[2012] Diablo Character Vanity Challenge [by Liquid_Evil]

Liquid_Evil said:
Since I'm doing it untwinked I expect points for it!
Also, do I get points for achieving both fire *and* physical, and horror *and* halloween?
Untwinked is fine (and might impress some of the judges...or it might not), but you take your chances on missing out on some of the item requirements. Only one of the skills is required, and horror and Halloween are two sides of the same coin.

Kitteh said:
I'm assuming this is HC right?
There isn't some hidden rule where the less you guys read, the more points you'll receive.

Tell me more, Liq! Is this like a HC character tournament with lots of restrictions?
Mmmm…somewhat, but not really. This is for SC characters (though HC may participate, they get no special treatment), and the restrictions are much more vague and open-ended than those of the hard-lined HC tourneys. What I want to see are wild, original characters spawned from your own imagination only after a few gentle pushes. This is a challenge that is supposed to be a fun test of your creativity while giving you the chance to blow the dust off of some lesser-used items and skills.

tl:dr- Play as you normally would and make a badass character.

Ralguleld said:
Liquid_Evil said:
2-HELM: Your character must wear either Sigon's Visor -OR- Darksight Helm -OR- a normal/socketed/magic/rare/craft/runeword in either a Great Helm or a Basinet item type.

If I decide to use normal/socketed/magic/rare/craft, is the choice limited only to Great Helm, or may I use Winged helm or Spired Helm? The same with Basinet (Full helm, Giant conch).

Liquid_Evil said:
Ralguleld said:
If I decide to use normal/socketed/magic/rare/craft, is the choice limited only to Great Helm, or may I use Winged helm or Spired Helm? The same with Basinet (Full helm, Giant conch).
I would just stick to the same base items unless you have a good reason not to.

cheerupemokid10 said:
Well, writing from my sons 3ds... but...

Name decided: check
Character made: check
Build/items decided: check
Act 1 down, a2 halfway there.

Kickin names and takin that other stuff! Ya'll got nuttin on dis swag!

Jason Maher said:
Name decided. Build decided. A build I've never played before, which should be fun. Crappy future thematic items decided. I just have to avoid the temptation to play my 99-bound Bowazon for long enough to play this character. :badteeth:

Pyrohemia said:
kestegs said:
Those dogs won't be visiting my avatar space. I can't imagine any judge being foolish enough to vote against me 😉
Do your worst. I do not fear death. 😉

you-shall-not-pass.jpg

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High