[2018] Weekend Warrior Tournament [by DiabloTwoinDC]

DiabloTwoinDC said:
Relâmpago - LF Zon 7:05 pm Sunday
1608276077757.png
Why not? Don't have a LF Zon yet. My "weekend" is Monday/Tuesday. So, I've got till 11:59pm on Tuesday for her. ;)

Go, Go, Go!

Edit:
Lvl 18: A1 - 55 mins
1608276088592.png
Lvl 25: A2 - 59 mins
Lvl 29: A3 - 36 mins

Pijus said:
This looks like fun. I'll give it a shot with a HC character. Start time is 12.00 on monday. I'll be running druid. I usually play really slowly, so this should be a challenge for me :p

EDIT: Got my days mixed up. Start time was 12,00 on Sunday. In other words, about 4 hours ago. I made it to act3 in 2 hours and 4 minutes, and respecced from full Poison Creeper to Rabies. Acts1 and 2 were played on players1.

DiabloTwoinDC said:
Relâmpago - LF Zon 8:45 am Monday
Nice lvl 30 javs I found in one of my Zon stashes. :)
1608276241449.png
Lvl 32: A4 - 25 mins

Edit:
Lvl 43: A5 - 37 mins

Highlight of normal was definitely lvl 20+ Charged Strike dropping all 3x Ancients in <5 sec. :D

Lvl 51: A1 NM - 42 mins
Lvl 57: A2 NM - 43 mins (couldn't find anything in the desert!! :mad:)
** Twinked LF Zon is just unfair **
Lvl 62: A3 NM - 47 mins (Spider -> Marsh -> Flayer :mad: )
Lvl 65: A4 NM - 25 mins
** Time for some upgrades ** ;)
Lvl 72: A5 NM - 40 mins

DiabloTwoinDC said:
Relâmpago - LF Zon 7:30 pm Monday
She is a killer. May want to beef up her resists though..
1608276281306.png

Edit:
Lvl 75: A1 Hell - 35 mins
Lvl 78: A2 Hell - 46 mins?
Lvl 79: A3 Hell - 52 mins (many LIs in A3..)
Lvl 80: A4 Hell - 26 mins (more LIs.. this could be painful without 'Infinity')

DiabloTwoinDC said:
Relâmpago - LF Zon 9:00 pm Tuesday
That was fun. Finished her off at lvl 82. I never noticed so many LIs before.. Definitely nice to have 'Infinity'. Still, she will be looking forward to roasting some hamburgers in the future. I think I will try to complete 1x Weekend Warrior for each class. Who knows when I will have another weekend all to myself though.. :rolleyes:
Gear:
Code:
Helm - 10/-15 Griffons
Amulet - +2 Zon/Prismatic (rare)
Weps - Upped Titan's/Thunderstroke
Armor - 'Chains of Honor' Wire Fleece
Shield - 'Sanctuary' Troll Nest/Moser's
Gloves - +2 Jav skills (rare)
Rings - Dual Leech (rare)/Raven Froat
Belt - Razortail
Boots - War Traveller
Skills: - Should I bother going for Valk at this point? or just sink additional points into Lightning Strike?
Power Strike - 20
Lightning Bolt- 20
Charged Strike - 20
Lightning Fury - 20
Crit/Penetrate/Pierce - 1

Not many pics. Found a near perfect Bonesnap, and managed another Um from HF:
1608276443578.png
1608276454653.png

Pijus said:
Well, my time is up. I just managed to beat Baal in nightmare.

My build was Rabies/Fury druid. I played him speedrun style. That means untwinked, and players1. I did switch to players3 here and there when my Rabies damage was good enough.

Skill points:
20 Poison Creeper
20 Rabies
3 Fury
Rest is Lycantrophy

Currently level 58

He started by running normal countess to get Stealth. He found a few Ral and Tal runes, but no Eth. Eventually I managed to cube up an Eth somewhere in act2 or 3. He also made Zephyr, another popular speedrun runeword. The FRW and IAS on it is great for applying Rabies. Most of normal difficulty was a breeze. Things started to slow down in act5. Due to playing on players1, I was really underleveled. I think I reached act5 at level 25 or 26. I also had trouble hitting things due to my low level and low attack rating. Even with all that, Rabies was effective at killing everything except Lister and his pack. Baal took a while because I had no crushing blow. I killed him with Rabies and perseverance.

In Nightmare things started to look much better. I ran past any undead, and used rabies on anything fleshy. Damage was good enough. I tried to run the countess for useful runes, but got nothing that I needed. I wanted Shael to make a Rhyme shield, but she didn't give it. I got a Io for Black, but didn't have a Nef or a base to make it in. I moved on. NM Andariel wasn't very scary. I used a combination of Rabies and running away to beat her.

Act2 nightmare was probably the best act. I hired Ilzan the might merc. At first he had trouble surviving, but I kept reviving him. My rabies damage was high enough to go on players3 for a few areas. Beetles are really susceptible to poison. I found a 3 socket Knout somewhere around the Lost City. I went back to countess and got myself a Nef rune and completed my Black Knout. This made Duriel really easy pickings. He dropped Steelgoad, which has a 75% chance to scare monsters. Ilzan loved it.

Act3 had giant packs of flayers, which was perfect for rabies. This act went by really fast. Ilzan was staying alive really well now. I needed him to kill undead dolls which were plentiful in Durance 1 and 2. Mephisto didn't stand a chance against my Black.

In act4 I killed Izual and did the Hellforge. It actually dropped a Shael, so I went back to normal, shopped for a bone shield, and made Rhyme. Around this time I also made a Lore helm in a druid pelt with +1 to Rabies. I socketed the pelt with the cube and was lucky to get 2 sockets. Venom Lords in act4 NM are immune to poison, so I needed Ilzan to help me deal with them. My damage against them was good, but it was really hard to hit them. Infector and his pals killed Ilzan a few times, but I ran around the chaos sanctuary very hard and managed to split then up. One by one they stood no chance.

Diablo was a pushover.

Rabies was getting maxed around this time. I started putting all skill points into lycantrophy. My health went from 960in act4 to 1300 by the end act5. Act5 in general was pretty easy. It had a lot of poison immune skeletons, but everything else was fleshy and died well to rabies. There were a few areas with Moon Lords and Snakes. None of them could handle Rabies. Ilzan was starting to have some trouble surviving though.

I saved Anya, but skipped any other unnecessary areas. The ancients were a bit dangerous. I rerolled them a few times until I got favorable mods. Talic FE, Korlic Teleportation and Madawc Spectral Hit. They still hit pretty hard, but I separated them simply by running around a bit, and took them out one by one. Ilzan survived the fight.

The WSK was a nice area. There was nothing there that was too dangerous or resistant. Rabies even works in Gloams in players1 nightmare. Baal's waves were not too bad, but I had trouble with Ventar the Unholy. His gang is poison immune. They managed to trap me because of how fast they are. I drank potions and tried to fight my way out, but eventually had to S&E. On second try I cleared the throne room completely, and lured them and Lister away. Baal was annoying with his teleportation and his frost waves. But I had crushing blow. He hits really hard with his melee attack. He actually got me down to like 10% health, because I kept letting him hit me. He didn't drop anything notable.

Fang the Fury/Rabies druid is now in act1 Hell, but time is up. His resistances are great. In nightmare, maxed lightning and over 50 cold and fire. And he found 3 Io runes, so he cubed up a Lum. He doesn't have a Nef, but he could easily find it and make Smoke. Then he'd have very good resists even in hell.

As a final note, this character had the sickest amulet luck I've ever seen. First was in act5 normal, the second was at the start of nightmare, and the third was in Baal throneroom in nightmare.

Rune Mark
Amulet
Required Level: 31
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0x84d71352
+23 to Life
+8 to Mana
All Resistances +20
+1 to Barbarian Skill Levels

Wraith Collar
Amulet