[2007] Top of the World, Ma - PvP Tournament [by Thyiad]

Jan 3, 2007
DISCLAIMER: Please do NOT post in this thread yet. We still need to migrate all posts from the old thread on diabloii.net to this thread. If you want to help, feel free to do so :)

This tournament has already ended. It was originally started by @Thyiad on Apr 25, 2007. The last post was made Aug 4, 2007.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

Top of the World, Ma - PvP Tournament

I'm on Top of the World, Ma PvP Tournament

Roll up, roll up to the biggest, bestest, badest tourney since ... the last one. 😁

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the Liq has handed over hosting of the next PvP Propagander ... Extravaganza to someone with l337 dueling skills. Unfortunately, they ran quicker than me, so I'm doing it.

The Idea
Why do we duel? To prove we have the bestest character in all the world. So may I introduce to you the Top of the World Tourney.

Each dueler will be fighting for their continent. To prove their part of the globe rules in the wonderfully wild world of PvP.

The Challenges
This will be in two stages.

Stage One
The first stage will be open to anyone who wants to join.
Each competitor can have a maximum of four duels; their two top scores ONLY will count toward their Stage One score. However, the two extra duels are there to give everyone a chance to improve their score and eliminate a bad battle.
** The exact number of duels will be finalized when I know how many are taking part. **

Stage One Point Scoring
Opponents signifies readiness in a cleared Blood Moor. Someone signals go. A battle proceeds. Each matchup will consist of six rounds only; hosting should change at round three.
Six battles take place against each opponent and points are awarded for the following:
1 point for each kill
-1 point for being killed
-1 point for not being hostile 😁
1 point for completing all six battles against a specific opponent

ONE OFF ADDITIONS
At the end of the stage one bouts, the following points are available:
1 point for fighting the maximum number of counting bouts (this is only added once not once per bout!)
1 point for competing 'out of your home continent' IE being a mercenary and yes this is to try and get more people in the australia/asia team. I really don't want a US v The Rest bout.
** I will drop this if everyone decides to fight for the opposition or if there are enough for each continent **

Example:
Teagan v Maria
Teagan wins two rounds, Maria wins four rounds.
Teagans' score is (2 - 4) + 1 = -1
Maria's score is (4 - 2) + 1 = 3
Both opponents have the possibility of adding one further point for completing two counting matches

with only the top scorer in each continent going through the to Grande Finale.

Grand Finale
The creme of Europe, Americas and Australia/Asia go through.
Each opponent will duel the best from the other continent 1v1.

Grand Finale Point Scoring
Opponents signifies readiness in a cleared Blood Moor. Someone signals go. A battle proceeds. Each matchup will consist of ten rounds only; hosting should change at round five.
Ten battles take place against each opponent and points are awarded for the following:
1 point for each kill
-1 point for being killed
-1 point for not being hostile
1 point for completing all ten battles against a specific opponent

ONE OFF ADDITIONS
2 points for fighting both opponents

How do you win?
Knockout stages: Get the most points
Grande Finale: Get the most points

The top scorer will be crowned Top of the World!

*cue footbal chant* Loooooooooooooosers! *end football chant*
Apart from being *pointed* and *laughed* at .... The losers in the Grande Finale have to wear avatars along with the two least scoring duellers in the Knockout stages. The avatars will be worn for seven days. By playing in this tournament, you agree to this. Avatars will be availble after the duelling has completed.

Rules?
Hell duels
No potions, mercs, wells, or shrines.
No recasting Cyclone and Bone Armor.
No minions that cannot be summoned in town with the exception of Decoy.
No Holy Freeze, Decrepify, or Bone Prison.
No mass slow (>10%), no mass poison from items (>200), no mass replenish (>25). This encompasses Holy Bolt teammate healing which is NOT allowed.
No curse charges (this includes Slow Missiles). Chance to cast is acceptable.
No overabsorb. Limit 2 items per element with the standard ban on Rising Sun and Black Oak. A paladin's "Resist Cold, Fire, Lightning" auras count as one piece of absorb/max gear.
Necromancers cannot cast Life Tap. CtC is acceptable.
You may relog between rounds once duelling has completed to fix charge/anya bug/leap attack
There will be no restrictions on whether gear is your own or loaned.
Same character to be used throughout this Tournament.
Dropouts get to wear the same 'tar as the losers.
**If something is discovered the gives an unfair advantage, I reserve the right to make additions to the rules

Date and times?
Knockout stages from July 1 to July 23, 2007. Grand Finale July 24 to 1 August. I'll post when the dueling begins and when it ends. Don't save all your duels until the last minute.

Can I borrow gear?
Yes.

Trash talk?
Yes please otherwise it gets a bit dull in here. No Tom & Jerry cartoon violence though.

Any questions? Comments? Concerns?

** I will post updated rules with the exact number of counting duels and maximum duels available when I know the rough sign up numbers. **

Credits
Sints Guide to Hosting a Tourney
Moor 2 v 2 - and all Liqs other tournies (also from where I shamelessly cribbed the rules)

The sign-up table
Please shove an * by your name if you are out of your home continent.

Code:
EUROPE 
Thyiad

AMERICAS

AUSTRALIA/ASIA

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High