2015 Spring RFO Sign-Up and Running Thread [by Gripphon]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @Gripphon on May 6, 2015.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

RFO is back! Welcome to the Travincal RFO, Spring 2015. In this thread players sign-up and talk about RFO related stuff. Anyone can compete, it is not important are you HC, SC player or do you have or don't have trade profile. However if you don't have trade profile, you won't be able to get prize if you win.

What is RFO?
RFO stands for Rune-Find-Olympics. As name states, here we hunt runes, the more the better! For Um+ runes you get points and winner is player who has most points.

When is RFO?
Starts in 25th May at 00:00, ends in 7th June 11:59pm.

Rules and info

1. Area we run is Travincal, in both 1.13 and 1.07 versions. Monsters we kill are known as Council Members: 3 bosses and their 8 minions. Any player setting and run at any way you like.

2. Running time is limited to 20 hours of playing (when you mule to stash or in ATMA/GOMULE, you can pause clock/counter/online stopwatch or whatever you use). However, when you finish your 20 hours of running, you can start a new batch of running which is again limited to 20 hours of playing. There is no limit to how many batches you can run

3. You are not allowed to start a new batch as long as you don't finish full 20 hours of previous one.

4. Each batch is scored individually. Every batch will be included in final scoring.

5. Screenshots of runes are not required, however I assume you will take screenshots of runes for trading purposes anyway + it might be cool to see some epic 1.07 drop.

6. You can combine running of 1.07 and 1.13 Travincal if you want to, but take care where your rune dropped.

7. Cubing runes into higher ones is not allowed. In other words don't cube Pul runes into Um to get score.

8. Please please please don't reveal your qualifiers (Um+ runes) at duration of RFO. You can demotivate and even annoy other contenders. After RFO ends there will be thread about results of RFO and everything you found will be there. You may however talk about non-qualifiers all you want.

Scoring

Scoring is based on rarity of the rune, so don't be surprised if lower level rune brings more points than some higher level rune. To determine points for 1.07 Travincal I used data from ATMA and compared rarity of the runes there with rarity of the runes in 1.13. I took 1.13 Mal worth as 5 points, so scoring of all other runes is based on that.

1.13 Travincal:
Mal 5.0
Um 5.1
Gul 7.1
Ist 7.5
Ohm 10.1
Vex 10.6
Sur 13.7
Lo 15.1
Jah 18.3
Ber 20.5
Cham 27.5

1.07 Travincal:
Um 13.4
Mal 17.8
Ist 26.8
Gul 35.6
Vex 53.4
Ohm 70.6
Lo 106.0
Sur 142.3
Ber 213.4
Jo 284.3
Cham 426.4

All Um+ runes you find will be scored for the final score. So, if you find 10 Um runes in 20 hours of running, your final score will be 10*5.1=51.

Prize
Eternal glory! There might be some symbolic prize as it was the last time.

Lets see how many people are interested in RFO to get it going. If you will run 1.07, please state it when you sign-up.

Send results to Maareek's PM.

Participants:

Gripphon
Kitteh
Gino
srrw
zticazzy
bodry
TreeOfSmoke
thefranklin
Goobergrape
Zylo
Pharphis
RickH
Cyrax
Thyiad
maxicek
Grape
LiquidClear
scrcrw
Dazliare
dave
frozzzen
nulio
Kimppi
endlesscircuit
Username is not in use
Fabian

2014 RFO Sign-Up and Running Thread
2014 RFO Results

Last edited:
-------------
Gripphon

--------------
I'll give it a go, using my hdin of course
Sounds fun!

-------------
Gripphon
Kitteh
Gino

--------------

I put you in Gino, hope you don't mind!
I'm in, fits in nicely with my plans. Probably doing both 1.07 and 1.13 trav, assuming I manage to rack the rest of the gear I need for my 1.07 barb.
Sounds good, I might play. And get bored within 3 hours. Maybe.
Hmm, that's about how many hours I have left for my 1.07 99er... maybe I should put it on hold until then? :p
-------------
Gripphon
Kitteh
Gino
srrw

--------------

Might as well. I still owe Phar a Ber and I'm getting seriously bored at LK. I doubt I'll put all the 20 hours in, but we'll see.
-------------
Gripphon
Kitteh
Gino
srrw
zticazzy

--------------

My char is rather slow compared to yours, so I'm pretty sure I won't win, but I need to run Trav intensively, therefore some external motivation might be useful. Cham is my personal goal, crossed fingers! And thanks Gripph for hosting! :rolleyes:
-------------
Gripphon
Kitteh
Gino
srrw
zticazzy
bodry
--------------

1.13 SC signup here. Not sure if I will have 20 hours of free running time, but I'll try of course. Personal goal is a Cham to cube up to Zod and create something sick in my 15ed Eth Sup Great Poleaxe. :)

How about some prize for the winner and the runner-ups? I'll go over my stashes to find something godly. Maybe some godly rares/crafts?
Bodry it looks like we're running for the same reason, lol. Also gieb gpa.
I prefer a 1.07 sup eth one :p

Code:
Breath of the Dying
Superior Great Poleaxe
VexHelElEldZodEth
Two Hand Damage: 384 - 1058
Durability: 28 of 28
Required Level: 69
Required Strength: 136
Required Dexterity: 72
Fingerprint: 0x6ccbeca
Item Level: 87
Version: Expansion
50% Chance to cast level 20 Poison Nova when you Kill an Enemy
Indestructible
+60% Increased Attack Speed
457% Enhanced Damage
-25% Target Defense
+51 to Attack Rating
+200% Damage to Undead
+50 to Attack Rating against Undead
7% Mana stolen per hit
14% Life stolen per hit
Prevent Monster Heal
All Stats +30
+1 to Light Radius
Requirements -20%
Ethereal
6 Sockets (6 used)
Socketed: Vex Rune
Socketed: Hel Rune
Socketed: El Rune
Socketed: Eld Rune
Socketed: Zod Rune
Socketed: Eth Rune

Thanks again to Gripphon for the great roll <3
Godly. :O Sadly I dont play older patches.

To the OP: player settings rule? Or I can use whatever I like? :)
-------------
Gripphon
Kitteh
Gino
srrw
zticazzy
bodry
maxicek
--------------
I'll join for 1.13 category. For some reason my compy refuses to take screenshots, so I'll take photos of the monitor instead.
Are you sure they aren't in the RWM folder?
-------------
Gripphon
Kitteh
Gino
srrw
zticazzy
bodry
TreeOfSmoke
--------------
I'll give this a try with my frenzybarb. I play 1.13c SC. Unfortunately no 1.07 as it doesn't work with my disk.
-------------
Gripphon
Kitteh
Gino
srrw
zticazzy
bodry
TreeOfSmoke
thefranklin
--------------

Anyone else going to use a bowzon?
-------------
Gripphon
Kitteh
Gino
srrw
zticazzy
bodry
TreeOfSmoke
thefranklin
Goobergrape
--------------

I'll be rolling a 1.13 WW barb, dual Oaths ftw.
-------------
Gripphon
Kitteh
Gino
srrw
zticazzy
bodry
TreeOfSmoke
thefranklin
Goobergrape
Zylo
--------------

Thanks for putting this on again Gripphon. Trav, runes, afterhork, and scoliosis - what's not to love?!

@nulio - you link the hax runewords after RFO, not before.

-------------
Gripphon
Kitteh
Gino
srrw
zticazzy
bodry
TreeOfSmoke
thefranklin
Goobergrape
Zylo
Pharphis
--------------

1.07, ofc. I'll have to distract myself with other stuff for now so that I can 99 towards the end of the 20 hour set
@pharphis: Or you could, you know, just engage insane comeptitor mode and go for two 99s in the RFO. Think about it, that kind of effort in 1.07 is guaranteed to get you at least 2 Ums!

I have plans for a good portion of the time frame so I won't be signing up to be completely curb stomped by gripgod like the rest of you fools -- I mean I won't be attempting to repeat as champion, but good luck to those of you who do run. Except gripgod. Although grip winning this and having both the MFO and RFO title would mean we could just create a single event called the Griplympics in which Grip runs targets chosen at random with characters chosen at random and would still show he could do so more efficiently than anybody else could run any other target with any other class. I, for one, would welcome our new Croatian overlord.

(Thanks for organizing this Grip, the last one was cool and I'm sure this one will be, as well. Hopefully people see my jokes for what they are and realize even a skill-less newbie such as myself can defeat even your mighty powers and actually run.)
Are you making fun of me for only finding 2x um runes last time?

Jerk
I actually didn't remember what you found last time at all, was merely pointing out that the odds in 1.07 are abysmal and that it only sounds even more abysmal the more runs you plan on doing (aka pointing out the secret option of hitting 99 before the RFO and leaving the 1.07 championship to nulio or some other crazy person ;).)
Haven't thought about it. Don't you need some leet gear to stay alive?
I guess I can shoot through the windows from a safe distance or something? :/
Seems to me like a nicely equiped FA zon could do fairly well. Most councils can be frozen so little danger of they can be herded enough to freeze most/all. From an efficiency point of view she doesn't stand a chance of course.

Thinking about signing up. Not sure though.
Cons:
- I prefer MFO over RFO.
- Somehow find a way to keep track of those 20 hrs
- Trav can't drop TC 87's (correct me if i'm mistaken) so no grailies
- While competing i can't run Baal!
Pro's:
- Need more runes!
- A change of scenery from the usual Baals
- Show you guys how it's done. Oh wait, did i say that out loud?
We need someone to give a challenge to Gripphon!
There are few possible problems. First of all, it is possible for same person to be two times in top 3 spots (or even 3 times which will happen if Fabian decides to do 60 hours). This can be avoided by giving prizes to top 3 different players instead.

Second possible problem is, RFO is not as strict as MFO is. I don't even seek for players to have legit trade profiles nor do I seek for screenshots. In such conditions it might not be good idea to have godly stuff for prizes. That's why the last time was only one prize and it was symbolic more than something useful.

Now I don't really mind even if we have some prizes that might be useful or even good, but I'm leaning toward symbolic prizes. Still don't know what those could be though.

You run the way you like on players settings you like. Basically only rule is we value runes dropped only by council dudez, anything else is up to you.

I know you had certain problems with run counter when you ran for SPF hall of records, but can't recall what. Doesn't run counter work for you normally? It is by far best method of keeping track of time after all.

You can get certain TC 87s, but not from council dudez, but other bosses from Travincal.

Also prefering MFO over RFO, and then reason is Baal! (there was discussion about removing Baal from next MFO because it is not MFO category but experience one, but chances for that to happen are slim, so you are in luck actually. Fabian seems unlikely to break MFO tradition by removing Baal category)
I think the losers should each donate a rune and combine to make a Last Wish Crystal Sword as the champion's prize. We should be overflowing in runes, right? Why not waste them on a stupid trophy!?!?
IIRC the issues i had with runcounter was something with recording correct time per run. Since now only the total time counts it should work. Would have to dl the counter again though since i threw it away.

The reason i prefer MFO over RFO isn't Baal related. As i mentioned before when the RFO idea was discussed i prefer anything with Olympics in the name to have no timelimit within the set timeframe. That way anyone crazy enough could run for a full two weeks without sleeping if they preferred, instead of cutting things into 20 hr portions.
Besides that i just prefer running for those greens and golds for the offchance i find one of my missing grailies. And it probably wouldn't hurt my perfect (eth) grail either.

Fabian isn't breaking tradition by removing Baal category, he's breaking it with removing MFO from the calendar entirely! :p
In principle I agree with Cyrax in that what makes the Magic Find Olympics an "Olympics" to me is the unlimited running aspect of it, and that having other olympics in the SPF kinda goes against that. On the other hand I don't think it's a big deal at all, and that no matter what you name other competitions, the MFO is still the big one with tradition/hype/etc surrounding it. So whatevs, it's good to see more target running related tournaments that garner some interest, period.

MFO is happening this summer, don't worry :) We'll see what the participation numbers are like, I feel like the forum is kinda dying and having it twice a year is too much. Then again, a dying forum might be a reason to have it more often (but smaller/less hype), not less often. We'll see what happens in the Summer MFO. And yeah I think Baal is a terrible category and wish it wasn't so popular so I could remove it forever without anyone protesting, but oh well.

Enough talk about the MFO though, RFO hype! There's like a 20% chance I'll run Travincal seriously for the first time since 2010 or something, not bad at all.
To measure total time played stopwatch is good enough anyway, or online stopwatch, or run counter, whatever works for someone.

Problem with run counter is it doesn't register first run you do after you pause it or restart it. However if you pause run counter, open char in gomule/atma, then resume run counter, it will start from 0:00 current run and that first run will be registered normally. Don't worry though, total time is registered normally on run counter regardless of conditions.

Example: you start run counter and do 2 runs where both are 60 seconds long. Run counter will show you did 1 run with 60 seconds average time and 120 seconds total time. He registered first run only in total time invested, and didn't count it in average time nor in runs done. That's why players who wish to know exact number of runs they did, they simply s/e first run immediately and continue running normally after that.

Example: you s/e first run which took like 10 seconds total, and then do second run which was 60 seconds long. Run counter will show you did 1 run with 60 seconds average time, but 70 seconds total playing time because run counter registered you did s/e first run which took 10 seconds, but didn't register that run ever happened in number of runs done nor in average time per run.

That's why we usually use average time * runs done as a measure of invested time rather than using info of total time played from run counter. So, since I will do this s/e thing this RFO because I want to know exact number of runs I did, that means my total playing time in the end will be over 21 hours on run counter, while real playing time will normally be 20 hours as per rules. I will lose that 1 hour on s/e procedure while not doing any runs in the process. And in general that's the reason why when you divide total time displayed on run counter with runs done, you will NEVER get correct average run time nor will you get average time displayed on run counter.

So, there are two correct methods of keeping track of total time:
One method is to start run counter and simply run. Total time will be displayed correctly, but average time and runs done will be incorrect, but irrelevant for this RFO.
Second method is to s/e first run anytime when you restart or pause-continue your run counter. That way you will have correct info about runs done and average running time, but total time will be wrong since it included all those seconds when you s/e first run (didn't run), so total time should be calculated with avg. time * runs done.
As for RFO with MFO comparison, there is no comparison really. RFO will never be MFO and that's the fact. Or it will be small brother of MFO or whatever some want to call it. There is simply no reason to be hyped about (runes? lol).

Also, as per unlimited time, I'm not convinced it will be a good idea for RFO. Simply RFO and MFO are very different in a way we farm really rare items in MFO, while there are no real rare items on RFO. Runes are easier to farm and to get than some great scorers on MFO. Someone who invests 80 hours into MFO is not guaranteed to be a winner. Not even 100 hours can guarantee that. On RFO, on the other hand, if someone would invest like 20 hours more than anyone else, he is practically guaranteed to be a winner. Even if we implement unlimited running system with top 5 runes to score similar to MFO, it will still heavily favor player who invested slightly more time into RFO (with bigger margin than on MFO).
On the other hand, having 1.07 Travincal doesn't really balance things either. Single drop in 1.07 can guarantee you a victory, unless there are more 1.07 players in competition.

20 hour limitation has certain purposes/advantages: one is to give inspirative goal to the players, especially ones who are not godly dedicated runners. 20 hours is doable goal for anyone to manage in 2 weeks playing time and players are more likely to run 20 hours to fulfill that goal than to run 20 hours in unlimited conditions. Another thing is it actually gives fighting chance to basically anyone. Inspiration could come in a form of realizing that your 20 hours of invested time will be compared to 20 hours of other players invested time instead of being compared to say 60 hours of mad dog Grip or someone else. Like I said, RFO is not MFO, and here say 40 hour dedicated player practically has no chance of winning against 60 hours of other player, unless limit of top 5 runes to score instead of all.

It seems to me this system is more friendly toward all players and turns RFO into less serious competition than MFO is for sure. After all, we are here to have farming fun (who wants to really go insane no-life diabloing for runes?).
To be clear, I don't think a rune finding event should have unlimited time, and agree with your thoughts on the matter. The two shouldn't be compared at all, like you say, which is why (at least in principle) calling it an Olympics might not be the best choice. Again though, it doesn't actually matter. Rune Find.. Event, or RF..E for short, doesn't have the same ring to it after all.
I prefer this format. I don't have 1000 hours to game anymore. It will be a stretch to find 20 hours. So events like this are encouraging and motivating to me. Plus everyone needs more runes!
I'm still on the fence about this. New PoE 1 month leagues are during that time, and the Witcher 3 releases May 19th. That said, I've been getting the itch for SC again recently, and this would be a good way to do it. Cmon RJoFs and JMoDs! Runes are whatevs
-------------
Gripphon
Kitteh
Gino
srrw
zticazzy
bodry
TreeOfSmoke
thefranklin
Goobergrape
Zylo
Pharphis
RickH
--------------

1.13 Zealot p7
Test runs 2 Um 1 Mal avg 70 sec runtime... :(

GTX 970 arriving today with Witcher 3 voucher too, but I can spare 20 hours. (20 hrs straight that is..) :D
Gear/stats? That feels slow for a zealot. My average runtime is around 50 seconds on p7.
Slow mostly because of PI Ismail..
Gear is usual setup:

Guillaime's (chammed)
Forti
Grief
Dwarfstar
Dual leach /AR ring
Gores
HoZ
SoE
LoH
Highlords

Switch CTA

Moron Forti/Andy's with fire res jewel/Reapers

Fastest time (when Ismail is playing nice..) is 52 secs.. (I take my time looking for small charms and jewels :rolleyes:)

Your runtimes are affected mostly because of Grief's low damage output compared to a decent two hander. You don't need maxblock and resists if you have enough leech and high enough danage output. Death Colossus Sword beats Grief in this particular run. If you have one, definitely take it for a ride. ;)

Also no Cannot be frozen on your char. :(
CBF on Chammed Guillaume's :p
Unfortunately no decent 2-H (can make a BotD, though)
Have to try 'Death' out..

Edit: Can't spell Guillifis, Guillimm, Guillaume..
I'm blind, lol.
If you are not into experience much, you can try p3 instead of p7/8. p7/8 has only 11.11% better drop chances, so in general if you hit sub 46.8 sec running time on p3, you are more efficient than with 52 sec on p7/8.

EDIT: I've seen thats the fastest run. OK, so if 70 sec is p7/8, p3 needs to be faster than 63 sec to be more efficient.
Someone mentioned bowazon in Travincal? I have made and tested one right now.

Probably not made in a best way anyway, but running times are in range of 35-38 sec on p3, or ~40-42 if I include shopping of arrows + cubing pgems in stash.

Gear:
Kira's Guardian with 15 ias 29 ED jewel
Enigma
Highlord's
Faith Matriarchal bow
Arachnid Mesh
knockback 20 ias gloves
dual fcr rings with lifeleech, manaleech, mods
War Traveler

switch: CtA + 35 fcr spirit
Moron: Reaper's, GA, Kira's

Idea of running: roll map where all minions are clustered on balcony for a great running experience. That way you tele there, merc curses, you multishot, then strafe/GA to finish remaining guys. I summoned Valk before BO, but for myself I wouldn't take any of d/a/e nor Valk, they only distract.
Gear offers maxed cold and lite res which is nice, coupled with few max/res charms in inventory. 4x4 empty space to pick up stuff. Inventory consists of: 35, 33, 26 maxers, 20 max 30 CR, 14 max 35 LR and 13 max 33 LR + some 10, 9, 7, 6 maxers small charms

Bowa has 2100 life after BO which is super tanky. Neither mine nor my mercs HP didn't drop below 90% in 50 runs I did. I did borrow map from sorc cause who has time to roll great maps for such tests.

In the end, it is possible to make better bowa with some tele charged fcr circlet, less focus on resistances and using Fortitude instead. I teled to act 4 at the end of run with Enigma. Don't know would Forti be faster, must test it. But would say it definitely is not better cause of lack of MF from Enigma (Travi is great farming place for useful gear, especially rare rings, jewels, facets and such so MF has considerable impact after all).
I will try p3 to check out the efficiency.. unfortunately I like the exp from p7/8 ..halfway to 95.
I think what slows me down most is looking for jewels and charms (small ones).. and uniques.. have to check out every unique.. (and most set-items..)

Give the old man a break :D
Made a quick sample video. Death to Grief!

I'll record and post a few Grief runs soon (watching F1 atm)
Is it necessary to kill everybody in trav? I usually skip pi Ismail and/or Toorc becuse he spawns inside the temple.
Not necessary. But you can spawn a Travincal map, where everyone is at the same place. Inside or outside. ;)
Is this your way to say i should stop running Baal? Cause that's not happening! :p (If there's little interest i would be open to run different target during MFO. Heck i may even do so even if there is interest in Baal.)

And yet you're still faster than Rick. ;) Nice vid btw. Didn't think he'd do that well on p7.

Guess i might as well sign up. Found my trav runner. He's armorless so he'll need to borrow some of one of my other chars. Other then that he's in decent shape. I may need a few practise runs however.

-------------
Gripphon
Kitteh
Gino
srrw
zticazzy
bodry
TreeOfSmoke
thefranklin
Goobergrape
Zylo
Pharphis
RickH
Cyrax
--------------
Here is my a bit different take on Travincal zeal paladin. I borrowed map from my blizzardsorc cause lol rolling maps for this purpose. Imagine my Guillaumes has Ist rune instead of random jewel and you have pala I'd make for RFO with 170+ MF goal, fast killing speed etc. Nice map means a lot, yes. Also, let's just pretend second run on video didn't happen.

Hax gear, and that drop. Can we close the olympics now? :p
Nice. Oh, I noticed on the second run that you had forgotten to turn off your hax, so keep that in mind for next time.
Sorry for the delay, F1 and some other distractions..
My horrible zealot p7 Trav runs: (love the relaxing atmosphere, though..)

PS: GTX 970 just arrived.. Won't need it for D2, but it will impress the ladies!
Okay, here are my friendly suggestions. First of all, nice character. Second of all the biggest problem with your runs, that the Council is spread out. Roll a map (get back to nightmare, than go to hell mode again) where every one of them spawns inside their Temple. Charge in to Durance lvl1, than quickly get back using the Stairs. You can shave off most of your time problems like that.
One other thing that I have noticed, you are slow to get through the junk. Only look for certain words on the screen. Hundred runs later you will get faster. ;)

In short: roll a better map and practice, you will be awesome when the time comes to kick our asses. :)
Sorry, mate.. my Meph map is too good to re-roll Trav :oops:
I'll take it as it is and may I finish last.. at least RNG pls gimme Tal's amulet..
I am slow going through junk because I like junk!
I love blue.. things!
Now, leave the *since yesterday* 51 year old alone.. as you all did with Kenny!

*Looking through printouts how to install new gfx card*
Happy birthday! May the odds favour you.
I'm going with a bonemancer, purely because I want to play something I don't play very often. I suspect my runs will be mediocre, but meh!
I think I'm in. 2H fanazealot go!

Anyone wanna try poisonmancer? He is similarly fast as fanazealot, but requires decent map with all monsters on balcony etc. to be comfortable to run with. Also I wonder how good frostmaiden is, she should be pretty decent runner too I guess. Mght try her later.

My plan is to farm pgems and hopefully find some good charms and rings along the way. Also to get level 95 on blizzardsorc. I'll probably do the whole thing with blizzsorc, unless it gets boring then I'll switch to ww barb a bit.
To all the statistical minded, especially Gripphon. You pointed that anything under 48 seconds on p3 is more efficient than anything on p7 under maybe 52 seconds. Here is a question for you guys then.
Which is more effective? Fanatic zealot on p3 doing average 36 seconds runs vs ww barb doing 45 seconds on p3 with 55% to hork. The barb has a semi-decent map, but I can't seem to get a better one.
I might try poisonmancer.
@ bodry
Including my tests that with 1 sec cold duration Reaper's you do shatter 1 corpse in 4 runs with barb, and the fact hork is always p7/8, random non-barb character must be 1.5972 times faster than a barb to be as efficient as 55% item find barb.

That said, your 45 sec barb is as efficient as any other non-item find char doing 28.174 seconds avg on p3.
Ok, so I should roll a better map with my barb and start practicing than...
My fastest run so far with the poisonmancer on P3 is 57 seconds xD
You need great map for him, best is where minions are all together on balcony out there. I think I used merc with Infinity, but Insight is great anyway since Infinity doesn't give you that much. Random corpse explosion here and there etc.
I wait for one to die and then CE rips everything :D

Still slow though, down to 47 seconds as my fastest, but far from average.
-------------
Gripphon
Kitteh
Gino
srrw
zticazzy
bodry
TreeOfSmoke
thefranklin
Goobergrape
Zylo
Pharphis
RickH
Cyrax
Thyiad

Give me something to do at work. :p
I'm pretty sure that counts as dangerous driving actually :p
-------------
Gripphon
Kitteh
Gino
srrw
zticazzy
bodry
TreeOfSmoke
thefranklin
Goobergrape
Zylo
Pharphis
RickH
Cyrax
Thyiad
maxicek

I keep getting deleted.
Thyiad has had her account hacked. She doesn't visit SPF these days.
Unobservant maxicek. :p
Oh yeah and I'm going to declare an injury to my wrist in advance to explain my crappy score.

Thought I'd get that in first. :p
Tears were shed. RIP Cham.
So I've been comparing some builds for Travincal today, and in general. Today tested frostmaiden and hammerdin along with bowazon and zealot. List is going like this where number is for comparison. 1 = basic, and 1.x means build is ~x% less efficient:

1. WW barb 1
2. Blizzard sorc 1
3. Hammerdin 1.27
4. Poisonnec 1.41
5. Zealot 1.45
6. Frostmaiden 1.68
7. Bowazon 2.27

First two are pretty much tied, reason why WW barb wins is cause it is in general easier to play for most players.
Hammerdin is ~30% less efficient than blizzard sorc, and Zealot is ~15% behind hammerdin etc etc. I think 2H zealot could beat poisonnec, and in general nec is harder to play so it is questionable how it is on longer run between the two. Comparison is similar to blizzard sorc vs WW barb.
Here is poison necro running Travincal at p3. As you can see, having map where minions are all together so you can blast them all with starting nova is pretty important. You don't really need godly map like this, I rolled few maps for nec and rolled one where all minions were together at the entrance to upper level, and running times were similar. Just make sure they are together and that you can blast them all at once with pnova and corpse explosion most of the time.
Also having deep negative resists is not a good idea. Nec was built only for purpose of video, not to be comfortable runner. Since fire is irrelevant due to absorb amulet, I recommend rising cold and lite resist a bit. Best option are some rare boots with tons of resists to those two, and MF is nice bonus too as well as mana. Also resists in inventory to back it up instead of life/mana I used etc etc. I'd say lightning resist could be more important since you can move outside of range of cold explosions yourself, but it depends on how you run, how much attention do you pay on conditions and such factors.

For players with no beta cta, you could use Kira's instead of Shako, or some helm with tons of resists. If you rise your resists near maximum, it will be more than comfortable runner for anyone, only question is how much damage and MF you wish to sacrifice.

Skills: maxed poison stuff, aimed for -65% lower resist, aimed for 12 yards corpse explosion, 400 damage absorb with bone armor (pump bone wall, no bone armor!), and rest I've put into golems more HP (few points really).
As for merc, I think it is better to use Vampire Gaze + Ral + Guardian Angel + Ral than CoH + Kira's cause he does suffer considerable damage from hydras which can hurt. Unless you pump your own resists up, you probably won't be able to stand in same spot too long absorbing hydra damage cause invisible lightning bolts will destroy you. That's why I moved on video to avoid taking damage. Dat blizzard still made 4 hard hits on me that one run.

Hi all,

Well, my untwinked Blizzard sorc is currently sitting at lvl 23. Should be able to get her to Trav by the start of this, so I plan to sign up if I do. Will probably have more deaths than qualifiers, but I love running around blasting underpowered Blizzards.
Gogogo. You can always run at p1 if p3 is too hard. Just make sure to spend at least some time rolling maps (30 min? 1 hour?) to have minions together since it makes a big difference for blizzard sorc compared to when they are a bit scattered around.
Tightening up my WW barb for this. Just got 1.07 LoH, looking to rack a 1.07 Mavina's belt next since no Enigma = I spend most of my run watching my barb speed walk. Even considering swapping the dual HotO switch for a Harmony bow or telestick just to move faster. Killing takes no time at all, but the two mile hike really eats up the clock.

I wasn't being serious about the bowzon idea, but thanks for coming up with some numbers!

Sadly I found another cham last night, so I have 2 chams (and 2 jahs) and no bers; no enigma. Sad panda, might need to start a trading thread before this shindig starts.
Thy, can you ban this guy please?
Here here! :p

It is like that guy who used no extended stash and used to vendor DF and DW etc...
@thefranklin

I have 2 Sur for ya if you care. They are yours for 400 pgems!
Perfect, off to find 400 gem shrines!
Count me in. 1.13 sc. Let's do this.
I'll probably run with my gold find Blizz Sorc.

@Clervis, I added you too..

-------------
Gripphon
Kitteh
Gino
srrw
zticazzy
bodry
TreeOfSmoke
thefranklin
Goobergrape
Zylo
Pharphis
RickH
Cyrax
Thyiad
maxicek
Clervis
Grape
Are you gonna try to buy HR's from the councils? :D
With my negotiations skilzz should be easy.... :p

On a more serious note, Gheed has a certain item in his infinite-spaced magical wagons that I need ! (3/20 poison&bone circ..), gambling one of those takes loads of gold :eek:
That was quick, already in A3 Hell. Plenty of time to level her a bit before this starts.

Before I bother spending that time rolling a map, thoughts on which merc to use for a Bliz sorc? Options seem to be HF (but should be overkill if I can aim my Blizzards), Might (standard), Prayer (sustain I guess?).
Prayer if you use Insight, Defiance helps his survivability slightly, Might if you want him to finish off Toorc if you're not using Infinity. HF is an overkill considering most of them will be frozen by Spikes.
I have never used anything else than Might, so don't know how well does Prayer work. I guess if you want better sustain, then Prayer might be an option (I'm talking blindly here), otherwise stick to Might so your merc can help you kill stuff (top aura merc to have since I don't know how effective Prayer is).
Prayer works very well on an Insight merc if the character has less than 2k life. Anything past that it's not really noticeable enough to be worth it. I used a Prayer/Insight merc on my Hammerdin a long time because I didn't want to lose my maps and it wasn't really helpful at 3.6k life. However the regen is very welcome on most of my sorcs.

But then again I play HC and prefer the bit of added safety of always having your red bulb topped, since none of my characters have reds in their belt. I only use Might mercs on characters that actually benefit from the aura as well (Strafers, Zealots, Summoners etc.).
For blizzard sorc 2 things matter when we talk about safety: one is minion spawn locations, and other is resists on sorc. Minions should all be tightly together if possible so you can tele next to them, but out of their attack range and kill them with blizzard. As for resists, there are few possible ways to achieve maxed resists (not poison, its irrelevant), and I believe both CoH and Umed/jeweled Vipermagi do the trick. On top of that, one could use absorb amulet or helmouth gloves to heal from hydras. That kind of sorc would be unkillable unless you tele into the pack with mistake. Otherwise you probably wont lose a single life in whole run, or even 100 runs.

Even without rare bird Fathom, sorc with say: faceted Nightwing's Veil, faceted Vipermagi, hoto, spirit, mara's kaleidoscope, snowclash belt, dual soj, helmouth gloves, resist boots + whatever inventory with skillers and resist/life charms should work wonders in safety of running + she would actually have decent damage.

Assuming average rolls of everything (30+ allres Vipermagi plz), she would have 155 cold and lite ress, 120 fire ress + there are res from the boots I didnt count + from inventory you could use, so easy to max for anyone I believe. Fire is not important since Hellmouth gloves will heal you with 120 fire res anyway.
Damage of such sorc with say 5 skillers in inventory and average rolls of facets and Nightwing's would be ~ 8600 dmg according to skill calculator, or 8900 if you use 6 skillers (and I have ~9700 on mine since I don't use battle command and only 4 skillers, but difference is rather small). So Fathom is not really needed after all. That kind of sorc + Infinity on merc would eat Travincal alive + would be super safe, just make sure to roll map where you can safely tele next to minions and blizzard them.

So 105 fcr, nice mana, great damage, cold absorb + 90 cold resist if not conviction, fire absorb that will heal you, maxed lite ress. Only downside is you don't have MF (you could use Gheed + War Travs and make up resists with small charms), but if you don't care about that...
8 days left till start of RFO. Hype hype.
I just finished a 20 hours pre-RFO session to see how my char goes. These are my results:

Runs: ~1850
Time: 37,6 secs per run
Runes: Um, Ist, Gul, Vex, 3x Ohm, 2x Lo, Sur, Jah
Total score: 122,8

Yes, I would've won the previous RFO :D which is funny considering the lowish amount of runs I've made. It would be nice to have that luck during the real RFO, but I doubt it will happen. I feel really happy about this anyway, the barb is a killing machine and the merc is now equipped with a +87 fire res/+15 ias helm, he's pretty tough to kill now. Also I'm growing more and more efficient every time, and I've learned to manipulate spawn location so that the council is always clustered outside the temple. But I'll take a break from running trav now, I think I deserve it. :)
Did you by any chance collect pgems? Gieb data if you did.
As for manipulating spawn location, I've seen only 1 simple rule here.

1597765876351.png

Red line is "magical" line that determines spawn locations of travincal d00dz. Its not precisely placed, but its there somewhere at that corner of that mini-swamp-lake. If you tele north of it aka path 1, spawn locations might be different than if you take teleporting path 2. I tested this on 3 maps and it was always like that, but might not be strict rule. On my map I make sure to tele south of that magical line, so I never get weird spawn locations on map. Some players take always north path etc.

There might be more magical lines like that, but I never noticed where they are. Generally since you want to get as fast as possible to travincal dudes, I think this magical line from screenshot is the only relevant. If someone takes longer path first going south then north, or east then south, he might be victim of more magical lines with weird spawn locations, but why to teleport with longer path anyway...

Also hopefully you didn't burn yourself out, keep energy for RFO! I basically don't play diablo these days apart of pvp stuff, so I can aim at hitting at least 40 hours during RFO aka having 2 batches of running.
You have a magical line to help you? No fair!

At least ectasy or whatever it's spelled is using up his runeluck.
Yeah the magical red line does indeed exist, and I was able to keep a constant external spawn by moving slightly below it when teleporting the first and second time, then after that it doesn't really matter where you go, the council is waiting for you always in the same spot. When I was taking the other path they were spawning inside the building instead, in front of the stairs. At first I didn't realize my movements were influencing the spawn, but then in a particular run I remember making a weird path (crossing the line at the beginning maybe?) and finding a 3rd pattern where they were half in and half out the temple, never seen it before.

Sadly I didn't collect pgems, so no data... and no, I'm not tired of doing Trav, I mean just look at the finds! I'll do some pit runs instead, need good bases for ebotd - hopefully I should be able to get the other Cham, or get really close to it, in a single batch.
Well I am pretty much out of the running as my poisonmancer is running 48 second runs at best xD Admittedly, with very little testing.

Magical line also exists on many racks in 1.07. I would also add that the magic line is most important when you start to tele. Within about two screens of spawn (or rack) it doesn't matter.
Def exists with racks. Doesn't with travincal spawns from my experience in 1.07
Don't know about 1.07, but in 1.13 if you tele in from the left end of the long room, the council is more likely to spawn inside. So unless you are using tele charges on your 1.07 barb, I don't think you will see it.
I used magical line to control trav spawn location in 1.07. If I wanted them to be divided in two groups (to be easier to see hork stuff falling) or not, I'd go above or below the line.
Good to know!
You remind me of younger me from like year and a half ago when I ran at least 3-4 hours of Travincal per day, and when it got boring, I switched to running pits or something else 3-4 hours a day. And look at me now, old man who barely keeps up with other enthusiastic players around. Same fate will come to you if you don't watch out!
And here I am, who haven't played in a week. I couldn't bring my notebook to the other city I take currently a Transfusiology course.

Does this magic line affect the spawn location when I'm rerolling for a better map?
It should, try it out. This means you can practically do 2 runs per map, once going north and once going south of magical line to check spawn locations of minions. I go only south since forever, so I check only that particular path when rolling maps.
Holy crap, did not know that. And I had spawns change on me while running this weekend, and at least I know why now. Shoddy teleporting!
-------------
Gripphon
Kitteh
Gino
srrw
zticazzy
bodry
TreeOfSmoke
thefranklin
Goobergrape
Zylo
Pharphis
RickH
Cyrax
Thyiad
maxicek
Clervis
Grape
LiquidClear

I guess I'll play too.
And people say the forum is dying. This a nice gathering guys. Good luck and have fun!
A few people have come back all at once I think xD I messaged Zaph to see if he would have a go, but no reply and I only know him on here.
This is the D3 SPF, right?

-------------
Gripphon
Kitteh
Gino
srrw
zticazzy
bodry
TreeOfSmoke
thefranklin
Goobergrape
Zylo
Pharphis
RickH
Cyrax
Thyiad
maxicek
Clervis
Grape
LiquidClear
scrcrw
I went through thread now. It seems people will play RFO with following chars from what I know:

Afterhorkers: 7 (1 is frenzyhorker)
Blizzardsorcs: 2
Zealots: 2
Hammerdins: 1
Poisonnec: 1 questionable

Afterhork Find Olympics!

I add Dazliare on the sign-up list since he stated he will play. There seem to be more people who are willing to play, but didn't sign up yet it seems. Anyway, RFO starts in 6 days. List is impressive, didn't expect so many players + there are few more who said they will play who didn't sign up yet.

-------------
Gripphon
Kitteh
Gino
srrw
zticazzy
bodry
TreeOfSmoke
thefranklin
Goobergrape
Zylo
Pharphis
RickH
Cyrax
Thyiad
maxicek
Clervis
Grape
LiquidClear
scrcrw
Dazliare
Since I won't be competing, I volunteered to serve as the supervisor for the RFO this time. For those unfamiliar with these kinds of competition that means you'll PM your final results (number of sets and the runes found in each set) to me at the end of the event and I'll compile them.

I look forward to seeing which one of you Davids will topple the Gripphon Goliath ... and how long it takes scrcrw to realize this isn't the Ring of Royal Grandeur Finding Olympics. And, as Gripphon pointed out, this is the first true test of whether all that Afterhorker hype represents the real deal or is just so much horking in the wind.
I don't know if I should feel ashamed or proud to be playing an afterhorker for this :/
Ahh yes, I'm pretty sure I've seen this dilemma before. Let me see if I remember the words properly...

"To hork, or not to hork, that is the question.
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The fickleness of D2's buggiest version
Or to take orbs against the council's troubles
And by opposing, end them?

To hork, perchance a Dream; Aye, there's the rub,
For from that skill of hax, what loot may come,
When we on cadavers toil
Must give pause. There's the respect
For the barb's OP-ness that brought calamity
To sorc's so long item-find reign on life."

My apologies to ... yeah, literal everyone in history on that. But switching gears from stealing from one great mind to focus on thieving from another: why not both?
I reequipped last week a barbarian to whirl and hork. I might flip a coin and try my luck to see which one to run.
I will definitely be going ahead with the poisonmancer, I can't face the idea of another 20 hours with a horker xD
Nice to see the build variation!
I'm gonna give it a try, though I'll most likely fall short of the 20 hours. But it would be nice to fill up on runes a bit since my stash is running low :)

I'm gonna run with a blizz sorc

-------------
Gripphon
Kitteh
Gino
srrw
zticazzy
bodry
TreeOfSmoke
thefranklin
Goobergrape
Zylo
Pharphis
RickH
Cyrax
Thyiad
maxicek
Clervis
Grape
LiquidClear
scrcrw
Dazliare
dave

@Gripphon
I assume it is 00:00 and 11:59 in our own time zones?
How about a GMT-related clear starting time?
Nah, same system as in MFO, you watch time in your own time zone. It is most practical since some people are from America and some from Europe.
That's great, it usually takes me 5 minutes to figure out another time zones current time :D
I guess I'll put my name here but chances of me actually finishing 20h is as high as grip not winning whole thing. Oh well...

-------------
Gripphon
Kitteh
Gino
srrw
zticazzy
bodry
TreeOfSmoke
thefranklin
Goobergrape
Zylo
Pharphis
RickH
Cyrax
Thyiad
maxicek
Clervis
Grape
LiquidClear
scrcrw
Dazliare
dave
frozzzen

+1 to blizz sorc most likely
So I need to sign up so that Fabian also signs up *sigh*

-------------
Gripphon
Kitteh
Gino
srrw
zticazzy
bodry
TreeOfSmoke
thefranklin
Goobergrape
Zylo
Pharphis
RickH
Cyrax
Thyiad
maxicek
Clervis
Grape
LiquidClear
scrcrw
Dazliare
dave
frozzzen
nulio
So many people! It looks like they're coming out of every nook and cranny.

Fun and good to see, but not good for my chances. I thought to have like a 1 in 10 chance to win, but it seems like it's cut at least in half (and counting).
If you think you are in trouble now, wait till Fabian joins. Then we all are in big trouble, that guy is insane rune finder, especially with his afterhorker. Not even Nulio-luck can compete with him.

So there is 95% chance for Froz to finish all 20 hours. It is so good to hear such optimism!
Wow, there are a lot of people signed up. I'm excited to see the charms and rares that come from this. Last year the winner did a rune haul pic, it would be nice if Grip... Er I mean the winner, repeated that this year.
GVK5Cn6tnqnUk.gif
All that talk about Grip winning actually motivates me to do efficient runs. But then again this means not picking up gold and skipping past most rares/magics I would normally pickup which is very unlikely to happen.
People trolling me all over the place, agreed. Last RFO it was also popular to claim how Grip will win easily blablabla. Not only I didn't win, but one my 20 hour attempt didn't make it in top 10. Or did it? Anything is possible, at least if you do full 20 hours, and that is the right attitude for RFO and MFO alike. Especially now with so many people competing, it's much more exciting and unpredictable. It seems to me people have forgotten who Scrcrw and Frozzzen are, they have as godly chars as I do. Will say same for Fabian if he decides to play that is. My bet is going toward Pharphis who will find 1.07 Ber this RFO. Gogogogogo.
I wouldn't mind a 1.07 ber.... or care for it. Zod, ohm/vex/gul or go home. I'm sick of Lo runes
Is there a prize for slowest run time? :p

The forum is breathing people! Breathing!
I am NOT, i repeat NOT, gonna rename myself to Gripphon! :p

You're partially correct. That may be the right attitude for RFO, but you need to do more for MFO!

I'm not even being considered to have any chance. Which is excellent because i'll just come out of the dark and take victory without anybody noticing until it's too late. (i haz nice char too ;))
edited to remove stupid
One hour down??? What timezone are you in? For most of us it's still a few days before we can start.
Personally I'd like to see someone from 1.07 with a Jo drop to completely pwn the whole RFO :D
Oh. Saw people asking about time zones all over the place and was used to Friday MFO starts... so yeah. Basically moron.
Its ok, I tried to lock my house with my car key this morning.

Plot twist: It works because Kitteh lives in his car. :)
Since we're only a few days out from the start now, I figured I'd make another post reminding everybody that I'll be serving as supervisor this RFO. At the end of the event please send me a PM telling how many sets of 20 hours you did and what runes were found, separated by set and with a final tally for each set. By way of an example, here's my reporting from the last RFO (set1, set2, etc. is also a fine template, I just mentioned the character used for bookkeeping on my end):
Code:
Sorc Set: Gul, Ist, Ist, Mal, Mal, Mal, Ohm, Sur, Sur, Um, Um, Vex, Vex
Barb Set: Ber, Ber, Cham, Gul, Ist, Ist, Mal, Mal, Um, Vex

Sorc Total: 106
Barb Total: 116.3

If you need to send your results earlier, that is fine, but please be advised that I will assume you have stopped running unless you inform me otherwise, just in case you get more free time than you expected and try to squeeze in another set. And if you're running 1.07, please include that in the PM.

Lastly, I just want to say that because of the high stakes of this event (the chance to defeat the true champion of target running, Gripphon) I will also be accepting haikus written by entrants who wish to celebrate their victory over the mighty one in truly epic fashion. You don't have to submit one if you don't want to, and if you send one and your score is lower than his I promise you I will chuckle, but by Boba Fett I promise if you defeat Grip in both sword (stop trying to ruin my alliteration, silly axe and orb users) and song, I'll make sure the masses know about it. And, hey, it gives a good excuse to procrastinate on those practice runs you were planning on not doing anyway!

To be fair, it'd only take a measly Sur to beat the lousy showing the chump who won last year had. But then even Lo+Um would've beaten that scrub, so he's hardly worth mentioning. This year's winner, though, that's going to be one impressive runner worth heaping a ton of praise onto. Unless it's Grip, of course.

Pay attention to this, folks, as winning the RFO means literally one or more people will remember you as a person who did a thing. Don't miss your opportunity to be remembered, sign up now!
Well ofc, but a Jo is major style points. "Hey that's just a screenshot of a Io, how did he win?" :p
Awesome to see so many joining this!

Must resist the urge to switch out gold finding equipment for full killing speed.... Blizzer has a good enough map and good enough equipment to have a quite an impressive expected efficiency over time. It's just that the player seems to lack some serious skills. :p

But as said, it is "just" 20 hours sets so someone less, ehm special, player can win this too. So, good luck everyone, that's what you will need to win this!

And agreed, would be so cool to see a "Jo" drop.
Fair enough, it seems the masses have spoken and demand a Jo rune. Please don't disappoint them, phar! ;p

Editing in the table for ease of signup for any last minute folks:

-------------
Gripphon
Kitteh
Gino
srrw
zticazzy
bodry
TreeOfSmoke
thefranklin
Goobergrape
Zylo
Pharphis
RickH
Cyrax
Thyiad
maxicek
Clervis
Grape
LiquidClear
scrcrw
Dazliare
dave
frozzzen
nulio
One rune find event
Gripphon was to be beaten
Cyrax took it all

Too soon? The haul pic will have to wait until after the RFO. ;)
Such optimist.

I mean I can kinda understand you since you don't know what is happening behind the scenes but... spoiler alert
Grip plays 1.00 classic and posts his runefinds under 1.13d label to give others some chance.

So even if you win...kinda hollow victory. maareek knows best, ask him.
I know this might be a silly question, but if I find another Sur I'm making an Enigma. Does this mean that Sur won't count toward my score?
It will count, just won't be on your haul pic (if you even decide to make one).
Haul pics are the highlight, so beautiful...
"chance"
1.00 classic
runes
I also seem to remember some questionable music choices coming from you. I'm not saying I'm stealing that idea from you, but I do have a 40hour block of kpop ready to go. RFO - whatever it takes....
40 hours block of kpop... 40 hours RFO...
What are people smokin in here?!
Cool, thanks.
Sorry at overlooking question, but Srrw answered it.
View attachment 1713
Yeah, you didn't actually say that... but this didn't work without a 'you'.
Since I heard from a source that kpop is the music Beethoven listens to in the afterlife - after all, I'm sure we can all agree the Ninth would have been even better if he had been able to finish it, as he intended, by transitioning from the Ode to Joy into Sorry, Sorry - I can confirm I made the questionable choice of only listening to kpop for ~32 of the 40 hours I ran last time. Certainly this proves conclusively that your plan of listening to kpop for the entire duration will ensure a better result than I had last time.

Unfortunately you've now let everyone else in on the secret, so just 40 hours of kpop is no longer reliable. That's not a big issue, though, since the solution to this, and all things in life, is simply moar kpop. Show your devotion to the RFO by listening to kpop now through the end (or even beyond, one can never be too careful) and I guarantee you'll finish in first. Or one of the other available places.

Yes I also find it strange froz left out the part about Grip playing using his feet on a touchpad while pushing his computer uphill through the snow for this event, just to try to make things more fair. I can't argue with the results, though, given that with all these handicaps Grip's efficiency is down to a mere 15% better than the maximum expected value for a human being. If only we could talk him into that blindfold things might almost be balanced.

Not at all, and I look forward to revisiting this post after the event and celebrating your triumph. Or the other thing. Of course anybody wanting to do a haiku but not wanting to have public egg on their face when the inevitable, well, fails to be evitable can just PM them to me. But then you miss out on the high risk, high reward trash talk value.
That's my secret. I'm picturing victory. By doing that chances of it happening will increase. Probably from 0 to ~1%. So that's an infinite number of times better.

I like eggs. Scrambled with ham please. An omelet will do to as long as there's ham in it. :)

Ok, i went a bit Yoda on this one:

Forum D 2 god
Champ there can be only one
Cyrax his name is

:D (i better not lose now)

For the barb users out there, what do you have socketed in your helm? I have a plain ruby jewel, but was going to spice it up with something a bit better. I was thinking a Ruby with +strength would be good, but realized I didn't have one, so that was off the table. I have a RJoF or these rare jewels:
Code:
Ghoul Heart
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x33176443
Item Level: 80
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+30% Damage to Demons
+27 to Attack Rating against Demons
Adds 3 - 9 Fire Damage
Adds 1 - 93 Lightning Damage
+6 to Strength

Dun Jewel of Carnage
Jewel
Required Level: 18
Fingerprint: 0x3de9277a
Item Level: 85
Unidentified
+14 to Maximum Damage
12% Damage Taken Goes To Mana

Any other suggestions?
Arreat's Face
Slayer Guard
Defense: 151
Durability: 47 of 55
(Barbarian Only)
Required Strength: 118
Required Level: 42
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x4c9953a1
+30 to Life
+25% Enhanced Defense
24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to Barbarian Skill Levels
15% Target Defense
+1 to Combat Skills (Barbarian Only)
+49 to Maximum Damage (0.5 per Character Level)
Socketed (1: 1 used)

:cool:
@Zylo I use a cheap Ruby Jewel. It doesn't really make a noticeable difference. Cham would be nice but expensive.

@pharphis does that 15% Target Defense work when forwarded to 1.13? Or does it turn into -15% Target Defense?
I'll give you all my 1.07 HC loots for that.

Edit: It turns into -15% target defense. I thought about Cham, but didn't think that would be wise for trav running. I don't think the IAS is needed either, except maybe for when you have to use berserk and you're chilled? Dunno. Guess I could IAS it and use it on frenzy or something later... hrmm.
Dunno. The +49 max dmg is still nice, though.
I just use a ptopaz, but a Diamond jewel is probably best, with Diamond of Carnage being especially gg. Was going to just say I'm not feeling any math right now and leave you hanging, but I decided to do a little playing around with the damage calculator using my barb and the better of my Griefs as a rough estimate. The usual rules apply: 1. I may well be an idiot and unable to read and/or type. 2. The proportions of damage from our gear (for instance, I use war travs, so someone using gore's would have different numbers) could possibly be different enough to make a significant difference in how much change specific bonuses give - in other words this is a comparison and reference point, not an absolute statement. 3. I'm not liable for anyone following what I say if Grip comes in later and says I'm a doofus.

Based off a non-superior Grief phase blade with +397 damage; 15min, 84max damage from gear + charms; 302 strength; level 89 might merc with 0 +skills; and 682% ED to demons (I could be wrong, but afaik %ED to undead/demons always works as off-weapon ED so I've added the other Grief's demon %ED.) These numbers are damage vs demons, taken before Deadly or Critical Strike, include no elemental damage and include no skill or mastery %ed, cause forgot until 2 seconds after posting.

Code:
Base:                    5732-6677 (6204)
14max jewel:             5732-6858 (6295)
30% ed to demons, 6 str: 5891-6862 (6376)
36% ed to demons:        5891-6862 (6376)
40% ed to demons:        5909-6883 (6396)
30% ed to demons, 14max: 5865-7017 (6441)
40% ed to demons, 12max: 5909-7043 (6476)

Edit: and just because it bothered me, the numbers again, this time counting in a total of 306%ED from masteries and whirlwind.

Code:
Base:                    7088-8256 (7672)
14max jewel:             7088-8480 (7784)
30% ed to demons, 6str:  7247-8441 (7844)
36% ed to demons:        7247-8441 (7844)
40% ed to demons:        7265-8462 (7863)
30% ed to demons, 14max: 7220-8639 (7929)
40% ed to demons, 12max: 7265-8659 (7962)

I'll admit that at a certain point I just started having fun putting in numbers.

As per using a Ruby Jewel, I don't know about everybody else but I don't overstack res on my trav runner (he's at something like 75/30/80 total res) and he seems to do alright.
Ahh, thank you maareek. Think I'll go the RJoF(ED) route, off chance I need ias later on. I can always use raven frosts if I'm desperate for CBF. My resists are mediocre, but that hasn't ever seemed to be a problem.
You don't need resists if you wear dwarf star+string of ears, that's the conclusion of my testing yesterday. Previously I lost 1000-2000 life from fire enchanted bosses. Now around 500. ;)
Zylo's question comes at the right time, as I was going to ask the same thing. I have a plain arreats and I don't know whether to put a 40%ED jewel or a +30 MAX DMG one. Calculations say that 40%ED is still better with any decent damage weapon (beast, rune master, ebotd...), but I'm not sure. That +30 max dmg jewel is so cool and I wanted to use it so bad :(
Just put something like this in your Arreat's people:
Code:
Blood Talisman
Jewel
Required Level: 37
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0xf58010c8
+5 to Strength
+27% Enhanced Damage
6% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
38% Damage to Demons
+41 to Attack Rating against Demons

Easy enough, right?
I will share few interesting ideas what you could do with travbarbs and you decide what do you like or don't.

My personal top priority is to get 105 fcr breakpoint with switch. That can be done on a several ways naturally. Simple and powerful solution is hoto+hoto+arachnid mesh+ fcr ring, that way you also have 56% item find instead of 55%, but 55% is fine.
Second biggest priority is to get 170-186 MF because that is the range where rare rings have highest drop chance. 170-175 is range for rare jewels, so I aimed for 176-186 to have slightly better chance for facets. Also having that MF naturally means you farm facets nicely, and Trav is second best place in the game to farm facets. Having that MF has much higher impact on efficiency of running than squeezing 5 or 10% more damage out of the build, but that's me. Not to mention you can also farm Mara's, Sojs or whatever.

Now my third biggest priority is this: survivability. Put enough points to vitality to have desired number of life. I find that having like 2500 is enough to keep you alive for at least 20k runs if you watch what you are doing. And try not to totally ignore resists, have at least some amount. I personally maxed cold and kept lightning in 50 region. Fire is whatever if you use 1.07 LoH, and with 1.13 LoH you can max it easily.

My next priority in combination to previous one is maxed cold resistance + having half freeze duration on ring slot. That way cold nova explosion from bosses last only 5.5 seconds on you, and their chilling attack lasts like 3 or less. That means you will profit by being chilled to whirl slowly through minions, and at the same time when there is physical immune boss left, chances are you will get chilled cause boss before made cold nova explosion. You can hork 2-3 corpses and then you always kill that phy immune with zerk and you are NOT chilled, so no slow slashing. With HFD mod you effectively achieve to have both chill effect to whirl slowly and cbf effect to zerk in full speed. If you get what I mean by that now. Problem is, finding such rings to cover resists and MF and leech at the same time + fcr + ar is not exactly easy thing to do.

My rings are this so you can see possibilities:
Code:
Plague Master
Ring
Required Level: 48
Item Level: 96
Fingerprint: 0x70992165
Fire Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +9%
Cold Resist +9%
Poison Resist +9%
4% Life stolen per hit
5% Mana stolen per hit
8% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
10% Faster Cast Rate

Viper Band
Ring
Required Level: 44
Item Level: 92
Fingerprint: 0x5f3b1f93
+3 to Strength
+11 to Life
+46 to Mana
+114 to Attack Rating
Cold Resist +26%
3% Life stolen per hit
Half Freeze Duration

My next priority is to have fastest zerking. Now notice there is one cheap trick here. HLW has 20 ias and LoH gloves have another 20, right? If you happen to use berserker axe, notice that you need 75 ias total for 10 frame zerking, instead of 11 frames you would have otherwise. This means your Grief BA needs 35+ IAS on primary slot! 34 ias gets you fastest ww breakpoint, but not the fastest zerk breakpoint. With phase blade your zerk will be 9 frames if not chilled so thats it, no cheap tricks there.

Next priority is to have enough mana to be able to hork councils, then tele back to act 4. I find that anything over 350 is great so you don't drink mana potions or any potions because of mana missing at all. Why act 4 with barb? Because according to my testings, using act 4 makes for like 2 seconds faster runs than if I run through town in act 3. It seems to me both Maareek and Frozzzen came to same conclusion after testing.

Next priority is AR. Notice that Grief has ignore target defense? That means against 8 out of 11 minions having AR is useless. I calculated that optimal AR to aim for is between 4500 and 5000, depending on your damage output. I personally have like 4650 total. In combination with rings and charms, pump dexterity to have that much AR. Pump vitality to have desired amount of HP as per survivability priority, and rest put into strength to rise your damage output.

Last priority is damage cause damage is easy to come up with, at least if you use Griefs. Use LoH gloves etcetc. Notice that War Travelers and Gore Riders offer similar damage output (to me Travelers offer more if I don't include crushing blow on Riders) + Travelers give you much wanted MF! Also you could use gheed in inventory instead of 1 maxer cause MF>damage on travbarb (according to my opinion that is), but I don't use it cause in combo of that jewel posted and rings + 50 mf travelers + few MF charms I have desired target of 176-186.

Now combine all those priorities and you have idea what my travbarb looks like.
f_sabzmoom_58d78cf.gif

So overall, depending on your needs and goals, I'd say some jewel that rises damage is best to put in Arreat because MF you can come up with in other slots. If you cannot and wanna use Rider's cause you believe they are super godly, then either Ist and Ptopaz in Arreat is by far best option (again, I value MF>damage). If you however don't care about MF at all and think Enigma is good enough for you, then go damage-damage-damage as Froz would say. What jewel is best is up to you to calculate using formulas, but I'd say high Ed% is best option.

Now choose your priorities and have fun building your barbs.
RFO starts tomorrow! Sign ups are open until 25th May 00:00 CET, then I'll officially close them.

-------------
Gripphon
Kitteh
Gino
srrw
zticazzy
bodry
TreeOfSmoke
thefranklin
Goobergrape
Zylo
Pharphis
RickH
Cyrax
Thyiad
maxicek
Grape
LiquidClear
scrcrw
Dazliare
dave
frozzzen
nulio
@Fabian are you chicken out?
You know I would do anything for you @nulio, my sweet love. Even this.

-------------
Gripphon
Kitteh
Gino
srrw
zticazzy
bodry
TreeOfSmoke
thefranklin
Goobergrape
Zylo
Pharphis
RickH
Cyrax
Thyiad
maxicek
Grape
LiquidClear
scrcrw
Dazliare
dave
frozzzen
nulio
Kimppi
count me in
-------------
Gripphon
Kitteh
Gino
srrw
zticazzy
bodry
TreeOfSmoke
thefranklin
Goobergrape
Zylo
Pharphis
RickH
Cyrax
Thyiad
maxicek
Grape
LiquidClear
scrcrw
Dazliare
dave
frozzzen
nulio
Kimppi
endlesscircuit

Never found a Kira's or Steel Shade for my merc on my untwinked Blizz sorc, but I'll be able to do at least a few runs anyway.
-------------
Gripphon
Kitteh
Gino
srrw
zticazzy
bodry
TreeOfSmoke
thefranklin
Goobergrape
Zylo
Pharphis
RickH
Cyrax
Thyiad
maxicek
Grape
LiquidClear
scrcrw
Dazliare
dave
frozzzen
nulio
Kimppi
endlesscircuit
Username is not in use
Sadly I have limited amounts of Kira's, but my stashes are full of Steel Shades collecting digital dust. Will you take one from me?
Closing sign-ups in 45 minutes, so last chance to do it.
-------------
Gripphon
Kitteh
Gino
srrw
zticazzy
bodry
TreeOfSmoke
thefranklin
Goobergrape
Zylo
Pharphis
RickH
Cyrax
Thyiad
maxicek
Grape
LiquidClear
scrcrw
Dazliare
dave
frozzzen
nulio
Kimppi
endlesscircuit
Username is not in use
Fabian

Sign-ups are closed now. Have fun on RFO everyone! List of entrants is in Fabian's post.
Let the show begin! Good luck!
Well, I've had an awesome start :p

Good luck everybody!
You should edit the list in the first post because after several days of RFO with people complain about no runes dropping, trolling and posting the non qualifiers, the list will be "lost".
RFO started, let the trolling commence!

I've had this idea about posting some winning odds for this RFO. People need to know who favorites are, right?

1/2 to win RFO:

Fabian - guy is expert in finding runes. His most famous MFO haul pic consists of more runes than what random player would found in similar time invested by running Travincal. Also I heard he had so much trouble beating his goldfind record cause every time he started, some Sur+ dropped and he had to abandon running. He even left Surs on the ground. I've said it enough, top favorite to win this RFO. Hype hype!

Nulio - seriously, luckiest guy in whole world in d2. He has similar winning chances as Fabnus because even though he might do only 10 hours, he will find epic epic drops. Question is will that be enough to win. Nulio actually losing is hard to imagine, but also Fabnus losing is even harder to imagine, wouldn't you agree? They might as well both win.

1/3 to win RFO:

Cyrax - self proclaimed winner already. He sure does have confidence, but he also has super good playing skillz and godly character, also he probably has ability to see the future. Therefore, he is among top favorites!

Pharphis - running 1.07 gives you higher chances from the start, but even by running 1.07 he is certainly not Nulio when we talk about luck. But, sooner or later someone is bond to have epic luck drop that bring victory, maybe now it is the time for it to happen! Naturally I would give Phar 1/2 to win whole thing, but realistically he has 1/3 to deed his barb before the end, so "only" 1/3 to win RFO after all.

Maxicek - Nulio sent him 10% of his luck for this RFO, I was there and witnessed that. That makes him among top favorites because 10% of Nulioluck means guy will get Vex+ once in 50 runs.

Kimppi - he is one of the legends of SPF. Perhaps newer players don't know him, but he did many many great things in the past. He is apparently very hyped about RFO and will do at least 2 sets of running. Also his famous playing skillz make him one of top candidates to win.

LiquidClear - famous for his 104 (?) hours MFO where he killed Baal. Epic player with epic dedication, also he said his character is super efficient, he didn't want to share more info to not scare players away. He might do at least 3 sets this RFO, brace yourselves!

1/4 to win RFO:

Zticazzy - he already showed that he could easily win previous RFO! Only downside to him is the fact he is using crap gear aka vanilla, that is the only thing stopping him from being the most epic player on whole SPF. He actually is best player on SPF, but people don't know that cause he is vanilla and lacks certain gear to compare to other top players.

Gripphon - it appears people consider this guy a favorite, they are even hyped about that. Some people call him efficiency guru, other call him gripgod. Honestly, that reminds me of certain global blockbusters which are much hyped about, but are also in 95% cases overrated. But, going for 2 sets certainly gives some weight on chances to win RFO I guess.

Frozzzen - known also as pvpgod or pvpmaster and is also one member of famous blizzsorc trinity of the forum along with Nagi and Corrupted. His travsorc video is famous and there he demonstrated that he is true force among players, powerhouse even. But, he consider himself old and is probably not in 100% shape anymore, but still is among top players and surely has good chances to win!

Scrcrw - this guy did like 50k travincal runs with his barb, he even made runeword grail with found runes. What to say, he has a lot of experience and is a true legend of SPF. Have you seen his travbarb videos? OP beyond belief, but after playing lolgame like d3 for months, he possibly lost 1% of his playing skillz, but his rune finding skillz are almost as legendary as those of Fabnus.

Zylo - it is known fact he is very good player, and on top of that he is apparently going for at least 2 or even 3 sets this RFO! This gives him quite nice chances to win. Also he traded with Nulio so much that he probably stole at least 1% of Nulioluck, so who knows how will that affect his running.

Kitteh - this cat is one of the dark horses of the competition. No one knows full info about him, but he apparently has most epic start to RFO in history of time.

1/5 and down to win RFO:

Bodry - he has new Beast axe and is totally pwning Travincal right now. Once he rolls good map, only the sky will be the limit for him! He could be unstoppable.

Thyiad - She is the boss around here, and she might rock that runerocks like a boss.

Gino - one of players who rarely posts and is big enigma. But hey, players like that are also most dangerous cause they might surprise everyone!

Srrw - experienced with farming runes in LK, Travincal is not much different now, is it? Also since he started pvp, his skill went way way up above the clouds and his winning chances are actually good.

TreeofSmoke - new player around here, no one knows anything about him and is biggest enigma among players, so he can be surprise factor.

thefranklin - has new shiny Enigma and is now totally rocking through Travincal. Who knows how good can he perform... He did mention bowazon, and if he can play bowazon in Travincal, I'm seriously scarred of what this guy can really do.

GooberGrape - playing afterhorker and has not one, but two Oaths. Good stuff, right? Anyone with afterhorker and especially even two Oaths can win in anything.

RickH - experienced player who optimized his zealot to breathtaking or skyscraper heights. He even posted epic video how he smashes things in Travincal.

Grape - known for his great skillz with hammerdins, he is playing d2 a lot and is in general one of better players around. Only problem is competition is tough this year, but his winning chances are certainly good.

Dazliare - 2h zealot in Travincal, should I say more? His runs are lightning fast and only question is how many hours will he put into RFO. If he puts 20, well, congratz on being on one of top 3 spots!

Dave - it is questionable how many hours will he put into RFO, but you know what? He has Homer on avatar, and everyone loves Homer! Massive support from people could make him do all 20 hours and try to win RFO.

endlesscircuit - among all the afterhorkers, he decided to play blizzardsorc. That shows bravery and true "challenge accepted" attitude, and that is the attitude winner of RFO must have.

Username is not in use - I don't get what this guys nick is since his username is not in use, but one thing is certain - he is really experienced at putting and posting screenshots on forum. So we can expect many Vex+ runes from him and therefore many screenshots after that... and naturally high score, but how high is the question.
Now it is even more epiczesez!

Also, that was a nice read haha
Grip,

Solid trolling!
grip confirmed already found zod, 2x cham
Lol, that post is awesome :)

Good luck, everyone, looking forward to seeing the results!
I found a Jo rune... but then I pressed tab and noticed I was playing 1.13d :/

Bummer
Then he had to remind himself that he is looking at his stashes...
Good thing i'm not a betting man. I was sure Fabian would wait until one minute before sign ups closed. He signed up way to early!

Almost though Grip forgot to name himself after not finding him at the top. Now i think he's just got money on himself winning and trying to up the spread to make top dollar. :D Also: what am i doing that high?

So far things really got to change and change fast. Otherwise only way i'll come out on top will be if we turn the table upside down. Oh well, 20 hrs aren't over yet, so there's still time to change the tide.
We all know that Gripphon is going to win. He's just trolling with his own denial.
Making the 1/3 section of Grip's post is the greatest achievement of my Diablo career. I'm so flattered to be within grasping distance of the almighty Nulio and Fabian... I can die happy now.
I lold at that overestimate of my skills. I don't care to win, I just want Cham. GIEB CHAM ALREADY YOU STUPID COUNCIL!

Btw I'm planning to make haul pic instead of cubing everything up as usual, but I have no more space... stupid vanilla stash.
Starting out pretty good, but I won't say anything. I need to stay the enigma grip says I am.
lol@grip! nice read
I wonder if Fabian has started his second batch yet...
Vanilla stash? Don't understand.
I'm off to a really bad start. Hurt my wrist (mouse hand) in a football match yesterday and I fear it's at least sprained. Will go see my doctor later today and then I'll see if I can use a mouse before the deadline. Sucky timing :(

Err sorry I meant vanilla-flavored stash. Sorry for bad englols.
What is confusing maxicek and all of us I might add is:
- Are you one of those purists that don't use either GoMule or ATMA?
Oh ok. I use Gomule only to mule off stuff for grail. The guy i'm running doesn't have extended stash, hence "vanilla", though i understand this word has a different meaning here. Don't know if i'll use those items i've stored, the fact is i like untwinked too much, it's more enjoyable and challenging to me.
Frenzybarb is up and running!

Runs are around 50s and finds are excellent :)
Why does work have to run late now? WHY?!! Why am i posting here instead of running? Argh. Oh wait i still need foodz. *runs around like avatar without head*
A followup to some discussion in the item find thread.

Hi nulio, I agree the rule makes sense and I removed the sceenshot.
I disagree that it is obvious that posting runes is bad, as I don't think many people will find it discouraging.
Also I hadn't thought about 1.07 high end runes deciding the competition immediatly.
Trust me, it's very bad for sanity of those that have lots of time clocked and didn't get anything. My estimate is that you just removed 2-3 players from RFO :p
I'm reserving he excuse that TreeOfSmoke demotivated me if I finish lower than him.

Also, am I allowed to stop the clock to cube gems, or do I have to mule off flawless?
Don't worry TreeOfSmoke, I've already found 2 Chams, so I'll take responsibility as the one who sent everyone running from feelings of insecurity at their inadequate finds so far. Everyone can just blame me for ruining the RFO, no worries
There's +20 players, someone is is ought to find high qualifiers anyway. It's not _that_ discouraging imo (giving up). Not that anyone still wants to see them before the end :)

Hey by the way everyone, how much is your exit lag + loading the next game taking? You can see it by taking a glance at your run counter when you entered new game, as it started counting when you exited last one. My times are in the 6-8 seconds range, and no I'm not that slow between the games... :D
Delete travrunner.map file from your save folder. It tends to help with loading times.

Other than that, LC needs to be banned for ruining rfo !
You can stop the clock when cubing gems, visiting the stash in game, repairing weapons and such. After all, if someone is crazy enough he could simply mule off stuff from char everytime he gets full (like once in 5-10 runs?), so he would naturally pause clock then, or he will simply go ingame to do cubing/repairing stuff and exit that run immediately without doing actual running at all. It is much more convenient if you do cubing and stuff in the game and you stop the clock for that. Even that takes energy, but if someone is willing to do it, why not. I pause counter every time I go cube gems with sorc for example, just to squeeze few hundred extra runs in the end.
Ah oldest trick in the book. How did I forget that one... also moved away all my screenshots.

Thanks!
Seems I have some time to run after all, even though I didn't sign up. No problem, I will post all the chams I get during 100 runs, should be 4-5 chams, to motivate you all. (edit: 1.07 ofc)

;-)

Best of luck to all of you though!
@TreeOfSmoke I hope I didn't sound very strict or something. I was at college and couldn't write much.
In the end that Cham might motivate some people more than demotivate all these trolls that already found 100x Um!

Hey Tenecabo, good luck. What runes do you lack for all the sexy PvP runewords?
pretty sure pharphis got Cham too.
Um, why is everyone getting so Surly? I Berly found any runes yet. Gulp, I think I have some sort of Vex on me. Ohmy, it must be some Malefactor holding me back! Lo and behold, what Ist this? A free trip to Jahmacia? Maybe I will be the Champion after all!
Crap, didn't know someone found a cham until seeing this thread.

That's what I get for being busy falling asleep at training workshops all day

edit: other than me ofc.
I am annoyed at 3 jahs and no bers. I want infinity!
relax man!

Can't we get points for IK mauls? I think i found more of those then i did qualifiers.:rolleyes:

Also a question about the runcounter. Maybe i'm using it wrong, but every time i exit the counter my selected char and target are gone. Shouldn't it keep those between sessions? Right now i have to write down the time i spend on each session before exiting the counter and add them up to see how much of the 20 hrs are already gone.
I remember someone posting that problem in the Help Thread. I think it has to do with Java permissions and the counter not creating a file in which it saves the progress.
I haven't had a single IK maul, WTF?! Stop hogging the loot Cyrax or I really will beat you to the 99er sept!
Too bad for you. All your IK mauls r belong to me! :p

Thanks srrw, seems like i'll have to check that thread out to see what can be done.
When you stop running for the day, do you hit "Pause" or "End Run"? I always hit Pause and have no problems.
Found it in the thread srrw mentioned. Apparently i had an older version which has an error in it (something about a wrong separator being used). Got the new version. Did a quick test and that seems to do the trick.

Fun fact: Today i ran the same amount of time as yesterday and i did the exact same amount of runs too.
Fun fact: I just run almost 5 hours without qualifiers. Meanwhile I found a Hexing GC with 24 life and a Shogukusha's GC with 31 life. lol
Gripphon already found lots of qualifiers and several nice non qualifiers. Why are we even participating in this?
I've run 20 mins... not even a qualifier! Can you believe this!?!?
Oh, it is really a relief to know I'm not the only one who didn't find qualifier for hours. All day I listen how Fabian and Nulio are finding qualifier after qualifier, I guess they all went there.
So quiet here! I hope not everyone is running. :p

Qualifiers may not go the way i'd like, but at least i'm finding some nice non-qualifiers. Don't know which char will get this yet, but he or she will be happy with it.

Ruby Small Charm of Balance
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 32
Fingerprint: 0xb0b128d4
Fire Resist +11%
5% Faster Hit Recovery

Perhaps it's easier to just take my berserker axes and mug Fabian and Nulio. Hmm, i think i'll hold on to that idea a bit until they gathered some more qualifiers for me. :D
I can confirm that Frozzzen, Fabian, Nulio and Scrcrw are doing daily RFO-ing, Kimppi is a bit slacking and I'm on schedule so far. So gogogogogo.
A bit slacking sounds about right considering I haven't even started D2 yet. Terrible timing on this, right after Witcher 3.
Just cleared the five hour mark. Pretty good hauls so far, I'm having a lot of fun ID'ing all the jewels!
I could go for some pul runes
So that is where Pul runes were gone to. I was wondering why I can't seem to find any. I'd be happy with Pul runes, enough of Lems already!

So how is going with rest of you guys? I already know no one is finding anything as same old story, but how its really going?
13 hours done, and if my luck won't change I will be in the middle of the pack. Non-qualifiers are killing me, especially because they are good in my eyes (I'm looking at you, Puls and Lems).
Interestingely the drops are not coming in evenly organized batches, but in packs. In 10 runs I got today 3 nice runes, then 300 runs of pure silence. :p

OT: I had to take out my pitnecro, to get a bit funky and relaxed. I freking tried to whirlwind with the necromancer in my mind. I won't play a barb after this for a long time.
I got a Sur and a Lo in my first 10 runs, and I've had a bloody Mal since... I'm at around 300 runs I think. I did get a 3x life harpoonist and a few plain skillers though. Plus a 40cb IK maul, which I always appreciate for IG builds.
Hey guys, don't post your qualifiers, keep them secret until RFO is over. I will also add that to rules into first post.

I do 100% agree with this rule, but it definitely should have been said from the beginning.
You are right. I assumed that people who will participate will already know how things work based on MFO, and I thought it should me more than clear that qualifiers are not to be posted before RFO ends.

So everyone, don't post your qualifiers before final results of RFO are announced. Everything you found will be there. Until then keep your drops secret.

You can however say are you satisfied or not with your drops, troll about that and so on.
Oops, sorry!

Pretty big lapse of clarity lol
The rule should be like this: you can brag about your drops, but beware that every announced qualifier will be removed from your final score! :p
Not saying drops are terrible, buuuut can I leave D2 running all night and start a new set in the morning?;)

OT: My back is toast. I bought a new chair yesterday, but I think it's too little too late. I think I jacked it lifting some stuff, gogo moving, followed up with bad sitting posture for an extended period of time. Pushin' on though, RFO get sum!
I can sympathize, Zylo. I always go lift heavy at the gym and think, man--I need to take it easy and play some D2 tonight. Then when I stand up...

"Oil can!..... ooooil can!"
One qualifier so far, highest rune otherwise is a Ko. I keep checking I'm not playing 1.12.
Yes, I already thought of that potential scenario where someone leaves his pc working to get 20 hours to start again lol (or just saying his pc worked while in fact he just restarted his running and voila). Obviously people can find a ways to bend rules to their liking and this is after all friendly competition based on trust. That is major downside of having limited playing time cause mega unlucky strike of running could happen to someone.

Problem at allowing restarting is it can be manipulated big time. Hey, this run I found Cham, lets start RFO from this point!

My answer to someone about that is, keep going till 20 hours and blame lady Luck. It has to happen to someone. It happened to me last RFO, I survived. About potential changing of rules we can discuss before next RFO.
How it's going? Let's see. I'm just over 12.5 hrs now, nearing 1K runs. Start was absolutely terrible. Since then it picked up a bit. Won't be finishing last. But looking at last year's final table and this year's number of (highly reputed) runners, my estimation is that it needs to pick up further for me to have a chance at winning.

Rune of the day: ral. Though amns were also plenty.

Also my plan to pick up enough IK mauls to win the MFO continues to work. :cool:
I've seen a lot of el runes so far. Ith, too.
Ahh, I wasn't serious, and I wouldn't change the rules. Before this started I was thinking you could do a set with each character you wanted to run with, so I'd have barb and blizzard sorc set each. I got to thinking though, if you went an extended period of time without finding anything, you'd simply switch over to the other character. I don't think that is in the spirit of this event, and ultimately why I didn't bring it up.

The first 10 hours were nothing but business.(No music or streaming) The last half are being ran with Netflix. My times are no longer optimal, but I'm hoping to be fired up for next set.(Possibly)
If I could only watch something and run Trav... Would have been a few hours in the second set by now. But I can't, because I'll deed. So I'm just shy of 3 hours into the first (and very likely only) set. :D
Nearly 5 hours without qualifiers now after a very good start.
Makes you appreciate the new rule :p

A few nice jewels and charms though, so no complaints here.
I don't know how you people manage to stay focused for running. I get so bored after an hour of playing, I have to start a movie in a second window to keep on going. My average times are hurt but thy way I'm able to complete the 20 hours. I really need to enter the next MFO, to see how much craziness I'm able to do.

OT: playing with plain berserker axes, that can actually break in the middle of the run, I'm starting to appreciate Ort runes. :D
@bodry Put less points in vitality :p
Tomorrow I will finish my first set and will probably immediately start second set with at least 100 runs. Had roughly 5 hours straight without qualifier which awoke horror of last RFO where 7 hours of no drop happened. Not this again I thought, why is this happening during RFO etc. But truth is, such things happen and are not THAT rare. To my knowledge, 4 events like that happened last RFO. I had 7 hours of no qualifier, Maareek had 6 hours and 8 hours straight without qualifier (he ended with both sets in 100+ score), and Dazliare had 2 qualifiers in 13 hours of running. So, yes. It doesn't really matter does such thing happen or not, what matters is how things look after 20 hours of playing. Someone could have 7 hours without qualifier, and he can as well have 5 qualifier drops in 300 runs after that.

I think in general people have too high expectation when it comes to dropping of qualifiers. I know not finding qualifiers within expectation is demoralizing, but things like that happen all the time. I calculated fast that there is roughly 12.1% chance to not find single qualifier in 500 runs done with sorc (or ~315 for barb). That is actually big chance, it means pretty much every single day of RFO at least two or even three people get into range of 500 runs without qualifier (or 315 for afterhorkers). That is daily event pretty much. I believe for most people qualifiers drop like once in hour and 45 mins average as per mathematical expectation and depending on efficiency of running. Average, which means it is as well not that improbable to go 3 hours without qualifier, or even 5 (ok, 5 is already in very unlucky range, but still).
Random question for all of you running with Whirlers: what is your attack rating?

Mine's about 4600... and it's really noticeable how much it kinda sucks. I've got my inventory stuffed with charms that add to AR (admittedly max/AR's that don't have as much as Steel charms) and it's still that low number. It says 72% chance to hit, but I still notice quite often whirling through groups and not seeing my life bulb refill. Gieb more AR plz!
I have 5500 and 75% to hit. Try using Steel Grand Charm of Maiming (I think that's name of the charms I use with AR and max damage). ;)
After countless Baals this is easy. :p

Actually had my gloves break on me yesterday. It was only 3 runs before i wanted to quit for the day so i did the last few with broken gloves. Seems like the ED to demons still worked, so i probably only lost a bit of defense (yay for buggy games ;)).

This was certainly true for me. After a bad start and checking the thread of last years results i realised qualifiers are far less plenty than during MFO's (which was kinda my point of reference).

My AR is 7.5K for whirling. Ofc i'd like every hit to connect, but with this i find i'm doing well in general. If you're lacking AR bodry's suggestion of steel gc's is a good one.
@ LC
My barb has ~4650 AR, and he hits like a truck pretty much. Ideal AR for dual Grief barb is between 4500 and 5500 depending on max damage you carry in inventory, strength you have in barb and such. In general going for max 5k AR and dump rest points to strength increases overall damage output.
Just as info for everyone else, Grief has ignore target defense which means against 8 out of 11 minions in Travincal AR is useless, and also has -12.5% defense against bosses meaning your chance to hit is higher than what LCS shows. Lying Character Screen lives to its reputation after all!

Oath also gives +attack and +damage vs demons, so once again the LCS will deny the truth. Running a lot of +skills helps too, I noticed swapping one of my Steel GC's with a skiller gave a net bonus. Diminishing returns on that, can't just run all skillers but swapping one helped.
One batch completed, quite good score. Yes, I would've won previous RFO once again.
Here's the haul pic:
1597766472720.png
Double Eld drop ftw.

Btw I got what I wanted from council, so I'm outta here. Good luck to the rest of you guys! :)
OMG, we have a winner here!

P.s.: seventh continuous hour without a freaking qualifier. This weekend sucks, and my batch hopefully ends today. I'm sure as hell, I won't start another one.
I thought Zticazzy is like sure thing to go with at least 2 sets of running! So far I'm pretty certain for only 3 people that will actually do 2 sets.
The council has been kind to me, only one set was needed :) I will send results to maareek later.
Good good. Congratz on your find.

Speaking of finds, I get ridiculous amount of facets, found 11 of them in first set already, and 2 dropped in 1 hour of second set. If this keeps up, dis is gunna be gud!
Ok i'm curious. Who did you have in mind for 2 sets?

If you find that many facets you have too much MF! I have 5 so far. Unfortunately not the 1 facet i'm looking for.
LiquidClear, Zylo and me.
Anyone would've guessed you. ;) And sorry to disappoint you, but i just finished mine and i'm gonna try a second batch as well. Not sure if i'll be able to finish it, but we'll see.

Right after posting my 12,5 hr mark i hit another dry streak. So with 2 dry streaks it should be possible to beat my first session even without finishing a full second batch.

@People that finished their 20 hrs: How many runs did you do? I finished at 1.589 runs (50% hork). If i finish the entire second session i should be able to do a few more as my start was pretty crappy (didn't practise beforehand).

Also can we ban zticazzy? For having too much luck or something. :p
FInished my one and only 20 hour batch, managed to do 1763 runs. Will be sending the email to the grand jury. ;)
Also my goal hasn't been reached. I'm burn out though, no more Travincal for me.
Made ~2080 runs, 34.5 avg time, 45% hork.
Holy smokes! o_O How on earth do you do that? I was feeling pretty good about my number and you just go about 1/3 over that. And where my average is 45 and change you shave off over 10 seconds on average?! After i got the right run counter i think my best run was 35.5 (couldn't tell after a while since i had to do a quick S&E which counted as fastest run). *faints*
Some hints:
- find a good map where all the monsters are at the very end of the external left area, so they can't scatter around when you start to whirl;
- 110 fcr on switch to teleport/hork faster (dual wizzy + fcr ring);
- I didn't kill everybody! I made sure that at least 80-85% of them were down. Don't waste your time killing PI Ismail or those who weren't on ww path and still have full health, it's not worth it;
- I was only after runes, so very little time was spent looking at non-orange stuff on the ground. I was just collecting blue jewels, yellow rings, golden jewelry, and some SCs;
- monitor item drops while fighting, not after. I intermittently press Spacebar (more comfy than Alt key) when whirling, for example;
- always go back to Pandemonium Fortress.

It's not rocket science, really. And remember: no Griefs were harmed during the making of this RFO! I used Beast + Rune Master instead.
I don't think leaving stuff alive is good idea for WW barbs in general, unless map is rather bad and minions are scattered around. The fact is you are not killing things and you deny hork to yourself by not killing them, so you lose a lot more efficiency than say sorc or something that doesn't have hork when they leave minions alive. Also I don't know did you ever experience dual Grief, but you kill everything with 2 or 3 WW pass, literally (ok ok, it's more like 4-5!). Idea is simply to roll map where minions are together in a way merc can curse majority of them immediately. Just WW pass through them back and forth and dual Grief will already kill like 80% of them. Another WW pass to kill remaining things alive.
Skipping PI Ismail I can understand though, barb who is freezed could lose considerable amount of time to get rid of that thing.

@ Cyrax
I'm not at all disappointed, I'm actually happy there are more people who go for second set.
I'm a little over 8 hours with 487 runs, pathetic haha
I am enjoying the character though, so I'm not too fussed that he is far from competitive. A few facets for me too, but mostly crappy skillers... Plenty of amethysts though :D
@Gripphon Yeah I remember the uber power of dual Grief, but with less powerful weapons I prefer to leave Trav intead of spending my time trying to catch and kill the rest of them individually, this solution proved to be more enjoyable for my gaming experience. I don't know which weapons Cyrax is using, so I included this hint as well.
And btw I was playing with ravenfrost on, so I am not exactly obsessed with efficiency at all costs.
So I'm the only one here whose barb wears a Cham'd Arreats? PI Ismail must feel the Berserk. :D
I'm still only 5 hours in. oops
I just passed the 10 hour mark. Had a pretty good start but needless to say it didn't last and I have been having a long dry streak. Today has been a bit better, so my goal of not finishing last is hopefully still realistic, even though i might not have time to complete the 20 hours.
Let's see:
- They're all in the upper room, unless i make a wrong teleport and don't go in a straight line
- Dual wizzy, but no FCR ring
- Everything dies
- Not exactly the same list as yours, but i'm picking up very little as well
- I'm checking while horking, not while whirling
- Doing so.
- Also using ravenfrost

Using dual BA griefs (ATMA bugged). No rocket science maybe, but still a very large gap. Perhaps i'm just not good enough. :(

Don't feel bad; I am just using my iPhone for the timer and ignoring the number of runs I'm doing because I know I'll just feel slow and stupid when I see how inefficient my runs are compared to others. I am paranoid about missing anything, so I spend a lot of time picking up gold, even though I don't really want the gold.
But why the Raven Frost? Fcr+mana leech ring is so much better than that.
Cheer up man! It's all a matter of practicing. When I started running Trav with enigma I was amost doing 1 min on average.
Anyway I suggest to reroll your map for a better spawn, that will increase greatly your performance.

Personally because I'm dumb and I forgot to add some extra points to dexterity when respeccing. Without that I can't wield wizzys! :oops:
That's why I'm using dual Suicide Branch setup. ;)
I am probably the only one wearing Trangs belt. Too cheap to pit a cham in an Arrears!

I have gone back to string, but my run times were slower.
Not a bad choice actually. BO-able mana and life are always nice. :)
@zticazzy put a Hel in those wizzys? I've also forgot that dex requirment of those little daggers a couple of times. :) or us Suicide Branches.

Only a bit over 8 hours of running done. If I'd double my current score in the remaining ~12 hours, I'd be quite pleased. Unfortunately no time for two 20h batches, mainly because I couldn't run this weekend and won't be able during the next either.

I gave up the idea running with gold finding equipment after the first hour. Since then my Blizzer has been in full killing speed -mode :D
Thanks!

And my attack rating is 8600. I do have 144 dex (using grief pb).
You've got to be kidding me. How am i ever going to win with drops like this?

I know everybody says you can only cube runes up, but i think the game found a way to split my qualifiers. I hope you don't mind if i count these. :p
Amazing drop Cyrax! Gripphon will be jelly!
Let's see. Breast Plate Enigma + 2 Ral runes + Ort + 2 wizzies on same screenshot? I'm in love!
And a blue phase blade.. probably of the ages.
Its nice to see people are so optimistic about having chance of winning and optimism has thumbs up from me! But, I'm realistic and I know who is gonna win (hint: FoH), so realistically speaking, all the rest of us are battling for second position really. I accepted that and kept going nevertheless, second or third place are not bad goal to aim for!
My afterhorker is a solid contender for 9th place. I'll leave the top 3 to the pros.
I'm done. Everyone here is optimistic, and I just haven't found a thing. 12 hours, didn't count runs, no qualifiers.

Best part of the runs was a Fine SC of Strength, and plenty of Pgems.

Good luck to everyone else :)
I'm at 5 hours (oops, I was lazy this weekend) and no qualifiers (unsurprising)
Wanted to get a bit of playtime in between dinner and sports. However roads were blocked for no apparent reason. Big detour, slow traffic. A part that normally takes me about 5-10 mins now took an hour. I'm suspecting Grip got scared and put up a road block after hearing i was gonna do a second set. :rolleyes:
Seriously great job. I know for a fact, I would have given up at 8 hours.
Thing I learned: Dazliare found total of 2 qualifiers in 25 hours of RFO if we count last time and now. Are you sure you played correct version? That is statistically practically impossible, unless you run at literally snail pace. I mean try to play eurojackpot, maybe your luck gets compensated there.

@Cyrax
I would crush roads to make sure you never return home!
I've had one qualifier today, but I've had some good luck with sharp charms! A life GC, a frw sc etc. Plus a mf/ar sc. RFO more often please!

@Dazliare
That is indeed some really terrible luck.
To back that up with some numbers:
If you assume a 1/150 chance of a qualifier per run and 1500 runs you have a 0.2% chance of finding 2 qualifiers.

Hope you make some nice stuff with the Pgems!
This set was much more inefficient than the last set, but I still probably completed 600 runs. I'm in 1.13d for sure (I'm drowning in Pul/Mal/Um from LK) - I've just had rotten luck with Trav.
Not finding qualifier in 600 runs for zealot is event that happens in 7.9% cases. It's not on extreme part of unlucky (at first I thought we talk about 1000 runs or more), but it is very unlucky streak indeed. It is expected to find 2.5 qualifiers on average in 600 runs to give you better idea of your luck.
:( I've never been a big fan of Trav anyway to be honest. I'll get back into my tournament characters :)
Wait, I need to stop and check: What is a qualifier and does the trav drop them? I am whirling myself silly for a handful of pgems...
Daz burned up all his luck at LK :D

Seriously though good run even if you didn't pull quals you still put in the time so you get respect from me.
Qualifiers are the runes Um and higher runes. These get you RFO points.
Can i exchange them for frequent flyer miles?

@Kitteh You know you can run Trav outside RFO as well, don't you?
Yes, but I have two septs (one of them is even realistic) to complete, so my Travincal time is limited. RFO is a great excuse though ;)
I have two runes!
So I was in one of my frankly probably unhealthful periods of imagination and realized it would've been really cool if someone had had the understanding to realize how well a cartoon of D2, and Travincal especially, could compete with the shows I watched as a kid.

The first thought to come to me was a wonderful history show, even though that wasn't the plan of the original. Fully Automated Intelligent Travincal Horkers would follow the adventures of five students at Kurast High School who fight against the forces of evil. But when Ritaphisto calls forth his/her/its most powerful minions -- the mega mecha-Council -- the horkers have to join their special powers together to form the giant super duper OP horker robot Gripphon to defeat them. Of course the series would end when Gripphon became self-aware and rebelled against the horkers in order to follow the prime directive of its programming: acquiring unique jewels.

Best part about Fully Automated Intelligent Travincal Horkers? The theme song, which would just be "Faith" by George Michael since it works on so many levels. (I narrowly cut out linking the Avicci song "Levels" there since I figured including a reference to a song with so many versions [one might even use a word which would push this sentence's grammaticality from dubious to improbable] could prove overly esoteric).

Of course Mighty Morphin Power Rangers is not the only show from that time frame which could be adapted for this, in fact I would say a far superior idea could be had in the guise of a combination of two cult classics which I will illustrate by a quick snippet of the lyrics from the new show's theme song.

And let's be honest here, it's quite clear that Blizzard drew immense inspiration from these two shows when they created the later parts of Act 3. The Council in Travincal is very clearly representative of Team Rocket - Ismail corresponds to James and has a set of 4 minions who follow him around, Geleb obviously shows they twisted Jesse's form to avoid copyright suits but they retained her pokemon using powers and of course Toorc not only looks like Meowth (upon close inspection you'll find that they each have not only a face, but only legs and arms) but has no minions; the similarity cannot be denied!

In terms of comparisons between late Act 3 and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles well frankly Mephisto is just a ripoff of Shredder. Both gained a legion of followers through nefarious means. Both are formidable enemies in hand to hand combat. Each has siblings who strongly disagree with their life choices. And, finally, both have horribly incompetent henchmen. If Blizzard hadn't had the foresight to remove the mask from Mephisto's face I'm pretty sure they would've been sued.

Just in case you think you're clever and think you've figured me out, this post wasn't some attempt to subliminally convince people by implicitly saying sorcs rule and barbs drool. It was a way to say it explicitly. Squirtle power!
I spent 2 mins looking at a google image search of TMN squirtles and this is the best one I found:
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2...tant_ninja_squirtle_by_xbunnylace-d5d4tf1.png

edit: oh poop, there's one with raticate as splinter...
Amazing idea! Gripph will surely make a storyboard with Paint for this project.
Council,.... what did you do with Lycander?
Lycander's Aim
Ceremonial Bow
Two Hand Damage: 76 - 161
Durability: 47 of 55
Required Strength: 73
Required Dexterity: 110
Fingerprint: 0x1856d9e6
+2 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels
+20% Increased Attack Speed
171% Enhanced Damage
Adds 25 - 50 Damage
8% Mana stolen per hit
+20% Enhanced Defense
+20 to Dexterity
+20 to Energy

Lycander's Flank
Ceremonial Pike
Two Hand Damage: 133 - 311
Durability: 12 of 25
Required Strength: 115
Required Dexterity: 98
Fingerprint: 0xd745c7e2
+2 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels
+30% Increased Attack Speed
159% Enhanced Damage
Adds 25 - 50 Damage
8% Life stolen per hit
+20% Enhanced Defense
+20 to Strength
+20 to Vitality
@pharphis: Oh man, Squirtphael? I love that guy!

@Gripphon: Ahh, good, I was looking for this gif for when you send me your RFO results. ;p
Your overall stash doesn't count! :p

Intelligent? You sure?
Results sent. I did one 20h set. Unfortunately no time for a second one.

Thanks @Gripphon for hosting this, and thanks @maareek for supervising!

@ all others, good luck with the rest of your runs! Was very nice to see so many participating. Hope to see as many of you as possible in the MFO also.
So basically 4 days of RFO left, I guess its time to complain about finds.
I got fine non-qualifiers, notably facets drop in insane rate and I naturally farm pgems and stuff, so it will be gg in the end. But qualifiers, man. Where are they, do they exist? Runes are supposed to be lolrunes now, and not something that is very hard to find. Perhaps I've been selling runes for too cheap price since I see how long it takes to actually farm them, and how much luck is actually needed to do it.
I might end with same amount of qualifiers as last RFO in 40 hours, which is not bad, but is well below expectations. Maybe game decided to give me tons of facets to compensate for this bad luck? Who knows, I'm not really happy how things are turning out. But hey, it is very interesting battle at least, winner will not be known until the very last minute of RFO.

Or should I say RNFO aka Rune Not Finding Olympics? Ty Maxicek for this name which describes this RFO for many players me included. Anyway, back to RNFO-ing.
I'm really enjoying this RFO! It has put a lot of real life things into perspective for me, like the value of time. I'm also getting better at the game itself which is encouraging. I'm almost at the limit where I need a real gaming mouse to keep up with my APM, and i think that's a good thing. Noticing the old Starcraft "warmups" are coming back. If anyone played SC they know what I'm saying, where you spam keys like crazy to get your hands moving. Any recommendations for gaming mouse/pad? I'm rolling a sloppy Logitech right now and it only clicks good if you ride the button's reset. Not sure if any of that makes sense.

Telling someone what mouse to use falls somewhere between completely impossible and practically impossible. The best way is to use various mice for yourself and get a feel for them, but you may not live in an area where that's a viable option (it certainly isn't where I live). If you want to do some research on the workings of a mouse and inform some decisions from that point, I have a pair of links you could have a look at (note that the first of those links was last updated in 2012, but the thread itself is still active and if you'd like you could have a go at asking for suggestions [using the template spoilered in the first post] and seeing what response you can get) for getting a picture of the differences between mice and what they mean and so forth.

I'm not up to date on mice right now, and I wouldn't feel qualified to try and distill the information above down, but I will say that if you just want to play D2 I wouldn't go dropping much money on a mouse. There's not a lot of call for it and you'll probably be fine with just a mouse that feels good with a decent optical sensor (the basic mice Windows put out should be fine for the job, for example, and they're like $15 or so) but if you want something that's more adjustable and has a little more room to ramp up into other games, the Razer DeathAdder is a pretty easy and common recommendation just because it performs pretty well, is widely available, and is reasonably versatile. It's not perfect, and Razer is sort of known for less than stellar consistency in its parts, but in the dark it's a good place to start in terms of recommendations. The downside being the DeathAdder retails for $60.00, but that's what shopping around is for ... and is pretty much in range with most gaming mice, anyway.

As for mouse pads, again I'm no expert, but the Steelseries QCK line and Razer Goliathus line are fairly inexpensive ($15) cloth pads. The second link I provided above has some information regarding mouse pads, but the gist is: you want to pick the mouse first as some of them perform better on certain surfaces and poorly on others. Most mice work somewhere between well and best on cloth pads though, so it's a decent choice in general.

Keep in mind that 1. every mouse has flaws, 2. any mouse could be completely unusable junk to any specific person and 3. assuming the performance of the mouse chosen isn't just complete garbage (and very few actually qualify as that) the most important thing is just that the mouse feels good to use.

Personally I use an Abyssus mouse on a Goliathus speed pad because when I was looking to buy some gaming peripherals they were each on stupidly big sales (~$30 for the pair?) but I wouldn't recommend them because I don't have any frame of reference (never used a gaming mouse pad before and before the Abyssus all I used were Mini Opticals) though outside of the UI software Razer sent with the mouse - which isn't required - and not being able to turn off the light under the Razer logo I have no complaints.
Second set i was off to a better start than the first. Which honestly wasn't too hard since the first qualifier of batch one came after ~4,5 hrs. So i was happy. Only now the part which was decent in batch 1 is not doing so well in batch two, so while i was ahead of my first session that won't last for long any more if i don't get a decent drop soon.

On the upside, it looks like i'll be able to finish the entire 20 hrs (9 hrs so far) after all. With still over half to go it can still end up for better or worse. So fingers crossed (but not while playing ;)).
:( I resemble that remark.

I now have four runes. :p
I'd be curious as to what the results would be if a group of forum members all ran LK for a mind-numbing 20 hours together. Obviously, LK is a bit more fertile on paper, but I wonder how dramatic the outliers would be among a group like the RFO group. Since LK runs are faster, it seems like that would probably even things out more and there be less chance for bad luck.

Also, I found it really uncanny how much your rune prices on the trade forum corresponded to my experience running LK. When I wanted to trade some runes for runes to make Infinity, I started running LK. Found a Sur. Then found another Sur. Cubed the flawless gems I'd collected, and had to run a bit more to reach 400 pgems, which was your price for a Ber. So I basically found a "cubed" Ber in the time it took to farm the pgems. Basically the same thing happened when I trade for a Jah. I've had a lot of Surs drops, but never a Ber...
Well I tried to balance rune prices between "rich players" and not so rich players. First ones are like lolrunes, while other ones are usually hyped about them. I didn't want to sell runes for practically nothing, so prices ended as they are. If anything, they should go down, especially after RFO.

Anyway, I finished 2 batches for this RFO. In total did 8044 runs in 40 hours with blizzard sorc. Overall I'm satisfied with non-qualifiers, farmed lots of things, actually tons of things. As for qualifiers, things could have been better, so I'm not really happy how things turned out, but it's not terrible either. None set was as terrible as first set from last RFO (65 points score lol) which is a plus definitely. I hope to be in top 3 spots in the end. Anyway, have fun for last 3 days of RFO.

There is roughly 1.5% chance to do another 10 hours of third set just to complete 10k travi runs during RFO, but I'm tired of Travincal and these days are like hell hot and its hardly playable atmosphere.
8k runs and you don't think you will be in top 3? wtf. who do you expect to find there?
OK, you are right, I overtrolled a little bit.
I predict an afterhorker will be in the top three.
Hmmm... I'll be brave and predict in top 5 will be 3 blizzardsorcs and 2 afterhorkers.
no qualifiers here!
gogo 10k runs!

Crazy effort already though! I expect to see lots of runes and nice qualifiers :eek:

phar, how many hours in? Still counting on you to hit a jackpot in 1.07. Or maybe you did already, how do we know... ;)
I will most likely just reach 1000 runs xD Assuming I finish the 20 hours, I have a race tomorrow :p
8044 runs in 40 hours sound completely insane - thats like 18 secons per run o_O
I thought I was doing ok with my blizz sorc at around 35 seconds including picking up runes, charms, jewels, rares, etc, so I cannot fathom how you can run sub 20 and still pick up non-qualifiers.
Not having DF is obviously a factor, and I didnt reroll map (it's pretty decent though) because I have nice AT/LK maps now. Can you post your gear readout?
I stopped counting once I realized I would be less than 20 hours total... I'm at ~8 hours, 9 at most
Based on his previous posts I think he's using something pretty similar to this though it would seem his times have improved some since he posted that last August (and/or he's picking up less). There's another gear set he provides a few posts down, but it's completely damage focused and doesn't have even close to the MF amount he was talking about earlier.

Personally, I choose to blame the insane disparity between his runtimes and mine (~30%?) on the fact that he has 12 more levels of Battle Orders than me. Can't be skill based.
@dave

1.07 Cham Shako
CoH
Amulet 2sorc/10fcr/17@/33FR
35 fcr Spirit
30% csd Fathom with 5/5 facet
Arachnid Mesh
Trang Claws gloves
dual beta BKWB
50 MF War Travelers

Inventory: 40 MF Gheed, 4x skillers, 6mf/17mana, 7mf/11 mana, 18/11 CR, 19/10 LR, 20/11 FR, 5x4 free space

Merc: Infinity Thresher, Steel Shade with Ral, Fortitude

When it comes to blizzard sorc, for efficient running 80% is map, 20% is technique. My runs are very boring and one-dimensional as demonstrated on video. Another tips are: don't bother killing cold immune boss and also don't be paranoid about drops to lose like 10 seconds digging for that flawless out or whatever. I have godly gear, beta CtA, 1.07 shako etc, so my sorc has maxed resistances, 178 MF, 2.9k life, 800 mana or whatever, 9.7k blizzard damage.
I'm picking up grand and small charms, all jewels, rare rings, rare tiaras/coronets/circlets, useful/rare unique and set items, Sol runes, Ral runes, certain rare claws in like 30% cases if I feel like it. I don't bother with other rare items. Oh yes, also picking up flawlesses.
Ok, this stopped being cute. Haven't found a single qualifier for somewhere between 550 and 600 runs now. And counting. >.<

Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Sigh. :(
Travincal today, YOLO style

E9cAJr7.jpg

Today farmed total of 332 pgems, personal record of mine for one day.

Yes, I'm going for blood aka will finish third set too.
Gripph real-life bot
His biggest achievement was he made us think we can win the tourney. [emoji14]

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én X9180-el

let's hope in a @nulio wrecking ball effect then :D
PS I'm not the only one doing 3 sets this RFO, so there is one more so called "bot" among us! I'm not telling, its a secret.
11 hours?! What are you on mate? I WANT SOME!

(since I'll have to do ~12 hours tomorrow if I want to finish a 20h set)
Hey I wont lie, I do consider that as one of my biggest achievements. And everyone believed me! I'm very convincing, I bet I could sell a fridge to some eskimo if I wanted to.

@srrw
I'm on white chair, try that as a strategy.
No one believed you from the start Gripph, we tricked you into thinking that you fooled us. [emoji6]
Just a reminder that the RFO will end when 11:59pm (23:59) on Sunday June 7th ticks over to 12:00am(00:00) on Monday June 8th in your timezone, so the end is drawing near. Please PM your results to me as soon after that as possible (or before if you won't be running right up til the end) so we can have the final standings up before everyone forgets what a horrible experience this was -- err, I mean what a great time they had.
Qualifiers: None.

We'll see if I find something in the next ~3 hours worth of play time I might bother with
Who actually has 60 hours to spend on D2? lol

Should be pretty interesting to see the results, good luck all!
Its not problematic to spend 60 hours on D2, but spending 60 hours on farming lolrunes... now that is crazy stuff!

I must say Maareek is best supervizor ever, he even brings water if you need it. Good job man.
He brought you water? I call foul play!

It was like dry season in the desert over here. Added another good 280 runs before finally a qualifier showed itself.
I'd just like to add, to nobody in particular, that flattery will not in any way cause me to adjust your score to make up for RNG's fickleness. Cash bribes, on the other hand, can cause miracles.

Also, as an addendum to my previous post, if you signed up and then decided to not run or if you get no qualifiers (something something 1.07. something something "when you try hard, you fail hard" ;p), please still give me a heads up at the end of the event so I'm not waiting on results from you that won't be coming.

@Cyrax: Well he was complaining earlier about it being extremely hot where he is, and then he said he ran like 12 hours in one day, so I'm assuming he's lost all touch with reality and is now hallucinating. On the plus side, that means his odds of a good finish are soundly dashed, unless we decide to add unicorns and fairies to the qualifier list.
Well yes, it is crazy hot in here and I did running over that time which I avoided previous days of RFO since I didn't really need to catch hours of playing. Third set was not planned at all from the start. So I'm tired of playing and am losing efficiency steadily, but will finish that third set no matter what. :p

I think it could be good idea to give deadline to which players must report score or they are out, so that we don't wait for someone who is too lazy to check forum. Right?
Sure, sure, personally I was withholding the time when I'd cut results and just giving the actual end of the event to try and fight against any procrastination tendencies but since the subject was breached I'll go ahead and say my plan was to release the results at midnight on Wednesday my time (well, approximately, I wouldn't claim exact punctuality) if not all the totals were in, since I feel like giving roughly 48 hours to everybody (sure it cuts some time off those to the west of me, though I'm not certain how many people that affects, I'm guessing 2-3) seems fair and going much further than that feels overly drawn out, especially considering that would be well into the later parts of Wednesday for those in Aussie-land and points nearby.

That said, I'd be really happy if I had everybody's results in and was able to post the final standings on Monday since otherwise, given the list of participants, I fear we might come to know the truth of this image:

5e972a2f6327a1265980bbe3b540945028b49e615edd632db735eeeea64386ad.jpg
Do as you please, you're the boss of results
za2.gif
Today is the last day of RFO. Gogogo.

vaVI3vC.jpg
As it stands, none of my runes actually qualify.

I may get some more runs in but I doubt it. (My uncle went into hospital at the start and I've been getting up, going over there and going to work. Pretty much that's it. He's had me very worried this time; never seen him this bad.) But on topic ... yeah my usual dreadful showing.
My fun conclusion of what this RFO has taught me: all those books about math and statistics, shred all of them to pieces and burn them. They all talk nonsense and they are all wrong.

Back to RFO: I'm 500 runs from the end, so things are finally coming to an end. Those 2 weeks were indeed long, too long.
Just finished my second set and send results to maareek. Second session was a disappointment after having a good start. Did more runs, but score was lower than the first one.

There's still like 3,5 hrs left. If only i were i Gripbot. Then i could still manage to do another 20 hr session in that time. o_O

Now nothing left i can do except sort my stashes while waiting for the results.
I just finished the set with my blizz sorc - I did not think I would have time to complete the 20 hours so that's an accomplishment in its own :p
As for the result, a dry streak of almost 5 hours near the end kinda killed my hope of a decent score. I hope I'm not at the bottom, but we'll see. It was fun to participate no matter what :)

Fun fact: I found a qualifier both within the first 10 minutes and last 5 minutes of the set :)

Fun fact #2: I found 0 Pul, 1 Lem and 0 Fal during entire RFO.
I'm done with RFO and am feeling totally ridiculous right now.

And done. Sent results to old man reek and hoping that others do it as well.

Actually finishing 20h is nice surprise even for myself. Overall I'm ok with my score, more or less. I'd wish I had less low scoring runes and got rune that is actually worth something outside of just score for RFO. If it were MFO style where you count only top 5 scorers I'd probably be very very low on standings. Number of high end qualifiers was just too sad.

Anyway did roughly 3500 runs with my blizzard sorc, add or take some. It's good to see that I improved for whole two seconds on avg run times even if I reduced my dmg output by 50% from last time.
Done and PM sent. I didn't finish all 20 hours but turned in a respectable showing.
I didn't finish the hours, but I stopped at exactly 1000 runs, just because that is likely going to be my primary achievement of the RFO :p
Okay, so who won the RFO? :)
He's actually a bot programmed to make us think he is human. [emoji1082]
He's an ad!
Does he know he's an ad?

Edit: this is from last year!

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High