[2007] A most unusual tournament [by EmperorMoo]

Jan 3, 2007
DISCLAIMER: Please do NOT post in this thread yet. We still need to migrate all posts from the old thread on diabloii.net to this thread. If you want to help, feel free to do so :)

This tournament has already ended. It was originally started by @EmperorMoo on Aug 31, 2007. The last post was made Nov 20, 2007.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

A most unusual tournament

As the nights draw in (in the Northern Hemisphere, anyway), my thoughts have turned towards a D2 project to keep me going on the long, cold dark nights...

One of the true joys about D2 is the huge variety of possible character builds. We've all (I expect) made frost zealots, hammerdins, fishys, but who has made an auraless paladin? a skeleton-mage-mancer? or a practically naked entirely passive tree 'zon (http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=480035)?

The idea for the "A most unusual tournament" is very simple. In fact, there are only three rules:

1) HC only: just because it's unusual, doesn't mean Darwinism doesn't apply.

2) No muling on. This makes it fairer on those of us who have no stash.

3) The character build must be unusual in a fundamental way. It will be up to each person's discretion how the character is unusual, but at the very least it must be a build you personally have never made before.

Also, don't be afraid to experiment or worry about low damage. These are in fact the objects of this tournament. This will be a slow progress, long term project. As it is so open-ended, measuring progress will be difficult, as well as (ultimately) pointless. In fact, calling this a "tournament" at all may well be a misnomer, as I envision it being more of a support group.

If this takes off, and people are interested in joining, I hope we will put a table in the thread which allows people to keep a track of level, WP, difficulty and a brief build description.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High