2018 Rune Finding League: Final Results [by Grape]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @Grape on June 1, 2018.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

I have to say this year topped my wildest expectations.

THANKS to all participants, it was truly a blast again and you never stop to amaze me with your findings, both when it come to runes but also actual improvements and potential new builds/areas etc. What we will see the next time, huh?

Results for the Grande Finale / Round Three / Areas:
1. maxicek 124,9 (10 points)
Zod Lo Sur Sur Vex

2. Grape 114,5 (8 points)
Zod Cham Um Um Mal

3. NanoMist 64,7 (6 points)
Jah Lo Vex Vex Ohm

4. ffs 61,3 (5 points)
Ber Lo Ohm Vex Mal

5. Pb_pal 52,7 (4 points)
Jah Sur Vex Um Mal

6. T72on1 51,3 (3 points)
Lo Lo Vex Um Gul

7. PhineasB 49,4 (2 points)
Sur Vex Ohm Ist Ist

8. drmalawi 47,7 (1 point)
Sur Sur Ohm Um Um

9. darkstarhub 43,2 Lo Ohm Ist Gul Pul
10. Shuffleblast 22,8 Ist Um Pul Pul Pul
11. DaveW 22,7 Lo Vex Mal
12. Yng 20,5 Ber
13. Brak 15,2 Ohm Um
14. Friiser 8,4 Mal Pul

BKC 0
pharphis 0
Locohead 0
Kitteh 0
Smittyphi 0
(no qualifiers or didn't run)

@Smittyphi and @DaveW you can still submit your results :)

Awesome results for the Areas round!! Congrats on the SECOND Zod maxicek, and for the round victory!

I'm also super happy to FINALLY find that Zod. Rune Grail complete!!! After two full set/unique grails, runeword grail and cubing total of 8 Zods so far... it was about the time!

Congrats to all others as well, good bunch of new shiny rocks there!

Overall Spring Rune Finding League 2018 results:
The Winner and the Champion of the Spring RFL 2018:
1. NanoMist (21 points)

2. maxicek (18 points)

3. T72on1 (17 points)

4. Pb_pal (17 points)

5. ffs (12 points)

6. Grape (11 points)

7. PhineasB (10 points)

8. drmalawi (5 points)

9. Locohead (4 points)

10. darkstarhub (2 points)

Rock-solid performance throughout the whole competition, and well-deserved victory! Congratulations NanoMist!

It was nice to have such an exciting competition all the way to the end! When I saw that maxicek was about to win the round and I was taking the second place... could there be enough gap for a surprise ending? Well not really since NanoMist proved to be able to score yet another great total!

And the last podium place! I had to re-visit the rules... T27on1 and Pb_pal, first round highest? Okay that is a tie, Zod vs Zod!! Second round highest Ber vs Jah! Well Ber being the higher scorer, bronze medal goes to T72on1, congrats!

One more time: THANKS ALL! The weeks truly flew by, it was really funny and interesting to host this tournament. Let's do this again next year, shall we? :)

Last edited:
Originally posted by drmalawi

Congratulations @NanoMist SICK drops!!!

Here is my story

About 16h in Chaos Sanctuary with Hammerdin, Lightning sorc and Blizzard sorc
About 1h random stuff with Trapsin
Rest of time Pits with Poison Necro

Screenies of ze Runez dropz
1596404853705.png
1596404867810.png
1596404877493.png
1596404890919.png
1596404899183.png
I got another Sur in the pits a few runs after the time went out, in almost the same location!!!

Other cool finds
Ist Rune from Hidden Stash
Pul Rune

2 x shape shift skiller GC
Druid elemental skiller w gold find
2 x Bow skiller GC +6 str (!!!)
war cry skiller GC
Bow skiller GC
Summon (necro) skiller GC
Summon (druid) skiller GC
Paladin defensive skiller GC
(some kind of remedy from my total lack of skiller GCs in the second round!)

Arcing small charm 1-39 light dmg
127 AR 39 life GC

Ondals staff
12% 4 socket Archon Plate
Jalals mane
Nats claws
Grandfather (200% ED)
Shadow killer claws
2 x M'avina's diadem
Ormus Robe Shiver armor

27 to max damage jewel
Poison facet 3/-4

I also did a second batch in Arcance Sanctuary with javazon, she found one Ohm and one Um ... :/

I got these runes in total during May month (RFL practice, RFL, random game play)

3xPul
3xUm
3xIst
1xGul
1xVex
2xOhm
1xLo
4xSur
1xZod

Thanks to @Grape for hosting! And also, congrat on that Zod drop, I bet it felt goooood :)

Have fun with all your new runes, see you next time!

Incredible results. Congrats Maxicek on winning 3rd round with ur 2nd Zod overall. Speechless. Also congrats to the overall winner Nanomist. Thats some achievement given the 3rd placer T72 scored 2 Zods in round 1. For the areas I mainly ran CS with abit of Pits. My runes were Vex, Lo and Mal. Only managed 16 hours. I did find Shadow Dancers which are a grailer for me.
Congrats to all competitors and thx for hosting Grape. See y'all in the IFT.
Congrats to the victors! So many Zods.

While my qualifiers werent up to snuff, my total haul was quite pleasing:

Ber (Superchest)
Sur (Hidden Chest)
Ohm (Urdar creep)
Gul (Superchest)
Um (Fingermage Boss)
Pul (Skull pile?)

This was in about 11 hours total, so I'm happy with it. Came in hoping for Jah, Lo, Vex and got, 3/4, 1/2 and 1/2 of each.

Originally posted by Shuffleblast

I reached my goals! I survived and I managed to make an enigma. Still, 3rd round was catastrophic. ^^
1596405228972.png

Originally posted by T72on1

Wow, again what a round !!! Congrats to both Zod finders, normally I'd say especially to @maxicek for winning the round with it, but in this case maybe even more to @Grape for finally finding that Zod rune. Zod and Cham at areas, and still not taking home the victory. That is amazing.

And of course major congrats to the one and only @NanoMist !!! So very well deserved to take the overall victory :). Can't wait to see all the haul pics.

As for me, I'm really happy but also a bit surprised that I'm taking third place overall, after another satisfying and good but not great round. Just shows how close the competition was this year !!!

I started out by doing CS Vizier runs with my Blizz Sorc, focusing on finger mages and big packs. Got my first qualifier at the 3 hour mark, from a small pack that was almost always there, and of which I thought it was a bad habit of actually stopping to kill them:
1596405315248.png
After that quite a long period without qualifiers again, but luckily I had plenty of good drops, with +36 life MA skiller being a top find, and this little beauty:
1596405344885.png
With +2/-50 it was quite the insane roll !!!

After watching @NanoMist 's video of his CS Vizier runs, I came to the conclusion that my map density wasn't good enough, so I rerolled maps. After exactly one try I got what seemed like a spectacular map, full of enemies and especially boss packs. When I first found a golden Sacred Armor (Templar's unfortunately) shortly after, followed by a Pul
1596405360042.png
and a Gul 30 minutes later
1596405377351.png
I really had the feeling I was on top of things, and this map would get me some very good drops. With still 12.5 hours to go, my expectations were high.

The next hour was throwing weapons hour, finding Warshrike, Demon's Arch and then Wraith Flight. Unfortunately I wouldn't find any qualifiers anymore. And what was strange, after that initial runs on that very good map, the sessions afterwards density seemed to have decreased a lot.

After not finding anything of note for 5.15 hours after the Gul rune, I decided to check what all the fuss about Arcane Sanctuary was about. I first ran that area with the Blizz Sorc as well, which went very well, but as a downside there was one enemy type I couldn't kill. Not too bad, I though, since it was mainly finger mages again I was after.

But when I hit the 14.5 hour mark and still had not found the fourth qualifier, I decided to switch things around again and try my Javazon. And with success, as I found my next qualifier after exactly 2 runs:
1596405394104.png
Nice. Definitely encouraging. So despite the fact that I was quite slow at the runs, partially due to (lack of) driver skills a partially due to suboptimal gear, I decided to continue with the Amazon. After all I found her very fun to play at AS.

After about 17.5 hours that fifth qualifier finally dropped. Although it was only a lowly Pul, I was still happy to have at least 5 qualifiers.
1596405409697.png
Around that time I also had the impression that I was getting better at the runs, not in the least because of some gear changes, thanks to advice of @ffs . So when a sixth qualifier dropped half an hour later, matching my highest drop of the round:
1596405422424.png
I still had hopes to improve my score. After all it's incredible at times how many finger mages you can kill in AS, so I knew the potential was there.

Unfortunately I didn't find anything of note anymore during that last stretch. At that point I just knew there was no way I'd get overall victory. Based on last year's results, I was aiming for place 5 or 6, which turned out to be spot on. Obviously I was hoping that some of the people lower on the ranking would take this round, to increase my chances, and as I saw a few reactions of @Grape in those last few days, I thought that was actually happening, but even then there was no stopping the man made efficiency that is @NanoMist.

All in all the first part of this round was the only one where I wasn't really having fun, but after the change to AS and to my Javazon I loved every minute of it.

Thanks a lot @Grape for hosting, thanks to all for participating, theorycrafting, playing, posting nonsense on the forums, ... It was jolly good fun once again.

O yes, my haul pic of this round:
1596405435516.png
And my overall haul pic:
1596405449100.png
Edit: one Jah is missing from that pic. I traded it after the first round.

Which is quite insane, now that I see it like this :).

Originally posted by maxicek

Well done to @NanoMist for winning overall. In fact well done to everyone who entered. Thanks Grape for organising, the format really suited me this time.

I’m very happy with a stage win and second overall. By best Tourney performance to date. All my qualifiers dropped in the first ten hours except one of the Ists and the Vex which dropped around the 19h mark. The Zod dropped almost exactly at the halfway point.

I ran 3h with a Blizz sorc, the rest was with a Hammerdin. I was planning on splitting it more evenly, but the aggressive Hammerdin gameplay made playing the sorc tricky for me afterwards.
1596405650763.png
The Rune Drops
1596405662063.png
1596405671996.png
1596405680082.png
1596405688861.png
1596405698906.png
1596405711430.png
1596405722697.png
1596405731340.png

42 Ort
27 Ral
18 Sol
Pul, 2x Ist, Vex, Lo, 2x Sur, Zod

199 PGs
100ish Junk Jewels
10ish OK Jewels

Atma’s Scarab
Highlord’s Wrath
Mara’s (21)

Lacerator

2 Chilling Skillers
Entrapping of Greed
Fletchers of Dexterity
Mentalist of Dexterity

Serpent's Small Charm of Good Luck
Serpent's Small Charm of Vita 15/18
Steel Small Charm of Vita 35/16

Best items:
Code:
Realgar Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0xa37fc1bf
Item Level: **
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+15% Increased Attack Speed
26% Enhanced Damage

Scintillating Jewel of Prosperity
Jewel
Required Level: 26
Fingerprint: 0x2df10040
Item Level: 85
Cold Resist +13%
Lightning Resist +13%
Fire Resist +13%
Poison Resist +13%
7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x290e96c2
100% Chance to cast level 41 Nova when you Level-Up
Adds 1 - 74 Lightning Damage
-5% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+5% to Lightning Skill Damage

Steel Shade
Armet
Defense: 492
Durability: 13 of 13
Required Level: 62
Required Strength: 99
Fingerprint: 0x18ac4a6f
5% Mana stolen per hit
+119% Enhanced Defense
Replenish Life +15
+8 Fire Absorb
Ethereal

Sacred Targe
Defense: 128
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 40 of 45
Required Level: 47
Required Strength: 86
Fingerprint: 0xea07e318
All Resistances +45

Not sure yet. It'll probably be a while before I make up my mind about those. I don't have any Zod god worthy items yet I think (except maybe that eth Torch of Iro ;)). One of the two probably a BotD.
All these zods are making me sick. You lucky mofos!
Awesome drops, congrats to everyone!
I only had the one Ber but it’s my first on SP so I can’t really complain, not like I needed any other runes to finish 99.

Originally posted by PhineasB

Congrats to @maxicek for winning the round, @Grape for finally getting an honest to goodness Zod, and of course to @NanoMist for the overall victory. Well earned by each, and really by everyone who competed. Enjoy those shiny rocks!

As for my round, I was pleased on all fronts. Runes were solid (if not spectacular), XP for the untwinked 99er pally was good, and item drops were fun (with better MFO score than when I competed last fall). Definitely happy to pick up points this round running with suboptimal (untwinked) approach (mostly maximizing XP).

First off, a drop pick (even though it's fairly sparse):
1596405860341.png
We went two hours before the first qualifier, a Gul, but the Darkforce Spawn drop helped keep things exciting early on. Another Gul dropped a little more than 1.5 hours later, followed by the Vex a little less than two hours later. The Mal fell less than an hour later following by the Ohm about 1.5 hours later to round out a top 5. The Sur less than an hour later, and then the first Ist before the 11-hour mark to round out what would be my final score. The second Ist fell just after the 12.5 hour mark, and then nothing for the last 7 hours until a final Ist about 5 minutes before I stopped the set when he hit 3.2B (with a little more than 20 minutes left for a full 20 hours).

Beyond the Darkforce, Spirit Keeper, Shadow Dancer, Templar's, and Gargoyle's Bite that made up the MFO score, finds meriting screen shots were IK armor, Rixot's, and this troll-y skiller. Other notable finds were HHG x2, eth Verdungo's, eth Marrowwalk, eth Gimmershred (finally!). Killing Diablo over and over provides some good opportunities to improve the eth grail!

In general, the biggest disappointment was on the charm front. No pally combat skiller (still only 2 found for him), and only two minor SC upgrades from plain 19 vita to plain 20 vita. Lots of plain skillers, but nothing that is improvement for the general stash, except maybe this interesting GC:
Code:
Steel Grand Charm of Quality
Grand Charm
Required Level: 41
Fingerprint: 0x74ca45b
Unidentified
+2 to Maximum Damage
+129 to Attack Rating
Thanks again to @Grape for hosting. What a great SPF event!

Originally posted by Nano

Wow, 2 more Zods! Congrats to @maxicek & @Grape for the amazing scores!
Thanks to @Grape for hosting, and to everyone for participating in this event. A bit envious of all the Zods- every score that has beaten me has had at least 1 Zod in the set.

Round 3 was split evenly between CS and Arcane, and then Arcane was split evenly between the Nova Sorc and Javazon.

Code:
                CS Bliz   AS Sorc  AS Java    Total
Runs              613       307       302
Time (hours)       10         5         5       20
Qualifiers          6         2         6       14
Ral                20        15        11       46
Sol                 9        11         7       27
Flawless Amethyst  71        51        41      163
Flawless Ruby      51        32        29      112
Jewels            127        68        76      271
Small Charms      112        72        74      258
Grand Charms      110        78        64      252

10 hours of Arcane beat 10 hours of CS all across the board, but not having Zod in the drop table makes you wonder what could have been.
1596406105542.png
For individual screenshots of the rune drops, I have them in my RFL 2018 Album, but here's the highlight video of my top 5:

Other finds:
Crown of Ages
Corona
Defense: 355
Durability: 39 of 50
Required Level: 82
Required Strength: 174
Fingerprint: 0xdbd430d4
Indestructible
+1 to All Skills
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
+50% Enhanced Defense
+106 Defense
All Resistances +29
Damage Reduced by 11%
2 Sockets (0 used)

Trainer's Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 53
Fingerprint: 0xe6e5691d
Item Level: 79
Unidentified
+1 to Summoning Skills (Druid Only)
+34 to Life

Chilling Grand Charm of Greed
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x8a1dae13
Item Level: 79
Unidentified
+1 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)
22% Extra Gold from Monsters

Serpent's Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Required Level: 40
Fingerprint: 0x742a7f70
Unidentified
+14 to Life
+17 to Mana

Garnet Small Charm of Good Luck
Small Charm
Required Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0xeec1e072
Unidentified
Fire Resist +8%
7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

The Cold Skiller with Gold Find is nice, even if it did roll low.

Entire RFL Haulpics
1596406089407.png
1596406054589.png
That's 40 hours of Cows, 20 hours of Trav, and 20 hours of Areas- not too bad..

Originally posted by Grape

Loving the haul pics!

I posted my own drops already. Now the rune part!

The two drops that mattered:
1596406215860.png
At this point I was already satisfied with my round. Half a Zod already on top of my insane rune luck with the warm-up running. It was all the more satisfying since I had been running about 9 hours and 15 minutes without a qualifier now.

Then came the next three qualifiers within some thirty minutes; 14h30m Um, 14:35 Mal and then at around 14 hours and 55 minutes came the moment I had been waiting for many years:
1596406224627.png
There weren't any ghosts around but I was messing around to kill some extra creeps for fun. I think it may have been a Returned Archer. It really got me by a surprise. Messing around, about to quit running for that day soon, and then BAM!

Definitely happy to have now found all runes in the game, and that I can finish my Zod God Sept with an actual Zod dropped in the game instead of a cubed one :)

Finished the set by having an Um drop during the next play hour. Then it was nothing until the end. I started a second set, and yea I actually found something more to write home about:
1596406234452.png
I had two other qualifiers, Pul and Mal. I didn't run for long, but my 98 lvl Sorc has only 15 mil to go now, so you can expect her 99 thread in the near future. Gotta say her 98-99 rune haul is incredible by now.

3rd round, 1st set:
1596406243527.png
All RFL runes:
1596406254644.png
It would be quite the haul if I counted all runes from between the rounds too! Adding that one Travincal Lo before the 2nd round, I found the entire rune Grail during the weeks of the RFL!

Looking forward to what people are going to do with their all new runes :)

Originally posted by maxicek

Really interesting to see those AS drops. I think it seems to be better for runes up to Cham, but the trouble is if someone gets lucky with a Zod in another area. Maybe an AS-athon is needed to gather more data?

My Hammerdin map is very good, it is one I have had for a while, but I didn't realise how good until I started running this round. I get one boss pack fairly consistently on the steps (see the Vex drop), then the other packs are in the open areas on the left branch down to Vizer. I regularly get two or even three boss packs plus Vizer when I hit the seal.
1596406323906.png
I ran at /players7 with Smith. He was planned stop running at 95 to be a PvP Mage, but I think I will keep him in full hammer mode for a while.
1596406337891.png

Gear
I'm going for full power here, goal is to one hammer kill a finger mage. I actually didnt check how much life they get, so it may be overkill:
Rare Circlet, +2 Paladin, 20FCR, 30FRW, Resists
Enigma
HoTO + Spirit Sacred Targe
1.07 LoH, Arachnid Mesh, War Traveller
Crafted Amulet, +2 Paladin, 10FCR, Resists
2x Beta BKWB
7 PCombat Skillers, 40% Gheeds, a few resist charms & 7% MF

Hailstone Circlet
Coronet
Defense: 36
Durability: 29 of 30
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x5f83a3d0
Item Level: 82
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels
+30% Faster Run/Walk
+20% Faster Cast Rate
+32 to Life
All Resistances +33 1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Um Rune

Beast Collar
Amulet
Required Level: 89
Fingerprint: 0x1a53dbb8
Item Level: 91
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+1 to Maximum Damage
+18 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 9%
All Resistances +17
Damage Reduced by 1

Originally posted by Pb_pal

@Grape - My results were actually Jah Sur Vex Um Mal, but you got the score right so it doesn't matter. ;)

TWO ZODS?! MAX AGAIN?! TWO 100+ SCORES IN THE AREAS ROUND?! WHAT IS EVEN HAPPENING THIS YEAR?!

MASSIVE congrats to @NanoMist on the overall victory! Very well deserved and a very strong showing in each of the rounds. I gladly give my RFL crown over to you (but I'll take it back next year ;)). Congrats as well to all the other runners, and especially to a strong 2nd place finish by @maxicek sneaking in there! @T72on1 takes a well-deserved 3rd, that cow round will be something to behold for some time to come, I'm sure. Also, grats to @Grape on the runegrail completion!

Awesome results everyone, great writeups! I'm officially scared about what's going to happen for next year's competition, the SPF is getting too good at this stuff.

--

Round 3:

Total Qualifiers: Exactly 5
Flawless Amethysts: 81
Flawless Rubies: 64
Jewels: 97 (nothing noteworthy)
Sol: 30
Ral: 32
Skillers: 6
1 x Captain's (+1-13 lit dmg)
2 x Graverobber's (both plain)
1 x Harpoonist's (plain)
1 x Spiritual (plain)
1 x Sparking GC of Sustenance (Next RFL = Lit sorc in the AS?)
Code:
Sparking Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0xd6e45732
+1 to Lightning Skills (Sorceress Only)
+29 to Life

Favourite kept charms:
Steel GC of Balance
Code:
Steel Grand Charm of Balance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0x3ee2b32f
+12% Faster Hit Recovery
+115 to Attack Rating
Steel GC of Dex
Code:
Steel Grand Charm of Dexterity
Grand Charm
Required Level: 41
Fingerprint: 0x485fc00e
Unidentified
+130 to Attack Rating
+4 to Dexterity
Fine SC of Vita
Code:
Fine Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0x63e00831
+3 to Maximum Damage
+14 to Attack Rating
+19 to Life
Fine SC of balance
Code:
Fine Small Charm of Balance
Small Charm
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0x53de1691
+5% Faster Hit Recovery
+2 to Maximum Damage
+18 to Attack Rating
Ruby SC of Inertia
Code:
Ruby Small Charm of Inertia
Small Charm
Required Level: 32
Fingerprint: 0x96b030e5
+3% Faster Run/Walk
Fire Resist +11%

--

Well what this round lacked in qualifiers, it definitely made up for in other drops (most notably some of those charms detailed above, some juicy stuff there!). First off, let's talk about qualifiers:

0:20 - Vex. Wow, great start! after starting with pul/mal the last two round this is awesome.
0:45 - Um
1:30 - JAH!! Quality rune so early! Awesome start .
1596406469093.png
And then we hit the wall. After a blistering start I had a dry streak of just over 14 hours before finding another qualifier.

15:40 - Mal Of course it was a Mal. Of course.
18:30 - Sur Nice! Just in time and happy to have a full top 5 now, especially with a 10+ pointer to round it out.
1596406483877.png
That's it, that's all. Exactly 5 qualifiers, but I'm happy with that since I ran the Pits knowing it was not terribly unlikely I would end up with fewer than that.

As mentioned before, I at least had some decent finds littered throughout the set, which helped to keep motivation going during the dry times rune-wise. Some of the highlights include SoJ, Reapers, Shaeffers, Boneflame, Griffon's (-15/+13), some decent socketed weapons for future runewords, and Griswold's Honor (a grailer for me).
1596406497480.png
The other bonus to running the pits is the steady stream of experience. I did the whole set with the Necro and he hit level 94 ~3.5 hours in, and then 95 ~13.75 hours into the set. Here's the haulpic for the round:
1596406506874.png
A little underwhelming compared to other rounds, but I digress.

---

I thought I'd do a full report of the entire RFL set that I completed this year as well, to get a little information on where exactly all those runes and other goodies came from.

Total Qualifiers: 35 (13+17+5)
Ohm+ (10+ point) Qualifiers: 14 (6+5+3)
Flawless Amethysts: 278 (92+105+81)
Flawless Rubies: 252 (87+101+64)
Sol: 93 (28+35+30)
Ral: 106 (32+42+32)
Skillers: 25 (12+7+6) - notable suffixes in brackets
3 x Fletcher's
1 x Acrobat's (+25 life)
2 x Harpoonist's
3 x Sparking (+29 life)
2 x Chilling (+35 life)
1 x Fungal
3 x Graverobber's
1 x Lion Branded
2 x Captain's (+24 life)
1 x Fanatic
2 x Expert's
1 x Spiritual
1 x Mentalist's
2 x Shogukusha's

Quite a haul of goodies, I guess I've got some cubing and crafting to do in my future! How about a full haulpic to end it off?
1596406518233.png
There are a couple Mals/Puls that I couldn't get the text to show up for, but you get the idea. ;) If I cube all my qualifiers I get an equivalency of just over 2.5 Zods for the entire tournament, which I'm more than pleased with. Last year I won the RFL being 1 Jah short of a 2-Zod equivalency, so that speaks to how strong the competition was this year.

Awesome stuff as always, SPF!

Thanks one last time to our tireless host @Grape, and to all the other runners for motivation, theorycrafting, and near-endless things to be jealous of.

Delicious. Well done all! Thanks Grape for the host :)
Ok, statistics for this round and all rounds in total:

Code:
Round         Zod   Cham   Jah   Ber   Sur   Lo   Ohm   Vex   Gul   Ist   Mal  Um   Pul   Pul 1.07   #HRs #qualifiers

Cows top5      4     3      5     7     2     4    4     6     5     7     1    8    2       0        35     58
Cows all qual  4     4      5     7     2     7    6     8    12    13    16   16   21       0        43    119

Trav top5      /     3      3     4     8     7    5    11     5     3     2    5    6       1        41     63
Trav all qual  /     3      3     4     8     7    8    14    12     8    37   20   48       1        47    173

Areas top5     2     1      2     2     6     7    6     8     3     4     4    7    6       0        32     55
Areas all qual 2     1      3     2     6     7    7     8     5     7    11   11   13       0        34     80

Total top5     6     7     10    13    16    18   15    25    13    14     7   20   14       1       108    176
Total all qual 6     8     11    13    16    21   21    30    29    28    64   47   82       1       124    372

Top5 are top 5 runes only, all qual are all qualifiers found.

I don't think I have seen full haul pic of @darkstarhub. If he found more than 5 qualifiers, then the areas all qual and total all qual numbers aren't 100% correct. I'll add them if I get that data. It's only a matter of Puls at max anyway, so ...
Awesome stuff T, thanks for keeping tabs on that. Always good to have big data points like this to point people to when they ask about target efficiencies. :)

Six Zods.... six.
Zod hyyyyyype!
Just wanted to say these haul pics are all kinds of ridiculous

Also @Pb_pal I'm kind of sad you didn't get that Ist rune
@Pb_pal Oopsies, added the correct runes. Also updated DaveW's and Smittyphi's final scores.

Also loving your non-qualifiers, Pb_pal, some good stuff there!

Six Zods is incredible indeed!

We better recruit a lot of players for the next year or I'm afraid we will have pretty darn hard time achieving the same.

Do you think the same that it was nice to have this over longer span of time i.e three weeks each round? I liked it a lot more this way.

Any other ideas to change the concept are welcome! I definitely want to host this again, it's a really fun tournament, if I may say so :p
3 weeks was perfect for me, I wouldn't have been able to finish any of the sets in 2 weeks and I think that's the case for a few of us. It also gives people a better chance to get a decent 2nd set in if they have some more time, which is always interesting!
have a round where only containers count :p

The three weeks was also nice for me as I came closer to finishing the set
Yes, +1 on the three weeks. Also glad you want to host it again. Is it ok to only start in July though? That way I can do some other stuff first :rolleyes:.

Someone suggested AS runs as a tourney to get more data. I would definitely dig that. Although those finger mages don't have better drops in terms of MFO, it might be fun to do a double scoring system: runes and S/U. Or, since they have an increased chance to drop jewelry, rate the different unique amulets and rings and put them into the equation.
what what another RFL in July? :O Or what are you talking about?

Some kind of Arcane Sanctuary tourney could be fun, to further test out different builds, run strategies and such. I am totally in if that is the case, I'd like to try a Meteor/Fireball Sorc for AS
So easy to get people hyped ;).
Someone also mentioned Act 5 chest popping tournament "pop a Zod" :D
We never finished RoF pop a Cham
Howz about a good ole fashioned MFO, like we used 2 do?
MFO should be done. I’m interested in a 20h limit Pindlethon too.
I'd prefer MFO, but would probably end up participating in a Pindlethon too, if that is what gets chosen.
I'm up for MFO in near future if one happens. Need to finally make runewords for fire drood ...
Belated congrats to all the winners and overall winner @NanoMist ! This tournament sure was stuff of legends, and I find it highly unlikely this rune haul will ever be surpassed in future RFLs. I mean, six Zods? Jeez.

Also, good job on theorycrafting side once again. AS is interesting add to potential rune-farming areas, need to run some tests at some point.

Bit disappointed I couldn't contribute after all, RL just demanded all my attention past few months. Maybe next year I'll finally be able to finish full three rounds :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, someone said something about MFO? Yes please. Some mini-tournament, like the WSK-thing last year, or Pindlethon for that matter, could also be nice.
i would like a pindlethon.. there is a lot that guys needs to drop for me :)

Would definitely be fun to have some casual MF tourney or something.

I think it was me who hosted the last MFO during the last autumn, or there about. I could do that again, but now that I seem to have taken care of the forum's rune finding event, I wouldnt mind someone else taking care of the MFO. It's a great tradition, and should be kept alive. I haven't any preferences to when have it (well, I can't participate at some given times, but yea), all that matters is that we have it at least once a year :)
I may be up for hosting MFO. I probably won't run competitively (I'd instead use an untwinked 99er so those 10 days contribute to XP!), so I'd be happy to help organize. Definitely not sooner than August though, in my opinion, due to just finishing RFL.
Yes!!! MFO sounds like a great idea, and you are right @PhineasB, August sounds good or whenever you guys think, but don’t wait too long. With some of the forum newcomers there may be some fresh meat!!! Plus, a little time for them to get characters up to par so they can farm competitively would be nice.
My eBotD PindleBarb is ready to go ;)
Thanks @PhineasB :) . Not doing MFO right away sounds like a good plan. I'm on holiday for a large part of August, so if we'll do it the, I might not be able to participate. But we'll see by then.

Agreed with @darkstarhub ... would be fun that such a MFO would introduce some newcomers to our item based, fast tournaments !!
Pindle can't drop Tyrael's. :(
+1 for MFO in 2-3 months. Not sure if I'd run Baal with untwinked 99er (again) or maybe get serious and go Pit Barb this time. ;) Still looking for 3 grailers including Tyrael's, so yeah Pindlethon wouldn't be all too exciting for me either.
Would definitely be up for MFO, assuming my barb is still alive by then...

Doubt I'll be competitive, but even with an ideally geared character I still reckon the fun aspect would be my main motivation.
Pindlethon would be fun but I need a break from tourneys right now besides my 99er.
I'd prefer places where Tyrael's can drop as well.
I finally finished reading through all of the RFO threads a few days ago. Great stuff! And holy cow, what results!! Belated congratulations to @NanoMist for the win and another hearty congratulations to @Grape for finally getting that elusive Zod drop! And, of course, congratulations to all the competitors for those juicy rune finds (even if some of the good ones dropped during the 'testing' phase!)

I'd also like to echo @Burgomaster3 about the great theorycrafting that went on during the competition. I have very limited late-game experience with D2 and the insights I was able to glean will definitely be of great help when I begin to start farming areas.

An MFO around August sounds great! It's been too long since I've been a part of one.

Okay, I'll open a thread this weekend to check on interest and availability for a summer MFO. I'm thinking anywhere from July 27 (earliest start) to September 2 (latest end), and will give all the options during that window. If it doesn't work for lots of people, we can always look at October (I expect to be gone the last three weeks of September, so it's a no-go then if I host).

But I had another idea for another rune/item finding challenge that I wanted to float. A couple people have expressed interest in running targets that can drop Tyrael's. And runes are always great. So I was thinking of an A85 tourney along the lines of World Stone King tourney hosted by @Gripphon that combines item finding with rune finding. It could be limited to Pits, AT, RoF/CS, and WSK.

I think it could lead to interesting theorycrafting about balancing kill speed at high p-settings with high magic find, or focusing on one at expense of the other to try to win one component and at least be respectable in the second for an overall win. Different builds should be plenty competitive, with Novamancer, trapper, javazon, and even Windy coming to mind, in addition to standard AT Blizz sorc. I assume everyone who does A85 areas will be sick of running their tele-zerker after MFO :p so it might be interesting.

If MFO comes together this summer, it could be a late October/November competition. Curious to get feedback!
A85 tourney sounds great!
Was hoping for something with Nihlathak eligible for the extra motivation but GL to all either way.
I'd be in for an a85 MFO, but definitely for a mix of rune and item finding tournament as well !!!
Perhaps including experience in the mix too? ;) Who can score best in terms of rare unique/set items, High runes, and experience in the same tourney?! :D
Great @PhineasB !

Looking forward to whatever competitions we will decide to have. Alvl85 rune/mf combo sounds like really interesting. Would be a nice opportunity to run with couple of my characters who haven't seen any action lately.
Near the end of his post he wrote:

Edit: one Jah is missing from that pic. I traded it after the first round.

I thought this is done in single player. How is it possible to trade the Jah if it's single player...?
See those threads that say “Read this before posting.” ?
giphy.gif
Sorry. I will pm.
LOL.

This gif loop is amazing

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High