2021 Spring RFL Sign Up and Running Thread: Round 2 (Travincal)

Well guys, I could throw some time early, and all I can say is that you can already stop running, from a competitive point of view.

You can still pick your non qualifiers.

Pfff...your imaginary runes with made up names still don't give points. 😁

2 hours in with my zealot. I have no Enigma, so I'm using Vigor to run from the Kurast Docks to the waypoint, then popping in and out of the Durance for my set up. Only picking up important runes, small and grand charms, jewels, grailers/rare SUs, and rare rings. I'm mostly looking for S/U jewelry, facets, and the big boy runes. Runs are averaging 45 seconds and are very safe. It's so nice to just stand there IDing an item in the middle of the fight with no worries. My first facet dropped right at the 2 hour mark.

Screenshot004.jpg
Code:
Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x21c21b70
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
100% Chance to cast level 23 Venom when you Level-Up
Adds 37 Poison Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
-5% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+5% to Poison Skill Damage
My very first facet is a 5/5? Awesome!

Ok, I made it to Shenk for the socket quest on my very twinked fana zealot and started in on Trav runs at level 83.

Very safe, very satisfying character and a bit of good luck. I made my first enigma for him but still run from the docks as it just has a better feel for me and with little fcr isn't much slower anyway. Then tele from waypoint. Also using my first Grief too.

2 hours in and a bit over 200 runs...down to 38 second average runs...3 qualifiers so far which is above average so that will likely even out with a few hour drought at some point. Gained 4 levels and have no deaths since starting Trav runs. Only 3 merc deaths using a similar setup that @Luhkoh suggested. Reapers, Guardian Angel, and since I don't have a Kira's I found a reasonable alternative in a Ral'd Darksight (39 FR+30 from ral and CBF mod), a ral in the armor gives max 90 fr with +99 fr on top of his base of 45ish. I have to watch with conviction....think I have been better than 50% survival but otherwise he has been solid against the hydras.

Happy hunting everyone! :)

Completed.

Overall a mixed bag. 2 qualifiers; 1st one after 16 hours. The 2nd, 20 minutes before cut-off. Decent non-qualifiers but wouldn't call it a win since 2 items I seek (Fire Die Facet & Wisp) didn't drop.

Run times ~45-60s per trip; Picked up blue/yellow ammys, rings, barb/druid helms & gloves on top of the standard stuff.

Here are the notable non-qualifiers;

2x Raven Frost (18/242, 19/250)

Raven Frost <-- So close to a 2nd perfect RF
Ring
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0xd0e8e1b2
Unidentified
+250 to Attack Rating
Adds 15 - 45 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
+19 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen

Cunning Amulet of the Apprentice <-- Trying to collect all 3/10s
Amulet
Fingerprint: 0x2d922fa2
+3 to Trap Skills (Assassin Only)
+10% Faster Cast Rate

Metalgrid
BK Ring (3ll)
2x Nature's Peace
Carrion Wind

3x Rainbow Facet (2x 3/3 Light, 1x 5/5 Fire)

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x3aea4a2b
Unidentified
100% Chance to cast level 29 Blaze when you Level-Up
Adds 17 - 45 Fire Damage
-5% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+5% to Fire Skill Damage

Ruby Jewel of Freedom
Jewel
Required Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0x8dbe29b9
36% Enhanced Damage
Requirements -15%

Scintillating Jewel
Jewel
Required Level: 26
Fingerprint: 0x3e8e49d1
Cold Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +15%
Fire Resist +15%
Poison Resist +15%

7x Skillers (Sparking, Fletcher, Lion Branded, Harpoonist, Acrobatic, Mentalist, Natural)

Lion Branded Grand Charm of Balance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0xd3f0efca
+1 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)
+12% Faster Hit Recovery

Amber Small Charm of Vita <-- Nice! After close calls with 11/17, 10/18, 11/19, 11/16)
Small Charm
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0x8341e38a
+20 to Life
Lightning Resist +11%

Arcing Small Charm
Small Charm
Required Level: 57
Fingerprint: 0x84ec6e3a
Adds 1 - 39 Lightning Damage

Fine Small Charm of Fortune
Small Charm
Required Level: 21
Fingerprint: 0x77d86fae
+3 to Maximum Damage
+17 to Attack Rating
5% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Ice Bolt Ormus <-- Ormus Grailer
Shako
HoZ
3x Skin of the Vipermagi (22/10, 26/12, 30/11)
Reapers Toll
Greyform
Stormshield

Lancer's Light Gauntlets of Readiness
Light Gauntlets
Defense: 11
Durability: 16 of 18
Required Strength: 45
Fingerprint: 0x801d3c4e
+3 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
+10% Increased Attack Speed

Beast Hood (Blue Color 😑)
Falcon Mask
Defense: 18
Durability: 11 of 11
Required Level: 42
Required Strength: 18
Fingerprint: 0x5190fc0b
14% Chance to cast level 5 Nova when struck
+2 to Druid Skill Levels
+3 to Tornado (Druid Only)

+1 to Shock Wave (Druid Only)
+8 to Energy
+8 to Life
Lightning Resist +14%
Ethereal

Good Luck Everyone!

Last edited:
Don't know why it took so long, but after 500 runs, I finally decided to get a map where the council all spawn inside the temple. Before, I had a basically okay-ish blizzsorc map where all but Torc were outside on the balcony (but with a decent spread), and it was getting painful trying to properly leash the merc to prevent him from peeking out from a window while I did all the heavy lifting out on the balcony (and he slowly succumbed to hydras while cheering? me on).

It only took one try to get the new map. I used the opportunity to switch from Defiance to Might as well as socket his Reaper's with a Shael. Runs are definitely faster now. I was gonna complain about only finding 2 qualifiers after over 600 runs (7.5 hours) until I saw @saracen85 went 16 hours without a single one! Actually...I'll still complain. That does still work, right?

Trav is a love/hate relationship for me. When I first started to extensively run it, it took me about 2-3 months to get my 1st HR (Cham). Then within a 2 month period (Dec '20 - Jan'21), it netted me 1x Vex, 2x Lo, 1x Sur, 1x Ber. Maybe used up all my luck back then.. 😅

@saracen85 2 qualifiers in ~1300 runs? Thats rough man. But my goodness you don't waste any time getting a set done do ya? :p.

@CaseyJones very creative with the darksight helm, I love that idea. So i guess not enough to keep max fire res during conviction though. What does he have, like 50 after convicted? That will also get a bit better with some levels.

@maxicek lol that haiku cracked me up.

On my end... man trav is boring, but its such a good place to run. I used my runefinding calc to compare time to farm jahs from different areas (I need 6 jahs to complete runeword grail), put in decent estimates of all the areas I think of. My pits inputs are questionable, but I think they're decent. The chaos inputs are for my 98-99 style runs with my hdin. Here is the result for hours per cubed jah:

Avg hours per cubed jah
iwy43ek.png

So as you can see, despite the tedium, lord trav is good for me. Glad I have this tournament to motivate me to grind it! Also this does not motivate me AT ALL to get back to the black hole that is level 98 on my hdin haha.

Run efficiency is going great. I did decide to switch setups a bit, and switched to blizz ormus (11csd, socketed with a +4/-5 facet), my 2/19fcr all res amulet, 6skillers total, and traded out my life/mana scs for life/res. Now blizz dmg is 10k-11k :cool:... pretty awesome for a hoto setup. It is a LOT less tanky (honestly surprised the mdr does so much work on vmagi), but still very much good enough for sc imo, so i think its a big improvement. Avg runtime is down to 19.2s and fastest overall run is down to 15.5s. Verrrry pleased with that improvement since last year.

@Luhkoh
Maybe much less than that. Spent quite a lot of time ID-ing blues and yellows. Normally I use the cube for storage. This time, it's 8x2 + Cube. Naturally, I have to pick up more stuff 🤪

But the +5 Nado helm really hurts. Sigh.

Time flies past quite easily since streaming channels debut their new episodes on Fridays. Haha.

200/1000 runs down, with probably ~10 hours spent running. XP bar looks like I should be on track to hit 95. It's gonna be difficult to finish though. Weekends are my busy time IRL, so this new time frame is punishing. 😓

Getting plenty of craft/cube fodder, and actually managed a worthwhile jewel!
Screenshot052.jpg

Just three and half hours of runs completed so far. I'm glad we have another couple of weekends to get to 20 hours. I'll need them.

Straight to the point. @maxicek's score may be no joke this round oO
Still much room for improvement, but it is difficult to say much without giving anything away. I'm not collecting anything other than FAmms, SCs and Jewels and there has not been much exciting there. Oh, rare claws too.

Now 3 hours, should finish tomorrow. Am I still allowed to complain about lack of drops?

Now 3 hours, should finish tomorrow. Am I still allowed to complain about lack of drops?
I guess it depends if you are complaining on quantity or quality... ;-)

On my side leveling is still somehow existing, but I am nowhere near efficiency, with running times around 40secs due to too much checking - sometimes even allowing merc to kill the cold immune baddy while picking, no real rune quality, and merc dying too often (hence some gold picking).

Anyway, I'm close to half way now, so maybe I'll get a full set. Now it's been a while I hadn't touched a great one... it must be the time?

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High