[2019] The "I am Overburdened" Tournament! [by Dazliare]

drmalawi said:
Babyhell said:
Oh...well...good point! :D

Guess i'll have to id all one handers then!
There are no Amp charges on those either (and not Decrepify either) - not on any item at all (apart from these Uniques:
Spellsteel - decrep, Gavel of Pain - amp)

Weapons can roll with chance to cast Amp though, so that is probably your best "bet" for getting Amp on your Druid.

Babyhell said:
drmalawi said:
There are no Amp charges on those either (and not Decrepify either) - not on any item at all (apart from these Uniques:
Spellsteel - decrep, Gavel of Pain - amp)

Weapons can roll with chance to cast Amp though, so that is probably your best "bet" for getting Amp on your Druid.
Ok, so chance to cast is not of real interest for now, as I do not want to be in close fight with druid - maybe werebear in hell. Thanks for input @drmalawi !

drmalawi said:
Babyhell said:
Ok, so chance to cast is not of real interest for now, as I do not want to be in close fight with druid - maybe werebear in hell. Thanks for input @drmalawi !
Give weapon to merc (Bow to Rogue - remember she can't wear Crossbows or Amazon bows; Polearm/Javelin/spear to Desert warrior; 1H or 2H Sword to Barbarian)

jonnyphive said:
Barb has finished Act 1 with full clears, ending at level ~20.7.

Although the usual advice is to fight the Countess at /p1, I still like to fight her at /p8 for the sake of full clears at that setting. Accordingly, she dropped a lonely El rune, which I am for some reason still holding onto for the moment. We also started seeing some (unusable) drops, with Cleglaw's Claw showing up twice and Arctic Furs dropping, all before entering the Tamoe Highland.

The Pit was where we faced our first real challenges, in both levels 1 and 2. This double boss pack appeared quickly and very nearly pinned us against the entrance. As you can see, I was employing level 1 shout to tip the odds in our favor however I could:

Looks more like a firing squad than a fair fight...

More double bosspacks followed on Level 2, with cold enchantments aplenty:

Not as bad as what we saw on Level 1, but still dangerously close to pinning us to the entrance.

Starting with these drawn out Pit battles, Howl has gotten a lot of mileage for so early in the game. I will definitely be using it rather than shout to synergize Berserk. After clearing The Pit, progression was smooth right up through the fight with Andariel, but we found some interesting trinkets along the way, including this made-to-fight Andy bow (fire damage and poison resist) and a nifty 20% fire resist grand charm - that will stick with me for a while, I'm sure. My rogue was already using a 3x chipped ruby hunter's bow, so she stuck with that. With no pressure to hoard chippies, it feels liberating to be able to just make some nice "good at this stage" items without feeling a sense of potential future loss. I also found some decent low-level +damage jewels, such as this one, and I am looking forward to putting them in a 3os sword once we hit Act 2. They should help extend my longevity until a few Ith runes, or a nice rare sword, come along.

In the Cathedral, we met out friend Bone Ash, and somehow Basanti and I ended up with rather poor positioning:

Look at the cute little Rogue, tanking like a champ.

The catacombs were fairly easy and full of decent XP (for this level). Here were my stats at level 20 once hitting the level 2 waypoint:

Pretty nice fire and light res for Act 1!

The fight with Andy saw liberal use of antidote potions and Battle Cry, and even at /p8 she was no match for us. No trips to town were needed, and Basanti survived the battle. The drop was meh:

Basanti leveled upon taking down Andy - seems fitting. The chipped topaz and skull were the only drops we saved.

And with that, Barb has settled into Lut Gholein and has begun a lengthy shopping endeavor with Drognan and Fara. The stash feels pretty well organized, although it is full, so I will likely start my conquest of Act 2 with a trip to the Halls of the Dead, as many others have done.

Barb, level 20.7 to-be Whirlzerker, Lut Gholein.

Code:
Forum Name      Hero Name     Class       Level     HC/SC    Last Waypoint       Personalized Item
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oakbrain        Izaida        Assassin       32     HC       Pandemonium Fortress  -
hackedagainanda Oxygen        Paladin        28     HC       Kurast Docks          -
PhineasB        Septimus      Druid          28     SC       Kurast Docks          -
Babyhell        BabyBeasts    Druid          24     SC       Lost city             -
Jocular         Flick         Druid          23     HC       The Maggot Lair       -
Babyhell        BabyBeasts    Druid          22     SC       Halls of the Dead     -
Ghonn           Orianna       Amazon         21     SC       Lut Gholein           -
Dazliare        Tryste        Sorceress      20     HC       Lut Gholein           -
jonnyphive      Barb          Barbarian      20     HC       Lut Gholein           -
Chaostar        Triin         Amazon         19     HC       Inner cloister        -
Hutton          Boris         Necromancer    15     HC       Dark Wood             -
CaseyJones      Ninjara       Assassin       14     HC       Dark Wood             -
srrw            TBA           TBA             0     HC       Rogue Encampment      -
Peytron         Lawrence      Barbarian       1     SC       Rogue Encampment      -
Rosy Maple      Malice        Assassin        1     SC       Rogue Encampment      -

Rosy Maple said:
Thanks for the help @Babyhell!
I haven't been able to hit this as hard as I hoped so far, but I progressed to the outer cloister. Actual progress report coming soon with screenshots and everything. For now the only correction is that Malice is HC!

Code:
Forum Name      Hero Name     Class       Level     HC/SC    Last Waypoint       Personalized Item
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oakbrain        Izaida        Assassin       32     HC       Pandemonium Fortress  -
hackedagainanda Oxygen        Paladin        28     HC       Kurast Docks          -
PhineasB        Septimus      Druid          28     SC       Kurast Docks          -
Babyhell        BabyBeasts    Druid          24     SC       Lost city             -
Jocular         Flick         Druid          23     HC       The Maggot Lair       -
Babyhell        BabyBeasts    Druid          22     SC       Halls of the Dead     -
Ghonn           Orianna       Amazon         21     SC       Lut Gholein           -
Dazliare        Tryste        Sorceress      20     HC       Lut Gholein           -
jonnyphive      Barb          Barbarian      20     HC       Lut Gholein           -
Chaostar        Triin         Amazon         19     HC       Inner cloister        -
Hutton          Boris         Necromancer    15     HC       Dark Wood             -
CaseyJones      Ninjara       Assassin       14     HC       Dark Wood             -
srrw            TBA           TBA             0     HC       Rogue Encampment      -
Peytron         Lawrence      Barbarian       1     SC       Rogue Encampment      -
Rosy Maple      Malice        Assassin        1     HC       Rogue Encampment      -

Couple quick observations. I've never given a kicksin a serious shake before, and I've never successfully played all the way through hardcore either, so the odds are stacked against me. But I'm hoping I can pull this off! Talon is super strong at early levels...even at players 8 I'm killing everything with a single kick barrage. I'm drinking blue potions nonstop though. Need some form of mana leech. I'm thinking unless something cool drops I'll end up making a Black runeword for personalized item. (gotta have that crunching blow! I think that one works in single player?)

Oakbrain said:
A 'Black' flail is pretty good for a kicksin, for some dumb reason I thought it needed an Um instead of an Io so I wasn't seriously considering it as an alternative to 'Strength'. Now that I'm better informed I'll keep a Thul around and hope for an Io in NM. I've already got 5 Nefs for Blood gloves so they're no problem, I can spare one for 'Black' lol.

Chaostar said:
Update for Triin !

Act 1 is done, /p8 all the time, still cleaning every single area, and no real issue but the stash size ^^
I had to use the javelin to slay Andariel, who gave me a first (useless) grailer :

In act2, I headed up to fetch the cube, I had to cube up all these chipped gems

I also made a nice gear for my new boyfriend (I had to fire the girl with her bow)

Another useless grailer on the way

Vipers and poison gave me some trouble, but I'm still fine. I reached lvl 24 and get fend and decoy !

Once all desert zone cleaned, it was the sewers' turn. Radement felt easily.

I'm ready to enter Arcane Sanctuary, then clean every Tal Rasha tomb. it will last a week or two ^^

Code:
Chaostar        Triin         Amazon         25     HC       Arcane Sanctuary      -
Rosy Maple      Malice        Assassin        1     HC       Rogue Encampment      -

Dazliare said:
Chaostar said:
Update for Triin !

Act 1 is done, /p8 all the time, still cleaning every single area, and no real issue but the stash size ^^
I had to use the javelin to slay Andariel, who gave me a first (useless) grailer :

In act2, I headed up to fetch the cube, I had to cube up all these chipped gems

I also made a nice gear for my new boyfriend (I had to fire the girl with her bow)

Another useless grailer on the way

Vipers and poison gave me some trouble, but I'm still fine. I reached lvl 24 and get fend and decoy !

Once all desert zone cleaned, it was the sewers' turn. Radement felt easily.

I'm ready to enter Arcane Sanctuary, then clean every Tal Rasha tomb. it will last a week or two ^^

Code:
Chaostar        Triin         Amazon         25     HC       Arcane Sanctuary      -
Nice work! My week hiatus from gaming is done today so I'll make some progress on Tryste tonight :)

hackedagainanda said:
Travincal went down without much issue.
Screenshot294.jpg

Dropped to players 3 for Mephisto.
Screenshot295.jpg

Diablo was on players 1 for safety concerns.
Screenshot296.jpg

Eldritch dropped some very fancy boots for me.
Screenshot297.jpg

Screenshot300.jpg

The bow provided some much needed attack rating for my ranger.

Screenshot301.jpg

I took out corpsefire and crew and made my way to the cold plains. Leaving it on players 1.

Code:
hackedagainanda Oxygen        Paladin        42     HC       Cold Plains NM        -

Oakbrain said:
I got a fair bit done today, breaking through to NM Black Marsh and level 49. Nothing really interesting in Normal Acts IV or V tbh, IMO the latter especially only gets interesting when the guest monsters appear in NM and Hell, but I digress.

I said earlier that I was going to max DS but in the end I only put 10 points in it and am now taking SM to 17 instead. This is because I think 10 DS is effective against large mobs since they'll all crowd together, and doesn't need maxing (along with LS for synergy) until Hell where dual Fire/Phys immunes might show up. On the other hand a one point SM is pretty crap.

Some progress screens:

Hellforge and Diablo drops. I've got my Amn stashed in case I need a 'Strength' weapon. Diablo was simply Life-tapped and ground down.
Screenshot013.jpg
Screenshot017.jpg

This little fella is my weapon swap now and is a standard part of my tactics for any nasty mobs and act bosses. Eventually I should be able to shop a Level 2+ Life Tap wand or dagger but this is fine for now.
Screenshot015.jpg

This chap was quite dangerous and I had to Life Tap him shortly after this.
Screenshot019.jpg

Highest rune I've found so far, I'm keeping it for cubing up but it may end up just being sold.
Screenshot002.jpg

Baal getting the full works. Even with Life Tap I had to drink a couple of Full Rejuvs though. Useless drops when he died but never mind.
Screenshot004.jpg
Screenshot005.jpg

I don't have any gameplay screens of NM yet because it hasn't really been anything special, but here's my current stash and inventory. As I'm sure some of you can guess, I'll be powershopping for a Jeweller's Tower Shield of Deflecting for the Perfect Diamonds. The Blood gauntlet crafting can wait until I feel my damage isn't cutting it and I need CB. The saber in the stash is a Rare with Amp Damage and I'm saving it to use on dual Fire/Phys immunes later on. The Sharkskin boots I'm wearing were a considerable damage boost over Greaves even if the magical mods sucked by comparison (defense boost compared to +21 mf and 19 Fire Resist).
Screenshot007.jpg
Char screen:
Screenshot008.jpg

Code:
Oakbrain        Izaida        Assassin       49     HC       Black Marsh NM        -
hackedagainanda Oxygen        Paladin        42     HC       Cold Plains NM        -

Dazliare said:
Tryste has completed the first areas of act 2, up through the Maggot Lair. Honestly, I don't have much to say at this point lol. I found a Pilim with CtC Amp Damage on it that I'm using now, and circlet gambling hasn't yielded much.

Level 24, next up is the Lost City

Chaostar said:
So, Triin died in the 3rd tomb she was cleaning.
Everything went fine, until she faced a pack of champion Unreveler. They kept killing her merc, and she was simply not able to lower their HP. They regenerated life too fast.

I should have skip and go back to another tomb, but I was angry, and went further down the tomb.
I ended up in a close room, alone, surrunded by a pack a monster. I would have killed them all, but I ran out of potions, and as we can't save & exit, I had to watch her die.

this build was not the best for this kind of challenge, I knew that :)

Good luck to you guyz !

Dazliare said:
Oh no! Deeds suck - sorry about Triin :( I do hope you'll re-enter with another character

I've had an almost identical death to yours. It's hard to do, but I find the best thing to do when frustrated like that is to take a break and come back later

QUESTION FOR ALL

How does everyone feel about a small rules change? I'll make a decision based on the feed back I get here

With this new rule, players would be able to personalize a second item for mercenary use only. I really want people to be able to use that cool thing that drops, but I was worried if I let folks use all three personalizations, a lot of folks would end up in the same gear (spirit, insight, etc etc). This change wouldn't affect that, since the player character can still only wield one personalized item, but would allow for some interesting choices

peytron said:
Dazliare said:
Oh no! Deeds suck - sorry about Triin :( I do hope you'll re-enter with another character

I've had an almost identical death to yours. It's hard to do, but I find the best thing to do when frustrated like that is to take a break and come back later

QUESTION FOR ALL

How does everyone feel about a small rules change? I'll make a decision based on the feed back I get here

With this new rule, players would be able to personalize a second item for mercenary use only. I really want people to be able to use that cool thing that drops, but I was worried if I let folks use all three personalizations, a lot of folks would end up in the same gear (spirit, insight, etc etc). This change wouldn't affect that, since the player character can still only wield one personalized item, but would allow for some interesting choices
I think that may be beneficial, my only hesitation would be that some people that are further along than me may have already thrown away useful merc weapons they otherwise would have kept.

Oakbrain said:
@Chaostar - sorry to hear that, I hope you'll jump back in with a new character.

@Dazliare, @peytron - of course you'd ask that right after I sold a Kelpie Snare! Honestly though, I don't mind a rule change like that.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High