2014 RFO Sign-Up and Running Thread [by Gripphon]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @Gripphon on Aug 2, 2014.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

Welcome to the Travincal RFO, Summer 2014. In this thread players sign-up and talk about RFO related stuff. Anyone can compete, it is not important are you HC, SC player or do you have or don't have trade profile.

What is RFO?
RFO stands for Rune-Find-Olympics. As name states, here we hunt runes, the more the better! For Um+ runes you get points and winner is player who has most points.

When is RFO?
Starts in 11th August at 00:00, ends in 24th August 11:59pm.

Rules and info

1. Area we run is Travincal, in both 1.13 and 1.07 versions. Monsters we kill are known as Council Members: 3 bosses and their 8 minions.

2. Running time is limited to 20 hours of playing (when you mule, you can pause clock/counter or whatever you use). However, when you finish your 20 hours of running, you can start a new batch of running which is again limited to 20 hours of playing. There is no limit to how many batches you can run

3. You are not allowed to start a new batch as long as you don't finish full 20 hours of previous one.

4. Each batch is scored individually. Every batch will be included in final scoring.

5. Screenshots of runes are not required, however I assume you will take screenshots of runes for trading purposes anyway + it might be cool to see some epic 1.07 drop.

6. You can combine running of 1.07 and 1.13 Travincal if you want to.

7. Cubing runes into higher ones is not allowed. In other words don't cube Pul runes into Um to get score.

Scoring

Scoring is based on rarity of the rune, so don't be surprised if lower level rune brings more points than some higher level rune. To determine points for 1.07 Travincal I used data from ATMA and compared rarity of the runes there with rarity of the runes in 1.13. I took 1.13 Mal worth as 5 points, so scoring of all other runes is based on that.

1.13 Travincal:
Mal 5.0
Um 5.1
Gul 7.1
Ist 7.5
Ohm 10.1
Vex 10.6
Sur 13.7
Lo 15.1
Jah 18.3
Ber 20.5
Cham 27.5

1.07 Travincal:
Um 13.4
Mal 17.8
Ist 26.8
Gul 35.6
Vex 53.4
Ohm 70.6
Lo 106.0
Sur 142.3
Ber 213.4
Jo 284.3
Cham 426.4

All Um+ runes you find will be scored for the final score. So, if you find 10 Um runes in 20 hours of running, your score will be 10*5.1=51.

Prize
Winner of RFO will get nice symbolic item.

Code:
Travincal's Rune Master
Ettin Axe
One-Hand Damage: 176 to 357
Durability: 13 of 13
Required Dexterity: 35
Required Strength: 135
Required Level: 72
Axe Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x7962ca42
+261% Enhanced Damage
+5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Cannot Be Frozen
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (5: 0 used)

Have fun everyone and good luck!

Last edited:
-------------
Gripphon

--------------
-------------
Gripphon
Pharphis

--------------

Can't wait to lose :D (1.07). We'll see if I can even manage an um rune :p Finally found my highest monster dropped rune today which is pul...
-------------
Gripphon
Pharphis
Espr

--------------
-------------
Gripphon
Pharphis
Espr
Thyiad

--------------
-------------
Gripphon
Pharphis
Espr
Thyiad
horseheadnebula

--------------
These Olympics are fun and a great idea; an opportunity to see how the pros play D2 as well. I'm hoping to find a Ber to make my first 'Enigma' armor. Good luck to other entrants. May the wealth flow into our stashes!

-------------
Gripphon
Pharphis
Espr
Thyiad
horseheadnebula
Saluki

--------------
Don't think I won't be cubing and picking up garbage in these runs just because it wastes my total time ;)
-------------
Gripphon
Pharphis
Espr
Thyiad
horseheadnebula
Saluki
Zylo

--------------
-------------
Gripphon
Pharphis
Espr
Thyiad
horseheadnebula
Saluki
Zylo
Dazliare

--------------

This is perfect. The POE expansion doesn't come out until 08/20, so I was looking for something interesting in the meantime. I'll use my Death Zealot. Definitely going to need to spend some time rerolling maps!
I'm eager to see how this goes for you guys!
That's a cool prize item. I'd be interested to see what people could do with that. 5 empty sockets on an eth unique? The possibilities are endless.
Actually.. the point of that item is the name ( Travincal's rune master )

Interestingly 'Rune Master' is also the name of a skill in Median XL, and a type of NPC in Sacred 2.
-------------
Gripphon
Pharphis
Espr
Thyiad
horseheadnebula
Saluki
Zylo
Dazliare
uglyfred

--------------

I'm in.

I'm going full GF/gambling though, so my pace will be noticeably slower than most. Hopefully I'll get a full 20 hour set, but won't have as much time for running as I did for the MFO. Good luck all.
No, I totally understand that, but it is just a bizarre item additionally. :)
What's everyone running?

I've got a sorcesses, a Barb and a Pally available and right now, I'm leaning to the Pally.
I'm going to be running my barb. Before the pindle detour, trav was his original intended destination. I've been eyeing my blizzard sorc a little, but I've yet to put together a set up I'm really happy with for trav running with her, so she'll likely sit out this one.
Wolfbarb for me. But my speeds are not fast, I didn't break 1 minute per run. I don't have enigma and probably need to up my frw. I switched harmony in for my weapon switch and it seemed to help a bit.
I hear frozzzen will be running with his Rabies druid. Make way as the true champion graces us with his presence.
pharphis likes this
RFO starts in few days. Sign up people!

-------------
Gripphon
Pharphis
Espr
Thyiad
horseheadnebula
Saluki
Zylo
Dazliare
uglyfred
BlizzBallerSorc
--------------

Just for fun I'll sign up! I probably won't get the 20 hours (work, dissertation, etc.) but I need runes anyway. Since my main goal is to get runes I desperately need, and I'm not going to win anyway, I'll run 1.13d exclusively. :)

I'll be using my Blizzard/Fireball Sorc that my forum name derives from.
That's the spirit! I'm mostly considering it an excuse to put in some time running trav for runes, too. :)
-------------
Gripphon
Pharphis
Espr
Thyiad
horseheadnebula
Saluki
Zylo
Dazliare
uglyfred
BlizzBallerSorc
Pyrotechnician
--------------

Chances of getting more than 10 hours in. Slim.
Chances of breaking 1 minute run times. Slim.

Running with zerker barb most likely. May break out the blizz sorc, depending on how daring I get.
-------------
Gripphon
Pharphis
Espr
Thyiad
horseheadnebula
Saluki
Zylo
Dazliare
uglyfred
BlizzBallerSorc
Pyrotechnician
franklin
--------------

Chances of getting more than 10 hours in. Very possible
Chances of getting more than 20 hours in. Slim
Chances of breaking 1 minute run times. Slim, I like to Dilly-Dally around
Chances of getting Kate Upton: Likely
-------------
Gripphon
Pharphis
Espr
Thyiad
horseheadnebula
Saluki
Zylo
Dazliare
uglyfred
BlizzBallerSorc
Pyrotechnician
franklin
nulio
--------------

What runes do we need to screenshot?
I think screenshots won't be needed, too much trouble. Only final results to my mail which I will provide. I assume players will still take screenshots for trading purposes, and it would be awesome to see 1.07 high rune drop on screenshot as well.
-------------
Gripphon
Pharphis
Espr
Thyiad
horseheadnebula
Saluki
Zylo
Dazliare
uglyfred
BlizzBallerSorc
Pyrotechnician
franklin
nulio
hernang
--------------
the Prize is freaking awesome, I'm tempted to join but barely no time and I only do /players 8 :(

gl hf!
You can bet I'll SS pretty much anything ko+ in 1.07 lol
-------------
Gripphon
Pharphis
Espr
Thyiad
horseheadnebula
Saluki
Zylo
Dazliare
uglyfred
BlizzBallerSorc
Pyrotechnician
franklin
nulio
hernang
Nagisa
--------------
-------------
Gripphon
Pharphis
Espr
Thyiad
horseheadnebula
Saluki
Zylo
Dazliare
uglyfred
BlizzBallerSorc
Pyrotechnician
franklin
nulio
hernang
Nagisa
maareek
frozzzen
--------------
(11:05:01)<frozzzen3>maareek plz edit your last post and put me in

-------------
Gripphon
Pharphis
Espr
Thyiad
horseheadnebula
Saluki
Zylo
Dazliare
uglyfred
BlizzBallerSorc
Pyrotechnician
franklin
nulio
hernang
Nagisa
maareek
theonetruegod
--------------
Well it was nice competing. Congrats froz
Gg everyone. Go home.
-------------
Gripphon
Pharphis
Espr
Thyiad
horseheadnebula
Saluki
Zylo
Dazliare
uglyfred
BlizzBallerSorc
Pyrotechnician
franklin
nulio
hernang
Nagisa
maareek
theonetruegod
bassano
--------------

I really do not want miss this party, even mareeek is here
I hope in some decent fight to not finish last with very limited amount of time I have to run crap like travincal :)
Good luck, everyone!

For everyone who didn't join, you can join anytime you want before RFO ends.
Indeed, best of luck everyone!
2x Ko last night :D Screw qualifiers :p
Holy crap it's bassano! Long time no see, man, hope everything is going great for you. :)

Good luck to everyone.
So I've been slowly building confidence in my ability to notice items while horking, getting my run times down nicely. Then I noticed at a certain density/arrangement of items hork items stop flashing to the top, but flash "under" items, making staggering horks to work at noticing items faster (until I can go at full FCR rate) pointless. I noticed a few horks where there wasn't even a flash at all, but that may have been a blind spot situation. :\

Somewhat disheartened to be back at square one for this figuring out how to quickly loot in trav thing, but alas...

I had thought I'd have it figured out with the idea that all horks came to the top, and that the "flashes" to watch for were items coming to the top and then being replaced by rapid horks after wards, and not the loot drop animation itself, but if it's the latter I'm not really sure how to practice that. If it's the former and maybe I just had a double hork and didn't notice then I can continue to practice at that, and stop being paranoid. @_@

Can any pro-horkers make a determination as to which it is for me?

You really gotta prep the loogie before launch. If it's not thick enough it won't stick enough
Gross. Funny, but gross.
Apparently you become complete trash at this game if you play it only twice a year.

I'm pretty sure this is /p3, but the amount of drops seem suspiciously low.

Missed 2 items or so, because "when you try hard you fail hard".

[YOUTUBE]YdpirwlmRJQ[/YOUTUBE]

inb4removerino
That is the best travsorc I've seen in my whole life! I think we got a winner in here. How to compete against such power? Oh yes, there is also Frozzzen, sub 20 sec travsorc. Not as awesome as Nagi, but still crazy. Sorcs should be banned from this competition, they are too stronk.
#removetrolls

Also, 1/10 for music, 1/10 for horrible referential humor and 1/10 for being 1 sec slower than old man (also that 1 sec seems very long in terms of council killing time when I compare our runs). When you removerino will get another 1/10 for total 4/10. Not bad for first try, but you still need to eat lots of ketchup to get to grip tier trolllvl.
Few things that can make you miss less items.
1. Kill last 2-3 council member with holding alt and scouting for items. That makes sure you won't miss something when you first kill them all.
2. Learn to hork with holding alt constantly. Many players hork the way they first hork body, then they press alt, then they let alt go before going to hork a new body, then press alt again... No, that is not it in case you are doing it. That way you will miss any flash cause they appear on a very short time after the hork. Some flashes don't appear, that is correct, but holding alt minimizes the chances of missing rune.
3. Hork from the right to the left. Items tend to flood toward the right side, so if you first hork bodies that are at right side, you are likely to scout for most items that drop.
4. Learn your map and where are places that items usually drop and don't display. Then learn where should you stand to scout for those areas as well. This method takes time. Learn to spot situations where you should use "walking technique" to scout for items that drop. This means going to the spot where most of items are displayed on alt, then simply perform a short walk and scout for orange flash.

All this will make sure you miss rune rarely, but I suppose it will still happen. Maps have certain blind spots and sometimes perhaps none of this will reveal the item that dropped there. Don't worry however, situations when items are too stubborn to display are rare. I had situation when rune dropped and had no freaking way to reveal it. Walked left, walked right, teled around, rune didn't show. Then I had to pick up gold and stuff to finally be able to see rune. I saw the flash however so I knew it was there.

What if you don't see flash and rune does drop, but you are unable to reveal it? Nothing, you will miss that rune. It will happen sometimes, but very rare. I personally have blind spot on my map and usually don't care too much to scout did something drop there. It's area of usually 2-3 items most. If Cham drops there and I miss flash, I will miss it. That's the life of a barbarian. Luckily blind spot is not always a blind spot, only occasionally when there are tons of items on screen.
Or alternatively, just make blizzard sorc and remove all doubts about those issues \o/
Froz so afraid of barbs that he is suggesting his opponents to play sorc \o/
So apparently my poor lvl 86 Blizzard / Fireball sorc is a tad too underpowered or my merc is too squishy for these Trav runs. I can do them, but it's rough. What I wouldn't do for an Infinity right now!
But, hey, at least I'm giving it a go.
I called Nagisa out on a part of his video, so he demanded the right to return the favor, and rightly so.

You'll notice I still need practice.

Notes:
-The ending used to be even more awkward and awful, including the final line "CEO of the Blame Nagisa Corporation" but apparently I stopped recording too soon and FRAPS didn't save the Blame Nagisa Co. part.

-Also, I couldn't get FRAPS to record in windowed mode and I couldn't get my main install to run in full screen so I did a bunch of tinkering with a copy+pasted folder. End result: I got fullscreen to work, but it wouldn't save between runs. I had to restart 3 times thanks to merc deaths (ie. he died and when I started the next run he was miraculously still alive). Clearly this means nothing was kept (not even an option) and the runs weren't counted.

-Lastly, yes, I saw I missed that jewel. :(
@ Nagisa: Am I crazy, or were you using Telekinesis to keep from having to walk to the actual WP in Pandemonium to get to Trav? o_O In my 12ish years of playing D2 i've never once used TK, and if it has that ability, then all I can do is smack my head.. for being so oblivious... xD
TK WPs and TPs all day err day
Maareek, it sounds like your character ended up being saved to the windows Vista/7/8 virtual store folder that is used when a program attempts to write to the programs directory without administrator privileges. If an existing file with the same name already exists in the program files directory, however, it will always be read instead of the virtualstore copy leading to the weird effects you were seeing. The solution would be to run Diablo 2 with administrator priveledges or to move your character files to the virtual store folder which is probably much more convoluted than the first option. You could recover your latest character save, assuming you haven't played further with your regular install by visiting the virtualstore folder which should be accessible via the path"%APPDATA%\..\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)"
Good grief. How are you guys killing so fast? What amount of damage are these characters doing on average?
@Pyro: Ah, yes, I did derp on setting that shortcut to run as admin (well, more to the point the copy was in My Documents so setting as admin didn't even occur to me as necessary.) Good call. I'll keep that in mind if I need to run that method again, thanks. :)

@BBS: I'm no Grief damage scientist (neither is the LCS, for that matter), so I'm not sure exactly how much damage my barb is doing, but it's not a small number. Nagisa's sorc is doing somewhere in the neighborhood of 8k damage with Blizzard. As for how ... lots of time spent getting lots of items and lots of practice. Also Nagisa is just ridiculously good.
Thanks for the response! Well, I understand the how as in good equipment, but I just didn't understand how the monsters were going down so fast. :)
That makes sense. I think my sorc is just too underpowered at the moment to get much more damage at the moment without a respec. I have at least found some Rals and Sols, however, haha.
Since people are putting videos... This is the barb I'm currently playing on RFO.

[youtube]VT8rWMVHJHw[/youtube]
Right, I'm already doing that, except holding alt the whole time while whirling. The issue is I thought it went like this:

Hork > Items fly to the top > if you stop horking they will stay on the top > QED I am watching for flashes inbetween horks, not the initial flash before items resettle.

However if that stops working like that at a certain density, leading me to believe (and I think you answers point to this) that it is in fact the minute flash during drop animation before items settle that I'm supposed to be watching.

The latter is obviously much harder to do/practice.

Also, cool videos everyone!
Grip re-re-re-re-re-confirmed most OP player in universe.
I don't know if we're doing the whole don't talk about drops thing for this, but I'm about 350 runs in, with pretty much crap to show for it :( I've gotten a few keeper charms and two facets though, so it's actually been a good time. Hoping to get more runs in this weekend. I'd definitely like to break 1,000 runs.

Only one 1.07 jah so far. Hoping for another in the remaining 18 hours for this 20 hr set.:cool:
Gripp, good job showing all of these video recording nubs what trav running is all about.

It took me some more thinking to remember why you would still need to run as admin in the My Documents folder. That would be because D2 saves the save path in the registry so your copy would still be saving back into the original install location.
Ahhhh, that makes sense. More reason to be unlazy and just put an install on the C drive. Thanks, again!

Agreed.
All of you should just quit now, since I'm so far ahead and all.

/thread
500 runs with no qualifiers. I'm starting to lose hope :(
I knew I wasn’t going to win this against you veterans, but just decided to give it a go in case some nice runes dropped for me. No such luck, but the joke's on the Council! They gave me enough Pgems that I can now trade for the runes I needed.
crap, I dreamt I found a qualifier. *sigh*
I think you guys are supposed to be yelling at Fabian.
It's not literal though. He looked at the rarities for Mal+, and normalized it to Mal. For example, give Mal a rarity of 1. If Ist is 1.5x rarer than Mal, then it gets a value of 1.5. Say Cham is 100x rarer, then Cham has 100 rarity.

Across multiple runs, it should average out to finding 1 rarity every 11.4 minutes. That could mean you find nothing for 18 hours of playing, but then find Cham, and the numbers would work out to "Mal every 11.4 minutes". I'm making up the numbers, but that's all that number means.

I don't think 500 in a row without mal+ is outrageous, just a little disheartening. It's certainly not "normal", but maybe I'll get lucky in the future.
how many hours for 500 runs?
Fabian intentionally using misleading text in order to get people to play his build? Never!

(500 runs over 3 hours here. lolfinds.)
About 6 hours. I'm averaging ~44s per run on my paladin, but I waste a lot of time IDing charms/jewels/possible rares.
Jah right!
Is there a trick to keeping your merc up when the council has conviction? I'm playing /p5.
Overbuffing fire resistance can help. As can copious amounts of MDR (applied before resistances, and therefore unaffected by conviction). Otherwise it helps to draw more of the fire (pun not intende) to yourself.
Conviction aura is level 10 from Travincal boss, which means it lowers your resistances by 75%. Might merc on level 91 has 155 allresist by default. Using Kira's (65@ let's say) + Guardian Angel your merc has 220 allresist, capped on 90@ with GA. Under conviction he would have 145 resists. To get to 190 you need 45 additional fire resist anywhere on equipment to have merc with 90 fire res under conviction.

Easiest way is to put Ral rune into Kira's Guardian and Ral rune into upped GA (eth would be awesome to have). That way merc will be able to ignore conviction, except his defense will be lowered by 80% meaning he will take more damage from physical attacks at average, but at least hydras will be pretty much negated. But, having lowered defense doesn't mean too much for your merc, hydras are the one doing the most of the damage.
Interesting--I was having similar problems, so I may have to try something like this. I need to see if I have Kira's, though.
Oh boy... I'm going to chalk this up to lack of sleep. I had Shael runes in both Kira's and GA, and didn't even notice.... Freshly socketed with the appropriate runes, his survivability has greatly increased. Yeah... I'll just be sitting here quietly, in the corner, if anyone needs me.
My blizzard sorc running Travincal on p3. Hardest part of playing sorc is to roll map where all minions are clustered. But, once you do, it all becomes simple routine as showed in video, with small variations on it. Simple to build, simple to play.

[youtube]dv90qj0OqHI[/youtube]
[Insert usual comment here.]

RFO is done for me. Where do I send results? :p

Runes to me.

Score to someone else.
Crappy internet, etc. What were the runes found in the video? :p
Ber in fourth run, and Sur after that.

Nagi already finished 20 hours? OP.
You can send results to [email protected]
Wow, grip, you don't even skill-tab tele to the council. There goes 0.4 sec every run
tumblr_mg0kejDzR61rw0x65o1_500.gif
I've actually started running. Re-rolled the map a few times. Using the Pally because I cannot WW for my life.
Well with Grip showing how to be an inhuman, nearly god-like trav runner, I figured I'd give you good folk a peak at something a little more human, aka mistake ridden runs. Laugh, facepalm, shake your head, but most of all, enjoy!

Edit: I didn't figure I could even come close to talking and playing with this character, so feel free to play your own music over the video. I suggest Kpop or Blue Sky Black Death, as they were what contributed to my "practice" for these runs.
crap, these sorc runs look too viable. No sifting through items :/

How do I do this in HC?
So you can use TK to open a TP from a distance, 12 years playing D2 and I'm still learning!!
Marek confirmed godly sorc player. What's next, Nagisa's sub 18sec sorc?

1.07 Shako, 1.07 Arkaine's Valor, Spirit shield (35 fcr), Death Fathom, 10 fcr amulet, Arachnid Mesh, Trang claws, 2x Soj, boots with resists, skillers with life/stats, small charms to get full resists or upgrade mana and life.

With such equipment you would have 110 FR (assuming 30 Fathom), 95 LR (assuming 30 Fathom), 95 CR, + socket in Shako, Ark, Fathom, resists from boots, amulet and charms, 3k+ life if using beta cta. Possibly better choice is Maras amulet + fcr/mana/resists/life ring unless you have good amulet. With that switch your damage will be a tiny bit lower, but more life, resists, mana etc. I'm positive that you can do 95% as efficient running as presented in the videos here without real fear of death.
How big of a difference does fathom make to dps (my highest is 26 or so iirc)? I probably only have about 4-5 cold skillers, too...

would ravenfrost or something make a huge difference against conviction + CE?
Maareek, how can you even play without full juvs in your belt? A couple of those runs I would have noped the f out of there.
Well, since obvious second choice is hoto which gives 3 skills just like Fathom does, difference in dps is then 26% (or 31% if you put 5% facet in it).

Possibly best thing to do is to overstack resistances if you are afraid of death. You need to have 250 resist to have it maxed under Conviction in Travincal.

Cold damage from CE from Travincal boss is 728-730 as I understand from Basin wiki, so 729 avg. On 175 resists thats 182 damage per nova, or 364 if critical hit. With Conviction, you have 0 cold resist and damage becomes 729 or 1458 if critical. With Ravenfrost, normal damage will be 218 under critical, and 437/874 under Conviction (if 175 cold resist). So, if you are scared of CE, safest thing to do is to overstack cold resist and use Soj instead which gives you much more than Ravenfrost does.

Assuming you use Mara's + rare fcr ring combo, and let's say you find ring with 20+ cold resist and boots with 30+ cold resists, with given equipment in previous post you would already have 175 cold resists and 3 open sockets to improve whatever you want. If you put facet in Fathom and Um+Um in Shako and Arkaine's, your resists would look like this (assuming 30 Fathom on each resist which is lowish roll): 205 CR, 155 LR (if none on ring or boots), 170 FR (if none on ring or boots). Im pretty sure you have fcr ring with high dual resists as well as matching rare boots. With all that, you are pretty much covered in resists. You can easily put some grand charm with life and high cold resist to overstack a bit more and get closer to desired 250, or use small charms for it. Last option is to use Ravenfrost, but SoJ will give you skill and more mana which you actually need, and having sorc with over 3k life with overstacked cold resist, I don't really think you should be afraid of anything in Travincal except porting into might/fanaticism.
Hmm, ok. Now I also don't have infinity... how big of a difference does that make? I could use either beta CM thresher or insight.
I also always use 1 pt ES which I assume should help with the safety issue a bit
It basically means a loss of 1.x council members a run.
Going with shoppable potions was frozzzen's suggestion, and it worked pretty well. I normally run with 2 rows of reds, 1 of purples and 1 of blues so using reds isn't that strange to me. I was churning through blues really quickly most of the runs, so I was glad to have the two rows and I only remember a few times where I wished I had rejuvs. Saving muling time on them was worth it though.

To be fair, she did die quite a bit before level 90. And a couple times after that. But that's mostly due to me being bad (whatdya mean teleporting into the middle of 10 council members with fanatacism is a bad idea?) and not to the lack of purples. Of course, in HC you'd probably still want at least one row of rejuvs, but more than that you'd want to be much better of a player than me. ;p

@Phar: Toorc is always base CI (breakable with Infinity) and Ismail can roll unbreakable CI. I don't have much experience with letting the merc take down Toorc, but I can tell you that even with the 1.07 base Infinity froz lent me CI Ismail takes a little while to bring down.

Without the Infinity my runtimes were ~10 seconds slower than they are with it, if that gives you an idea of the impact.
I'm doing my runs with a barb, so my potion use is only to clear the screen in most cases...but still, there are those times I chug a big purple just because I rather not risk it.

These SC players and their strange suggestions...

Edit: Also just got a motivation booster! Woot.
I suspect I'd rather use insight than infinity for the added safety/convenience (or reaper's for merc safety + dmg?). Does someone have a % chance for each member of being immune to cold? I know about toorc ofc...

I would also use at least a column (or 4) or purples... I would just refill them running AT periodically like I did with pits on my nihl running necro.
Don't know about ES. Won't hydras eat your mana alive in like... 5 secs? Perhaps it can work with Insight, but with Inifinity another story.
In a nutshell? Yes, because the ES takes hits before resistances kick in so unless he stacks a bunch of mdr its going to be pretty useless.

mdr comes after ES as well
Well then that's just no fun at all.
If you don't have infinity, you should use a different character that can kill all the council members. With crappy gear, I was easily getting <27 sec run times with my full Tal's Blizz sorc w/o infinity. But that is leaving 1 (and it seemed often 2) guys alive.
I was going to run earlier and had to go out. So now I'm getting drunk because it's been one of those weeks (hell, lifetimes) and running. This will undoubtedly go well.
The Council? In Act 3 Hell? They drop runes? Did anyone tell them this?

:(
I've been wondering the same thing. RFO is full of everything except runes. Farmed close to 1k pgems by now, tons of jewel, few good charms, perfect cold facet, some rings... aaaand ok, few runes.
Budget cut-backs. Taxes in the district just haven't been what they used to be. You know how it is?
Farmed 1k pgems? Impressive. What set are you on then? 3?
I'm 13 hours into second set now. I'll be happy if I finish 20 hours of second set, I'm really not in the mood of playing anymore.
To give you an idea of how OP grip is, we compared pgem totals. In 31 hours I had found 650. In 31.5 hours he had found >900. You can see why he'd be losing motivation, what with the game being that easy and all. T_T
I thought you were about to die at the 2:40 part! Then I realized it wasn't HC.
Good thing, too, considering when I started running with her at lvl ** she was dying about 1 in every 5 runs. Even now that she's over 90 she still dies every now and then. As I've mentioned before, I'm quite bad at this game. :/
Best idea ever.

Side note: So what is everyone's plan to deal with blood clots? I think rule #8 should be a detailed guide to an aspirin regimen, followed by a waiver of liability.

Good thing baby aspirin are so delicious. Travincal thyme!!1one!
If this were gem find olympics, I would be good to go, agreed. Since it's RFO, then rocks matter more than gems. I had ~7 hour period of no qualifier during first set of running, at beginning of RFO as well. That is like 800-850 runs with my barb, without any qualifier while in fact they "should" drop once in 150 runs at average. That didn't really kill my motivation, but rune drops didn't really get much better than that after, and when you run hoping for something that is too stubborn to drop, then it does drain your motivation for running. I even had short period of questioning myself as barb player, is it possible that runes do drop, and I miss them? Then i equipped sorc, did close to 1.5k runs altogether with very poor results as well. If I'm sure of something, that is sorc don't miss runes. So that gave me satisfied answer that I'm just unlucky with runes, and it's not thing of missing every one of them.

Luckily for me I don't really need runes so they are not really priority for me. Gems, jewels, charms and crafting runes are top priority, rare rings and facets are second, and runes are third. I'm farming like mad top priority stuff really fast, that kept me going on this RFO. That and excitement of competition. It's literally impossible to tell who might win, it's like everyone has the chance for that, especially if lucky enough. Least I can do is to improve my score if I can to end up closer to the top position. Oooor get really lucky in last hours and get great score. You never know. I'm already happy with RFO since, except runes, otherwise drop results are really good.
Yeah I'm done. Did my 1000 runs and got 2 crappy qualifiers. That's not normal right? I always thought there was competition between Trav and LK, and my experience so far has been that LK >>> Trav
I also got 2 crappy qualifiers, still ;)
My first set was pretty much like what's being described. Got an Um or two really early, and then nothing for 12-14 hours. But, then, I called that when in practice runs prior to the RFO I got like 7 qualifiers in 100 runs, so I can't really be surprised.
gul in pre-RFO :(
I've decided against entertaining the idea of completing a third round, despite the rather strong start; because sanity. I've sent in my results for rounds 1 and 2 with my WW barb.
2 days, or day and a half left of RFO. I hope all of you had fun and farmed nice quantity of items.

When you are done, send results on [email protected]
When you send mail, give your forum name if its not obvious from your mail/account name, and also state what runes you found for each set (if you did more than one) with your final score for each individual set of running.

Finished. Ran with Blizzard Sorceress and WW Barb. Times were pretty bad (27.541 for sorc; 41.516 for barb) but I'm sure I can do better in the future, so it was at least good practice. 830pgems, 6 res/life SCs, 34% RJoF, 2 grailers, BKWB, SoJ, J(ade)MoD(;p) among others made it a pretty profitable endeavor altogether. Thanks for hosting grip, and I hope everybody has plenty of new toys for the time they put in.

A few random pics: The mother lode. Farming grailers in Travincal. Peekaboo.
Those are pretty bad? >.>

I'm quite pleased with my haul as well. I'm going to go over things more closely soon, but it was worth it for me with not only my first, but also my second SoJ! Got my first BKWB during practice/map-rerolling before hand as well. Everything else was just gravy.
Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing to complain about the alleged rune-drops of your Council.

Whilst I am appreciative of deepening financial constraints, it would appear that the quantity of runes provided by your Council are negligible. Indeed, I have been wondering if members of your Council have been removing said runes surreptitiously before they have a chance to drop. I understand that this is a serious charge, but I feel given the number of runes provided at the Council meetings I have attended over the last week, it has to be suggested.

Furthermore, when runes have been provided at said Council meetings, they have been of exceptionally poor quality ("Eth"!), that it strengthens my concerns that quality runes have been appropriated by Council members and moved to a safer location before the meetings. This goes against the spirit of the meetings and I would hope anyone caught doing this will be reprimanded.

I trust that you will investigate this matter thoroughly before any further meetings take place. It is quite unfair to tout the abundance of runes of quality at Council meetings, if they have been moved prior to the meetings! When one takes time to join the meetings, it is only to be expected that the meetings should have some hope of productivity.

My own investigate shall be taking me to LK and the RoF and should I find any evidence of impropriety of the Council members, I shall forward it to you. I hope your own searches - perhaps of Pindle - are successful.

Yours

Thyiad
Dear Council Members

How are ya all, buddies? Just wanted to say thank you for keeping your end of a bargain, all those shiny runes you gave me are very helpful to me and I'll make sure to put them to great use. Hopefully no one will find out about our secret agreement, there might be pretty mad players who will complain about you being avaricious and not dropping any rune. Maybe they will become suspicious that someone told you not to drop runes. I've put quite a show complaining about having bad luck to keep those suspicions away from me. Now I just must think of some excuse to show up with epic RFO score which I do have, otherwise others might find out that it is me who is responsible for dryness of rune drops.

To keep things even more blur to the others, since I already have quite an advantage in score over the others, I'm allowing you to drop nice runes for other players in their last hour of playing. Don't give them Cham or Ber ofc, but give them something so that they end up RFO happier and forget about their bad luck. Just don't overdo it. Drop them Mal, Um, Gul, up to Ohm, something in those lines. Rest send to me ofc. Oh, may I order another perfect facet too? It must be die, other stuff don't matter much. Non-perfect ones send to other players, they might think they are lucky to get them. Oh, and don't lose this letter. We don't want someone to find out about our agreement, I'm not in mood of killing people. Yet.

Sincerely, Gripmeister.
Sure. I've played a ton of D2, and the vast majority of that time has been playing either sorceresses or barbs, so I see no reason to not hold myself to the highest standard I have available and therefore having that standard be ~33% and ~25% faster than I was running, respectively, counts as pretty bad for me.
I'm losing track of the number of SoEs I've found during this RFO. 3-4 so far.. which is more qualifiers than I have -_-
Stupid 1.07
Wow, Pharphis has 2-3 1.07 qualifiers. So stronk.
I found a ko which I promptly made a bad blood ring out of, too :D
Ah, by that metric it makes sense. I'd feel the same with pindle on my barb. Though I'd argue you could/should cut yourself some some slack because looting in Trav is possibly the most obnoxious in all the game, but I shant as I know I don't cut myself any slack because of that either.
I finished earlier. Well gave up in disgust.

Non qualifiers included Darksight Helm, two Dwarf Stars, cold facet (bad) and a perfect Skin of the Vipermagi and a 5% FHR/all res 5 charm. Quite chuffed about the last two.

It was a nice change, but I got so fed up near the end, I went and smacked Pindle a few times for variety. Now *that* is bad. Least I got a few rejuvies out of him.

Thanks for running this. Now back to the HC tourney. :D
I learned this in 2008
http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/threads/telekinesis-teleport.644479/

Effect: Allows you to pick up items, trigger objects, and attack others at a distance.

* Knockback and Stun disabled when used against Super Unique Monsters and Bosses.
* Telekinesis can be used to activate the Seals in The Chaos Sanctuary.
* Telekinesis can be used to open chests and to quickly grab the contents which will be placed in your inventory if there is room.
* Telekinesis will only pick up scrolls, potions, keys, gold, arrows and bolts.
* Use Telekinesis to stun enemies and shove them away. At low levels you will find Telekinesis is useful for killing enemies but as you take on more powerful enemies you will find that you will have to cast it many times to finish off an enemy by yourself.
* You can use Telekinesis to activate Shrines. This saves the time of walking to a Shrine to touch it and also can be used to beat other players to the most desired Shrines.
* Telekinesis can be used to enter Portals created with Town Portal scroll or Portal Shrine. Red portals like The Secret Cow Level or Pit of Acheron can be also used. Note that you can only enter the portal with Telekinesis inside the town or level.
* You can activate and use Waypoints with Telekinesis. Your private stash is also usable with this skill. These can significantly hasten up your town visits.
I'm pretty sure TK can still stun or knockback super uniques just at a reduced chance of doing so (10%?)
Same with warcry
I don't know about the knockback on SUs, but in older versions it can pick up anything. Quite useful in 1.07 :D
Only half of the players sent results by now. The sooner the rest of you send results, the sooner I'll be able to publish them.
People not sending results on time? Man, sounds annoying.

(much love to all MFO participants this summer!)
As I suspected, I didn't end up with much time to devote to this. My 6 hours netted me 0 qualifiers.
I netted one qualifier in the approxmiate 7 hours input into this, as such I'm not going to bother sending in results so go ahead and post without me.
I found two garbage qualifiers in my 13 hours played, so just post the results without me :p

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High