[2006] "Untwinked, Coffin Dodger Hell Journey Tournament" [by Morathi]

Naab said:
Completed act1 and 2 today.Act 1 from Outer cloister on very hard and i had several near death occasions because of the dumb charge lock,but after i got lvl 18 and fresh try with hammers everything was easy including andy.Duriel was a pain but after several town visits i got him down.Everything was on P8 ofcause.

Code:
Forum Name      Character Name    Class      Build type     lvl    Area
Ron             Zamboni           Assassin   Trap/Kick      14     Dark Wood
TheFaceless     TheFacefull       Druid      Werebear       14     Dark Wood
Sidhe           Grim              Druid      Hunter         1      Rogue Camp

Cygnus said:
Code:
Cygnus          Penthesilea       Amazon     LF/PJ          7      Cold Plains
This table stuff is way too complicated :sad2:

Anyway, I got started. I won't be using RWM-runewords, hope no one minds my playing with RWM installed. I'm trying an LF/PJ javazon, plan 20 points each in CS/PJ/PJ/LF and 1pt in each of the passives. Maybe a bit more in pierce.

Got off to a quiet start. 4-kill level up at the beginning :laugh: Charsi gave me a Beryl Large Shield of Blocking, which helps with block at this stage.

Morathi said:
I'd like to play, but I have RRM/RWM installed, and I don't want to uninstall RWM. Is it ok if I play with RWM and just not use the RWM-only runewords? If I change the start folder to the d2 install location (it's the Runewords folder right now), will RRM still work?
If you have RWM installed you may still play but you may not use Bnet runewords. So you dont have to uninstall it just play the game thinking you dont even have RWM.

Is reroll of ancients with TP allowed?

Yes you can re-roll ancients because you have not completeed it yet. so yes you can.

Also, at what point should I turn down player level for Act Bosses? For example, at/before entrance to durance3, or after killing Bremm/Maffer/Wyand?

You should turn down your players either just before the act boss ( out side duriels area, catacombs level 4 for Andariel etc...) basically if you want to change your players settings for the end act boss just make sure it is done before you vs him/her.(THIS IS NOT A SET RULE, IT JUST MEANS THAT YOU MAY TURN DOWN YOUR PLAYERS SETTINGS BEFORE ACT BOSSES)

And one more question: no re-run of areas in Normal, does that mean that I either have to reach a WP without killing anything, or run from a WP to the next area without killing anything, between game sessions? Guess it does, but just want to be sure. Might present some problems with 'closed-off' areas like the Graveyard...

Good question basically you dont have to do that. If you get to lets say lost city way point and you stop playing it does not mean that you cannot kill anything before the next way point. The rule was placed so people dont re-run pindle, pits ,WSK, act bosses etc. So to answer your question it is no you dont have to.

hope no one minds my playing with RWM installed

It is perfectly alright if it is installed as long as you dont use it. (example makings spirt, or in other words Bnet runewords)

Morathi said:
Code:

fixed up the table.

Morathi said:
Code:

Got up to act 5 today. NDE's since Duriel. Myojin is doing really really well. Her damage output is good and so far i have gone players 8 all the way (including act bosses). Right now Myojin looks to me like my first character to go through normal without a death 😃 . To bad she is SC because this is my 1st character since my restart (i deleted Mory in the Enchantress tournament). Hopefully when she becomes a Mat i can begin HC.

Hope more people join its not too late.

Morathi

Sidhe said:
Code:
Sidhe           Grim              Druid      Hunter         10     Cold Plains

Grim cleared the Den, an act which so impressed some Spirit Wolfs that they decided to join his cause. Together they traveled to the Burial Grounds where Bloodraven was said to dwell. The Wolfs eagerly tore her apart, and well, they let Grim help a bit too. Upon his return to Town, one of the Rogues decided to join him in his battle against Evil, and he gladly accepted her offer. He liked his Wolves, but they weren't very talkative; some human company would be most welcome. Besides, the girl was pretty, maybe she would warm up to more than just his battle...

Gah, my writing skills are rusty! Oh well, I'll get there eventually...
Just my update so far, I'm sure I'll take Grim some further through the game today.

Morathi said:
sidhe is ur hunter goin to be pure summoner? or a hybrid? also i guess it will be using a bow right? and what bow would you hoping to use during hell because i couldnt imagine a great damage output by any bow with a Druid.

EDIT- it is 12:28 am here and 2007 is now 28 mins old :) happy new years everyone!!!

Sidhe said:
Morathi said:
sidhe is ur hunter goin to be pure summoner? or a hybrid? also i guess it will be using a bow right? and what bow would you hoping to use during hell because i couldnt imagine a great damage output by any bow with a Druid.
Grim is going to be a pure Summoner, and I'm planning to use a bow most of the time. Right now he's playing Alpha Wolf though: right up front meleeing the baddies. As for Hell... No idea yet, I'll see that when I get there. Guess the hardest bit will be finding the right bow (and right switch equipment), and managing the limited amount of stash and inventory space. Damage with a bow is doable, especially with a Might merc and Heart of Wolverine. And otherwise I just have to rely on the strength of the pack. 😉

Yes, of course.😉

Summon Spirit Wolf: 20
Summon Dire Wolf: 20
Summon Grizzly: 20
Heart of Wolverine: 20
Carrion Vine: 1-10
Oak Sage: 1-10
And Raven and Poison Creeper 1 each, being prereqs.
Done at 84 skill points at the earliest, 102 if I put the full ten points into Carrion Vine and Oak Sage. I doubt I'll reach any higher, lvl 92 is hard enough, I'm sure.

Edit: I did this with an SC Druid, before I wandered of to other 'projects'. True, he was twinked (and SC), but I did reach NM Act 2 without dying on mostly P8. Mhmm, I should finish him...

Last edited:
Naab said:
Deeds:sad2: I knew when i entered CS that battle with Infector of soul will be fierce,but i didnt know he'd kill my pala with 30 FR(i know crap but i couldnt find a decent pala shield nor a Ral) and 600 life in less then 5 secs.

Code:

Last edited:
Morathi said:
sorry Naab. If you like you may rejoin, considering the low number of people in the tournament. If you decide to rejoin leave your other character in the table and start a new one.

@tartansia.

Its ok if you play HC that way this tournament was placed for SOME! people to change their playing style and see how far they can make it.

Last edited:
Morathi said:
Code:

Myojin has so been my first ever character to beat Normal without a death 😁(To bad this she SC not HC). She is doing really good, I was very scared of the Ancients but they fell so fast it was not funny (same with baal). So far i have got blizzard maxed and now i am working on glacial spike and fire ball. I hope NM gives me some nice drops. When i reach Meph i may park my self there for a bit and see if i can get some better gear to wear.

Morathi

PS. if you thinking of joing you better do it quickly because i think Myojin can go all the way :cool: *crosses fingers*. Hopefully i dont die.

Last edited:
Morathi said:
Hey Sidhe hows your hunter going? i am interested to see how he is doing. Also you said early your not sure how to deal with PI's in hell. Get a Fire Rogue merc and also try and get a very high elemental damaging bow. It should help against PI's and also stack up on elemental charms.

Last edited:
tartanasia said:
Morathi said:
Code:
Myojin has so been my first ever character to beat Normal without a death 😁(To bad this she SC not HC). She is doing really good, I was very scared of the Ancients but they fell so fast it was not funny (same with baal). So far i have got blizzard maxed and now i am working on glacial spike and fire ball. I hope NM gives me some nice drops. When i reach Meph i may park my self there for a bit and see if i can get some better gear to wear.

Morathi

PS. if you thinking of joing you better do it quickly because i think Myojin can go all the way :cool: *crosses fingers*. Hopefully i dont die.
I made my zon two days before this tourny that followed these rules, If had waited then I could have entered her. Shes currently lvl 73 act2 hell.

Last edited:
Drystan said:
Code:
Not much to say yet. This was pretty amusing though. Still using Fireball, and no longer using a bow. Now using a Blood Crescent, and socketing armours and helms with Skulls. Life+mana regen :D
Duriel will be a breeze.

Last edited:
Naab said:
Added a new pally - Nikola_Tesla,who surprise surprise will be an tesladin.He jiust easily killed Andy and is now lvl 19.He also found blood crescent from a chest in the catacombs,which will creatly help him once he gets to use his main skill,Holy shock.

Code:
Naab            Nikola_Tesla      Paladin    Tesladin       19     Lut Gholein

Last edited:
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low