[2014] The Cubists - a DIY Tournament for Artists and Craftsmen [by Grisu]

Jan 3, 2007
DISCLAIMER: Please do NOT post in this thread yet. We still need to migrate all posts from the old thread on diabloii.net to this thread. If you want to help, feel free to do so :)

To migrate a post, use the "multi-quote" function in the original thread for all posts of one page, insert the quotes, then copy and paste the text into this thread and insert quotes from original posts (i.e. quoted quotes) manually. Take a look at the latest post in this thread to see how migrated posts should look like. Once all posts from this thread have been migrated, the disclaimer will be removed and the thread open to new posts.

This tournament has already ended. It was originally started by Grisu on Feb 3, 2014. The last post was made Feb 5, 2014 (yeah, quite succesful, this one has been 😅) .
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

The Cubists – a DIY Tournament for Artists and Craftsmen

Introduction:

The bad smell of disease and decay hovers in the small chamber, which even the scent of the dozen candles and incense can’t completely mask. Paintings in all sizes cover the walls, but vanish behind the smoke that hovers in the room. You sit on a small, shabby stool beside your master’s bed and hold his slender hand with its crooked fingers, feeling the wrinkled skin and thinking about which wonders those fingers created when your master was still young. But now, his gout-ridden hands can’t even hold a pencil anymore. A sudden cough pulls you out of your thoughts. A small dribble of spittle and blood oozes from your master’s mouth.

“Come closer”, he rattles. “I have to tell you … the secret of my art … of how I became the greatest cubist of all times…”. Another coughing fit seizes the gaunt body of your master. It takes him minutes to recover, then he continues: “When I was young and still unknown, I came along the most curious artifact…the Horadric Cube…it altered my work in such a substantial way, that I was to be known as the founder of Cubism…”. You barely dare to draw a breath as not to miss a word. “But then, when my name and work was known to everyone in the world, enemies appeared and I had to flee with the precious artifact, the Horadric Cube. But I was too old – they got me and wrested the Cube from me, while I fled through the desert. It is still there somewhere…you have to find it…and perfection your art…to finish my work…”

Your master’s voice grows weaker. “Find … the … Cube…” With one last gasp, your master’s soul leaves this world forever. Pablo Picasso is dead.

Who am I? And why a new tournament?
Hi, I’m Grisu, I’ve been around a long time (7 years) and participated in lots of tourneys after collecting most of a HC grail (-1). While playing tourneys and reading through tourney threads, I learned much about the game. One very important lesson was, that you can get really good equipment if you make good use of the crafting and cube recipes – e.g. the Savage Polearm recipe can get you through NM, if you cube a Partizan and equip an Act II merc with it. So I wanted to make a tournament where people have to use the Horadric Cube and get to know the recipes better and maybe even learn one or two new things about how to optimize their gear in other tournaments. This tournament is similar to Kretschmer’s “The Craftsman’s Children”, which I missed back then, but I found the general idea very appealing.

General Rules:

• This tournament is untwinked.
  • Your character must be HC. If you can’t play HC or don’t want to, you can play SC, but a SC death disqualifies the character from further participation.
  • If your character dies, you may re-enter with another character. There is no limit to this rule, you may re-enter as many times as you wish.
  • Players can use versions from 1.13+ (Lord of Destruction)
  • Players can use any character class, any build, and assign stat and skill points as desired.
  • Re-specing is allowed if you wish to use it.
  • Any /players setting is allowed, and may be changed at will.
  • Single pass only (no re-running of act bosses and areas).
  • You may return to previous acts and difficulties, however you may not leave town (you may retrieve Wirt’s Leg for Cow level, please avoid killing if possible and no picking up loot).
  • ATMA/GoMule may be used as an extended stash.
  • Quests can be completed whenever you wish (e. g. you may use the normal socket quest in NM).

Tournament specific rules:

• No skill limitations. All skills may be used.
  • No restrictions to assignment of stat points.
  • No mercenary limitations. You may switch mercenaries when and as often as you want.
  • Until you get the cube in Act II Normal, all items may be freely used by you and your merc (i.e. found, bought and gambled items as well as starting gear).
  • Once you have the Cube, there are a few additional rules to keep in mind. You don’t have to pick it up as soon as possible – it’s up to you when you are going do that. Playing without the cube for a while might be easier, because you may use all the items you have. On the other hand, it might be easier with some of the cube recipes like the savage polearm recipe. But it’s up to you – artists take their time to develop and perfection their technique, no need to rush becoming a cubist.
  • If you can't fill a slot with a cubed item because you lack the crafting ingredients, you are allowed to go with a plain (white) item without any sockets.

Item restrictions once you have the Horadric Cube:

• Only items, which have been somehow modified in the cube may be used by you and your mercenary (exception: Potions, Arrows, Bolts, Scrolls – see below). The items you use in the cube to create a “legit” item may be found, bought, gambled, cubed or starting gear – so no restrictions on what goes “into” the cube. But everything you wear has to be “out of the Cube”.
  • The Repair recipes, the repair and recharge recipes and the remove item from socket recipe do not countfor an item to count as “modified by the cube”. They are:
    • 1 Ort Rune + Weapon = Fully Repaired Weapon
    • 1 Ral Rune + Armor = Fully Repaired Armor
    • 1 Ort Rune + 1 Chipped Gem (any kind) + Weapon = Fully Repaired and Recharged Weapon
    • 1 Ral Rune + 1 Flawed Gem (any kind) + Armor = Fully Repaired and Recharged Armor)
    • 1 Hel Rune + Scroll of Town Portal + Any Socketed Item = Remove items from sockets
      Of course, you may still use those recipes on your equipment.

• Potions/Scrolls: they are the exception to the rule and may be used freely, no matter if they have been found, bought or cubed or if they are starting gear (that includes Antidotes, Thawing potions, Throwing Potions etc.). As an artist, you really shouldn’t bother handcrafting your own paint or canvas – it’s the way you use it that makes all the difference.
  • Arrows/Bolts: they, too, are an exception to the rule and may be used freely. Same as above, you really shouldn’t need to craft your own pencils and painting tools…
  • Charms: yes, the item restriction does include charms, so only charms, which have been modified by the following recipe may be used – and yes, this is the only way of getting charms that may be used:
    • 3 Perfect Gems (of any type) + 1 Magic Item = 1 New Random Magic Item of the Same Type
  • Jewels: Can be used as a socket filler, if the Jewel was modified by the cube. The only way to do so is with the following recipe:
    • 3 Perfect Gems (of any type) + 1 Magic Item = 1 New Random Magic Item of the Same Type
    • 1 Perfect Skull + 1 Rare Item + Stone of Jordan = 1 High Quality New Rare Item of the same type
    • 6 Perfect Skulls + 1 Rare Item = 1 Random Low Quality Rare Item of the same type
  • Runes may be used, as long as they have been upgraded in the cube (e.g. you aren’t allowed to use the 3 “El”s you found, but if you cube them up to “Eld”, you may use that one.
  • Gems: may be used once you upgraded them in the cube. In other words, there is no way you may ever use chippies in an item. Also, if you use a Gem Shrine, better make sure the gem was upgraded in the cube before or gets upgraded in the cube afterwards (i.e., if you use a Gem Shrine to create a Perfect Topaz out of a Flawless Topaz you just found, that Perfect Topaz may not be placed in an item, but may be used for other Cube recipes, e.g. to socket a normal body armor).
  • Weapons/Armors:there are lots of ways to create usable gear with the Horadric Cube (for a list with annotations see also my next post):
    • 4 Health Potions (of any type) + Ruby (any type) + Magical Sword = A Magic Sword of the Leech
    • 3 Standard Gems (normal) and 1 Socketed Weapon (Any Type) = 1 Socketed Magic Weapon (of same type)
    • 3 Chipped Gems + 1 Magic Weapon = Socketed Magic Weapon
    • 3 Flawless Gems + 1 Magic Weapon = Socketed Magic Weapon
    • 1 Tal Rune + 1 Thul Rune + 1 Perfect Topaz + Normal Body Armor = Socketed Body Armor of same type
    • 1 Ral Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Normal Weapon = Socketed Weapon of same type
    • 1 Ral Rune + 1 Thul Rune + 1 Perfect Sapphire + Normal Helm = Socketed Helm of same type
    • 1 Tal Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Ruby + Normal Shield = Socketed Shield of same type
    • 1 Eld Rune + 1 Chipped Gem + Low Quality Weapon = Normal Quality Weapon of same type
    • 1 El Rune + 1 Chipped Gem + Low Quality Armor = Normal Quality Armor of same type
    • 1 Ral Rune + 1 Sol Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Normal Unique Weapon = Exceptional Version of Weapon
    • 1 Tal Rune + 1 Shael Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond + Normal Unique Armor = Exceptional Version of Armor
    • 1 Lum Rune + 1 Pul Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Exceptional Unique Weapon = Elite Version of Weapon
    • 1 Ko Rune + 1 Lem Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond + Exceptional Unique Armor = Elite Version of Armor
    • 1 Ort Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Sapphire + Normal (Basic) Rare Weapon = Exceptional Rare Weapon
    • 1 Ral Rune + 1 Thul Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Normal (Basic) Rare Armor = Exceptional Rare Armor
    • 1 Fal Rune + 1 Um Rune + 1 Perfect Sapphire + Exceptional Rare Weapon = Elite Rare Weapon
    • 1 Ko Rune + 1 Pul Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Exceptional Rare Armor = Elite Rare Armor
    • Diamond (any quality) + 1 Staff (any type and quality) + 1 Kris (any quality) + 1 Belt (any type and quality) = Savage Polearm Class Weapon
    • 1 Magic Shield (any type) + 1 Spiked Club (any quality) + 2 Skulls (any quality) = Magic Shield of Spikes
    • 1 Axe + 1 Dagger = Throwing Axe
    • 1 Spear + 1 Quiver of Arrows = 1 Stack of Javelins
    • 6 Perfect Skulls + 1 Rare Item = 1 Random Low Quality Rare Item of the same type
    • 1 Perfect Skull + 1 Rare Item + Stone of Jordan = 1 High Quality New Rare Item of the same type
    • 3 Perfect Skulls + 1 Rare Item + Stone of Jordan = Add 1 Socket To a Rare Item
    • All crafting recipes

• Rings/Amulets:The following cube recipes will result in “legit” jewelry:
    • 3 Magic Amulets = 1 Random Magic Ring
    • 3 Magic Rings = 1 Random Magic Amulet
    • 1 Magic Ring + 1 Perfect Sapphire + 1 Thawing Potion = 1 Cobalt Ring
    • 1 Magic Ring + 1 Perfect Topaz + 1 Rejuvenation Potion = 1 Coral Ring
    • 1 Magic Ring + 1 Perfect Ruby + 1 Exploding Potion = 1 Garnet Ring
    • 1 Magic Ring + 1 Perfect Emerald + 1 Antidote Potion = 1 Jade Ring
    • 6 Perfect Gems (1 of each type) + 1 Amulet (Magic) = Prismatic Amulet
    • All crafting recipes

Quests and quest rewards:

• Quests, that alter or generate items (Charsi imbue, Larzuk socket, Ormus’ ring, Akara’s ring, Hellforge), can be collected, but you can only use the items, if they additionally got somehow altered in the Cube
  • One exception is Anya’s Personalization quest: you may use it on any item and are then allowed to use it, even if it hasn’t been altered by the Cube. This is the only way to make set items usable (and almost the only way to make elite uniques usable, unless you find a SoJ…). The reason? Well, everybody knows that once you are famous, you can put your signature on anything and it is considered art…

Signup and Progression:
Signup starts now. Please post regular updates – i.e. at least one per difficulty. One per Act would be even better.

Scoring/Winning:

• 1 point per Waypoint activated
  • 2 points per quest completed (that means, it has to be grayed out)
  • 5 bonus points if you get the Cube before completing another quest in Act II Normal
  • 10 bonus points if - after completing Normal difficulty - you have all slots equipped with cubed items
  • 20 Bonus points if you get your hands on “vanGogh’s String of Ears”
The participant with the highest score wins. In case of a tie, lower level wins. I will update the table in post #3 from time to time.

End of tournament/Reward:
The tournament ends, when google can’t find this thread anymore… :p Well, the official end is once there isn’t an update for 6 months. Then the winner will be crowned “Pablo Picasso’s heir”. People can still join afterwards, but can’t win the tournament anymore.

Good luck everyone! Feel free to ask questions anytime!

Credits:
Kretschmer, for his idea of a crafting tournament
jiansonz, for continuous inspiration in how to successfully play in a tournament

Links:
Horadric Cube recipes at the Arreat Summit
Hit Power Crafting Recipes
Blood Crafting Recipes
Caster Crafting Recipes
Safety Crafting Recipes

Here is a list of recipes you can use to create items, sorted by inventory slot:

[highlight]Weapons:[/highlight]

• 4 Health Potions (of any type) + Ruby (any type) + Magical Sword = A Magic Sword of the Leech
    • You can use this formula to get a Life Stealing sword. ilvl = 30. The sword will always have the "of the Leech" suffix (4-5% Life Stolen Per Hit) and has a chance at getting a prefix as well. The type of sword is retained. For example, a champion sword as input will give a champion sword as output.
  • 1 Spear + 1 Quiver of Arrows = 1 Stack of Javelins
    • Any class/type of Spear can be used.
  • 1 Axe + 1 Dagger = Throwing Axe
    • Any class/type of Axe can be used (i.e. magic/socketed/non magical axe/etc). Random quantity of throwing axes produced.
    • You can use this formula to get another chance at a Magic Item of the same type. The ilvl = ilvl. This means to use 100% of the ilvl of the input item. It's important to note the difference between "the ilvl is set to a fixed number" like what happens in some recipes and "the ilvl of the output is exactly the same as the ilvl of the input" as is the case here. Rare Items cannot be used with this formula to create new Rare Items.
  • Diamond (any quality) + 1 Staff (any type and quality) + 1 Kris (any quality) + 1 Belt (any type and quality) = Savage Polearm Class Weapon
    • ivl = 50. The polearm will always have the Savage prefix (66-80% Enhanced Damage) and has a chance at getting a suffix as well. The polearm will be one of the following, selected randomly: Bardiche, Battle Scythe, Bill, Halberd, Lochaber Axe, Partizan, Poleaxe, Scythe, Voulge, War Scythe (put another way, any normal polearm or any exceptional polearm other than Bec-de-Corbin and Grim Scythe).
  • 3 Standard Gems (normal) and 1 Socketed Weapon (Any Type) = 1 Socketed Magic Weapon (of same type)
    • This takes a socketed weapon and makes it a magic socketed weapon with a random number of sockets. This allows you to get new magic bonuses on an otherwise non magical weapon. The original weapon properties will be removed (rerolled) when the new weapon is created. ilvl = 30. It gets 1-2 sockets.
  • 3 Chipped Gems + 1 Magic Weapon = Socketed Magic Weapon
    • This adds sockets to a magic weapon. The original magic weapon properties will be removed (rerolled) when the new weapon is created. If you use this formula with a weapon that is not normally socketed such as a Javelin, this recipe will create a new magical weapon without any sockets. ilvl=25 magic weapon with 1-2 sockets.
  • 3 Flawless Gems + 1 Magic Weapon = Socketed Magic Weapon
    • This adds sockets to a magic weapon. The original magic weapon properties will be removed (rerolled) when the new weapon is created. If you use this formula with a weapon that is not normally socketed such as a Javelin, this recipe will create a new magical weapon without any sockets. ilvl=30 magic weapon with 1-2 sockets.
  • 1 Ral Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Normal Weapon = Socketed Weapon of same type
    • The number of sockets created will vary. The item must be normal and unsocketed. Low-quality items and superior items do not work. The item gets 1-6 sockets, randomly. However, the number of sockets is then restricted by the maximum number of sockets that base item with that ilvl can have. For example, if you have an item that can only have 2 sockets, there's a 5/6 chance of getting 2 sockets and a 1/6 chance of getting 1 socket.
  • 1 Eld Rune + 1 Chipped Gem + Low Quality Weapon = Normal Quality Weapon of same type
    • ilvl = 1. That is, regardless of what the ilvl was beforehand, it will be set to 1.
  • 1 Ral Rune + 1 Sol Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Normal Unique Weapon = Exceptional Version of Weapon
    • This formula changes the base item type from the normal to exceptional version. For example an Axe is turned into a Cleaver. This does NOT convert the item to the Exceptional Unique version of the Unique Item. Unique item bonuses remain the same; only the item it's based on is upgraded. This can be used to upgrade Ethereal Items also. They will continue to be Ethereal after they are upgraded. Also if the item is socketed, then jewels or runes and their mods will also remain.
  • 1 Lum Rune + 1 Pul Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Exceptional Unique Weapon = Elite Version of Weapon
    • This formula changes the base item type from the exceptional to elite version. For example a Cleaver is turned into a Small Crescent. This does NOT convert the item to the Elite Unique version of the Exceptional Unique Item. Unique item bonuses remain the same; only the item it's based on is upgraded. This can be used to upgrade Ethereal Items also. They will continue to be Ethereal after they are upgraded. Also if the item is socketed, then jewels or runes and their mods will also remain.
  • 1 Ort Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Sapphire + Normal (Basic) Rare Weapon = Exceptional Rare Weapon
    • The item type is upgraded.
  • 1 Fal Rune + 1 Um Rune + 1 Perfect Sapphire + Exceptional Rare Weapon = Elite Rare Weapon
    • The item type is upgraded.
  • 3 Perfect Skulls + 1 Rare Item + Stone of Jordan = Add 1 Socket To a Rare Item
    • Rare Items can only have one socket. You cannot add sockets to items that don't normally have sockets. You can not use this on a Rare with one socket. You can only add one socket to a zero socket Rare Item.
    • This formula has the possibility of creating a higher quality Rare Item than the following formula. ilvl = int(.66 * clvl) + int(.66 * ilvl) That is, the ilvl will be equal to .66 times your clvl (rounded down) plus .66 times the input item's ilvl (also rounded down).
    • You can use this formula to get another chance at a Rare Item of the same type. ilvl = int(.4 * clvl) + int(.4 * ilvl) Player level matters. This formula will not work on items larger than 3x2.
  • Hit Power Weapon: Magic Normal/Exceptional/Elite Blunt Weapon + Tir Rune + Perfect Sapphire + Any Jewel
    • + (35-60%) Enhanced Damage, 5% Chance To Cast Level 4 Frost Nova When Struck, Attacker Takes Damage of (3-7)
  • Blood Weapon: Magic Normal/Exceptional/Elite Axe: Ort Rune + Perfect Ruby + Any Jewel
    • + (35-60%) Enhanced Damage, (1-4)% Life Stolen Per Hit, +(10-20) To Life
  • Caster Weapon: Magic Normal/Exceptional/Elite Rod +Tir Rune + Perfect Amethyst + Any Jewel
    • Increase Maximum Mana (1-5)%, Regenerate Mana (4-10)%, + (10-20) To Mana
  • Safety Weapon:Magic Normal/Exceptional/Elite Spear or Javelin + Sol Rune + Perfect Emerald + Any Jewel
    • + (5-10%) Enhanced Defense, Magic Damage Reduced By (1-2), Damage Reduced By (1-4)
[highlight]Armor in general (all armor pieces):[/highlight]
  • 1 El Rune + 1 Chipped Gem + Low Quality Armor = Normal Quality Armor of same type
    • ilvl = 1. That is, regardless of what the ilvl was beforehand, it will be set to 1.
  • 1 Tal Rune + 1 Shael Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond + Normal Unique Armor = Exceptional Version of Armor
  • 1 Ko Rune + 1 Lem Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond + Exceptional Unique Armor = Elite Version of Armor
  • 1 Ral Rune + 1 Thul Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Normal (Basic) Rare Armor = Exceptional Rare Armor
  • 1 Ko Rune + 1 Pul Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Exceptional Rare Armor = Elite Rare Armor
    • You can use this formula to get another chance at a Magic Item of the same type. The ilvl = ilvl. This means to use 100% of the ilvl of the input item. It's important to note the difference between "the ilvl is set to a fixed number" like what happens in some recipes and "the ilvl of the output is exactly the same as the ilvl of the input" as is the case here. Rare Items cannot be used with this formula to create new Rare Items.
    • You can use this formula to get another chance at a Rare Item of the same type. ilvl = int(.4 * clvl) + int(.4 * ilvl) Player level matters. This formula will not work on items larger than 3x2.
    • This formula has the possibility of creating a higher quality Rare Item than the following formula. ilvl = int(.66 * clvl) + int(.66 * ilvl) That is, the ilvl will be equal to .66 times your clvl (rounded down) plus .66 times the input item's ilvl (also rounded down).

[highlight]Helms:[/highlight]
  • 1 Ral Rune + 1 Thul Rune + 1 Perfect Sapphire + Normal Helm = Socketed Helm of same type
    • The number of sockets created will vary. The item must be normal and unsocketed. Low-quality items and superior items do not work. The item gets 1-3 sockets, randomly. However, the number of sockets is then restricted by the maximum number of sockets that base item with that ilvl can have. For example, if you have an item that can only have 2 sockets, there's a 2/3 chance of getting 2 sockets and a 1/3 chance of getting 1 socket.
    • Rare Items can only have one socket. You cannot add sockets to items that don't normally have sockets. You can not use this on a Rare with one socket. You can only add one socket to a zero socket Rare Item.
  • Hit Power Helm: Magic Full Helm/Basinet/Giant Conch + Ith Rune + Perfect Sapphire + Any Jewel
    • (25-50) Defense vs. Missiles, 5% Chance To Cast Level 4 Frost Nova When Struck, Attacker Takes Damage of (3-7)
  • Blood Helm: Magic Helm/Casque/Armet + Ral Rune + Perfect Ruby + Any Jewel
    • 5-10% Deadly Strike, (1-3)% Life Stolen Per Hit, +(10-20) To Life
  • Caster Helm: Magic Mask/Death Mask/Demonhead Mask + Nef Rune + Perfect Amethyst + Any Jewel
    • (1-4)% Mana Stolen Per Hit, Regenerate Mana (4-10)%, + (10-20) To Mana
  • Safety Helm: Magic Crown/Grand Crown/Corona + Ith Rune + Perfect Emerald + Any Jewel
    • + (10-30)% Enhanced Defense, Lightning Resist + (5-10)%, Magic Damage Reduced By (1-2), Damage Reduced By (1-4)

[highlight]Body Armor:[/highlight]
  • 1 Tal Rune + 1 Thul Rune + 1 Perfect Topaz + Normal Body Armor = Socketed Body Armor of same type
    • The number of sockets created will vary. The item must be normal and unsocketed. Low-quality items and superior items do not work. The item gets 1-4 sockets, randomly. However, the number of sockets is then restricted by the maximum number of sockets that base item with that ilvl can have. The chance to get X sockets in most armor is 1/4 (I.E: Mage plate has a max of 3 sockets, so it has a 2/4 [1/2] chance to get 3 sockets). The base of 6 was used in the ratios for all the above mentioned areas.
  • Hit Power Body: Magic Field Plate/Sharktooth Armor/Kraken Shell + Nef Rune + Perfect Sapphire + Any Jewel
    • 10-20% Faster Hit Recovery, 5% Chance To Cast Level 4 Frost Nova When Struck, Attacker Takes Damage of (3-10)
  • Blood Body: Magic Plate Mail/Templar Coat/Hellforge Plate + Thul Rune + Perfect Ruby + Any Jewel
    • + (1-3) Life Per Demon Kill, (1-3)% Life Stolen Per Hit, +(10-20) To Life
  • Caster Body: Magic Light Plate/Mage Plate/Archon Plate + Tal Rune + Perfect Amethyst + Any Jewel
    • + (1-3) Mana Per Kill, Regenerate Mana (4-10)%, + (10-20) To Mana
  • Safety Body: Magic Breast Plate/Cuirass/Great Hauberk + Eth Rune + Perfect Emerald + Any Jewel
    • + (10-30)% Enhanced Defense, Half Freeze Duration, Magic Damage Reduced By (1-2), Damage Reduced By (1-4)

[highlight]Shields:[/highlight]
  • 1 Magic Shield (any type) + 1 Spiked Club (any quality) + 2 Skulls (any quality) = Magic Shield of Spikes
    • ilvl=30. The shield will always have the "of Spikes" suffix (Attacker Takes Damage of 4-6) and has a chance at getting a prefix as well. The type of shield is retained, and any type of shield (including paladin shields and necromancer shrunken heads) works as input.
  • 1 Tal Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Ruby + Normal Shield = Socketed Shield of same type
    • The number of sockets created will vary. The item must be normal and unsocketed. Low-quality items and superior items do not work. The item gets 1-4 sockets, randomly. However, the number of sockets is then restricted by the maximum number of sockets that base item with that ilvl can have. For example, if you have an item that can only have 2 sockets, there's a 3/4 chance of getting 2 sockets and a 1/4 chance of getting 1 socket.
  • Hit Power Shield: Magic Gothic Shield/Ancient Shield/Ward + Eth Rune + Perfect Sapphire + Any Jewel
    • (5-10%) Increased Chance of Blocking, 5% Chance To Cast Level 4 Frost Nova When Struck, Attacker Takes Damage of (3-10)
  • Blood Shield: Magic Spiked Shield/Barbed Shield/Blade Barrier + Ith Rune + Perfect Ruby + Any Jewel
    • Attacker Takes Damage of (4-7), (1-3)% Life Stolen Per Hit, +(10-20) To Life
  • Caster Shield: Magic Small Shield/Round Shield/Luna + Eth Rune + Perfect Amethyst + Any Jewel
    • + (5-10)% Increased Chance Of Blocking, Regenerate Mana (4-10)%, + (10-20) To Mana
  • Safety Shield: Magic Kite Shield/Dragon Shield/Monarch + Nef Rune + Perfect Emerald + Any Jewel
    • + (10-30)% Enhanced Defense, Magic Resistance +(5-10)%, Magic Damage Reduced By (1-2), Damage Reduced By (1-4)

[highlight]Belts:[/highlight]
  • Hit Power Belt: Magic Heavy Belt/Battle Belt/Troll Belt + Tal Rune + Perfect Sapphire + Any Jewel
    • (5-10) % Damage Goes to Mana, 5% Chance To Cast Level 4 Frost Nova When Struck, Attacker Takes Damage of (3-7)
  • Blood Belt: Magic Belt/Mesh Belt/Mithril Coil + Tal Rune + Perfect Ruby + Any Jewel
    • Open Wounds (5-10)%, (1-3)% Life Stolen Per Hit, +(10-20) To Life
  • Caster Belt: Magic Light Belt/Sharkskin Belt/Vampirefang Belt + Ith Rune + Perfect Amethyst + Any Jewel
    • 5-10% Faster Cast Rate, Regenerate Mana (4-10)%, + (10-20) To Mana
  • Safety Belt: Magic Sash/Demonhide Sash/Spiderweb Sash + Tal Rune + Perfect Emerald + Any Jewel
    • + (10-30)% Enhanced Defense, Poison Resist +(5-10)%, Magic Damage Reduced By (1-2) Damage Reduced By (1-4)

[highlight]Boots:[/highlight]
  • Hit Power Boots: Magic Chain/Mesh/Boneweave Boots + Ral Rune + Perfect Sapphire + Any Jewel
    • (25-50) Defense vs. Melee, 5% Chance To Cast Level 4 Frost Nova When Struck, Attacker Takes Damage of (3-7)
  • Blood Boots: Magic Light Plated Boots/Battle Boots/Mirrored Boots + Eth Rune + Perfect Ruby + Any Jewel
    • Replenish Life + (5-10), (1-3)% Life Stolen Per Hit, +(10-20) To Life
  • Caster Boots: Magic Boots/Demonhide Boots/Wyrmhide Boots + Thul Rune + Perfect Amethyst + Any Jewel
    • Increase Maximum Mana (2-5)%, Regenerate Mana (4-10)%, + (10-20) To Mana
  • Safety Boots: Magic Greaves/War Boots/Myrmidon Boots + Ort Rune + Perfect Emerald + Any Jewel
    • + (10-30)% Enhanced Defense, Fire Resist + (5-10)%, Magic Damage Reduced By (1-2), Damage Reduced By (1-4)

[highlight]Gloves:[/highlight]
  • Hit Power Gloves: Magic Chain Gloves/Heavy Bracers/Vambraces + Ort Rune + Perfect Sapphire + Any Jewel
    • Knockback, 5% Chance To Cast Level 4 Frost Nova When Struck, Attacker Takes Damage of (3-7)
  • Blood Gloves: Magic Heavy Gloves/Sharkskin Gloves/Vampirebone Gloves + Nef Rune + Perfect Ruby + Any Jewel
    • Crushing Blow (5-10)%, (1-3)% Life Stolen Per Hit, +(10-20) To Life
  • Caster Gloves: Magic Leather Gloves/Demonhide Gloves/Bramble Mitts + Ort Rune + Perfect Amethyst + Any Jewel
    • + (1-3) Mana Per Kill, Regenerate Mana (4-10)%, + (10-20) To Mana
  • Safety Gloves: Magic Gauntlets/War Gauntlets/Ogre Gauntlets + Ral Rune + Perfect Emerald + Any Jewel
    • + (10-30)% Enhanced Defense, Cold Resist + (5-10)%, Magic Damage Reduced By (1-2), Damage Reduced By (1-4)

[highlight]Rings:[/highlight]
  • 3 Magic Amulets = 1 Random Magic Ring
    • Save any unwanted amulets for the chance of getting a high quality ring. ilvl = int(.75 * clvl). This means at Character Level 65, ilvl = 48. So any Magical Prefix or Suffix with a level of 48 and below might be available.
  • 1 Magic Ring + 1 Perfect Emerald + 1 Antidote Potion = 1 Jade Ring
    • Use this formula to create a Poison Resistance Ring. The Jade Ring has a random percentage (21-30%) of Poison Resistance. You may also receive an additional Magic Suffix. ilvl=30.
  • 1 Magic Ring + 1 Perfect Ruby + 1 Exploding Potion = 1 Garnet Ring
    • Use this formula to create a Fire Resistance Ring. The Garnet Ring has a random percentage (21-30%) of Fire Resistance. You may also receive an additional Magic Suffix. ilvl=30.
  • 1 Magic Ring + 1 Perfect Topaz + 1 Rejuvenation Potion = 1 Coral Ring
    • Use this formula to create a Lightning Resistance Ring. The Coral Ring has a random percentage (21-30%) of Lightning Resistance. You may also receive an additional Magic Suffix. ilvl=30.
  • 1 Magic Ring + 1 Perfect Sapphire + 1 Thawing Potion = 1 Cobalt Ring
    • Use this formula to create a Cold Resistance Ring. The Cobalt Ring has a random percentage (21-30%) of Cold Resistance. You may also receive an additional Magic Suffix. ilvl=30.
  • Hit Power Ring: Magic Ring + Amn Rune + Perfect Sapphire + Any Jewel
    • + (1-5) To Dexterity, 5% Chance To Cast Level 4 Frost Nova When Struck, Attacker Takes Damage of (3-6)
  • Blood Ring: Magic Ring + Sol Rune + Perfect Ruby + Any Jewel
    • + (1-5) To Strength, (1-3)% Life Stolen Per Hit, +(10-20) To Life
  • Caster Ring: Magic Ring + Amn Rune + Perfect Amethyst + Any Jewel
    • + (1-5) To Energy, Regenerate Mana (4-10)%, + (10-20) To Mana
  • Safety Ring: Magic Ring + Amn Rune + Perfect Emerald + Any Jewel
    • + (1-5) To Vitality, Magic Damage Reduced By (1-2), Damage Reduced By (1-4)

[highlight]Amulets:[/highlight]
  • 6 Perfect Gems (1 of each type) + 1 Amulet (Magic) = Prismatic Amulet
    • Use this formula to create an Amulet with Resistance to all. ilvl = 50. The amulet will always have the Prismatic prefix (All Resistances +16-20) and has a chance at getting a suffix as well.
  • 3 Magic Rings = 1 Random Magic Amulet
    • Save any unwanted rings for the chance of getting a high quality amulet. ilvl = int(.75 * clvl). This means at Character Level 65, ilvl = 48. So any Magical Prefix or Suffix with a level of 48 and below might be available. Since +2 to Skills amulets have a level of 90, it's not possible to create a +2 to skills Amulet with this formula.
    • You can use this formula to get another chance at a Magic Item of the same type. The ilvl = ilvl. This means to use 100% of the ilvl of the input item. It's important to note the difference between "the ilvl is set to a fixed number" like what happens in some recipes and "the ilvl of the output is exactly the same as the ilvl of the input" as is the case here. You can use this formula (with an Amulet) to create a +2 Skills Amulet. And you cannot gamble one before Character Level 84. Be warned however, that the chances of getting that on an Amulet might be very low (considering everything is available) and it might take a lot of tries. Rare Items cannot be used with this formula to create new Rare Items.
  • Hit Power Amulet: Magic Amulet + Thul Rune + Perfect Sapphire + Any Jewel
    • Hit Causes Monster To Flee (3-11)%, 5% Chance To Cast Level 4 Frost Nova When Struck, Attacker Takes Damage of (3-10)
  • Blood Amulet: Magic Amulet + Amn Rune + Perfect Ruby + Any Jewel
    • 5-10% Faster Run/Walk, (1-4)% Life Stolen Per Hit, +(10-20) To Life
  • Caster Amulet: Magic Amulet + Ral Rune + Perfect Amethyst + Any Jewel
    • (5-10)% Faster Cast Rate, Regenerate Mana (4-10)%, + (10-20) To Mana
  • Safety Amulet: Magic Amulet + Thul Rune + Perfect Emerald + Any Jewel
    • + (1-10)% Increased Chance Of Blocking, Magic Damage Reduced By (1-2), Damage Reduced By (1-4)

[highlight]Charms:[/highlight]
[highlight]Jewels:[/highlight]

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High