[2009] Random Tournament 2009 [by Vang]

Jan 3, 2007
DISCLAIMER: Please do NOT post in this thread yet. We still need to migrate all posts from the old thread on diabloii.net to this thread. If you want to help, feel free to do so :)

This tournament has already ended. It was originally started by @Vang on Feb 27, 2009. The last post was made Aug 28, 2009.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

Random Tournament 2009

****When rolling for someone PLEASE, make a post saying I'm rolling, and then edit it, so multiple people don't roll up for each other****

*For simplicity adding these links to top of thread*

Websites:
http://www.random.org/nform.html
Items list for rolls
Roll Codes formatted

Well, its that time. I got a couple weeks off of work and although I'm hosting it a few months earlier than I planned, here it is.

Previous years: Random Tournament 2008

The changes from previous years:
1 skill point is placed into each tree randomly, and you still get your 5 skills to allocate to a tree(4max, instead of previous 3) for a total of 8 skills.
2 weapons are now rolled, and rerolling weapon and armor are now apart, so you can reroll armor, skill, and one of your two weapon rolls. (yes, I know paladins get it super easy on this part, since there are only three scepters.)

Rules:

1. HC only
2. RWM and RRM/CRM are allowed.
3. Any player setting is allowed, please no cheese for popping chest.
4. No MP
5. No rerunning areas.
6. All quest do not have to be completed neither do all waypoints need to be activated. Your points will be affected though.
7. You are allowed to go back to a previous difficulty to complete a quest(Imbue, Socket, etc)
8. Any merc allowed.
9. Starter equipment may be used.
10. Replays are allowed, and no maximum tries.
11. Some one else must roll you up.
12. You do not have to use any skill you get chosen if you choose not to(for instances you get increased stamina, you can elect not to place a point into it.)
13. Re-roll: You are allowed to get a skill, weapon, and armor choice rerolled once per character. Example: You get Sash chosen as belt, and choose reroll, it can be anything, including a sash again. Sometimes fate decides for you. Must be done at beginning of character.
14. Atma is allowed as an extended stash only
15. No save and exit when your about to bite the dust.

UPDATE: End DATE: The normal around the forum seems to be when no one is interested in it anymore, so once it falls into the barren pit for a couple weeks, I'll make a last call post to anyone still involved and working on it.

Scoring:

1 point per waypoint.
2 points per quest complete.
5 points for difficulty completed.
In the event of a tie, lowest character level will be declared the winner. (Bragging rights)

Skill choices:

1 Reroll is allowed.
You will get random rolls to decide your skills. This year, I'm changing it a bit to have more interest. 1 point is rolled into each tree. You then get 5 choice tree rolls, with up four of those in a tree. 4-1, 3-1-1, 2-2-1.

For skills, go left to right in order. So Barbarian combat: 1 Bash, 2 Leap, 3 Double Attack, etc..10 Berzerk
*In the event you are a Barbarian, and choose the mastery tree, you are free to say, mastery as weapon choice(if a mastery is not rolled, you will have to choose then)
*If you are a druid, you are free to shapeshift into any form that can be used by a skill you are rolled, with 1 point.

Other notes: Items with passive skills are allowed to be worn, items with charges are allowed to be used(as you pay with gold or cube to recharge it) and CtC items are allowed as well. +Skills of non-skills aren't allowed to be used

Equipment:
1 Reroll of Armor allowed, 1 reroll of Weapon allowed.
2 Weapons are rolled from chosen type(Addition from previous years)
Each slot is randomly chosen for you. The exceptional and elite versions of each base item chosen can be used. (Axe, Cleaver, Small Cresent)
*Incase of Circlet(add to helm list as last one) all 4 can be used.
Go top to bottom, for example: sash, light belt, belt, heavy belt, plated belt.
You are allowed your choice of weapon type: Axe, Sword, Javelin, etc.
A Class item is chosen as well.
*Amazons have the option of either: Any type. Javelin, Bow, or Spear, this is an update to clarify that you don't have a useless skill, unless you choose to. *When rolling Amazons randomly do it between Bow-Xbows-Javelins-Spear weapons, unless they specifically request total random on an amazon roll*
*Assassin must choose a non-claw weapon since claw is class item.
*Rings, Amulets, and Charms can be used freely

MERCENARY equipment is the same for Helm, Shield, and Armor. Weapon is a free to choose from available items.

Websites:
http://www.random.org/nform.html
Items list for rolls
Roll Codes formatted
Sample character:
Barbarian
Skills, 4 Combat, 3 Warcries, 1 Mastery:

(1)Bash, (2)Leap, (4) Stun) (9)Whirlind, (1)Howl, (2)Find Potion (7)Battle Orders, (4)Polearm Mastery.

Equipment:

(3)Belt, (10)Light Plate, (1)Leather Gloves, (5)Greaves, (8)Bone Helm, (5)Spiked Shield, (3)Horned Helm, (4) Poleaxe, (5) Halberd

At this point, the player can choose one skill and one equipment to be rerolled.
*Incase of Barbarian, he may elect to reroll Mastery, but does not get reroll of weapon automatically, must use that equipment reroll as well on weapon to get that option.

You can leave out the (X), just doing that to clarify how skills and items are chosen.

CLARIFICATIONS:

Many questions have came up, so I'll try to answer them in an order to clarify them as to what the original poster wanted.

"Questions, So you are free not to use a chosen skill. But you are only allowed to use chosen skills correct?

Re-roll, must they be done before starting or at anytime during the game?

Atma is allowed, does this mean tweaking is ok in this tourny?"

Good questions.

Yes, you can only use the chosen skills, but you aren't required to use any of them.

Any re-rolls must be *CHOSEN* before starting(You are free to start a character, but not use any of the re-rolls to be done items, as sometimes you would rather start regardless)

Atma is allowed as an extended stash only, no twinking of any kind.

QUESTIONS REGARDING Holy Shield/Smite and TWOHANDED WEAPONS as well as bow using paladins.

"I have a bow for a paladin and can't use Holy shield can it be rerolled. Reroll is Vengeance, but I can't use it still, can it be rerolled?"

I just wasn't thinking with the bow, as a paladin, that really either is pretty useless to the character, and was more so stated for ones that are using a twohander by choice or randomly chosen.

The real question then is, should the skill be kept, I believe it should be kept a choice, as certainly a shield will be able to provide a large defensive bonus while a vengeance shortsword is not as likely to be a game changer. I can't allow a reroll until 1of3 skills are chosen, as you could effectively "rig" your character, saying bow, 3 combat skills, and getting all three of them, while using your shield and basic weapon as means of survival.

Now the same thing comes into play for an Amazon and Barbarians choosing twohanded weapons, as they will effectively knock off a portion of a skill tree(3 and 4) but they can't quite rig their character, as there skills in each tree are still melee based.

Barbarian and Amazons clarifications:
IF a Barbarian or Amazon decides(or mastery decides) that a two-handed weapon is used, then the following skills are auto rerolls:

Poison Javelin
Plaque Javelin
Lightning Bolt(Amazon Jav tab)
Lightning Fury
Double Throw
Double Swing
Frenzy
(UNLESS IN case of barbarian, the weapon that can also be a onehanded mace and axes type is allowed to be rerolled first, otherwise auto reroll the skills) *Swords can be one-handed by barbarians, so isn't included.

Useless skill Roll Sample

Originally Posted by erics
@Aitrus

Combat
Stun
*Double Swing*
Leap Attack
Whirlwind

Warcries
Battle Command
Howl

Masteries
Natural Resist *Note if this was another weapon mastery it would be rerolled, first mastery rolled, other gets rerolled*
*Spear*

Items
Helm
Field Plate
Large Shield
Heavy Gloves
boots
sash

Class Specific
Assault Helmet

Weapon
*Trident*
*Spear*
---------------------
Real quick, so everyone who is rolling so far understands this. Since Aitrus is using a 2handed weapon type, Spears(Thanks to Mastery roll), the double swing is now a useless skill, meaning he can not in anyway use it. At this point Erics, you go back and reroll it automatically(But still use a 1-10, but Double Throw/DS/Frenzy are all rerolls)

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High