[2018] Tournament: Set/Unique Worshippers 2017 [by jiansonz]

@kstuart: Welcome, and Good Luck!
Annoying with the failed Tarnhelms. The Gnasher isn't bad, though.

--------------------------------------------------------

25 greens and golds in the previous act, 20 in this one. MF improved a little bit further.

We managed to kill everything else before Sszark. Big spider hung around and watched us killing the rest. (They do that sometimes if nobody touches them and they aren't provoked in some other way.)

It attacked the Valkyrie - just as we want it to:

ViriNM13, Sszark.jpg

The Gidbinn pack didn't show up for a long time. I went looking for them in all possible places nearby. After over a minute, they spawned and almost mobbed me. Geez...and then the boss didn't drop any Gidbinn. Oh well, it's just a little gold anyway.

Flayer Dungeon level 2 had a room with a LOT of flayers, and all of them had help from a Might aura. Decoys were destroyed in seconds. Just the sight of all that Might was scary! I found it best to withdraw, find the other way around the level and pick them off from the rear, in smaller numbers. Here is when I first got a view of the little pest:

ViriNM14, little pest.jpg

Angelic Halo #2 (Spider Forest)
Vidala's Barb #2 (Spider Forest)
[Highlight]Ichorsting[/Highlight] (Great Marsh sparkly chest)
[Highlight]Gorefoot[/Highlight] (Great Marsh Gloam boss)
Naj's Circlet (Flayer Dungeon level 2)

Another Halo, and here I had just shelved my Angelic setup for the Vidala's/Sigon's with topazed armor.
I was committed to find the LK waypoint this session, though. But afterwards, I swapped in Angelic Mantle and Wings, added the second ring and muled in Sigon's Guard. I took Blade of Ali Baba and my Barbarian friend had to make do with Bloodletter (again, although it's another dude now). MF at this stage was up to +384% for Vikhyat's kills and +248% otherwise.

Unless I'm in an emergency, I now summon my Valkyrie in town, switching to my spear and taking off my amulet so I can summon a level 7 valkyrie.

Bloodletter worked quite well. Not at all annoying kill speed against the smaller enemies, but somewhat annoying vs. treebeasts, Maulers and such. I much preferred poisonous valkyries, now that the merc no longer dealt poison damage himself.

We met Gloams both on Great Marsh and Swampy Pit levels 1 and 2. Now without Sigon's armor, Viri's lightning resist was 6% with sword/shield and 21% with spear, while sporting Avoid level 1+2 and 1+1, respectively. Wasn't too bad - I was careful and used a lot of Decoys in strategic places. This boss was hard for Vikhyat to kill, due to very high physical resistance:

ViriNM15, Stone Skin Gloam.jpg

At the start of the session when I cleared Kurast Bazaar, I got into an annoying situation where a wounded Faithful boss fled back to Lower Kurast. Can't leave it there, that drop is MINE! Problem was, there were numerous bosspacks in LK (one each of ape, vulture and leaper) that we had to kill to get at that Faithful boss (and some other Faithfuls). I feel slightly bad about gaining some visible extra XP I wasn't due, but I think it's not so bad in this tournament (where the connection between clvl and ilvl on shopping/gambling is much less important than usual). I kept good track of which loot was mine and which was off-limits. And of course this happened (all the drops shown here are off-limits):

ViriNM16, off-limits drops.jpg

What's even more remarkable - a few moments later, an ape minion dropped the unique War Scythe!
(BTW, I had to identify that amulet since it could be a grailer. It wasn't - Cathan's)

Berserker's Headgear #2 (Arachnid Lair)
[Highlight]Stormeye[/Highlight] (Lower Kurast)
Isenhart's Case #2 (Lower Kurast)
[Highlight]Snakecord[/Highlight] (Lower Kurast)
[Highlight]Nightsmoke[/Highlight] (Kurast Bazaar)
Sigon's Gage #2 (Sewers)
[Highlight]Soulflay[/Highlight] (Icehawk Riftwing)
Tal Rasha's Fine-Spun Cloth (Upper Kurast)
[Highlight]Felloak[/Highlight] (Forgotten Reliquary)
[Highlight]Stormstrike[/Highlight] #2 (Durance level 1)
[Highlight]Twitchthroe[/Highlight] (Durance level 1)
Angelic Halo #3 (Durance level 1)
Sigon's Visor (chest in Durance level 3)
Isenhart's Lightbrand #3 (Mephisto)
[Highlight]Bloodtree Stump[/Highlight] (Mephisto)

Took Mephisto on /players 8. Was wary of his lightning but had boosted poison/cold resists with potions. He attacked the Valkyrie if she was closest, and he almost couldn't kill her unless he used a combo with poison, so it was a pretty easy fight. Charged Strike is great against bulky creatures. Merc had Guillaume's for most of the fight, which probably sped things up.

[Highlight]Viridissima the Valkyrie/Charged Strike Amazon and Vikhyat the Barbarian, level 64, NM Pandemonium Fortress, 82 S/U items found[/Highlight]

Last edited:
Great progress @jiansonz and as always a great write-up.

Very happy to be back with a progress report finally!

Well, that was almost certainly the longest it has ever taken me to get through Normal Act 2. Not so much in game time, just in life time.

We started out by shopping a 3os Claymore for Roland and fitting it out with chipped emeralds. We also hired Hazade the Prayer merc. Ready to roll, we smashed our way into Act 2 using 1pt Holy Freeze as our main aura.

Deathspade dropped in the Stony Tomb and was put on switch.
01 Deathspade.jpg

When The Gnasher dropped in Ancient Tunnels we said goodbye to the Claymore. Deathspade with the Pelta Lunata now our main weapon and Gnasher on switch. Gnasher has some nice mods but just doesn't do enough damage to work with Vengeance.
02 Gnasher.jpg

Disaster in the Claw Viper Temple saw another Deathspade drop and Hazade was now weaponless. Three one-handed axes isn't a great start to the S/U weapons. Now at level 25 and with 850k gold it seemed like a good time to do a bit of gambling. Blew the lot on Poleaxes, Tridents, Brandistocks and Long Bows, and unsurprisingly got nothing.
03 Deathspade.jpg

Hazade really does nothing much in the way of damage with no weapon, so it was all up to Roland. We made the switch to Meditation aura to help our mana problem. Once the blue bulb was drained, we could get a Vengeance attack 1 in 4 swings.

Another gambling session after clearing the Canyon. Still no luck.

And then into the Tombs. The first one coughed up Milabrega's Rod. Which was an improvement over Deathspade.
04 Milabrega.jpg

Level 28 was reached in the 5th Tomb, which was also Kaa's tomb. Tomb 6 dropped Steelgoad, whcih made me and Hazade happy, until I remembered it has 75% chance to flee. Still, it had to be an improvement over no weapon? Right?
05 Steelgoad.jpg

Turns out it wasn't too bad. With slow monsters like Zombies, Hazade could get 2-3 hits in before they could 'run' out of range, and that was usually enough to kill them. Faster and larger monsters, Roland could soften up first and then let Hazade finish them off. So onwards we went with much improved killing speed.

Tomb 6 also dropped Isenhart's Case, losing Hazade his flawed topaz armour.
06 Isenhart.jpg

Another gambling session, this time for Skull Caps, Kite Shields, Daggers, Heavy Gloves and Long Bows. Then it was time for Tomb 7.

Nothing special in the Tomb so it was on to Duriel. I brought out the Death's Guard for the CBF, but it didn't seem to help. Still, the Gnasher went to work and p8 Duriel died without much trouble. One trip back to town for fresh pots.

Duriel's drop was pretty good and the Swordback Hold is now on switch with the Gnasher ... 100% OW!
07 Duriel.jpg

MF is 66% and 92% on merc kills.

Equipped S/Us carried over from Act 1 and not mentioned above are Arctic Furs and Arctic Binding.

Roland the Avenger, Lvl 28, Normal Act 3, Kurast Docks

Last edited:
Dezrok said:
Tomb 6 dropped Steelgoad, whcih made me and Hazade happy, until I remembered it has 75% chance to flee. Still, it had to be an improvement over no weapon? Right?

Turns out it wasn't too bad. With slow monsters like Zombies, Hazade could get 2-3 hits in before they could 'run' out of range, and that was usually enough to kill them.
I had the same experience for most of Act III. It's annoying but still deals decent damage. Much better than no merc weapon, at least.

Dezrok said:
...so it was on to Duriel. I brought out the Death's Guard for the CBF, but it didn't seem to help.

Holy Freeze bypasses CBF, so that wasn't surprising.

Nice find with the Swordback Hold.

Last edited:
---Alright guys, Jens-Rune is officially out of the tournament.

Shortly after my last update Jens-Rune found Bonesnap. This was soon upgraded to exceptional and the rest of the act was a breeze. The battle with Baal lasted about four minutes on /players 8. He was living the dream.

Nightmare turned out to be a bit more troublesome than I thought. The damage was no problem as you can imagine. However, chance to his something went down to around 60%. Sometimes he could miss like 6 times before scoring a hit which is very furstrating when you know that two hits is all you need to kill the target.

Anyway, disaster struck in Tamoe Highland.

Somehow, Jens-Rune got surrounded by a pack of Carvers and his 1400 HP started to go down very quickly. In my attempt to whirl him out, the adrenalin went up and I hit the windows key and it was all one mess realy. I jumped back in game and hit Esc to review the situation. He was at 150 life and wasn't able to walk his way out. I decided to try one last time and lost another 100 HP right away. I didn't feel like ending his life when I had the option so I hit Save and Exit.

Jens-Rune is dead. Sort of anyway.

I'll see if I can find the strength to join the tournament with another character.

Set/Unique Martyrs
Code:
Player:            Name:           Class:       Build:            Level:  S/U found:  Area:
----------------   ------------    -----------  ----------------  ------  ----------  --------------------
Oakbrain           Jathnolf        Barbarian    Berserk/War Cry   54      ???         NM Act II Far Oasis
zoo                Jens-Rune       Barbarian    Whirlwind         51      27          NM Act I Tamoe Highland
Wolron             Durbanex        Druid        Summoner          49      25          NM Act I Dark Tower

Last edited:
A bit more progress having reached the Inner Cloister now. One failed unique hawk helm and much more usefully Bone Ash dropped me Deaths Hand gloves. So thats a whopping 2 S/U's so far.... Still would be nice if the right gems dropped so i can address that as i have a whole er 9% MF currently because only one topaz has dropped to date. 5 emeralds so far though so one away from giving merc a better bow.

My skellie army is doing its business although i am still a long way away from figuring out what to do with excess kill points. Never really bothered with CE so may go with some bone stuff being its hardcore and having some bone armour would be useful. Suspect it'll be bone spirit and bone wall getting maxed. This is different to how i usually do fishymancers as i usually go for poison nova.

@zoo sorry that stinks about losing your tourney status. Was he out of purples at that point? I sometimes get all amped up and miss my purple keys and die that way.

@jiansonz 45 S/U in two acts eh? That's impressive. Between A4 and A5 in normal I got a total of five. Things have started out a bit better in A1NM, garnering me six through the outer cloister minus the Tamoe Highlands (I just ran through it to get to the WP and will go back and clear it next time). Two were actually pretty useful too!

Had time to finish act 1 which i just managed.

Andariel dropped a diamond... Still there was a chipped topa finally too so i have doubled my MF to 18%. Did drop a stoutnail as well which is on switch and means i am one weapon drop away from a pokey stickless merc... Which raises a question if i get a bow for next S/U and having switched to a Act 2 merc for the aura for my minions is there anything saying i cant skip into Act 1 to change back to a bow merc?

Also had failed set falchion and failed duskdeep in this spell Still Chocopower is in Act 2 ready for some mummies rocking level er 20

@zoo: Ouch, that's rough.

(It's easy to sit here and say it, but couldn't you have used Howl and/or made a Leap Attack out of the mob before it started to get dangerous?)

And for the lots-of-whiffing thing: I remember the first tournament of this kind I hosted. I played a Concentrate Barbarian there, and he had an underpowered weapon for most of Nightmare. Battle Cry was very important for my character - he used it on nearly every monster in NM and Hell.

kstuart said:
Which raises a question if i get a bow for next S/U and having switched to a Act 2 merc for the aura for my minions is there anything saying i cant skip into Act 1 to change back to a bow merc?

You can always go back to earlier acts (and even difficulties) for hiring mercs.

Last edited:
Good to see new faces joing :)

Too bad about Jens-Rune though :-(

Oberon meanwhile made it to the Dry Hills without any bigger problems. This is mostly because I chose to invest some skill points in Shockwave - it rocks! Really, this must be one of the best skills ever. Most annoying thing until now were Fire Immunes...Shockwave didn't help much against those, but in Act I the damage of my Act III Cold merc was enought for the few FIs (mostly unique Shamans). In Act II all Burning Skeletons are FI, that's why I switched to an HF merc and gave him the upped Razortine. Damage isn't spectacular, but it's enough for now.

My MF isn't what would like it to be, with a 15% MF Nagelring and a 17% one, as well as Milabrega's Orb. That's only 52% total...still, I found 9 more Set/Uniques - the most useful being The General's Tan Do Li Ga. Same speed as Isenhart's Lightbrand, but ML and slows target. The ML is not enough, due to the low physical damage, so I think about upping it (need to invest more points in Dex then, though). Notable was the increase in range over Isenhart's Lightbrand. Now I can stand behind my merc and attack the monsters while they hit the merc :)
09 - The General's Tan Do Li Ga.jpg

At one point I was wondering, where all those Bloodcrows were coming from until I finally spotted their nest behind some bushes:
03 - Foul Crow Nest.jpg

Bone Flesh and Gorefoot were nice finds, especially since I am now completely dressed in S/Us! Yay!
04 - Bone Flesh.jpg
08 - Gorefoot.jpg
Andariel dropped some jewelry, but instead of dropping a SOJ, I only got Manald Heal...well, I'll stick with my Nagelrings, thank you very much.
10 - Andariel drop.jpg

I will now try to max Volcano for the physical damage component, will see if that's the right choice or if I just should have gone for maxed Fissure instead. Shock Wave is going to get some points, too, for the longer stun duration.

The 9 S/Us I found in Act I NM:
Iratha's Coil #2
Hsaru's Iron Stay

Boneflesh
Lance of Yaggai

Cathan's Seal
Isenhart's Lightbrand #3

Gorefoot
The General's Tan Do Li Ga
Manald Heal

[highlight]Oberon, level 54 Fire Claws Druid, and Neeraj, the HF merc, NM Act II Dry Hills next. 36 S/Us found so far.[/highlight]
Set/Unique Worshippers Leaderboard
Code:
Player:            Name:           Class:       Build:            Level:  S/U found:  Area:
----------------   ------------    -----------  ----------------  ------  ----------  ----------------
jiansonz           Viridissima     Amazon       Valkyrie/CS       64       82         NM Act IV Panda Fortress
Southpaw8668       Wuzhul          Necromancer  Skelliemancer     54      ???         NM Act II Far Oasis
Grisu              Oberon          Druid        Fire Claws        54       36         NM Act II Dry Hills
Charlo             KulKanta        Druid        Ele-Summoner      46       17         NM Act I Stony Field
OldSoldier         AndrewNiteTorch Paladin      Charge            48      ???         NM Act I Rogue Encampment
Drystan            Goldilocks      Amazon       ??                32       12         Act IV Panda Fortress
Dezrok             Roland          Paladin      Avenger           28       11         Act III Kurast Docks
ioupainmax         Habacalva       Sorceress    Melee Enchantress 22        3         Act II Dry Hills
kstuart            Chocopower      Necromancer  Fishymancer       20      ???         Act II Lut Gholein
Wolron             Pam             Amazon       Passivezon        20      ???         Act II Lut Gholein
GothamsBeard       Envy            Amazon       Elemental Bowzon  ??      ???         Act II Lut Gholein
hackedagainanda    Conrad          Paladin      Frost Zealot      ??      ???         Act II Lut Gholein
RedTang            PaniSuka        Sorceress    FO/Lightning      ??      ???         Act I Outer Cloister
Oakbrain           Olyssia         Assassin     Lightning Trapsin 18        0         Act I Outer Cloister 
Dazliare           Pestilence      Druid        Rabies            ??      ???         Act I Stony Field

Set/Unique Martyrs
Code:
----------------   ------------    -----------  ----------------  ------  ----------  --------------------
Oakbrain           Jathnolf        Barbarian    Berserk/War Cry   54      ???         NM Act II Far Oasis
zoo                Jens-Rune       Barbarian    Whirlwind         51      27          NM Act I Tamoe Highland
Wolron             Durbanex        Druid        Summoner          49      25          NM Act I Dark Tower

Last edited:
OldSoldier said:
@zoo sorry that stinks about losing your tourney status. Was he out of purples at that point? I sometimes get all amped up and miss my purple keys and die that way.
]jiansonz said:
@zoo: Ouch, that's rough.

(It's easy to sit here and say it, but couldn't you have used Howl and/or made a Leap Attack out of the mob before it started to get dangerous?)
I realy felt that with the Bonesnap he could have gotten quite far. Pitty it had to end so soon. :(

This is my very first hardcore character so there is lots of stuff to learn. I know now that purples is something that always should be in ones belt. At least from nightmare and onwards. You think you're in control of the situation and then next thing bam, you're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

There are quite a few skills that I could have used to better my odds. The problem is that I have a bit of a shoulder issue at the moment and therefor I'm using my left hand to control my mouse even though I'm right handed. This also makes it a lot harder to switch skills when things get hectic. I felt quite safe with my high life but when things get tough all of a sudden, you need to have experience to be able take control of the situation as well.

Anyway, you live and you learn.

Last edited:
zoo said:
The problem is that I have a bit of a shoulder issue at the moment and therefor I'm using my left hand to control my mouse even though I'm right handed. This also makes it a lot harder to switch skills when things get hectic.
:eek::eek::eek:
you, sir, have my due respect. Playing D2 left-handed? That's even more ambitious than playing with the mouse pad! Will you start another character when your shoulder is better?

Last edited:
jiansonz said:
Holy Freeze bypasses CBF, so that wasn't surprising.
Well that explains that then.

jiansonz said:
@Southpaw8668: Not completely 'non-usable'. Perfect gems can still be used to reroll charms and jewels. I'm pretty sure that nets a higher probability of getting something useful than the extra gambling money does.
Thanks for the reminder, I was trying to remember all the gems, runes and jewels that were actually useful to keep and completely forgot about rerolling charms and jewels.

Am interested to know if I've forgotten anything else.

For runes I've got:
Tal, Ral, Sol, Shael, Lum, Ko, Lem and Pul for weapon and armor upgrades
Ral and Ort for repairs.
Hel for removing emptying sockets.
Other runes below Pul to be upgraded to the above.
Runes above Pul, no use.​

Jewels:
Magic and Rare green and "yellow" jewels for socketing.
Possibly higher level Magic jewels of other colors for rerolling.
Gems:
All Emeralds and Topazes for socketing.
Perfect Emeralds and Diamonds for weapon and armor upgrades.
Chipped and flawed gems of all colors for rune upgrades and for repairs with Ral and Ort.
Perfect gems of all colors for charm and magic jewel rerolls.
Did I miss anything?
6 Perfect Skulls for rerolling Rare jewels? Not sure that this is worth it ... but I guess it should be included for completeness.

Last edited:
I just had to share this immediately:
02 - Aldur's Stony Gaze.jpg
Socketed the Gaze with two PTopazes :)

03 - Gamble.jpg

Well, good thing I got succesful while gambling after the 120th try or so...took long enought in real time to refresh the screen again and again in order to find some Light Plated Boots. Chose those, because I could use the Vidala's Fetlock as second part to my Vidala's Snare for 50% MF partial set bonus on the Amulet. The unique version would have been fine, too, for the crushing blow.

That boosted my MF from 52% to 150% :D

(oh, and I found another Milabrega's Orb...I will not switch back to an Act III merc for that though. It's hard enough for those guys to kill anything at all, so I wouldn't benefit much from the additional 20% MF on the merc)

Oberon, level 55 Fire Claws Druid, and Neeraj, HF merc, NM Act II Far Oasis next. 39 S/Us found so far.

Last edited:
@Grisu, that's pretty cool about the 48% MF on your new helm. Good call also on gambling the light plated boots. I think at your level you could have also gotten the set aldur's boots (qlvl 49) making that particular kind of gamble even more likely to pay off. I'm doing that with some items myself but have little confidence in the tactic. It is good to see it pay off for someone. I think you might be the first in the tournament to get a S/U from gambling!

Dezrok said:
Did I miss anything?
You have covered everything once the slots are filled with S/U items, but before that you have:

El, Eld: Normalizing low quality whites; especially El for those Demonhide armor items in late Normal. And as long as the merc weapon slot can still take non-magical weapons, you might want to use it on the first Crude Poleaxe or Cracked Pike you find (usually in Tal's tombs).

Thul, Amn (+ Tal, Ral): Socketing recipes, especially for a shot at 3-socket helms or 4-socket armors. Normally, you can buy Artisan's Great Helms from Larzuk at clvl 39+ but magical items aren't allowed in this tourney. You need ilvl 41+, which means you can first get them in Normal WSK or so. Keep track of which monster type dropped it, or look in ATMA etc. And of course it must be a Mask, Crown, Great Helm, Gothic Plate, Full Plate or Ancient Armor.

Last edited:
Introducing Mirex, who will try to be a FoH/Conviction Paladin.

Went with a plain Scepter that I found for most of Act I. Natural progression Might -> Holy Fire.
But then back to Might once his mercenary started to wear MF armors.

Rakanishu drop was pretty good:

Mirex01, Rakanishu drop.jpg

Six greens and golds in the act, including three weapons that no mercs in the two first acts can use:

Cleglaw's Claw (Spitter boss in Underground Passage 2)
Cleglaw's Claw #2 (Black Marsh)
Death's Guard (Tower Cellar level 5)
Axe of Fechmar (Spike Fiend boss, Tamoe Highland)
Crushflange (Catacombs 1)
Blood Crescent (Andariel)

Swapped to Prayer merc. Went down into the Sewers, watched my merc's kill speed and thought: "This isn't too bad". But I soon found out that /nopickup wasn't on. Hm, if I've forgotten that, I've also most likely forgotten to change the players setting. Which I had...

Even with Might, Razan pretty much couldn't kill anything on /p8.

Biggest damage number I had seen that far: Vengeance + Holy Freeze with Axe of Fechmar and a combat shrine:

Mirex02, Radament.jpg

Thank the RNG for the Open Wounds on Blood Crescent! It was what mostly kept me going at a reasonable speed until I reached level 24 in the Maggot Lair. Decided to place a point in Holy Shock, which made a big difference. Since merc couldn't kill anything, I may as well go with Holy Shock. Not much reason to improve Razan's topazed armors either.

Berserker's Hatchet (Far Oasis)
Cleglaw's Pincers (Lost City)
Angelic Wings (Arcane Sanctuary)
Isenhart's Case (Mummy boss in Tal's tomb 2)
Isenhart's Lightbrand (Tal's tomb 6)

The Pincers' knockback was sometimes annoying, but I changed my movements a little and started to knock monsters into a wall or into Razan. The big +AR bonus it gets with another item in the set helped to prevent much whiffing, and the shield got a nice resist boost.

Alone, I thought Angelic Wings was clearly worse than Amulet of the Viper, so I wore the latter for as long as possible.

Because of my 2-row belt, I fought Duriel like this - drank most potions from open inventory:

Mirex03, Duriel.jpg

Decided on a Cold mage as companion for the start of the next act. Clearly the safest option, and it also helps against those annoying fleeing monsters. Almost hired Flux, but he was only level 23...

Went with Blood Crescent on one switch and Crushflange on the other. Taking off Axe of Fechmar and getting a companion that can hold a shield suddenly opened up for a third shield. Had a Heraldic Shield with 10% resist automod and a socket for a while (it has the same blocking as the best shoppable type, the Bone Shield) but I soon had to sell that as well.

Cleglaw's Pincers #2 (Flayer Jungle)
Shadowfang (Flayer Jungle)
Cleglaw's Claw #3 (Flayer Jungle)
The Diggler (Swampy Pit level 3)
Isenhart's Horns (Swampy Pit level 3)
Cathan's Mesh (Leaper boss, Lower Kurast)

Since my merc was still wearing MF items when I reached level 30, I changed to Conviction to help him out. He had been doing pretty well even before that, killing small enemies without my help (Cloud Stalkers in two shots, for example).

I have now tried out Fist of the Heavens a little. My initial thoughts:
1. It's a ranged attack. I didn't know that - seriously! My only experience with it before was fighting with Cloudcrack for a while with a sword-Amazon in v1.09 (a version where the effect didn't even work, just the graphics). It's not a projectile either. I came to think about it as an aimed Thunder Storm.
2. It deals very good damage for being this early in the game, even at spell level 1.
3. There is a small casting delay - about a second.
4. It is INTENSELY mana hungry! Mirex can fire two, then he's out of mana. I should probably look for a few of those hefty +mana Grand Charms.

My helm is now the only topazed armor item left. Other than the stuff you can figure out from my finds, I'm wearing Superior Light Plated Boots and my two reward rings:
* Akara reward: Rugged Ring (+7 Stamina) Is this the crappiest yet in the tourney!?
* Ormus reward: Resist Fire 12, +81 AR, +1 DEX, +39% Gold Find

Have saved many skills points. No idea what utility skills/auras I am going to invest in. I mean, I know what a good level Conversion can do, same with Smite. Redemption is great against resurrectors, etc. but all of those come with a cost.

Mirex the FoH/Conviction Paladin and Thadar the Cold mage, level 30, Kurast Bazaar next, 17 S/U items found

Last edited:
I couldn't help myself. I think I might have found a character that requires even less skill switching. :)

Meet BorisTheBlade, the Holy Shock paladin!

He has just reached the Pandemonium Fortress without much trouble. He tells me that so far, he has been way more lucky in his hunt for S/U:s than Jens-Rune was.

Isenhart's Lightbrand (Andariel, Catacombs level 4)

Deathspade (Stony Tomb Level 2)
Angelic Sickle (Dry Hills)
Hsarus' Iron Stay (Halls of the Dead Level 2)
Bloodfist (Lost City)
Angelic Sickle (Lost City)
Berserker's Headgear (Claw Viper Temple Level 1)
Arcanna's Head (Palace Cellar Level 3)
Nagelring [23% MF] (Arcane Sanctuary)
Arctic Binding (Tal Rasha's Tomb)
Berserker's Headgear (Duriel, Tal Rasha's Chamber)

Isenhart's Case (Arachnid Lair)
Hsarus' Iron Heel (Spider Forest)
Infernal Sign (Lower Kurast)
Darkglow [Ethereal] (Mephisto, Durance of Hate Level 3)

I'm not quite sure of what the rules say about ethereal items. Does BorisTheBlade have to go without armor if/when his Darkglow breaks?

BorisTheBlade, the Holy Shock Paladin. Level 32, Pandemonium Fortress. 15 S/U found.

Last edited:
zoo said:
I'm not quite sure of what the rules say about ethereal items. Does BorisTheBlade have to go without armor if/when his Darkglow breaks?
I never wrote anything about this (although I did notice it in the rules I based this tournament on).

If the Darkglow breaks, you can act like you never found it, i.e. (if you haven't found any other S/Us to choose from) choose between Isenhart's Case and a white/grey armor.

Last edited:
Did a quick speel going thru the sewers and got to lvl 21. Only thing of use was a chipped topaz taking MF to 27% nothing else dropped in S/U, not even fails. So still only got the 3 S/U's to date.... Will aim to progress thru Act 2 over the weekend which should hopefully net some more S/U's but at least some gems hopefully of the right sort

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High