[2015] The Show Your Colours Tournament [by Pb_pal]

Vildecor said:
@felixbavaria - I tested this one out, and they do change color. It's just very slight. With an emerald and ruby, the only difference was a slight darkening of the blade.
Thanks for testing! It's good to know that Poleaxe-type weapons are fair game.

Shortly after selling that not so colourful Poleaxe I found a 3os Pike in the Flayer Jungle :p

Screenshot366.jpg

kestegs said:
Where are setitems.txt and uniqueitems.txt? Also the link to the spreadsheet doesn't work. (the very last link in the last spoiler)
the two .txt files are in ATMA's config directory, along with a pile of others. (C:\Program Files\ATMA V\ATMA_CONFIG\1.11) or something very similar, depending on where your install is pointed. Not sure if they are in GoMule somewhere or not though.

As for the spreadsheet, yes it does seem down. I will re-upload it in the morning (I don't have it on this computer) and post the updated link!

@kestegs - I re-uploaded the file, so the link in the first post should now point you in the right direction. Thanks for the heads up!

--

Lemon decided that it was time to let Paige head back to her homeland and hired Ahsab the Defiance Guard. He figured since he would be switching to an Iron Wolf anyways, he may as well bring someone along for the ride through the desert who knew the way. Having a meat shield to soak up all those charged bolts will be nice as well. After an initial shopping spree, the duo set out to get the cube.

Pretty standard fare through the desert, Creeping Feature was taken out without issue and before we knew it we had the cube. After upgrading some equipment, we had two new outfits for our fellas.

s5O7FfM.jpg

Feeling stylish and confident now, the duo cleared the sewers before heading back out into the sand. We cleared all the way up to Fangskin's Lair easily, and managed to clear the entire top half of his room without waking him up. This let us dart to the altar and take him safely from the stairs. Not too much else notable happened on our trip to the tombs, other than this charm we found in the Canyon of the Magi.

ZSIpg8V.jpg

Not too shabby! Especially for so early on. The false tombs were all cleared without trouble, including old Kaa, and the true tomb was given the same treatment. After pre-buffing with thawing potions, we jumped down into his chamber and took on the big bug.

02hH4u4.jpg

The fight was super easy, with none of the three combatants moving from this spot. Duriel focused pretty much entirely on Lemon, which meant that Ahsab didn't even need any healers (Lemon needed 2). The drop contained nothing red, so Lemon sold it for scraps before heading off to Kurast.

Lemon the Red Avenger Paladin with Ahsab the Defiance Guard - lvl 28, Kurast Docks

Vildecor said:
There's only ONE affix that will get me anything I can use for magic/rare gear: Visionary. All the other affixes listed are either for jewels or were not implemented.
Cross-checked this with the affix colors listed at the inDiablo.de site and it looks like I have a *bit* more to work with: Faithful, Hawkeye, Fool's, and Grinding. Those last two are at least quite nice.

Until those show up, we're continuing on with whatever spears come our way and plowing through enemies quickly with the help of Charged Strike. Lucent dragged Ahsab with her into the sewers to rid Lut Gholein of the menace Radament. Even Bloodwitch the Wild couldn't stand up to Lucent's attacks.

Coldworm was offed very quickly, as it seems he didn't have much time to spawn much protection with his room so close to the entrance:

Lucent%205.jpg

We also hit level 24 right before the entering the Maggot Lair, getting us our first point in Fend. The tight spaces of the Maggot Lair were not a great place to try it out though. We saved that for some zombies who were feeling a bit too bold in their attempts to seduce Lucent:

Lucent%207.jpg

I took on a bit too much and needed a couple of rejuvs before they all fell. It is nice having Fend hit as many times as there are enemies in range, but it won't really shine until I can get some life and mana leech. Until then, I'll mostly be sticking to Charged Strike. After all, at slvl 6, one hit leaves a Fire Tower with this much health:

Lucent%209.jpg

Fangskin got to taste my own lightning. In the Arcane Sanctuary, Fend occasionally was used to do the real work while Ahsab tried to hide. Ancient Kaa met the same fate as Fangskin. And ultimately, though Duriel could chill us, it could not hamper the power of Lucent's strikes. He fell, leaving us some colorful rewards, though none of them were white. Not even this pike, though looks can be deceiving:

Lucent%2016.jpg

Looks pretty white to me! But it's light blue.

The second Act went by pretty quickly, as we could aggresively charge in and fry nearly everything in our way. The only thing that slowed us down were the charged bolts of beetles, the flaming attacks of vampires, and our small mana pool. Hoping to see some life/mana leech and better resists on our rares next act.

Lucent the White Spearzon, level 28, Kurast Docks

@Vildecor - Great write-up! Spearzons just look so damn cool, I'm excited to see how she fares when you get some leech going with Fend.

--

We're due for a table update to get all participants officially in there now. Great progress guys!

Code:
Table of Heroes:
Forum Name     Class      Colour   Char Name     LVL    ACT     Area
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
felixbavaria   Amazon     Blue     Vanilla       ??     A3      Flayer Jungle
Vildecor       Amazon     White    Lucent        28     A3      Kurast Docks
Pb_pal         Paladin    Red      Lemon         28     A3      Kurast Docks
Southpaw8668   Amazon     Green    Gretchen      21     A2      Far Oasis
Interdasting   Druid      Red      Crimson       14     A1      Black Marsh

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll second that, great write up @Vildecor
I'm starting to think my color should have been Red for Gretchen, as I'm now noticing that all the leeching spears that I so desperately need are a lovely red color. Green provides very few choices in weapon enhancements. Most of the gem rolled, socketed enhancements fall under the Grey color code. I'm thinking of starting over with either a red, Spearzon named Ruby or a PS-sin named Kris Kringle. Any votes fellow Colourers?

Ember and Ryann the fire Rogue have finished rescuing Cain and decided to head back to camp for the evening. Little has challenged the devastating power of Ember's Fists of Fire. She's decided to switch things up and go from a W/S setup which was too slow for her liking to a double Wrist Blade setup to help with her attack rating some while she now utilizes the Dragon Talon finish. Gems have been dropping all around her and thus she has been able to properly colour their equipment. Ember is very pleased with her red glow and Ryann looks very striking in green.
Screenshot003.jpg
This nifty little hand axe was dropped by Red Raven, which she stashed away for a rainy day. She'll never use it as its colours just don't suit her personal satisfaction, even though it does have some nice damage bonuses.
Screenshot001.jpg
Ember and Ryann, Level 14, Dark Wood

Last time we heard from Vanilla, she was complaining about some polearms that did not change color. In the meantime, her merc is using a 3os Lochaber Axe with an Amethyst and 2 Ral runes. Oh, and she has defeated all the Prime Evils for the first time.

Screenshot370.jpg

Screenshot375.jpg

Fun fact: Both Mephisto and Baal dropped two items from the same set.

All three of them were taken at /p3, and none of them offered significant resistance. I made a Flawed Sapphire / Ort Skull Cap for the Diablo fight, but of course forgot to put it on, so I fought him with 22 lightning resist without noticing.

Sapphires do a great job in keeping enemies frozen and the mana pool decently sized. We currently have a Double Bow (PSapphire / 2x Ort), a Mask (PSapphire / PTopaz / empty slot) and a Ring Mail (Flawless Sapphire / 2x Flawless Topaz).

Useful finds include: Small Charm of Sustenance (+15 life), Snake's Large Charm of Life (+13 life, +15 mana), 2x Snake's Grand Charm (+24 mana each), 2x Nagelring (29 and 17% MF). The only blue S/U item so far is Milabrega's Orb (kept on switch, along with a javelin with cold damage).

Blue Javazon:

Screenshot371.jpg

I also gambled this nice amulet:

Entropy Scarab
Amulet
Required Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0x1c9b3c05
Item Level: 46
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+1 to Assassin Skill Levels
+2 to Minimum Damage
+11 to Dexterity
+1 to Energy
All Resistances +14
Lightning Resist +40%

The Cow level dropped nothing useful, despite 4 S/U items (Dimoak's Hew, Twitchthroe, Deathspade, Iratha's Cord).

Will gamble rings for $2M to replace the 17% MF Nagelring before entering Nightmare.

Destroyer Vanilla the Blue FA zon and Gulzar the Prayer Merc, level 48, Rogue Encampment (NM)

@felixbavaria - Big congrats on the first Destroyer of the tournament! Looks like you're accumulating some pretty cool gear, well done!

--

Upon reaching the docks in Kurast, Ahsab informed Lemon that he would not be getting off the boat. He had a great fear of the jungles with their closed-in spaces and trees blocking you in on all sides. Lemon shrugged, said good-bye, and got off without him. Truth be told, he had planned on ditching him anyway, so this worked out in his favour. His first task was to go and see Asheara, and hire her very best Iron Wolf. Raldin the Cold Mage joined the team, and informed Lemon that he had no intention of leaving his side, no matter what they happened across.

After making some new equipment for Raldin, the duo set off into the jungles of Act III. Killing speed has dropped off for now, but hopefully once Lemon starts using Conviction things will pick up again. Despite the slower progress, safety is at an all-time high as raldin keeps everything chilled and frozen, allowing Lemon to hack away with ease. Sszark's minions were carefully led away and disposed off before taking him on 2-on-1.

After wasting a socket on a Phase Blade that we had been saving (it does change, but basically just the shine off of it turns red and it retains a mostly blue look. Maybe Lemon is just a little picky, but I digress), Lemon made himself a new toy.

9y65MXk.jpg

He was quite happy with how it looks, and is feeling good now that his outfit is coming together more. We hit level 30 in the Swampy Pit (level 2, to be exact!), and finally got access to Conviction. Even with just the one point there was a noticeable increase in both Lemon and Raldin's firepower, so we're happy with that. Shortly thereafter, we made our way through the Flayer Jungle and disposed of Stormtree before clearing out the forgotten cities of Kurast.

We found a Gull in the Kurat Bazaar, which would have been great if Raldin could figure out how to wield daggers (it's light grey). Figures the one time I find a Gull at an appropriate time in a tournament and I can't use it. Oh well! After clearing the three cities it was time for the temples, and as always, Sarina's was first up. There were about 4 Wailing beasts waiting for us at the door, but they were only normal ones so Raldin could keep them frozen. Raldin shone again once we met Sarina's pack, and kept them contained in the doorway quite handily.

kRBRePM.jpg

The rest of the temples flew by without a single stair-trap, or even a dangerous moment at all. Raldin really showed his worth in the sewers where he turned everything to ice cubes (nullifying the Unravellers), and even did it from across gaps to keep us 100% safe. With Conviction growing in power, and Raldin being caught up in levels now, he is killing reasonably quickly. As mentioned, combined with Lemon's cold damage, pretty much every monster shatters now, which is pretty nice.

The duo continued on and knocked off the council before heading through the Durance. It was filled with dolls and maulers, but the duo was never in any real danger. They cruised through to Meph's level, killed the remaining council members and took on the big buy himself. Pretty straightforward fight, with a few healers (and TONS of mana pots) being used. Raldin scord the killing blow for the extra MF (and got a level in the process), but the drop offered nothing of use.

f3zTMmI.jpg

So the two now sit in the Pandamonium Fortress, waiting to resume their journey.

Other Finds:
- Arctic Belt (Spider Forest)
- Sanders Wand (Spider Forest) and Gloves (Upper Kurast)
- ANOTHER pair of Cleglaws Gloves (Great Marsh)
- Diggler (Flayer Dungeon 2)
- Sigons Helm (Endugu) -> Nice! We'll stash it in case other pieces (hopefully the shield!) show up for Raldin

Lemon the Red Avenger Paladin with Raldin the Cold Mage - lvl 32, Pandamonium Fortress

The duo continued on their journey, shattering their way through Act IV. Eventually they met up with Izual, and progress promptly stopped. It took two trips back to town to restock mana potions, one weapon break, and 10 full minutes of hacking before he fell. Mental note - craft some blood gloves for CB at first available opportunity!

One nice thing is that colourful items are starting to drop much more frequently, and show up in shop windows more now that the affix pool is getting larger. Lemon managed to find himself a nice little weapon upgrade out in the Plains:

CvOQMT2.jpg

Now THAT is a red sword! It does more damage than our lats weapon, but is slower. I think we lost a hair on overall DPS, but the red was so intoxicating that Lemon just couldn't put it down. Coupled with his new Great Helm, he's starting to look pretty menacing!

Through the River of Flame we progressed, eventually making it to the Forge. Hephasto had HF as his aura, so he proved to be a bit of a pain. We did prevail however, and got ourselves an Ith from the Forge. We took it quite slow through the CS, making sure to lead the knights away from the mages so as to not get amped or decreped (Lemon's attack is slow enough as it is!). Vizier's seal was easy, and we popped back from the Wp for the other two to keep it safe. After clearing the last seal, we hit a convenient Combat Shrine and went for Big D. We felt quite confident, given our resists situation:

GHmgMg9.jpg

That's without Salvation, which means we can run Conviction for the fight and keep our killing power at a maximum. The fight was actually quite fun. Not much running around, mostly just a face-to-face showdown between D and Lemon. He needed about 6 purples when D would do consecutive Hoses, but other than that Healers kept him safe and Diablo was vanquished. The drop was useless to him, as none of it matched his outfit.

Other Finds:
- Soulflay (Plains of Despair)
- Angelic Sabre (City of the Damned)
- The Salamander (Chaos Sanctuary) - Red, cool! We'll never use it but it's always nice to see the right colour.

Lemon the Red Avenger Paladin with Raldin the Cold Mage - lvl 35, Harrogath

Act I NM is done. 3os Gothic Plate with Flawless Sapphire looks like this:

Screenshot373.jpg

The Countess dropped an Io rune. The Smith dropped a failed Demon Limb. Only useful drop in the Act was a 3os Partizan:

Screenshot381.jpg

Upon reaching Lut Gholein, I switched to a Might merc to improve the Valk and Merc damage.

Vanilla and Razan the Might merc, level 52, Lut Gholein (NM)

Lucent has slain her first Prime Evil. Fighting style has remained pretty much unchanged. Poking things with the stick with the occasional Charged Strike for the more dangerous foes. Level 30 got our first skill point in what will be our main attack -- Lightning Strike. It will still be awhile before we start using it, the damage at low slvls is underwhelming. Nice that it gets one additional chain lightning hit per point though.

As expected, the flayers provided plenty of opportunities to make use of Fend. We swapped out one of our MF rings to a 3% LL ring. Doesn't get us much, but it's something. Also swapped out the Brandistock for a Maiden Spear.

The caption for this screenshot would be: When busting ghosts, remember -- do not cross the streams.

Lucent%2022.jpg

Slow missiles got some use against flayer shamans. Our fire resist is only up to 35% now that I put a 19% FR/+9 max dmg jewel in the Maiden Spear. It's about time to start gambling for my white affixes. Visionary (alvl 25) and Faithful (alvl 30) are already obtainable through gambling at my clvl for the helm and body armor slots. Hawkeye (alvl 35) opens up on Spears at ilvl 37, so I'd need to get to level 33 before I'd have a chance to see that...on Spears. Maybe I'll get lucky and find some rares with no color-changing suffixes that can up my resists/life/mana some more.

Bremm Sparkfist spawned Fanaticism. You can see in the screenshot he killed the mercenary, but we finished him off with no problems. Then it was time for Mephisto himself.

Lucent%2032.jpg

He was taken out on p5. Lucent tanked him after seeing how much his bonus damage hurt the mercenary. He gave us nothing useful (except for the selling value)

Lucent the White Spearzon - Level 32, Pandemonium Fortress

Ember with the help of Ryann bested Andariel and Ryann requested to stay back with her Rogue sisters. After arriving in the desert town Ember hired out Gulzar the Healer to assist in slaying the Radament and on as they begin their journey into the blasted lands. Ember will stick with her preferred Shadow Warrior throughout her journey, while of course eventually employing Phoenix Strike and its synergies.
With a bit of gambling done after reaching the desert, she was hoping for some higher MF within her gloves and boots. While purchasing light and heavy leather gloves and wrist blades she scored a couple nice surprises.
Screenshot002.jpg
Although she is utilizing the duel wrist blade set up on primary, she has elected to equip this gambled rare wrist blade on switch due to it's high CTC flee for any nasty situation or provide some additional crowd control. And most importantly it's red as you can see in game due to the fire damage I'm guessing. EDIT: Upon closer inspection of this wrist blade it is fact orange not red, which would make sense due to its 50% CTC flee. It has been sold and I never equipped it while in battle anyway.
Screenshot004.jpg
Ember and Gulzar, Level 21, Act II

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High