2016 Winter Zodthon Results [by Gripphon]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @Gripphon on Mar 19, 2016.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

The time has come to finally see how many Zods were farmed! Hmmm... we failed at this major quest. No Zod was found, sadly. Better luck to us all the next time. So far Zod remains legend. Well played everyone, I hope it was fun and enjoyable experience to you all.

1. Gripphon 109.5
Cham 27.5
Ber 20.5
Ber 20.5
Ber 20.5
Ber 20.5

2. zticazzy 76.9
Ber 20.5
Ber 20.5
Jah 18.3
Ohm 10.1
Ist 7.5

3. thefranklin 70.5
Ber 20.5
Lo 15.1
Sur 13.7
Vex 10.6
Vex 10.6

4. maareek 64.3
Ber 20.5
Lo 15.1
Sur 13.7
Ist 7.5
Ist 7.5

5. Grape 56.5
Lo 15.1
Sur 13.7
Ohm 10.1
Ohm 10.1
Ist 7.5

6. T72on1 55.5
Ber 20.5
Sur 13.7
Gul 7.1
Gul 7.1
Gul 7.1

7. Fabian 52.7
Lo 15.1
Lo 15.1
Ist 7.5
Ist 7.5
Ist 7.5

7. Pb_pal 52.7
Jah 18.3
Lo 15.1
Gul 7.1
Gul 7.1
Um 5.1

9. hernang 32.8
Lo 15.1
Ist 7.5
Mal 5.0
Lem 2.6
Lem 2.6

10. maxicek 26
Jah 18.3
Pul 3.4
Fal 1.7
Ko 1.3
Ko 1.3

11. DaweW 21.1
Gul 7.1
Gul 7.1
Lem 2.6
Lem 2.6
Fal 1.7

12. Friiser 3.4
Fal 1.7
Ko 1.3
Io 0.7
Io 0.7

Best top 5 as per voting:

1. Fabian 13 points

Code:
#1 Which of the top two deserves first place is arguable, and someone on IRC said the Shimmering SC should be #1, but I'm a big fan of perfect rolls, and this is pretty terrific.
Ruby Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Required Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0x36e9b547
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+15% Increased Attack Speed
40% Enhanced Damage

#2 Beautiful, pretty crazy to not have a charm like this in first place really.
Shimmering Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0xb44d079e
Item Level: **
+18 to Life
All Resistances +5

#3 Very nice LLD charm.
Fine Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Required Level: 21
Fingerprint: 0x14c73d30
Item Level: 81
+3 to Maximum Damage
+17 to Attack Rating
+14 to Life

#4 Too bad about the life roll, but it's still not bad.
Emerald Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xb972391c
+16 to Life
Poison Resist +11%

#5 This would also be a lot nicer with a higher roll, but it's still usable (if pretty specific).
Ruby Jewel of Freedom
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xea12275
33% Enhanced Damage
Requirements -15%

2. Grape 12 points
Code:
Tyrael's Might
Sacred Armor
Defense: 1382
Durability: 57 of 60
Required Level: 84
Fingerprint: 0x418c9711
Unidentified
Indestructible
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+100% Damage to Demons
Slain Monsters Rest in Peace
+130% Enhanced Defense
+20 to Strength
All Resistances +25
Cannot Be Frozen
Requirements -100%

Crown of Ages
Corona
Defense: 367
Durability: 42 of 50
Required Level: 82
Required Strength: 174
Fingerprint: 0x4505f8aa
Unidentified
Indestructible
+1 to All Skills
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
+50% Enhanced Defense
+118 Defense
All Resistances +27
Damage Reduced by 15%
2 Sockets (0 used)

Amber Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x5f5ef383
+17 to Life
Lightning Resist +10%

Sparking Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 53
Fingerprint: 0xf917fc11
Item Level: 86
Unidentified
+1 to Lightning Skills (Sorceress Only)
+34 to Life

Fine Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x528be504
+3 to Maximum Damage
+17 to Attack Rating
+16 to Life

3. hernang 11 points
Code:
Ruby Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x3701a087
+15% Increased Attack Speed
39% Enhanced Damage

Fine Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x336a9e38
+3 to Maximum Damage
+14 to Attack Rating
+17 to Life

Ruby Jewel of Truth
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x85c5cfb3
+7% Faster Hit Recovery
36% Enhanced Damage

Kira's Guardian
Tiara
Defense: 150
Durability: 20 of 25
Required Level: 77
Fingerprint: 0xe2f104ae
Item Level: 99
Unidentified
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
+100 Defense
All Resistances +70 (50 to 70)
Cannot Be Frozen

Fletcher's Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0xf3b8d3ce
+1 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)
+22 to Life

Top 5 from other players you can see here.

Prizes
Winner may take 4 items of his choice
Second placed player may take 3 items of his choice
Third placed player may take 2 items of his choice
Everyone else may take 1 item of their choice

HC players have advantage at taking HC items, and Vanilla players have advantage of taking vanilla items first before anyone else for fairness. Any player may refuse to take any item if he wants to.
Every item is valued as 1 item, with some exceptions. 100 pgems count as 1 item as does 50 runes lower than Pul.

Prizes:
zticazzy 1.13 SC vanilla
frozzzen 1.13 SC with some 1.07 items
Gripphon 1.13 SC

thefranklin 1.13 SC

Last edited:
Al hail the Gripgod!

Grats all for the nice rune hauls. I'm eagerly waiting to see Gripphon's haulpic.

We need to do this again someday. Maybe the 2nd Zodthon will give us at least one Zod. :p
I'll tell the story of my cow journey and post screenshots, haulpic, items etc later. For now I'll just say I won't claim any prizes.
...aaaand here we go. Typical, boring Gripgod chart (but gratz man! ;)).

Like I said, all of my runes came from poppables, so at least I demonstrated that running those things is really viable for this competition. I.. probably played 2-3 hours per day? I couldn't say. Also consider that after finding Cham in Trav my interest for poppables in LK and act 5 lowered drastically, so it's amusing that Ohm, Jah and one Ber were found after I stopped taking Zodthon into consideration. Jah was the last pop yesterday, in Arreat Plateau, dunno what was I doing there tbh. :D Now I'm drowning in HRs and I don't know what to do with them, if we count runes from superchests I can almost cube another Zod. Still no sign of rjof, not even a realgar of fervor or lower crap, but I'll keep running LK.

I won't claim any prize as well, but feel free to take whatever you want from my stash (linked in the first post).

Oh, one last thing, my top-5 votes go to:
1- @T72on1 (de voorwerpen die je hebt gevonden zijn geweldig, en ik wens je veel succes met je toekomstige diablocarrière!)
2- @hernang (neat items there, the rjof and kira combo totally sold me)
3- @Grape (only one point, but don't worry man, you're gonna win this anyway).

Thanks again Gripph and Frozz for hosting and see you next Zod!
I found Ist and Mal from Act 5 poppables when I ran those at the start. Others were found from the Pit where I spent majority of my time. Few pics.

So we vote here? OK, hurrying in before my voting gets biased ;)

I took a simple approach for this one: which of the top 5s I'd steal if I could. And in what order. There could be another ways, for example trying to evaluate how valuable those items are to the finder etc.

1. @hernang RJoF and Kira's sold me, too. Also can't go wrong with Fine SCs of Vita either, and would never say no to those. Also as I said in the running thread, I just love skillers with life and Fletcher's are valuable to many PvM bowazon variants.

2. @Fabian I'm also weak in front of perfect items, that RjoF of yours is absolutely beautiful. Any plans for that btw? Rest were great too, especially that 18 life/5@ SC ofc.

3. @Gripphon As you said those 313 SCs probably have quite limited usage, but being so incredibly rare I couldn't resist but to go and try out some build(s) with an inventory full of poison charms. Rest of the items were equally awesome too, besides I like FRW/@ charms in PvM also!
Fourth? Well that's less bad than I expected. Clearly I knew Pits were going to be massively worse as a target for this than Cows, but my god are cows boring and unfun.

While I was looking up screenshots to send to froz I went ahead and made an imgur album for most of the pics I took (leaving off the "proof MF doesn't stop you getting lots of socketables" pics) if anybody is interested. I did 1048 Pit runs with my poisonmancer, in 26 hours 13 minutes. Also did 70 cow runs in 3 hours 42 minutes with the same character, each of which I regret deeply.

Overall I feel like my finds on all levels were pretty meh/average. Don't have much to compare to, really, but for every category it seems like things were middle of the road, which seems to be in line with Pits being a middle of the road target here. My MFO score would've been 58.6 (Ravenlore, Schaefer's Hammer, Cerebus' Bite, 2x Griffon's Eye), you'd expect to find like 2-4 useful charms in the time I spent and rune-wise I think that's at least in the neighborhood of expectation so I really have nothing to complain about except that I ran cows. And I even have the upside of finding a Lo meaning I've found at least two of every rune except Zod. Hooray! Well, at least I can make CoH now, and that's nice.

List of finds is here. As for story: my internet decided to be garbage for most of the event so I didn't stream as much of my running as I wanted to, but so it goes. Still, I got to highlight drops for the Sur and both Pit Ists. Sorry about the particularly craptastic quality on those first two. :(

Thanks again to grip for hosting and froz for supervising.
Congrats Gripphon. Impressive haul.

This was my first tournament here, had a lot of fun doing it !!! So I'll definitely join whenever there is anothere one. Found the Ber after only 1.5 hour of AT runs, so definitely got lucky there. The Sur was a few days later, the Guls (had a fourth one too) also in the first few days. After that, nothing higher than Ko anymore. I will post my complete haul later.

My votes for non qualifiers:

1. @Grape : Tyrael's and CoA did it for me. Never found those (and some other S/U), so those still do it for me
2. @hernang : I agree with Grape here
3. @Gripphon : those Toxic sc of Anthrax are too good not to vote for
1 - Gripphon (two impossible to get scs. TWO. That's not luck but dedication)
2 - Fabian (PERFECT RJoF! Only 1% away from my 39/15 but ten times better)
3 - zticazzy (the shimmering charms combo was great but what I love is that rare ring: dual leech, fcr, mana and ar)

Other items I like: Grape's Tyrael's Might (congrats!) and sparking gc of sustenance, T72on1's eth Reaper's Toll, Dave's eth Skullder's Ire
1. Grape
Every single item is really good. CoA is my favorite unique item and boy that roll is amazing. That CoA is probably like the best item of all presented along with Fabian's 18/5 SC. Tyrael is Tyrael. Other charms are, well, very nice. Overall, so nice items there, congratz.

2. Fabian
I'm not fan of that jewel cause lack of its usefulness to me, but perfect roll is perfect roll. What sold me is 18/5 charm, arguably best item of them all along with CoA. LLD charm is very sweet and 16/11 SC is clearly great. I use similar on my pvp characters. So overall 4 really good items and 1 less useful overall.

3. hernang
Honestly, it was not easy at all to pick third place, but I picked hernang due to presenting 3 good items. Again, not fan of that jewel, but it is near perfect roll. Fine of vita is clearly great charm to have and I have like tons of chars that could use it, and lastly 70 allres Kira's is very great item in my eyes. Okay, skiller with life IS ok, not exactly good tier charm, but solid.
Right, I should vote. I have to admit I kinda forgot about this aspect and how much I dislike it from the pindlethon. This is at least better in so far as the main tournament has a rigid victory condition, but I still don't like the idea of voting on performance after the fact mainly because I always feel like I'm being a jerk because here are all these folks who found these cool items that they dig and I'm encouraged to be like "hey no your stuff isn't that cool" which just sucks and feels like it puts a damper on the whole process for no value gained that I see. But hey, I'm often told I think too much and am no fun so meh.

Let me start off with a couple caveats I'm going to state so I feel less bad. 1. It's really hard to pick items based on excitement level when you have no interest in D2. MFSCs are my favorite items in this game and I'm not even hyped about the ones I got. I made the videos for the tournament because I had an idea about doing videos with the gear inlaid with the video and then basically signed up because I thought it would be poor form otherwise. 2. Since I'm not feeling it, I'm just going to use "would I use/like to have this (or these) item(s).

1. [highlight]Fabian[/highlight]
5@/18. Not exactly fussed either way about the others, but imo the 5@/18 is by far the best find of the tournament.

2. [highlight]thefranklin[/highlight]
Even though the line "I started the first ~100 not picking up Rals" makes me actually cry and caused a race of hyper-intelligent space aliens to slaughter thousands of kittens, I'm still poor enough to appreciate slightly off perfection on the mfsc and 15@GC of Balance is pretty high on my list of stuff I wish I had.

3. [highlight]T72on1[/highlight]
A (slightly) better Fathom than mine and an eth Reaper's? That's a pretty sweet haul.

Annnnnd I still feel like a jerk. Hooray! Also, just for the record, I won't be claiming prizes either.

Originally posted by Gripphon

Intro
Before actual event, I've been performing tests with my necromancer switching from one variant to other preparing for the Zodthon. When I first played necromancer, he was pure poisonmancer version and he did perform good on cows. But, there are better variants. Fabian also performed some tests on his necromancer. What we concluded is that amplify damage curse is MUCH superior than lower resist, even for poisonmancer for simple - reason merc kills first cow much faster and then chain CE melts whole pack down.

So, first I built hybrid necro with poison nova and skeletons using Death's Web. Second variant included pure summoner with Beast axe. Third and final version is with Revives who do damage compared to skeletons + strong poison nova. My tests showed me there is basically no difference between any necro variants as long as you have good running technique and use amplify damage as your curse. Summoner Beast variant was fastest to drop first corpse down, but was slower when collecting mass of cows and killing them all when it comes to producing second corpse (one CE does not kill whole pack of cows, you need at least 2-3 dead cows for chain to start properly). Nova has it covered, when collecting cows, you drop nova and when you start killing them, well, half of them are already at half HP. So, both variants have its advantages, but I think I like poison nova backup much more than Beast axe.

There was amusing situation when I started testing. On irc somehow we came to talk about running cows (thank to Maareek's videos I think) and we commented what char could do it fastest. Fabnus and Frozzzen both went to test their javazon with "3:30 time, wazzup boys." I saw that as fine moment to troll a bit and said like I tested my necro with 2:54 time or something like that. Typical "gripgod" trolling comments occurred, but luckily no one bought it. I admitted that I trolled and then went to make true test. It was something like 3:0x time and immediately posted like "guys, 2:54 was meant to be trolling, but this time I don't troll. That is really doable for cow nec!" Few runs later even went faster than my "trolltime". Normally, again "gripgod" comments occurred. Trolls everywhere.

Cows!
Anyway, my cow journey began for Zodthon. My goal was to find grail at cows (missed 2 cow set items) and to test how good are cows for farming in general, not just runes. Initial plan was to do like 400 runs top aka slightly over 20 hours of playing. Good enough. Soon that plan changed (and not on day one even, supplies!).

Running started. And during the first day... big shock - no Tyrael's was found! Amazingly unlucky etc. No Zod either. Extremely unlucky, what can I say. Not that cows can even drop Tyrael's, but just saying for... joking sake.

First two days of the weekend were done for me with 100 runs finished, and rather poor start. I'm not exactly sure, but I think only Um+ in my top 5 was Mal at that time. I still collected Fals to improve my score. Well, since I collected them first two days, I continued to pick up every Fal+ rune till the end.
No 100+ score first day, what is this I don't even... this is something new to me... I was now discovering completely new world of desert grinding, but I'm no quitter, I boldly went where no man has gone before. And was rewarded for it.

Day 3 is when true fun began. Not kind of fun like when Picard meet Borg for the first time for sure. During the evening first happy accident happened, first real qualifier I have found. Boy you will be surprised when you see what it was.

7.3. 21:30
1596714482214.png

Talking about inspiration boost. Good, now I have probably best qualifier I will find during whole event, now I have a reason to play some more. Now goal of 500-600 runs seemed nice. I mean, what can go wrong? Cham is here and unless someone finds Zod, I have huge advantage there. Now to fill top 5 with at least decent qualifiers... Decent being 10+ pointers to me. I saw they drop like once in ~80-85 runs for me at cows, so if I do 500-600 runs, I'll surely be lucky enough to find at least 5 of those to have nice score.

Next day, day 4, proved to be nice and offered me an Ohm. Great, my top 5 is filling nicely.

8.3. 16:40
1596714494919.png

Next day another big fish dropped out of nowhere. A Ber! Now I'm having serious chances at having great score, I'll definitely do at least 600 runs overall...

9.3. 16:50
1596714510502.png

But we are not done just yet. Same day, 25 minutes later, double event! Sadly not on same screen, but at same run found Ist and Lo. Very nice. I was with Froz at skype and he told me that now I seriously have good chances. When he is right, he is right.

9.3. 17:15
1596714521186.png

And now... you thought that were only THE qualifier drops of that day? If you did, you were indeed right, no other 10+ pointer was found during that day. Actually next day also nothing meaningful dropped qualifier-wise. Day 7 was the day of next meaningful drops to happen.

First of all, ANOTHER double event happened. Again sadly not on same screen (hard to get those at cows surely), but during same run Um and Sur dropped.

11.3. 18:50
1596714541282.png

And that's it for that day... NOT.
9 minutes later another Sur dropped. I was with Froz at skype during both drops and he was like "wat". Can't blame him, I was also like "wat". 9 minutes means they dropped 3 runs apart.

11.3. 18:59
1596714556799.png

And now... did you again think that is all I found that day? If you did, you were again right. No other meaningful finds that day. Not like you need anything else with 2 Surs around. My score at this point was fantastic, having Cham, Ber, Lo and 2x Sur in top 5 aka 90.5 after less than 300 runs completed (not even 50% of what I did in the end). I could have stop running and be probably in top 2 positions, but meh, let us continue. I knew at this point it would not be easy to find upgrade. I needed Lo+ score-wise to find upgrade and well, that is not easy to do.

It didn't take long for another good qualifier to drop. Next day another Sur dropped. Talking about 3 fast Sur drops in a row. I had to dig out this one since it dropped from million of cows. No score upgrade, but improved tie breaker now from Ohm to Sur.

12.3. 19:12
1596714569880.png

At this point I finished 310 runs.

Next day no big qualifier was found. Would be really something to find 10+ pointer every day with average of 40-50 runs per day. But, 14.3. was again luck day for me. Ber dropped, second one.

14.3. 23:30
1596714580778.png

Okay, my score now was 97.3. I thought it would be really cool to go 100+ in the end, so I decided to slightly increase my running and to aim for 600+ runs instead, more like 700 or close to it - and hope for another Jah+ drop because only those could possibly improve my score at this point. One can only dream.

Next day was not empty. Blue jewel dropped. Cool.

15.3. 18:15
1596714598768.png

I continued my running to the night to get over 500 runs total... And you know what? Klingons are already singing songs about that night. First of all, almost third double event happened, but runes were 1 run apart. One is Gul, and other is third Ber. Ber dropped then next run Gul dropped. Cool. Also now I have score above 100, great!

16.3. 1:43
1596714933323.png

Music didn't stop there. 30 minutes later...

16.3. 2:12
1596714943179.png

What in the world? At this point I found more Ber runes than Lem runes! Actually Ber was most common rune drop at this point from Lem+ category. Maybe cows have some kind of fetish on Bers, or BeArs... whatever. I'm an open minded person and accept that. At this point I reached my final score presented here with Cham and 4 Ber runes in top 5. I also decided to go for 730 runs to do 40 hours and have like 2 RFO sets to compare cows and Travincal. I mean, maybe Zod or Cham will drop? Only those two could possibly improve my score. Having major inspirational boost, I continued running till 3 am to reach 550 runs, leaving me with 180 to do in last 3 days. 180 more runs to hope to improve my score and find Zod.

Music still didn't stop. I continued to run before lunch time to score yet another big fish that didn't improve my score, only a tie breaker place. A Jah rune.

16.3. 13:33
1596714987785.png

So, basically found Ber, Ber and Jah at the same day. More precisely, they dropped inside 40 runs. At this point Froz didn't know about those 3 drops, and I told him like few times before it would be really cool to find Jah. And now that I actually found Jah, it didn't improve my score. LOL. I told him "hey Froz, I did found Jah, amazing". -"congratz nub". ...- "but it didn't improve my score." - "WAT. Wat did you find etc..."
Agreed.

And this is the point when music stopped. Last 160 runs were terrible, found only Um and Ist and tons of Puls. I did deserve that after all these drops.

In the end ran cows for ~40 hours and 730 runs, way more than I initially planned. Inspiration was pretty much continuous from day 3 to day 12 of Zodthon.

Now, some numbers. I did perform additional tests with experience numbers and determined I actually kill like 400 cows per run, not 370-380 like i first measured when I didn't hit additional area. This means that for me expectation was to find 10+ pointer qualifier once in ~80 runs, or it was expectation for me to find 9 Vex+ qualifiers during that time, and I found 12. Also my Um+ qualifier number is right somewhere at expectation - found 24 and expected was ~23. Obviously quality of my drops is above average, especially for Ber+ qualifiers. Expectation was for me to find ~3 of Ber+ qualifiers, and I found 6. More expected top 5 from me would be something like 3 Ber+ runes and 2 Vex+ runes, and not 5 Ber+ runes. So, cows are not THAT great as my finds indicated, but they are very good nevertheless. As for double events (two Um+ runes dropping during same run), it should happen like once in 900 runs, and it happened twice in 730 runs for me.

Speaking of RFO, I compared two sets of 20 hours on cows as if it is RFO. Expected score I could get was ~115, and both of my "sets" were above that.

First set (first 370 runs) - 142.1
Mal, 3xUm, Ist, Ohm, 3xSur, Lo, Ber, Cham

Second set (other 360 runs) - 133.5
Mal, 2xUm, 3xGul, Ist, Ohm, 3xBer, Jah

So yes, quality was really high. If it wasn't, I wouldn't bother doing that much running at the first place, would do 20 hours as planned and voila.

Haulpic:
1596714785071.png

Zodthon qualifier count (picked up all Fal+ runes)
1596714738885.png

Current total rune report:
1596714765384.png

From finds, found total of 605 jewels. Everything else is listed here.

Oh, I guess I wasn't smart enough to realize that we were being judged on the overall 5 items. I thought we were voting on individual items. Maybe I wouldn't have put in an item trying to get a point for the longest readout...

Grats on the finishes! I will have to say I am a little sore I lost to someone running LK where a zod cannot drop. ZODathon... But he has two Bers and one Jah so the joke is on me.

I found my top 3 in the first two nights of the tourney. The Lo and Ber were found in back to back cow runs, so I was probably a little lucky to finish where I did. I got psyched that I found an Ohm on the last day to push a Vex out of my top 5 and improve my score, but then when calculating the values I found that Vex was already worth more, so the last night was a waste.

Votes:
1. T7: eth reapers, griffons, fathom. I would say you are set up for pvm
2. zticazzy: Dual leech, fcr, high mana ring? Yes please. And the res all charms are also amazing
3. Grape: Found the wrong rarest item, we were looking for zods. One point for trying :p

Rune count:
Ral: 25 (over about 150 runs or so)
Hel: 19
Io: 10 (over about 150 runs or so)
lum: 9
Ko: 8
Fal: 11
lem: 1
pul: 4
ist: 1
gul: 2 (one from a corpse, only > Hel qualifier from a poppable, and man I hit a lot of them)
Vex: 2
Ohm: 2
Lo: 1
Sur: 1
Ber: 1

I thought the rune counts would have been more impressive. I can at least make my first Fortitude.
Congrats Gripp! Although I expected you to find at LEAST 1 Zod, but at least there\s room for improvement for next time!

Congrats to everyone on some good hauls, I'm personally quite happy with my score, as I didn't have a ton of time to play this one. Maybe next time :) I mentioned it in the last thread, but thanks again to Gripp for coming up with and running this cool competition and to frozzzen for supervising. Count me in for the next one.

My votes:
1. Fabian
2. Grape
3. Gripgod
I hoped that at least 1 Zod will be found on tournament. They are obviously too rare and we are not worth of its might. We are worth only of Tyrael's Might.
Why do people still compete? The only time grip actually lost he still had the same points as the winner!
Why do people still bother to farm for good stuff if everyone knows that anything good will end up in nuliostash eventually? Agreed.

Anyway I see not everyone has voted on items yet and today I'm posting points from it too to conclude the event.
Any idea on a total number of runs done during this event by all contestants in which areas? I'd be interested to see a breakdown of how many runs were concluded in each area with the specific goal of finding Zod. My gut feels me less than MFO/RFO events of the past, but I'm interested.
My top 3 items of the tourney are:

1. T72s eth Reapers; just has awesome merc usage all over it.
2. Hernangs Kira's - perfect resists roll with CBF has Trav merc written all over it.
3. DaveW's crafted ammy - got what I needed from the tourney for a char I used in the tourney. Self sufficiency rocks hard brothers and sisters.

If it wasn't for the malware attack I would have run more but oh well. Grats Griph, just awesome man. Goes to show if you do the hard yards, you will be rewarded. Any chance of posting ur necro build with skills and equipment? Possibly a video as well? Thx man. Gratz to all participants!
I didn't count runs I'm afraid. Really should start using a runcounter on those occasions. I did keep track of time spent: 25.5 hours in AT with my Sorc, 4 hours Cows with my Javazon and 15 minutes in the Pits, also with my Javazon.

I'm a rather slow player, I think I spend about 2 minutes, maybe even 2:30 for an AT run. And then some more because of muling, checking items, ... Also, if this would have been a MFO, I would have used almost the same setup on the Sorc, which is never a good sign. But I learnt a lot during this tournament, from playing and from reading about others, so I'm really happy about it.

Total haul of qualifiers was:

Hel: 7
Io: 5
Lum: 6
Ko: 5
Fal: 1
Um: 1
Gul: 4
Sur: 1
Ber: 1

O yes, I won't be picking any items either. Don't have a SPF SC stash to begin with, so ...
I wont be taking any stuff also guys coz they are SC.
@Zitticazzy Dude that is soooooooo NOT my accent but it was funny anyways.
@DaveW
You cannot vote for yourself. Pick someone else for your third place.
I'll list gear and stuff for nec, but video is somewhere in Zodthon thread. Not that variant, but they are very much alike.
Ok then third place goes to Grapes perfect RJoF. An eth Ribby Zodded with that jool ..... wait he already has that Ribby. lol
I wish I had found that perfect RJoF but it was Fabian.

You got the Ribby part right though ;)
Oops my bad brothers. I just finished night shift u c ........

Yep 3rd place to Fabians perfect RJoF. Cheers y'all.

Results of voting for items, top 3 places:

1. Fabian 13
2. Grape 12
3. hernang 11

Congraz guys for finding best items during this event!
Congrats :).
Oh hey, I guess I am the holdup on the prizes. I would like to grab Gripph's 5/5 lightening facet. Then I have 3 of them and get to think about making some kind of cowzon shield!

Thanks!
If it didn't take place in December 2016, this was the Winter 2015 Zodthon.
thefranklin received prize:

Code:
Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0xd20971dd
Item Level: 87
Unidentified
100% Chance to cast level 47 Chain Lightning when you Die
Adds 1 - 74 Lightning Damage
-5% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+5% to Lightning Skill Damage

@NoisemakerArrow
So event taking place two months in 2016. should be declared as event from 2015? Makes perfect sense. And I thought you are against time traveling. Good to know you are not!

2. Grape 12 points

Tyrael's Might
Sacred Armor
Defense: 1382
Durability: 57 of 60
Required Level: 84
Fingerprint: 0x418c9711
Unidentified
Indestructible
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+100% Damage to Demons
Slain Monsters Rest in Peace
+130% Enhanced Defense
+20 to Strength
All Resistances +25
Cannot Be Frozen
Requirements -100%

oh cmon
The fact that the calendar is stupid and doesn't start the new year at the beginning of spring means nothing. It doesn't matter if it's 2016, because it's the winter of 2015.

You should go into politics cause you're good at saying "witty" things that mean nothing but get the hamsters clapping.
*shrug* my school semester is called "winter 2016". I think this is fairly universal in academia, for just one example.
I have to admit I'm not familiar enough with this to say for sure (and a few googles were woefully disappointing) but I don't know of a naming convention that follows what you're suggesting. From American to European to Asian (though I'll admit my exposure on that front is limited almost solely to South Korea, which is probably very much in following the US) sources I can't find any instance of a naming convention that doesn't follow either a hyphenated year delineation (ie winter 2015-2016) or just naming each winter after the year in which the vernal equinox will cause its end.

From the Winter Olympics to weather forecasting to TV show titles, I find nothing that follows the system of nomenclature you propose so I have to ask why you say with such authority that it must be the way you state.
Don't feed the troll
Hey guys, I'm really enjoying this first week of spring 2015.
Thanks Gripphon! Awesome!

Received (and Gripph can deduct this charitable donation on his 2015 taxes):
Code:
Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0xd20971dd
Item Level: 87
Unidentified
100% Chance to cast level 47 Chain Lightning when you Die
Adds 1 - 74 Lightning Damage