2018 Spring RFL Results Thread: 1st round [by Grape]

I got 7. Also got Pul and Mal. What is cows+ ?
Thanks.

Cows+ is all qualifiers found at cows, while Cows is only the top 5 of everyone. I put a line below the table to explain it, but couldn't really find a good wording. Any ideas how I should state it so it's more clear?

Edit: I adjusted the table and rephrased it. Let me know if this is better or if I can do something to make it more clear.
I think its more comprehensive now :) What is considered High rune? Vex and above?

I have a spreadsheet set up, I can just tweek the numbers since in the calculation I showed in my vid was based on 300 cow kills/run and 200 runs/player. In the calculation below, I have increased to 350 cow kills/run and 300 runs/player and 15 players in total for simplicity.

These are my result for the above assumptions (total qualifiers)

Pul 26,3
Um 17,5
Mal 17,9
Ist 11,9
Gul 12,6
Vex 8,4
Ohm 8,9
Lo 5,9
Sur 6,5
Ber 4,4
Jah 4,9
Cham 3,3
Zod 1,2

Total: 129,7
Total Vex and above: 43,5

Still #Zods is a huge outlier
How come someone found a cham without it being a qualifier?
HR is Vex+ yes.

It's probably hard to compare the exact numbers with your results. Run times were posted by most people, but not all. Also they varied from 2:50 to, I don't know, 6 minutes or more? Also we had an active runner doing 1.07, which also influences results. He didn't find anything, so in this case, as far as statistics go, that wouldn't be too hard though, just let him out.

200 runs per player sounds low though, not sure about 300 cows.

@Shuffleblast Two people did more than one set. Only the best set counts. One of the two players was Nanomist, who found a Cham, but not on his best set. Hence it's not a qualifier.
Awesome stuff @T72on1 ! Looking forward to when that table is all filled out at the end. :)
@T72on1 I have edit my post about the assumptions. Most numbers makes sense, apart from Zod, I would say
Yeah, that's my fault ... sorry about the Zods :p.
Sorry for weighing down the averages. The game hates me.
Nah you are just getting used to fast paced touraments. You'll get better at it.
That comes with gear. I cubed my 2 sur's into a ber and made beast and I also made an Oath. I had a WW barb going and before this and he'll be my council runner. I've already started to get a feel for it. Enigma is still a long way off, though.
You'll have Enigma after round 2 is done! :D
Remember that the single most important thing about efficient running, certainly in fast paced tournaments like this, is your map. Even the difference between a decent map and a good map is huge. For my Blizz sorc for example, it meant the difference between having my merc die an awful lot, and having him die once in an hour or even less. Next to the big difference in run times that is of course.

So spend enough time rerolling until you have a good map. For a non-teleporting character I think that's one where the council is completely inside the building. Run inside the building, exit to Durance 1 and back to Travincal to get your merc with you, start killing :).

Btw, do you need any gear? Reaper's for the merc for example? Or a low roll Grief? I have plenty of gear I don't need, so ...
I have such map with my Zealot and was what I was looking for, not "hard" to roll for.
For non-teleporting chars, I like the zealot (or any paladin) the most due to the fast movement speed of charge.
I guess a trapsin with BoS and some Dragon Flight (teleporting via trashmobs in Travincal) is superb choice aswell.
I actually spent some time last night rerolling. All the council minus Toorc was inside and he was just to the left of the entrance. I ran it 5 more times to make sure there was no variation in spawn and it was all the same. I shopped some echoing javelins from Anya after about 2 hours of going in and out of Nihl's temple. My run time is around 35 seconds and I haven't died. I did find an Ohm on the first run of that map so I think the game is giving me a sign. :D
Cool, congrats !!! 35 second run time (including horking, I suppose?) is fast, certainly on a non-teleporting Barb, afaik. Nice going.
That's a little deceiving. I know that when it officially begins, it starts when I enter Trav. That run time is purely when I start the WWing. Add another 5 seconds or so to travel time. Add another 10 seconds for horking but I don't think I'm going to hork. Takes too much time and isn't totally reliable. I may do it on occasion to change it up so it's not too monotonous.
Aha ok. That already sounded very fast.

As boring as rerolling is, it's probably worth it to keep rerolling maps until you get one where everyone is inside. Shouldn't be too hard, and will make a big difference in run times. Obviously having them all inside AND all clumped together is even better, but I don't know the odds for that. Most info on the subject is for teleporting characters, in which case you want them all outside, where space is much tighter to begin with.
I did these runs at a /p1 as I don't have all the gear I could have to excel at the runs. I have dual echoing weapons on switch so it is a +6 to FO. I'll see how I do on p3, 5 and 7 settings to get a feel for things.
Don't go higher than p3. Not worth it.

Also my offer for gear upgrades, if you'd want them, still stands :) .
Kind of you to offer but I'm a masochist. :p

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High