2016 Winter RFO Results [by Gripphon]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @Gripphon on Feb 9, 2016.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

Results are here. Hype! There are some nice scores as well as plenty of qualifiers farmed.

1. XyleneCyanol (set2) 144.5
2xMal, Um, Gul, 2xSur, Lo, Jah, 3xBer

2. zticazzy 139
2xMal, 2xUm, 2xIst, Ohm, 2xSur, Jah, Ber, Cham

3. XyleneCyanol (set1) 124.1
4xMal, 5xUm, 4xGul, 4xIst, 2xOhm

4. Grape 87
Um, 2xGul, 2xIst, Ohm, Lo, Cham

5. Kitteh 61.7
Um, 2xGul, 2xIst, Cham

6. Maxicek 35.9
Mal, Gul, Ohm, Sur

7. Friiser 28.4
Ohm, Jah

8. Thyiad 24.7
Mal, Um, Gul, Ist

9. Noodle 5.1
Um

Congratz to our new CHAMpion (without Cham though!) who won Pindle MFO last time and now RFO. That is black belt in d2 farming right there. Go for triple kill!
I hope everyone enjoyed playing and that you farmed many great things for Nulio along the way ;)

Interesting facts:
- this is first RFO where more Bers than Chams were found
- again Cham is not the rares rune, this time Vex is. No one found Vex!
2016 Winter RFO Sign-Up and Running Thread

Last edited:
Congratulations!

I completed a total of 208 runs, so I think I'm happy with my loot haha. Also, thank you Gripphon because the Cham dropped about a day after your comment I think ;) Feel free to guess my drops in any future RFO.
@Kitteh

208 runs for 61.7 score, that is insane. That is almost 10x above expectation (and my best set last RFO was "only" 1.82 times above expectation). Gogogo 1000 score!
Haha, maybe I should have done more and just fallen behind on coursework..
No scores above 250? Disappointing; step it up people!
Thanks @Gripphon yet again for organizing this for us. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for all the participants. It's more the merrier with these competitions!

And grats for the winner @XyleneCyanol as well as @zticazzy for a nice score and a clear 2nd place!

I improved my efficiency a lot (mainly because of shorter loading times, which was nice.) On the other hand I finished again clearly under the expected score. Not complaining though, getting a Cham was very nice after all.

I ran 2871 runs with an average time of 23,078. That's roughly 18 and half hours, so I didn't finish a full set. Nothing really outstanding (expect maybe a 18life/11fire res sc) in the form of non-qualifiers, but it was fun nonetheless. Well, maybe apart from the 1070 runs without a qualifiers :p
Thanks Gripphon for organizing, its been a lot of fun!

I had to contain my excitement when my JAH dropped...it came on my second overall run! This allowed me to finally create the Enigma runeword, something I've been wanting basically since it came out. Also found and OHM, which I'm going to use for my first CTA*.

Not as much of a spoiler but an explanation...I've had the runes for CTA for a while but held off from crafting it mainly because all of my non-sorc characters use some source of teleport staff on their off hand. With Enigma now, I can get a CTA for off hand and go, go, go!

I'm fairly certain I have a 5os Flail sitting around......

Originally posted by Gripphon

Some interesting info.

Runes farmed this RFO:
Mal: 10
Um: 12
Gul: 11
Ist: 11
Ohm: 6
Vex: wat is Vex
Sur: 5
Lo: 2
Jah: 3
Ber: 4
Cham: 3

Total runes farmed in ALL RFO's (1.13 version) till now:

Mal: 69
Um: 75
Gul: 52
Ist: 45
Ohm: 32
Vex: 37
Sur: 21
Lo: 22
Jah: 22
Ber: 13
Cham: 16

Most qualifiers farmed per set all time:
26-19-19-18-17-15...

Average number of qualifiers per participant set all time (1.13):
404/49 = 8.2

Most single qualifiers found in a set:
LiquidClear (2015 Spring RFO): 8x Gul

Highest end sequence in a set:
zticazzy (2016 Winter RFO): 2x Sur, Ber, Jah, Cham

Hardest man to freeze:
Gripphon (2015 Spring RFO): 3xCham

Originally posted by zticazzy

Hey nice results everyone! GG @XyleneCyanol, 3xBer in a single batch is huge! In fact I was expecting to see you at the top and me on 2nd or 3rd place, looks like I've nailed it again. I also thought @Grape was going to have a better placement... better luck next time man! And btw @Kitteh is the new Gripnulio, watch out everyone.
Not much to say about my batch, few runes but the quality is high. I was at 92,8 points (9 runes) after 8 hours, so I thought "cool, with drops like these I can easily go over 150!" but the game was like "oh no you don't" and a 5-hours dry streak evened things out. First qualifier was Jah and last Cham, which I believe it's a pretty cool thing. Also nice that I had enough runes to cube a Zod but not a Vex, my Zod fetish is satisfied once again. :D

Haul pic
1596600883443.png

Need to go now, pat thread incoming.
Cya!

I appreciate the public humiliation. Thanks.
Congrats to all the others, and especially to XyleneCyanol! It's nice to see runes being found by folks who are actually excited about them unlike us cynical old veterans who only care about useful runes (Cham, Ral; Lo's not bad either,) so enjoy your spoils!
Mentioning useful runes, and you don't mention Ber... ccc...

As for MFO/RFO, yes, they do act inspirational on players. It is simply not the same when you play the game occasionally farming whatever, and when you participate at MFO/RFO where actually your finds have more weight, so you try to play better and more.

For that purpose, I'm looking toward hosting different kind of event, check details here and also check 2 posts after it cause I developed idea further than just one area. Also I'm ISO-ing opinions on idea. Forgot to mention WSK at second post.

Originally posted by XyleneCyanol

Congraz to all for the nice find.

Thanks Gripphon for hosting and the very helpful advice for blizz sorc. Also thanks to all your good old timers for all the discussion in the 2014/2015/2016 sign-up and running thread, which is really helpful.

Originally, I was not sure whether I could finish even one full set. However, after 5 hours of dry streak, and low end qualifiers in set 1, I decided to give another try.

So, in the name of the Que-Hegan Khalim, to carry on Khalim's spirit, to finish Khalim's will, I started set 2 :p

20 mins into set 2, a Ber dropped. One hour after that, a Jah dropped. Awesome start for me in set 2: basically, an Enigma within 1 hour 20 mins. This drop of Jah means that the only rune that has not dropped for me is Zod.

1596600986790.png

Run info (I did not s/e in the first run, so run number is not accurate, and in set 2, I occasionally forgot to stop the run counter while muling, so the shortest run time is ~2 seconds):

1596600998700.png

For me, the following drop is more valuable than the rune drop :p

Code:
Scintillating Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Required Level: 31
Fingerprint: 0xfd737900
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+15% Increased Attack Speed
Cold Resist +13%
Lightning Resist +13%
Fire Resist +13%
Poison Resist +13%

Harpoonist's Grand Charm of Vita
Grand Charm
Required Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0xbca03e01
+1 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
+40 to Life

Burning Grand Charm of Vita
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x983f955f
+1 to Fire Skills (Sorceress Only)
+40 to Life

Natural Grand Charm of Vita
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xd7b23279
+1 to Elemental Skills (Druid Only)
+36 to Life

Fletcher's Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x8663e281
Unidentified
+1 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)
+27 to Life

Acrobatic Grand Charm of Life
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xd760d539
+1 to Passive and Magic Skills (Amazon Only)
+11 to Life

Shogukusha's Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xe92ee3f4
+1 to Martial Art Skills (Assassin Only)
+29 to Life

Coral Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0xcfdbc3d4
+18 to Life
Lightning Resist +8%

Serpent's Grand Charm of Vita
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa23af4f
+40 to Life
+53 to Mana

The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0xc8ed9457
+1 to All Skills
Adds 1 - 12 Lightning Damage
+20 to Mana
Increase Maximum Mana 25%

The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0x50c7f362
+1 to All Skills
Adds 1 - 12 Lightning Damage
+20 to Mana
Increase Maximum Mana 25%

Wisp Projector
Ring
Required Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0x98e44c31
10% Chance to cast level 16 Lightning on striking
Lightning Absorb 17%
16% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Level 7 Spirit of Barbs (4/11 Charges)
Level 5 Heart of Wolverine (2/13 Charges)
Level 2 Oak Sage (6/15 Charges)

Wisp Projector
Ring
Required Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0x171ae57
10% Chance to cast level 16 Lightning on striking
Lightning Absorb 19%
19% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Level 7 Spirit of Barbs (3/11 Charges)
Level 5 Heart of Wolverine (11/13 Charges)
Level 2 Oak Sage (4/15 Charges)

Participating RFO/MFO is really fun, since it really pushes me. In regular runs, I will very easily get bored. However, in RFO/MFO mode, I found myself really motivated. For example, before last MFO, I never thought that if I had found a Griffon's Eye, it would not get into my top 5. However, Griffon's Eye is at the 9th place after MFO.

So, all SPFers, sign-in for future MFO/RFO for fun !!!

Last edited:
Originally posted by Thyiad

Well, those are some insane scores at the top there! Congratulations. :D

I have to admit to being a bit disappointed. I did run a reasonable number of hours (IE close to max) and apart from the qualifiers I got:
1 Pul, 4 Fals, Ko, 3 Lum, 4 Ios (176 runes total); 2 Rainbow facets (neither perfect but the fire was +5).

Apart from the usual Mahim-Oak, I picked up 2 Nages (29% best), a Manald, 2 Dwarf Stars and 4 Raven Frosts.

I like to keep an eye on rares and I was pretty happy with these but fire rather than poison would have been nice:
Storm Trample
Light Plated Boots
Defense: 21
Durability: 11 of 18
Required Level: 23
Required Strength: 50
Fingerprint: 0x7cda6f81
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+10% Faster Hit Recovery
+80% Enhanced Defense
Lightning Resist +34%
Poison Resist +22%
Half Freeze Duration

But lightening/poison seemed to be a Council theme:
Glyph Stalker
Greaves
Defense: 22
Durability: 19 of 24
Required Level: 18
Required Strength: 70
Fingerprint: 0xfd238b25
+10% Faster Run/Walk
+15 to Attack Rating
+43% Enhanced Defense
Lightning Resist +39%
Poison Resist +35%
63% Extra Gold from Monsters
+1 to Light Radius

One day I'll get around to a whole-rare merc and I'd like to think I could use this (pretty sure Pushkin has an Act 5 merc still):
Dread Nails
Colossus Voulge
Two Hand Damage: 80 - 797
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Level: 48
Required Strength: 200
Required Dexterity: 45
Fingerprint: 0x22977e4e
222% Enhanced Damage
+2 to Maximum Damage
+28% Damage to Undead
+28 to Attack Rating against Undead
Adds 1 - 2 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
8% Mana stolen per hit
Ethereal

Oddly the Council did ok on uniques and sets. A Guillaumes Face, IK Boots, Belt and 3 Mauls, a Tals Ammy, Hat and Eye, 3 Twitchthroes, 2 Skin of the Viper (one all res 35), an Arreats, a Homunculous, a Valk Wing, a Crown of thieves, 2 Stormshields, a Reapers and a Kiras and the first drop .. a Cerebus Bite. 226 Gems (mostly flawless but I did cube 19 of those.)

I did get a bit distracted and wandered off to kill Pindle and the Countess a few times. (Sometimes just to get rejuvs.) A Ko, a Goldwrap, Venom Grip, TGods, Widowmaker and Medusa Gaze.

Did a bit of gambling to get rid of the gold:
Blood Necklace
Amulet
Required Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0x17503624
Item Level: 99
+9 to Energy
Replenish Life +10
Cold Resist +5%
All Resistances +12
Poison Resist +25%

Nothing spectacular, I admit but it was nice to see rares and uniques and sets. Runes would have been handy in the circumstances though!

Well done to all participants, catch you next time. :)

Good job! Love the Bers and keep 'em coming. Also glad to see a lot of other useful/good items being found.

Kinda unfair Xylene found 25% of the total all time Bers in one set, but set 1 had no high end so it was very deserving :)
Congratulations to everyone!
I've found out about this RFO too late, so I only participated in the shadow with my eBOTD/beast WW barb. Found Jah on second run :D Otherwise nothing interesting.
Also: this is my first post for in about a year. Had a bit of D2 break. :)
Congrats all. Some insane rune hauls there.

Always amazes me the commitment people have to find more runes in one RFO than I have in my entire playing life!
Congrats everyone. I didn't break the 12 hour mark unfortunately, but still my results were better than the last RFO.
Oh now I know where all those great non-qualifiers went. That is some awesome loot there, Xylene!

Now that Thyiad mentioned unique amulet and rings, there's my end balance: 6/9 rings and 8/12 found. :p

Originally posted by Steven Q Urkel

Hi Gripphon. I wasn't an official RFO participant, but I did do a few runs here and there with my Pal. He found a Vex on /players 3, my only qualifier.

1596601165241.png

Me too. I got a Gul from HF a couple times!
What gets me is that when I started running Trav a few months ago, in a three day span I found Jah, Vex, and Cham. Then the RFO comes around, and I get blanked. Thanks, Obama!
That is a nice warmup for next RFO!
I can't say I'm surprised.
Not only that, but my only Heart of the Oak is only 30%. >_< I'll probably try for a better one, if I have a 4os flail that is :rolleyes:

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High