2019 Spring Rune Finding League - Final Results [by Grape]

Originally posted by jjscud

Well, another abysmal showing from me. I shouldn't complain too much as I put together a new char for each round. I actually ran 2 1/3 sets this time. I got nothing from the third set, not that there was much to it. I even did a couple hours of AS at one point with decent run times, 70-80 seconds, but had nothing at all to show for that. Well, I did die once from my frantic pace and that was a bit of a turn off and part of the reason I returned to the safety of the pits. Anyways, here are a couple things that will go to good use, probably sooner than later. The Ohm is from the first set and the Jah and Tal from the second.

Congrats to all, I've been quite impressed with some of the improvements in efficiency I've seen since my return and thanks to Grape for hosting.
14007-0af9f89121d4d62b4c6521e9012fe5ec.jpg
14008-a8c548f6d56426fbeb22572988495e2e.jpg
14009-6aee220f26236f6a406e7e7b4af4d884.jpg

Originally posted by maxicek

Despite regularly getting packs like the one below, I disappointed by the drops this round, on all fronts.
Smith RFL2019 Alvl85 Packs.jpg

Runes
2x Pul
Um
Ist
Mal
Vex
Ohm
Smith RFL2019 Alvl85 Vex.jpg
Smith RFL2019 Alvl85 Ohm.jpg
Yes, neither of by best two runes came from a Vizer seal pack.

Approximately 110 PGs
109 Jewels, almost all junk except this:
Code:
Shimmering Jewel of Carnage
Jewel
Required Level: 18
Fingerprint: 0x2b624d3e
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+13 to Maximum Damage
Cold Resist +10%
Lightning Resist +10%
Fire Resist +10%
Poison Resist +10%

Jewelery
2x Cat's Eye
2x Dwarf Star
1x Nature's Peace
1x Ravenfrost
No decent rares

Charms
Chilling of Greed (21%)
2x Expert's
Fletcher's of Inertia
Fungal
Shogukusha's
Sparking
Sparking of Greed (35%)
Steel Grand Charm of Sustenance (34)

Items
Arakine's Valour (+2)
Arreat's Face
Executioner's Justice
Lacerator
Fleshripper
Verdungo's (Ethereal)
Kira's (Ethereal)

Once again congratulations to all those who finished in the points, and especially @WoRG for the overall win.

Thanks @Grape for hosting :)

Originally posted by peytron

Congratulations to everyone on their haul. I just wasn't able to get enough time in the last couple rounds, but here is my feeble attempt for qualifiers in the run up to midnight on Thursday (top 5 for the couple hours I got in, figured I would haulpic it anyway :) ):
1.jpg
I did find one grailer, and one decent SC as well:
2.jpg
3.jpg
Hopefully things will settle down a bit and I can get some more time for playing and being active on the forums. Making an attempt at the "Overburdened" tourney at the moment.

Originally posted by WoRG

Thanks for all the congrats, I'm pretty amazed I actually won this! It was pretty gratifying to be able to run in 1.07 and still compete, even if it does boil down to luck with the RNG! Congrats to all the other runners, and wow at @art_vandelay for the Zod from AS!!

I ran Chaos Sanctuary with my 'zon, the same character I ran cows with for the first round...but as a Multishot bowzon instead of a furyzon. She used pretty much the same equipment as she did for cows, but as she didn't do nearly as much herding, I swapped out her crafted boots for Goblin Toes for the extra Crushing Blow, and I crafted her a better bow before round 3 started... I had initially thought I could get her down to 7fpa, not realizing that in 1.07, mat bows are speed 0, not -10...but at least I could use Gface instead of ValkWing and still hit 8fpa.

She is a LOT of fun to play, and is surprisingly safe...with a fast, hurty bow, 75%CB (15%gloves, 35%Gface, 25%GoblinToe), Amp from her Saracen's, and the range and area coverage of 1.07 Multishot, it was pretty rare for anything to get close enough to threaten her! Even de Seis usually wasn't too scary! I also killed Diablo as well...his drops are crap in 1.07, but he does give decent XP (at least until lvl96).

I ran in multiplayer games to up player settings...CS is big enough to make this quite worthwhile. I ran 6 player games (1 host, my lvl99 sorc to teleblitz to CS through the random RoF maps and open a portal, my runner, and 3 partied toons in-level). I'm pretty sure this is a lot of the reason I did so well overall, you get a lot more drops this way!

Overall, I was somewhat disappointed with drops...I got very few uniques, except from Diablo, and he only ever drops from his normal TC in 1.07...I did get a few items for the eth grail, but thats about it...lots of flawless gems, but fewer jewels and charms than I expected.

As for runes, I got a Gul from Infector's pack about 2 hours in, then Ohm from a random finger mage or doom knight at about 9 hours. Then a long spell of no qualifiers until de Seis' pack dropped a Mal at about 18 hours...
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
As I ran CS, it seems appropriate to do the Diablo haulpic thing...I couldn't decide which I liked better, so I'm attaching both:
RFL19r3_haulpic1.jpg
RFL19r3_haulpic2.jpg
Sorry for the delay in posting...I didn't get back from vacation until early Tuesday morning, worked Tuesday, came home to find the power out (didn't come back on until after I went to bed), then found Wednesday after work that the power supply in my PC was dead, so I couldn't get online until this evening after installing a new one...

WoRG

Any insta-death scares or advice for HC build? I'd be tempted to try this, as sorc is kinda slow in CS.

Did you have your other characters in CS during the runes or in town?
GridGod didn't win? The times have changed indeed... :p

Congrats to all! It's still super fun to look at all the drops.
Look, it's Nulio!
NULIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
@pharphis no real insta-death scares, though de Seis could occasionally be hairy (tho that depended on the map as much as his mods...if it was one of the straighter maps that allowed long-range bombardment, he just died...;)) She really was quite safe, and I didn't even have D/A/E (so, also no Valk), which would up safety even more. I also ran with no merc (I didn't want to replace her barb merc, who is quite useful elsewhere, but just insta-gibbs himself in CS due to IM)... a rogue or act3 guy might help a bit.

I left the game host in act1, and the sorc in town in ActIV after teleblitzing thru RoF and portaling in CS (I did this because I found running thru RoF much more dangerous...with random maps, it was all too easy to get trapped and swarmed in dead ends, and the right bosspack of Abyss Knights can be REALLY deadly!) The three partied toons went into the portal to CS as soon as I cleared it, and stayed there for the rest of the run, upping drop odds by the equivalent of 2 non-partied players each! (Not sure if the two other nonpartied players help any, but if so, then it would be the equivalent of /p9 drops :p)

WoRG

Originally posted by Babyhell

Better late than never - the two HR dropped in the first set of the last round, LoIo (sic) and Ohm, and the set haulpic.

Now i can grab them from qualifiers stash!
UjbZfGWl.jpg

Originally posted by CaseyJones

Congrats to all those who placed in the tournament and all those who managed a nice haul!

Thanks to @Grape for hosting!

Here's my qualifier haul
qualifiershaul.jpg

My full rune tally and other interesting items:
EL - 5
Eld - 1
Tir - 7
Nef - 6
Eth - 13
Ith - 4
Tal - 10
Ral - 8
Ort - 15
Thul- 7
Amn - 9
Sol - 8
Shael-6
Dol - 9
Hel - 2
Io - 3
Lum - 2
Ko - 2
Fal - 2
Pul - 2
Um - 3 (1 was chest drop)
Ohm - 1

125 runes

Other notable items:
Raven Frost unique ring (equipped)
GC +35 life/+35 mana
Tal Rasha's Lidless Eye orb
Scintillating Jewel of Carnage - +15 res all, +13 max damage, lvl 26
Gheed's charm - lower than one I already had so left it
Nosferatu's Coil unique belt (equipped)
+19 life SC
Shaftstop unique mesh armor
Spirit Keeper unique Earth Spirit

All in all managed a couple nice grailers, many levels, and much fun!

Next for me is to grind out the rest of that Call To Arms, an Enigma and an Infinity on LK chest runs! Then a short character history write up and an official join to the untwinked 99er :)

Sorry for the late results post, was out of town all last week.

Originally posted by Grape

One belated collective thanks to all involved!

It was a pleasure to host and always very exciting to start opening the results PMs and see the results forming in front of your eyes.

During this RFL I was unfortunately big chunks away from home, and most of the time so busy then that I didn't participate a lot. As a matter of fact, none of my rounds were full 20 hours. Still I enjoyed the time I had, well, not a huge fun of Cow running, especially 1.07, but otherwise all around great fun!

Still - as I played 1.07 it was truly incredible to see @WoRG pull out such an amazing score. True, it seems the RNG was truly on his side, but looks like the execution was superb overall as well. Congrats dude!

Personally I didn't find any qualifiers, but slow stream of crafting mats were dropping, and I gotta believe it's just a matter of time I hit something sweet, isn't it? :p

It's easy to pick my favorite item found from all these rounds:
Screenshot1168.jpg
Always a pleasure to find high vita lifers (and even very useful one), more so than some lazy high runes ;) (okay, okay I could use some of those in 1.07). This was found during the last round.

There were other useful items as well, but I hurried to mule those into separate stashes already.

Looking forward to the next RFL, about the same time next year I guess. It will be already the fourth one :eek:

See you around, and hope to see many of you in MFO as well, which I've seen now mentioned couple of times. Awesome.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High