot468.jpgScreenshot469.jpgScreenshot471.jpg

Some other notable finds:
Code:
Flawless Gems: x1403
Perfect Gems: x1

Bases:
- Superior Mat Bow (+3) (+13% dmg)
- Superior Mat Bow (+3) (+13% dmg/+3 AR)

GCs:
- Acrobatic (plain)
- Acrobatic/+4 STR
- Burning/+12% FHR
- Burning/+2 Max dmg
- Chilling/+12% FHR
- Entrapping (plain)
- Expert's/+1-2 Fire dmg
- Expert's/+18 HP
- Fanatic/+39 HP
- Graverobber's/+1 Max dmg
- Graverobber's/+30 HP
- Harpoonist's/+7 HP
- Lion Branded/+14 HP
- Mentalist's (plain)
- Natural (plain)
- Sparking (plain)
- Spiritual/+50 Psn dmg
- Spiritual/+3 STR
- Trainer's (plain) x2
- +30% PR/+31 HP

SCs:
- +11% PR/+6% MF
- +6-14 Fire dmg/+18 HP
- +7-22 Fire dmg

Jewels:
- +15% IAS/+16% FR

Sets:
- Cow King's Hide (x2)
- Cow King's Hooves (x4)
- Cow King's Horns (x4)

Uniques:
- Bonesnap (+297%)
- BKWB
- Ethereal Crown of Thieves (+11%) x2
- Doombringer (+248%)
- Jade Talon (+2 MA,+1 Shadow, +49%)
- Ormus' Robes (+Teleport)
- Ethereal Rune Master (+222%), (+262%)
- Sandstorm Trek (+14 STR, +15 VIT, +69% PR)

At least looking at your non-rune drops afterwards always makes you feel (a little bit) better! :D

Agreed with @art_vandelay, not exactly the best results overall considering our high RFL standards :) still some nice items, hope everyone got something useful out of this.

As mentioend before, I only managed to run for ~9 hours. In comparison to previous RLF cow sets, I'd say the haul is a bit below average considering it's only about half a set, but not entirely bad either:

Screenshot104.jpg

Non-qualifiers were similar, not great not terrible:
EDIT:
On the crafting front we picked up
21 Ral
19 Sol
84 flawless amethysts
49 flawless rubies
123 jewels

Otherwise:

Screenshot084.jpgScreenshot087.jpgScreenshot088.jpgScreenshot089.jpgScreenshot091.jpgScreenshot095.jpgScreenshot099.jpg
Screenshot082.jpg

Ran with Nova/ES Sorc, one of my favorite cow runneing builds even though she's just a tiny bit worse than other builds like Necro, Java or Trapper. Still very enjoyable gameplay and certainly capable of delivering great results.

Unfortunately I can't provide any kind of data for this round. I hadn't installed Oskro's run counter on my new laptop yet. After deciding to install it in order to track precise kill numbers, work suddenly exploded and rare bits of spare time were spent doing RL stuff. I didn't track any drops otherwise and didn't manage a single run for the remainder of the round with the kill counter. Next time I feel like cow running I might do some proper testing with the usual cow builds.

Anyway, in terms of workload things are looking much better for round 2 though. See you guys in Travincal!

Last edited:
Here is the Zod and the Haul picture. In order to avoid double posting the screenshots I will post the rest runes in my moo moo thread since I would like to keep track of my finds. :)

The thing that I enjoyed with the Zod is that it came from a huge pack of cows. You know, that feeling when the whole screen is filled with Cows and you expect a high rune to drop but never happens. I was also quite sleepy that day. Could barely hold my eyes open and then I noticed the Zod and woke up for good. Glad I didn't miss it because of that.

I am very happy when I get a High Rune but that super strange feeling that I used to get is no longer there. :(
One of the Guls in the haul was after I finished the batch so it doesn't count.

ZOD.png
Haul.png

Haul Pic with all 3 sets. The third set started with an Ist, but I had no more energy to run more hours.

It's funny to compare it with the 1.14+ Hauls.
Young people have no idea how much harder it was in the past!
@Gripphon get off my lawn!

I'm still looking for the Zods, join me in 1.07 :ROFLMAO:

RFL Sprint 2022 Cows - Haul.jpg

@PhineasB Since past versions drop way less runes, would allowing players to combine the points of all found runes, per set, help to balance the scores?
Of course there's still some rune drops in past versions that are on their own league, but at least it'd balance the less OP scores of past versions.

I agree that the huge difference in scoring potential is a real problem... it sucks that one really lucky drop in an older patch can completely eclipse the max possible score of a 1.13+ runner. And I understand how having that happen can leave a person feeling a little raw... but the scores are based on rarity.... Maybe the answer is to score the top 10 (or, as @nulio suggested, all) runes from a set... I'll point out that Nulio only had 3 qualifiers for his winning set, and I only had 4, this is pretty consistent... you might get higher scoring runes in older patches, but you also get fewer of them

I do worry that separating the categories will end up with too few runners in older patches to really have any sense of competition/camaraderie :( I really enjoy running in older patches, and like Nulio, I want more older patch Zods!! (Among other things...)

Anyway, I ran with my 1.07 HC multishot Zon... a build that is at its zenith in 1.07....All arrows leech, carry all effects and crushing blow has no reduction for missile weapons and ignores PI! She's a lot of fun, very powerful, and very safe, much more so than a Furyzon, in my experience... I'd encourage anyone who plays 1.07 to try one!

However, I will say I don't think I'll bother running 1.07 cows in HC anymore... losing my level sitters repeatedly was a huge pain, as it means running up replacements, who must have credit for killing Baal.... lemme tell ya about 1.07 Hell Baal: He can insta-gibb almost any character with the corkscrew o' doom... and, you know, HARDCORE!!:eek: I ended up rushing 3 sets of 7 for this... and was far more apprehensive about those three fights than about the endless legions of cows she confronted!

Hmph, I noticed while posting the screenshots that you can track how I had to keep replacing level sitters over time

First qualifier was an Ist from a champ pack a little over 2 hours in...
RFL2022_1_Ist1.jpg

Next was an Um around 8 hours in
RFL2022_1_Um1.jpg

Then another Um at around 12½ hours
RFL2022_1_Um2.jpg

And finally, the 2nd Ist a couple hours before the end... this one was kinda funny, it was a pair of Elvis impersonators (LE boss cows)... the 'sploded one I'm standing next to was also FE, while the one who dropped the rune provided stage lighting with his fanat aura... in the aftermath, all I could say was "Thank ya, thank ya vera vera much..." :LOL:RFL2022_1_Ist2.jpg

And, of course, the obligatory haul pic...
RFL2022_1_haulpic.jpg

WoRG

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High