[2006] "Untwinked, Coffin Dodger Hell Journey Tournament" [by Morathi]

Jan 3, 2007
DISCLAIMER: Please do NOT post in this thread yet. We still need to migrate all posts from the old thread on diabloii.net to this thread. If you want to help, feel free to do so :)

This tournament has already ended. It was originally started by @Morathi on Dec 29, 2006. The last post was made Mar 2, 2007.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

"Untwinked, Coffin Dodger Hell Journey Tournament"

Hello all, I have decided to make a tournament for all you fellow SPF members to participate. I understand there is one still going but this one is more casual and is not serious. The tournament involves you creating an Untwinked character (Self-Found, no muling items onto that character) and trying to beat Hell without a death. Now this is tournament can either be SC or HC. HC would be your best choice if you decide not to continue that character in the future. This is a challenging tournament which will require you to utilise all your Diablo skills. For some this tournament will be easy but for others a very hard challenge. Now to lay out some simple rules.

RULES:

1-You must play fully Untwinked, you may only use the items you find with that character. There will be no mulling onto that character at all, through ATMA or multi player games.
2-You may decided to choose either HC or SC. If you choose SC and you die you must notify everyone by placing a RIP sign next to your character in the table. Same goes with HC. Either way if you die that is the end.
3-ATMA may be used only for mulling off and other needs.
4-Version 1.11 and 1.11b are permitted. The Rune Word Module may be used. However the Rune Word Mod cannot be used ( makes it harder because no low rune end game weapons lol)
5-You may not do multi-player games. You must strictly play only by your self.
6-No trading is allowed between other players.
7-You are not allowed to go back to previous acts or previous difficulty levels.
8-You may not hit the escape key to prevent your self from dieing. This is really a personal rule that you will have to make your self obey. This may be hard for some but it all comes down to honesty and trust.
9-You may choose any character you like. There is no restriction on builds or skills. It is all in your hands what you may play. In the table you must however display your character name, Class (like druid, sorc etc.), the build (trapper, blizzballer, meteorb, frenzy barb etc.) and also your character level.
10-The winner of the tournament is the first person to beat hell baal and become either a mat/pat or a guardian. You MUST however post a screenshot of your self becoming a mat/pat or guardian to make it official.

Normal RULES:

Normal has a slight restriction to make it more challenging for everyone. In Normal there will be no re- runs of areas. This means that you cannot re-run end act bosses (meph, duriel, diablo etc.) and other areas such as the pits, World Stone Keep, Lower Kurast etc. Throughout Normal you must run everything on players 8 except act bosses, which can be run on any other players settings. Once you get into NM the rules change.

Nightmare RULES:

If you make it to Nightmare you may decide to re-run act bosses and areas. Also players setting become your choice you may continue with the Normal rules or you can change depending on your playing style. The same rules apply for Hell.

THE WINNER:

Since I restarted not so long ago. I cannot offer any items or anything. This means that the winner will just gain forum popularity and celebrate knowing he won the tournament and beat everybody. This was never a serious tournament just something fun and challenging for all you SPF members.

The tournament starts now good luck everybody and post any comments or questions if you got any.

Morathi

Morathi said:
I will be participating in this tournament just for fun. Here is the table which you can add your name and information if you would like to join.

Code:
Forum Name      Character Name    Class      Build type     lvl    Area

Naab said:
Code:

ron said:
Naab said:
Code:
Sounds fun, Deal me in!

Last edited:
Morathi said:
Code:

Hey Ron welcome aboard. Just a little update on Myojin. She is about to enter the catacombs and face the evil queen Andariel. She is sailing smoothly and now that i have 1 point into glacial spike and fire wall everything dies very very quickly on p/8. Hopefully tonight i should be up to act 2.

PS. Ron get rid of the quote marks in the table before you submit it.

Morathi

EDIT- about rule "7-You are not allowed to go back to previous acts or previous difficulty levels." this only applys to Normal difficulty once you reach Nightmare this rule does not apply anymore.

ron said:
Code:

Whoops, been a long time since I used a table...sorry 'bout that!

Doing well, using mostly traps and norm attack to clear and using DTalon to speed up boss and champion fights.

Morathi said:
Forgot to mention but this tournament is open any time. You may join now or later. The only problem about it is that people can have a distinct advantage but then again they can die and that advantage is gone.

Morathi said:
WOOPS i totally forgot something to edit,

The Rune Word Module may be used. However the Rune Word Mod cannot be used ( makes it harder because no low rune end game weapons lol)

It should be "The Red Rune module may be used. However the Rune Word mod cannot be used. (makes it harder because no low end game weapons lol)"

Drystan said:
I'll join with a new Sorc - Blizzballer, named Caellyn_II, HC as usual.
I probably won't be rushing towards Baal, but playing at a normal pace.

Code:
Drystan         Caellyn_II        Sorc       Blizzballer    1      Rogue Camp

TheFaceless said:
I shall enter my first SPF Tournament! I can never name my characters, so he shall be named the opposite of my SPF sn, and he will be a Werebear. This seems like a good tournament to start out on since I don't have any extremely complicated rules to follow.

Code:
TheFaceless     TheFacefull       Druid      Werebear       1      Rogue Camp

Edit- Cool! First time at using the table and it only took me six edits to get it right! :prop:

TheFaceless said:
Sorry about the double post, the "edit" option wasn't under my post I made for some reason... But anyways, I just got my bear up to level 14 and just got done rescuing Mr.Cain. Nothing really interesting to report yet. I've found about 20 chipped gems already, so they're scattered throughout my gear, and it seems to be working pretty good for now. I shall resume my progress tomorrow. Goodnight!

Code:
Naab            Holy Cheese       Paladin    Hammerdin      1      Rogue Camp

Morathi said:
Code:

Did quite a bit today defeated Andariel and completed the whole of act 2. About 5 mins ago i beat Duriel, she was quite easy despite my merc dieing twice. Myojin is going really good and has been running the whole time on players 8 (even bosses). Now that i got blizzard up and running everything dies within an instant. Only 1 NDE by Duriel but i had full rejuv so nothing too scary.

Morathi

Drystan said:
Code:
Drystan         Caellyn_II        Sorc       Blizzballer    15     Black Marsh

Nothing interesting. Except that I like Fireball! Why didn't Caellyn (pure blizz) die sooner? 😁 I probably wouldn't've made a Blizzballer otherwise.
But fireball pwns early on! ~80 expolosive damage is so much fun.

Morathi said:
Code:
TheFaceless     TheFacefull       Druid      Werebear       14     Dark Wood

Just moved you up Drystan. Try and make it so that it is in order in level wise. This makes it alot easier to see who is currently in first place. :)

moiselvus said:
I might join this one, after I'm finished with the obsession tourny (either karmesha is dead or gardian), will make for an easy gardian :laugh:
although I think gardian is never easy this tourny isn't really restrictive, just untwinked and hardcore is really easy compared to other tournys, and my sept must exist out of touny chars, this tourny will make the easiest gardian if I join and get that far 😁
~moiselvus

Cygnus said:
I'd like to play, but I have RRM/RWM installed, and I don't want to uninstall RWM. Is it ok if I play with RWM and just not use the RWM-only runewords? If I change the start folder to the d2 install location (it's the Runewords folder right now), will RRM still work?

Is reroll of ancients with TP allowed?

p8 everything in normal *gulp* Ancients, Infector, Lister, ...

Also, at what point should I turn down player level for Act Bosses? For example, at/before entrance to durance3, or after killing Bremm/Maffer/Wyand?

Sidhe said:
Good questions Cygnus, those were on my mind too.

I'm going to go ahead and make a char though, even with RWM installed. I just won't use the RWM-runewords.

And one more question: no re-run of areas in Normal, does that mean that I either have to reach a WP without killing anything, or run from a WP to the next area without killing anything, between game sessions? Guess it does, but just want to be sure. Might present some problems with 'closed-off' areas like the Graveyard...

Code:
TheFaceless     TheFacefull       Druid      Werebear       14     Dark Wood
Sidhe           Grim              Druid      Hunter         1      Rogue Camp

jiansonz said:
Sidhe said:
And one more question: no re-run of areas in Normal, does that mean that I either have to reach a WP without killing anything, or run from a WP to the next area without killing anything, between game sessions? Guess it does, but just want to be sure. Might present some problems with 'closed-off' areas like the Graveyard...
I always play like this, and you are right in that it can sometimes get complicated to start a new session. But Normal is not very dangerous, so it´s usually not too bad even if you have 2 boss packs hot on your heels. 😁

Never had this problem with the Graveyard, though, since I always clear it the same session as I clear the Cold Plains. However, getting the large distance from the Plains WP to Stony Field the next session can be a problem (especially in Hell, if I happen to get something like three speedy corrupted rogue boss packs with several auras, etc. chasing me...).

Good luck to all players here. You won´t see me in this, since it rewards players who neglect other tourneys (and the rest of their lives...:azn: )

Sidhe said:
jiansonz said:
Never had this problem with the Graveyard, though, since I always clear it the same session as I clear the Cold Plains.
Ah yes, but it's 2 seperate areas, right? So that means either run there not killing anything in Cold Plains (with of course the entrance being the other way from where you're running :rolleyes:) or clear Cold Plains before the Burial Grounds, creating a level gap between you and your Merc.

jiansonz said:
Good luck to all players here. You won´t see me in this, since it rewards players who neglect other tourneys (and the rest of their lives...:azn: )

Now, be nice... 😉 It's a nice tourney to get more people to play HC and thus join more tourneys (seeing that most seem to be HC, imo).

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High