[2015] Amazon Sisters (Magic Find Tournament - 2) [by Azimuthus]

Noran and Amplisa has full cleared Act I and is now in Lut Gholein.

Not much to note on Act I - only a single unique axe dropped just before Andariel.
However, I have an abundant amount of topazes left over - 10 chipped, 1 flawed, and 1 normal to be exact - and I'm hoping this little boost in MF will result in some nice drops.

As far as the skill build goes, I'm still quite unsure of what to max after valk and LF. I'm leaning towards 1 point strafe for knockback for scary packs and stragglers, and maxed decoy for added HP on the valk.

[Noran and Amplisa - lvl 21 @ Lut Gholein]
- Finished Normal Act I - 21 points. Beggar.

Update.

I accidentally sold Berserker's axe while ctrl+click spamming; still marked it down though =P.

Clearing tombs took a while because Noran is nothing more than a decoy atm.
3x tal bow and static circlet on Amplisa were the main sources of damage.
Duriel was easy, but still required 3 trips to the town to restock on potions.

I've saved up 10+ skill points already; just waiting to get to lvl 30 to start pumping Valk and LF.

Congrats to squashing the Big Bad Cockroach, and jealous of your 200+ points. =P

[Noran and Amplisa - lvl 28 @ Kurast Docks]
- Finished Normal Act II - 137 points. Huckster.

Vinielle and Visala have also completed Act II.

Some notable finds thus far:

Dimoak's Hew, from Andariel
Serpent Lord, from Radament (this one is quite nice, I keep it on switch to use if I run out of mana)
Nokozan's Relic, from some random spearcat in the desert (my most valuable find thus far)
Deathspade, from some random goatfolk in the Arcane Sanctuary
Berserker's Headgear, from a chest in one of the false tombs (my first set piece!)
Twitchthroe, from Ancient Kaa
Cathan's Rule, from Duriel
And a bunch of runes; I'm already halfway to the Eld achievement.

Vinielle is a poison/lightning hybridzon. It's going well so far. Duriel was hard, and he killed Visala about a dozen times, but everything else has been smooth sailing. I'm looking forward to having mommy join the sisters soon!

I had 22 points at the end of Act I and 223 at the end of Act II, an improvement of a factor of 10. If I can stay at that rate, by the end of Hell difficulty, I'll have 2.2 quadrillion points. That sounds reasonable.

Vinielle the Tradesman and Visala, level 28, at the Kurast Docks.

Finished A3 as well. 220 MF with merc's final blow. The score is 667 where 80 is from set bonus. Also found rogue's bow, it has a nice speed and will be very good with freezing arrow, where I'll put, probably, something like 10 points or even more.

upload_2015-7-1_20-38-31.jpeg

Update.

Strolled through Act 3 while watching youtube. Most of the time and focus were spent repositioning Amplisa and keeping half the mobs occupied with decoy. Mephisto was much easier than I thought, I only had to resummon the mother about 20 times, as Amplisa slowly chipped away.

Surprisingly low amount of gold/green despite the 236% mf on Amplisa kill.
One unique tower shield netted 70 points for me though.
Despite the low score, I found a near perfect Nagelring - 74ar, 30mf (perfect for what it's worth), and a staff of teleportation from the back stash of Mephisto. =)

[Noran and Amplisa - lvl 32 @ The Pandemonium Fortress]
- Finished Normal Act III - 384 points. Vendor.

Normal finished. Unfortunately last act was poor - some 1 or maybe 2 greens, couple of uniqs. Though found some runes and even got "TIRamisu" rune achievement. Cow level was surprisingly abundant - some runes, sigon gloves, xeen sword, sparkling mail and - wow - cow king's hooves ) So final score for normal is 1364. Still low for Full Bag Slayer achievement, which I was really hoping to get. If 4th and 5th acts were more fruitful... but okay, still happy with such a score.

Stingy Baal:

upload_2015-7-4_3-34-58.jpeg

Generous Cowking:

upload_2015-7-4_3-35-18.jpeg

Boots are nice, but my gambled rare ones are still better:

upload_2015-7-4_3-36-0.jpeg

The V-Team (Vinielle, Visala, and Valkyrie) have completed Act III.

Notable finds included:

Duskdeep in the Flayer Dungeon
A Nagelring from a boss thresher in Lower Kurast (only 15% MF, but I'm still using it)
Skewer of Krintiz in one of the temples
Angelic Sickle from a chest in Travincal
Cleglaw's Pincers from a stash in the Durance
Angelic Mantle from a Council member
and Cleglaw's Tooth from Mephisto

I maxed out the gold in my stash so I gambled all of it away. I got some boots with 26% MF and an Acrobatic Amulet that I use whenever I summon the Valkyrie. I also got a nice rare glaive on that gambling spree that Vinielle used for awhile, but she has since upgraded to a Low Quality Maiden Javelin.

On to Act IV!

Vinielle the Monger, level 32, 424 points, with Visala and their mother, Valkyrie, newly arrived at the Pandemonium Fortress.

joined aswell

Jade didnt find much besides a
Biggin's Bonnet in the forgotten tower lvl 2
Nef Rune from the countess
Serpent lord from andy
never realy had trouble so far
81 % mf on my merc kills on andy

Jade lvl 20 act 2

dYuTqfa.png

SimAmMX.png

Vinielle has defeated Diablo and... not advanced to Act V? When he died, the quest was updated to say "You cannot complete this quest in this game."

I did some searching, and it looks like I was too far away from Diablo when he died to get credited with the kill. I was doing hit-and-runs with plague javelins, so I guess that makes sense.

However, I now need to do the entire Chaos Sanctuary again in order to advance. Will this be OK? I will do it on /players 1 this time to limit xp gains and I won't collect or record any loot.

Vinielle the Merchant, her sister Visala, and their mother Valkyrie, 628 points, stuck at the end of Act IV.

Arrived in Nightmare too. In the Throne Room a Goblin Toe dropped, which meant that /p8 Baal was dead in less than a minute. His drop was not bad:

Screenshot336.jpg

I gambled away all gold on circlets in order to find a nice one to spend a socket quest on, and this is what I got on literally the last try:

Screenshot337.jpg

Fairly good haul in Cow Level too:

Screenshot338.jpg

Ophelia and Oriana, Shopkeepers, 968 points, Act I NM

Finished A2 NM.
For NM it was quite poor - in the first part got some greens and normal uniqs, but the second (Palace and further) was just terrible, almost nothing, though I've collected almost 350 MF (without merc). Even Duri dropped just Vidala boots and nothing more -(

Nightmare finished. Sometimes it went so bad (in terms of item-finding) that I wondered if the game works alright. Many kills were made with 450 MF - just to drop one poor blue. However, with some rare decent drops and 4 rune achievements I managed to finish NM with a "Lucky Champion" achieve - though I'm still short of score if compared to our tourney newcomer Potent, who found just insane quantity of items in NM.

Baal:

upload_2015-7-12_1-58-41.jpeg

after andy dropped totaly nothing i grinded through act 2 with prettymuch the worst mobs possible 90 % was LI
got not much in the whole act 2 i was hoping arcane sanctuary would drop a few things nothing happend
so i started clearing all the tombs in canyon of magic got a few greens i already had so i went in the true tomb and
behold
qSZaubI.png

made the whole grind worth in pretty much
duriel didnt drop much after this much luck
mdcYNxx.png

duriel killed with 569 mf

Trying to keep my pace with Potent I've made it Kurast Docks as well.
Act 2 was not bad, especially at the end, however I will need extraordinary luck to beat that score result with mara amu find. Well, some one-two BERs will be enough ))

Duriel (could be much better ofc). With this belt I now have 377 MF (without a merc and without extra switch (tancred amu) for more MF).

upload_2015-7-14_12-23-52.jpeg

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High